• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Woah there, how about not? Could you kindly refrain from double posting, let alone triple posting? That's treading into spam.
More posts=more page=more seen thread

k ill stop, I was just intending Raymans moves were all in his games, and the animation. Wouldn't really post more in a row which would result to spam.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
More posts=more page=more seen thread

k ill stop, I was just intending Raymans moves were all in his games, and the animation.myself, I wouldn't really take triple posting seriously for me.
It's kind of against the rules to double post, either edit your previous post or wait for someone else to post. Mod moment.

Though yes, Rayman already has the perfect abilities from his own games, but this can be said about pretty much every character. I've already taken inspiration from across the entire franchise when I worked on the concepts, everything can be found in the OP.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
It's kind of against the rules to double post, either edit your previous post or wait for someone else to post. Mod moment.

Though yes, Rayman already has the perfect abilities from his own games, but this can be said about pretty much every character. I've already taken inspiration from across the entire franchise when I worked on the concepts, everything can be found in the OP.
If only you could delete a post

Also, did you miss putting the animations for Rayman or were they not important? like his idle animation(like Sonic's waving finger), stance animation(like Mario's moving up and down fists), jump animation(a backflip? I feel like it wouldn't really fit Rayman), Roll and shielding, the shielding could be something creative, like Lums around him, protecting him and they would pop once it gets weaker, or something, they are important and fun to add onto characters.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I'm not sure what you mean, what's wrong with it?
im talking about the one in the OP. idk it just doesn't sounds the interesting; I just think it could be better.
I like you already.
<3
I appreciate the input, but I specifically asked for only one from each game. If you could be a bit more specific.
Rayman
Band Land

Rayman 2
The Cave of Bad Dreams

Rayman 3
The Longest Shortcut

Rayman Origins
Gourmand Land

Rayman Legends
Fiesta de los Muertos

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
im talking about the one in the OP. idk it just doesn't sounds the interesting; I just think it could be better.
What parts in particular? The normals? The specials? I pretty much just ripped his attacks from Origins, so there's not much else to do with those. I tried to use as much from Rayman 1, 2, and 3 for his specials, particularly the custom moves. Is it the wording?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've done some more work to the OP, added my updated moveset with customs, the pallet swaps, etc. Please take a look!

I'm doing more work on the stage concept as well, but I'd like to do a sort of quick poll first:

If you had to pick only one area from each game out of these lists, which would it be?

Rayman
The Dream Forest
Band Land
The Blue Mountains
Picture City
The Cave of Skops
Candy Chateau

Rayman 2
The Fairy Glade/Marshes of Awakening
The Cave of Bad Dreams
Sanctuaries (Water and Ice, Stone and Fire, Rock and Lava)
The Precipice
Tomb of the Ancients
The Buccaneer (Prison Ship)

Rayman 3
The Fairy Council
Clearleaf Forest/The Bog of Murk
Land of the Livid Dead
Desert of the Knaaren
The Longest Shortcut
Summit Beyond the Clouds

Rayman Origins
Jibberish Jungle
Desert of Dijridoos
Gourmand Land
Sea of Serendipity
Mystical Pique/Moody Clouds
Land of the Livid Dead

Rayman Legends
Main Gallery
Teensies in Trouble
Toad Story
Fiesta de los Muertos
20,000 Lums Under the Sea
Olympus Maximus
Rayman 1: The Dream Forest
Rayman 2: The Precipice
Rayman 3: Desert of the Knaaren
Rayman Origins: Land of the Livid Dead
Rayman Legends: Fiesta de los Muertos

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For the one track from each game thing, I'd probably pick:

Rayman 1: First Steps
Rayman 2: Main Theme
Rayman 3: Credits Theme (A Remix that makes it longer though)
Rayman Legends: Medieval Dragon

Also I got the Rayman trophy today! I didn't realise when I picked it up, but I was looking at my trophy hoard and spotted him there.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know what'd be cool? You know how the screen KO's the character hits the screen then slides down? What if when Rayman did it, each piece of his body slid down individually? Just a cool little shout out to our limbless hero, just a thought.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
For the one track from each game thing, I'd probably pick:

Rayman 1: First Steps
Rayman 2: Main Theme
Rayman 3: Credits Theme (A Remix that makes it longer though)
Rayman Legends: Medieval Dragon
It was choosing one area from each game, actually. Though I did settle on the idea of merging similar areas instead.

