• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Nights:
Chances: 3% Honestly, I believe Tails/Eggman has a larger chance of popping up.
Want: 10% Indifferent.

Slippy:
Chances: 5% Wolf and Krystal really kill his chances.
Want: 0% Please no.

Predictions: Frigate Orpheon 13.37%
Kamek 6%

Nominations: Rerate! Magolor x 5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Since I see it popping a lot in ratings, I'm going to address it now; NiGHTS is androgynous, as the character was designed that way. The team made it so impressions were up to the player.

Not that it should affect ratings in any way, just wanted to point it out.

Chance: 1%
Want: 30%

NiGHTS has stiff competition for a spot, and really, I don't think it can make the cut when compared to the rest of the Sonic cast. I do enjoy the games, though, so I'd be indifferent to it.

Slippy:

Chance: 4%
Want: 0%

Wolf and even Krystal upstage the frog. And really, while I'm neutral to and don't care for either Wolf or Krystal, at least their return/inclusion respectively would make sense. This just seems off to me.

Predictions:

Frigate Orpheon(finally!): 8%
Kamek: 4%

Nominate:

Sue me, but I'm curious. Ridley x15 factoring in my extra nominations from Jirachi and Offline Tourney.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

NiGHTS AND Slippy
Chance and Want for BOTH:
(Zero-Two) Times Two, so FOUR ZEROES

For NiGHTS, she... or he? It hasn't had a new game in years. It did make an appearance in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed and it is popular among Sega fans, but that doesn't save the fact for its lack of games. NiGHTS also lacks the overall legacy and popularity Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman have and it has no ballot support. I don't want NiGHTS because I prefer a second Sonic character.
For Slippy, he is pretty hated and his ballot support is pretty low; Star Fox support is going towards Wolf and/or Krystal. I don't even like Slippy.

Frigate Orpheon Prediction: 5.25%
Its songs are on other stages.
Kamek Prediction: 1.11%
Technically, he's disconfirmed.

EDIT: Adding in extra nominations.
Nominations: Heihachi 10x

Last edited by a moderator:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Nights
Double zeroes

Slippy
Chance: 30%
Want: 80%

Frigate Orpheon Prediction: 4.36%
Kamek Prediction: 1.06%

Nominations:
Omanyte x5

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Gonna make this quick.

NiGHTS

Chance: 0%
Want: 100%

NiGHTS is still having cameos in Sonic games, but that's all Sega cares about. Sonic games. An air only acrobatic character would've been great to see in Smash though.

Slippy

Chances: 20%

Slippy is my most wanted newcomer and favorite Star Fox character. Mechanic/tech characters were always a favorite of mine. Even though he's in the new SF game, has been confirmed by Miyamoto that he's playing a larger role in Star Fox Zero and went as far as saying he's his favorite at E3 (next to :4fox:), and Slippy is an unlockable costume in Mario Maker, he'll still get blown out of the water by Wolf and Krystal's support for DLC. His chances are better for Smash 5.

Nominate: Kuma (Tekken)

Last edited:

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
NiGHTS:
Chance
- 5%
Want - 50%
As I see it, NiGHTS is probably the most likely non-Sonic series Sega rep to be added to smash, but the chance of a second non-Sonic Sega dlc rep is slim, even the chance of a Sonic series dlc fighter is quite low. Between a lack of support for NiGHTS, lack of games in the series, and lack of any major presence, I don't see it happening, but I wouldn't really mind to see NiGHTS in.

Slippy:
Chance
- 5%
Want - 15%
Ay ay ay, as if Fox's voice wasn't bad enough... gah, but that's just a nitpick. Slippy's situation on the official side of things looks better than ever before, not that that's even particularly good. However, on the community's side of things... Slippy doesn't have much support for Smash, or even the support of most fans of his home series, he just doesn't seem as likely as Wolf or even Krystal.

Predictions:
Kamek - 5%
Frigate Orpheon - 5%

Nominations:
Validar (FE:A) x 3
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) x 2

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
Nights
Chance 10%
Want 30%
I definitely feel like she would have been a great assist trophy. I do wish that sega would have had more assist trophies in smash. Samde de Amigo, Nights, Billy Hatcher, and Aiai would have made great assist.

Slippy
Chance 30%
Want 60%
I could see Slippy as a possibility in the next Smash bros game, assuming Wolf and Krystal are both in. Otherwise I can't see him being in smash bros in the forseeable future.

Predictions:
Frigate Orpheon 24.83%
Kamek 12.49%

Nominations:
Paper Mario Theater Stage

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
NiGHTS
Chance: 1.4%
If we get a secondary SEGA representative, it'll probably be from the Sonic franchise since it still houses the most well known cast of characters among SEGA IP. I'll give the First-level Nightmaren a small score of 1.4%.
SEGA needs to do more with their other IP...

