• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Henry Flaming (CODENAME S.T.E.A.M.)
Chance:15%
As the game has not come out in Japan yet, I am unable to provide comments regarding in-game content. But judging from the info surrounding the game, I really don't expect it. While he is new, his game was never promoted as heavily like Splatoon was, but hasn't gotten spectacular reviews like TW101 has. The fact that he's based off an existing person in real life is another potential problem as well. Unless Nintendo has plans for a sequel to this game, I'm not expecting something big.

Want:10%
Well, he does hail from a new IP, so there's that. But he's too new to get anything more.

Paper Mario predictions:20%
The one other likely Mario newcomer besides Toad, not that either are likely in the first place.

Nominations:
Ray(Custom Robo) x5

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
DAY 20 : Henry Fleming
Chance : 14%
I guess he could be a good character to promote S.T.E.A.M like Inkling in Splatoon but I don't think this character is the one that needs to represent S.T.E.A.M. I think there's better candidates for that. But there's the double-edged sword thing like for the Inklings : having a character to promote the game would be the best but the game isn't out yet (probably will by the time the ballot ends).
Again, I think there's better S.T.E.A.M characters to represent the game then Henry Fleming.

Want :
0%
I haven't played the game yet to want this character. I may play the game in the future...

Prediction :
Paper Mario : 35%

Nominations : Geno (Super Mario RPG) x5

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Henry Flemming
Chance: 7%
The characters have unique mechanics that could go well with Smash but I just don't see them making it in since their title hasn't gained much attention. You could easily make these as Mii Fighters too just like Abe Lincoln in Mii Gunner suit. I do see items being incorporated in later Smash games though.

Want: 0%
Not really interested in them at all even though their game is really cool.

Prediction:
Paper Mario
- Chance: 30% - Want: 46%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x3
Ray x2

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Although debate is allowed, I'd request people to not call out others specifically for their Want score. Let people support whoever they want, you know? Considering the Want score is based on opinion, anyway.

:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good point. I will change my rating based on the information you have given me.
0%. Not Abe Lincoln.
How about, instead, you go play the game.
How about, instead you don't get defensive over what is obviously a joke.
Even I didn't give Henry Fleming a joke rating, I would have given him a 0% in want and maybe a 2% in chance anyway.
Although Fal stepped in, I just want to say that don't get too hostile with each other.
If you have a problem, take it to the PMs, not here.

The Directory has been updated.

Henry Fleming
Chance:
Abstain

To be honest, I dunno how to assess this sort of situation, so I think I will sit this one out.

To be honest, Codename S.T.E.A.M. never interested me. I thought the concept was both too silly and too stupid. The gameplay isn't that interesting, save for the Fire Emblem amiibo connectivity.

Paper Mario Prediction: 14.87%
The hopefuls will come... then again, I bet many are going to doubt his chances with phrases like "Too many Mario characters" and "We already have Dr. Mario."

Nominations: DLC Alt Costumes for Characters 5x

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Henry Fleming

Chane: 15%
He has potential, but Code Name S.T.E.A.M didn't sell that well and wasn't as hyped for as Splatoon.

Want: 30%
Played the demo for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. I liked it the game overall and I might get it later. I just don't know the characters and the abilities well enough.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
How about, instead you don't get defensive over what is obviously a joke.
Even I didn't give Henry Fleming a joke rating, I would have given him a 0% in want and maybe a 2% in chance anyway.
You should like you're the one getting defensive.
Although debate is allowed, I'd request people to not call out others specifically for their Want score. Let people support whoever they want, you know? Considering the Want score is based on opinion, anyway.
It had little to do with the want score (mind you, my original post include both the want and the chance). It was the reason, which is why I called them out for not playing the game (or doing a google search, really).

I want to go back to something Sakurai said a while back, that it wasn't enough for a character to be popular. The character had to bring something to the game. Lincoln, in the game, was more like a commander, and while very important to the story, didn't really fight outside of the mech. This is what annoys me. Your asking for a character who isn't playable in the game nor do they do anything in the game, verses someone who is (I'd argue too that they have a unique mechanic, but I guess that could be subjective).

