• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rating charachters final smashes

Nemosrevenge

Smash Rookie
As we all know every character has a unique (except fox,falco, wolf, and/or ness, lucas) Final smash ability. If you could rate all final smashes individually out of 10 then go right ahead.
and in my opinion this has no order i just am remembering characters as i go on and if there is nothing besides the name of the character then i forget tha name of the Final Smash

Marth: 6 really cool but if you miss your screwed

Meta-Knight=Galaxia Darkness: 7 this looks so awesome and his voice is good but the short range got annoying playing on a large stage

Bowser=Giga Bowser: 7 very nice idea instead of a clown car flying and shoooting people

Peach: 4 wow, just wow, it does no damage! but the opponents do sleep for a while and you can hit them with stuff. the peaches were a nice touch.

Mario : 8 who does not like huge fireballs, honestly

Samus=Zero Lazer: 8 ok im a sucker for huge lazer beams and this is a shoop da woop shoe in.

Zamus=Power Suit: 6 it could have been better but if you think about it what if you werent able to turn back into normal Samus if you wont when your KO'd

Captain Falcon=Blue Falcon: 7 Very cool but i will miss his Japanese saying Bluuuue Falcon!

Ness=PK Storm: 8 great for watching the people run around trying not to get owned by huge balls of blue fire.

Lucas=PK Starstorm: 9 Although its the same as ness's it gets the extra point from the fact that it can actually can juggle opponents better when there hit into another star.

Luigi=Negative Zone: 8 I cant get enough of His dancing and watching other kids struggle to actually keep from saying What the F***?!

Ike=Final Aether: 10 This is the defenition of badass right here. He looks so cool throwing people in the air and mauling them and smashing them in thr ground. and he fights for his friends!
(im combining Fox, Falco, and Wolf cus there the same)=Landamastaaaaah: 8 great idea but its so big its kindof hard to control and shoot people.

(im also combining Link and Toon Link)=Triforce Slash: 7 Really col but after seeing it like 20 times your like "k.....he hits him ad stuff." It gets boring after a while.

Ganondorf=Beast Ganon: 9 Great idea it looks great and its not going to get boring 4 a while because its so quick.

Lucario=Aura Storm: 9 This is so cool and im glad they did not pull a stupid and allow you to control it.

Jigglypuff=Really BAD: 3 What the crap is this!?! he/she gets bigger!? and it does no damage! Really blew it with this one.

Wario=Wario Man: 7 What? no giant fart? and after the preview with the giant fart? *sigh* ok then. Its not all bad i mean its cool and he is really strong.

Zelda/Shiek=Light Arrow: 8 Very cool and a great idea. its gets a plus from the watching the characters getting hit in freezeframe form.

R.O.B.: 6 ok. its a lazer. from his eyes. Nothing special but it would have been cooler if you transformed into that robot with the bombs and dropped one giving the players two minutes to hide or get invulnerability.

Mr. Game & Watch=Tentacles: 7really nice idea, good idea that you have to press buttons to make the tentacles move.

Donkey Kong=Bongos: 7 Ok i loved Junglebeat and the fact that you get to press buttons in rythem with the song is very creative.

Diddy Kong=Jet Pack: 5 Not creative at all. It looks nice and all but its not original in the least.

Sonic=Super Sonic: 9 Of course this was goig to be his final smash. Im not a huge sonic fan but its fun to juggle people.

Kirby=Cook: 8 I would have prefered if he turned into a random kirby power form one of his game liek Fire or Fighter Kirby but this will do and the items are a nice touch.

King DeDeDe=Waddle Dee Army: 4 what in the world is this. It could have been a Huge Hammer thing but he throws items and dances too.

Pikachu=Volt Tackle: 8 Very cool but so hard to control.

Yoshi=Super Dragon: 9 This Final Smah sis so amazingly awesome How can you not like dragons. and when There in Brawl! too cool with the fireballs and wings.

Pit=Palatenas Army: 8 almost the same thing as DeDeDe's but still very nice

Snake=Grenade Launcher: 7 Its cool and all but its kindof hard to hit people

Ice Climbers=Glacier: 7 Its ok and there is nothing really to say about it

Olimar=End of Day: 8 I loved the Pikmin games and this is just a great idea.

Pokemon Trainer: 9 Very cool, looks great and the text at the bottom is phenomenal

Well thos are my opinions for all the Final Smashes. feel free to Post your opinions

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Pretty much all of them aren't that good, wit the exception of the One hit KO attacks.

And also, these can't really be decided. It depends if you're good with the character's final smash or not. Such as, I'm a Snake player, so I've practiced with his Final Smash. Now, in a 4v4 match, I can usually score 2-3 kills. However, most people I've seen can hardly get one.