Want: 5%
No personal connection, and I want to see more first party newcomers.

Slippy
Chance: 1.8%
If we get a Star Fox character for DLC, it will more than likely be Wolf. I'll give Slippy the Toad a rating of 1.8%, which is a 0.8% drop from my original rating.
Maybe he'll have better luck in the next Smash...

Want: 10%
He would be an interesting addition.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Slippy change:40%
The fact that he's in star fox zero and not krystal imo puts him in a better spot in her and seeing as he's pretty famous in the nintendo/internet community(true not for anything positive) i'm sure he would sell.

Slippy want:100%
Slippy is my most wanted star fox character so sign me up

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
NiGHTS:

Chances: 20%
Seeing Ryu happen breaks the unwritten rule of "Can't have 2 reps of the same third party."
Nights into Dreams has been ported quite a few times over the years, so she's not some forgotten Sega character. Plus, there was a squeal for the Wii exclusively a while back.
Want: 45% Never played the games, only watched gameplay footage, but I'm all for another Sega rep that has potential and isn't a Sonic character.

Slippy Toad:

Chances: 24%
Well, he'll obviously be a joke character if he was in. Not entirely popular like Wolf or Krystal, but popularity isn't a main factor when it comes to character inclusion.
Want: 12%
Not crazy about him as a character, but wouldn't mind his inclusion so long he's not the only Star Fox dlc rep.

Would totally buy a Slippy mii costume.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
NiGHTS

Chance: abstain
Don't really know the series, but I'm tired of 3rd parties in Smash. Can we get a first party newcomer?
Slippy

Chance: 1%
This one I don't see. There is a clear frontrunner for the next StarFox character, and their second-favorite is barely treading water herself. Slippy would have to wait for at least one of those to get in or there would be riots, but he's probably have to wait for both. And StarFox is nowhere near important enough to get as many PCs as the Zelda franchise.​

Kamek Prediction: 2.7%
Frigate Orpheon Prediction: 5.0%

Nom:
New concept: 3DS stage on WiiU x5

NOTICE:
So considering the new potential revelation, I suggest a week long freeze for Shovel Knight similar to the freezes done for Roy/Ryu after the leak and K.Rool after the costume. I bet people are champing at the bit to rerate him now, so let's let people calm down first. After all, K.Rool jumped to the top two days after we opened him back up. I think a freeze is the best solution - If he's confirmed before we get to him, there's no issue; if not, people will be able to give a fairer rating.
That being said, I think we're getting an announcement this weekend, so I'll leave it up to @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice if we want to just shoot him up to the top to rerate him before said announcement.

Troykv

Smash Master
Nights:

Chance: Abstain

I don't sure about this.

Want: 50%

He/She/It looks interesting.

Slippy:

Double Abstain

Predictions:

Kamek: 1.2%
Frigate Orpheon: 8.4%

Nominations:

Idolm@ster Representation x3
Fire Emblem DLC Stage x2

NOTICE:
So considering the new potential revelation, I suggest a week long freeze for Shovel Knight similar to the freezes done for Roy/Ryu after the leak and K.Rool after the costume. I bet people are champing at the bit to rerate him now, so let's let people calm down first. After all, K.Rool jumped to the top two days after we opened him back up. I think a freeze is the best solution - If he's confirmed before we get to him, there's no issue; if not, people will be able to give a fairer rating.
That being said, I think we're getting an announcement this weekend, so I'll leave it up to @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice if we want to just shoot him up to the top to rerate him before said announcement.
I support this.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I support Shovel Knight's nominations being frozen.

NiGHTS' chances: 0.5%

Came verrrrry close to giving this a 0%. Even in the unlikely event that Sega gets another character, it'll probably just be another Sonic character because the rest just aren't as notable or popular. And even if a non-Sonic Sega character got in, I don't think it would even be this.

I like NiGHTS, but it's not a good third party choice. Honestly if Sega had to get another character it should just be another Sonic character.

Slippy's chances: 1%

I think Krystal and Wolf crush every other Star Fox character.

Want: 10%

To be honest I'd prefer him to Krystal, but that's about it.

Kamek prediction: 2.39%
Frigate Orpheon prediction: 9.20%

Nominations: Muddy Mole x5

Cane Seven

Smash Cadet
So Slippy's chances gets crapped on because he's annoying? With Krystal, people usually come up with moronic reasons / excuses.

Slippy

Chance: Abstain

NiGHTS

Edit: added NiGHTS.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nominations:
Shovel Knight x0
Yoshimitsu x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
NiGHTS

Chance: abstain
Don't really know the series, but I'm tired of 3rd parties in Smash. Can we get a first party newcomer?

Kamek Prediction: 2.7%
Frigate Orpheon Prediction: 5.0%

Nom:
New concept: 3DS stage on WiiU x5

NOTICE:
Yes, let's give Shovel Knight a week.

Nights
Chance: 0% - The series is far to obscure.

Slippy
Double Zeros - We don't even have Wolf back yet, and we're considering a character who has about twenty haters for every fan.

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
NIGHTS
CHANCE: 2.25%
WANT: 30.71

SLIPPY
CHANCE: ....
9.25%!!!!

Want: 25.43%
Slippy's score nearly doubled!! Next up we're rating Kamek and the Frigate Orpheon stage from Brawl. Also please predict what score Leon from Star Fox and Starman from Pro Wrestling will get tomorrow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Frigate Orpheon Stage

Want: 80%

This was a fun stage from Brawl. Too bad most of its songs are now featured in Pyrosphere.

Everything Else:

(Triple Zeroes)

Predictions:

Leon - 5%

Starman - 2%

Nominations: Banjo-Kazooie x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Frigate Orpheon Stage

Chance: 10%

Many Brawl stages were hated for their BS gimmicks and this stage is no exception. While I can tell some would love this stage for some Metroid Prime nostalgia, the general census views this as one of Brawl's most annoying stages due to the flipping and darkness elements. And may I remind you that most songs from the stage are already used in the game?

Easily one stage that I would not miss at all, just like Rumble Falls. Don't see what's the point of bringing back stages that weren't well received nor loved. And this is coming from someone who loved the entire Metroid Prime trilogy.

Kamek

Poor guy is both a stage hazard and an enemy. Then there;e stye fact that he might not have many request due to his status as an NPC.

Want: 85%

The Yoshi representation in Smash would usually range from decent to mediocre. Whether we had perfectly balanced stages with references to inferior games (Looks at Yoshi's Island DS), I think the series would be done justice with anew character. A magic character with a summoning playstyle that can control the stage with special magic would be a great start. Plus, Kamek is one of the most reoccurring antagonists in the series that isn't an enemy on magic steroids or an annoying baby.

Predictions:

Leon - 5%

Starman - 2%

Nominations: Abe Lincoln x5

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Couldn't help but notice that the Top 10 chart went unchanged well after Krystal's ascension there.

Lemme fix that for you.

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice

new.jpg

I'll rate both concepts tomorrow.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wait, we're rating this abomination? at least it had some 'decent' music!
:frigate:

Frigate Orpheon
Chance: 15%
That one stage that was supposed to be a nod to the Prime series...It features the Parasite Queen which has notoriety of being the first boss battled in a 3D metroid game...in other words it's iconic because it's the first area of the game...which is actually kinda dumb if you think about it...Sure it was the first experiences of a Metroid game within a 3D environment, but it served as a tutorial area for the most part...(let that sink in for a second)
With all that said the majority of the stages we received so far for DLC are returning stages...as of now all returning stages are from 64 but who's to say we won't get melee and Brawl stages either?...But even so the Frigate Orpheon wasn't really that popular of a stage at least in my experience...it had one gimmick that made no sense, a gimmick that probably could've been handled better elsewhere...but at least the music that went with it was pretty decent, I mean the music returned but the stage didn't...
Either way i wouldn't be surprised if this stage doesn't return considering the favouritism towards Other M (despite being a hated game) but at the same time, perhaps Sakurai may include it as a way of showing the Prime fans 'hey I haven't forgotten about you guys!'

...gee...thanks...im so looking forward to that...

----

I think I made it pretty clear that I don't like this stage...As I stated before it served it's purpose as a tutorial area....A FRIKKIN TUTORIAL AREA...but yet that made it a good enough representation of what the Prime series was about, apparently...Well at least the Parasite Queen is there, perhaps she'll wreak some havoc on the stage while people are Brawling...nope...she just sits there and does nothing...To say I was disappointed in this stage was an understatement...I'd literally take another lava stage over this pile of fecal matter...

One of the biggest reasons I hated this stage was because of what could've been...
Phendrana Drifts....
Torvus Bog....
Sanctuary Fortress...
Tallon Overworld....
Artifact Temple....
Dark Aether....
Impact Crater....
heck even Magmoor Caverns would've been better...(I didn't even count any of the Prime 3 areas since the game wasn't out at the time of Brawl's initial development) and the best that we got was this?...Hey maybe Dark Samus will be playable at least!....nope....I'm a little dumbfounded, the Prime series despite being one of Nintendo's biggest most well received series during the 2000's and despite being the most notable series within the Metroid franchise gets the short end of the stick...I don't particularly mind the content for Other M, but almost completely neglecting the Primes (save for an Assist that should've been playable and some colour swaps) is really not a good way to keep the Metroid fans happy, especially after what you've done to poor Ridley...:crying:

Sakurai, I am disappoint...at least do me a favour and not bring this stage back (how about a new Metroid Prime stage instead?)

----

Abstain on that Wizard Turtle thingie...