@ Kenith Kenith : Joke or not, your post came out as uninformed and willfully ignorant. Thus, my response, but, in fairness, I'm sure the talk of Lincoln has to do with the fact that he as a person has more impact than a character from a book. It doesn't help that the game made him a very grand character, sometimes at the expense of other characters.

Now, this may be going off topic, but for you that played the Demo or the full game, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. I know some people here either didn't play it or didn't care for it. I'm just curious why.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@ SmashChu SmashChu Enough, please. This is going nowhere and I don't appreciate that you're making assumptions about what I and other people in the thread know. So drop the argument please. :urg:
EDIT: Plus two people have already called you out, including @ FalKoopa FalKoopa . :(

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Henry Fleming
Chance: 3%
Want: 5%
Abstaining from explanations.

Paper Mario Prediction: 20.1 %
Ahh... hard one to predict!

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Woops I missed yesterday. In short I think the chances of getting NPCs as playable are slim, unless they get an INCREDIBLE amount of demand, which is probably unlikely because not a whole lot of people will vote for NPCs due to the perceived impossibility. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming

Henry Flemming
Chance: 5%
Has a fair amount going against him. The game kind of seemed dead on announcement. It never garnered a whole lot of attention, and received a pretty lukewarm reception on release. The fact that it has yet to release in Japan further hinders him. I never see him do even remotely well in ballots, and is usually out-performed by Abe Lincoln. I'm not sure if Intelligent Systems is interested in pursuing this is as a brand new series, or if it just will end up as a one-off. His chances as DLC are pretty small if you ask me, but he's got a pretty good shot at getting into the next game, especially if some sort of follow-up happens. But even if it doesn't, with so few unrepresented series left, I could see it happen.

Want: 25%
I wouldn't mind seeing this guy get in. New Nintendo series are always welcome in my book, even if I haven't played it, nor have any desire to do so. 25% is the indifferent score for me. Don't really care if he's in either way so long as he brings something interesting to the table

Paper Mario Prediction: 20%

Nominations:
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Henry Fleming
Chances 10%
As far as I'm aware of Nobody didn't really care for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. If anything it kinda suffered just like the Wonderful 101 did. New small IP that didn't get too much attention or promotion. If Sakuari heard of this game he more than likely think this character won't have much of a future, if tthe series he came from doesn't get any kind of representation. If anything I think it only got shown in one direct before the April Direct and it was never heard of again. I doubt we'll get something of a playable character from this game. It didnt even do well in sales from what I've been gathering. I think if we're going to get a newcomer as DLC that is from a new Modern Nintendo franchise from something more recent it would more than likely would be the Inklings from Splatoon.

Want: Abstain
I was never interested in Code Name S.T.E.A.M so got nothing much else to say about this guy.

Paper Mario Prediction 20%:
Probably the only other Mario character that could get in. I don't see Waluigi or Daisy making the cut for DLC. This is the only other Mario character I think may have a chance. Though I think we shouldn't have another Mario rep, but if we had to get another one I'd be okay with Paper Mario.

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x3

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
This guy... m'kay
Chance: 2%
Fleming has just about nothing going for him. He's way too new. His game barely got any pre-release hype, or post-release hype. Also, he's kinda obscure, unlike the Inklings.

Haven't played the game. Don't care for it. Don't want him in Smash.

Paper Mario Prediction: 20%

Nominations:
9-Volt x5

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
henry fleming change:10%
I think the fact that nintendo never tried to push code name S.T.E.A.M the way they pushed spaltoon is saying a lot to how much they really care for the series.Henry could be unique and i think he's a lot likely than 1 or 2% but i can't see hom getting in the game at his current state

henry fleming want:15%
i wanna see what sakurai could do with the character but i have no ties to him

paper mario prediction:20% (for some reason people really are againsnt more mario characters coming into smash))

slippy x 5

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Character Chance Ratings

1: Wolf - 97.5%
2: Rayman - 60%
3: Snake - 55%
4: Inkling - 50%
5: Sceptile - 45%
5: Krystal - 45%
6: Dixie Kong - 43%
7: Wonder Red - 40%
8: Impa - 40.5%
9: Ice Climbers - 30%
10: Captain Toad - 30%
11: Henry Fleming - 25.7%

12: Quote - 21.5%
13: Shovel Knight - 20%
14: Shantae - 20.5%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Ice Climbers - 80%

7: Inkling - 30%
8: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

9: Rayman - 25%
10: Quote - 23%

11: Krystal - 20%
11: Dixie Kong - 20%
12: Captain Toad: 5.5%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings

1: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A

So today we're rating Henry Fleming.

