• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Honestly, the whole rep business everyone brings up is flat out poisonous. Who's to say a certain character can't join because theirs "too many characters of the same series" in the game? Most of it sounds like entitlement if you ask me.
Yeah? I do feel as someone who's more of a fan of Mario, Zelda, DK and Metroid, that they are entitled to more reps than FE. Because they are higher selling (in the case of the first three, much higher selling). I and their fans give Nintendo more money than Fire Emblem fans. Some of the most critically acclaimed and most influential games of all time have appeared in those series - to a greater extent than for Fire Emblem, to be frank. Not that Fire Emblem is bad by any means. So when it comes to Nintendo history, it seems strange that Fire Emblem gets so much attention when some other series with more importance to Nintendo get... rather less.

What's wrong with feeling like it's wrong for, say, Donkey Kong to be neglected while Fire Emblem gets so much attention?

I mean, ultimately it doesn't make much of a difference. It seems he's pretty much already in. But yeah I dunno, I don't see your feigned ignorance of why fans of other series would be annoyed as somehow taking the high ground. It's easy to be noble when you're the one getting what you want. If Fire Emblem had stuck with just Marth and Ike, I can imagine FE fans' behavior would be quite... a bit... different. Oh, and if it had cut down to just Marth, then we really would've heard bitter complaining - no matter how deserving the other characters added or kept were.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Pichu's hatebase is considerably larger, to say the least; probably larger than his fanbase, actually.

:231:
I would also say it depends on the site/community. I'm sure results and general opinion would vary if we do something like this on a Japanese site. Which makes me want to see something like RTC done there because I think it would be interesting (they know about the leak of course, seen articles mentioned on Japanese gaming sites and whatnot).

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool
Day missed. Absent.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 9%, Want: 85%

Isaac
Chance: 55%, Want: 75%

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%, Want: 100%

Captain Toad
Chance: 45%, Want: 100%

Krystal
Chance: 25%, Want: 50%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%, Want: 100%

Impa
Chance: 28%, Want: 100%

Shantae
Chance: 1%, Want: 5%

Inklings
Chance: 62%, Want: 70%

Rayman
Chance: 33%, Want: 90%

:snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%, Want: 80%

Shovel Knight
Chance: 0.3%, Want: 0%

Chance: 0.5%, Want: 3%

:popo:
Chance: 5%, Want: 10%

Sceptile
Chance: 20%, Want: 55%

Wonder RedChance: 15%, Want: 68%

Promoted NPCs
Chance: 25%, Want: 100%

Henry Fleming:
Day missed.

Paper Mario
Chance: 30%, Want: 75%

:roypm:

Chance: 99%
Prepare yourself for the second most popular cut from Melee to return. It's happening and I honestly have little reason to doubt it.

Want: 80%Back in the day I was a vocal Roy supporter. Lucina killed my hope essentially and thus it died down, but I was thrilled when everyone's boy got into Project M.

I'll be honest. I don't like Marth. I have never liked Marth.
Gameplay wise; I didn't like his tipper playstyle, I hate fighting against him, I hate playing as him. I don't like this keep at bay safe playstyle, it didn't work for me. Roy was far more in your face, high risk, high reward. I appreciate that kind of balance.
Aesthetically(yes this was a factor when I was a kid); Marth was too much of a pretty elegant princess for me to get behind, but Roy with his blade of fire and shonen red hair instantly grabbed me as a character I could get behind in Melee back before I knew anything about Fire Emblem.

Yup. I wouldn't have cared about the series at all had it not been for Roy's initial appearance in Melee, and for that, despite being one of the more hated Fire Emblem Protagonists, I'd like to see him return; binding blade and all.

Plus I haven't got access to Project M, and my sister is big on Fire Emblem so it'd be nice to have some Roy Vs. Ike and Roy Vs. Robin match ups.

On a slightly smaller side note; Awkward Zombie helped me develop an enjoyment for Roy, and I want to see how Katie handles his return. Heh.

Ridley Prediction: Disastrous. Maybe 15%
Prepare for arguably the worst possible RTC day. Ridley conversations are terrible, always have been terrible, will always continue to be terrible, and always bring out the most terrible attributes of the two opposing sides.
It's going to be terrible.

