• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Sylux – A prime Smash candidate?

Chance
10% - I’ll admit, I’m gonna give some points because they don’t have arguments of possibly being a Samus clone (which Dark Samus could be, but still has potential), and not “too big” like Ridley apparently is (poor guy), but other than that, eh, the chances of seeing this one, seems rather unlikely.

Want
30% - Eh, I suppose I’ll give ‘em a few points just for being a Metroid character, but Ridley is still the main want for any new Metroid character, no matter how unlikely it may be.

Snake

Chance
10% - Oh boy, none have it as hard as Snake. I personally find the Ice Climbers more likely. The problem is, Konami is splitting apart at the seams, and Kojima has left the building. Being the man responsible for getting Snake in Brawl, a company that’s a disorganized mess, plus being third party, Snake’s chances… might be as elusive as he is, (because he’s stealthy, get it). XD

Want
80% - Like the Ice Climbers, removing Snake removed a character with a unique move set, and an entire series. I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing him back. I can over look the fact that he doesn’t really fit into the Nintendo Universe, although his appearance alongside third party stars like Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man (also Ryu, but he’s DLC so not everyone who has the game would have him, but throw him in there too) is a bit glaring. Lastly, he was a main of a family member, so I’ll chalk up 10 extra points (A.K.A. it would have been 70%).

Predictions:
Crash Bandicoot – Wow, haven’t seen this guy in years, whatever happened to him? - 3%
Bomberman – Isn’t that odd, we just rated Snake and now, another company character. -7%

Nominations:
Vaati X5

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801
Hi.

Sylux

Chance- 15%

Is a first party character from a series that needs more representation, and more likely than the elephant in the room (See what I did there?), but still, it has much more popular competition and the more casual fans probably don't know him.

Want- 0%

That's a weird way of spelling Ridley....

Snake

Chance- 50%

Now I know what your thinking. I rated Snake too high. But hear me out. I think Snake has a good 50/50 chance for a couple reasons and no, it's not just bias. Now I know Konami isn't doing the best right now, what with Kojima leaving and "The shift to mobile" and all that jazz. But here's the thing: Why would Konami NOT want Snake back in Smash? They haven't said anything against him, (actually at one point I heard they retweeted a Snake support post or something), and it would be a financial gain for all companies. I know for a fact they aren't completely abandoning console gaming, that would just be stupid. Now let's look at Nintendo's side. Sakurai has said that the ballot is to please the fans, and Snake is one of the most requested veterans. Also Ryu is in the game despite Street Fighter 5 not being on 3DS/Wii U just like MGS 5 won't be. Think about it. What makes Snake any different? Everybody gets money, fans are happy. Still though, there are some legal hurdles for him to jump through and whatnot, so in the end Snake gets a 50/50 chance.

Want- 100%

I fell in love with this character in Brawl. He's not unfitting, his explosive attacks are soooooooooo much fun to use, and he overall is one of the only legit badasses in the series except for like Falcon and Ryu. I support his return almost exclusively, and will until the day he comes out of that box and says, "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Sylux
Chance:15%
He has only appeared in Hunters, though him being a major part of Metroid Prime 4 could help him in the near future.

Want:30%
Not as much as other Metroid characters, but I think he's cool

Snake
Chance:50%
Snake...is in a weird position. He has fan support. He is also veteran. His franchise is a big one among gaming. But it all comes down to if they want to bring him back or not. So, he's really a toss up

Want:100%
I loved Snake in Brawl. His moveset and codecs were amazing, and I loved the songs on Shadow Moses. If there were two more veterans that could be brought back, I would hope Snake is one of thrm.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAKE!!

Chance: Abstain
Oh, Snake, you're in a real pickle, aren't you? He's a popular veteran with a unique moveset, but Kojima has left, and Konami is... well, they're in some kind of mess.

Want: 95%
Like I said, he's a popular veteran with a unique moveset. Plus, I just want to hear his "Tasty" again.

Sylux:

Chance: 15%
Uh... I heard its name get thrown around a lot. It's only really appeared in one game...

Want: 30%
...That ain't Ridley or Dark Samus.

Predictions for Crash Bandicoot: 3% Chance, 62% Want
Predictions for Bomberman: 4% Chance, 37% Want

Nominate Homecoming Hjinx x 5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Snake? Snake?! SNAA... *shot*

Chance: 25%
Insert AlphaOmegaSin's "**** you Konami" quote here. Nuff said. But he still has ballot support to back himself up.

Want: 95%
Loved him in Brawl and would love him to return. And it would be a bittersweet way of ending Metal Gear's entire legacy.

Sylux:

He's in a better situation than Ridley due to being in an upcoming title. But he still lacks the ballot support to help himself.

He's a cool choice, but i'd prefer the OG Metroid antagonists (Dark Samus, Mother Brain, and Ridley) over him. Then again, I never really liked Hunters to begin with.

Predictions for Crash Bandicoot: 3% Chance
Predictions for Bomberman: 7% Chance

Nominate Style Savvy x10

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
SYLUX:
CHANCE: 7%
Being explicitly confirmed by Tanabe for the next Metroid Prime is a big favour and looks like he's a developer favourite in addition to be being an ensemble darkhorse. However, I think it's too little, too late right now.

WANT: 25%
Not particularly interested.
SNAKE:
CHANCE: 3%
Snake is in a bad position right, I believe. Konami is a textbook example of a train-wreck, laying off employees left and right and trying to get into the lucrative mobile gaming market, which is considerably larger in Japan. A bigger problem is one of the people being laid off is none other than MGS's creator, Hideo Kojima. I see a messy legal battle for the rights of the franchise, which I think kills any hope of seeing him in Smash.