But this is an interesting idea. If you had to chose just three tracks from each game, what would they be?
And which themes would you want remixed, rearranged, or kept original?

My choices:

Rayman
Title Theme (Remixed)
Boss Fight Medley
Magician's Theme (Rearranged)
Rayman 2
Main Theme (Original)
Cave of Bad Dreams (Remixed)
Boss Theme/Henchmen Battles (Rearranged)
Rayman 3
Hoodoo Theme (Rearranged)
FunkyBoard Medley
Reflux/Final Boss (Remixed)
Origins
Main Theme (Remixed)
Moody Clouds (Rearranged)
Land of the Livid Dead Medley
Legends
Medieval Dragon (Original)
When the Wind Blows (Remixed)
Rayman Theme 8 Bit (Rearranged)​

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It was choosing one area from each game, actually. Though I did settle on the idea of merging similar areas instead.

But this is an interesting idea. If you had to chose just three tracks from each game, what would they be?
And which themes would you want remixed, rearranged, or kept original?

My choices:

Rayman
Title Theme (Remixed)
Boss Fight Medley
Magician's Theme (Rearranged)
Rayman 2
Main Theme (Original)
Cave of Bad Dreams (Remixed)
Boss Theme/Henchmen Battles (Rearranged)
Rayman 3
Hoodoo Theme (Rearranged)
FunkyBoard Medley
Reflux/Final Boss (Remixed)
Origins
Main Theme (Remixed)
Moody Clouds (Rearranged)
Land of the Livid Dead Medley
Legends
When the Wind Blows (Remixed)
Rayman Theme 8 Bit (Rearranged)​
Rayman
Band Land (Remix)
Rayman Medley
Magician's Theme (Original)

Rayman 2

The Precipie (Remix) (Imagine this song being remixed by the orchestra who did Kid Icarus Uprising)
Final Boss (Original)
Cave of Bad Dreams (Remix)

Rayman 3

Hoodoo Theme (Remix)
FunkyBoard (Original)
Reflux Boss Fight (Original)
Madder (Original)

Rayman Origins

Tricky Treasure (Remix)
Origins Medley
Land of the Livid Dead (Mix of Nowhere to Run and Chasing a Dream) (Rearranged)

Rayman Legends

Grannies World Tour (Remix)
The Adventure Begins (Original)

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Sign me up as a supporter!
What parts in particular? The normals? The specials? I pretty much just ripped his attacks from Origins, so there's not much else to do with those. I tried to use as much from Rayman 1, 2, and 3 for his specials, particularly the custom moves. Is it the wording?
The normals are fine. Those actually sound p cool.

I'm just not entirely clear on what some of the specials do (like his normal down special - plum drop or what any of his side specials mean). Idk it could just be me.
How would they make his Amiibo with all his floating limbs?
this is an excellent question

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
How would they make his Amiibo with all his floating limbs?
Already gotcha covered.

I'm just not entirely clear on what some of the specials do (like his normal down special - plum drop or what any of his side specials mean). Idk it could just be me.
Think Pac-Man's Fire Hydrant for the Plum Drop, except instead of spitting out water, the plum just bounces around.

The side specials are command grabs (except for Shock Rocket, which is similar to Snake's side special from Brawl). Like how Bowser's side special is a specific grab, Rayman can perform a special grab as well, except with an extreme range.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Already gotcha covered.

Think Pac-Man's Fire Hydrant for the Plum Drop, except instead of spitting out water, the plum just bounces around.

The side specials are command grabs (except for Shock Rocket, which is similar to Snake's side special from Brawl). Like how Bowser's side special is a specific grab, Rayman can perform a special grab as well, except with an extreme range.
Wouldn't the pillar stands that hold Ray's limbs be plastic see-through?

I also agree with Sah, it fits Rayman a little, but not as much for me either, but this is your thread, I wont complain about it.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Wouldn't the pillar stands that hold Ray's limbs be plastic see-through?
They are, and this was just a really quick concept image I cooked up. I'd probably make a better one eventually. Maybe.
I also agree with Sah, it fits Rayman a little, but not as much for me either, but this is your thread, I wont complain about it.
Well I'm completely open to suggestions, this was just my own moveset, of which I tried to use things from the whole series.

Also a bit of news, I have been constantly editing the OP, but now I've done a rather big update!
Check it out for a Massively Musical Section, with links to various tunes. I also finished a new header image as well!

There's also this charming bloke, quite the eccentric he is.

Again, suggestions are great! Everyone should throw in their own ideas, let's make this the best support thread for Rayman fans!

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
They are, and this was just a really quick concept image I cooked up. I'd probably make a better one eventually. Maybe.

Well I'm completely open to suggestions, this was just my own moveset, of which I tried to use things from the whole series.

Also a bit of news, I have been constantly editing the OP, but now I've done a rather big update!
Check it out for a Massively Musical Section, with links to various tunes. I also finished a new header image as well!

Again, suggestions are great! Everyone should throw in their own ideas, let's make this the best support thread for Rayman fans!
If only you could save emoticons on this website other then that im still new and haven't explored the site, not sure if you can save it.

Holy heck, that new header is amazing
now im loving that ring icon for Ray.

EDIT: You should probably add a table of contents, its sometimes hard to find stuff in there.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I'm not even in the supporters list.... Da frak bro?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not even in the supporters list.... Da frak bro?
I could have sworn... Fixed. Sorry, it can get confusing sometimes with large lists.
Holy heck, that new header is amazing
now im loving that ring icon for Ray.

EDIT: You should probably add a table of contents, its sometimes hard to find stuff in there.
Thanks!

And (hopefully) fixed, somewhat. No table of contents, but I did make sure to make the titles of each section as big as possible!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
No one else wants Orchestral Chaos from Legends? It could make for a good remix.
I'm at work so I'll make a list when I get out, though I'm not familiar with Rayman 1 and 3 music honestly.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
No one else wants Orchestral Chaos from Legends? It could make for a good remix.
I'm at work so I'll make a list when I get out, though I'm not familiar with Rayman 1 and 3 music honestly.
I tried to avoid the music levels when I made the list in the OP, since all but Orchestral Chaos are licensed songs.

Didn't seem right to me to only stick one up there without the others.

Also, if you didn't notice, the music list links to various songs, so you can get a taste of Rayman 1 and 3! I selected the songs myself.

D

Deleted member

I was thinking that, for the 3DS version, the stage should be the Dream Forest in its 32-bit design, while the Wii U version would be a transitional stage. If I was gonna do one area per game, they'd be the Dream Forest, the Sancutary of Stone and Fire, the Desert of the Knaaren, Moody Clouds, and Fiesta de los Muertos.

As for the soundtrack:

Rayman:
*First Steps (Original)
*Rayman Boss Medley (Arrangement of the boss themes for Moskito, Mr. Sax, Mr. Stone, Space Mama, and Skops, with Mr. Stone's being the majority)
*Lurking in the Darkness (Original)

Rayman 2:
*Rayman 2 Theme/Hall of Doors (Arrangement)
*The Precipse (Original)
*Sanctuary of Stone and Fire (Arrangement)

Rayman 3:
*FunkyBoard (Remix)
*Reflux Boss Fight (Arrangement)
*The Final Flight (Original)
*Rayman 3 Credits (Original)

Rayman Origins:
*The Darktoon Chase/Tricky Treasure (Arrangement of the Jibberish Jungle's theme along with the Tricky Treasure track)
*Moody Clouds (Arrangement of various themes from that area of the game)
*The Land of the Livid Dead (Original)

Rayman Legends:
*Medieval Dragon (Original)
*Luchador! (Original)
*Grannies World Tour

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
You're already in...
I didn't see myself in, even used the CTRL-F finder.