ReploidArmada

Smash Rookie
Well, let's see here. Peach Blossom is really good for edgeguarding and so-so at most other times. PK Starstorm is really hard to dodge and will most likely knock off those with high damage, but are worse on the larger stages. The Landmasters are better on larger stages, like Bridge o' Eldin and New Pork City. Line-based FSs like Light Arrow, Triforce Slash, Triple Finish, etc. are better on flat stages, like BoE and FD. I could go over all the others, but I don't want to.

Suffice to say that each FS has its own niche. Also, to paraphrase SkylerOcon, practice using a FS can only be good for you.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
As we all know every character has a unique (except fox,falco, wolf, and/or ness, lucas) Final smash ability. If you could rate all final smashes individually out of 10 then go right ahead.
and in my opinion this has no order i just am remembering characters as i go on and if there is nothing besides the name of the character then i forget tha name of the Final Smash

Meta-Knight=Galaxia Darkness: 7 this looks so awesome and his voice is good but the short range got annoying playing on a large stage

Bowser=Giga Bowser: 7 very nice idea instead of a clown car flying and shoooting people

Peach: 4 wow, just wow, it does no damage! but the opponents do sleep for a while and you can hit them with stuff. the peaches were a nice touch.

Samus=Zero Lazer: 8 ok im a sucker for huge lazer beams and this is a shoop da woop shoe in.

Zamus=Power Suit: 6 it could have been better but if you think about it what if you werent able to turn back into normal Samus if you wont when your KO'd

Captain Falcon=Blue Falcon: 7 Very cool but i will miss his Japanese saying Bluuuue Falcon!

Ness=PK Storm: 8 great for watching the people run around trying not to get owned by huge balls of blue fire.

Lucas=PK Starstorm: 9 Although its the same as ness's it gets the extra point from the fact that it can actually can juggle opponents better when there hit into another star.

Luigi=Negative Zone: 8 I cant get enough of His dancing and watching other kids struggle to actually keep from saying What the F***?!

Ike=Final Aether: 10 This is the defenition of badass right here. He looks so cool throwing people in the air and mauling them and smashing them in thr ground. and he fights for his friends!
(im combining Fox, Falco, and Wolf cus there the same)=Landamastaaaaah: 8 great idea but its so big its kindof hard to control and shoot people.

(im also combining Link and Toon Link)=Triforce Slash: 7 Really col but after seeing it like 20 times your like "k.....he hits him ad stuff." It gets boring after a while.

Ganondorf=Beast Ganon: 9 Great idea it looks great and its not going to get boring 4 a while because its so quick.

Lucario=Aura Storm: 9 This is so cool and im glad they did not pull a stupid and allow you to control it.

Jigglypuff=Really BAD: 3 What the crap is this!?! he/she gets bigger!? and it does no damage! Really blew it with this one.

Wario=Wario Man: 7 What? no giant fart? and after the preview with the giant fart? *sigh* ok then. Its not all bad i mean its cool and he is really strong.

Zelda/Shiek=Light Arrow: 8 Very cool and a great idea. its gets a plus from the watching the characters getting hit in freezeframe form.

R.O.B.: 6 ok. its a lazer. from his eyes. Nothing special but it would have been cooler if you transformed into that robot with the bombs and dropped one giving the players two minutes to hide or get invulnerability.

Mr. Game & Watch=Tentacles: 7really nice idea, good idea that you have to press buttons to make the tentacles move.

Donkey Kong=Bongos: 7 Ok i loved Junglebeat and the fact that you get to press buttons in rythem with the song is very creative.

Diddy Kong=Jet Pack: 5 Not creative at all. It looks nice and all but its not original in the least.

Sonic=Super Sonic: 9 Of course this was goig to be his final smash. Im not a huge sonic fan but its fun to juggle people.

Kirby=Cook: 8 I would have prefered if he turned into a random kirby power form one of his game liek Fire or Fighter Kirby but this will do and the items are a nice touch.

King DeDeDe=Waddle Dee Army: 4 what in the world is this. It could have been a Huge Hammer thing but he throws items and dances too.

Yoshi=Super Dragon: 9 This Final Smah sis so amazingly awesome How can you not like dragons. and when There in Brawl! too cool with the fireballs and wings.

Pokemon Trainer: 9 Very cool, looks great and the text at the bottom is phenomenal

Well thos are my opinions for all the Final Smashes. feel free to Post your opinions
I would just like to point out that Peach's FS does do damage :)....But I kinda agree on everything else...

Enzario

Smash Rookie
Wario's FS? 10 points, if you know how to use it. He becomes WoP plus some!

