• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Woah! What's all this I missed! The Notifications Tab has failed me!!!

anyways E3 plans sound good to me! May as well have some good discussions regarding those...

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Ryu - [Insert cry of his attack here]

Chance: 90% - I don't even know anymore... honestly, I'd rather just wait and complain when they finally release the characters.

Want: 25% - Yeah, I'm slowly growing towards the idea of him, but I'm still feeling a bit miffed here. I never saw much support for Ryu beforehand, for starters. Secondly, I've never played Street Fighter before. Ever. I also don't like the idea of supporting a character who's going to be in a game shortly not even hitting Nintendo consoles. Lastly, I feel bad for Mega Man and the fans. Man, poor Mega Man, Capcom just won't cut him a break. It seems that whenever he finally gets something all his own to please his fans, Capcom goes "nope, here's more Street Fighter." I swear, Ryu just likes stealing any spot light Mega Man happens to get.

Predictions:
Uh, yes I have a huge OBJECTION! Phoenix Wright is cool and all, but he's a lawyer. Exactly how much potential would he have as a figher? 11%
TAKE THAT!

Nominations:
Meowth X3
Chibi-Robo X2

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Ryu

Chances: 90%

Ryu has super high chances due to the leak. His appearance in smash is pretty much guaranteed now and we can't forget that he is a very iconic character in fighting game history. Two Capcom reps is not pushing it because this grants access to a future Namco or sega rep. Personally, my choices there would be KOS-MOS and Bayonetta. Ryu would use his signature moveset from Street fighter for smash. It will be very interesting to see how he plays in smash!

Want: 70%

I'm a big fan of Ryu but he isn't my favourite SF character. The reason I give him such a high want chance is because I am so interested in how he would play. Maybe his hadouken can charge? That would be awesome. However, my ideal sega rep would be Bayonetta because she has her exclusive game on Wii U and lots of moveset potential. They would have to tone her down in terms of sexuality and maybe her guns as well.

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Aww... I missed my chances to rate Paper Mario, Ridley, Midna & Tetra :(
And Paper Mario didnt make it into the Top Ten Most Wanted? (0)__(0) How...

Chance 80%
There's that whole leaked Sound File thing of him and Roy right? If it's legit, then his chances are pretty good then I say.
QUESTION: Does anyone know for sure if this Ryu sound file is the really the Ryu from Street Fighter? What if it could be the Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden? Like Nintendo giving Team Ninja & Koei their thanks for Hyrule Warriors and Metroid Other M.

Want 45%
SHORUYUKEN! HADOKEN! TATSUMAKI SENPUKYAKU!
You cant tell me it wouldn't be fun hearing Ryu yell these out for his special attacks can you?

Phoenix Wright Prediction: 16%

Nominations: LIP from PANEL DE PON x5

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Chance 80%
There's that whole leaked Sound File thing of him and Roy right? If it's legit, then his chances are pretty good then I say.
QUESTION: Does anyone know for sure if this Ryu sound file is the really the Ryu from Street Fighter? What if it could be the Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden? Like Nintendo giving Team Ninja & Koei their thanks for Hyrule Warriors and Metroid Other M.

The music track and victory theme is from Street Fighter, not Ninja Gaiden.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
The music track and victory theme is from Street Fighter, not Ninja Gaiden.

Okay thankies .^ ^.
I've never actually looked too much into this for spoiler reasons... but why does it sound so... "16-bit-ty"?? Sounds likes it got ripped straight from an old Street Fighter game.
And why is it so long? Normal Victory themes are not this long in Smash Brothers.
How do we know this is for real? Has more than just one person with the news ever found the sound files for themselves or are we all just going by hear say here? Can anyone here tell me they hacked their Smash 4 too and found the files themselves as well?

I aint saying it's not true, I'm just a natural skeptic and I dont wanna get my hopes up...

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Ryu
Chance:95%
The sound files are in the game. And there's also the victory theme. Pretty great chance Ryu is coming.