Nominations:
:007: X 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I would also say it depends on the site/community. I'm sure results and general opinion would vary if we do something like this on a Japanese site. Which makes me want to see something like RTC done there because I think it would be interesting (they know about the leak of course, seen articles mentioned on Japanese gaming sites and whatnot).
Well, I was talking from a Western perspective, so yeah.

:231:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Wait, I thought NPC's were forbidden?
Have I missed something?

Aaaaanyway:

Only real men wear pink:
Chance: 95%
Be prepared.

Want: 50%
Do not care, but he's in so there's no competition factor.

Ridley: 22.2%

Magolor x5

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
:roymelee:

Chance: 98%
I never tought Roy has high chance to come back in smash, but after Lucas was confirmed my hope raised up. And the leak actually is the reason why I rate him so high. While those file could actually mean anything, its worth to mention that when the 3ds version came out someone hacked and datamined a "DLC shop" button that would appear in the main menu...and guess what we got now? A DLC shop button in the main menu.
Does this actually confirms Roy? No, but you don't add scrapped files with a patch, and also those file are in the same folder with Lucas and Mewtwo victory theme. Roy is also easy to make since many part of the character are already done, like voice clips and part of the moveset, so think about it: less cost to make him, and you already know he will sell well (its not like he was in top 5 and top 10 most requested character by pure magic...).

Want: 100%
My main in Melee, an amazing gameplay in PM and my favourite FE character. Also, he have high chance to be a rushdown character, basically a Captain Falcon with a sword: thats exactly what I'm looking for in Sm4sh.

Ridley prediction: 1%
Honestly, if the main game designer stating out the reasons why he wasn't included as a playable character and gets in as a stage boss is not enough to deconfirm a character, I don't know what else will.

Roy

Chance
Limit as x approaches infinity =100

Errr i mean 99.99999999999
Files are there. No question

Want 100% ROYS OUR BOY ROYS OUR BOY.. .
ok tbh this is bias. I dont like pichu or young link but do like roy. This is pretty much because melee is the earliest piece of nostalgia i have for nintendo gaming and i just so happened to play roy. It is hypocritical but ih well.

Predictions
This will not be fun. Lets just hope there are no infractions. . .

12.3 %

Noms
2 viridi
2 roy has awakening design as default
1 viewtiful joe

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Roy
Chance 99%
with sound files found in a DLC update I don't think they would waste coding now and a lot of merle fan out cry so I know he will be announced some were around the next 3 months.

Want: 60%
ya he is a hard hitter I do like that and he would become another marth clone >_> but It does not matter as much to me.

Nomination:
Ninten x 5

D

Deleted member

It's like I am stepping into a mine field.
Tomorrow I will be stepping into an apocalyptic area caused by a nuclear bomb. Yay...
The Directory has been updated.

I'll keep these ratings short and sweet.

Roy
Chance:
50%

Insert everything said about the data mining, but only add skepticism.
I think Roy could happen and the data for him is there, but I just want to be on the safe side and not give over 90%.

Want: 0%
:4roy:>:roypm:

Ridley Prediction: 4.00%
Seriously?

Nominations: DLC Alt Costumes for Characters 5x

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Enough Ph1r3 To Fuel A FlameWar-- Roy Chances
Chance: 75%

Whoo, Roy and Ridley two days together. That sure doesn't sound toxic
As many people have already said, Roy's sound files were found in a patch for the 3DS game along with Ryu's. As Ryu is Capcom this is basically straight-up confirmation for him, but Roy... It's hard to know. It certainly leans towards being believable that he will come, but I still feel doubtful that a fifth fire emblem character will make an appearance-- this'd tie them with Legend of Zelda for representatives, which is arguably the second biggest franchise of Nintendo. And just before I get eaten for bringing up the whole number of reps thing, please understand: Sakurai has been quoted more than once as saying tjat he wants his included characters to bring something interesting and unique to the table. We have Ike's heavy playstyle, Marth's demand for precision, Lucina's well-roundedness and Robin's resource management. I'm not exactly sure where Roy slots in there. So many playstyles have been explored via Fire Emblem characters that it feels as though Roy would have to be a rehash of one of these.

