• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, that was...disappointing. I wasn't expecting any Smash news, but I was expecting something for the general Nintendo fan. Seriously, are they releasing nothing but Mario Maker?

This came off like a dubbed Japan direct. Everything was either heavily JRPG or super kawaii cutesy. Seriously, that Mario Party knockoff with Animal Crossing had chance cards so saccharine they would make the Brady Bunch would roll their eyes. And now that I've seen more of Yokai Watch, I can definitely see the resemblance to Pokémon, and it has Replacement Scrappy written all over it. Does Nintendo even listen anymore? I don't know a single fan who hasn't been begging for a Pokémon Snap remake using the Game Pad as a camera screen. Plus: no Donkey Kong, no Metroid (actual game), no F-Zero, etc.

And even in all that, we got no information on Amiibo release dates.

The main problem with Nintendo is the lack of new announcements. People are already saying the Wii U is dead and NX is coming earlier than 2017, but I still don't see it.
This scares me. I just got my WiiU less than a year ago because of Smash and Hyrule Warriors, and now it's already obsolete? I thought this generation of consoles just started, and it's over already? I haven't even gotten my this-gen grownup console yet, and once Nintendo goes over, Sony and Microsoft will follow. I think this is the first year that nothing is being released for the 360/PS3; now we have to upgrade again in under two years?

I think I know why Nintendo's not moving WiiU units - they're not making games exclusively for them! There are four major console sellers for Nintendo: Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario platformer, and full-out Zelda game. (Pokémon is a handheld seller). But here, the MK game is the only true seller of the WiiU; the Mario game isn't even mentioned, Zelda is being delayed (and is starting to sound like Twilight Princess - delay it long enough to be a launch title for the next gen), and Smash was released on two consoles - one of which is severely underpowered compared to the other, and people already have. Is it a shock that not many people bought a WiiU for Smash since they can play the same game for a handheld which is both cheaper and already in their house? Nintendo is killing its own sales by not making the WiiU be the center of gaming. After all, we heard about moslty 3DS things in the E3 presentation.

[/end rant]

But on topic, if we do switch to next gen already, I doubt we'll get a good smash game for it. SSB4 is too new, and we're trying to get DLC - DLC which won't come if they axe the console already. And Sakurai's tired, so he needs a break - there's usually 6 years between Smash games. At this rate, Nintendo will be on another generation before we even get Smash 5!

Serell

Smash Apprentice
But on topic, if we do switch to next gen already, I doubt we'll get a good smash game for it. SSB4 is too new, and we're trying to get DLC - DLC which won't come if they axe the console already. And Sakurai's tired, so he needs a break - there's usually 6 years between Smash games. At this rate, Nintendo will be on another generation before we even get Smash 5!
I don't think we'll get a Smash 5 for the new console. This game is so packed-full of content, it's going to be incredibly hard to top this, especially because of DLC. I think instead we're going to get "Super Smash Bros: Deluxe Edition" for the next console, which will just be sm4sh with all the DLC, maybe a fews new stages, and only one newcomer, being the ice climbers.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think we'll get a Smash 5 for the new console. This game is so packed-full of content, it's going to be incredibly hard to top this, especially because of DLC. I think instead we're going to get "Super Smash Bros: Deluxe Edition" for the next console, which will just be sm4sh with all the DLC, maybe a fews new maps, and only one newcomer, being the iceclimbers.
No, if anything, they'll port it and add additional new characters on top of it. I definitely don't expect more than a port + new content.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
No, if anything, they'll port it and add additional new characters on top of it. I definitely don't expect more than a port + new content.
Isn't that exactly what I said? Port + new content (being some stages and ice climbers?)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, that was...disappointing. I wasn't expecting any Smash news, but I was expecting something for the general Nintendo fan. Seriously, are they releasing nothing but Mario Maker?

This came off like a dubbed Japan direct. Everything was either heavily JRPG or super kawaii cutesy. Seriously, that Mario Party knockoff with Animal Crossing had chance cards so saccharine they would make the Brady Bunch would roll their eyes. And now that I've seen more of Yokai Watch, I can definitely see the resemblance to Pokémon, and it has Replacement Scrappy written all over it. Does Nintendo even listen anymore? I don't know a single fan who hasn't been begging for a Pokémon Snap remake using the Game Pad as a camera screen. Plus: no Donkey Kong, no Metroid (actual game), no F-Zero, etc.

And even in all that, we got no information on Amiibo release dates.
Well, IGN did say that it was the "new Pokemon" of this decade and I can tell that Blue would gloat about how it would be very successful in the West. :troll:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I may even be okay with that...if I didn't spend so much so recently on the game plus DLC plus a console.

I think this generation needs to be given a chance, before just euthanizing it immediately. And that basically means that if Nintendo wants us to get WiiUs, then they should show us what it can do, and stop porting everything to 3DS.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I may even be okay with that...if I didn't spend so much so recently on the game plus DLC plus a console.

I think this generation needs to be given a chance, before just euthanizing it immediately. And that basically means that if Nintendo wants us to get WiiUs, then they should show us what it can do, and stop porting everything to 3DS.
I don't think they're going to euthanize it. I don't think the NX is a direct replacement for Wii U and 3DS.

D

Deleted member

Well that was... disappointing.
The thing that Sony did was that they brought hype to their conference. Look at all of the amazing games they announced! They even had two big surprises up their sleeve; the announcement of a FF7 remake and the resurgence of The Last Guardian.
Now we have Nintendo and... well...
The only things that I found noteworthy were Xenoblade X's release date, FE: Fates, Star Fox Zero, and Paper Jam, and 3/4 I expected and knew already existed.
We at least got a new Metroid, but it definitely wasn't the one that we were wanting or expecting.
Come to think of it, we got 6 games that we didn't know about. Two Mario games, two Metroid games (though, they weren't what people wanted), one Zelda game (HW doesn't count), and one AC game. That's... bad.
It's sad that Smash was the most hype thing for me this week, and it's odd because that game is already released and there were leaks one day before the event.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
It's sad that Smash was the most hype thing for me this week, and it's odd because that game is already released and there were leaks one day before the event.
Same for me, honestly. We knew almost everything about the direct, and I was still hyped about it. And the things we DIDN'T know were amazing beyond reason. Hyrule Castle returning? I shouted so loud my family ran up to see what was wrong.

And the DLC is a great way to hype us up. I don't think it escaped Nintendo's notice that Smash DLC was released, and then the eShop magically was overloaded for a few hours. Or that they announce some amiibo, and then they sell out in seconds. Maybe they should look into catering to that hype...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm sorry the hype train crashed for many of you guys. The Twitter feed I checked this morning was satisfying enough for me, so I don't think I'll be watching the direct this year. I personally hold E3 2014 as Nintendo's finest hour - Splatoon really helped them win the show that year, and so did the amiibo, as well as Pac-Man, Mii Fighters and Lady Palutena. Trying to replicate that would be a tough act to follow.

At least a new Metroid game was announced, and it's nice to hear Platinum are working on Star Fox Zero. Now I just need to calm down the Krystal and K. Rool threads, which would be impossible at this time.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
So, Metroid Prime Trilogy is my FAVORITE GAME OF ALL-TIME. If I had to choose between the two, I would literally never play Smash again if it was the only way to for a new proper Metroid Prime game to exist.

My thoughts on Metroid Prime: Federation Force:

Since I know in my heart Retro is working on THE Metroid Prime 4, I think it's a pretty cool universe-expansion subgame to hold people over while Retro Studios works on the inevitable Wii U game. It's nice to see the universe get some things outside of the Samus Aran story. I think of Blastball like what a Quidditch game would be while waiting for a great Harry Potter game, and the main 4-player co-op missions as what it's like to play as someone who does't have the isolated freedom of our beloved bounty hunter.

EDIT:

but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

instead of pissing a lot of people off

They should have said "Retro Studios is working on the next MAIN entry in the Prime series for Wii U, and we will have more to show you about that at a later date."

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Overall...it was pretty meh, but not nearly as bad as the over-reactors have acted. The small amount of major content was a big strike against it, and it felt like over half the Direct in particular was focused on games we already knew of. And from a personal standpoint, I dislike the direction Star Fox Zero went with. A interquel based on the older games, with the same kind of canned dialog, can only go so far nowadays, and I hope they didn't decide to do that solely because of the vocal minority who acted like everything beyond 64 didn't deserve to exist.

On the other hand...Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam looks interesting, Metroid Prime: Federation Force seems cool as an expanded universe-type game to hold people over until the next main Metroid game, and Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World look as good as ever...although they didn't need as much time in the spotlight as they had.

And even if I'm not big on the Smash characters we got, the fact that they're cranking them out so quickly gives promise to how many more we could end up getting. Ten total feels like a sure thing now, and even 15 might not be out of the question.

In hindsight, the patch leak really killed what would've been a bombshell of an announcement. "You thought we were only working on Lucas? Here, have three characters, three stages, a ton of Mii costumes, and oh by the way they're all available RIGHT NOW."

Imagine what the internet would've done.

But instead...well, you saw what happened earlier.

I guess this proves more than ever that these leaks help no one.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Which characters are we rating after E3, totally recommend Paper Mario.
(Maybe Jibanyan again too)
Overall...it was pretty meh, but not nearly as bad as the over-reactors have acted. The small amount of major content was a big strike against it, and it felt like over half the Direct in particular was focused on games we already knew of. And from a personal standpoint, I dislike the direction Star Fox Zero went with. A interquel based on the older games, with the same kind of canned dialog, can only go so far nowadays, and I hope they didn't decide to do that solely because of the vocal minority who acted like everything beyond 64 didn't deserve to exist.

On the other hand...Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam looks interesting, Metroid Prime: Federation Force seems cool as an expanded universe-type game to hold people over until the next main Metroid game, and Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World look as good as ever...although they didn't need as much time in the spotlight as they had.

And even if I'm not big on the Smash characters we got, the fact that they're cranking them out so quickly gives promise to how many more we could end up getting. Ten total feels like a sure thing now, and even 15 might not be out of the question.

In hindsight, the patch leak really killed what would've been a bombshell of an announcement. "You thought we were only working on Lucas? Here, have three characters, three stages, a ton of Mii costumes, and oh by the way they're all available RIGHT NOW."

Imagine what the internet would've done.

But instead...well, you saw what happened earlier.

I guess this proves more than ever that these leaks help no one.
Agreed, I'm not sure if I want to leak ahead anymore.

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Krystal needs a rerate ASAP imo.
Yeah, she is Dead now...(?)
well... we didn't know yet.
SF Zero looks like a new reboot of the franchise, but we don't know how "long" the game might be...
so I don't think we need to do the Re-rating ASAP... maybe As soon as we get more information "ASAWGMI"?
but being honest... I don't think we get her in this iteration, even if she gets in the game...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A Metroid game was a fair prediction for E3.

What nobody could have predicted was the intense backlash from the spinoff we received.

PK_Wonder already said it, but if they said that Metroid Prime 4 was in the works, the salt would have died down considerably. I mean, the first Metroid spinoff(Hunters) was made in between one game(Echoes) and the other(Corruption), so why should this be any different?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

instead of pissing a lot of people off

They should have said "Retro Studios is working on the next MAIN entry in the Prime series for Wii U, and we will have more to show you about that at a later date."
That's because Retro's not working on Metroid lol.

A Metroid game was a fair prediction for E3.

What nobody could have predicted was the intense backlash from the spinoff we received.

PK_Wonder already said it, but if they said that Metroid Prime 4 was in the works, the salt would have died down considerably. I mean, the first Metroid spinoff(Hunters) was made in between one game(Echoes) and the other(Corruption), so why should this be any different?
Isn't it totally possible a new Metroid just, well, isn't in development? That they're still looking for ideas on how to continue the series, the EXACT SAME THING they said last year?

Metroid: Other M really ruined the franchise for everyone, even Nintendo. Nintendo's not even sure how to approach this anymore. This game is intended to say "Metroid's not dead!" while they try and figure out the best way to approach new games in the future.

Retro has gone out and said they'd like to do a new Metroid game in the future. Its really difficult for me to read that and instantly assume "OMG Retro MUST be working on a new Metroid!!!!"

Whatever Retro is working on they were definitely far enough along to show it off; they stated that they weren't sure if it'd be at this E3 or not.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That's because Retro's not working on Metroid lol.

Isn't it totally possible a new Metroid just, well, isn't in development? That they're still looking for ideas on how to continue the series, the EXACT SAME THING they said last year?

Metroid: Other M really ruined the franchise for everyone, even Nintendo. Nintendo's not even sure how to approach this anymore. This game is intended to say "Metroid's not dead!" while they try and figure out the best way to approach new games in the future.

Retro has gone out and said they'd like to do a new Metroid game in the future. Its really difficult for me to read that and instantly assume "OMG Retro MUST be working on a new Metroid!!!!"

Whatever Retro is working on they were definitely far enough along to show it off; they stated that they weren't sure if it'd be at this E3 or not.
Pretty absolute statement there. Nobody knows what Retro is working on, so saying that they aren't working on Metroid flat out is rather unfair to say.

Yes, it is possible that there isn't a new Metroid in development, but until we know that, either by direct confirmation or whenever they show the game, it's not exactly reasonable to say "new project? Not Metroid lol" since you rule out it's existence entirely when there is evidence to say it could happen.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Pretty absolute statement there. Nobody knows what Retro is working on, so saying that they aren't working on Metroid flat out is rather unfair to say.

Yes, it is possible that there isn't a new Metroid in development, but until we know that, either by direct confirmation or whenever they show the game, it's not exactly reasonable to say "new project? Not Metroid lol" since you rule out it's existence entirely when there is evidence to say it could happen.
I was joking about the "Retro's not doing Metroid" statement--sure, things could change and they could ultimately do it, but based on what we know its extremely unlikely Retro is doing it. But regardless, if you insist:

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/03/retro-hopes-to-work-on-metroid/

You can't read that and tell me they have any plans to do Metroid right now. They clearly state they don't.

Not saying a new Metroid game isn't in development, but I think its just as likely that they're still looking at ideas and don't know what to do next. There's no guarantee whatsoever that a proper Metroid title is in development.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was joking about the "Retro's not doing Metroid" statement--sure, things could change and they could ultimately do it, but based on what we know its extremely unlikely Retro is doing it. But regardless, if you insist:

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/03/retro-hopes-to-work-on-metroid/

You can't read that and tell me they have any plans to do Metroid right now. They clearly state they don't.

Not saying a new Metroid game isn't in development, but I think its just as likely that they're still looking at ideas and don't know what to do next. There's no guarantee whatsoever that a proper Metroid title is in development.
I'll give you that, but consider that the interview was made a year ago. Opinions and possibilities can change in that time. Not saying that they have changed now, but it's something to consider.

Also consider that the industry will outright lie to press outlets if it means surprise, such as how The Last Of Us was marketed. Not saying it's happening here, but I'm giving precedent in the event that it does.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Today was originally planned to be a cool down day, but seeing as how this years E3 was kind of underwhelming, I'm not sure we need one. Anyone in favour of starting satifaction ratings now?

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Just got home, and I've got lots of stuff to do before tomorrow (graduation yay!), so I'll make this about as quick as I can.
Mostly everything that was shown could either fit into "Nothing has changed for me" (Yoshi, Mario Maker, FE:IF), "I need to see more before I judge this" (Metroid, Mario and Luigi + Paper) or "Not my cup of tea so I'm not going to judge this" (Animal Crossing, StarFox, Xenoblade, and most everything else).
SMTxIR#FE being an exception, as I am even more excited for it now that I've seen more.

EDIT
oh hey look my excellent timing strikes again, kinda
I don't think a cooldown day is needed anymore, so sure, let's do satisfaction ratings today.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just realized. The Smash Direct was part of E3.
They (sort of) kept the pattern and revealed three characters with one being from a third party.
That's... not exactly true, though. They revealed Lucas months prior, he's not a "new" character.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Let's go with satisfaction now. I think we're already cooled down from E3 - considering it was technically two days ago...

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
The fact that they even mentioned the NX had brought me down even with the lack of games bought me down even more. All they really had was Super Mario Maker. We at least got half of this year left with the Wii U and then maybe next they'll start talking or hint the NX in a future direct and then make its big reveal next year. I'm not sure if it's replacing the Wii U but, you have to admit they're not being subtle about it anymore.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Alright we're back to ratings, please rate your satisfaction scores with the following:
1. Roy
2. Ryu
3. The SSB mini direct.
4. The Nintendo direct.
5. All of E3 including 3rd party titles.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
1. Roy: 60% - He's better than I expected. Still not a character I wanted, asked for, or will likely touch other than when Random tell me to.
2. Ryu: 80% - Roy's situation but FAR more creatively handled for being the kind of "standard" Fighter character that so many others, including Mario to an extent, emulated.
3. SSB Mini Direct: 60% - The stages were the only things that really got me excited. Tournament mode delayed another 2 months, 2 characters I couldn't care less for and Lucas who I wanted in solely for his fans. More pointless Mii Costumes, NO GUILE'S THEME, and more people claiming Inklings are deconfirmed.
4. Nintendo @ E3: 40% - A LOT of updates on old games, and of the 7 new ones there are only 2 that interested me... one of which is NOT the way I wanted that sequel to happen. It wasn't attrocious, but lackluster is far more fitting.
5. E3 2015 as a Whole: 30% - Ubisoft's entire thing was Garbage, Sony had only a few things of interest and most came from Squeenix. Microsoft had a good indie game. I couldn't care less for anything in Bethesda's presentation besides the mobile FallOut Game, and EA's biggest interest was that Minions game. When it's time to shove consoles, 3DS and Mobile are the only big pushes I got and only for a few games each. Xenoblade X and SMT x FE may very well be the last WiiU games I purchase.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
:4feroy: 90%, after playing him. I'm not convinced we needed five Fire Emblem characters, but he plays great and adds a lot to the metagame.
:4ryu: 100%, both before and after playing him. Plus he comes with a stage

Smash Mini Direct - 92.5% We have a great future, with the Smash ballot, more stages, and tourney mode. It was a little disappointing that only two future returning stages were confirmed, along with "we might not be able to do many more" or however it was phrased. But overall this was one of the best moments for me of the last few days. Great stage choices for what we did get, Ryu and Roy trailers were awesome, great Mii costumes and it ALL RELEASED THAT DAY. Hype.

Digital Event - 40% What was shown was all fine, but no major new games that fans had been begging for. It had personality and fun and charm and was classy... but the content made it feel like a Direct from any old month.

Bethesda - 95%
Microsoft - 30%
EA - 70%
Ubisoft - 80%
Sony - 95%
Square Enix - 80% (+15% for amazing KH III reveal)

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Alright we're back to ratings, please rate your satisfaction scores with the following:
1. Roy
2. Ryu
3. The SSB mini direct.
4. The Nintendo direct.
5. All of E3 including 3rd party titles.
Roy: 100%

DAT DESING, ROY'S LOOKS INCREDIBLE, the de-cloned moveset is also too cool, I love his FS.

Ryu: 100%

SERIOUSLY! Dat inputs... dat references, two final smash, DAT FREAKING GIMMICK

SSB Mini Direct: 80%

AWESOME!, but is a shame that everything (except the other 64's stages) get leaked.

Nintendo Direct (Digital Event): 60%

Meh to Okay... Good Things, Meh Things... It's okay to me.

E3 in General: 75%

Somethings low the score (Meh Things, Anual Series stolen time, etc) but overall I like it.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:4feroy: 70%
Wasn't too excited about him in the first place, so I am pleasantly surprised. He was decently Luigified, and I like his new reverse-grip animations for some of his attacks. It really wasn't until after I downloaded him that I actually got excited for his return. Welcome home, Roy.
:4ryu: 75%
Interesting. I don't like third-parties, and I hope we're not getting too many more at all. Howver, he looks awesome, and even having played no Street Fighter, I know of the franchise and I can recognize Ryu, making him an example of a classic third-party who should be in the game. His stage is also beautiful. Pretty tough to play, but I do like him a lot more than I let on.
SSB Direct: 90%
I've gotta give it a high score, and the only reason it lost points was the leaks. I'd really have liked to get a hint about who's next, but I kinda also want a surprise (hopefully a good one - Wolf, K.Rool, Ridley, or HW Ganon). The bits of the direct that were surprising - the fact that more stages are in development, including Hyrule Castle, was incredible. And I would have flipped to find out that the characters were released that day if I hadn't surmised that from the leak.
E3 Event: 10%
I saw bits of it at work, and I was more interested in the heat transfer equations I was doing than the event. Nothing fascinating in terms of games coming out except maybe StarFox 0. Otherwise, I was seriously bored. Seemed like Nintendo doesn't care what we wanted to see, but only rehashed what we knew or didn't need.
E3 as a whole: 80%
Didn't watch much, but I was only looking for specific things. And what I wanted to see was glorious.

1. Roy 100% my avi is roy. What do you expect? Much better than i expected and i actually wanted him

2. Ryu 100% probably my new favorite character
He is so much fun to play. Focus attack may be my favorite move in the series.

3. Mini direct 95%

HYRULE 64

No mention of the ballot is a little annoying though.

4. Nintendo e3 25%
star fox is cool. Metroid yas potential. HW 3ds depends on the content. Everything else was nothing to me.

All of e3. 60% bethesda killed it.
ea did ea things again and generally made me dissaponited in gaming. Unisoft had a lot of great stuff lthough way too much grit and dancing. Rayman would have counterbalanced it. MS was ok. Sony was ok too. Nintendo was below ok but not by much.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Smash Direct and DLC characters - 80% - All are fun. N64 stages. Miiverse is the best thing to ever happen to Smash
E3 event - 15% This is being genious. Star Fox and Mario Maker is good. Federation Force, while generic, will be fun. Zelda will likely be puzzles and dumb costumes. Everything else is bad.
Didn't really watch the World Chapionship. Might catch VODs.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Smash Direct and DLC characters - 80% - All are fun. N64 stages. Miiverse is the best thing to ever happen to Smash
E3 event - 15% This is being genious. Star Fox and Mario Maker is good. Federation Force, while generic, will be fun. Zelda will likely be puzzles and dumb costumes. Everything else is bad.
Didn't really watch the World Chapionship. Might catch VODs.
You really are that against the Mario & Luigi x Paper Mario title?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You really are that against the Mario & Luigi x Paper Mario title?
Yes. For one, the Mario and Luigi series has run on too long. This game feels like a bad fan idea. "Hey, here is two Mario RPG series. Lets do a crossover." Paper Mario is cool because its an interesting RPG with a cool battle machanic with a unique paper mottif. Having random paper stuff inside a normal world looks very off. Paper Mario himself looks very weird next to normal Mario and Luigi. The entire thing looks like a cheap budget title. A lot of the games they showed off this year feel like they should have not gotten past the concept stage. I feel the same about Zelda as well.

Top Bottom