----

Nominations:
Yoshimitsu x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Frigate Orpheon Stage

Chance - 5.25% - Not the most popular stage, and kinda already ruined by having all the music their be placed in-game already.

Want - 50% - Cool with it.

Kamek

Chance - 0.05% - One could argue that the Kamek in the Mario Stage is just a genneric Magikoopa, but I still don't think that's enough.

Want - 82.75% - That said, he's one of my most wanted. He's got so much pottential...

Predictions

Leon - 1.21% - Wolf and Krystal is all that needs to be said.

Starman - 1.89%- Don't we have two starmen in the game already?

Nominations

Fountain of Dreams X5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Frigate
Chance 4%
Want 10%

Kamek
Chance 2%
Want 3%
I would prefer Baby Mario, and Kamek is already a Smash Run enemy and stage element

Predictions
Leon 2%
Starman 1%

Nominate rob eye bug fix x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Kamek chances: 0.01%
Nope. Too many already established roles.

Kamek want: abstain

-----

Frigate Orpheon chances: 7.7%
Most of its musics already are on other stages, and I think its special gimmick would be a nightmare to program with Palkia and Skull Kid being a thing this time around.

Frigate Orpheon want: 38%
I preferred this stage over Norfair by a good margin in Brawl, but after playing Metroid Prime Trilogy I'd rather have something else rather than a representation of a tutorial area. At least I know I really want the Metroid Prime credits music back.

-----

Leon prediction: 1.30%
He's generally seen as a non-contender I think.

Starman prediction: 4.32%
"Retro" characters usually don't do very well, but this one is also kinda obscure.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x1
Playable newcomer: Kaptain K. Rool x4

Also don't forget to rate Hawlucha and Serperior in chances and want in the Pokkén edition of Rate Their Chances!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Finally.

Frigate Orpheon

Chance: 5%
Want: 90%

Yes, I'm one of those guys who actually likes this stage. Though sadly, most of its music is elsewhere, and what's preventing me from giving it 100% is my desire to see a new Metroid Prime stage. I would love it if this returned, though.

Kamek:

Double zeroes

Stage element. Not a hazard, but is an NPC.

Predictions:

Leon: 1%
Starman: 3%

Nominate: Ridley x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Frigate Orpheon
Chance:
1%

Its music is on other stages.
I am not a fan of the gimmick on this stage and it was awfully bland in my eyes.

Kamek
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

Technically disconfirmed. In Japan, Magikoopa is known as Kamek and the Magikoopas are in Smash Run, therefore Kamek is in Smash Run.
As for want, I'm not invested in a Yoshi rep. I find it to be unnecessary when Yoshi reps it perfectly.

Leon Prediction: 1.37%
Not much to say.
Starman Prediction: 5.00%
Obscure retro.

Nominations: Heihachi 5x

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Frigate Orpheon:

Chance: 8%
Want: 1%

I hated this stage.

Kamek:

Chance: 6%
Want: 65%

I think Kamek would be cool and the Yoshi series is pretty large and has been here for a while. I guess you could consider it a Sub-Mario series.

Nominations:
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x3
Pokemon Stadium 3 x2

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Kamek's Chance: 5%
A minor villain from a series with several other higher contending characters. He just doesn't have the demand to prove he will sell well.

Kamek's Want: 0%
Yoshi is just fine by himself for his series, which is hardly its own series given how much is so strongly borrowed from the Mario series. Likewise, the Mario series just has too many characters as it is, it doesn't need any more.

----------

Frigate Orpheon's Chance: Abstain
I have no clue what Sakurai has planned for stage DLC.

Frigate Orpheon's Want: 100%
It saddens me to see this fun stage so hated. I personally felt it was by far better than Norfair and the whole stage flip mechanic wasn't that bad. I'd love to have it back.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Been a while since I did this...
Kamek:
Chance: 1% Already an established stage hazard.
Want: 0% no thanks

Frigate Orpheon:
Chance: 2% I really don't care about this stage
Want: 50% No strong feelings one way or another.

Nominations: Dr. Lobe x5 (He got a costume in Mario Maker, so I figure I should nominate him)
Predictions: 2.1% for both

Laniv

Smash Champion
And of course I miss another day I was looking forward too... at least I've got extra nominations.

Kamek:

Chance: 2%
Stage hazard.

Want: Abstain

Frigate Orpheon:

Chance and Want: Abstain

Predictions for Leon: 5% Chance, 14% Want
Predictions for Starman: 2% Chance, 18% Want

Nominate Bubsy x 10

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Kamek:
Chances: 0.5% Pretty sure he's null and void due to being a part of that new super mario bros stage.
Abstaining from want
Abstain from Frigate Orpheon
Nominations: Rerate!Magolor x5
Predictions: Leon 4.38%
Starman 4%

Last edited:
Top Bottom