Want:80%
Playing Ryu in Smash? Yes! If Megaman wasn't getting in, Ryu was my next choice. There were a few reasons why he wasn't a huge want for me at first. The misheard information of "No fighters", and also the fact that Megaman was higher priority. But now that I see that he's most likely going to be in,i'm pretty excited to see him now.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Okay thankies .^ ^.
I've never actually looked too much into this for spoiler reasons... but why does it sound so... "16-bit-ty"?? Sounds likes it got ripped straight from an old Street Fighter game.
And why is it so long? Normal Victory themes are not this long in Smash Brothers.
How do we know this is for real? Has more than just one person with the news ever found the sound files for themselves or are we all just going by hear say here? Can anyone here tell me they hacked their Smash 4 too and found the files themselves as well?

I aint saying it's not true, I'm just a natural skeptic and I dont wanna get my hopes up...
1. Placeholder or it's suppose to be ripped/unaltered.
2. Because that's not the victory theme, this is.
3. 5+ data miners have found the files, confirmed it. The Cutting Room Floor is among them.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Okay thankies .^ ^.

The fact that it sounds like a direct rip from the old Street Fighter is what has people being skeptical, it could be Nintendo just wanted to keep things retro or it could also be that they may have added a full track just to test or try things out but forgot to remove it upon patching...although they didn't remove it shortly after....there's a number of questions that have come up because of this...
Thing is it is from a reliable source, so it is unlikely that he'd fake it because he'd be putting his reputation on the line...

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
The fact that it sounds like a direct rip from the old Street Fighter is what has people being skeptical, it could be Nintendo just wanted to keep things retro or it could also be that they may have added a full track just to test or try things out but forgot to remove it upon patching...although they didn't remove it shortly after....there's a number of questions that have come up because of this...
Thing is it is from a reliable source, so it is unlikely that he'd fake it because he'd be putting his reputation on the line...
1. Placeholder or it's suppose to be ripped/unaltered.
2. Because that's not the victory theme, this is.
3. 5+ data miners have found the files, confirmed it. The Cutting Room Floor is among them.
Allrighty guys. Thanks for the info~<3
Interesting stuff... i guess it's all for real then... BUT does it really mean that without a doubt for that Ryu (and Roy) will be in Smash 4 eventually, or was this just some kind of test for the games designers that they forgot to take out?
OR MAYBE, it's a test for us! D: Nintendo has to be aware of things like The Cutting Room Floor and such right?
What if they're trying to deceive them at their own game or something?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Interesting stuff... i guess it's all for real then... BUT does it really mean that without a doubt for that Ryu (and Roy) will be in Smash 4 eventually, or was this just some kind of test for the games designers that they forgot to take out?
OR MAYBE, it's a test for us! D: Nintendo has to be aware of things like The Cutting Room Floor and such right?
They'd be risking it big by putting in sound files for Ryu if they don't have the rights to him/Street Fighter for Smash Wii U and 3DS. Breaching copyright laws by doing that.

"or was this just some kind of test for the games designers that they forgot to take out?" Testing what? It was added in a recent patch at that (1.0.6, Mewtwo update).

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Ryu

Chance: 99%
Everything seems pretty legit at this point.

Want: 95%
Honestly, I wouldn't have even considered Ryu, but the leak made many of us realize what he could potentially bring to Smash. Street Fighter is a huge name in the video game industry and has had many connections with Nintendo before. I'll eagerly await his announcement.

Nominations:
Lip x5

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Ryu
Chance 50%
If he doesn't get announced at E3 I'm just going to say those sound files were just there. (Curse you data mining hackers, you just couldn't leave the game alone to let us find out for ourselves could ya.There are people that could wait for character announcements? Just sayin') I've been slowly warming up to the idea of Ryu. I'd just like to see how Sakurai would differentiate Street Fighter Ryu to Smash Ryu. I don't think we're going to get a straight up gameplay trailer for Ryu neither if he were to get announced. I have this feeling that his trailer would be straight full CGI like Megaman's and the Chairzard and Greninja trailer. He's a third party newcomer they have to make his reveal feel special.