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I should point out that you don't die with Marth's Final Smash if you use it on the floor,

or if your FAR away from the border of the map since he doesn't keep going forever.

Oh and Fox's, Falco's and Wolf's Final Smash are not the same totally,

Fox's is Basic Landmaster.
Falco's has higher flying speeds. (less attack power?)
Wolf's has the fastest speed and attack, but stays on screen the least.

And Ratings.

Fox's 6
Falco's 6
Wolf's 10 (If your fast enough with the first kill with the landmaster when they respawn and even if they stay at the respawn point you still got time to star ko them.)

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
i think marths is the best. its really long range, can get multiple people, and is an instant KO....or at least i think it is. ive never seen it not. plus it looks cool.

Exovel

Smash Ace
DK's, Ganon's, and Jiggly's are certainly the most disappointing to me. Even though I knew DK would get some kind of Jungle Beat one. DDD's and Pit's can be great or terrible depending on the game. PT and Luigi have my favorites by far.

bronxboi87

Smash Cadet
"Mario : 8 who does not like huge fireballs, honestly"

LMAO... tru that

but y did u say pit's is the same as dedede's yet u give dedede's a 4 and pit's an 8... huge difference

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
final smashes are terrible, the exception is marth, and Sonic, and luigi, and pikachu, landmasters are also decent moves that get honerable mention samus and mario though samus's is crap cuz u get stuck as ZSS and if u don't like her its bad. all the others are epic fail, especially D3 and the Earthbound Brothahs.

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
4 for Dedede's and a 9 for Lucario's? Lucario's Final Smash is stupidly easy to dodge.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I give Ganondorf's an 8 since it's nearly impossible to avoid on small or simple stages (like Final Destination). Limited usage on the large stages keeps it from a 9.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Mario? 8?
His is easily the most avoidable.

Also, light arrows is extremely easy to avoid, and is not guaranteed a KO. It's not that good. It can KO multiple people, but smart players can dodge it with no effort.

Ganon's is the best in my mind. It can KO multiple opponents, you're almost guaranteed a KO, and Ganon can't self destruct from it.

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
Here are my opinions on a bunch, but not all, of the Final smashes. If it's "tl;dr" then oh well. No ratings, I mostly used Objective facts with the occasional "but it is awesome/fun".

I honestly gotta say Sonic's is the best. I've never seen anyone not get a KO with it unless it's like a box level. It can KO 3 people a lot of the time and it requires NO SET UP. You can just activate it instantly.

Giving a shout out to Marth, who can combo into the FS and is always a One hit KO. Only downside is it can't always get more than one person if they spread out, and requires a set-up, which can risk a loss of the smash ball if you're not the best fighter.

Another honorable mention to Luigi. If anyone is caught in the zone, there's like a 75% chance that they'll be stunned before they can get out, and then it's usually a one hit KO with his Super jump punch, and increased knock back. Also, on small stages, it will cover the entire area, making it pretty much impossible to avoid, and making it possible for a triple KO. Sometimes, when an opponent tries to jump out of the zone, they can begin a tumble, and if they fall off the stage, it means instant doom. One negative is that sometimes opponents can snap out of stunned positions and get away in time before you finish dancing.

Bowser's seems a little overrated to me, unless I'm just not using it right. It is super awesome, though. Large stage+ projectiles = damage to Giga bowser, which is kind of a bummer. Although I do find him pretty good on small stages, and he does get the bonus of no set-up activation.

I find Samus' FS to be very fun, but easily avoidable by good jumpers. If it hits, it usually always seems to drag enemies right off screen.

The land masters and the Octopus are all pretty good. Especially Wolf's as his seems to be AMAZINGLY powerful in comparison to the others. Maybe it's just because I've used Wolf's more, but I find his speed and power result in more KOs even with the shorter screen time. G&W has good screen time and can out put lots of damage. His downside is the slowness. A character like Sonic doesn't seem to have much trouble avoiding it on larger stages.

Pikachu's seems really good, but I haven't used it much. It seemed hard to control, but the CPU owns with it.

Ganon's seems really good, but I haven't been on the receiving end of it very much at all, as Ganondorf's never seem to get the smash ball. I'm not sure how easy it is to dodge, but it does have stun capabilities.

Ik'e and the Links both have very damaging FSes. Although both have a set up required, Ike's seems to have a wider hit box, while the Links have slighty longer range. Both are usually a One hit KO at about 40% and up. Ike can catch multiple people in his FS, while the Link's can damage other people if they get to close. All in all, they're pretty good, but I find them kinda easy to dodge. I never tried doing combos into them, so maybe that can improve them.