WANT: 85%
Former veteran. That's enough for me. Once a Smash Brother, always a Smash Brother.
CRASH: 5%
He's is going to ... well, crash. :troll:

BOMBERMAN: 7%
Another poor soul neglected by Konami. What the hell is wrong with the company, I wonder.

TINGLE × 5

:231:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sylux

Chance and Want: Abstain

Not familiar with Metroid games.

Solid Snake

Chance: 75%

People are underestimating him. We don't know the circumstances behind him getting cut. For all we know, he could have been axed because Nintendo and Konami couldn't reach an agreement when Sm4sH came out. With his humongous support which I dare say is bigger than any third party character in the game (and most characters in general I bet), I would say the chances of him coming back are pretty good. The demand for him is clearly there and Nintendo should realize Snake = Money for them. Konami already expressed support for Snake's return in the game so I don't see why it's not feasible that the 2 parties can work together in bringing Snake back in Smash Bros.

Want: 100%

Probably my favorite third party character in the series and my most requested veteran to become DLC (not counting the vets that have become DLC already). I loved his inclusion in Brawl and he was an unjustified cut in Smash 4 IMO.

Prediction
Crash: 0.7%
Bomberman: 5%

Nomination
*Re-rate Wolf*: X5

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Snake: 90%

Okay, so there's alot of misconceptions I'm starting to see here. Sure, Konami and Kojima may be having a spat, but that barely hurts Snakes chances of returning, it just hypothetically makes his return a little more difficult to execute so please stop blowing this argument out of proportions. As it stands, there's still alot of demand for his inclusion, and Sakurai is mainly doing this for fan-service.
Another thing, Konami making bad business decisions has no bearings on Snake's chances, nor does it it have anything to do with Nintendo. Why this is an actual argument is beyond me, I mean c'mon, Sega was making bad business decisions during Brawl's time( and some could argue that they still are) and that didn't affect Sonic's chances in the slightest. Snake's popular, he's wanted, he's been in the game before, Konami still owns him despite the arguments with Kojima, and there's little reason to believe that they'd refuse an invite. So, I say he's got a huge shot at returning.

He was my secondary in Brawl and after I saw that Mewtwo was returning I've been expecting to see a "kept you waiting, huh?" trailer to this day.

Sylux

Chance: 30%
He's that one guy who's been requested ever since Ridley's shadow was shown in that first Smash bros. Direct Ya? Well, he has a good shot at the roster.

Want: 10%
Never seen him Smash bros.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Snake
I'm being a little more generous this time around since Ryu has at this time been confirmed and released. One could argue that Ryu pretty much negates any argument that could be said against Snake, and for the most part that's true. I still have my doubts that we'll see more than one third party for DLC though. I just can't help but feel that Sakurai will only focus on first party characters from here on out since he already provided us with a third party character for DLC. Not to mention that there are only so many DLC characters left. I'm willing to give Snake the benefit of the doubt though. I'll give the stealth master a total of 15%, which is a 9% increase from my previous rating of Snake.
I wonder how much longer he'll make us wait...

Want: 35%
Snake was never a character I used or was attached to, but I acknowledge that he's a veteran who has his fans that want to see him return. I also have a friend who really wants him back, so I would be very glad to see Snake return to make him happy.

Sylux
Chance: 2.1%
Sakurai is aware of how popular of a choice Ridley is, and I don't think he's going to add a Metroid character that would make a large amount of fans angry. At least at this moment in time. Remember how mad Metroid fans got when Federation Force was revealed as the new Metroid Prime title? A lot of that had to do with the timing of the reveal. If we got a new main series Metroid game a few months ago, or even revealed along side Federation Force, nobody would care. It's actually a similar situation here. Ridley fans are still sore over the fact that Sakurai decided to make him a stage hazard, and if Sakurai decides to go ahead and add a Metroid character who is in no way comparable to Ridley as being more popular and important to the Metroid franchise, a lot of fans are going to be unhappy. According to Sakurai, that's not the idea behind his plans for DLC. He wants to make the fans happy. I'll give Sylux a small score of 2.1%.
Metroid fans are difficult to please...

Want: 1%
Now I'm not an advocate for Ridley or any new Metroid character despite being a big fan of the franchise, but I don't feel like going through the headaches that the Ridley fans on Smashboards would cause me if a new Metroid character that wasn't Ridley was revealed to be a future playable character.

Predictions - Crash Bandicoot: 2.2%, Bomberman: 7.3%

Nominations:
x5 Tails the Fox

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sylux
Chance: 5%
90% of his fanbase are metroid diehards trying to defend "muh reps." He appears in 1 game with a cameo in another and confirmation for being in a future title of Prime 4. No real demand.

Want: 0% Know nothing about him and he's not a deserving metroid character let alone smash character.

Snake
It's literally down to if Konami is approached to a successful contract early enough for Snake to be completed by the end of DLC.

Want: 60%
Smash Veteran with a moveset I don't care about but has high demand.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Can't elaborate today, sorry.

Sylux's chances: 3%
Want: 0%

Snake's chances: 10%
Want: 50%

Crash Bandicoot prediction: 2.30%
Bomberman prediction: 4.39%

Nominations: Sami x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Snake:

Chance 50%. One hand there's a lot of licensing issues, on the other hand Konami and Kojima retweeted a Twitter post about voting Snake in the ballot. And he's arguably the most wanted Veteran back right now.

Want: 70% He's pretty cool and is a cut veteran.