I'm reluctant to believe that just because a victory theme for Roy is in the game, he is guaranteed. Sakurai wouldn't throw that in during a patch, but someone else might have. It could be a technique to get people talking as they may have knowledge of how readily people pick through the data. And honestly? I don't see him selling far beyond the Melee crowd, so it'd definitely be something they'd need to gauge interest in subtly. So "lmao 99%" isn't happening here. Sorry folks.

Want: eh no you're fine%
Yawn. I came in under Brawl so any concept of Roy hype is lost on me. I believe all Melee characters that should have been in the game are now in Smash 4 (press F to pay respects to Ice Climbers, cut by technical difficulties). Roy being revealed as a playable would get me as riled up as Ike's return did. Which is not at all.

Ridley Prediction: 10.4%
I just want to know what the 10-4 is with Ridley (EDIT: I know I should have said 4-1-1 instead of 10-4 but I'm sticking to it). Also, resisting heavily to make a parody of that old "My Spoon is Too Big" video with "My Mutant Space Pterodactyl is Too Big".

Thank you for those yummy extra nominations folks! Glad my predictions on Paper Mario didn't push the envelope too far.

7x Professor Layton (I realise I'm basically pushing Layton on my lonesome most days. I'm just really eager to have you guys tear shreds into my favourite character.)
2x Arthur
1x Alternate Costumes as DLC

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Day 22: Roy (yay first time doing this xD)

Chance: 99%
Roy has everything he needs right now, tons of supporters, sound files, etc. He's almost surely getting back in. But there's always that one percent chance for everything. Just hoping that our boy gets back in.

Want: 100%
Yeah, I'm biased on this one. Fire Emblem is probably my favorite Nintendo series that isn't protected by nostalgia walls. The tactical gameplay, the mechanics, the characters... I love it all. Since Binding Blade/6 and Blazing Sword/7 are my favorites in the series, I would personally love for a rep to come from that era. Why not Roy then, since he's my favorite character from those games, and also a cut veteran? The latter is kind of a bonus to be honest. Roy was essentially cast out of his home since his first appearance was Melee. We need to bring him back home! as long as he gets his Awakening attire

Nomination:
Phoenix Wright x5

D

Deleted member

With roy's Victory Theme being confirmed by many trusted sources, it's safe to believe the inevitable is going to happen soon enough. :roymelee: Want = 99%

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Roy

Chance: 100%

Want: 5%

Already leaked. Nobody is kidding anybody here. He is easy to make, and appeals to the melee fanbase. Not to mention Sakurai is going to have some special announcement at the 25th FE anniversary event this July, which will most definitely reveal Roy, if Roy isn't already revealed at E3!

Ridley Prediction: 50%

Nominate Chorus kids x 5

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Chance: 95%

Roy is more or less confirmed. Its also pretty believable that they're trying to capitalize on Fire Emblem's recent popularity so I think he is very likely to come back.

Want: 70%

Sure, why not. He's pretty harmless, though if we were to have a veteran back I'd pick Wolf over him simply for being more unique.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll see what I have to say.

:roypm:

Chance: 75%

I'll be honest: while hearing Roy having his sound files being included in the patch... that is the only we have everything about him as of now.

We have no plain idea what it could become, and obviously, the possibilities could go quite many ways. For this reason I kinda think it's currently overblown how much his chances might be as a confirmed PLAYABLE character, as it's kinda jumping the gun too early. We still have a June, possible July, even longer time to wait to see Roy resurface as a DLC, and even then, the status he's been given is going to be unknown until that time.

I also realize the redundancy of having three almost identical Marth-clones in the roster in case Roy is brought back unchanged, but keep in mind that Lucas and Mewtwo didn't need any differentiation, only getting tweaks to fit in Smash Bros 4's engine and balanced across it's many new cast of characters. One of them is already a solid semi-clone, and other one was a plain unique character.

For this reason, Roy's status as a clone or semi-clone to Marth would be up for ambiguity at best- with two possible outcomes:

- Sakurai really just brings the veterans back unchanged, only tweaking the characters to be fit in Smash 4's metagame and balance. (So potentiall a better Marth?)
- Sakurai takes on consideration the value of DLC and also bringing Roy as more unique character to keep FE's character line-up fresh, and at least, would semi-clone him quite a bit.

Roy's fanbase also seems quite polarizing between Japanese and Western: in Japan, he's one of the more popular lords and veterans wanted back in Smash Bros-series since Brawl.

In Western he also enjoys a some good fanbase, but there's very much detractors that either hate him or Fe-fans that shoot him down for their own reasons or be perplexed for having quite loving fanbase despite being irrelevant (:4falcon:,:4lucas: even more-so than :4ness:, let's also pretend that
should have then replaced:4myfriends: due being the next relevant blue-haired lord, but we already know how ridiculous that was, and how it turned out to be. Same for :4alph: taking spot of :4olimar:, IIRC)
or being an average or mediocre unit in FE6 stat-wise + promotion-wise (:4jigglypuff::4pikachu:, and once again, ridiculous reasonings are ridiculous. Pika and Jiggs don't deserve being talked this way either.)

In general, it's either that Roy's real support is non-existent or it's baseless, said to be comprised only of nostalgia-drugged Melee-fans who haven't ever played Roy's game and just like him for fangirl-reasons, yadda-yadda.

I again can relate to the thought that being Roy's fan might sound strange, considering he was originally a clone (but clones will be beloved and defended in numerous fanart anyway:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina: ), FE-series is done with reps (the aforementioned clone trio +:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:...:4mewtwo:, ergo, Sakurai giving you desserts), his personality might not be entirely most appealing or he might even have poor Micaiah-like "Gary Stu"-writing done around him for having such good wits, collected mind in difficult situations, plenty of good-hearted wisdom, great strategic mind and the overly-seen kindness or dorkiness of every FE-Lord before and after him...

He's not one-man army and popular heavy-hitter like Ike. Or King of FE like Marth. We already have Lucina who more or less does leans on what Roy could be like if ever brought back and is more vocally beloved and popular within FE-fandom... lastly we need to have Roy out of the game so :4roy: will always stay popular just for ensuring Super Smash Bros is nothing but neenering at "uncool people with awful tastes" for not getting who they might have had truly supported out of their own heart and pleasant memories to the character they wanted to see...

With all those reasons, it has dawned to me that Roy's support has become in a level of unacceptable, even plain taboo to be talked in a serious level. He has just so much against him according to all communities, and the only thing he seems to have up his sleeve is his veteran status (almost making him be in Brawl.)

So why hasn't Roy's support dwindled and diminished to obscurity?

Perhaps because, his support has to be one of the most long-running heart-felt supports left, as he has his place in Smash-games, which had his vigorous character and fiery sword moves being legit reasons for his appeal, and also, a place in FE-history, for being the first installment to go without the series' former director after leaving from I.S and Nintendo to make Tear Ring Saga, and still had a wide success.
If FE6 wasn't as successful as Roy's haters keep claiming it to be, Fire Emblem would have had less window for outersea releases, and would have had us out of possible future installments being accessible, even without any development. In general, we wouldn't have Ike, Lucina and Robin today if Roy wasn't as successful to keep FE have a bright future and support back in 2002 when his game sold second best in history of FE in Japan before Awakening ever became the next rebirth for the franchise.

And logically, these games left Roy with many fans, who are still looking forward to see him back. These are his true, heart'n'blood-driven support, accepting his flaws, but also knowing his strengths and appeal that still makes them hold such love for him and tell about them to those unknowst of these traits - just like many characters in Smash right now, and many being supported currently. They loved him in Melee for his zealous and energetic voice quips and cries, the Sword of Seals providing the fire on is moves, his hilt-based close combat swordfighting... and all this heightened up to eleven in Project:M, which improved these all to him in about every way and beyond.

They loved him in FE6 despite potentially seeing his mediocre or strange performance... or vice versa, depending on person and RNG. Nevertheless, his character shined through in very sweet, wise and positive way in time where people didn't appreciate characters abed on their unit performance or making FE an easy game just by a sole unit alone...

All of the hate had made them silent, but it's not enough to extinguish the flame of passion for Roy at all - something even I'm surprised (albeit happily) to discover. The infamous line, "Roy's Our Boy", doesn't even need to be said. It's a bond between all of his fans, old and new, timeless by all the hardships and hate of all reasonable or without a base.

It's about time for people to see that Roy is no different than your favorite character you want to see in Smash Bros, whether still supported in vocal or underground means. We need to learn more acceptance in this series, or it'll die on it's own toxic-filled hate that will kill the series for draining the director out of love and enthusiasm by every curse word and degraded names thrown at him for exhibiting it. Same for this entire fandom.

Want: 98%

And now to other part of my tale.

I wasn't firstly Roy's fan as I'm now. I had similar thoughts to many of those that can't see him as a sensibly done addition, only brought back for his popularity and veteran status in Smash. This was back last years ago, before I got into FE, and discovered it's amazing gameplay that exceeded my impressions of it (being a strategy game and I wasn't really keen on the idea, I thought it'd fry my brain).

After getting out from Awakening-hype, I got to discover Roy being added to Project M - and after playing him, it's where his strengths started to come in vicinity of my interest. So I went to see how he was like in means of personality and stumbled upon few but very talented fanartists who portrayed Roy in well-constructed and pleasant ways (like this artist - he also does even more constructive and deeper look into Roy's character).
I discovered that he was more than just a popular clone, which made me glad as I wasn't ever into negative sums of a character (ergo, Chrom = massivle dorky manchild loser + expy of more successful FE-lords of the past according to the fandoms). I also liked Elibe-games in personal level for being the first saga I jumped to FE-wise, and also one of the more well-balanced when compared to other FE-games after.

Speaking of artists, there was one time I bonded over one very good Marth X Roy-fanartist (who is also a massive Roy-fan) who became saddened by her pairing being pretty much decade old news and not having much of a community to talk about it, leading to less gratification and not much a place to be in Smash-fandom in her eyes. But damn, her art's so good and had me actually want to look deeper into the pairing she loved - I didn't want that to disappear.

So I send her a lot encouraging words about trying to find new perspectives or depictions to breath new life on her pairing. I hoped she at least considered my words because I could see into her passion towards the pairing which I've seen she has drawn for years since the Melee's popularity, and it had developed into very pleasant to look at with nice professionalism.

Guess what, she actually replied after a long time, and I got to find out that I truly helped her get over her situation and found enjoyment once again out of her pairing. I think the feeling of pride and joy towards myself for helping her out this much was kind of indescribable - it shows a lot about how giving good wisdom out of helping a fan can always create something good.

We have been now friends and ATM we exchange words now and then on Twitter (And she caught on the news about Roy, and hopes to see them being real.)

As you can see, Roy has been quite a subject regarding me bringing positivity and wisdom to others that had me built self-confidence on myself, and also seeing deeper to someone that I wasn't very interested on (but didn't hate him) because I can relate to him a lot and admire his strengths and how his flaws also compliments them. And then the FE-related bonding on the Elibe-games and wishing to see that part of FE returning back to Smash after Awakening quite taking big chunk of the current FE-representation (while I'm not big fan of that game anymore, thanks to the fandom feeling like many ways of "Mary Units").

For being not a big-fan formerly and still an anthutiastic fan today, I can always see to both sides of the coin. But for my reasons to see Roy back is him repping my fave FE-saga and gaming system he debuted his FE-appearance on, the potential for his rush-down playstyle being reworked on for even more amazing and compelling than before thanks to Project M, and my overall love for the character for sharing many lovable character traits and positive qualities to be proud for possessing about (Being an idealistic, quick-witted, intelligent and still very much an optimistic boy with very youth-like look into the world. Also being dorky in a way that doesn't mean becoming easy butt for jokes -
) .
He shows that being like me is not a bad thing, far from it, despite not being great in combat or being against it.And that's okay.

Whether that makes me hated or not shouldn't be my concern if I can bring more good naturally. And I've seen enough that I have. It makes me really happy and proud of myself.

Thank you, Roy.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Roy Chance:
99%
I was originally going to give this a 75% due to the fact that these leaked characters could be un-prioritized due to ballot results, then I realized the things lining up to Roy's inclusion, with the concert coming up his and his high demand (the same reason Lucas is coming back), he's likely coming back at this point.

The only thing I have to say regarding arguments is that there is a difference between a leak and in-game-data, game data can't be compared to a leak, it is a legitimate source and proof that Roy is coming back.

His chances are at the very high at this point.
Roy Want:
85% Certainly would welcome his inclusion, he has a very original voice that made me like him more than Lucina, I'll probably main him over Lucina because of this:

"HRU TAEH!"
"EEE-YAHHHHH!"
"HO!"
"EH YAAAAAAHHH!!!"
"TOY-YAAAH!"

I love him.

Ridley Prediction:
3.45% Uhhhhhhh...., I'm scared on how this will go.

Nominations:
x5 Young Link

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores

Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Rayman: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Promoted NPCs: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%

Roy
's chances: 99%

Simply because nothing is 100% until it's officially confirmed. Otherwise I don't have any reason to doubt his return at this point.

Want: 20%

I liked Roy in Melee. Preferred Marth by a large margin, but he was fun to play as sometime. I'll get him if I can because of that.

Despite that, he was a character I didn't really mind leaving behind, even though I generally don't like cuts. I'm also not too thrilled about Fire Emblem getting a FIFTH character, I think there are other series that could use the love more. Plus even if I had to pick a fifth, I'm not all that sure I'd want it to be Roy. Also, Marth clone-wise, I prefer Lucina both as a fighter and as a character. Overall, can't say I'm too excited for his return

Still, I'm happy for his fans and again, I'll buy him if I get the chance. I hope he gets Luigified though.

Well, hopefully tomorrow's character won't be as crazy as toda--

Ridley prediction: 9.04%

nevermind

Nominations: Ryu (Street Fighter) x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
With roy's Victory Theme being confirmed by many trusted sources, it's safe to believe the inevitable is going to happen soon enough. :roymelee: Want = 99%
Just asking, what accurate and quantitative chances score would you give to Roy? I don't know if "it's safe to believe the inevitable is going to happen soon enough" can be interpreted as a 100% or anything.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
:roypm: and :4lucina: are full clones of :4marth:
:4falco: is a semi-clone of :4fox:, but :wolf: is too different to even be considered a semi-clone.

Sorry, but the Star Fox trio doesn't relate to that of the 'Marth Trilogy' at all. (I don't know if that term is a thing, but if it isn't, it is now!)
Ye i know falco fox and wolf are semi clones. (But remind falco was 100% clone back in melee and in project m)
(And problem B tell it to the triple landmasters buddy)

And no roy is going to be a semi clone this time. Did you forget roys up B works differently than marths (a combo)

Neutral is most likely to stay the same as melee, (marth is now a stab charge vs a slash charge)

And a little fire gets added to all of the other attacks.

I called that different from marth.

(Besides i know why your trying to shoot me out i say your vote for roy, you gave him a weasly 20% chance and 0% want (i think it was 0) so your trying to in my opinion commence me roy is not coming.)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ye i know falco fox and wolf are semi clones. (But remind falco was 100% clone back in melee and in project m)
(And problem B tell it to the triple landmasters buddy)

And no roy is going to be a semi clone this time. Did you forget roys up B works differently than marths (a combo)

Neutral is most likely to stay the same as melee, (marth is now a stab charge vs a slash charge)

And a little fire gets added to all of the other attacks.

I called that different from marth.
Mewtwo and Lucas stayed the same when they came back, therefore, Roy likely will as well.

Obviously, aesthetic changes are always possible, but those mean nothing outside of appearance. What makes Roy so important to warrant a change that Mewtwo and Lucas didn't already have?

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Roy's Chances: 50%

I'm not one to full believe leaks until an official source backs it up, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt. With that said, we don't know what they had planned by putting the audio files in there, it could be a placeholder or he could really be coming back. I recall Brawl having leftover Roy files, but did not bring the character in, it could just be those files carried over for all we know. It does still lean more to his chances which is why I'm giving him 50%.

I've stated why unique characters and Wolf and Snake would be smart business due to their lower production times and cost. By that logic, clones would be even faster and cheaper to make. But getting the masses to pay money for them might not bring the return to their investment.

I'm a bit skeptical of Nintendo making full clone characters as DLC. After the backlash characters like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit got from the fans, bring yet another duplicate in and expecting people to pay real money for it doesn't sound like a good idea for series that has the reputation of existing for greedy cash grabs. In addition, Marth already has a clone which again would make him redundant and further leave a bad taste in people's mouth and make them think twice before opening their wallets.

Roy's Want: 0%

I do not like clones at all. If I wanted a slower, stronger Marth, I will use the custom gear the game already provides me for free. I'm not going to waste my money on something I already have and, to be honest, the only way I would get him if he were tied to a DLC item I actually wanted and was forced to receive him.

-----

Ridley's Chances: 1%

-----

Nominate
Tails x4
Layton x1

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Roy:
Chance: 87% - With those leaked sound files, he might be confirmed. Also, he's very popular, he's a clone, and a veteran.
Want: 40% - Roy was my boy in Melee, but I don't want him that much. I'd much rather have a new character.

Predictions: Ridley -
Chance: 1%

Nominations: Tabuu x5

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mewtwo and Lucas stayed the same when they came back, therefore, Roy likely will as well.

Obviously, aesthetic changes are always possible, but those mean nothing outside of appearance. What makes Roy so important to warrant a change that Mewtwo and Lucas didn't already have?
Thus a semi-clone of marth now

(some to little of marths moves are different from melee.)

D

Deleted member

Just asking, what accurate and quantitative chances score would you give to Roy? I don't know if "it's safe to believe the inevitable is going to happen soon enough" can be interpreted as a 100% or anything.
Well it should be interpreted as 100% :p I fully believe in it all

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Roy
Chance: 85%
His chance would have been lower if it weren't for DLC and finding the FE wining theme attached to his name just granted him full possibility of coming back.

He's probably going to come back as another clone with minor tweaks here and there but I don't mind if he returns. I always thought he'd be the main character when I saw him in Melee and Marth kind of like his trusty partner for some reason lol. Turns out I was wrong since they kept Marth throughout the whole series. But back on topic, I like Roy and I hope they change his appearance just like how they did with Ike but since he's just DLC he's most likely to look the same as he did in Melee.

Prediction
Ridley:
- Chance: 15% - Want 42%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x3
Geno x2

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
:4roy:+:4miisword:
Chances: 99,99%
Want: 50%

Our boy... maybe the tird ex-character to be DLC. I Mained him in melee and since I like the FE saga.
but keeping it real... Another marth? maybe shorter, slower, fireer(?). this is the way the DLC seem to be working, getting back characters thar need little work, and a clone/semiclone is their easiest option to make a lot of money expending less. (Like Mayweather)

Ridley
Predictions: 50%
We need him, but he is to big (nah, to me, they are just lazy)

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5 :bubblebobble:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Roy

Chance: 90%

Since we found files of the FE victory theme with his name on it (Along with files for Ryu), it's very likely that we'll hear about him when E3 comes around. It would be surprising if we actually don't hear about him and Ryu at that point.

Want: 40%

He's not a character that I really want due to his clone status, and since Lucina is a clone of Marth anyway. But I guess if Mario can have Dr. Mario and Luigi be based off of him, then it wouldn't bother me if Marth gets two characters that are similar to him. I'll buy him anyway if he comes out.

Vote:
5x Alternate Costumes

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Thus a semi-clone of marth now

(some to little of marths moves are different from melee.)
Having played Marth since Melee, the major differences are:

Neutral B has been changed from an overhead slice to a forward stab.
Balance in knockback, lag, and hitboxes.

So Roy's main differences will be that he will have the neutral b, the middle of the sword gimmick, that amazing why-doesn't-Marth-have-it-please-Sakurai-you're-killing-me down tilt, maybe a fantastic grab range, a faster speed, a better air game, and perhaps a better damage output because the entire center of the sword gimmick is difficult.

So, a better comparison is Melee's :foxmelee: and :falcomelee:. They have different Neutral B's, but otherwise simply have different properties that make them play very differently. Except Marth and Roy will likely have even more differences.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah. Misinformed fans can be a pain. Although I do feel like a decent amount of them get the idea of semi-clones, and more oppose the idea of Roy based on the clone argument than oppose Wolf or Lucas.

I suppose I got so desperate for a counterpoint that I took a risk I shouldn't have. Thanks for the offer; I'll keep it in mind if it's important some other time.

...I should probably go back and axe that paragraph, honestly.

Actually, among Fire Emblem fans, Lucina is really well liked as a character. I can see exactly why she was picked to be a Marth alt (and then turned into a clone when they had extra time).

It just seems unlikely when Mewtwo and Lucas have next to no changes, is all. And if they did decide, for whatever reason, to rework Roy, it'd throw out the entire argument of him being easy to make.
- Roy is well liked by the FE fanbase as well. Just not the ones who obsess over stats.

- Sure, Lucina was easier to make but with the amount of support Roy has and the ease of cutting and pasting from Melee, I wouldn't say it's not a stretch to say that he could have made it in if he were going to be the exact same way he was in Melee. Why Sakurai would charge money for a direct clone with one already in the game IDK. He has to have something in mind for all this to happen.

- What need was their for Mewtwo and Lucas to be revamped? Mewtwo was already unique as a character and Lucas is much different than Ness. People don't understand that Roy is in a completely different boat than these two with Lucina in the game. Roy would be easy to re-work in a way where he can play much differently than Marth and Lucina. I've seen fan videos of him with a decloned moveset and I thought of one myself so it really shouldn't be a problem for Sakurai.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Roy:

Chance: 98%

With multiple users finding those files, it's really hard to say that he's not coming anymore. However, He's still not officially confirmed and there's that 1% chance that he could be scrapped.... For some reason... So, I think a 98% is fair given the situation.

Want: 5%

I'm not a fan of Marth's moveset, nor am I a fan of Marth. However, when I first unlocked Roy, I thought he was the "cooler" Marth. I'm not a huge fan of Roy, but I don't necessarily hate him. I don't really know anything about him outside of Smash, which is why I support potential DLC.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

ferioku

Smash Ace
Roy:

Chance: 80%

Why cut a veteran and switch hi for Lucina?

Want: 85%

Preferred him to Marth and I definitely prefer him to Lucina. He just need a move set rework because if they make him a Marth clone then...

Ridley:
Prediction: O.o wut?

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Day 22 : ROY

ABSTAIN :

The reason why is because I don't know a lot about him more then he's a veteran. I would have given a low score. I would rather abstain (and because I didn't get much time to research for him)

RIDLEY :
Prediction:
35%
I'll hold into my thoughts...

Nominations: Geno (Super Mario RPG) x5

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Roy:
Chance: 50%
Well, their is evidence saying that he is planned, more than likely is getting worked on. Really who knows what can happen with this character. He's a veteran, people want him back, nothing seems to be stopping him to come back. So I don't see why not.

Want: 15%
Reasons why I gave him a fifty percent chance is when they will reveal him? If he doesn't get revealed sometime this month or at E3 with Ryu or at the Fire Emblem concert, we can just say oh, those sound files were just there. It just depends on when they will get revealed, if they don't show up this month or at E3 then we can still have five more DLC slots to give to other characters preballot. Sakuari so far hadn't touched the characters that got cut. Nothing new was added to them he did the same when he bought back Mewtwo and Lucas from the last direct nothing of them really changed, the same would happen with Roy if he ever gets confirmed. To be honest I could care less if he gets added back into the roster or not.

Ridley Prediction: 15%
I always think it's more of a proportion matter not really the size of how big Ridley is. Who really know what's up with Ridley and why they won't make him playable. I don't care if he becomes playable for DLC, I'm not too big on Metroid (I think Metroid is fine when it comes to playable characters) but I would be happy for the fans that wanted him in.

Nomintions: X2 DLC Stages

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Roy:
Chance: 95%.
There is evidence of him being in the game, but he's not confirmed.

Want: 50%. I used to love him, mained him in Melee. Completely indifferent now. I hope he isn't decloned though, that would defeat the purpose of bringing him back in my opinion.

-----------
Ridley prediction: 15%. I honestly have no idea.
----------
Nominations:
Jill Valentine x4
Wolf Link & Midna x1

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Wow. I can't believe I missed Paper Mario's day. He was my most wanted DLC character :| due to dissapointment I will not vote on Roy's behalf.

Nominations:

Daisy x5

All aboard the Daisy train

Top Bottom