I find I'm able to dodge PK Starstorm about half the time, which isn't very good for them. Definately better for FFAs, and luckily they can be instantly activated.

Mario's seems super easy to dodge. I don't think I've ever been hit by it. It doesn't even have any stun properties either, does it?

Captain Falcon's seems somewhat easy to avoid. Might be combo-able, it has good power, and usually KOs at about 40%, but it's damage outpout isn't so great if it doesn't KO.

The other Captain (Olimar) has a fairly good and bad FS. In FFAs, it does damage to every player, automatically, unless they have some really good jumps. It usually won't KO, however, unless you use it right near an enemy to stun them at the center of the level and land on them.

Snake's FS seems horrendously easy to dodge, but I hope I'm just missing something. Time you're airdodges, and the delay between the 'pop' and 'boom' will be Snake's downfall.

Yoshi's is fun to me, but I find it a little awkward to control. I'd say it's Okay, with decent but not great power, and not bad screen time(I think). With practice, it's probably a little better than I'm thinking.

PK Trainer is fairly easy to dodge, but I actually find the smaller screen view to be and annoyance. Sometimes I'll misjudge a landing and either land in the death beam or off the stage :( I'd say it's about on par with Samus, in it's own way.

DK's is pretty good if you time the button presses. Can cover a lot of small stages and cause lots of damage in those cases. Not much experience with this thing.

Jiggs is probably really good on smallish stages, but that's about it. Not much experience with this one either.

For the Ice Climbers, it's the same as above. Good on small stages, not so much on large ones. Also not too much experience with this one.

Wario's seems like it has very good potential if you get good at controlling it. I haven't used it much, but invincibility + speed + more screen time than most other FSes= pretty good final smash.

Lucario's FS, I need to test a little more. Good jumpers can usually dodge this pretty easy, however I think(I need to check this) that Lucario's FS moves FASTER on larger stages (as if it was proportionate). This would mean that it's better on larger stages, as the enemies need to cover more ground to get to the sides.

Diddy Kong has a pretty interesting one, but I find it really easy to dodge with fast characters and good jumpers. I literally have never used this myself, so I may be wrong about it's effectiveness. It does seem to have some good power.

I don't like Peach's very much. She doesn't have time to eat all the peaches, and only gets on fully charged smash on an enemy at most. And then they can eat the peaches for themselves! In an FFA, Peach will most likely only get to hit one enemy, or else all her peaches will be eaten by others.

Zelda/Shiek's FS has great power. Possibly second most power, next to Marth. Seems comboable, and goes through opponents, allowing for multiple KOs.

ROB's FS isn't too bad. He becomes invincible and causes pretty good damage on anyone he focuses on. Not as great in FFAs, as he can only focus on one character at a time, but very good in one on ones.

Kirby's only really good against noobs, to be honest. I find it dodge-able about 75% of the time, and even then, if you're not at high percents then you can use the items he spawns, and possibly even recover all the damage he did to you. In FFA, you're at least bound to catch someone off guard if they get attacked or something.

Metaknights has the interesting property of damaging everyone on screen (except it also hurts team mates, in team battles >:( why???) if you connect with it. It has a fairly wide hit box, but can be dodged. Possibly combo-able. It's not as good in one on ones, as it only does about 30 or 40 damage(I can't quite remember) and only KO's at like 50%.

Dedede's is usually not too great. a character who continuously stays in the air will only get hit a few times, but if they get Gordo'd it can add up damage quick, or even KO. If a character gets caught on the ground, they can get dragged right off stage.

That's all of them, unless I'm mistaken.

Mario Ph.D

Smash Rookie
Diddy Kong has a pretty interesting one, but I find it really easy to dodge with fast characters and good jumpers. I literally have never used this myself, so I may be wrong about it's effectiveness. It does seem to have some good power.
Diddy's is really good for 4 player matches. You can consistently kill at least 2 of the 3 opponents if you know how to control it. Of course this is dependent upon their damage. But if you can learn to sweep back and forth covering the stage, while constantly firing peanuts, it makes it difficult for people to dodge. It also has good power, like you said.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
I'm only going to rate the ones I have some experience with.

Ganondorf: 9/10. It has a huge vertical range and it's pretty much an instant kill if you get hit with it.

Ike: 8/10. Very damaging and cool looking, but you have to hit with that initial slash. Although the initial slash has longer range than you might think.

Link: 8/10. Also very damaging and cool looking, and that beam isn't too hard to hit with.

Toon Link: 6/10. Same as Link's except far less range on the beam, which hurts the score.

Mario: 5/10. It's really only effective if you catch someone with it the right way, otherwise they can DI out of it and take little damage.