Sylux:

Chance: 4% The good news, he's not an assist trophy(Dark Samus) or a background element/hazzard(Ridley) so he's a got a little better chance. Although he's getting a bit a relevency he's just that requested much.

Want:ABSTAINED Don't know much about him.

Prediction:

Crash: 3.67%

Bomberman: 5.78%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I guess I'll throw in my two cents.

Snake
Chance: 75%

I'll admit, this is mostly just me being optimistic. I really can't shake the feeling that those last two "Mario" slots are reserved for pre-ballot characters. With that feeling comes the assumption that the two will be Wolf and Snake. However, I do understand that Snake is in a serious pickle with the whole Konami and Kojima debacle.
I think he will be back, I hope he will come back. I guess we'll see in time.

Sylux

Chance: 20%

I'll admit, he isn't likely at all. Maybe, Sakurai understands that a Metroid rep is needed so maybe we'll see him, just maybe.

I've always thought Sylux was a cool character and now that Ridley has been shagged to no end by Sakurai, I want Sylux even more. Plus I gotta stick by my bro Liquid on this.

Last edited:

SakachiXAnime+Vocaloid

Smash Rookie
Chance- 80%, I just feel that, since the company he is part of is hurting a bit, getting publicity for a character of their company might help sale's. Plus he was a beloved addition in Brawl, and while his hit box was a little weird, it was fun and unique.

Want- 100%, I loved Snake! He was my main!!! I've gotten better at using Link in Smash 4, but nobody will ever be able to replace Snake for me. I was able to make it pretty far in all the tournaments I entered with him for Brawl. I just really miss him and desire his return.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Snake
Chances: 50%
I see Snake's chances as half and half at this point. I think most are underestimating his chances. Yes, Konami may play a factor in this but it was Kojima who wanted Snake to be in Brawl, not really Konami. Kojima and Sakuarai are still good friends to this day, if they can work something out before the time Kojima have leave after this year, and before the ballot ends then yes, I say bring him back. He has the fanbase so I don't see why not.

I would love to see Snake back in. Most of the arguments against Snake can mostly get thrown out because of well....this guy:4ryu:. Street Fighter hadn't been prominent on Nintendo titles in the past couple of years neither. It's mostly a Sony exclusive franchise now, but yet we got their main star in the game. Just like Street Fighter it doesn't need to have that big of a prominence on Nintendo. They just have to have some history or connection it doesn't need to be that major. Franchises don't always have to fit in with Nintendo universe, as long as the character is fun to play as it shouldn't matter. We don't even know why Snake got cut in the first place, it could be that Kojima or Konami just didn't get contacted this time around. This could be possible, because even during Brawl's time Capcom said numerous of times that they didn't get contacted by neither Nintendo or Sakurai to get a character into Brawl. So it's possible that lost of connectivity between them, but then again we don't really know. Just a little theory here.

Sylux (Not Named Ridley)
Yeah, this is defintly not what most Metroid fans want. They want Ridley. He is the next important character in the Metroid universe after Samus herself. He isn't that prominent in the Metroid franchise and his ballot support seems to somewhat there but it's not enough.

Want: Abstain
I never cared for this character or the game he appeared in so I can kind of care less about this one.

Crash Bandicoot Prediction: 3%
This is just being generous, but this day should be interesting.

Bomberman Prediction: 5%

Nomination: Vaati x2

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Sylux

While he has gained relevancy again thanks to the new Metroid Prime game and is somewhat of a solidly requested character for an added Metroid rep, he is nowhere as popular as Ridley or Dark Samus for a true Smash Bros inclusion. He is also not that important to the franchise either compared to the other two commonly requested Metroid characters.

I hardly know a lot of Sylux to be able to support or dismiss for the Smash Ballot. Perhaps that will change if I pick up the new Metroid Prime game when it comes out.

Snake:

Chance: 30%

He definitely has some great support for his return to Smash Bros as DLC (especially because he was a popular character back in Brawl), and he is easily one of Konami's biggest gaming icons, which helps him considerably well since Sakurai often looks for the most iconic characters when it comes to adding a third party character (not to mention he was also the first third party character to be revealed for a Smash Bros game). However, he was only added in Brawl back then because Kojima begged Sakurai to include back him in Melee, but since it was late in production at the time, Sakurai would have to fulfill Kojima's wishes until Brawl came out.

Even then, Snake doesn't look like he fits in the Smash roster considering he comes from an M-rated game, and with that in mind, this would be another problem considering Sakurai wanted the game to be E10+ back then, even if one could tone down the weapon violence Snake uses (though the Smash roster could use some more gun users). Kojima has also left Konami, and Konami's current situation doesn't seem to be too favorable for Snake either.

I wouldn't mind seeing Snake come back to Smash Bros. Personally, he was definitely one of the coolest characters in the roster despite being the only one to come from an M-rated game. However, I am also more interested in seeing some other third party characters get in, especially Professor Layton (and Jean Descole too, but that's only a personal preference of mine where his chances compared to Layton's isn't that strong).

Predictions:

Crash (Crash Bandicoot): 3.07%
Bomberman (Bomberman): 4.83%

Nominations:
Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x3
Gallade (Pokemon): x2

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Snake:
Chance: 0.1%
Yes, he's a veteran. Yes, fans want him back. It doesn't matter. It's not happening.

Konami has utterly shattered as a company. They're shedding personnel left and right. They're abandoning the console video game market as quickly as they can. At the same time, they're jealously clinging to their IP and reassuring everyone that they can still handle the IP correctly, even without the creators and minds behind the series.

