• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Pichu
Chance - 5% He's got better chances than Young Link at least, but he's still super unlikely imo.
Want - Abstain

Ryu chance - 99% Unless something debunks the data or official word comes out that he was scrapped, he's as good as included.

Nominations:
Don't Speak Her Name x1
Captain Falcon's theme x1
Moonstruck Blossom x1
Concept: Shadow Moses stage/music/Grey Fox AT bundled with Snake x1
Mecha-Fiora (Xenoblade) x1

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Character Chance Ratings

1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Ice Climbers - 30%
11: Captain Toad - 30%
12: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

13: Magolor - 25%
14: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
15: Quote - 21.5%
16: Shovel Knight - 20%
17: Shantae - 20.5%
18: Tetra - 20.3%

19: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%
20: Ray - 5%
21: Pichu - 5%
22: Ridley - 5.5%
-: Ryu - ?.?%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
11: Ridley - 50%
12: Inkling - 30%
13: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

14: Rayman - 25%
15: Quote - 23%

16: Krystal - 20%
16: Dixie Kong - 20%
17: Tetra - 20.5%

18: Roy - 10.5%

19: Captain Toad - 5.5%
20: Ray - 4.5%
21: Pichu - 1%
-: Ryu - ?.?%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A
RATINGS

Pichu

Chance - 5%: Pichu already comes from dire straits out of Melee. Not to mention the heavy competition remaining in the Pokémon series now that Mewtwo struck back. Pichu's purpose was to pad out the roster as a clone of Pikachu, implemented as a joke character of sorts. And the joke you ask? Having all his specials and a couple smashes & aerials damage him! (Also, yes Smash Pichu is confirmed male. No spiky-ear.) As accurate as that is to Pichu's PokéDex entries and the anime, that qualifier made him designed to suck! If he was a true Lethal Joke Character, his moves would take a ridiculous, critically-damaging turn instead of swapping Pikachu's moveset onto him and putting in a mechanic that makes him even casually unviable! Besides, Luigi's basically Smash's Lethal Joke Character down to his personality.

Now let's talk about the ballot. Things aren't looking any brighter for Pichu on this front. I never see him break any top spots in polls. Granted, he has a group of supporters here and notably much more popular in Japan. but they only make up a rather miniscule slice of the Smash fandom pie. Even then, they're still not enough to damper the vocal hatebase surrounding Pichu.

Also, it's not that another Pokémon isn't possible because "muh reps", it's just that it's highly unlikely people will want another one after Mewtwo. Pichu's been a rather notable minor mascot for the Pokémon franchise since Gen II (Ukelele Pichu in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, Pichu Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee, etc.) But there are myriads of Pokémon with much more appealing factors to Smash than Pichu ever was.

The least he's got is his veteran status somehow compelling him to a free pass to future Smash installments. A popular fan theory revolving around the Forbidden Seven data files in Brawl posits that Young Link and Pichu were planned to return, only to be both cut. Instead, Toon Link is arguably Young Link's replacement while the ambiguous Prai_Mai file is said to be Plusle & Minun to replace Pichu, but was cut for reasons unknown (widely speculated to be time constraints.) I'm sorry, but if Pichu was cut in his original form, only to have his supposed successor(s) cut as well, and the concept of a 2nd Pikachu was scraped from Brawl's final roster, then there's a snowball's chance in Hell that Pichu will return to Smash 4. Even then, this evidence doesn't verify this theory to be true until Sakurai comes out and says so. It'll just remain extremely plausible until then.

Sorry, Pichu, looks like the only release you'll be seeing is in the PC Box. :troll:

Want - 1%: Wow, my lowest rating yet. That's quite an honor you got there, Pichu.

Clones have a history of being vilified in the Smash fanbase. The rest of the Melee cuts seem to fall under this category. However, the only one who has the right credentials to age him over the years is Roy. As much as I hate the idea of Roy returning, at least he's got a lot more to offer to the point where he's a semi-clone. Even with a Luigification or revamped moveset on Pichu, what more should I want than what Pikachu already provides me?

In all my time playing Melee, Pichu is only entertaining a little while after the first time you unlock him and then he seldom gets picked to **** around. If you're in the right group of friends, arguments about how much of a waste of a character he is comes up, either getting heated or ending in unanimous agreement.

That demonstrates just how far his hate goes outside the fandom. If we're talking about selling him as add-on content, especially with his Melee moveset, I wouldn't be surprised if his development costs aren't broken even from the revenue they get back. I bet I can make more off a 25¢ gumball machine than Pichu DLC!

Pichu, your Lethal Joke Character status wasn't even funny the first time. You're more like our Scrappy than anything else.

PREDICTION

Ryu

Chance - 98.97%
Want - 70.45%

Excuse me while I take a leak.

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x2
*Concept: Smash 5 has 10 Year Wait Cycle x2
*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x1

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pichu's veteranhood didn't save him in Brawl, he wasn't even planned.
I highly doubt he'll get in now as DLC, considering Sakurai said it's about making fans happy.

Roy had a big fan-base in Japan, topping polls along with Mewtwo.

That he's not liked in the west doesn't mean he's in the same league of Pichu.

It didn't save :4lucas:and :wolf: from getting in the main roster of Smash 4 either though, DLC is not the time where only limited spots can be made and veterans have to be cut, it's a time where all veterans can all be brought back so that every veteran fan is satisfied. If he's going to bring all of them back, I don't think he'll think about the ballot at all.

Remember that DLC needs to sell on his own, and I've seen many mini-marketeers that judge characters based on "selliness", but they're all gone today too, despite Pichu having an active hatebase.
We don't know if that's true really, based on Sakurai's direction of all of the Smash games, he's bound to think differently and not think about what sells.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
DAY 30 : Pichu (aka let the joke rage fans)
Chance : 0.001%
Ohhh how this fighter is soooo hated by old fans and gives a disgust face to the ones who discovers him. He was intended as a joke character who's only purpose was to fight...BADLY.
Weak defense, self-harming attacks, easy to make him fly to the moon, he's just a sandbag waiting to get punched. By fans that is.
Sakurai stated himself that Pichu was just here to fill the hole and didn't stop by that, he trolled fans with Pichu. Heck, even his trophy states how useless and worthless it is. Unless Sakurai wants to troll the fans again, we won't see the little mouse anytime soon.

Want :
1.72% cookies to the one who get that rating
Mmmmm I would like to see the fan rage, the little guy could bring a great tear show.
I'll just sit here with my popcorn and enjoy~

Prediction :

Ryu : 99.99%

Nomination : Geno (Super Mario RPG) Btw thanks for the peps who have been nominating Geno lately, brings me a smile :D Even tho I have the feeling you'll wreck him in the ratings when it's his turn XD

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy had a big fan-base in Japan, topping polls along with Mewtwo.
That he's not liked in the west doesn't mean he's in the same league of Pichu.
That's a load of bull. Roy is loved by the majority of Western fans that played Melee. FE6 hasn't even released in the West so people hating on him are just the same people that played the fanslation of the game and hate any lord that doesn't have OHKO abilities (cough Hector cough Ephraim cough). I just had to call that out.

Anyways, I don't really want to derail this thread so i'll drop it there.

Ignoring the fact that Plusle and Minum are not Pichu and nothing implies that they were made as a replacement for him like Young Link, Pra_Mai is not confirmed at all to be those two. The theory was just an assumption made by fans, and considering that there's a naming issue with those characters (their Japanese names are Prasle and Minun, meaning there's a lack of consistency in the same file name as it should be Pra_Mi then) and that their files are together rather then separate a la ICs, it entirely possible that it wasn't intended to be those two characters.
^ This. TLink already has different properties that YLink and his moves are a lot different. Whose to say that P & M would play the same way as Pichu anyways?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
That's a load of bull. Roy is loved by the majority of Western fans that played Melee. FE6 hasn't even released in the West so people hating on him are just the same people that played the fanslation of the game and hate any lord that doesn't have OHKO abilities (cough Hector cough Ephraim cough). I just had to call that out.

Anyways, I don't really want to derail this thread so i'll drop it there.

^ This. TLink already has different properties that YLink and his moves are a lot different. Whose to say that P & M would play the same way as Pichu anyways?
I didn't meant to say the West hates him, it was more like Roy isn't as popular in the West as he is in Japan.
Wording issues, m'bad

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know, i'm thinking that Pichu might end up being more likely than the rest of the potential PKMN DLC candidates with his vet status and being easy to make.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Pichu
Chances - 7.8%
Want - 7.8%
  • I can only see Pichu coming back if they're really planning on bringing all the veterans, and that means Young Link, which I do not like the thought of that. The masks aren't happening and we have to accept it guys.
Predictions:
Ryu - 98.89

Nominations:
Daisy x4
Crash Bandicoot

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Pichu, I Choose Anyone But You! Pichu Chances
Chance: 6%

Oh man, oh man, oh man. Pichu. The lethal joke of Melee that forgot the lethal part. Being one of the few veterans that probably has more hate than admiration among Smash members, Pichu probably embodies the exact opposite of what people desire in Smash. Every character must be viable in Sakurai's Smash IV, and that has been the case thus far. I cannot help but feel as though Pichu would be a new bottom-of-the-barrel in a barrel that doesn't have a definitive bottom. That isn't in Sakurai's design this time around. Yes, it has Japanese fans, but who doesn't? (Shovel Knight! Hahahaha I'm hilarious) Other veterans have more pull, and overall, would people pay for a smaller, lighter Pikachu that's not too great at using electricity? I'm going to wager that it's a no. And I'm not sure we're getting another Pokemon anyway, especially one that is kind of irrelevant.

I saw ratings like 40-60% here... And I'm not quite sure why.

Want: 10%
Sorry, this is NOT a Magikarp. I want the fish of death as the lethal joke of the Smash franchise. I want something to learn and be completely aware it's ridiculous and the one thing nobody wants to use. I'm just not sure if Pichu is what I want.

Ryu Prediction: 88.888%
While I was skeptical about Roy's files being anything to write home about (as anyone could have slipped those in as a joke), the files of a Capcom character in the game can't be thrown in without express legal permission. So it's much more likely.

Alright, nominations for today!
4x Professor Layton
And because I kept carping on about it, here's 1x Magikarp.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Pichu 20%
He is easily one the most hated characters, but he has SOME fans and if Plusle and Minum were actually considered as replacement to Pichu in Brawl that means that Sakurai WANTED to make a character like Pichu (it's just a theory, but that's the idea of this thread: predict :p)
And if Sakurai wanted to make a character like Pichu in Brawl that means that Sakurai cares for Pichu!!!
And with the 3DS limitations I don't see why Pichu wouldn't come back!!

Want 60% 89%
I don't really care, but just like I always say
"His fans will be happy"
EDIT: And his haters will be salty :shaker: :troll:

Also I was inspired to make some Pichu gifs!

I LIKE GUNS!! :pichumelee:
Also I don't really care for Ryu ¬¬
Prediction 90%

Poochy x 5

We need a REAL character from the Yoshi series! :yoshi:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Majority? Them's fighting words.
When it comes to the online Smash community, it's about 70 : 30. When were talking about Smashers in general, Roy is defiantly loved by the majority of fans.

Like I said before, I don't want to derail this thread. Lets drop this here.

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Pichu :pichumelee:
Oh boy...
Chances: 2% nah...
Want: 0% Sorry, I'm not hyped at all for returning characters beside :mewtwomelee:...

Ryu
Prediction 90%... the leaks...

Noms:
If you like to see something cute, vote for Bub/Bob :bubblebobble:x5

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Pichu?

Chances are Slim to None for all the reasons that have been stated...

There are better options in Pichu.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You people do know that Pra_Mai was never fully confirmed to Plusle & Minun, right?

:231:

Troykv

Smash Master
I give him a +15% partially because Shovel Knight can't has a better chance score that and actual Nintendo Character and Vet.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I give him a +15% partially because Shovel Knight can't has a better chance score that and actual Nintendo Character and Vet.
Please don't do that. We can re-rate Shovel Knight later if people feel it's necessary.

:231:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Pichu:
Chance: 5%
Alot of people hate the idea of him returning (rightfully so). I would have given him a lower score, but Roy proves that worthless Melee clones have a shot at coming back. That said Pichu is far more popular than Roy, so he doesn't stand the best chance.

Want: 0%
Really sad that people want him just to piss off fans. I would be incredibly upset to see him return. He was a stupid inclusion back then, and he'd be stupid now. We don't need more Pokemon, we don't need more carbon clones, and his relevance is dead. No thank you

Ryu Prediction: 92%

Nominations:
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It didn't save :4lucas:and :wolf: from getting in the main roster of Smash 4 either though, DLC is not the time where only limited spots can be made and veterans have to be cut, it's a time where all veterans can all be brought back so that every veteran fan is satisfied. If he's going to bring all of them back, I don't think he'll think about the ballot at all.
What proof do we have that's what's going on? All we have to go off are Mewtwo and Lucas. Isn't it quite the reach to extrapolate from that and assume they'd bring back every veteran?

With what we know, it's more likely they were the first and second to miss the initial cut.

We don't know if that's true really, based on Sakurai's direction of all of the Smash games, he's bound to think differently and not think about what sells.
And from what we've seen, he cares more about a character being unique or inspired. Seems more like an argument against your case than for it.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Pichu

Chances 10%

We already have a DLC Pokemon rep in the form of Mewtwo, and Pichu was intentionally made to be a bottom of the barrel character, even in the trophy description.

Want: 40%
It WOULD be funny if he/she came back.....NERFED!

Ryu
Chances before leak: 0.1% Shrek tier.
Chances after leak: 101% 99% Got in before K. Rool and Daisy tier.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
What proof do we have that's what's going on? All we have to go off are Mewtwo and Lucas. Isn't it quite the reach to extrapolate from that and assume they'd bring back every veteran?

With what we know, it's more likely they were the first and second to miss the initial cut.
Little proof so far, but going by Sakurai's words on making fans happy and that he hates cutting veterans, it certainly is possible.
Well going with Gematsu, Mewtwo would've probably been the only one to purposely miss the cut to test character DLC.
And I did say the chances of all veterans are pretty low, it's a bit of a reach, but it's not 0% possible. Feels like it has a 10% chance of happening IMO.

And from what we've seen, he cares more about a character being unique or inspired. Seems more like an argument against your case than for it.
Umm??? ?_?

:roypm:

I don't think he cares at all really.

(Cue explaining inspired and that Roy is inspired)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah with Roy potentially coming along. I'm not sure if Sakurai cares that much about characters being super unique for DLC. Especially considering he apparently wants to include as many characters and please as many fans as possible. That doesn't mean that he's going to just throw in a bunch of carbon copies for DLC, but that he might also include a couple easier to develop characters (Where it's appropriate mind) in the game in order to fulfill some more fan requests he may receive.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Pichu
Chance - 10%
Well, I mean, he could happen. But I don't think Sakurai would care enough to bring back a joke character over more popular veterans.

Want - 0%
No.

Prediction
Ryu - 99%
I am absolutely confident this is happening.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Pichu
Chance: 60%%
Want: 100%

Ryu Prediction: 95.43%

Nomination:
9-Volt x5

MainJPW

M.T.A
Pichu

Chance: 20%
He's a veteran. That's all I've got.

Want: 0%
Raichu's cooler.

Ryu Prediction: 98.9%

Nomination:
Ninten x5

Last edited:

Amiiben

Smash Cadet
  1. Pichu. Chance 38% he's a veteran and a pokemon two very popular things but a lot of people hate pichu so it could go any way. Want 50% All-star mode ,very hard,pichu

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pichu:
Chance: 5%. He was a low-priority clone joke character in Melee, that nobody really wants back.
Want: 100%. Except for me.
--------
Ryu prediction: 98%.
--------
Nomination:
Jill Valentine x5

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Little proof so far, but going by Sakurai's words on making fans happy and that he hates cutting veterans, it certainly is possible.
Well going with Gematsu, Mewtwo would've probably been the only one to purposely miss the cut to test character DLC.
And I did say the chances of all veterans are pretty low, it's a bit of a reach, but it's not 0% possible. Feels like it has a 10% chance of happening IMO.
Considering the entire last part of the Gematsu Leak is under question now, we don't know when they decided to go forward with DLC. But saying they must've held back Mewtwo to use to test the DLC process is...not only a stretch, but contrary to what we've seen of them. Why would Sakurai say repeatedly he wanted to make as complete a base game as possible before they talked about DLC, and then deliberately keep a character out in order to use him as a guinea pig? It doesn't make sense.

Umm??? ?_?

:roypm:

I don't think he cares at all really.

(Cue explaining inspired and that Roy is inspired)
We still don't know Roy's whole situation. He could be an alt, still. His spot in the code could even be a red herring! We can't call him an open-and-shut case yet until we know more.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We still don't know Roy's whole situation. He could be an alt, still. His spot in the code could even be a red herring! We can't call him an open-and-shut case yet until we know more.
I find that pretty unlikely as from what I've understood, there weren't any file names there for any other alts and I kinda highly doubt he was included there to mess with data miners and all. Not him (and especially not Ryu.....)

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
...and I kinda highly doubt he was included there to mess with data miners and all. Not him (and especially not Ryu.....)
Not quite what I meant. They could be red herrings not in the sense of deliberately throwing off dataminers, but in the sense of them not necessarily leading to the conclusion we think they are.

I mean, come on, people, didn't we realize last July that we can't assume anything is a lock?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not quite what I meant. They could be red herrings not in the sense of deliberately throwing off dataminers, but in the sense of them not necessarily leading to the conclusion we think they are.

I mean, come on, people, didn't we realize last July that we can't assume anything is a lock?
So what do you propose the Roy file could mean then?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Did you forget about Sakurai's interview regarding Mewtwo, why is it a stretch?

Delzethin, you need to consider how Sakurai didn't want to add Dr. Mario as an alt. costume. That would just displease the ones who mained Roy and are used to his middle of the sword playstyle.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think the point he's making is that there hasn't (yet) been confirmation...
We still don't know why the data's been added to the patch or why it hasn't been removed soon after...

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Wow, it looks the debate is starting to heat up here. That's surprising though, considering the fact that we're discussing Pichu. Of all characters. Anyways, try to avoid repeating what happened on Roy's day, guys.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Pichu - Uninspired explanations today

Chance: 1% - If Sakurai wanted to bring back all the veterans, this would include Pichu. However, that doesn't seem likely to me.
Chance as Pikachu alt: 10% - Definitely wouldn't mind this, but I don't think Sakurai would go this route either.

Want: 10% - Same rating I gave Roy, same rating I'd probably give Young Link. Veterans, so I can't complain too much, but I don't really want them.

Actually, mentioning Roy, stop talking about him everyone. Discuss Pichu, Pichu, and more Pichu.

Ryu Prediction: Uh huh, the other leak. OK, 86.1%

Nominations:
Chibi-Robo X3
Meowth X2

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So what do you propose the Roy file could mean then?
It could hint toward Roy being an alt for Marth or Lucina, and for some reason they had to give him a separate file instead of using Marth's or Lucina's file. Maybe it's leftover junk data from very early on, when Roy was considered but ultimately shelved, and it piggybacked in with the data for Mewtwo that was also put aside early but eventually finished. Maybe it's some other kind of junk data.

Those possibilities, as well as others we just aren't thinking of at the moment, are possible. I want to make sure we're aware of them and not jumping to conclusions, even if I have to play devil's advocate to do so.

...And it looks like I'm going to again later tonight...

Are you seriously comparing a text leak on the internet to data found in the games files? :p
Considering it still isn't 100% cut and dry...yes. I feel like assuming we know the whole picture already could set us up to get blindsided later on like it did last July, while we don't have anything to lose from holding up and remaining skeptical.

Delzethin, you need to consider how Sakurai didn't want to add Dr. Mario as an alt. costume. That would just displease the ones who mained Roy and are used to his middle of the sword playstyle.
Of course Doc's fans would've been mad if he was an alt...when Lucina and Dark Pit were already chosen to be promoted to clones. Doc only got the nod once they had time for the bonus clones, and they were deciding which alts to make clones of. It came off that way, anyway.

Meanwhile, something else I've noticed. They said they had to re-code Mewtwo from scratch, didn't they? Melee's code was too antiquated for them to work with, so they had to build him from the ground up? If all Mewtwo being a Melee vet did was let them skip one planning stage...then wouldn't that mean Pichu wouldn't actually be easy to make at all?

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Tetra: 15%
Ray: 10%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Ray: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Magolor: 40%
Tetra: 30%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

Pichu's chances: 20%

I think he has a decent chance of returning since he does have his fans, is a veteran, and might be easier to make than others. He also has a really big hatebase and was outright planned to be cut in Brawl, though.

Want: 20%

I like Pichu as a character, but as a Smasher, not at all. He is my least favorite character to play as in the entire series, and I don't particularly think he should have been playable in the first place, even as a clone. With that being said, I'm not giving him a zero because part of me would honestly find it kind of neat if every veteran (minus maybe Young Link) returned as DLC. I'd rather see some newcomers over most of them, but I wouldn't mind it.

Ryu prediction: 89.83%

Roy didn't hit 90%, so...

Nominations: Squritle x5

Top Bottom