Marth: 10/10. What's not to love? Instant KO from 0%, amazingly fast and can hit multiple enemies.

Pikachu: 9/10. Huge damage potential but it can be hard to control, even moreso to KO with. But the spark helps.

Pokemon Trainer: 8/10. Pretty wide range, but you have to be fairly close to your enemy for it to have its greatest effect.

Snake: 8/10. The grenades have a fairly big range so they can be hard to dodge.

Sonic: 10/10. If you can't kill anyone with Sonic's FS, you should quit Smash forever.

Zelda/Shiek: 9/10. Infinite horizontal range, and it can hit multiple enemies. Plus it's strong and comes out immediately (after she draws the bow).

Just my two cents.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Ness / Lucas final smash ftw. I just can't seem to dodge those meteorites (?).
Just go to the very outskirt of the stage, as if you were trying to walk off the stage. This works on stages like Bridge of Eldin. On other stages (like Smashville or Battlefield)...well, if you aint Kirby or Pit (or a character with multi jumps that can stay in the air and hover near the outskirt of the stage), then you better roll dodge.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice

dude! kind dedede's and jigglypuff's deserve a higher score. so does peach.

king dedede's is good and hard to dodge-and the laughing at the end really gets me! and as for jigglypuff, hers DOES do damage. it also pushes ppl off the stage, making them fall and die. and, if oppenents are close enough to jigglypuff when shes finished blowing up really big, you DO get hurt and most of the times u get KOd. and i should know- ive played jigglypuff a couple of times (only because i was trying to show ppl the jigglypuff glitch). and whenever i did the final smash with jigglypuff i ALWAYS killed several ppl. and peaches does damage too. and WTH kirbys FS OWNS! king dedede's deserves more like a 7, jigglypuff's deserves an 8, peache's deserves a 7, and kirby's deserves a 10000000000 >:-(

so basicly, if u get pushed off of the stage by jigglypuff, your pretty much screwd- because if u get to close to her while trying to recover (wich its physically impossible not to in order to get back) then you'll die because of the KO she gives out when shes done blowing up big

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Here's a rating on an A-F scale.

Marth: C+: Hard to hit a good player with this one but if you do its pretty much an instant KO.

Meta-Knight- C: Not that hard to hit but still avoidable. Not a one hit KO so you have to wait until your opponent is at mid damages to use it giving them time to knock it away.

Bowser- B: Fairly easy to get a KO off of this one but a crafty opponent can avoid you for the duration.

Peach- C+: Only Final Smash (I think) that guarantees damage. Gives you a chance to heal and if your opponent is at a high enough damage after the 40% it deals you have enough time for a fully charged smash.

Mario- C-: Not too hard to avoid and even if you hit it may not KO or do too much damage.

Samus- B-: Fairly easy to connect with against most opponents. Almost guaranteed KO if you hit it. Starts you off with ZSS and very useful armor pieces. It only gets a B- because it forces you to switch (good if you like ZSS bad if you don't) and you only have access to it 1/2 of the time.

Zamus- C: You can hit with this reasonably easily but it won't KO till high percentages. Also forces you to switch although you can get back to ZSS with the taunting trick. Still annoying for a ZSS main.

Captain Falcon- B-: One hit KO is always good. A little hard to connect with though.

Ness=PK Storm- D: Really not very hard to dodge. And unless you're at a pretty high % the meteors won't knock you out. Most of the time I get by this one without a scratch.

Lucas= See Ness.

Luigi= B+: Easy to connect with but slightly luck based. Most likely a one hit KO though.

Ike=B: Reasonably easy to hit with but can be dodged by a good opponent. Pretty much instant KO if it hits.

Landmasters= B+: Very hard to not get KOed with this even if you're very good.

Triforce Slash- B: Relatively easy to hit considering its power.

Ganondorf= B+ Pretty easy to hit and a one hit KO. The one good thing Gdorf has.

Lucario= C- Reasonably easy to avoid. You can airdodge through it if you time it right, jump over it with many characters, rock through it with Kirby etc. Even when you hit with it it won't KO easily unless Lucario is at high damage.

Jigglypuff= Hard to rate. If you do it on a stage like Flat Zone or Wario Ware you cover nearly the whole screen for a nearly guranteed KO. Conversely its useless on Hyrule Temple. On FD and similar stages it makes a good edgeguard. Overall a C. Would've been great if it lasted longer.

Wario= B. Very strong, fast and invincible. You should be able to get a KO off of this one.

Zelda/Shiek= B-: Hard to hit with but a one hit KO. Don't use it as a projectile try to get right up in their face and it should stun them.

