• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Disclaimer off topic
Because hell is portrayed differently for the general modern mindset of being a horrible place. But for the greeks the underworld was far less horrifying but hades wound up associated with death and thus, pure evil

Also i dont think media has ever shown ares being a coward before or hera being the real villain of mythology (opinion). Or the fact dionysus made people go insane but he is shown as a jolly old fat guy (although i could have sworn all gods were physically perfect so being fat wouldnt make sense)

And especially not zeus's . . . Time as the original literal sexual golden shower.

Sorry i needed an excuse to dpeak mythology and based on the fact tou question hades being evil you might already know this. :p
Yeah, I knew some of it :laugh:. Even knowing the modern interpretation of the underworld, I'm always bothered for whatever reason. But thanks for you're input :). I must admit, Greek mythology has always interested me.

Er, anyways, I might as well do today's ratings while I'm here.

Adeleine
Chance
.01% - She's generally seen as a forgotten character in the Kirby series sadly enough (much like the animal friends). And from rumor of Sakurai disliking the games that she originates from (the Dark Matter series, but how could Sakurai dislike them, they're pretty cool, especially Zero). And to boot, this phase of DLC comes in pleasing fans. Many people today probably don't even know her.

Want
5% - Eh, to be honest, she never seemed important to the series. Which is sad, I could tell that those involved in making her really wanted to make her a main stay. But, or whatever reason, she was dropped. Years later, we now have our fourth to the Kirby series, Bandana Waddle Dee. After he's added, I'd be content with Kirby characters. As long as Bandana Dee pops up before her, I'm fine. If they want to throw her in afterwards, I'd have no complaints.

Concept: All Vet's Returning
upload_2015-7-12_9-19-47.png

First of all, let me just say, whoever worked to get this concept rated, I really appreciate the sentiment. Really, pushing for all veterans is a noble feat, making sure everyone's favorites get their chance. I thank you.
Anyways, let's get to the ratings.
Chance
5% - Well, Sakurai said the next batch of DLC is to please the fans, and returning fans beloved veterans does sound like fan pleasing. Only problem, is some just won't work. Ice Climbers have the 3DS as an obstacle, Snake his own company, and Pichu and Young Link... well, they aren't the most loved of veterans. Out of all of them, Wolf doesn't seem to have any obstacles, well, except for one thing. He's not a newcomer. Yes, people want to see some newcomers get love in this DLC wave, and even though people typically like him, we don't know what direction even he'll be taken in...

Want
25% - Personally, I only really want the Ice Climbers, and I'd also happily take back Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and I suppose Wolf to, although to be honest, I don't want him as much as other people do. I would like to see all veterans back in some way, but I think Pichu and Young Link are better off as Pikachu and Toon Link alts.

Predictions
Young Link - Speaking of veterans... why exactly Young Link out of all of them? I'd understand Wolf, but Young Link, really? 11%
Jill - Hmm, doesn't Capcom already have 2 (legendary) characters in the game? 2%

Nominations
Eggman X5

Attachments

Last edited:
Adeline
chance 0%
an obscure character with very little use in the franchise. no ballot support and there are probably like 4 or 5 other kirby characters in front of her (but that wont happen)
want 5%
meh

all vets
chance 0%
while wolf, pichu, ivysaur, and squirtle have no issues (other than each other) snake and Ice climbers have issues that guarantee that this wont happen if the idea of 6 more veteran characters doesn't.

The ice climbers will not work on the 3DS even of gravity is off and i still believe they didnt work on the Wii U
Snake's VA just announced that Kojima productions is disbanding.

and even if those 2 still manage to get in there would have to be 3 DLC pokemon vets.
RIP

want
Snake, IC and ivysaur would be pretty cool but I dont care too much for the rest. . .I guess ill go with 10%

predictions
Young link 15%
Jill sandwich 2%

noms
next smash as new director 5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Adeleine's Chance: 1%
A one-off character from a game from the Nintendo 64 that has long been passed by, she's pretty much forgotten. I don't she really has any fan support to overcome this.

Adeleine's Want: 10%
I loved Kirby 64, but I always felt she was the weakest character design and execution. I'd rather have a more recent or more known Kirby character over her.

----------

All Vets Returning Chance: 0%
In a recent translation of an interview with Sakurai, it was shown that he had pretty much tried everything to get the Ice Climbers to work on the 3DS and failed. Since there is absolutely no way they will either kill what made them special in the first place nor sell them exclusive to the Wii U or New 3DS, we'll just have to sadly wait until Smash Bros 5 to see them return. Couple that with Sakurai stating that all DLC characters will be from fan demand, and there's no way they'll bring back Young Link or Pichu. I can understand Wolf and I can understand Roy, because they are popular choices, but nobody wants Young Link back.

All Vets Returning Want: Abstain
Now, this one is a bit of a toss-up. I'm dying to see Snake return and would be very happy to have him and pretty much whomever they bring into the game. And it'd be nice to see the Ice Climbers if it were possible to get them to work on the 3DS. However, I really would be displeased with Nintendo if they felt we should waste money on worthless clones, especially Young Link who is more than replaced by Toon Link.

Troykv

Smash Master
ALL VETERANS RETURN:

First of all, before I give my ratings, let's calculate the expected rating by multiplying the individual chances of the veterans from the chance chart:
:wolf: 93.04%
:snake: 30.71%
:squirtle: 26.91%
:ivysaur: 26.44%
:popo: 21.26%
:younglinkmelee: 17.99%
:pichumelee: 17.54%

Multiplying, 0.9304 × 0.3071 × 0.2691 × 0.2644 × 0.2126 × 0.1799 × 0.1754 = 0.001364 (approx.)

Or, in percentage, 0.136%. Tiny, isn't it?
Let's see how the average matches up with this.

Now for my ratings.
CHANCE: 0%
It really doesn't make sense to bring back all of them considering some don't have a lot of demand (:younglinkmelee:), while another is flat-out impossible to being back without destroying their gimmick (:popo:). It's a poor business decision, especially as there are many newcomers who are far more popular and would be rewarding.

WANT: 0%
I can do without Young Link and Pichu returning, really. A newcomer would have me far more interested.
ADELEINE:
CHANCE: 1%
Being in the shadow of Bandana Dee AND Magolor isn't a good sign, honestly. HAL has simply ignored most characters from the Sakurai era, including the animal buddies, Dark Matter not making any explicit appearances and that also includes Adeleine. Even if Sakurai is in charge, he might opt fot Dark Matter instead.

WANT: 25%
I suppose I can give her this much. Even as Inklings are making a splash with their colourful guns, Adeleine does have a neat design.
:231:

Wow! Even the odds say that the chances are zero xD

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Adeleine
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

One game... that is all she has under her belt. She isn't from a series where the protagonist changes, like Xenoblade or Fire Emblem, and she isn't the first protagonist, such as Shulk and Marth respectively. I suppose she has popularity, but that mostly stems from Kirby 64 fans and Brawl in the Family fans (where she was reoccurring in that comic). Even then, she has a secondary role in that game and didn't even reappear in any future games. She also has to compete with Bandana Dee, who is a reoccurring character and a contender for the ballot. She has limited ballot support. All in all, this painting that I am picturing is not a good one.
As for want... NO. I would be disappointed if she got in over Bandana Dee.

This next one... oh boy... this next one...
Why... why do I want to scream... scream so, so loudly...
All... veterans returning...?

All Veterans Returning
Chance:
0%

This is not going to happen. This is a fantasy.
Let's look at who we have left:
:wolf:Major contender and is by far one of the most requested characters. He is also a pretty important Nintendo character that was cut and his moveset would be easy to make. Overall, he is by far the most likely.
:snake:Being a veteran doesn't matter for Snake when you have a mountain of problems. He hasn't had a major appearance on a Nintendo console in a very long time (minus the REMAKES of games that were on PS consoles), Konami having an iffy relationship with Nintendo, and Kojima's studio has now disbanded (with Konami employees now being fussy when Kojima is brought up). Not a good sign at all. Fan demand needs to explode to convince Sakurai and Nintendo.
:popo:An iceberg of problems that come from 3DS limitations. You can't have them be exclusive to the Wii U version or, a much more ridiculous and stupid idea, the New 3DS. The roster needs to be the same on both versions; that is a rule. They are demanded sure, but the 3DS isn't an issue that will magically disappear.
:ivysaur::squirtle::pt:They have their fans and demand, but few people are crying over the loss of them.
:pichumelee:A clone from Melee that is very, very divisive. Bringing back Pichu would be a massive risk for Sakurai and Nintendo; some fans will be happy, many fans will be livid. It doesn't help that he has a terrible mechanic.
:younglinkmelee:A clone that really isn't missed and is essentially replaced by Toon Link now.

Overall, only Wolf seems possible. The rest are just very, very unlikely to return.

Want: 0%
The only veteran that I want is Wolf. I loved his moveset and I like the character. The rest, however, I don't want at all. I would like it if we can have some new characters get in Smash and some nice surprises. Bringing back all veterans would be a massive disappointment as it would prevent this.

Young Link Prediction: 5.28%
Time to bring him down.
Jill Valentine Prediction: 3.10%
I can't say that she's likely.

Nominations: Guile's Theme 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Adeline: Abstain

All veterans return
Chance: 0.1%
I consider this very unlikely to happen as it has a large number of individual and collective issues that would have to be overcome to happen. The Ice Climbers have pretty much been said to be impossible in their current form considering he even tried to remove gravity to do it, Snake has potential third party issues and the rest aside from Wolf have popularity issues. Plus, there's also the possibility that we don't even get the right number of slots to allow for this to happen, which means that even if veterans took the entire ballot, some would still likely get left behind. So this concept I feel is very out of reach, there's too much to account for so that it could work.

Want: 15%
There are some that I do want to return, but I don't want all of them.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Adeleine
Chance: 1.3%
She's ultimately not important enough to the Kirby franchise at this point to include her on the roster. Not to mention she has competition for the next Kirby representative, a slot that I personally don't believe even exists. I'll give the gifted young artist a rating of 1.3%.
If she manages to be a major character in a future Kirby game then maybe...

Want: 4%
She doesn't seem all that interesting to me.

All Veterans Return
Chance: 1.5%
Let's be realistic. This isn't happening. At least for DLC. We're not going to get 4 different Pokemon for DLC, the issue with the Ice Climbers were just recently talked about by Sakurai, and if you even consider Young Link to be a veteran then Toon Link replaced him. I'll give this unrealistic concept a score of 1.5%.
What's funny is that I consider this concept to be more likely than about half of the characters we've rated thus far...

Want: 5%
As much as I wouldn't mind this concept to become a reality in the future, I don't want it to happen all at once as DLC. I would much rather see some more first party newcomers from here on out before DLC for Smash 4 comes to an end.

Nominations:
x5 Unpopular DLC Character

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Adeleine

Chance: 5%

While she would have a very interesting concept for a unique using paint style attacks, the main issue is that she is basically a forgotten character, having only appeared in a single N64 game (two games if you count Ado in Kirby's Dream Land 3). With minimal ballot support, she already has to face huge competition with Bandana Dee and Magolor (more so the former though) for the 4th Kirby slot.

Want: 5%

The roster could definitely use some more female fighters, and a paint style of fighting would make her stand out, but I'd rather prefer seeing Bandana Dee get in for the 4th Kirby slot.

All veterans returning

Chance: 0%

Looks like this is the first 0% rating I'm going to give, but this is a concept we are looking at, not a video game character who has already appeared in a Nintendo title. Simply put, this is a concept that I don't see happening at all.

:wolf:: Easily the most likely veteran to return to Smash 4 at this point, largely due to his popularity and how he stands out compared to Fox and Falco.

:snake:: Highly-requested to return, but due to Konami's situation right now (especially since he got in thanks to Kojima in the first place), he's not too likely at this point.

