• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
He may be stalled, though, since his games are really about running around doing things like housework and conserving energy. That may not be able to translate well into a moveset - I don't think too many people would like him to, for example, have an inverse rage mechanic to represent powering down due to battery.
Actually, a lot of his supporters want that kind of gimmick. It's simple enough to code, and would be an interesting playstyle not seen in Smash 4.

I also recall his series having stickers back in Brawl, but oddly enough, I don't remember any trophies, and there definitely wasn't an assist trophy for him.
His series had 2 trophies in Brawl (Chibi-Robo, and his assistant Telly-Vision), and he appeared as a trophy in the 3DS version.

Chibi-Robo Charges into Battle:
Chance: 35%
Chibi-Robo's Achilles Heel has always been fan-support. He has legacy from the GameCube Era, he has relevancy, and he has moveset potential. He just hasn't had anyone supporting him. It's not his fault that his fanbase is so small though. There are 2 reasons why his games didn't sell well. First, his games are pretty Japanese. I like the weirdness, but I understand why it would be a tough sell. Second, Nintendo of America bungled his first two games. The original game was released the summer before the Wii came out, so it faded into obscurity. The second game was exclusive to Walmart. Is it any wonder that it failed to sell well? Furthermore, NoA passed on both translating the third game, and porting the first game to the Wii. Seriously, they already had done a translation for the first game. Why not just copy and paste it, and the sell the game for easy money? Thankfully, both issues are being resolved. NoA has been advertising his two newest games, and the latest game is going to be a more standard platformer. I'm looking forward to seeing his fanbase grow, and I think he's a shoe-in for Smash 5, but it's still iffy whether he'll get in as DLC.

Want: 100% He's been my favorite pick for a while. I've always had a soft spot for dark-horse candidates, and Chibi-Robo just feels right for smash. I really want him in.

Nominations: Andy x5
Predictions: 47%

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Chibi-Robo
Chance:60%
He has a new game coming out soon and he was pretty hyped for in Japan to be in Smash, so yeah
Want: 90%
I just straight up love his games
Nominations:
TalimX5(SoulCalibur)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Chibi-Robo
Chance:60%
He has a new game coming out soon and he was pretty hyped for in Japan to be in Smash, so yeah
Want: 90%
I just straight up love his games
Nominations:
TalimX5(SoulCalibur)
Not to sound rude but do you have a source about that Japanese popularity? That's the first time I've really heard anything about Chibi-Robo having a following for Smash outside of his thread here

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Not to sound rude but do you have a source about that Japanese popularity? That's the first time I've really heard anything about Chibi-Robo having a following for Smash outside of his thread here
Well during the hype for Smash 4 to come out I remember a lot of people were saying that they want Chibi-Robo for Smash

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Chibi-Robo:
Amiibo cuteness and want: 100%
It's so adorable!! Anyway, onto the rating...

Chance: 95%
MUH RELEVANCY!!!111!1!!1111!11111!!!!!!!!!

Actual chance rating: 25%
Having a new game and an Amiibo coming out is nice, but his chances seem to entirely hinge on his new game. I feel like he is far more likely in smash 5, but I wouldn't be astounded if he was released as smash 4 dlc.

Want: 80%
I've had a mixed history with this guy. His initial outing on the GameCube may very well be the most unique game I've ever played. It was so much fun to play, and I don't think I'll ever forget how surprised I was when the game pulled an Earthbound-style final boss. His ds game lost a lot of the magic in favor of a gardening simulator, and Photo finder was overall terrible. But his new game is looking great, so I'd be more than happy to see him included.

Predicting 7 or more characters at 65% (It's finally here!)
Nominating Owain x3
Shin Megami Tensi character x2

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
@StormC, @PK_Wonder, @ Laniv Laniv , and @ Fire_Voyager Fire_Voyager all win the extra five.
Oh Thanks!

Chibi Vania Robo
Chances: 20% With a new game on the horizon and one Amiibo... I think we will get at least a new Mii Hat
Want: 60% In his older games, he did the chores, and that was cute, now he will have a PlugWhip and maybe new moves to show. he would be a nice character to use. if not in this smash, for sure in the next one.

+7 DLC... (:4mewtwo::4lucas:+5)
Prediction: 60%... we wish... but nothing is sure for now...

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5 + x5:bubblebobble:

Laniv

Smash Lord
@StormC, @PK_Wonder, @ Laniv Laniv , and @ Fire_Voyager Fire_Voyager all win the extra five.
Yippee!

Chibi-Robo:

Chance: 45%

Chibi-Robo's in an odd place. The little guy's nowhere near an A-lister potential newcomer like King K. Rool or Isaac. Yet he coming around every couple of years, just in case people forgot about him. He was popular during Brawl speculation, but he never reached the hype that Geno had.

Nowadays, he's a straggler in the polls, but his fans still cling to hope. Having a new game and an amiibo help.

Want: 80%

He's adorable. Look at him! Plus I thoroughly enjoyed his game.

Prediction for 7+ DLC Characters: 55% Chance, 95% Want

Nominate Medusa x 5
Tingle x 5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wow, I figured out pretty fast that my prediction was going to be low, but all of these >30% ratings are surprising. Does everyone really feel like this one new game makes that significant of a difference? I thought relevance wasn't as important any more, with the Smash Ballot around.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wow, I figured out pretty fast that my prediction was going to be low, but all of these >30% ratings are surprising. Does everyone really feel like this one new game makes that significant of a difference? I thought relevance wasn't as important any more, with the Smash Ballot around.
I think it's more that he's always been an underdog that has had more closet fans than vocal ones and this new game allows them to have higher hopes.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
ChibiRobo is like a B-list nintendo character, but you are right, the ballot is more about popularity than relevance. the thing is we don't know what will happen with the DLC, if we get characters just from the ballot, Chibi Robo has low chances, but if they just want to promote games or characters, his chances are higher... so 30% is fair... just because we don't know what will happen.
maybe in E3 we get more information... who knows? we might get masterchief, kratos and Ryu... or just young link, pichu and roy...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Chibi-Robo

Chance: 25%

Any of you are probably aware of his inclusion in the fan SSB game Super Smash Flash 2. It easily gives you a great idea of how he would work with his cord attacks, blaster, toothbrush, utensil head copter, and other household tools. The fact that he's getting a brand new game (with its own Amiibo mind you) that stole the show in the last Direct proves that Nintendo wants it to sell. While he might not have enough ballot support for now, but there have been more than ten people already saying that they'll vote for him just because of the game's announcement. Only time will tell if he's going to get that big push to be more than a trophy.

Want: 95%

Loved the first game and will be looking forward to the new one thanks to the deal with his Amiibo. While I do enjoy Chibi Robo in Super Smash Flash 2, but I so love him to be included in a real Smash title! His design is actually unique and he would fit in do well with the other small cuties like Olimar/Alph and the Kirby cast.

Prediction 7 or more characters: 65%

Nomination: Takamaru x5 #SlashtheVote

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I have a doubt, How many of us still didn't vote in the Ballot?... I did it the first week after the announcement.
I don't know if the majority of us already have voted. if yes, I don't know how a late announcement like the Chibi Robo one can affect the results.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Chibi-Robo
Chance: 19%
If Sakurai wants to add an interesting character that's requested, but not highly requested, I think this character stands a chance. With a new game coming out soon, and an amiibo to boot, Chibi-Robo has some decent credentials to back him up. Of course it's entirely possible that Sakurai might just give this character a pass for not being the most well known, but for the most part I think Chibi's chances are up in the air. I'll give the cute little robot a chance of 19%.
He just might be on Sakurai's radar...

Want: 55%
Sure, why not? He seems like he would fit among the cast just fine, and I guess R.O.B. could have a friend or something.

Prediction - 7+ Total DLC Characters: 72.7%

Nominations:
x3 !Rerate: Inklings
x2 Tails the Fox

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Chibi-Robo's chances: 20%

Would have rated him a bit lower before, but now he has a new game and even his very own amiibo on the way. If anything I think he's got a really good shot at getting in a fifth Smash if his series keeps going, but if he was DLC here, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Want: 100%

The more I think about it, the more I really like this choice. New franchises are usually a good thing in my eyes, I enjoyed his first game (though I hated Park Patrol), has potential to be a very interesting character, and would fit in well. I'd love to see him get in, whether it be in the next game or as DLC.

7+ DLC Character prediction: 60.34%

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Chibi-Robo
Chance: 55%
Want: 51%

7+ DLC Characters Prediction: 64%

Nominations:
Inkling x2
Anthony Higgs x1
Endou x1
Shy Guy x1

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Chibi Robo
Chance: 15%
Want: 70%

7+ DLC Newcomers prediction: 74%

Nominations: Aqua x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dang, just missed out. Would've given Chibi-Robo a 17% for chance (he has potential for fanbase growth and eventual ballot inclusion, but it may be too little, too late, and being in a new game doesn't = probably a pre-planned DLC character) and a 35% for want (he has definite charm, but I'm not overly enthused).

7+ DLC Newcomers:

Chance - 75%
This will probably look silly in a few months when we have 7+ characters, but I'm keeping it at a reasonably high, but not too high 75% at the moment. Nintendo has every reason to use a six-month ballot for more than just two, potentially one slot (out of the six "Marios"), but you never can tell with Nintendo, and those six spots would fill in the CSS perfectly without overstuffing it too much.

Want - 100%
More characters > fewer characters. 'Nuff said.

Viridi Prediction - 5%

Nominate Remixed Music DLC x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
CHIBI ROBO
CHANCE: 28.86%
WANT: 59.83%
Look at Chibi Robo tearing up the track!!!! The little guy finished 13th in chance and 7th in want, we haven't had a character do this well in the past month. Next up we're rating the concept of us getting at least 7 DLC characters and predicting what score Viridi will get tomorrow.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 I added your score.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
7+ DLC Characters

Chances: 80%

Thereis a very good chance of this happening. Mainly because we already have four characters coming(seeing as Roy and Ryu is very likely to happen), and the fact the 5 slots looks like it's most likely for pre planned characters. Not to mention how much Nintendo is making with DLC and amiibo already. Why wouldn't they pass this chance up?

Want:100%

The more characters, the merrier.

Prediction:

Viridi: 4.5%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

D

Deleted member

7+ DLC Character$

Chance: 50%

It could go either way.

Prediction: Viridi - 10%

Nomination: Zael x5

Last edited by a moderator:
Viridi tomorrow. I teally hope ill be able to get my rant in tomorrow before we start rating but i dont know when ill be home. . . . (Purely on want though. Her chances are low anyway)

Chance
mewtwo
lucas
roy
ryu

So 3 more dlc characters. Wolf could very well be ore ballot and if he is 2 dlc characters seems fairly reasonable.

So 80%

Want 100%
why would i want less characters?

Prediction 2.5%

Noms agnes oblige 5

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm putting my estimate at 8-10 charcters.

:wolf::roypm::4mewtwo::4lucas: & Ryu as preballot

So... seeing 2 or more Ballot characters?

Chance: 90%

I REALLY don't see why they'd only put in one Ballot newcomer.

Nothing more needs to be said.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Loads and Loads of characters:

First: a question. Is it 7+ characters, or 7+ newcomers?

If characters - Chance 70%
If newcomers - Chance 50%
True, Sakurai did say that he wants to make as many people happy as possible, but how far can he go on this? I don't know too many fighting games with more than 6 DLC characters, and none of them have anywhere near the vanilla roster size of SSB4. Also, each character with the possible exception of importable Brawl veterans will need to be made from scratch. Sakurai puts that at a year, but he might be exaggerating. Still, I wouldn't count it less than 4-6 months per character, and maybe the teams can do 3-5 at once. None of this is counting the time (and money) it takes to get these made, and how long they're going to do it if it's not profitable.​

...no, I don't want lots of characters, what kind of horrible idea is that? [/sarcasm]

Seriously, the more the merrier. I've been really stingy with want scores since it is still a competition. I think everyone should get characters they really want.

...I'd be interested to see how high the want score for this is, considering it's an average of 100 as of this writing...
Viridi: 9.9%
Nom: Classic mode x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Concept: 7+ Characters

Chance: 95%

With Veterans in the way and Sakurai's commentary I find absurdly likeable this concept.

Hell yeah! More characters, more chances to see my favorite ones.

Prediction: Viridi

Chance: 8%

Nominations:

Micaiah x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Concept : 7+ DLC Characters

Chances : 71%

want : 100%

nominations
Black Shadow x2
Jin Kazama x3

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
7+ Characters Chance:
99%
I'm going to risk like with Wolf and RH characters and say this is likely happening. Smash is a big money maker like Mario Kart, and what better way to keep the game going is by DLC. I see very little reason on why they would do less characters, it's only just going to bum people out. Not much explanation need.

Nominations:
x5 Zael (Will keep nominating until I get my analysis for Bayonetta ready)

Why does the owner of the viridi thread currently have the lowest prediction score ?

Im confused. Do people expect bias or what?

Im putting a >=1 chance score. Not THAT much bias here. . .

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
7+ Characters

Chance: 80%
It seems that Nintendo is going to have continuous support for this game, so a good chunk of characters is a definite possibility.

It's more characters. What's not to like?

Prediction
Viridi: Abstain for now.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
7+ Characters:

Chance: 90%

Prediction:

Viridi 7%

Nomination Medusa x 5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
7+ DLC Newcomers:

Chance - 80%

The Smash Ballot will be running for a six month period and there's a good reason for that being the case. The developers would probably run through all the choices for DLC and pick the ones they deem necessary (while anyone who's not picked will be pre-Smash 5 roster considerations at best). Sakurai said that he'll make everyone happy with extra content and I doubt that the 7 pre-ballot DlL we're getting is all we will get. Most of the pre-ballot DLC so far are veterans and that is more of a reason to expect some future downloadable newcomers in the mix.

Want - 100%

Eggman: "You know what they say, the more the.." *gets slaughtered by Shadow within seconds*

Viridi Prediction - 7%

Nomination - Takamaru x5 #SlashtheVote

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My internet may be kind enough to let me post this

7+ dlc character
Chance: 98%
4 already semi confirmed, Wolf likely to come back, A Ballot character, probably some other veterans as well. Maybe another Ballot character. Some individual newcomers
More Characters

Viridi's
Prediction: 4%

nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

Troykv

Smash Master
7+ Characters Chance:
99%
I'm going to risk like with Wolf and RH characters and say this is likely happening. Smash is a big money maker like Mario Kart, and what better way to keep the game going is by DLC. I see very little reason on why they would do less characters, it's only just going to bum people out. Not much explanation need.

Nominations:
x5 Zael (Will keep nominating until I get my analysis for Bayonetta ready)
Wait a minute... Where is the "Want" Score? xD

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
7+ Characters

Chance - 90% - Well, we have 2 known characters, 2 might be confirmed characters, at least one lock, and at least one ballot character. That adds up to 6 already. Honestly, while I can see it not happening, it would still be incredibly shocking.

Want - 100% - I considered taking off a hundredth of a percent in case all the remaining characters were duds, but then I remember Wolf. I can't think of a reason to not want it otherwise.

Viridi Prediction - 3.45% - Aww... doing this makes me want Hades to invade again. Regardless, she's a popular Kid Icarus character, but otherwise she's not a popular suggestion.

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidance Conversations X5

Top Bottom