What makes this worse is that Sakurai and Kojima are buddies. So Sakurai has a personal side in the conflict, and it's not the side of the IP owner. Nintendo doesn't have a strong history with the Metal Gear Solid franchise, and Nintendo has no reason to jump through hoops with the collapsing Konami video game bulwark.

It's unfortunate, perhaps, but between the personal conflicts, the licensing conflicts, and Konami's utter meltdown, giving Snake 1 in 1000 odds is still being generous as hell.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sylux
Chance: 10%
Before now, he (it?) had a decent amount of popularity, but due to the fact that he only had one game and a cameo at best, he was pretty under the radar. Now, times have changed for the hunter with a mad hatred for the Federation. With the confirmation that Tanabe wants to do more with the character, his future looks promising and he may start reappearing again, and maybe in time become just as much a mainstay in the series as Ridley has been. However, the key thing with him is that it's thinking ahead with the character. Right now, he hasn't made his full reappearance yet, it's all hypothetical rather then being put into actual reality yet. Additionally, his popularity, while still present, is still not too high up even with the news (at least, compared to other characters), so he's not quite making waves in the ballot just yet. So for me, he's a character that I think will be a frontrunner once we get to Smash 5 if we get that Prime 4, but in terms of now with DLC? I think this time around he'll probably miss out.

Mostly ambivalent, he's never been my favorite hunter (Trace, I miss you!), but he has potential as a character.

Snake
Chance: 25%
I honestly don't know what to make with him. He's a popular veteran who many would like to see return, but for some reason was not put into the initial game. What happened? The most popular reason is intercompany politics, and that's definitely believable considering how much of the drama has leaked out in the news lately. Even if it's not though, whatever it is, it kept him out and that could be the reason he stays out considering I highly doubt he would've missed the initial roster otherwise. Either way, his return is really dependent on what the issues were as he does have the popularity to return, the question is will it be enough to overcome what the initial problems were and if they even can be.

Want: 70%
I know a lot of people who would be happy to see him return, and while I'm mostly ambivalent, he had a fun moveset and it would be good to be able to play with it again.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
@ Laniv Laniv @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan Wow you guys posted less than 30 minutes away from each other with the same Avatar, gave the exact same ratings except for one abstain, gave Crash the same prediction and nearly started your posts with the same reference. You guys are like twins.

Sylux
Chance: 1% - He's going to have a major role in a new Metroid game 3 to 4 years from now. Sakurai would have to be looking way too far ahead. Makes far more sense just to put him in SSB5 when he's finally relevant.
Want: 60% - He's still pretty cool.

Snake
Chance: 30% - It's basically popularity vs Konami.
Want: 40% - This is mostly just because I want "Calling to the Night" back.

Crash prediction: 1% - I expect him to "crash" and burn!!
Bomberman prediction: 2% - I expect him to "bomb"!!

Nominations: Azura x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
I'll be brief for today.

Sylux
Chance: 2%

Snake
Chance: 45%

Predictions:
Crash Bandicoot: 3%
Bomberman: 5%

Nominations:
Gardevoir x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
SYLUX
CHANCE: 9.78%
WANT: 31.98%

SNAKE
CHANCE: 30.71%
WANT: 71.35%

@ TimidKitsune129 TimidKitsune129 I counted your rating. Next up we're rating Crash Bandicoot and Bomberman. Also please predict what scores Vaati (186 nominations) and Tails (177 nominations) will get tomorrow.

I know you guys have been waiting for it. I'll try to get get an updated nominations list up later tonight.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Crash Bandicoot:
Chances: 2.5%
First of all, he's third party. Then there's the fact that he's kind of disappeared and that he's not super requested. I'm only giving him this much chance because he's not a Playstation exclusive character and that he's iconic.
Want: 65%
I like Crash Bandicoot. He's great. I think he deserves to be in Smash, but the only way I can see that happening is if Nintendo buys Crash (which they should).

Bomberman:
Chances: 6%
Oh Konami, you're stupid. Given Konami's situation and that Bomberman would be less of a priority than Snake, his chances are pretty low. Then again, he is super iconic and he fits better than Snake in Smash.
Want: 80%
Bomberman is a pretty cool character and I have always preferred him over Snake and Simon Belmont as a Konami rep in Smash. I'd love for him to be in the game.

Predictions:

Vaati:
30%
Tails: 3%

Nominations: Samurai Goroh 5x

D

Deleted member

Bomberman

Chance: Negligible (Approximately 0%)

Didn’t we just rate a Konami character yesterday? Exactly as my opinions on Snake and Simon are, I doubt Bomberman will be featured in Smash 4 considering to the company’s current situation. I won’t continue to beat on a dead horse, but I will note that the White Bomber’s eponymous IP has been sat on and barely acknowledged ever since its previous owner, Hudson Soft, merged with Konami.

I’m sure he might have some ballot support, but his demand isn’t as high as it used to be during Brawl’s development, at least to my knowledge.

I know of Bomberman, but not enough to form an opinion on him. That being said, I’d probably be happy for his fans if he does make the cut.

Speaking of neglected franchises and corporate mergers…

Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 0%

Just like Spyro, Crash is very heavily associated with PlayStation, even to the point of once being considered Sony’s unofficial mascot by fans, and both characters still suffer that stigma to this day.

