• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Ray: 10%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Ray: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Magolor: 40%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

Don't have much to say here either.

Tetra's chances: 15%

Tetra was possibly considered once, which might help her. But if a Zelda character becomes DLC, I think it will be Impa.

Want: 30%

Used to be one of my top picks for a Zelda newcomer, but I've lost interest.

Pichu prediction: 12.54%

His large hatebase will drag this way down.

Nominations: Meowth x5

Didn't realize Karate Joe only had five, or I would have helped him out before. Oh well.

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
Tetra
Chance: 40%. If that leak is true, then Sakurai is trying to get the forbidden 7 in. Plus, she is highly voted.
Want: 100%. Wind Waker is my favorite game of all time.
Pichu prediction: 33%.
Nominations: Ninten x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Tetra:
Chance: 19%
She could go in any direction, be it if she was the hypothetical 'toon_sheik' and considered like the other Forbidden 7 like Roy or Mewtwo, but she could be a character that gets in through the ballot.

Want: Neutral again, 46%.
It depends on how Sakurai wants to portray Tetra, a fast and speedy pirate with knives and using the other Wind Waker items? She'd be interesting, but I think she needs strong ballot votes to convince Sakurai.

Pichu prediction: 17%

Nomination: Yu Narukami (Persona 4) (Proof he's appeared on a Nintendo system: Persona Q - Shadow of the Labyrinth) X2
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) X3

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Tetra

Chance - 11.5% - Poor Tetra. She's one of the only Zelda incarnations to get an actual name for herself, yet seems to be getting pushed to the wayside. She's decently, but not supper popular, and with Impa and Gannon nipping at her heels, she suffers. I'm giving Tetra a slight edge due to seeming screaming more unique than the closest competition in Impa, so she might get passed over into the next Zelda Character.

Want - 87.75% - Still playing Wind Waker HD (I've been busy with other games), but I still like her. Being a pirate in and of itself gives her as much potential as Sheik did, and we don't have any real competition in the pirate category (K. Rool has other things to go back on, Shantae will have her transformation gimmick as more important, Maple has practically been forgotten about), and theirs the potential to take a few things she did with her. Probably my most wanted Zelda character (Vaati's a close second).

Pichu Prediction - 3.76% - You're delusional if you think he's even going to get more than 10%.

Nominations

New Palutena's Guidances X3
Anna (FE) X2

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A chance chart highly influenced by my ratings here in RTC:

V. 1:
99%- Wolf, Roy, Ryu
75%- Chorus Men
60%- Dixie Kong
50%- Snake, Ice Climbers, Inkling
40%- King K. Rool
20%- Captain Toad and Young Link
15%- Wonder Red, Krystal, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Paper Mario, Tetra
10%- Ray MK, Impa, Quote
7.5%- Sceptile, Shovel Knight, Shantae
5%- Henry Fleming and Magolor
1%- Banjo & Kazooie
0.1%- Ridley

I changed some of the ratings a bit for certain characters, only because I felt like I was overrating them a bit.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
A chance chart highly influenced by my ratings here in RTC:

V. 1:
99%- Wolf, Roy, Ryu
75%- Chorus Men
60%- Dixie Kong
50%- Snake, Ice Climbers, Inkling
40%- King K. Rool
20%- Captain Toad and Young Link
15%- Wonder Red, Krystal, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Paper Mario, Tetra
10%- Ray MK, Impa, Quote
7.5%- Sceptile, Shovel Knight, Shantae
5%- Henry Fleming and Magolor
1%- Banjo & Kazooie
0.1%- Ridley

I changed some of the ratings a bit for certain characters, only because I felt like I was overrating them a bit.
Shouldn't this be in the DLC chance chart thread thing? Or was this purposely placed here?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, it's like the previous ratings thing people do before they rate a character, only it's in chart form, I'll be sure to use that image (in spoilers) every time I rate.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Tetra - Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me... well not really.