"Whaaa? Whoooooo?" :lick:

Yeah, an addendum to all thread participants who have no knowledge of any character being rated: please conduct research on the character before giving them a final rating. If you go forward rating without knowing what surrounds the character, you are fudging the accuracy of the final ratings by being ignorant. If you are somehow incapable of doing this, please abstain from voting today.

RATINGS

Henry Fleming

Chance - 25.7%: Henry Fleming looks to have really bleak hopes for making it in Smash as DLC. A lot of this is exacerbated by the subpar reception and distribution of Codename S.T.E.A.M., his game of origin. This snowballs into making him a darkhorse candidate at best, with extremely dimished fan morale observed along forums & polls.

Henry has the notability of being the face of one of Nintendo's freshest franchises. This gives him an edge in autonomy from other characters. But this really lops him in the same coralle as the Inklings and Wonder Red. Of course, he's coming off the coattails of Codename S.T.E.A.M., which hasn't even been released outside of Japan yet, giving him American insularity. Not to mention, his game is a very polarizing experience for a variety of things. Commonly cited points against it are the dull gameplay system, the girth of content, and the story elements & characters being extremely cliche rather than parodying objectivism and chauvinism characteristic of the 'MURCIKA **** YEAH theme. And this is just to name a few. It's a bold attempt at making an cartoonishly grandiose game, only to fall flat and feel dense most of the time. This is not to say that Codename S.T.E.A.M.'s financial epic fail means that he's wheezed out all of his pressure (hehe) for being in Smash, but his popularity and recognition with the fanbase is much less than it should be. Not to mention his game's impression left a bad taste in many a mouth.

I don't think Henry's origins as a literary character disqualifies him at all. He is an artistically-licensed interpretation of a character that originated from a novel (The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane) that's in the public domain. This point is moot anyways as the Kid Icarus characters are heavy departures from Hellentic heroes & gods (Pit = Cupid, Icarus, Mars? / Palutena = Athena)

As far as I know, the historicity of Henry Fleming and his regiment are fictional. That's gonna be a point that'll hurt Abraham Lincoln. This interpretation of Henry was developed within a Nintendo-owned studio and is owned as a 2nd party property. Saying that Henry isn't a Nintendo character is like saying Saber from Fate/ isn't a Nasuverse character because they are based off legendary fictional figures. Yet alone saying that they're actually Henry Fleming or King Arthur respectively. Both characters depart extremely far from their base characters (Henry is a steampunk secret agent solider dude. Saber is a female version of the famous King of Knights who is portrayed as broken by upholding the prosperity of her kingdom rather than being emboldened by it.) Both still fit with the base character's plausibility.

Please read @ SmashChu SmashChu 's post on the previous page, as it outlines Henry's moveset potential better than I could, which also compliments making his "gun-toting steam solider" archetype very nuanced and attractive. Much like I did with Chrom's "blue-haired lord with a sword." (Speaking of, seems like I triggered a minor Chrom vs. Lucina/Robin debate yesterday. Oh, if only I partook.) Besides all the various firearms the Agents of S.T.E.A.M. can equip, the use of his Jetpack Boiler can make for a more practical recovery option and allow better aerial mobility and jumping maneuverability. The only sub-weapon that I associate Henry with (also seen through various promotional gameplay footage) are those ballistic eagle bombs. Forget what they're called. Not even a good Google Search identifies them.

Even with all these ballistic and bullet-based attacks, I'm sure there wouldn't be any real rating jump just from including him for slightly more realistic weapons. If it came down to the ESRB having a beef with the rating, the DLC would make the game a T instead of the initial game. Remember, "Rating May Change During Online Play."

Want - 30.5%: Henry Fleming feels way too new for me to vote for him. I want to avoid new franchises as much a possible, ideally for sure as far as DLC goes. This is not to say I wouldn't be open for their inclusion for Smash 5, however. I feel the same about the Inklings and Wonder Red. Also, I have no attachment to the character and I've only played the Codename S.T.E.A.M. demo. Thought it was alright. Played like a poor man's Valkyria Chronicles or XCOM. I'd totally take it over many other recent games and it doesn't feel cringewothy bad. Just not very appealing to me.

