• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Do you think "Rayplumber" could be an alt. skin?

(That shadow in Rayman's back, it's like the Smash Bros icons for characters xD).
Maybe so, I think it could happen. But i'd just expect alts from like R3 and Origins based on his normal look.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sorry for double posting but @ Jaster Jaster Maybe they would do that. Although it may have just been for reference purposes, Rayman did wear that outfit in the "Raymanized Smash Bros' picture back a month ago, now that I think about it...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Sorry for double posting but @ Jaster Jaster Maybe they would do that. Although it may have just been for reference purposes, Rayman did wear that outfit in the "Raymanized Smash Bros' picture back a month ago, now that I think about it...
I'd like that skin, but since Sakurai isn't adding "things" to the skins I don't think that we'll see the "Rayplumber" (For the hat and the shoes).

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'd like that skin, but since Sakurai isn't adding "things" to the skins I don't think that we'll see the "Rayplumber" (For the hat and the shoes).
Well, with the talk of alts, maybe if I ever get the motivation for it, I'd like to make a "Alt Chart" of all the possible alts for Rayman just for fun at some point.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I started playing Rayman 2 for the N64. The music and sounds are so different from the other versions, I like how the music sounds here, also, at the start of the game (when Ly is speaking to Rayman) it sounds a midley of all the songs of Rayman 2 o.o

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I started playing Rayman 2 for the N64. The music and sounds are so different from the other versions, I like how the music sounds here, also, at the start of the game (when Ly is speaking to Rayman) it sounds a midley of all the songs of Rayman 2 o.o
xD Yeah, I believe it is. :) And yeah, I got that same feeling when I started playing the Great Escape myself, so many things seems different than Revolution, but, similar at the same time. It felt like I was experiencing R2 again for the first time, it's neat.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
xD Yeah, I believe it is. :) And yeah, I got that same feeling when I started playing the Great Escape myself, so many things seems different than Revolution, but, similar at the same time. It felt like I was experiencing R2 again for the first time, it's neat.
Do you know where can I get that "song" from the intro? I've never heard it xD.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
The big surprise for Rayman's 20th anniversary is the long-awaited sequel to Rayman Fiesta Run.:troll:
Wrong. It's obviously going to be Rayman Brain Games 2. People have been waiting for a sequel to that game for almost 15 years. :troll:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Speaking of which, I just realized the Rabbids haven't had a game for a while, nor have I heard anything about them. I wonder if Ubisoft are retiring them?
Apparently their cartoon hasn't been cancelled yet. But you're right that they haven't appeared in a game in quite some time.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Speaking of which, I just realized the Rabbids haven't had a game for a while, nor have I heard anything about them. I wonder if Ubisoft are retiring them?
Well, besides the show that I think is still airing on Nick, I think they got rid of them since Origins (unless you count that one thing where they were in a beta of Legends or something like that at one point with a screenshot of it).

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Apparently their cartoon hasn't been cancelled yet. But you're right that they haven't appeared in a game in quite some time.
Really? Well I guess Nickelodeon is weird when it comes to their shows, Fairly Odd Parents isn't cancelled (even though it should) yet it still gets new episodes every now and then.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Really? Well I guess Nickelodeon is weird when it comes to their shows, Fairly Odd Parents isn't cancelled (even though it should) yet it still gets new episodes every now and then.
Yeah, I don't watch Nickelodeon much nowadays but I've noticed the strangeness in their schedules.
And yes, yes it should.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I have a strong feeling King K. Rool is going to be first place in the ballot, but Rayman wouldn't be too far behind.
Most likely, K.Rool is a highly, and I mean highly, requested character.
Rayman is one of the most requested third parties though. I think we are going to get at least one third party through the ballot.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
The moment the ballot was announced, I said to myself, "King K. Rool confirmed". He has every reason to be included and a large majority of the community wants him in.

I think he is. But it shows 3rd Party characters being the highest ones being between Rayman and Shantae.
I thought the most requested third-party characters were between Rayman and Banjo-Kazooie.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The moment the ballot was announced, I said to myself, "King K. Rool confirmed". He has every reason to be included and a large majority of the community wants him in.

I thought the most requested third-party characters were between Rayman and Banjo-Kazooie.
Well, from most sources I think so, one has Banjo first, with Sora (Kingdom Hearts) second, Bayonetta third, Shantae fourth, and Rayman fifth. Most cases those two be close at times, some Rayman is in the lead.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Since the last week, I think that we'll get 1 Nintendo character and 1 new 3rd party, King K. Rool and Rayman (that's what I think), but it depends of Sakurai. Imagine this:

Results of the ballot:

1. King K. Rool.
2. Rayman.
3. Banjo & Kazooie.
4. Shantae.
5. Shovel Knight.
6. Inkling.
7. Bayonetta.
8. Miku.

Sakurai: King K. Rool will be the first character to be added... and let me see what other one can we add.. Ok.. I decided it.. I'm going to choose.. MIKU! 'cause she has BLU HEIR LIKE SANIC.

:troll:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Since the last week, I think that we'll get 1 Nintendo character and 1 new 3rd party, King K. Rool and Rayman (that's what I think), but it depends of Sakurai. Imagine this:

Results of the ballot:

1. King K. Rool.
2. Rayman.
3. Banjo & Kazooie.
4. Shantae.
5. Shovel Knight.
6. Inkling.
7. Bayonetta.
8. Miku.

Sakurai: King K. Rool will be the first character to be added... and let me see what other one can we add.. Ok.. I decided it.. I'm going to choose.. MIKU! 'cause she has BLU HEIR LIKE SANIC.

:troll:
Well, trolling aside guys...Nintendo should be the one controlling the characters who would be making the cuts, I'd assume the director would just make them playable, like the likes of Pac-man, as I'm sure a man saying he didn't want him playable in Brawl would mostly change his mind thanks to Miyamoto/Nintendo/Namco Banda/all. I'd assume who ever makes the highest on the polls would be getting in if they had no issues getting through. Nintendo characters that are first, King K Rool, are more likelier because of the little issues. Since Rayman has content of some kind in Smash, and a 3rd party may be consider from Nintendo, Rayman would have the less trouble.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Ok.. I experimented a weird glitch.. I was"fighting" against Jano, when he jumped to a other platform.. he fell off and suicided.. xD

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ok.. I experimented a weird glitch.. I was"fighting" against Jano, when he jumped to a other platform.. he fell off and suicided.. xD
Oh, I thought I was the only one that got that glitch to happen! xD The first time it happened I was like "...he's going to come out behind me, right...? (several minites later)...any minute now..." and then I decided to restart.

Top Bottom