• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Was that interview with Ancel before or after the Mario costumes for the Wii U Rayman Legends were revealed? Either way that video is very interesting...THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Can we have both Snake and Rayman without overloading the game with 3rd Party Characters?
Personally I think 5 should be the limit, anything more is just too much. IDK if they'll stay at 3 or bring Snake back, but with the roster most likely stopping at 50, having at most 1/10th of the fighters be 3rd Party is reasonable.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Alright, that Nintendo of Canada video...
Is crazy. This is apparently a big-wig, involved in partnerships. Mega-Man is in the demo, he was talking about non-demo characters, I doubt he slipped to mention him.
This doesn't mean Rayman is on-disc, at this late stage in development, they are probably already figuring out DLC. But it is great news none the less.
Well, that would explain the anomaly of a 3rd Party Trophy if he is DLC. Just a little hint/teaser of things to come.

Also, Ubisoft has a large presence in Canada does it not?
/conspiracies

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, that would explain the anomaly of a 3rd Party Trophy if he is DLC. Just a little hint/teaser of things to come.

Also, Ubisoft has a large presence in Canada does it not?
/conspiracies
I'm pretty sure some of the Rabbids games were developed in Quebec, notably Rabbids 2 and TV Party.
As for Rayman games, I'm not quite sure.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I'm not really sure if he's getting in this time around. If only for the fact it seems weird he'd be shown off as a trophy before being shown as a full-blown character. That doesn't seem right for a third party fighter.

But I should also say that I'm not too opposed to his inclusion into the series either. He seems like a decent choice on his own. Though, I'm still holding out that Snake will make it back.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I'm in. I'm not supporting Ubisoft, I'm supporting Rayman as a series. He fits perfectly! Especially when you consider how much love went into his last game. That is indeed rare.

Last edited:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Here's a question: Was that supposed leak video shown live anywhere? If it was uploaded post-recording, there's no way that was an actual leak, because the guy would have realized what he had mistakenly said immediately and made sure the footage never went public. But if he simply misspoke, or didn't mean that Rayman was going to be playable, it's more plausible that he never really noticed he'd even said it at all, or just didn't think anything of it.
There's always the chance that he didn't actually know that Rayman wasn't revealed yet, assuming he's in the game. Maybe he thought Sakurai's trophy reveal was also a character reveal.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
"Rayman and a whole lot more"
If this implies that Snake is coming back I'm throwing my 3Ds cartridge to the wall and impaling it with a spear.
Still, I like Rayman and now that he's apparently in, I hope his N-Special is his magic ball thing. And helicopter hair 'n' stuff.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I dunno if anyone noticed, so I wanna go ahead and point this out. Does anyone noticed Rayman's shoe colors are different in the two trophies?

If he is playable, I'll be excited to see him make it. Would make something interesting to bring to Smash for sure!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm on the Rayman in Smash train as well.

When the Rayman trophy was revealed on the same day as the Lucina/Robin reveal trailer, the Rayman trophy was much more surprising to me than the reveal trailer (heck, it's probably the most eye-opening Pic of the Day Sakurai has EVER posted to me).

I thought the Rayman info would've stopped right there but it didn't (glad it didn't as it would slowly kill me begging for more info on Rayman) as well as adding multiple servings of fuel to the fire of his chances in.

And I'm a believer that Matt Ryan did NOT mean something else by accident, especially for the fact his job at Nintendo of Canada is Communications, Marketing, and Partnerships.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Hi everyone on this thread. Look this way ;

So no more information on Rayman since the trophy reveal, right ?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hi everyone on this thread. Look this way ;

So no more information on Rayman since the trophy reveal, right ?
That's a little biased and harsh I must say. Believe what you want believe but firing shots at others seem a little unprofessional.

EDIT: I misunderstood what was going on. I'm dum!

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
That's a little biased and harsh I must say. Believe what you want believe but firing shots at others seem a little unprofessional.
Well he did reveal one of the newcomers (that's what I think he did, tho he could have meant Mega-Man)). Except making everyone forget that accident, there is no issue for him. I mean, sure he was wrong saying Kirby's hammer was an item. But you don't simply name a third party rep as a newcomer without correcting yourself... assuming Rayman is not playable. You must at least know this little.
If he is indeed playable, well surprise broken in a way... but does it mean we could get a video ?
Would be awesome.

(Dunno if you played along but in case you thought it was offensive, on the picture it's not a weapon but a memory erazer from MIB. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding)

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I don't even think the Nintendo of Canada guy mumbling Rayman counts as a "spoiler". And if its true, they are just gonna play dumb until its the time to announce him.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I support Rayman cause he's one of the few platformers I played when I was younger.

Also, these song:

Peaceful
Beautiful
Hype :awesome:

Slight typo in the OP, it's the Hoodoo theme.

Last edited:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Well is it so hard to get an official response from Sakurai about the leak? Someone go tell him what happened and see what he says.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Well is it so hard to get an official response from Sakurai about the leak? Someone go tell him what happened and see what he says.
He can't say anything, if the leak is real, there goes a reveal down the drain. if not, there goes some hype.
Also sign me up for ray man. I got far too much playtime in Ray man 3.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm so utterly confused. Was his post edited? Because all I see is you not understanding a joke. Or you pulled off an amazing anti-joke.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm so utterly confused. Was his post edited? Because all I see is you not understanding a joke. Or you pulled off an amazing anti-joke.
I must have misunderstood the joke. Sorry. I was a little sleepy when I posted that.

Also, I see some say that Matt Ryan doesn't have any credibility since he's from Nintendo of Canada. But fun fact: he was one of the Nintendo reps at the Nintendo booth back at E3 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwV4CJeNIf0 (Note: nothing Rayman related in the video to the left).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So many new supporters flying in, welcome to the Buccaneer Glade of Dreams! Added everyone to the prison ship support list.

Just reaffirming a point, when he spoke the name "Rayman," he was talking about characters that hadn't been revealed yet. Both Mega Man and Pac-Man were revealed prior, and Mega Man was blatantly on the character select screen. Unless he meant to say Bomberman, then a tongue slip is highly unlikely. He's also played later builds of the game, containing unrevealed characters.

Thing to note: Mega, Pac, and Bomber sound nothing like Ray.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
JamesDNaux did you add me to the support list. I'm also seeing a lot of Rayman hate on different sites

EDIT: guys the Mario & Luigi costumes were shown in the August Nintendo Direct 2013, So do you think Ancel was talking about that? What is UbiArt?

Last edited:

U.N.Owen

Smash Cadet
Two days ago, I bought and played Rayman 3 for the first time.
Yesterday, Matt Ryan unleash the Rayman Hype Train.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT

You can add me on the support list. It was about time France got some representation, Cocorico ************.

A reveal trailer on a August Direct with veteran Snake can give some fuel to the Hype Train.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
JamesDNaux did you add me to the support list. I'm also seeing a lot of Rayman hate on different sites

EDIT: guys the Mario & Luigi costumes were shown in the August Nintendo Direct 2013, So do you think Ancel was talking about that? What is UbiArt?
Huh, must have missed you, you're on there now. The Rayman hate really is depressing..

I don't think Ancel was talking about that, he was asked if Rayman could beat Mario, not if he could wear a Mario costume.

UbiArt Framework is a special engine that was created by Ancel's team and it's the one they used to make Rayman Origins and Legends. Everything in the games is hand-drawn artwork, from the backgrounds to the characters, the engine allows them to animate characters, etc. They originally planned to release it as a free to use engine, but it seems the higher ups at Ubi stopped it.
Two days ago, I bought and played Rayman 3 for the first time.
You can add me on the support list. It was about time France got some representation, Cocorico mother****er.

A reveal trailer on a August Direct with veteran Snake can give some fuel to the Hype Train.
Added you to the list. I do hope Rayman 3 isn't your first Rayman game, it's a good game but it's not the best of the series.

Rayman and Snake together is pretty hype inducing... Now I want to think of the Codec possibilities.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux can you give me a link to Ancel wanting rayman in smash?
I'd have to dig it up, it was a while back. I think it may have been a video interview.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You know, it'll be so, so satisfying if Rayman actually is playable. Them haters in that there graveyard thread.

With all the evidence piling up, it'd be incredibly disappointing if he isn't playable... We'll know soon... Soon.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of a really fun 3rd party trailer.
It zooms in on Mario, Pikachu, Samus, Link and Kirby, standing back to back in a circular kinda way, and they're frightened. The circle the camera around to show Mega Man, then Pac-Man, then Sonic, BAM! Then Snake (kept ya waiting?), then BAM! Ray-Man! (Does something special), then in between Ray-Man and Mega Man is BAM! Bayonetta (says something Bayonetta-like). Then it zooms out and all the 3rd parties all run in and attack Nintendo'a finest, and a giant brawl starts and it's so action-packed and amazing and HYPE!
This happens in a desert with tumbleweeds by the way.

So yeah, Ray-Man!! ^_^

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I just thought of a really fun 3rd party trailer.
It zooms in on Mario, Pikachu, Samus, Link and Kirby, standing back to back in a circular kinda way, and they're frightened. The circle the camera around to show Mega Man, then Pac-Man, then Sonic, BAM! Then Snake (kept ya waiting?), then BAM! Ray-Man! (Does something special), then in between Ray-Man and Mega Man is BAM! Bayonetta (says something Bayonetta-like). Then it zooms out and all the 3rd parties all run in and attack Nintendo'a finest, and a giant brawl starts and it's so action-packed and amazing and HYPE!
This happens in a desert with tumbleweeds by the way.

So yeah, Ray-Man!! ^_^
Oh... you just won the internet.

Morbi

Scavenger
So many new supporters flying in, welcome to the Buccaneer Glade of Dreams! Added everyone to the prison ship support list.

Just reaffirming a point, when he spoke the name "Rayman," he was talking about characters that hadn't been revealed yet. Both Mega Man and Pac-Man were revealed prior, and Mega Man was blatantly on the character select screen. Unless he meant to say Bomberman, then a tongue slip is highly unlikely. He's also played later builds of the game, containing unrevealed characters.

Thing to note: Mega, Pac, and Bomber sound nothing like Ray.
Honestly, I am conflicted... something is off with Rayman, perhaps you should put me on the prison ship/supporters list. I was always skeptical as everyone blatantly disregards his chances, they always assert that he is not worthy over other third-party characters... but I disagree. I have not formed an evaluated opinion on him other than he is quite literally not confirmed as non-playable.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If DHD, Ridley and Rayman are all playable in this game...
I don't know how I would react anymore.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Upon hearing of this 'leak'/'slip of the tongue', I'm baffled. Whether Rayman is in the game or not, it's just so confusing!
0_0
o_0
It was confusing enough with all the hype for the newcomer trailer on the 14th/15th, it was "Shulk!" "Chrom!" "Ridley!" "Someone random!" We all expected something, then Sakurai does what he does best: baffle everyone's minds with a picture of Rayman's Trophy. I even confused my sister with a picture from my phone, (I only captured Rayman's body, not his feet. That's what Sakurai should have done!)

In the end, we got Robin and Lucina, along with Captain Falcon! :)
But the situation with Rayman is still unresolved. And the oddity with Rayman's right eye based on the Ubisoft pic and Sakurai's pic is clearly noticeable... Whether Ubisoft's pic was the model they sent to Sakurai was the original and Sakurai edited it, or if it's an alternate trophy, I don't know.

Regardless, I'm in full support for Rayman in Super Smash Bros, and even if he doesn't make it into the game, his trophy has solidified his presence in the Smash universe, hopefully for the next Smash Bros! :)

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
This has probably been discussed, but is it me or is the second Trophy lower poly than the first? I see alot more straight lines, especially in the hair...

It could just be angles, but it looks like the second would be the playable model if he's in...

U.N.Owen

Smash Cadet
What about 3rd party AT ? Technically, Rayman could still kick Mario's ass as a AT.

They will probably be like Nintendo AT, characters that could have been playable but eeeeeeeeh no.

Still hoping for playable Rayman thought.

Top Bottom