Want: 30%
When I first heard the news I wasn't at all that excited or hyped for him. To be honest Ryu isn't really my favorite Street Fighter character to even use. That spot goes to Chun-Li for me (I hope she either a trophy, Assist Trophy, or a Mii Costume If not I'll be somewhat pissed). I understand why he's coming in a way. I just don't know. Him and Roy were characters that I was not expecting. I mean Roy I somewhat get because, first off he's a Nintendo character and he does have fan demand behind him (especially in Japan). Ryu never was a that highly requested of a character for Smash to even begin with. Not unless there is a Nintendo vs Capcom game coming our way in the future and its exclusive to Wii U, and there using Ryu as that for cross promotion for the game then yes I'll be behind it. That is if we get a Nintendo vs Capcom game. A Nitnendo Vs. Capcom game doesn't seem too far off with how Capcom and Nintendo have been collaborating with each other and the other major third party companies. Either way I'm slowly warming up to the idea of him coming in I just don't know how I'll feel about it. If Capcom is using Ryu as some sort of apology for Nintendo for not being there over the past recent years for the company then yes I'd be more accepting to
have Ryu for that gesture.

Phoenix Wright: 10%
I'll be fine if he's a trophy we don't need anymore possible third party characters for the same company. Wasn't there a rumor saying that Nintendo and Sakurai had to take control over Capcom for Smash 4 when in early development because they wanted to have more of THEIR characters in Smash. We all know how Capcom is when it comes to their crossover games. If Capcom can warrant possible two characters in Smash then I hope Sega and Nacmo gets their end of the deal and have another one their popular characters in.Capcom can't get everything. Especially with the financial problems they've been having.
Nominations: x2 Lip

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
You would think nintendo is aware of this because other developers are but.....They're not their games are always and i mean always getting data mined and info leaked.Real shame to this would have been hype if not leaked

Last edited by a moderator:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Ryu -

Chance - 90%
I feel as if this is all but confirmed. If it was in the base game with no patches/updates, we could dismiss it as leftover data. However, it was found in a patch, meaning they added it afterwards. I don't think Sakurai would add Street Fighter music randomly. I'm sure we will find out at E3.

Want - 60%
He's kind of similar to Snake. Both were prominent on Nintendo systems back in the late 80s/90s, but have left Nintendo in the past decade or so (mostly). That said, I think Ryu and Street Fighter are very iconic and he is a good choice. Not a big fan of having too many third parties in a game about Nintendo All Stars, but as long as we don't have over 5 third parties and all are deserving it's fine.

Phoenix Wright Prediction - 4%

Rhythm Heaven character x5

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
watch it be that ryu also comes with SF4 on the wii u as an announcement
I was thinking that they would release an enhanced version of SF5 on the Nintendo NX (like Super Street Fighter 5 or something) in addition to Ryu being in Smash.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Okay, now that things have quieted down a little bit, I have a big suggestion in light of today's E3 announcement-announcements.

RTC E3 WEEK!

Here is the schedule I propose for next month for E3 week:
starting Sunday night, June 14th-15th Pre-E3 Predictions and Discussion
starting Tuesday night, June 16th Nintendo's E3 Digital Direct Satisfaction Scores
starting Wednesday night, June 17th Post-E3 Discussion Cool-Off Day / everyone gets 15 nominations on this day!
on Thursday the 18th we can resume rating as usual.

The benefits of this make this the go-to thread for discussion of all things E3. It also gives us a break from our routine. This is the thread where we are directly encouraged to talk about all things Nintendo history, so why not spend a brief period dreaming about Nintendo future?

The benefit of a day or two of cool-off afterwards (combined with 15 bonus noms for everyone) is to give everyone a chance to contemplate how E3 undoubtedly affects the chances, positively or negatively, of many characters. We may be introduced to new characters, we may have DLC confirmations, characters we've already rated may have been given major roles that we didn't anticipate, etc. This will surely change our perceptions of multiple characters, and you can spend these bonus nominations accordingly to what it is important to you guys to rate or rerate.

E3 Week would be a load of fun. Rate Their Chances has gotta go big or go home.

What does everyone think of this proposed plan? @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice ?
Yes, let's go with that.

Ryu
Chance: 100% - I have no reason to doubt the leak at this point.
Want: 5% - Well, he'd better than some characters.

Phoenix prediction: 1% (Wolf Link and Midna can take a seat)

Nominations: DLC Music Pack x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
RYU
CHANCE: 85.41%
WANT: 52.37%
Only Veterans Wolf and Roy managed to score a higher chance rating than Ryu so far. Next up we're rating Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney, also please predict what score Lip will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Phoenix Wright

Aside from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, this lawyer has a perfectly consistent track record of appearing on Nintendo platforms, a feat that Ryu and even Mega Man have failed to accomplish. If Capcom were to have a third representative, Phoenix Wright would be a shoe-in!

"OBJECTION!"

"That first statement may be true, but Mega Man and Ryu are FAR more iconic than I ever have been. If a third Capcom character were to be considered for the Smash Tournament, there are other candidates from more popular franchises. Even if their presence on Nintendo systems isn't perfect, they still have more recognition than my series."

You have a point, Nick. Does a 10% chance rating sound realistic to you?

"That's fine with me, King."

Chance: 10%

He's not out of the question due to his history with Nintendo and being at least somewhat iconic, but more well known Capcom characters might be a higher priority than him, and that's assuming the company ever does receive a third rep.

Want: 100%

It is both physically and mentally impossible for me to say no to this:

Words cannot describe his moveset from UMvC3.

Prediction: Lip - 10%

Nomination: Zael x5

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Oh, I came early.

Phoenix Wright
Chance - 5%
Yes, technically Ryu and Mega Man are owned by two essentially different companies, but they're still under Capcom. I can't really imagine a third Capcom character getting in. If any other third parties get in at this point, it'd be from Sega, Namco or another company entirely.

Want - 5%
Pleaaaaaase don't hunt me down for saying this, but... I'm not really a fan of the Ace Attorney series, so Phoenix wouldn't really get me hype like other people. The only Capcom reps I could ever really want are Mega Man and Ryu, and well.... I might get both of my wishes there.

Prediction
Lip - 25%
Well, she's been represented through an item for a few games now. Maybe it doesn't have too much of a bearing on her?

Last edited:

Lenrap

Smash Rookie
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 40%
He's already appeared in the Marvel vs Capcom series, so I doubt he'll appear.

Because who doesn't want to kill someone with lawyer things?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...I'll let other people post all of the gifs...you know they're coming...

Phoenix Wright

While a fighting lawyer is a cool concept, he's suffering under the same problems as any thrid-party. And in this case, he may not be iconic enough. There is a caveat though - he's extremely well known, but not so much for the games as he is for all of the memes that came out of it. Could be fun, but talk about someone hard to make a moveset for. True, it's been done, but...well, time will tell. Honestly, I don't have much to say, but things aren't looking good for him. And the fact that a Mii Gunner can be fitted with the exact same suit makes it seem like this is exactly what Sakurai meant when he allowed Miis in in the first place.
So, I feel like I've mentioned my bias against 3rd parties before, but yet again there's an iconic character. So I wouldn't be too against his inclusion, since he's memetic enough, but not everyone is getting in. I'd prefer to put my stock in a deserving 1st party.
Prediction - Lip: 9.8%

Nomination:
Squirtle x2
Daisy x3​

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Phoenix wright change 10%
If capcom were to get a 3rd rep in my mind it would be him.Iconic capcom character,one of the Ds stars(maxwell and cooking mama along with him) and just a greatgreat character

Phoenix wright want:100%
I say if not this game smash 5

Lip prediction:10%

Captain syrup x3
slippy x 2

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
--

Can I say something, real fast?

Around eleven months ago, talk of a different leak came to a head. Any debate surrounding it quickly devolved into a battle. Sides were taken, lines drawn, and people attacked. Anyone whose views didn't match up with the majority, or with whoever was being loudest at the moment, became a target by those who felt justified in targeting them.

Two months later, a different leak came to the forefront. Even though we'd just gone though something similar, the same thing happened. You couldn't so much as voice a dissenting opinion without readying yourself to get bashed just for voicing a dissenting opinion. The most zealous leak supporters even acted like anyone who wasn't with them deserved to be harassed.

One of those leaks turned out to be real, and the other incomplete and outdated...but that's beside the point. The way discussion surrounding them became a matter of identity and then a crusade...it was one of this community's lowest points.

And now...I've seen signs of it happening again.

We're at a crossroads here. I remember firsthand what happened twice not even a year ago, and I know several others who were here and must remember it as well. We have a chance to keep it from happening a third time...and I dunno about the rest of you, but I really don't want to see it happen again. Let's keep this as a place for debate, discussion, and speculation of all kinds, not a schoolyard where anyone who has the high ground can kick around anyone who doesn't.

This space is for all of us...even those we may not see eye to eye with.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Objection overruled, the court is now in session!

Phoenix Wright

Chance - 8%
With Ryu possibly going to be revealed soon, it goes to show that Capcom would rather have their more famous characters featured in Smash instead of him despite his fandom. So seeing a third Capcom character that is nowhere near as iconic as him and Rock is as possible as a playable Franziska Von Karma in a future Capcom Vs. game, which truly pains me as an Ace Attorney fan. The smartest thing in terms of third parties to expect is if another company gets a second "rep" like Cashcom or it can be for a completely new company like Ubisoft's Rayman.

Want - 70%
Like I've said earlier, I've been a fan of the series since the first game due to its interesting cast of characters and gripping cases. Phoenix is technically what makes the game (Unlike his husbando rival Edgeworth) and the game would not be so memorable if it weren't for his determination and top ace courtsmanship. His inclusion was welcome in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, so I would gladly welcome him in Smash too if given a chance another day.

Prediction
Lip - 15%

Nominations: Daisy x5

Last edited:

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
OBJECTAROONI AND CHEESE:
Chance: 0.0001%. Yes that low. And here is why.
He is a third party character.
The company that he comes from already has 1 rep, and possibly 2.
He isn't that wanted from what I have seen around the internet.

Want: 100%.
I would love to see him in battle, plus he would be a better rep than Ryu, since he is not a traditional fighter, and he would be more unique.
Lip Prediction:34%.

Nominations Ninten x5.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I now call on the defense to the stand...

Phoenix Wri--

'OBJECTION!!!!!!'
over ruled...

Phoenix Wri--

'OBJECTION!!!!!!'
sustained!!

Phoenix Wri--

'OBJECTION!!!!!!'

ORDER IN THE COURT!!!!

Phoenix Wright

It has come to my attention that the defense Phoenix Wright is indeed Capcom property. Capcom is currently collaborating with the game of Super Smash Brothers with the inclusion of Megaman being a playable fighter within said game. However I shall call Ryu as witness, your honour!

With Ryu comes a second Capcom representative regarding third party Legality issues. As well as unforeseeable circumstances regarding number of 'reps' as the kids call it per third party company. Thus it has come to my attention that defense Phoenix Wright is hereby---

Your honour, witnesses have stated that Phoenix Wright has been seen in Capcom fighting games in the past. And has indeed a potential for a viable moveset that may bring something unique to the mentioned game of... *looks down at papers*... Super Smash Brothers!

*evidence*

The verdict! the defense Phoenix Wright's chances are hereby small but not insurmountable!
Chances are hereby deemed: 10%:smash:

OBJECTION!!!

sustained....

The Court is now adjourned!

----

Want: 25%
I will uphold my right to remain silent such that I shall not incriminate myself in the court of law in the presence of the jury...because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!

lawyers...lol

----

Prediction:
Has the evidence been tampered with?
Lip? or Simon Belmont?....
Lip-8.3%
Simon Belmont-14.3%
Pick whichever we are supposed to do...I don't even know anymore...

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
aka NOT guilty! I'm having too much fun with this...:troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

All right everyone! It is time for the defense to get ready in the trial of...
Phoenix Wright
But before that, let me call a witness... @Groose.
Chance: 1%
I am not very confident in Phoenix's chances of getting in Smash.
What he does have going for him is the popularity and legacy from Ace Attorney and his connections with Nintendo. Phoenix Wright is pretty well-known and Ace Attorney is a very popular visual novel franchise, I would argue that he is semi-legendary in that regard. The series has some pretty good sales and I heard that he is quite popular in Japan. You can't also deny how memetic parts of the game are, namely... that word and those two phrases. Ace Attorney also has a strong connection with Nintendo. While Phoenix has appeared in games that aren't on Nintendo consoles, namely Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, nearly (if not all) of his games are on Nintendo systems.
Unfortunately, he has some issues.
While he is popular, he isn't demanded. I think I've seen more requests for Layton than I do for Mr. Lawyer Dude. This can also be attributed to Mega Man, a legendary Capcom character, already getting in Smash. It's not good for him that Ryu has some data in Smash, suggesting that he may or may not be in the game. Lastly, while he does have moveset potential and the blueprints are made for him thanks to UMvC3, his moveset is still hard to transfer and translate in Smash.
Ultimately, I find Phoenix Wright to be unlikely.
Therefore, he is Guilty!

Want: 0%
I mean... he's a lawyer. Why would I want that...?

Wait a sec... there is a clear contradiction from my testimony from yesterday!

In terms of Capcom characters, I rather have Amaterasu and...

Phoenix Wright Prediction: 1.52%
This famous defense lawyer.
I clearly want him! I am going to revise my want score...

REAL Want: 100%
Between now and the last RTC, I started playing Phoenix Wright games, thanks to @Moydow especially. I am currently on the third game and I have to say... this series is pretty damn amazing. It has a lot of quirky and funny moments (though, some cases are a little too ridiculous... I hate you Case 3 in Justice for All) and some pretty good emotional scenes.
I would love to have Phoenix in Smash because not only am I loving the trilogy and the character, but I am interested in what he would bring to Smash. Some cool content and a pretty damn awesome moveset to boot. I mean, why wouldn't I want to be a defense attorney going around objecting people in Smash and KOing them with papers and evidence? I would laugh to see an innocent character like Kirby be committed of a crime. :laugh:
It's a pipe-dream, but damn do I want this to happen... it's a shame he (and Amaterasu) are owned by Capcom. :(
Maybe we can get music DLC? Maybe a special Capcom pack so that we can have Pursuit~Cornered?

Lip Prediction: 8.94%
I haven't seen too much demand for a retro...

Nominations: Music DLC 5x

BTW, there is an awesome, hidden link somewhere in this post if you can find it...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Chances: 7%
With Capcom's two most recognisable characters playable (Mega Man and soon Ryu), it's pretty unlikely they'll add Phoenix Wright into the game. He also needs a hefty amount of ballot votes, but I think 3 Capcom characters would be pushing it for now until we finally get Nintendo VS Capcom,

Wants: 100%
I know I've been on an Ace Attorney overdose lately and as such it'll lead into bias, maybe he's contesting with Rayman as my next most-wanted 3rd party character for Smash Bros!:laugh:

But there's no doubt. I LOVE the Ace Attorney series, and when Phoenix was confirmed in Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, he was my main from Day 1, and I don't care if he's low-tiered - his moveset there was perfect. Collecting evidence, finding false clues, building up your case until the final confrontation with the killer. His moveset was amazing, encompassing all aspects of the series.
Such a moveset could work well with Smash Bros, or they could make a brand new moveset that's even more inventive! His palette swaps were great too - Edgeworth, Godot, Larry Butz, even Sissel from Ghost Trick!!! :bee:

As much as I love Phoenix Wright, I don't think he can compete with Ryu and Mega Man in Smash 4. But if by Smash 5, Ryu gets dropped or Mega Man is adopted by Nintendo, Phoenix will stay as one of my most unlikely but would love the heck of characters. Court is adjourned.:smash:

Nominations: Sora (Kingdom Hearts) X5 (Nintendo appearances: KH - Dream Drop Distance, Chain of Memories)

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Phoenix Wright
Your honor, the defense is ready.

With Ryu's (likely) coming, Phoenix is the most iconic Capcom character linked with Nintendo. However being said this, the fact still remains that he would be the 3rd character added from the same 3rd party company. Maybe we could expect new Mii fighter costumes based on Ace Attorney. I would certainly have no objections against it.
If Nintendo ever buys Capcom, expect his chances to increase dramatically.

With no doubt, Ace Attorney is one of my favorite video game series of all time. At last I managed to play AAI2. The eccentricity from the series is what pretty much made love it so much and realize how it would fit extremely well in Smash. Right now, with its history with Nintendo, the series at least deserves a trophy. And let's not get even started with how pretty much any character from the series could serve as a potential assist trophy. And duking it out in a courtroom while court is in session?
Why can I only rate with 100%?

Nominations:
Monita x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Phoenix Wright:
Chances: 0,1%

LOL, Ryu is confirmed and people think this game will transform into Nintendo vs. Capcom.

-Nominations: Geno X5

Top Bottom