Sure, Sony never intended to have a mascot representing itself outside of Japan. True, contrary to popular belief, both Crash and Spyro were never properties of Sony, but rather Universal Interactive, which would later be acquired by Vivendi, which would eventually merge with Activision. (Shocking, I know, but Sony did publish and market the series early on.) Yes, Crash hasn’t been PlayStation-exclusive since the PS1 era, just like Spyro, and the majority of his games released after that period were on Nintendo systems (four of them happened be exclusive to their handhelds while the other five were multiplatform), the only exceptions being several mobile phone spin-offs and one rushed, but admittedly decent 2004 PS2/Xbox title in which a GameCube port was planned, but ultimately cancelled. However, those “merits” I just listed are all moot points because when fans think of Crash, his early heyday as a PlayStation icon usually comes to mind regardless of which corporation holds the IP or how much history he has with any of Sony’s competitors (this is also applicable to Spyro).

Legions of fans requested for Crash and Spyro to be included in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, not Smash Bros., and look at how that turned out. Some fans have been begging Sony, not Nintendo or some third party, to purchase the rights to the Crash Bandicoot IP along with Spyro from Activision. (I’d be very surprised if Sony actually does it, though.) Crash’s and Spyro’s minuscule ballot support reflects the points I've made in this paragraph.

Adding insult to injury to the poor orange marsupial, Crash’s series has been dormant, not seeing a new entry for conventional home consoles and handhelds since Crash: Mind over Mutant soon after the Activision merger in 2008 or any game at all since Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 for mobile phones in 2010. Other projects including the pun-tastically titled Crash Landed and a reimagining of 1999’s PS1 kart-racing classic Crash Team Racing were cancelled while the development team that had worked on the series at the time was LAID OFF. His franchise hasn’t even received the Skylanders treatment like Spyro’s did, and that’s saying a lot.

Speaking of Skylanders, as minuscule as Spyro’s chances may be, if Activision were interested in any of their characters appearing in Smash, they would most certainly rather push for the inclusion of either him or one of his fellow Skylanders as opposed to an irrelevant character that faded into obscurity.

So what merit does Crash have over his Activision brethren, you ask? For a western third party character, he was very popular in Japan, and unlike Spyro, most of his games were released in that region. Not that it really matters much for a dead character and IP, though.

Want: 80%

As a longtime fan, while I’d personally prefer to see Crash in an unlikely PlayStation All-Stars sequel (I can also say the same for Spyro and Snake), I’d still be pleased to see him in featured in Smash as well. In most of his appearances, he was quite an expressive and enjoyable character, plus he has decent moveset potential as seen throughout his series, from a spin attack to a cartoonish bazooka.

Am I fond of what he has become over the years? Alright, I’ll admit the quality of his post-PS1 era games ranged from decent to just downright awful, but unlike Spyro, Crash’s series was never rebooted into something I disliked as a whole… Well, except for that brief phase when he wore glaring tattoos and hijacked his enemies in two mediocre beat-em’-ups, but that was shortly before those concepts were planned to be ditched entirely for Crash Landed, plus Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 restored the cast of characters back to previous designs of theirs. I have no problems with a few of Crash’s older designs and what they represent, though it was unfortunate to see the series be ran into the ground and anticlimactically end with a mobile kart racer.

Predictions:

Vaati - 4.5%

Tails - 2.4%

Nominations: Young Link x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Bomberman
Chance:
1%

Only because of his status as an icon (almost near that of Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man) and some ballot support (he was pretty requested in the Melee days as well).
Unfortunately, Bomberman is basically dead. His franchise is now owned by Konami who not only have these current problems with Nintendo and is going mobile, but hasn't made a new installment to the franchise at all.
He also has to compete with Snake, who I bet people want a lot more...

Goddamn it, finding out that Konami owned Bomberman was the biggest heartbreaker for me and it explains why we haven't seen any new games. ;-; If he got in, a childhood dream of mine would have came true...

Crash Bandicoot
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

He is more of a PlayStation icon rather than a Nintendo icon, has fallen the face of the Earth with his recent releases, and has no ballot support.
As for want, I don't hate him, but I don't have a connection with him.

Vaati Prediction: 7.42%
Not much to say here.
Tails Prediction: 10.49%
Tails is an icon, Sonic fans will heavily request him, Ryu proves that 3rd parties can have two characters. Don't count him out of this fight.

Nominations: Young Link 5x

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Strange that it took so long for these two to get rated, heck we've even had a few rerates before either of their first ratings...it's kinda like they got lapped by other characters...
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 100% THERE WAS A LEAK!!!!!!!!

:troll:
Chance: 2%
Ok, but seriously, you could pretty much use the same arguments for Crash as Spyro, minus the involvement with Skylanders...

Crash Bandicoot was pretty much Sony's Mario back in the day even going as far as involving Crash in various Mario-esque spin-offs, such as Crash Team Racing/Nitro Kart (Mario Kart) and Crash Bash (Mario Party). Also both have been known to ride baby dinosaurs...Some could argue that Crash is a sony character, but that was before 2001's Wrath of Cortex which was multiplat, since then Crash hasn't been exclusive to any console.

Crash who is no longer apart of Naughty Dog is now under the ownership of Activision, who's about as stingy as Square enix with their property.

That and the fact that Crash is pretty much yesterday's news, with even fans of the series not really having any interest in the newer games...

----

Want: 90%
When I was younger I had the Playstation and not an N64...*crowd boos and throws vegetables* I know, I know...but I played quite a bit of Crash bandicoot back in the day and I can say he'd be an awesome character in Smash.
Also a moveset that rights itself, Fruit Bazooka as a neutral B, Death Tornado as a side B, Super Belly Flop as a Down B and as his up B probably something along the same lines as Sonic and Megaman's where he bounces off of a crate, each crate could be something random such as a TNT crate that explodes after 3secs or a Nitro crate that explodes on contact dealing high damage or a bounce crate that acts as Sonic's stationary spring...As a Final Smash He could don Aku Aku and go all Super Sonic on the battlefield or Ride a Baby T-Rex or do all sorts of stuff...And a Neo Cortex Assist Trophy would be sick!

also...best.taunts.ever...