:popo:: Many smashers were saddened when they got the boot in this game, and since then, they have been fairly requested to return as DLC. However, the reason why they didn't get in was due to 3DS limitations. Now that we have the New 3DS with much more better software drives, they could come back as New Nintendo 3DS exlusives, but Sakurai has stated he didn't want console exclusive characters, so there aren't too likely either.

:pt:: Already de-confirmed thanks to in-battle transformations no longer happening.

:squirtle::ivysaur:: Not the most highly requested veterans for a return.

:pichumelee:: It was hated in Melee to the point it was the least missed cut character into Brawl's release, and many smashers hate the inclusion of more clone characters, so he isn't very likely at this point.

:younglinkmelee:: While decently requested for a veteran return, Toon Link has essentially replaced him in practically every possible way, though supporters have suggested one could give him a unique moveset. Despite all this, I don't think he's that likely to return.

When looking at all the veterans, most of them are either too unlikely to return or have no chance at all, with only Wolf having the best chance to return. Thus, the idea of all veterans returning is not going to happen at this point.

And it looks I'm giving a 0% want rating as well. That's because out of all the veterans returning, the only one veterans I really want to come back is Wolf, with Snake and Ice Climbers at second place and Toon Link at third place. Thus, I do not want all veterans to return.

Predictions:

Young Link (Legend of Zelda): 6.11%
Jill Valentine: 1.10%

Nominations:

Descole's day still hasn't arrived yet? Well then, I guess I'll give him some nominations again, just for a very short while though, until his day surely comes. Then, I'll be pushing for Gallade again.

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x5

Laniv

Smash Champion
Adeleine:

Chance: 2%
As @Iko MattOrr said, she's been off the radar for a long time. Plus, Bandanna Dee's got most of the Kirby support.

Want: 100%
A non-Sakurai Kirby character from the Dark Matter trilogy? Sign me up.

All Veterans returning:

We'll probably get Wolf (and even then...) and maybe Snake if we're lucky, but that's probably it.

Want: 70%
So long as it doesn't get in the way of newcomers, I'd be pretty happy.

Predictions for Young Link: 6% Chance, 58% Want
Predictions for Jill Valentine: 4% Chance, 16% Want

Nominate Isabelle x 5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
All Veterans Returning Chance:
10%
Polygon: Masahiro Sakurai Character Selection

“Whether it’s a minor character or a character that is one of the most highly skilled and most played, if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt.” – Masahiro Sakurai

The preceding quote from Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai rings true for many Smash fans. We all have our favorite characters, after all, and it is particularly heart wrenching when those characters do not return for the next installment in the series. The good news for those of us that have lost our “mains” is that DLC now makes their return a possibility.

That being said, there are among many that don’t feel confident about the notion of every single cut character who has been in playable in Smash returning. They often bring up arguments such as the following:

“Pichu has a large hate base!”

“Young Link is a third Link!”

“These veterans aren’t popular requests in the ballot!”

“Squirtle is redundant with Greninja taking his play style!”

“Young Link’s play style is taken by Toon Link”

“Squirtle and Ivysaur are redundant with Charizard being solo.”

“The number of slots are limited!”

“Lucas’ and Roy’s game are Japan only!”

Despite these supposed issues, there are a number of reasons why all veterans is a notable possibility. There are two pieces of evidence in particular that makes a case for everyone returning.

First, look at the quote I posted to start:

“Whether it’s a minor character or a character that is one of the most highly skilled and most played, if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt.”

“I think we have to really consider that, so I take a very serious, hard look at that and have empathy for the players who look for these type of characters when we’re making these decisions.”

We can see from his words that he takes the return of veterans into serious consideration, even if that character is the least played character or a character with a minor fanbase. He knows that once a character is removed, the people who enjoyed using that character in the previous games are going to get upset, he really emphasizes these points in this interview.