Nice statistics for Rayman, every thing seems fine, but to me Rayman should be around Falco's height or someone elses, if you go to training with Mario, it seems like Ray would be pretty small on the 3DS version.

About the sketch guy on the first page, he already said this, but instead of his side B, it could just be energy blasts like he said for neutral special, but for his up-b, it should be the helicopter like we all know and said, but it would function like a reflector, reflecting any projectiles, even a 200% certain rat-like aura master's aura sphere, it would also be controlled like Pit's arrows, they are fast to go side to side and up.

But Ray's helicopter can do 2 parts, if you jump and do Up-b, it would automatically go up for a recovery, but if you do it on the ground with no hop or jump, it would reflect projects, the move starts up fast, it can ONLY reflect projectiles, that means any character can go throw the wind like its nothing, and then attack, the lag for Raymans helicopter on the ground would be bad meaning it would be around 1.5 seconds due, but you can keep blowing the wind with the helicopter forever, just a big delay if you stop and characters can grab you, this is to make it fair so you don't run back while they try to get you.

Bowser also shares this same function, he can do a spin on the ground which is his up-b, it stays on the ground but can be a recovery if hop or jumped.

Nice statistics for Rayman, every thing seems fine, but to me Rayman should be around Falco's height or someone elses, if you go to training with Mario, it seems like Ray would be pretty small on the 3DS version.

Reporting my own comment and seeing if I can delete it.

Ill leave this here

Also, I went on another forum and there was a thread that said Ubisoft had no connection to Nintendo at all, and Rayman has no connection liked by Sakurai, I was going to say then why did Sakurai include the 3D characters in the first place? Then I noticed Rayman legends came out last year which is pretty early. Did Sakurai just add the 3D characters that Ubisoft gave them to add to only trophies just because the game was released on Wii U? it then got ruined on the PC, not to mention someone said Ubisoft did something bad on Nintendo, I haven't really been in Nintendo that much back then, so I don't know what Ubisoft did to Nintendo, im still 100% wanting Rayman in, but its a small chance he just might since these people think they have no "connection".

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Think you can add me as a supporter? I'd love Rayman's presence in Super Smash Bros to be given full respect, and while the trophy in itself is amazing, the fact that Rayman appears with his buddies makes him stand out.

(And if I try to make a moveset, you can expect I'll go with something inspired by Rayman 3 - the first Rayman game I ever played. :))

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I tried to avoid the music levels when I made the list in the OP, since all but Orchestral Chaos are licensed songs.

Didn't seem right to me to only stick one up there without the others.

Also, if you didn't notice, the music list links to various songs, so you can get a taste of Rayman 1 and 3! I selected the songs myself.
Not bad. I've been meaning to try out Rayman 3 for myself. Would you recommend the Xbox Live port or will I have to go original (preferably Gamecube)?

On another not, I've brought this up a few times before but what do you guys think if Rayman had the balloon popping death animation when he gets KO'd, like how Megaman does? I'm disappointed no one else does that.

As for his victory theme, how about the Level Complete Disco music from Origins?
It seems more likely.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Not bad. I've been meaning to try out Rayman 3 for myself. Would you recommend the Xbox Live port or will I have to go original (preferably Gamecube)?
I would never recommend XBox anything on anyone, not even my worst enemy. I'd say either GC or PS2.

On another not, I've brought this up a few times before but what do you guys think if Rayman had the balloon popping death animation when he gets KO'd, like how Megaman does? I'm disappointed no one else does that.
It does bother me how Mega Man is the only one with a unique death animation when there are loads of other possibilities. I doubt Rayman would get one, but I'd prefer something similar to Mega Man's, since Rayman would "disintegrate" in Rayman 1 and 2.