Just....keep his old Naughty Dog design please...nowadays he just looks too...cheery...

----

Bomberman

Chance: 3%
Similarily to Crash, Bomberman was under the ownership of another company, in this case Hudson Soft, before his series was bought out by Konami. Which currently is not in a very good state. Konami is falling apart at the seems and one of their top names, Kojima, leaving them. I can't help think that if Bomberman was going to arrive for DLC, it would be after the beloved veteran Snake.

Bomberman is a character that has been quite fairly well requested, as I remember seeing his name popping up almost as much as Megaman's before his Smash reveal (maybe not nearly on the same level but enough to be noticed)...His popularity has dropped off a fair bit I've noticed as well, possibly because of Snake, and his possible priority over Bomberman as Konami's rep. though I feel like if snake makes it in, and the new fan-made rule 'third parties get two reps', that Bomberman may follow...Even though Bomberman isn't created by Konami, but still is a smash worthy icon at least.

----

He'd be cool to use methinks. He's a gaming icon and would fit in with the current third party characters! I'd imagine he'd work similarly to Snake actually, mainly by being a trap oriented character, setting up explosive and such. One such trap working like Smash's X-Bomb cept probably not as potent for the sake of balance.

----

Predictions:
Vaati: 2.3%
A recurring Zelda villain, not really as well requested as other Zelda characters; Impa, Tetra, Toon Zelda, and Ganon; and not nearly as popular as Zelda's NPC's Midna, Ghirahim, Skull Kid and Tingle...

Tails: 10.1%
Ryu's opened the door, but will sakurai invite a second Sonic rep? Bayonetta is the only other Sega character on people's radars but Tails has a long history in gaming unlike the Angel and Demon slaying witch...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
Concept: Metroid Prime Stage x2
(not this)
:frigate:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Crash
Chance: 0%
Next-to-no Demand.
Icon of the PS1 era and basically died off afterwards.
Spyro has everything he has but a stronger tie to Nintendo due to Skylanders.

Want: 10%
I liked his games but I don't want to see him on the roster.

Bomberman
A non-veteran Snake with less demand but doesn't have a Kojima issue.

One of few 3rd Parties I want to see at this point.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Crash
Chance 4%
Want 2%

Bomberman
Chance 5%
Want 10%

Predictions
Vatti 7%
Tails 7%

Nomination

Smash 5 has a 10 year wait cycle x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm tired now, so I'm keeping this short. Both characters are pretty much the same anyway.

Chance: 1%
Want: 0%

Both are third-party, so I'm biased against them. But both are owned by a company who would probably rather put someone else in (Konami, Snake would be most likely b/c of veteran status; Activision, Spyro's the mascot). Since neither is represented in the base game, we're most likely getting one max third-party from either company, so it won't be the second choice. Besides, we haven't heard much from either in a while...

Predictions: Both 3.5%

Nom: Classic mode return x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Crash Bandicoot:

Chance: 0.5%

A dead third-party franchise associated A LOT with Sony... Eh.. Crash at least is most popular than Spyro in Japan.

Hey! Actually I know this guy since I was a child... and his games was really fun.

Bomberman:

Chance: 1%

It's a Konami Character now... And Konami LOVES leave in the can trash their franchises.

He is one of the Third Party with games in practically all the Nintendo consoles.

Predictions: Vaati and Tails

Vaati Chance: 5%
Tails Chance: 8%

Nominations:

Adeleine x5

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm actually liking these want ratings for Crash.... WHY DONT YOU GUYS GO VISIT HIS SUPPORT THREAD ONCE IN A WHILE :c haha

I've been waiting for this:

Crash:
Chances - 4%

Yes yes, Crash is 3rd party, blah blah blah. Crash was originally made so that Sony can have a mascot to rival both Sonic and Mario. While that never quite happened, Crash Bandicoot was turned into a common game that people in the mid 1990s played and enjoyed. Crash was not ever really associated with Nintendo at this time, but his spin-offs looked in Nintendo's direction for inspiration.

Since Sony never truly owned the rights to Crash, being Universal Interactive, Naughty Dog dropped their ownership of the character to make Sony other games such as Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, and Last of Us. Crash made his debut on Nintendo systems on the Gamecube and Gameboy Advanced through Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex and The Huge Adventure, respectively. This started Crash's short entrance into Nintendo systems.

As of recent, Crash has fallen off the face of the Earth and has been neglected by the company that owns him now, with hardly a chance of a future game, much like Mega Man with Capcom. If Crash was put in the game, I would honestly cry the most righteous of tears ever. This could very well be his resting grounds just like Megs (lets face it, Mega Man is a joke to Capcom now). It would be wonderful for Nintendo to adopt both Crash and Mega Man, but that won't be happening any time soon.

Sure Crash has little ballot support, but the support is still there. Just not as strong as the other few. If I had to choose one more third party it'd definitely be this orange marsupial. We'd have 5 Video Game mascots (not counting Ryu since Mega Man was the original mascot) in one game! It was already plenty amazing with Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man, having Crash would be amazing. He is an iconic character, although being Playstation Exclusive back then when most played Nintendo has a lot of people putting him behind other third parties.

I love you Crash, you helped shape my childhood along with Mario and hopefully you at least get a good game soon.