He later has the following to say regarding characters who have been playable in Smash previously making it into Smash 4:

Nowgamer: We Don’t Have Time to Bring All The Characters Back

“I can answer that: no. We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point,”

“So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it’s good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologise in advance to those fans.”
This quote shows that he does not want to cut characters if he does not have to. In tight situations, he may have to cut characters, as he does not have the time and resources to recreate them all. He’s likely referring to ambitious roster size (along with the load of other content such as stages and modes) while having a set time limit frame in which to release them. I can imagine with these strict time constraints, Sakurai had to pick a certain amount of characters to leave out in order to meet deadlines.

DLC can change all of this. Now that the games have been released these issues are barely existent. He no longer has to stress about making a complete game and preparing it for a predetermined release date. He is now given a plentiful amount of time to bring everyone back. Sure, time and resources are still a factor, but at the very least he doesn’t have to worry about making two entire games anymore. Sakurai mentions in the previous interview that he really doesn’t want to cut characters out of the way, as cutting the least it is good for the fans. It would be logical to assume that that statement is very likely going to translate to his decisions when it comes to deciding which characters are going to be made for DLC.

This does not mean that all veterans are in the clear, however. If veterans have other issues holding them back they may very well not return. Snake MAY have some legal issues with Konami's current state and the Ice Climbers are the only veterans with serious issues. The technical issues involving the Ice Climbers have already been specified by Sakurai as the reason they cannot be playable (technical issues are likely the bigger priority than any other issue). Unless he can resolve these issues now that the games are out through using the New 3DS hardware or by making them Wii U exclusives, I do not see them coming back. There is always the possibility of making a “solo” Ice Climber or simplifying their gimmick, but I do not think that will happen. If he was going to do that he would already have done so for the base game (see Olimar’s reduced Pikmin.) Again, Sakurai does have the time to try implementing the Ice Climbers one more time, but it I only see this happening if he is willing to put as many characters into the game as possible. The issues with all veterans returning are not of Young Link, Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, nor Wolf, but specifically Snake and Ice Climbers, who have the biggest issues. Which is why I gave this concept a 10%. (Which is also the lowest I'll give to a veteran's chances.)

Sakurai’s desire to bring back as many characters as possible in order to make people happy shows that he wouldn’t care about the number of non-technical problems Smash fans bring up in regards to veteran character inclusion. He also wouldn’t care if the character is not very popular at all as long as he knows that character has passionate fans. Sakurai is not a businessman when it comes to character decisions. He has never added only popular characters for the sake of being popular. He has added a mix of unpopular and popular in every Smash game to provide variety. This history of decisions show that he is likely not changing his philosophy with deciding characters, even in the case of DLC.

As long as a character has an existing fanbase (whether it be big or minor) who want their reintroduction into Smash 4, then Sakurai will concern himself with their recreation so that their fans can be happy. (Especially in Japan, where they love cut veterans). This is why I see the case of "bringing back as many veterans as possible" possibly being a bigger priority than newcomers for DLC this time around.

x5 Unpopular DLC Character

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You stick to your guns Blue, that's a thing I can appriciate. Shame you don't like Impa. :smirk:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I like Impa a bit, especially in Hyrule Warriors. I just don't see her happening when considering that most of her roles are generally minor in the main Zelda games. Just because I give a low score, doesn't mean I don't like it. Even though I give Isaac a low rating, I do like the moveset potential he offers to support him decently.

D

Deleted member

Adeleine:
Chance:1.23%
When i called her Kirby's Geno i was referring that she is a (sort of) popular Kirby character among fans despite appearing in only one game (im not sure if Ado and Adeleine are the same character) also low ballot support.

Want:12%
The 12% is just because it would be cool for the Kirby 64 nostalgia (i loved that game).

All veterans return:
Chance:2%
I only expect Wolf to come back.

Want:0%
I know that a lot of people will miss :snake:,:popo:,:ivysaur:,:squirtle: and:pichumelee:, but all i have to say is this:
.That image says it all.

Noms: Tetris stage X5.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Adeleine:
Chance: 0%
Want: Abstain
I think we are ok with the Kirby reps...

All Vets return
Chance: Hahaha 0%
F*ck Pichu and YoungLink, Squirtle and Ivysaur got the kick because of the same problem as Popo & Nana... Snake... he won't come back guys... and Wolf... poor pooch... let them go...

Pred
Young Link: 4%
Jill: 3%

Noms
Mallo x 5...

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Adeleine:
Chance:1.23%
When i called her Kirby's Geno i was referring that she is a (sort of) popular Kirby character among fans despite appearing in only one game (im not sure if Ado and Adeleine are the same character) also low ballot support.

Want:12%
The 12% is just because it would be cool for the Kirby 64 nostalgia (i loved that game).

All veterans return:
Chance:2%
I only expect Wolf to come back.

Want:0%
I know that a lot of people will miss :snake:,:popo:,:ivysaur:,:squirtle: and:pichumelee:, but all i have to say is this:
.That image says it all.

Noms: Tetris stage X5.
Err, I feel that that image is kinda offensive to fans of those veterans. I could easily say Let go for Wolf until he's announced. I mean, I don't want to be offensive myself, but if people want to hold hope, I see no problem with it.

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Adeleine
Want: 25%

All Vets:
Chance: 1%

Predictions:
Young Link: 4.25%
Jill: 6%

Nominations:
Gardevoir x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Adeleine:

Chance: 0.1%
Want:10%

She only appeared in 1 game and is not very requested compared to other Kirby characters.

All veterans returning:

Chance:0.5%

After what I read about Ice Climbers on PushDustin's site it's not happening.

Want:50%

Predictions:

Young Link: 11.36%

Jill:1.45%

Nominate Smash Bros 4 NX port x2

Mother 3 Stage x3

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Concept: All veterans return -

Chance: 40% - All the veterans are popular and have a boosted chance, but...

Want: 50% - I want Wolf back, but Pichu? Young Link? Nah.

Predictions -

Young Link: 30%

Jill: 4%

Nominations -

x5: Captain Syrup

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since I would rather hurry up and lie down after today, this will be short and sweet. :crying:

Adeleine
Want: 78%

All Vets:
Chance: 1%

Predictions:
Young Link: 4.25%
Jill: 6%

Nominations:
Corrin x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I'm abosolutely shocked about the recent news. Yeah we'll take tomorrow off.

Adeleine
Chance: 0% - She had a role in one game and it wasn't even a big one.
Want: 90% - Fighting with art sounds awesome though.

All veterans returning
Chance: 0% - "Insert another self-explanatory explanation here"
Want: 50%

Nominations: Descole x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
ADELEINE
CHANCE: 1.68%
WANT: 33.24%

CONCEPT: ALL VETERANS RETURN
CHANCE: 2.61%
WANT: 29.97%
We'll be taking a break today. We'll start Young Link and Jill's day tomorrow.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Having a break from this game is nice, but giving the circumstances....

This'll be like our way of having a moment of silence at least...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Having a break from this game is nice, but giving the circumstances....

This'll be like our way of having a moment of silence at least...
*takes off hat, nods silently*

I actually did that, by the way.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I want you guys to keep in mind today, that it's thanks to Iwata that we have the Smash Ballot at all.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I want you guys to keep in mind today, that it's thanks to Iwata that we have the Smash Ballot at all.
There's a lot we need to be thankful for in Iwata's case...

NNID
Majorasmask66
Well i'm gonna rate my own thing then...

Iwata will be remembered

Chance: 100%

When you help make smash bros, do lots of programming for earthbound from scratch despite the original programing being a complete mess, being a fantastic respectable business man despite a few slip ups as any human has, honorably take blame for your mistakes, ect, you will absolutely be remembered.

Out of the billions of people in this world, he is apart of the few that deserve it. He's earned being remembered.

Predictions

Iwata will continue to inspire others with his legacy far after his death: 100%

Nominations

More and more people will understand how absolutely amazing he was in the years he was on this earth. x∞

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Iwata was a legendary developer. He's the reason for almost everything modern Nintendo. Without him, we'd have no Pokemon Gold and Silver, no Earthbound, no Kirby, no Wii, no Pokemon Stadium, and finally, no Smash Bros. Without him, Nintendo would have died.

Rest in peace, and thanks for everything, Satoru Iwata. You will be missed by millions.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ugh, sad news to hear, especially given how it literally came out of nowhere... like we knew he had health problems, but I don't think we knew they were that severe (at least I didn't), and 55 year old is such a young age to die, especially because of a disease. I loved imagining Iwata presenting new Smash DLC in the inevitable August Direct, but the idea that it will not be presented by him with his recognizable voice and his "please take a look" feels so wrong... especially given that an August Direct will not be inevitable anymore. (Though the confirmed update pretty much guarantees a dedicated and separate livestream at the very least) Now I'm looking forward what Nintendo will become in the future, hoping that Iwata's death will not let go Nintendo downhill.

Seeing how sad the Nintendo fandom is today, I really don't want to see what will happen when it'll be Sakurai's turn... this day will be an absolute disaster for Smashboards.

But at least look at the positives... the heated debates tied with Young Link's rating will happen later than expected, right? (wanted to put a trollface here, but decided against given the circumstances)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.
I added a title to it as well.

Mr. Iwata was a great, great man.
Before he became President, he worked on many projects. He helped develop games that we love, such as Balloon Fight and EarthBound. He compressed Gold and Silver to the point where Kanto could be added in the game. He mentored Sakurai and helped him develop his first game, Kirby's Dream Land.
He has done a lot for us as Smash fans. Without him, Smash wouldn't exist. With Sakurai, he helped develop the idea of Nintendo characters duking it out in an all-star battle. In Melee, he helped produce the game where it could be released during the game during the holiday season. He helped get the ball rolling for the development of Brawl.
As President, he has done so much. He helped Nintendo gain a ton of sales from the DS and Wii, giving Nintendo a lot of profit and reach new feats. He was also involved in other parts of Nintendo, such as giving the title to the Xenoblade Chronicles series.
This isn't just a loss for Nintendo fans, but for gaming as a whole. He helped create games that we all know and love and indirectly gave birth to many 3rd party franchises that we love with the DS and Wii. Should I also emphasize that without Iwata, Smash Bros. would not exist Without him, Smashboards wouldn't exist; we wouldn't be here right now.
The biggest shame in my opinion is that he left in a world that gave him so much crap. With the Wii U's failures and the E3 bomb, he left the world with these criticisms... that, in my opinion, is sad. And Nintendo, they are in the middle of a transition period without a leader to guide them...
While he is gone, he left an amazing legacy to all of us. We should celebrate the life of an amazing man and a fan of video games that has done so much for Nintendo and their fans. Nintendo Directs won't ever be the same... I bet that we all smiled when he told us that he would give news "Directly to you."
Raise your controllers in the air for him.

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. My thoughts go out to your friends and family and everyone at Nintendo. You are gone, but you will never be forgotten.

D

Deleted member

Regardless of the opionions about Young Link tomorrow,please keep things civil and respectful, and most importantly:

Have Fun.
for Iwata, and for us as well.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Alright, let's begin rating Young Link and Jill Valentine of Resident Evil fame. Also please predict what score Jean Descole from the Professor Layton series and Mallo from the Pushmo series will get tomorrow.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Young Link
Chance 40%
A lot lower after Sakurai 'only' several characters left comment.
Want 100%
Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game and one of my favourite games of all time.

Jill
Chance/want: 0%

Predictions
Layton: 9%
Pushmo: 10%

Nominate Some kind of Iwata tribute x5 (eg: trophy, mii costume based on games he's worked on or something)

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Young Link already done?
When we rate a character that we have rated before is called a rerate.
We do it to see the if the chances of the caracters have changed/in case we overrated or underrated them.

Example:During the days of the Gematsu leak, the Chorus Kids were seen as one of the most likely characters for the roster,but after Robin's reveal, their chances score dropped dramatically during the rerate.

Top Bottom