As for his victory theme, how about the Level Complete Disco music from Origins?
It seems more likely.
That's the second option after the Rayman 1 Stage Clear jingle.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Do you mind if I put the clickable IMG to this thread in my signature?() Like, making some people on here click it and come here, like advertising, I seen someone have the same thing but with a Fiora mark.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Do you mind if I put the clickable IMG to this thread in my signature?() Like, making some people on here click it and come here, like advertising, I seen someone have the same thing but with a Fiora mark.
Sure, use all three if you like. Though if you want your own image, you just have to insert an image normally, then highlight it and hit "Link" and copy/paste the link. I have "making a signature badge" on my to-do list for the thread as well.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Sure, use all three if you like. Though if you want your own image, you just have to insert an image normally, then highlight it and hit "Link" and copy/paste the link. I have "making a signature badge" on my to-do list for the thread as well.
Thanks! I just felt like it would be copying and trying to impersonate you for some reason.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Thread update!

• New "Histoire de Rayman" section!
  • Layout change.
  • General maintenance.
I wonder where everyone went..

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Thread update!

• New "Histoire de Rayman" section!
  • Layout change.
  • General maintenance.
I wonder where everyone went..
I had the same question when I came back from highschool, no new alerts of anyone posting on here, hopefully more people will notice this since I see a lot of people going to the 3DS and Wii U characters forum.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Add me to the supporters!

EDIT:

Wait, I'm already on?

BWAH!

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Heh, looks like I had the upper hand this time!

Also, bonus quiz-thing time!

Awesome fan points to anyone who can recognize what this pallet is based on!
Yes!!! I've been meaning to bring him up. That's Ed from Tonic Trouble on the N64, yo. Haha I actually played this one as a kid.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I didn't see myself in, even used the CTRL-F finder.

About the sketch guy on the first page, he already said this, but instead of his side B, it could just be energy blasts like he said for neutral special, but for his up-b, it should be the helicopter like we all know and said, but it would function like a reflector, reflecting any projectiles, even a 200% certain rat-like aura master's aura sphere, it would also be controlled like Pit's arrows, they are fast to go side to side and up.

But Ray's helicopter can do 2 parts, if you jump and do Up-b, it would automatically go up for a recovery, but if you do it on the ground with no hop or jump, it would reflect projects, the move starts up fast, it can ONLY reflect projectiles, that means any character can go throw the wind like its nothing, and then attack, the lag for Raymans helicopter on the ground would be bad meaning it would be around 1.5 seconds due, but you can keep blowing the wind with the helicopter forever, just a big delay if you stop and characters can grab you, this is to make it fair so you don't run back while they try to get you.

Bowser also shares this same function, he can do a spin on the ground which is his up-b, it stays on the ground but can be a recovery if hop or jumped.

Reporting my own comment and seeing if I can delete it.

Ill leave this here

Also, I went on another forum and there was a thread that said Ubisoft had no connection to Nintendo at all, and Rayman has no connection liked by Sakurai, I was going to say then why did Sakurai include the 3D characters in the first place? Then I noticed Rayman legends came out last year which is pretty early. Did Sakurai just add the 3D characters that Ubisoft gave them to add to only trophies just because the game was released on Wii U? it then got ruined on the PC, not to mention someone said Ubisoft did something bad on Nintendo, I haven't really been in Nintendo that much back then, so I don't know what Ubisoft did to Nintendo, im still 100% wanting Rayman in, but its a small chance he just might since these people think they have no "connection".
Sketch Guy? Do you mean me? I'm not sure I understand.

Anyway, I agree on you about the height. I can see the original Rayman matching Mario's height, but I see the current Rayman being at least as tall as Luigi and his hair making his height close to Falco's at most.

Top Bottom