I'm sure I would find him entertaining to play as with his Overwatching, guns-a-blarin', steam-powered, explosive arsenal. I'm also a literary buff and a writer, so Henry also has this "exotic" quality that tickles my fancy. I never heard of him or his novel before Codename S.T.E.A.M. and it's that obscurity, relic-y element that makes him feel more distinct compared to most other characters in the literary stable. If he doesn't even make it into Smash 5, he'd make a really neat Assist Trophy.

But, if there's any Henry that's superior to the rest, take a look at my avatar. ("Have some death!" "I'm gonna kill you!" "Nyahehehahaha!")
:awesome:

PREDICTION

Paper Mario

Chance - 35.67%
Want - 65.78%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x3

Galacta Knight x1
Anna x1

(I love my first-love FE waifu. Miss you bae. <3)

Last edited:

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
What Are We, If We Are Not Our Stories? Henry Fleming Chances
Chance: 9%

Well... Things don't look good for 'the youth'. Considering that Henry Fleming is a character in a book that is meant to deal with the illusion of war as glorious only to discover that this is indeed not the case and to be traumatised by his experiences (I read a quick summary, so if this is wrong please don't kill me, wasn't on my curriculum), having him in a fighting game is odd, particularly as a protagonist. Putting him into Smash would be odder again (don't make him play For Glory).
While he's new Nintendo IP, there's not much in the way of internal resistance. Compare him to an Inkling though. One is already highly identifiable, and the other is not. Codename STEAM was a cool concept that ultimately didn't deliver to its fullest, and the sales have reflected that. I feel as though the Fire Emblem unlockables using Amiibos were one of the few things that people paid attention to-- but those are few and far between, so I doubt many people bought the game for this functionality. It hasn't been released in Japan either, so I believe, as it's packed full of iconic American characters that might lack an identity in Japan. I'm not sure whether it's an IP that they will be stumbling over themselves to include in Smash. Maybe as an Assist Trophy if it's still even vaguely relevant when the next game rolls around, but...

Want: 1%
Although not protagonists, there are many more interesting characters in the game than Fleming. What about the Lion from Wizard of Oz? I'd like to see some kind of Codename STEAM representation, but I'm not sure whether this should happen in the form of Fleming.

Paper Mario Prediction: 24.715%
Deep inside me, I have a mighty need for Paper Mario. But Mario saturation stands in his way.

5x Professor Layton votes pls thank u kin sir

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Henry Fleming:
Chance: 10%

Nominations:
Concept Ken Alt x5

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
It's currently only out in the US. The rest of us (Japan, Europe, etc) don't get it for another two weeks.
When I first saw that in your rating post, I thought you were wrong. But realizing this is actually true baffles me. :crazy:

What Are We, If We Are Not Our Stories? Henry Fleming Chances

Well... Things don't look good for 'the youth'. Considering that Henry Fleming is a character in a book that is meant to deal with the illusion of war as glorious only to discover that this is indeed not the case and to be traumatised by his experiences (I read a quick summary, so if this is wrong please don't kill me, wasn't on my curriculum), having him in a fighting game is odd, particularly as a protagonist. Putting him into Smash would be odder again (don't make him play For Glory).
I think I'll read it in my own time then. :awesome:

I don't see how character psychology does anything to hamper the idea of him being realized in Smash. In the game, Henry seems like a valiant, bravado-bursting solider while being a bit of a snarker. Seems like that would fit in Smash. Anyone who's played through the game can correct me if this doesn't sound right. Yet (Zero Suit) Samus, Snake, Shulk, and the Star Fox crew members seem to exhibit PTSD and they seem to be fighting just fine. The Fire Emblem character seem to realize the reality of war and might even be a bit hesitant of killing their enemies (pay attention to Marth's idle animation.) I can see Henry's traumatic experiences motivating him to fight in some way. Perhaps to defend his interests or subdue his opponent without having to kill him.

I'm looking too far into this.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
HENRY FLEMING
Chance: 13%
Want: 40%

I don't think he's a likely DLC candidate for a number of reasons. Even though his game just came out a couple months ago, he's not that well-known or popular among the general video game population. Unfortunately, his game didn't sell many copies which further lessens his chance of getting a spot on the roster. Admittedly, I have only played the demo which is a little bit fun but not exactly something I want to continue playing.

PAPER MARIO
Prediction: 17.5%

NOMINATION
Elma x5

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
When I first saw that in your rating post, I thought you were wrong. But realizing this is actually true baffles me. :crazy:
Me, wrong? Hmph.

:p

Yeah, I was really disappointed when I heard the game wouldn't be released here until two months after the US, since I was really hyped for it (especially with the FE amiibo characters), but the general opinion here seems to be that the game was meh. I liked the demo, so I'll probably try the full game anyway, but did anyone here actually enjoy it? :/

Interesting, well this kind of put a huge dent in his chances.
Dented his chances here, in this opinion poll, sure; but in the ballot itself, it doesn't really mean much. If Europeans or Japanese like his game once it's released, and want him in Smash, they'll still vote for him nonetheless.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I'll probably try the full game anyway, but did anyone here actually enjoy it? :/
9/10 from me. Intelligent Systems isn't one to let down. Plus they patched a couple of the biggest complaints, one of which was enemy turn time. I saw MANY reviewers knock a score down because of that reason alone.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Well, he sorta finds out that war isn't glorious. Until he thinks it is again. Fleming's mindset in The Red Badge of Courage is extremely malleable and runs on his emotions and instincts, as befits a naturalist like Stephen Crane. The fact that he's a gung-ho American war hero in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. actually is pretty far off from Crane's Fleming. Each time that Fleming did something brave was either out of an animalistic rage or out of his romanticism getting the better of him. At least the short story "The Veteran" shows that he did eventually learn some true bravery. Probably through fighting aliens under the command of steampunk Lincoln.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd really wish I had enough time to write everything I'd like to say, but it has to be brief since I have some business to take care of this time of night.

Henry Fleming:
Chance: 10%
Codename S.T.E.A.M. is a fairly new IP that only be released in one region for now and it's hard to tell if it will have any more popularity than it does now. The ratings were mixed (mostly due to a flaw that would be fixed through a patch later one), many are split on the game's art direction, and make some already scarce Fire Emblem Ammibos relevant. While he is technically the many character, there are some that might find him boring or would prefer Abraham Lincoln instead. Despite all of this, he would provide an interesting gameplay option with weapons powered by stem that effects his attacks.

Want: 10%
While I wouldn't mind his inclusion, I haven't bought the game or even experience how it is yet. Maybe it's because the Inklings are more visually appealing and unique in my eyes or just the bigger hype for Splatoon overall.

Nominations:
Princess Daisy Alt x5

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Henry Fleming

Chance: 25%
His game hasn't even been released outside of America yet, but we can't forget that he's still a 1st party giving him an advantage over not iconic third parties even though there's still a barrel full of other 1st party characters above him. Personally, I would rather see him in Smash 5 than right now (it's the same feeling I share with Wonder-Red and the Inklings) since he still needs time for people to get to know about him and his game. However considering the sales the game has seen so far, unless something big happens with the series then it's likely we won't know anything about it for a long time.

Actually this makes me feel intrigued about what Nintendo might be thinking about developing new ips. So far it has tried with The Wonderful 101 and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. but by just watching how both went sales-wise, I feel in the end Nintendo might prefer just to stick with its better-known franchises like Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda.

To be honest, Code Name S.T.E.A.M. isn't a game made for everyone, with its gameplay style being one of the most niche in the video game industry. This in turn really affects its sales and is probably why Nintendo didn't show much of it and had to use amiibos as a bait to attract potential customers. Splatoon on the other hand is a third-person shooter game, which have been dominating in sales for a really long time, so it totally makes sense why Nintendo would want to advertise the most out of Splatoon while they can.

Want: 100%
I don't feel like any character post 2012 merits yet to be in the roster of Smash 4 (but for Smash 5 then totally yes). However, if by any reason Henry does appear in the game, I would be lying if I wouldn't be excited to try him out. As some have mentioned before, the only time Lincoln takes action is when piloting the giant mecha A.B.E. (which is the perfect final smash for him) plus just trying to add Lincoln would probably a huge confusing issue I don't even know how to explain. Also, the whole team nominates Henry to be the next leader of the team after certain events occur during the game.

So far Smash seems to be missing a character with emphasis on a gun. I know this could affect the game's rating but the appearance of Henry's rifle can be disguised by the fact it resembles an eagle plus the bullets could look just like the ones Saki fires. After having finished the game, Henry actually proves to have a viable moveset by countering opponents, teleporting to safety, using a healing subweapon and knowing the perfect moment to throw an eagle bomb for massive damage.

In the end I'm just asking for a future Smash to at least acknowledge the game's existence by at least either trophies or an assist trophy. I'm sure Intelligent Systems would be glad for people to know they do other things besides Fire Emblem.

Nominations:
Elma x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Henry Fleming Chance:
5%
First thing to get out of the way, in noooooo way Henry is ineligible to be in Smash just because he didn't originate in a video game. In a similar sense, Dr. Kawashima (a real life person) was doubted only because he was based on a real person, and almost everyone was proven wrong when he was revealed as an AT, the same would go for Henry too.

And two, just because the game hasn't came out in Japan doesn't mean it hurts his chances completely, just wait for the few weeks to come by, it's almost out for goodness sake.

Now to get that out of the way, there's two flaws going against his inclusion:

He's not a popular candidate in the ballot right now. Not too many people are talking about his inclusion as far as I'm concerned, which could lead Sakurai to not consider Henry at all.

And the fact that his IP is not being pushed by Nintendo like with Splatoon, I would've gave Henry the benefit of doubt if he was advertised hardcore, but it's not the case for him.

Not much of a contender for the ballot when you think about Henry's chances overall. Unless by some miracle Codename Steam is extremely successful in Japan, I don't think Henry has close to a good shot in getting in the game at all.

Henry Fleming Want:
10%
Can't say I really want him, I played the demo, and I thought it was an ok game for the most part.

Paper Mario Prediction:
33.341% Probably will be pretty high, I have something ready for Paper Mario soon. :p

Nominations:
x10 Professor Layton

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Henry Fleming
Chance: 8%
New character from a new game from a new franchise that has an uncertain future. Kind of sounds like Splatoon honestly, but the main reason I think Inkling has more of a chance is because Nintendo seems to be advertising that new franchise a lot. By the time the ballot ends, they might know whether or not Splatoon is going to be a franchise they want to keep around. Codename Steam seems lower priority and might be a one and done franchise, in which case I'd expect more Assist Trophies to come out of it if anything. I guess we'll see, but for now I'll give code name Henry a total of 8%.
Let's see where this franchise is going...

Want: 6%
Don't really know much about him to be honest.

Prediction - Paper Mario: 17.6%

Nominations:
x4 Toon Zelda
X1 Tetra

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Henry Fleming

Chances: 10%

Codname STEAM is a new nintendo game and he could benefit from it. That being said, I am not exactly sure who he is. His game seems mediocre at best. I really don't like it much.

I am just not a fan of this guy at all. He could be cool though.

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5 :p

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Henry Fleming
The reasons why have already been stated.

Want: 90%
Sure,

Prediction:
Paper Mario
25%

Nomination:
Spyro the Dragon [x5]

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Henry Fleming
Chance: 3% - I never considered him too likely and it would help a lot if his game had recieved more promotion. I'll admit that I wasn't even aware that Code Name S.T.E.A.M. had not gotten any European or Japanese release yet but I don't think that hurts his chances. His game will be an international release long before we even get Lucas's DLC. He would have absolutely no problem fitting in with the rest of the roster and has the potential to bring a pretty fun and unique moveset.
Want: 70% - I loved Code Name S.T.E.A.M. and I'd like to see it get more recognition.

Paper Mario prediction: 29%

Nominations: DLC Music x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
HENRY FLEMING
CHANCE: 7.41%
WANT: 21.31%
Wow, you guys really hate Fleming. He got the lowest "Want" rating yet. Next up we're rating the one character who can rival Mr. Game & Watch in flatness, Please rate Paper Mario. Also please predict what extremely high score Roy will get tomorrow.

Top Bottom