R.O.B.: D+: Pretty hard to hit with. Rob isn't that fast so most characters can just stay away for the duration.

Mr. Game & Watch= B: Slow moving and can't pursue off edges well but pretty long lasting and pretty strong.

Donkey Kong= B: Once you get the rhythm down its hard for an opponent to avoid it completely. If you use it at the right spot its lethal.

Diddy Kong= C+ If you get good at using it its easy to get a good deal of damage. Still not that lethal though.

Sonic= A: Pretty much a guaranteed KO. Its pretty much impossible to avoid the whole duration of this move.

Kirby= C: Can be dodged away from without too much trouble. Doesn't KO until high percentages. Items are always good though.

King DeDeDe= C- :Not too hard to avoid and low KO potential unless you get a few Gordos.

Pikachu= B: Once you learn to control it you should be able to score a KO.

Yoshi=B+: Easy to KO with. Would be better if you can control the fire breath.

Pit= C+: Like Dedede's but Ike can move during this. Still not too hard to avoid most or all of it.

Snake= B: Takes some skill but once you get it down it isn't too hard.

Ice Climbers= C: Mediocre. Does damage almost no matter what but it can be hard to get to your opponent for the finisher.

Olimar= B+: Very hard to avoid and usually KOs especially on small stages.

Pokemon Trainer: B: It can be avoided easily up close so use it a bit farther away. The attack itself is ok but the camera zooms on PT in making if much harder to avoid then it would be. Pretty easy to score KOs with though.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Wolf's Final smash is near one of the best if someone that knows how to use it well? ( NOT THAT GUY IN THAT VIDEO, YOU KNOW LOL)

You use it the other person tries to dodge bullets, you try to ram it into them, they jump you fly, they star KOed. (It's quick...) XD And if you got time repeat the star KO.

Might not work like that but it sure will most of the time.

Anyone want to add anything to that?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you rating them on how good they are or how good they look? Or possibly both? You do both in your post.

Marth: KO's pretty much everyone anywhere on a stage at 0% (it inflicts 70%). Can be comboed into easily (in which case it's guaranteed). Hee's only screwed if he misses it in the air.
Meta-Knight: Knockback also depends on how far away from the opponent he is and the knockback isn't that great even from point-blank.
Giga Bowser: He's stronger, but he's also slower (I think) and a larger target who's easier to combo because of the low knockback you now have on him. Good, but no 7.

Peach: O RLY? Every single video with Peach hitting with it disagrees. The only way for it to not inflict damage would be for the opponent to be on the other side of the stage. I haven't measured how far away they have to be but it's gotta be at least from one end of Final Destination to the other. Depending on how far away from Peach the opponent is, the FS will inflict different damages (49% being the highest, I believe).
Mario: Low knockback (almost none), you just ride along the flames. Easy to jump over as well. Cannot be comboed into (because then people can just jump).
Samus: Samus' big beam can be angled (even after firing it) and has a large hitbox (even from behind). It's definitely not a 9, though since it's not even a guaranteed KO at 0% (and not even above 0%).
Zamus: Zamus' sucks you in (i.e., the hitbox is huge). It doesn't KO you at low %s, though.

Captain Falcon: The hitbox for this FS is quite small and it won't hit you if you're in the air (I think) and it cannot be performed in the air either.
PK Storm/PK Starstorm: Huge and slow thingies from the sky that are quite easy to avoid by just standing in the right spot and moving around. Relatively low knockback (I think I've survived them at, like, 60%). You have to be hit by one and then comboed into another afterwards to be KO:ed. Definitely not an 8 or a 9.

Ike: You're rating the FS based on how badass and cool they look? Ike's hitbox for this is large (I think), larger than Marth's (I think). However, it does not Ko at 0%. I've survived it at 30-40% before the hit. The knockback is much lower than Marth's and more importantly, Ike can't combo into it (that I know of).
Toon Link and Link: Can be comboed into, big hitbox, KO's at almost 0% depending on how huge the stage is.
Ganondorf: Small hitbox. Strong, though.
Lucario: Failure. No one good will ever get hit by it.
Jigglypuff: Also a failure.

Wario: He's invicible during the entire FS. He can still hit the opponent, they just can't hit him. It's good because of this.
Zelda/Sheik: Harder to KO into than Link's/TL's IIRC. Possibly weaker as well, not sure. Still strong enough to KO at 0% on almost all stages. It's slow, though (definitely slower than TL's/Link's/Marth's IIRC). + For being able to perform it anywhere at any time (in the air).
R.O.B.: This one sucks balls if you can just run away from it. Especially if you Smash/Tap-DI out of it before the strong hit comes out.
Mr. Game & Watch: Large character, though relatively weak. Lasts for a while and can be hard to dodge. But not amazing.

Donkey Kong: No, just no. Even if the stage is small, you can just camp the edge.
Diddy Kong: The bullets are pretty strong. But overall, not very good.
Super Sonic: Easy to spotdodge/roll/jump/airdodge once you've got the hang of it.
Kirby: Relatively weak knockbackwise and doesn't even pull people in if they're far away enough. Pretty good still since it's pretty much guaranteed damage as long as the opponent is within range.

Pikachu: It's like Sonic's, only much worse!
Yoshi: It kinda sucks IIRC. I've only experienced it three times, though, since everyone hates him.
Pit: He can still move during it, a plus. The army has relatively weak knockback though, a minus. And you can actually spotdodge and airdodge them. A pretty good one nonetheless.
Snake: Spotdodge, roll, airdodge. Take your pick.

Pikmin & Olimar: Guaranteed damage, that's it. You just jump out of the way for the spaceship.
Pokémon Trainer: Almost no knockback and 10% worth of damage if your opponent is smart enough to not bounce off the beam.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Theres some things I disagree with in yours.

Captain Falcon: The hitbox for this FS is quite small and it won't hit you if you're in the air (I think) and it cannot be performed in the air either.
You can use it in the air, it's hit box is large Horizontally small vertically.

Ike: I've survived it at 30-40% before the hit.
It depends where you land at the end of the Final Smash, Land in a high enough place and it can Ko at low damages.

Lucario: Failure. No one good will ever get hit by it.
Knock the person off the stage then use it, most characters even if they manage to recover back they will no have time to jump over it or something.

Jigglypuff: Also a failure.
The same thing Knock someone off the stage then use it. I doubt they will be able to escape it.

Donkey Kong: No, just no. Even if the stage is small, you can just camp the edge.
Small stages like Final Destination you can still get hit if the person using it times the beat right, it will get to the same size of the stage and maybe bigger if perfect.
Super Sonic: Easy to spotdodge/roll/jump/airdodge once you've got the hang of it.
Not if the person doesn't use it like a maniac, EG. Stops right in front of you waits until invincibility frames are over then hits.

Snake: Spotdodge, roll, airdodge. Take your pick.
I am sure air dodging, rolling doesn't work.

Pokémon Trainer: Almost no knockback and 10% worth of damage if your opponent is smart enough to not bounce off the beam.
The attack is not the only problem if your far you can't see where your going meaning you could go into the attack or self destruct, also there is good knockback at the end of it.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I agree with XSF about Sonic's FS. If the guy is zigzagging all over the place, then you 'could' avoid it. However, if Sonic's stalking you, following you wherever you get knocked afterwards, it shows its one of the better FS in the game.

clace

Smash Journeyman
You rated Ike's 10 and Links 7? They're practically the same FS. That makes no sense, visual appeal shouldn't count, should it?

On a far more important note, LANDMAASSSSTEEEEEERRRR!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
T
You can use it in the air, it's hit box is large Horizontally small vertically.
And it's shaped strangely as well.

It depends where you land at the end of the Final Smash, Land in a high enough place and it can Ko at low damages.
"I can KO you with Peach's Upair at 40% if you're high up enough when I land it!"

When talking about "It will kill at...", you normally assume it's on a normal-size stage and the hit connects somewhere close to the ground.

Knock the person off the stage then use it, most characters even if they manage to recover back they will no have time to jump over it or something.
Yes they will. They still have their 2nd jump and 3rd jump. The beam can still barely be aimed. Heck, even if you get hit, it's possible to actually Tap-DI out of it into Up B in order to not die (but it's not that easy). It is a great failure.

The same thing Knock someone off the stage then use it. I doubt they will be able to escape it.
Use it how? They can easily escape it through DI, air control and recovering normally. It's not like the hitbox is immediately huge.

Small stages like Final Destination you can still get hit if the person using it times the beat right, it will get to the same size of the stage and maybe bigger if perfect.
Yeah, if the person is stupid enough to, you know, jump into it or be within range when he starts it and not run away. The hitbox is not the size of Final Destination for oen thing. For another, you can just jump out of the way, 2nd jump furhter away and then go for the ledge or something.

Not if the person doesn't use it like a maniac, EG. Stops right in front of you waits until invincibility frames are over then hits.
Smart people won't let them do this. Because you don't just stand in one spot, you run around in order to be a moving target.

I am sure air dodging, rolling doesn't work.
What game are you playing? Of course airdodging and rolling works (especially rolling since you're actually moving away from the spot he's aiming at). You run like a maniac to stay a moving target and then dodge/roll the shots.

The attack is not the only problem if your far you can't see where your going meaning you could go into the attack or self destruct, also there is good knockback at the end of it.
Wait, say what? You bounce off it at 0%, receiving a measly, like, 10%. From there, you just stay in the air and Up B at the end to not get KO:ed.

There is no way to not see where you're going or where the attack is since it's a huge pillar of light (although horizontal).

I agree with XSF about Sonic's FS. If the guy is zigzagging all over the place, then you 'could' avoid it. However, if Sonic's stalking you, following you wherever you get knocked afterwards, it shows its one of the better FS in the game.
While it's hard, you do realize you can also airdodge the followups of Sonic stalking you after launching you off the ground, right? It's a good FS. But it's not godly or even a guaranteed KO. It's a guessing game and a mindgame.

With Marth, he can even combo you into it from at least 5 different moves.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
When talking about "It will kill at...", you normally assume it's on a normal-size stage and the hit connects somewhere close to the ground.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, I'm talking about after all the animation of the final smash and at the end of it's animation where he brings you down and everyone inside it goes "boom", if where he lands is high like the top of the battle field stage platforms it can sometimes.

Yes they will. They still have their 2nd jump and 3rd jump. The beam can still barely be aimed. Heck, even if you get hit, it's possible to actually Tap-DI out of it into Up B in order to not die (but it's not that easy). It is a great failure.
I can see people with big jumps and recoveries still being able to escape it but if you throw some of the characters that have bad recoveries they will not be able to escape. You can aim the beam before it even starts (if you didn't know that) which will help if you aim at the edge that you threw them off at. You can DI out of it if the person using the Final smash is not looking at what your trying to do since you can also move when its in mid animation you can be moving it up so they can't get out.

Use it how? They can easily escape it through DI, air control and recovering normally. It's not like the hitbox is immediately huge.
Quickly just fall of the stage and use it infront of the edge the person can't grab the edge. + you are growing bigger so chances are the person can't jump over you as well (People with massive recoveries like pit can though)
Yeah, if the person is stupid enough to, you know, jump into it or be within range when he starts it and not run away. The hitbox is not the size of Final Destination for oen thing. For another, you can just jump out of the way, 2nd jump furhter away and then go for the ledge or something.
You do know that theres a song and if you push "A" (GC controler) it gets bigger if you keep doing it right in a row, if you use it in a stage like Final Destination in the middle of it it will reach both edges of the stage.
Smart people won't let them do this. Because you don't just stand in one spot, you run around in order to be a moving target.
He's faster than you, running he can just go quickly after you, jumping your going to have to reach the ground sometime so if he's smart he'll know exactly where you'll land and if you air dodge near the groudn and touch it it gets canceled so he can hit you easily.

What game are you playing? Of course airdodging and rolling works (especially rolling since you're actually moving away from the spot he's aiming at). You run like a maniac to stay a moving target and then dodge/roll the shots.
The Hit box of the blast stays longer than a dodging, rolling. The blast is bigger than your roll so when it ends you'll get hit. the only thing you can do is run and jump.

Wait, say what? You bounce off it at 0%, receiving a measly, like, 10%. From there, you just stay in the air and Up B at the end to not get KO:ed.

There is no way to not see where you're going or where the attack is since it's a huge pillar of light (although horizontal).
Look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba9HOBolqyk at time 1:10 where is this 10% thing of yours coming from? Depending the stage the camera zooms into the person using the final smash so you could easily drop off the stage.

I noticed something now your basing alot of your stuff from THIS video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q

Like Pokemon Trainers Final Smash 10% thing and DKs. =P

Are you sure you even even used ALL these final smashes yourself?

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
While no final smash is completely useless, having to set up final smashes like with Jigglypuff's means risking you lose the smash ball if you get hit. This puts you at an immediate disadvantage if you're fighting a Sonic or Bowser, you can't afford to lose the smash ball, since they will most likely use their's immediately.

What about the camera zooming in? I'm not sure if you realize that's what we meant. Sometimes the zoom in can cause a person trouble, if they're in the middle of making a jump, or trying to jump over PK trainer while he's standing near a ledge, to avoid the FS.

While it's hard, you do realize you can also airdodge the followups of Sonic stalking you after launching you off the ground, right? It's a good FS. But it's not godly or even a guaranteed KO. It's a guessing game and a mindgame.
I'm not sure you understand. A good Super Sonic doesn't move fast to stalk a character, and only has to slowly move across you to hit you. Spot dodges won't last long enough, rolls are predictable, and air dodges can be predicted too. He can attack you as soon as your dodge is finished.

Top Bottom