Chance - Before I begin, let me just list who the "forbidden 7" are.
1. Toon Zelda (Just Toon Zelda?)
2. Roy (Status questionable)
3. Mewtwo (DLC)
4. Dr. Mario (already in)
5. Dixie Kong (I prefer K. Rool)
6. Toon Sheik/Tetra (both Toon Zelda & Tetra? And are they separate?)
7. Plusle and Minun (Gee I miss the Ice Climbers)
These characters... are really quite questionable to say the least (aside from Mewtwo). Plusle and Minun would definitely have been interesting to see, but they just didn't have the fame. Dixie is highly requested today, but seems to be overshadowed by the hulking croc himself. Dr. Mario and Roy are clones. Then, we have Toon Zelda/Shiek and Tetra.

With this evidence, I'll give 'em a chance of 10%.

These characters are quite odd choices I have to say myself. Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, and Roy are less questionable, but the others seem kinda odd. I have to wonder if at one point, the development team was considering "hmm, we've included Toon Link, how about a Toon version of Zelda," to which they stopped when they found it redundant, and cast the idea aside with scrapped characters.

I have no idea what Tetra would even be able to do. It's been suggested that she have a pirate themed moveset. OK, now where do we go from there? She'll need more than that, especially considering that two rivals for a spot in Smash (K. Rool and Shantae) are both pirates as well. It's also been suggested that she use Wind Waker items in Smash. This is all well and good, but Tetra herself never used the items. I'd feel a bit thrown off if Tetra was using these items.

Lastly, she's not very requested on the Smash Ballot. Who's to blame her? She's got competition from Impa, Vaati (hope I spelled that right), and hey, I've even seen Lana thrown around here and there a couple times. I don't see Tetra, a two (possibly three) off character who doesn't even exemplify their abilities doing to well, even Midna with only one canon appearance can do much better (who we've already rated before).

Want: 1% - Alright, I'm ready for the hate. Here goes. I've never played Wind Waker (also never played Ocarina of Time, but I did play Majora's Mask). There, I said it. I did however, play the much less interesting sequel, Phantom Hourglass. Needless to say, for a Zelda game, it just didn't wow me. Also, because of this, I don't really have much of an opinion of Tetra. That, plus the fact that I really don't know what she'd be able to do, I just really don't see a need for her. I'd much rather see Impa or even Vaati, even though I've never played a game with the guy before (I don't play much Zelda OK, although I still think it's a great series). All in all, I have no interest in seeing Tetra. Maybe we could give a Twilight Princess styled look for Tetra as an alt for Zelda?

Predictions: :pichumelee::172:Pichu: 12.07% :172::pichumelee:

Nominations:
Meowth X2
Chibi-Robo X3

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Tetra

Chance: 15%. I assume she was part of Toon Zelda who was part of the forbidden 7. Seeing as Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and most likely Roy came back it could happen. But transformations were removed so it hurts her chances. That said, the more likely Zelda character to be DLC is Impa.

Want: 40% She's an interesting character from my favorite Zelda game but there's other characters I prefer.

Prediction

Pichu:: 22%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Tetra

Chance: 15%
Too much competition with other Zelda characters.

Want: 5%
I'd prefer other characters to represent the series plus giving her the weaponry from Wind Waker seems a bit forced to me.

Nominations
Lip x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Tetra
Chance: 5% - Let's get this out of the way, there is no hardline evidence that she was ever planned for Brawl or that "Toon Sheik" actually meant Tetra, that's only speculation that we'll probably never know the answer to. She has also not been doing particularly well in any of the polls I've seen and is probably not doing very well in the ballot either. Her moveset would also have to be made up from scratch as she doesn't do very much in her games.
Want: 20% - She's not bad, but there are many characters I'd like to see ahead of her.

Pichu prediction: 7%

Nominations: DLC Music Pack x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
TETRA
CHANCE: 19.86%
WANT: 47.85%
Tetra managed to pull off a rather mediocre score. Can she defy the odds? Next up we're rating the infamous Pichu who constantly inflicts self harm onto itself. Also please predict what score Ryu will get tomorrow.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Pichu:

Chance: 1%

Want: 10%

I can care less about the Pichu being a veteran since self-damage mechanic really hurt its chances.

Ryu prediction: 95%

Nomination: Lip x 5

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Pichu
Chance: 35%
Melee veteran, so that helps its chances. What doesn't help is that it's by far the least popular of the remaining Melee/Brawl absentees.

Want: 0%
Didn't like it in Melee, and don't want it back.

Prediction for Ryu: 79.27%

Nominations: Phoenix Wright x5 (almost there...!)

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Pichu
Chance:
1%

Beyond maybe Roy and Wolf, I am doubtful that we will get any more veterans.
Pichu doesn't get an outright 0% because it's a veteran with an established moveset and Pichu does have some fan demand (in fact, one of PushDustin's polls shows that Pichu is more wanted than King K. Rool).
Other than that, Pichu has a lot going against it. First off, Pichu is a very polarizing character in Melee; you either loved him for his charm or hated him for being that pathetically weak character that hurt itself. Second is that since Mewtwo is back, we might not get anyone beyond him in terms of Pokemon, unless Pichu gets a lot of requests from the ballot. The ballot point is very unlikely because again, it's a very polarizing character and I think other characters will outcompete it.
I don't think Pichu has much going for it other than being a veteran.

Not interested at all. After Wolf, I'm good in terms of veterans.

Ryu Prediction: 85.93%
Ryu just HADOKEN'D a pipe because we have a lot of leaks going around...

Nominations: Phoenix Wright 5x

D

Deleted member

Pichu

+ Melee veteran.
-- Not very highly requested to return.

This would be my reaction if Pichu returned:

Prediction: Ryu - 95%

This world warrior won't need to defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance. (Kudos to anyone who understood that reference.)

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Roy C 85% W 30% (opinion has now changed to 0% want)
Ridley C 5% W 70%
Chorus Kiddos C 17% W 10%
Magolor C 23% W 100%
Midna and inferior Star Wolf C 0% W 0%
Ray C 10% W 20%
Tetra C 15% W 40%
Dlccostumes C 75% W 90%
:172:Pichu :172:
Chance: 45% Rather underrated for such a serious contender for a roster slot, Pichu has a big shot as a Melee Vet. Unfortunately though, he isn't a very popular Pokemon any more, and has to compete with the likes of Sceptile, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. He has one rather underrated aspect going for him now, self damage. "What? How would that help him!?" is probably what your thinking right now, but many have already forgotten this game's most controversial new mechanic, Rage. That's right, Pichu can actually benefit from taking damage now.He'd be a perfect way to introduce the mechanic to newcomers, and I think Mr. Sakurai would notice something this glaring.

Want: 90% (please don't kill me) Pichu was my secondary in Melee, so I'm obviously biased for him, just going to have to hope he'd actually be ok this time around. I actually prefer Pichu in Melee to Pikachu (not implying he's better than Pikachu, just his nimbleness fits me more than clunky Pikachu), because of his mobility and for the same reason many prefer Roy to Marth, personal character preference. Hopefully he'll get in.

Predictions: Ryu 85%
Nominations: Dr. Eggman x5

Last edited:

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
PichNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chance: 10%. If he gets in, he's going to be an alterate costume. There is no way Sakurai would make him his own character, unless there were hardware imitations.

Ryu Prediction: 77%.

Nominations: Ninten x5
We should get him high enough to do him on Thursday, that's the day he was released.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Pichu
chance 2.2%
he has evolved in to pikachu. I do think It's really unlikely it was a joke character.

Want 1%
no thanks but I did play that one pokemon ranger game that gave pichu a ukulele and not much else to him

Nomination
Ninten x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
PichNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chance: 10%. If he gets in, he's going to be an alterate costume. There is no way Sakurai would make him his own character, unless there were hardware imitations.
That would make no sense.
Pichu can't use electric attacks very well, he also has different proportions.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
What's with all the 1% chances? Not upset at all, just curious as to how his chance are that low, even with :roymelee:, who was in a similar situation leaked? I think I'm missing something perhaps?

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
That would make no sense.
Pichu can't use electric attacks very well, he also has different proportions.
I really never used pichu can you name some? also what would you think if he go in the game, something similar to lucario's aura ability like powering up his electric attacks?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Pichu

He doesn't have much of a chance considering his status as a joke character. Plus he has a pretty huge hatebase as well.

Want: 25%

I would like to have him for the sake of getting closer to having everyone from Melee returning though.

Nomination:

Tiki 3x
Anna 2x

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Emo Pikachu...(please do not take offense internet)

:pichumelee:Pichu

Chance: 2.5%
There's a trend going on with veterans so far. Melee vets seem to be favoured for return as well with both Dr. Mario and Mewtwo making their returns, and the likelihood of Roy coming back as well...Pichu is one of those melee vets that were cut in Brawl, however, unlike the other three, Pichu was never planned to be in the game in the first place...
Let's also look at the fact that he is quite hated amoung the Smash community, not because of his clone status or his character but because he has a terrrible gimmick due to his 'ability' to hurt himself while he attacks, paired with his light weight makes him just a joke overall. Which was pretty much the point. Hence why I think it is unlikely that he will be returning.

Joke clone character intentionally left out of Brawl, hatebase>>>fanbase, likely not a lot of Ballot support...Sakurai may not even bother considering the poor little mouse...no wonder he's emo (I'm pushing it)

----

Want: 5%
:172:He's quite adorable! You have to admit. He was fun to play as, but that's the key word....fun! When things got serious I had about 5 or so characters I was pretty good with in melee, and probably another 10 or so that I was decent with...Pichu is still not anywhere to be found amoung those decent characters, not that I was bad with him just never really used him outside of f*cking about. If I want an adorable character with electricity Pikachu works just as well...actually he works a lot better tbh...

----

Prediction: 82.3%
Ryu (Hadouken!)
Same situation as Roy, but with Third party stuff and no vet status, and not quite as polarizing and is an Iconic Fighting Game character...

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
aka NOT emo Samus (I'm so going to hell)

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Pichu:
Chance: 10%
Hey, we got wii fit trainer, so there's no way I'm giving a veteran anywhere below 5%. (Except for duo ice climbers, but solo ice climber could be a thing) If Roy has an 88%, then Pichu deserves at least a 10%.

Want: 50%
Do I want to see him as a character? NOPE.
Do I want to see everyone rage over him getting in? YES.

Ryu Prediction: 75.3%
Will be grossly overrated due to leak hype.

Nominating 6+ dlc characters x5

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Pichu
Chance: 25%
Only because DLC is possible now and only if Sakurai really is planning on bringing back most of the Melee cut characters. Dr. Mario was first, Mewtwo was next, and now Roy might confirm this.

No hate to the Pichu fans I'll be happy for those that want him in but as for me I'll be kind of pissed if they do. Never liked the idea of having two Pikachu's in Melee and was relieved he didn't make his way back in Brawl. I prefer any character to make it in way before Pichu and same goes for Young Link too. If they do tweak Pichu I'll be alright with it but I don't want him back whatsoever.

Predictions
Ryu:
- Chance: 85% - Want: 75%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Pichu:

Chance: 30%

From the Melee Veterans Only Young Link and Ice Climbers (techincal issues) have worst chances to be playable... but still, he is a veteran, and that help him A LOT

Do I want to see him as a character? NOPE.
Do I want to see everyone rage over him getting in? YES.
Can be fun xDDD (I actually want to know... what thing Sakurai could change in him?).

Predictions:

Ryu:

Chance: 85%
Want: 70%

Nominations:

Micaiah x3
Tiki x1
Kos-mos x1

D

Deleted member

Why even nominate or put up Pichu, everyone hates Pichu... You should know that its (almost) always 0-0 from everyone... BUT...

I wouldn't mind our tiny veteran returning to a future Smash Bros game or DLC. If it can receive new attacks, damage only under certain heavy attacks ( e.g fully charged Smash Attack ) it will be the icing to the cake.

So chances are low but my Want score is 87%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Pichu

Chance 5%

Plain and simple

1 :4mewtwo: (he just koed pichus spot i think only one spot per series.)

2 im wearing my bullet proof vest for this but most despised character in all of smash in my opinion due to all electric attacks are kamakazi attacks (self damageing)

Want 0%

Haters gonna hate this pichu hate

Prediction

Ryu 75%

Well roy got 88% so ryu might be significantly lower from the sound files found.

Nominations

Anothney higgs 5x (haters gonna hate)
Rundas 4x
Viridi 1x

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Pichu
For being a veteran. That is ALL Pichu has for itself... melee veteran status
Seriously. Get. Out.

NO ONE LOVES YOU PICHU
GO AWAY
FOREVER

AND TAKE YOUNG LINK WITH YOU

Ryu prediction: 87.2%

Nominations: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo) x5

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Pichu change:20
He's a vet not a popular one but still a vet which means he's more likely than think.However out of all the vets he probably the last on everybody wishlist so yeah.

Pichu want:100%

I want all vets so yes I want Pichu hell pichu was one of my melee mains(aka I suck at melee so he worked for me) so j would love to see him back

Ryu prediction: 80%

Slippy x5

StormC

Smash Hero
@ StormC StormC gets the extra five today.
Damn I'm good. Phoenix Wright 10x.

Previous ratings:

1. K. Rool: 75%/100%
2. Banjo-Kazooie: 10%/70%
3. Isaac: 60%/40%
4. Bandana Dee: 50%/25%
5. Captain Toad: 25%/15%
6. Krystal: 25%/15%
7. Dixie Kong: 50%/50%
8. Impa: 50%/40%
9. Shantae: 15%/40%
10. Inklings: 55%/40%
11. Rayman: 30%/40%
12. Snake: 40%/70%
13. Wolf: 85%/60%
14. Shovel Knight: 20%/40%
15. Quote: 15%/45%
16. Ice Climbers: 10%/35%
17. Sceptile: 20%/50%
18. Wonder Red: 20%/35%
19. Promoted NPCs: 5%/Abstain
20. Henry Fleming: 15%/15%
21: Paper Mario: 30%/20%
22. Roy: 95%/0%
23. Ridley: 5%/80%
24. Chorus Kids: 25%/35%
25. DLC Alternate Costumes: 75%/75%
26. Magalor: 15%/30%
27. Midna/Link: 1%/5%
28. Ray: 20%/35%
29. Tetra: 20%/20%

So Pichu.

Chance: 15%. Somewhat requested, but a character Sakurai seems more than willing to forget.

Want: 0%. Probably the Melee clone I'd hate to see the most.

Ryu prediction: 90%

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Pichu:

Chances: 20% - He's sort of popular (for some reason), so he's got that going for him.

Want: 0% - There are better Pokemon to choose than some bobblehead emo baby Pikachu.

Predictions: Ryu -
Chances: 70%
Want: 67%

Nominations:
Ninten x5

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Pichu

Improbable? Yes, but not impossible.

No thanks. What about poor Raichu?
Perhaps he'll get his chance another day.

Nominations
Lip x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
PICHU
- Well, he was in it once before. I don't really see that much preventing him from reappearing entirely. Sakurai doesn't care about the number of reps like we do, so having seven pokemon is a possibility. His likelyness of bein gthat seventh pokemon is greatly crushed by Sceptile and others, though.

- We got Mewtwo and Lucas is on the way. If the next DLC is a veteran, it has got to be Wolf. Even though Wolf is at the Top of my DLC hopes, I don't want all the DLC to be veterans. I'd love to see an even distribution of Veterans and Newcomers, personally.

Prediction: Ryu - 85%
Note: My prediction does not reflect my opinion

Nominations: Dark Samus x5
Well... Metroid does need a new rep... and if we can't get Ridley...

Top Bottom