Bomberman
Want: 40%

He's cool I guess. I'd rather have Snake instead since he was already in

And with that I bid this thread a small farewell. I'll most likely be back at times, but now that Crash, Daisy, and my unfortunate miss with Paper Mario are done, I don't really need to be here anymore.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot

Chance - 0% - Being more requested for PlayStation all-stars tells you allot, yet not even going in there, and when he hasn't had a game for years while also having a Character that's more important to Nintendo nowadays in Spyro, yeah, I can't see him.

Want - 30% - Way too many better third parties out there.

Bomberman

Chance - 1.15% - I can only see him if Snake gets in first. That's a tall order in and of itself. Once that's done and over with, it's more difficult to say if they will go the extra mile. I can't say for certain.

Want - 60% - Not bad at all, though there are better third paries out there.

Predictions

Vaati - 4.53% - Okay-ish due to being the Villain to Toon Link.

Tails - 1.99% - Little support due to being third party.

Nominations
Secondary Ballot X5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Crash Bandicoot:

Chance:1%

He's a lot more associated with playstation than he is with Nintendo.

Want:10% He's cool but I don't really want him in Smash.

Bomberman:

He would be a very obvious 3rd Party choice due to his history with Nintendo. Unfortunately his series is more less dead and is now owned by Konami. In which case Snake is a higher priority.

Want:100% Besides Lloyd he's my pick for a 3rd party character.

Prediction:

Vaati: 6.59%

Tails: 2.43%

Nominate Mother 3 Stage x10.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Konami starts falling apart, Snake's situation seems significantly worse than before...and yet, his Chance score in here increases. Take from that what you will.

Meanwhile, here're a pair of third party candidates who'd kill to even have Snake's chances.

--

Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 0.75%
And we thought Spyro was in poor straits? Crash's whole series has been dormant for years now, with its two most recent projects canceled mid-development! It'd certainly be hard to give a vote of confidence for a character whose shot at relevance has been quashed by his own patron company!

Then there's his former company to take into account. Crash got his big break with the PS1, and even though he's been multiplat for a while now, he's still associated far more with Sony than Nintendo. I could see an argument for him getting into another PASBR if one happens, but I can't say he'd fit very well in a lineup of Nintendo's all stars and a few special guests who've done prominent things with Nintendo.

I haven't had much experience with his games, either.

Yes, it's a money thing. How'd you guess? >_>

Bomberman

Chance: 4%
Alright, a third party candidate whose games I have played! Though Bomberman is more of a second-tier character as far as third parties go, he has had a pretty solid presence on Nintendo systems. As a master of explosives with a lot of different types of bombs from throughout his series, he could bring a playstyle all his own...if he were to make it.

And therein lies the problem.

As it's been mentioned already, Bomberman is a Konami character nowadays. You know, the company is some very deep trouble right now? The one canceling games left and right, making a beeline for the bandwagon that is mobile gaming, and generally doing little to nothing with most of their IPs? If Snake could have trouble getting into Smash, what does that say about Bomberman's chances?

He'd be kind of cool, I guess. I have some concerns about his A moves, but if there was a workaround for it, I'd be at least a little interested.

Vaati Prediction: 5.50%

Zelda fans are still clamoring for a newcomer...but Vaati isn't on the radar of most of them.

Tails Prediction: 5.25%
A second Sega character could happen now...but that doesn't mean it's necessarily likely.

Nominations: Absol x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Here it is. The updated Nomination Chart​
Sora - 174
Black Mage - 172
Concept: Homecomeing Hijinx Music - 169
Waluigi - 165
Tingle - 165
Absol - 164
Medusa - 157
Black Shadow - 156
Lloyd Irving - 154
Agnes Oblige - 148
Sami - 147
Tetrimino - 138
Jill Valentine - 128
Concept: Style Savvy Character - 123
Concept: No DLC after Ballot - 115
Concept: All veterans return - 110
Jean Descole - 102
Azura - 100
Concept: Moonstruck Blossom Music - 98
Hades - 94
Concept - DLC Melee/Brawl Style Classic Mode - 94
Tiki - 90
Concept: DLC Adventure/Story mode - 88
Concept: Mother 3 Stage - 83
Ghirahim - 80
Talim - 79
Concept: SSB5 has a 10 year wait period - 78
Concept: Ms. Pacman costume - 75
Nabbit - 70
Adeleine - 69
Concept: New Star Fox Character revealed around Star Fox Wii U release - 66
Concept: New Kirby Stage from New Kirby Game - 65
Mallo (Pushmo) - 64
Concept: Advance Wars rep - 56
Concept: This is the Last SSB - 51
Professor Eggman - 49
Gallade - 48
Leon Powalski - 47
Fossil Hero - 47
Monster Hunter - 46
Django - 44
Starman - 43
Rerate: Young Link - 40
Concept - Smash Run for Wii U - 40
Lana - 39
Isaac (Binding of Isaac) - 38
Alexandra Roivas - 37
Rerate: Shantae - 37
Concept: Secondary Ballot - 37
Terra Branford - 36
Anthony Higgs - 36
Galacta Knight - 36
Concept: Namco or Sega get a 2nd rep - 36
Captain Syrup - 35
Prince Fluff - 35
Rerate: Chibi Robo - 35
N - 33
Rerate: Pichu - 33
Rerate: Paper Mario - 33
Klonoa - 31
Concept: Pirate Ship Stage - 31
Concept: DLC used to promote new game - 31
Rerate: Rayman - 30
Saki - 29
Gooey - 28
Bubsy - 27
Jin Kazama - 26
Concept: More DLC Custom Moves - 26
Serperior - 25
Concept: 4th Mii Fighter Type - 25
Endou Mamoru - 23
Excitebiker - 22
Cranky - 22
Shy Guy 21
King Boo - 21
Gardevoir - 20
Fiora - 20
Dragon Quest Hero - 20
Rerate: Wolf - 20
Concept: Unpopular DLC Character - 20%
Concept: remix DLC Music - 20
Abraham Lincoln (Code Name S.T.E.A.M.) - 19
Golden Sun Issac - 18
Isa - 16
Impa - 16
Doshin the Giant - 16
Mike Jones - 16
Rundas - 15
Chrom - 15
Captain Rainbow - 15
Isabelle - 15
Nester - 15
Ryu Hayabusa - 15
Sturm - 15
Young Cricket - 15
Muddy Mole - 15
Samurai Goroh - 15
Sukapon - 15
DK jr - 15
Porky - 15
Poochy - 15
Concept: Most Popular Character by Region - 13
Rerate: Bandanna Dee - 12
Rerate: Spyro - 11
Mother Brain - 10
Jirachi - 10
Viruses - 10
Concept: Boss Battle Mode - 10
Concept: SSB5 is a Playstation All Stars Crossover - 8
Concept: Full Ken alt - 10
Concept: Next SSB will have a new director - 8%
Neku - 5
Goemon - 5
Henry - 5
Slippy - 5
Party Phil - 5
Rerate: Elma - 5
Concept: Rhythm Heaven Team made up of popular Rhythm Heaven Characters - 5
Concept: SSB4 has an NX Port - 5
Cloud - 4
Rerate Concept: DLC Alternate Costume - 4
Rerate: Simon Belmont - 3
Qbby - 1
Pious Augustus - 1
Achilles - 1
Rerate: Lip - 1
Rerate Crono - 1
Rerate: Jibanyan - 1

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Another extra votes? Finally, things can get done faster that way. B)

Crash Bandicoot

Chance - 8% - Everything I said for Spyro the last time can easily apply to him, but the only difference is the lack of Skylanders being close to Nintendo. So that not only puts him in a worst position, but it means that he is less relevant that the dragon these days.

Want - 30% - Like the guy, but there are MANY third parties I'd prefer over him. No Craptivision representation for you, not even something as dumb as a Call of Duty soldier.

Bomberman

Chance - 15% - Insert AlphaOmegaSin's "**** you! Konami" here again. Unlike Snake, his ballot support is a much smaller despite its presence. At least he has more requests than another fellow Konami character that fights vampires.

Want - 95% - His Super Smash Flash 2 portrayal gives you an idea of how the White Bomber can work and his bomb manipulation can serve for a fantastic moveset. The Bomberman fan in me had loved the idea of him being in Smash for years and I would never get over being leak down by that fake leak in the past. That being said, I would be honored to chuck bombs the right way instead of using Link's sad excuse of explosives.

Predictions

Vaati - 5%

Tails - 2%

Nominations
Style Savvy X5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Crash chances: 100%
Why are we rating this? It already happened.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/06/military-plane-crashes-indonesian-city-150630061736330.html

Crash want: 0%
No thanks. Helicopters crashing in Argentina, Airbus crashing in the Alps, and now this, I'm tired of these. So many undeserved deaths.

... oh wait, wrong Crash? And we're rating it in the context of a Smash Bros. character? Okay then.

Crash Bandicoot chances: 0.2%
A former unofficial Sony mascot who was one of Mario's rivals at the time, and I believe the games he's mostly known for are on Playstation, but he didn't leave very much influence and legacy within the Nintendo universe compared to Sonic. He was very popular at his time, so I guess it counts for something.

Crash Bandicoot want: 5%
And I can't say I'm interested. I have little connection with him, and there are other third-party characters who I think would be better choices. Though I guess if I had to choose one of the two Crashes I'd rather have him :p

-----

Speaking of other third-party characters who I think would be better choices for Smash...

Bomberman chances: 2.11%
Definitely a famous gaming character who had a quite important influence on Nintendo, appearing for example in the first ever game where Wario was playable. His games a pretty well-known for their maze-based, multiplayer gameplay, and they have quite a decent legacy on gaming as a whole. Third-party status, or more specifically, Konami ownership, a company not in the best position right now, combined with the apparent lack of demand (or at least a vocal one) makes him unlikely though.

Bomberman want: 75%
Despite the fact I never played a Bomberman game, I still knew who he was and I'm aware of his fame. Plus a character specialized in bombs in his entire moveset seems to be an interesting concept and I'd be curious to see how it translates in Smash. One of the best possible choices for a third-party newcomer character in my opinion.

-----

And with Snake's rerate here's the new chances and want chart! He managed to increase his ranking in chances and managed to do a fantastic apparition high in the top 10 of want!

Top 10 of chances:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/162816RTCDLCTop10chances6.png

Top 10 of want:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/426857RTCDLCTop10want5.png

Vaati prediction: 6.60%
Being a recurring villain is the main thing he has going for him.

Tails prediction: 14%
Ryu opened the floodgate that held him back... or maybe the "one per third-party company" was a corruption of a "one per third-party series" unwritten rule which arguably makes more sense in hindsight? But even then that's an unwritten rule that may be broken.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice thank you for the up-to-date nomination list! Tetrimino's day is relatively close, I can't wait for it to happen!
Regardless of the inevitable flood of zeroes which is coming.

Edit: the DLC custom moves concept in the nomination list is not a rerate of "DLC characters get custom moves" but rather something completely different, actually it's the idea of giving more custom moves to already existing characters through DLC, just like how Miis got more costumes and hats as DLC. I started nominating this concept in the earliest RTC DLC days but I stopped doing so when Mewtwo was released without custom moves, for reasons I guess I don't have to explain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom