• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
7 characters. 7 characters is all I can spare to play with you.

Chance: 80%

Disclaimer: I am ignoring the Roy/Ryu leak for this argument, since they are still up in the air to me and not a 100% possibility.

What we have now are two :4mewtwo: confirmed :4lucas: characters. A third one is likely at E3. Smash, being the money cow it is, will certainly chug out more characters based on the profit they make and Sakurai's desire/statement to make the players happy. Given that we have seen two veterans return, a third one would fill this E3 slot, methinks. But what about afterwards?

The ballot runs for a few more months, so it's ample time to decide what characters make the cut.

Want: 100%

More characters will do wonders to keep Smash alive.

Prediction for Viridi: 3.2%

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
7+ DLC Characters
Chance: 98%
Unless Nintendo don't for some reason want to milk not only the Smash series and it's success but also the amiibo's ridiculous success, they'd be idiots to not do this.

We have Mewtwo and Lucas already, that's two. Add Roy and Ryu and that's four. Wolf is pretty damn likely at this point too I'd say, taking us to five.

With the ballot being a rip-roaring success and people voting like crazy, it's very clear people WANT all of their favourites. This is of course an impossible task, but they'd be foolish to make only a mere 2-3 characters from the votes, considering these people are voting and are willing to pay for these fighters...and maybe even their amiibos.

Want: 99.5%
Characters I genuinely wanted in Smash 4 that got in?
:4pacman::4duckhunt::4ludwig::4villager:

Not a great deal of the newcomer roster, and Pac-Man was the only one I was sure would get in, as Duck Hunt Dog and Ludwig Von Koopa were originally outlandish suggestions for characters I'd want to see, that I warmed upto over time.

Obviously there's been a few neat surprises too I've ended up enjoying (:4littlemac:, :4robinm:) but I can't say I wouldn't be overjoyed to see some of the characters I'd been supporting for years(Toad(or Captain Toad), Dixie Kong) make it in to the final roster via DLC.

Only reason it's not 100% is because there's always a chance even with this second wind of newcomers I still don't get anyone that interests me.

Viridi prediction: 3.5%

Nominations:
:052: X 5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
7+ Total DLC Characters
Chance: 40%
I'm, unfortunately, not quite as positive as most of you are about this concept. I had a recent thought that 6 characters might be all we end up getting. Maybe Roy and Ryu are the last pre-planned characters, and those two Mario slots are placeholders for two Ballot Characters. It makes sense if you think that we're going to get a new character about every two months; Roy and Ryu will be out by the end of October, then they might start working on a couple characters picked from the Ballot. Sakurai has stated how much work it takes to make a single character, and with a smaller team at his helm, we might only see up to six characters for DLC. It certainly wouldn't be a surprise to me.

The Smash fanbase always seems to get their hopes up over getting more characters than we actually do. Remember that leak last August that revealed the entire roster? Many of us thought we were going to get another 4 or 5 characters just because the CSS looked like it had the room, and that we were going to get more veterans back than we did. We often set our expectations higher than we should, and as I look through all of the 80%+ ratings, I feel the same thing might be happening now. We might very well only get three veterans and three newcomers for DLC, and that would still be a great DLC character line up. Of course we always want more though. I think things will become more clear when we see what Smash 4 DLC Nintendo plans to show us this E3. Our expectations may get completely changed depending on what they present. For now, I'll give this favorable concept a rating of 40%.
Remember to keep your expectations in check...

More characters means more of a chance that my favorite character will get in.

Prediction - Viridi: 3.1%

Nominations:
x3 !Rerate: Inklings
x2 Tails the Fox

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
7+ DLC characters

Chance:60%
Want:90%
Though I'm putting my rating score slightly low,
I'd be pretty surprised if we don't get 7. We already have two, two were leaked, and one's looking likely. That already makes 5. Now add in the ballot and it's looks pretty likely that we'll be getting 6, and possibly, 7.

Viridi predictions: 18%
nomination: Slime (Dragon Quest) x5

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Character Chance Ratings

1: Ryu - 97.7%
1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Professor Layton - 90%
4: Chibi Robo - 65%

5: Rayman - 60%
6: Snake - 55%
7: Inkling - 50%
8: Sceptile - 45%
8: Krystal - 45%
9: Paper Mario: 44.5%

10: Dixie Kong - 43%
11: Wonder Red - 40%
12: Impa - 40.5%
13: Simon Belmont - 35%
14: Cross - 35.7%

15: Elma - 35.3%
16: Ice Climbers - 30%
16: Captain Toad - 30%
17: Toon Zelda - 29.3%

18: Chorus Kids - 27.5%
19: Magolor - 25%
20: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
21: Spyro - 25.3%
22: Anna - 23%
23: Ivysaur - 23.7%
24: Jibanyan - 22%
25: Squirtle - 22.5%
26: Quote - 21.5%
27: Phoenix Wright - 20%
27: Shovel Knight - 20%
28: Shantae - 20.5%
29: Tetra - 20.3%

30: 9-Volt - 10%
30: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%
31: Lip - 10.5%
32: Geno - 7%
33: Young Link - 6.3%
35: KOS-MOS - 5%
35: Ray - 5%
35: Pichu - 5%
36: Daisy - 5.7%
37: Ridley - 5.5%
38: Monita - 3%

Character Want Ratings

1: Professor Layton - 100%
1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Simon Belmont - 90.5%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Anna - 80%
7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Jibanyan - 69.7%
10: Chibi Robo - 60%
10: Ryu - 60%
10: Paper Mario: 60%
11: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
12: Phoenix Wright - 55%
13: Ridley - 50%
14: Inkling - 30%
15: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

16: Rayman - 25%
17: Cross - 25.7%

18: Elma - 23%
18: Quote - 23%
19: Krystal - 20%
19: Dixie Kong - 20%
19: Toon Zelda - 20%
20: Tetra - 20.5%

21: Squirtle - 10.7%
21: Ivysaur - 10.7%
22: Geno - 10.5%
22: Roy - 10.5%
23: Spyro - 7%
24: Young Link - 5%
25: Lip - 5.7%

26: Captain Toad - 5.5%
27: Ray - 4.5%
28: KOS-MOS - 3%

29: 9-Volt - 3.5%
30: Monita - 1%
30: Pichu - 1%
30: Daisy - 1%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 90.5%
2: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
3: 7+ DLC Characters - 80.7%
4: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%
5: DLC Music Packs - 50.5%
6: Rhythm Heaven Character - 45%

Concept Want Ratings

1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 100%
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: DLC Music Packs - 65%
3: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%
4: 7+ DLC Characters - 45%
5: Rhythm Heaven Character - 40.3%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Mach Rider
Dark Samus

Abtsains (Indifference)

Ninten
B.B. Bandit Trio

RATINGS

Concept: 7+ DLC Characters

Chance - 80.7%: At least 7 isn't far off with the information we're going by. For total, we know we're getting 3 characters for sure, with 5 being a believable number too.

We already have Mewtwo. Lucas is but a week away. The Smash Ballot guarantees us at least 1 additional character. Roy and Ryu have data files present in the 3DS version, but their purpose remains very egregious.

Going by my own predictions, we're getting 6 with Wolf being a near lock. And let's just say that Roy and Ryu will be counted as characters here. I can see Nintendo throwing out at least 1 more character either sometime along this year or perhaps as a "finisher" to Smash DLC at least a year and a half after this one.

Knowing how the Smash Bros. fandom is, everyone always routes for their dream characters to make it in, especially with the Ballot. I can already tell the majority of people would be in favor of this motion. It means the game can continue to live a good year or two from launch as well, with constant balance and content updates refreshing the experience.

Going beyond 7 seems to be a stretch, yet it isn't flabbergastingly ludicrous. I haven't heard of any fighting game that didn't have more than 5 extra characters. Anything beyond that would have at least been bundled for convenience's sake. People might get tired of constantly having to buy characters and Nintendo would not want to do this unless they could significantly recoup their dev costs.

As for Sakurai stretching out the Ballot for more than 1 character, seeing as he likes to make fans happy with more characters, I can see him doing this. But I'd imagine it would be impossible for him to personally satisfy that wish even for the most popular Ballot picks. Given the Ballot ends in October, it's probably going to take at least 3-5 months till to announce and complete the character. He may be eager to use his talents in something new, but I think it would be better off he know when to cut off a final version of the game and use the existing Ballot data to influence Smash 5's roster, director or not.

Want - 45%: You know what they say, the more the merrier... And less is more.

As if I don't like to buy individual characters, making a huge-ass financial commitment to mark off the characters I do want is going to be a chore!

Not sure if this reflects most people, but I'm a minimalistic person. It takes very little to sate me and I will be alright at least if something functions or is legitimized as the thing I want. From a roster standpoint, this game already boasts a dangerously-high cast of diverse characters. I don't want to see too much come out of the DLC stable in this regard.

If I had to boast what specifically I want, just give me Wolf and the Ballot character and call it a day. I couldn't give two ****s about satisfying Roy and Ryu. in fact, I'd prefer those files to be false so speculation for other characters feels smoother and less stringent just off a few perceived patterns with those two.

PREDICTION

Viridi

Chance - 74.68%
Want - 67.89%

Cue the hollerers crying "Sakurai bias!"

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x2
*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x2
*Concept: Smash 5 has 10 Year Wait Cycle x1

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
7+ DLC Characters
I'll be quick this time.

Chance: 50%
Seems like a bit too much, but if Mario Kart 8 will indeed get another two DLC packs, then Smash will probably keep adding DLC.

Sure, why not?

Nominations
Tingle x5

I want to rant so hard about why viridi's wang score is going to be terrible tomorrow but it would be terribly long and absurd and just. . . Long. And i dong want to clog the thrwad :( ill just have to give a very strong score tomorrow and hope for the best. . .

I guess all i can say is please check out her thread and see all the potential she has. We dont have a scythe user, our nature use is limited and has a humongous amount of room to grow, and the viridi palm and class have some potential too.

And thats before how awesome she is as a character. Goddess of snarkiness

Also (and im only saying this because i know too many these are positive traits) she is a female and, depending on who you ask, a villain. As in mass lgenocide level villain. And it looks like she would be a villain in uprising 2 as well.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Concept - 7+ Newcomers
Chance: 45% - I'm not expecting too many DLC newcomers actually.
Want: 100% - Not that I'd mind.

Viridi prediction: 3%

Nominations: Aqua x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THIS CONCEPTS FREAKISHLY HIGH "WANT" SCORE

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Seven's (not) a crowd
Chance: 50%
Eh. Not much to say that hasn't already. This one's a really hard one to get a read on, but I'm expecting 6 about as much as I'm expecting more than 6, so 50%.

Want: 99.9%
The more the merrier (+100%)
Except when it's possible to not exactly be good content (-.1%)

Prediction: Viridi: 30.4%

Nomination:
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
CONCEPT - 7+ DLC CHARACTERS
CHANCE: 74.78%
WANT: 96.81%
Of the 58 people who rated, 50 of them gave a 100% "want" rating and only two people didn't really like this concept. 96.81% is the highest score we've seen to date. Next up we're rating Viridi the goddess of nature and predicting what score Zael will get tomorrow.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My internet has been kind.

Viridi's
Chance: 1%
She is kinda popular in Japan and from Sakurai's new baby. But I don't see it happening.
Want: 30%
She's a likeable character and I'd like to see her guidance.
Pit: Who is THAT
Viridi: Huh? What do you...
Palutena: I have no data on this fighter
Viridi: It must be an intruder from an.... wait, what am I saying?
Pit: Either way, the goal remains the same. To fight, and win!
Viridi: I have no idea what's going on Pit, but I'd like to see you try

Nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5
ALMOST THERE!
Zael (The Last Story) x194
Bayonetta (Bayonetta) x193
Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x183
*Concept: New Palutena's Guidance Conversations x179
*Concept: Themed Stage packs DLC (i.e, 64, Melee, Brawl) x173
Gengar (Pokemon) x170
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x169
*Concept: Battlefield/Alpha forms of stages x169
Slippy Toad (Star Fox) x166
*Concept: Fixing R.O.B.'s visual glitch involving his eye x165

Prediction Zael: 10.32%

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Viridi

Chance: 20%
Kinda hard to say really. She's popular in Japan from what I can tell. She's not really disconfirmed because of Palutena's Guidance, since Palutena herself is playable. Also has the benefit of being Sakurai's character. However, I'd imagine she's low on the priority list atm.

Want: 80%

I'm not begging for another Kid Icarus rep, but Viridi (and Hades) would be welcome additions imo. She's a great character, and despite the fact that she never actually fought in Uprising, the sheer amount of weapons and the like in that game could lend to a cool moveset, especially with Sakurai overlooking things. I'm all for it.

Prediction

Zael: 5%
I think it's safe to say Shulk is the reason he won't get in...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Viridi

She is a stage prop, but-

Alfonzo said:
Leave it to me!
Viridi said:
Are you insane?! This game universe and that game universe aren't connected!
Um...I'll just give her a 5% chance rating because Sakurai bias.

Chance: 5%

Want: 70%

I like Viridi as a character, but I'm not entirely sure if I'd enjoy her playstyle in Smash.

Prediction: Zael - 4.5%

Yes, I proudly voted for him, but my rating will be as unbiased as possible. In fact, I was never very optimistic of his inclusion at all.

Fellow Operation Rainfall protagonist Shulk had everything going for him (popularity, support among his fanbase, an upcoming successor to his game of origin, etc.) while Zael has almost no merits whatsoever.

Nomination: It's time to move Owain (terrible pun, I know) from nominating Zael. @XenoBrawler610 @ Leafeon523 Leafeon523

Owain x5

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Viridi

Chance: 10%
She's perfectly kawaii, and cue Sakuraibias. Honestly, there's really not much holding her back at all...

Except the fanbase did get up in arms about how full of bias the roster currently is, and that may cause them to hold off on this series, especially since KI has been getting the brunt of that attack (admittedly, it's kind of deserved - StarFox: 2 PCs, 7 games; Metroid: 2 PCs, 14 games; DK: 2 PCs, 29 games vs. Kid Icarus: 3 PCs, 3 games). Even though Viridi is Sakurai's baby, he may decide to hold off because of the massive salt wave when a majority of the fanbase panned his other baby the edgy clone .

Ironically, if that's the case, that would mean that him deciding to put Dark Pit into the game as a full character ends up blocking out Viridi, Medusa, or Hades, any or all of whom would probably be much better received...
Want: 10%
Sorry, Dark Pit has seen to it that Kid Icarus is overrepresented. And even if he managed to stay an alternate, I'd rather Medusa to get some villainy in, as opposed to tsundere whininess.
Zael: 3.8%
Nom: Stage Packs x5

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Viridi -

(Decided on a pic instead of a slogan)

Chance
10% - Viridi could have a chance, a relatively small one I suppose. She doesn't have too much ballot support, and overall, the desire for more Kid Icarus characters isn't that large (this is a fun discussion topic :laugh:). We also have to consider the fact that Viridi is in Palutena's guidance conversations. Yes, so are Pit and Palutena, but they are fit into the conversation so that they can be playable at the same time. Having Viridi say that she has no information on herself... makes her sound quite dumb to be honest.

Want
10% - I really want to say that this would be higher was it not for Dark Pit. Honestly, If I had to replace him for another KI character, I'd give Viridi the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, I'm perfectly content with the Kid Icarus Representation in the game (A.K.A. I've gotten used to it). She could have an interesting move set I suppose, but... I was never to invested in Kid Icarus to begin with. Also, Viridi is kinda a jerk in my opinion.

Prediction: Zael - Who? *does a quick background check*
Oh, yet another sword user who could pass off as a Fire Emblem character. :glare: I think I've grown salty towards sword users. 5%

Nominations: Meowth X5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Viridi:

Chance - 3%
I have no doubt that if she got the votes, Sakurai would add her in a heartbeat. That being said, it's pretty clear that's not happening. There's widespread backlash over Uprising's tsunami of new content in Smash 4 to the point where Sakurai had to clarify in multiple interviews "No, no, Dark Pit was last-minute, you see, he didn't take up development time, promise." And even among Uprising fans, there seems to be a split between Medusa, Hades, Viridi, and even oddballs like the Eggplant Wizard. Maybe if another Uprising sequel comes out with Sakurai at the helm, but otherwise? Outlook not good.

Want - 5%
Even if she weren't a fourth character for a three-game series, I already dislike her Smash convo personality compared to her Uprising one, and playability would just neuter it further like what happened with Palutena. Pass.

Zael Prediction - 5.5%

Nominate Remixed Music x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@Bobert77 wins the extra nominations. It's not more than seven though, it's just five.

I should try to say less when I do these posts.

D

Deleted member

You'd be surprised. Some people hate DLC with a passion because everyone else in the gaming industry has turned it into a bit of a dirty word, what with on-disc DLC (Capcom) loads of overpriced minuscule DLC (EA/Ubisoft) and day one DLC (every one one of those examples and more)
Believe me when I say I am not the least surprised about the hatred for DLC as a concept. But considering that Nintendo is known for handling DLC well, I don't imagine many people would be against more characters.

This topic is better suited for other threads thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
Chance: 5%. Even with being a stage prop, her popularity is pretty small.

Want: 20%. I loved Uprising, but I'd much rather have Hades or Medusa before Viridi.

Zael prediction: 5%. I had to Google this guy.

Beast Ganon 5x

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ah, the Goddess of Nature, Princess Bubblegum Viridi.
Chance: 8%
If Kid Icarus were to continue as a series, Viridi would most certainly return alongside Dark Pit if they play a role in Kid Icarus 4's Story mode. If so, maybe have her as a boss that Pit can fight so we can see more of what she's capable of, be it the Palms or the Staff she wields.

Want: 6%
Like Fire Emblem, I'm satisfied with Kid Icarus for now. Viridi would be better suited for the next Super Smash Bros when Kid Icarus has another game and Viridi plays a more active role in that.

Zael Predictions: 6.87%
I'll admit, I was surprised to see his trophy, but I think Shulk was the better choice being the most memorable of the Rainfall Trio.

Nominations: Rerate: Inklings X3, Waluigi X2

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Viridi:
Chances:
0,1%
Not really requested, I'm pretty sure Sakurai now understands that fans don't want more KI characters, and also, the Palutena Guidance for DLC characters.
Want: 5%

-Nominations:
Prince Fluff X5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Viridi

Chance - 1.35% - Poor Kid Icarus, it's become the punching bag of Samurai bias. Palutena was accepted with relatively open arms, but Pittoo was where the line was drawn. Since then, requests for the series have dropped harder than Cragalanche. She's a relatively popular character, but many want from other franchises. Simply put, she's badly overshadowed.

Want - 48.5% - As much of an Icarus fanboy that I am, I have to admit that it is somewhat overrepresented. She interests me as a fighter, but other characters come first.

Zael Prediction - 8.46% - As popular was the rainfall project got, Shulk was the poster boy. The last story never got as much attention.

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidance Conversations X 5

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Viridi:
I've been waiting to post this joke for a while...

Yo dawg

I heard you like Viridi

So I made Viridi fight Viridi while Viridi in the background tries to destroy both Viridi's so you can fight Viridi while playing as Viridi and being attacked by Viridi.

Jokes aside, being a stage hazard destroys her chances. There's no Alfonzo to take over her role there. And Sakurai confirmed we won't be seeing KI anytime soon in an interview.

Want:60%
There's a LOT of KI characters I would prefer over her. Like:

-Hades
-Magnus
-Medusa
-Phosphora
-Twinbellows
-Kid Icarus Girl
-Kid Icarus Dog
-Hewdraw
-Chaos Kin
- An Exo Tank
- AR cards
-Phyron
-Dintos
-Poseidon
-Blue Snake
-Eggplant Wizard
-Eggplant Pit
- Everyone Here: http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Kid_Icarus_enemies
- A Dark Exo Tank
And far far more. So why such a high rating? Because having her back guarantees new Palutena's guidance conversations.

Predicting Zael at 4.3%
Nominating Owain x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Viridi:

Chance: 15%

Don't exactly the most wanted character in Smash, with don't specific abilities outside the "Nature things", the Bomb and her weapon... But has something very important in her side: Sakurai knows how to work with her.

Want: 50%

Well... I don't sure about her possible inclussion... But don't bothers me, I believe that I would like her playstyle and have her in the game guarantees new Palutena's Guidance

Predictions: Zael

Zael: 7.5%

Nominations:

Micaiah x5

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Not Medusa

Chance: 12%
Not Medusa

Want: 15%
Not Medusa

She's not Medusa
Being serious, I doubt she's a needed rep for KI. Plus there's a lot more KI characters to work with like Hades
And Medusa

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Zael is from The Last Story. Aeron is from Pandora's Tower.
Ah, thanks. I always get those two mixed up, and working with a crummy tablet with limited internet made me skip checking. Will edit my posts accordingly.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Viridi

Kid Icarus would be flat out overepped with a 4th character, not to mention there would be huge backlash, we can thank :4darkpit: for that.

Want: 1%
NO MORE KID ICARUS CHARACTERS! I'm sorry, but 3 is too much, I actually just wanted :4pit::4palutena: as that would have been perfect, and if they did do a 3rd rep, the only one I'd be OK with would've been Hades. Unfortunately we got :4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: and that really turned me against the Kid Icarus representation in Smash. We have enough Kid Icarus in Smash Bros, lets focus on other Nintendo series.

Predictions: Zael 5%

Nominations: Sami X5.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not Medusa

Chance: 12%
Not Medusa

Want: 15%
Not Medusa

She's not Medusa
Being serious, I doubt she's a needed rep for KI. Plus there's a lot more KI characters to work with like Hades
And Medusa
With so many Medusas in your post, I half expected you to nominate her too. :p

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Must...resist urge...to make "RULES OF NATURE" joke...

--

Viridi

Chance: 3.5%
Let's get this out of the way right now. The whole "over-repped" argument? Barely relevant. If a character is nominated enough in the Smash Ballot and seems promising enough of a newcomer, I doubt the developers would axe them solely because their series has however many characters already.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help Viridi's chances much. While the two and a half Kid Icarus characters on the roster already don't directly hurt her chances, it has cooled off the demand for a Kid Icarus newcomer. What support remains is low, and Viridi is stuck fighting Medusa and Hades to claim it. And then you add in the fact that she shows up in the background of a stage in the 3DS version, which likely lowers what little chance she already had.

Perhaps it's best if Viridi lays low for a while. If we see another Kid Icarus game or two by Smash 5's time, she could be considered a frontrunner. Nature always takes back what it loses...or something like that I'm sure she's said before.

Want: 32.5%
Depending on how she was implemented, she could actually be pretty intriguing. A blend of nature-based powers could give her an interesting thematic niche, but a lot of it would have to be made from scratch, seeing how she did no direct fighting in Uprising. Or maybe they could take that and run with it, having her summon the Forces of Nature with her moves, attacking alongside her...which itself would be hard considering so many of them are Smash Run enemies.

I suppose I'm just spitballing now, though.

Zael Prediction: 6.25%
An obscure character in comparison to many, but since he's not an NPC already and isn't seen as competition by fans of a different character, he won't end up as low as some others.

Nominations:
Absol x5
Speaking of interesting thematic niches, how about a wielder of darkness that uses it for heroic reasons?

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Viridi
Chance- 9%
Sakurai clearly seems to like her, so there's something there. But, as already noted, the demand isn't there. If she doesn't have support, she better either be an important icon or a veteran, neither of which she is.
Want- 30%
I can feel for Sakurai's KI bias. I have that bias, too.
But, I'm not sure she'd be my first choice, and it's hard to swallow having another KI character this time around.
Viridi's still cool, though.

Zael Predictions- 11%
Nominations:

Crono x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Viridi

Chance:
5%
Sort of popular but I doubt people would be excited for a fourth Kid Icarus.

Want: 30%
Never played Uprising but she seems interesting, though I think we already have enough Kid Icarus reps ATM

Zael Prediction: 7.8%

Nomination: Waluigi (x5)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Viridi, Goddess of Nature
Chance: 25% I can sadly see Sakurai utilizing his massive Bias to add her in the game.

Want: 0% Kid Icarus has 2.9 Million sales and 3 reps, Kirby has 34 Million and 3 reps, Donkey Kong has 2 and over 70 sales. No bias here, totally none at all. It's totally not like if you did the same treatment of reps per sale to Kirby it would have literally 35 reps or anything, this isn't a giant over inflation at all, no! It's definitely not a possibility that Kid Icarus is overrepresented or anything, I mean if it gets 4 reps, then Kirby should technically have 46 reps which isn't absurdly high at all or anything. This isn't ridiculous at all, nope, not inflated reps per sales at all. I mean, Mario only has 56 million sales per rep, and Pokemon has 45 million sales per rep, while Kid Icarus has 0.9 million sales per rep. This is completely fair in every way, shape, and form.

Nominations: dark matter x 5
Predictions Zael: 7.2%

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Viridi

Chance: 30%
I've seen her name pop up more often than Medusa or Hades whenever suggesting another Kid Icarus newcomer. She's both recent and popular and has managed to get more exposure thanks to her cameos in Smash, plus Sakurai surely knows how to implement her since he developed her game. Dark Pit, just like Lucina and Dr. Mario, are more of a bonus simply added to keep the roster from looking too "empty" so their inclusion is somewhat justified and shouldn't be enough of a reason to keep Sakurai from adding other characters from their respective franchises. Besides, if Fire Emblem, which is also considered overrepresented, is likely to get another character, Kid Icarus might also get another character if Sakurai feels like.

Want: 65%
I like her character, and I'm interested on how creative her moveset can be since you don't fight her at all in the game yet she exhibits great power. Summoner perhaps of the Forces of Nature? Reset Bomb as a final smash?

Nominations
Tingle x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Viridi chances: 0.4%
I guess she's an important character in Kid Icarus Uprising, but is it enough to justify her as a Smash Bros. character? Palutena is a central character from this game, and I doubt Viridi comes close to her when it comes to being a central KI character and Smash material. Overall the demand for another Kid Icarus character seems to be low, and even then it is fragmented between different characters such as her, Medusa, Hades, and I guess a few others, all of which couldn't compare with Palutena as the obvious Kid Icarus character choice prior to the later's confirmation.

7.8/10 too much Kid Icarus want: 0.8%
The idea of more Kid Icarus characters doesn't leave me as cold as the idea of more Fire Emblem characters, but that doesn't mean I think there should be more KI contents in Smash 4. The series Kid Icarus Uprising is already well represented enough as it is, and I'm not sure if making Viridi playable would add much value to the roster. I really like her design though.

Zael prediction: 3.33%
The protagonist from a game with overall minor impact on Nintendo's universe, especially when compared to the other Operation Rainfall game Xenoblade Chronicles. He'll not do well.

Nominating:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x4
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x1

Can't wait for this weekend! I'm impatient for the "Most overrated/uderrated/accurate" and "Most hyping/deflating moment" days, it will change the pace of the game quite a bit.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Viridi

chance: 15%

She isn't highly requested, but is apparently popular over in japan. Plus she adds a female to the roster which slightly pushes her chances. With all the Kid Icarus thats been represented, Sakurai seems to like Kid Icarus. at the same time, Sakurai may feel that its too much representation so I don't know. Emo Pit really hurt any additional Kid Icarus reps chances unfortunately. Even then, she has some competition from Hades and Medusa but unlike those two, she has the most requests out of those characters (according to a 4,000 person poll atleast) and she has more of a future then them considering she isn't dead as well as is now definitely one of the main characters with the other two being Pit and Palutena. Another problem with her inclusion is the fact that some feel adding a second support character would be bad as many feel that the priority should be main character, then main support character, then villain. And some may argue she's a villain, I would say she is more of an anti-hero considering she helps out too. Oh and the stage thing? Yea that doesn't hurt her chances at all. Duck Hunt Dog has a bigger impact on his stage than Viridi does on hers. She doesn't need to not be playable to cause the stage transition.

Want: 80%

She is an amazing character and can have a very interesting nature themed moveset. I would probably die of hype if she was in.

Nominations

Hades x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom