• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Daisy

From last time...
Daisy:

Chance: 25%
I feel like I'm rating this one really high here, but she would fit right in. I'm kinda tired of seeing Peach just put on a yellow dress, and everyone say it's Daisy. Granted, she's not as important as the Princess of Toadstools, but she's been playable in almost every Mario Spin-off since the N64 days. Also, there are three princesses in the Mario series, so why is one left out? She's also got a great developed personality of her own, so she would fit very nicely.
There are only a few points against her, but they're major. One, she's too similar to Peach, so Nintendo may be hesitant to add someone who could get the "muh clones" argument. But Daisy could work nicely as a Koopaling-style alt of Peach. Not too many people may be willing to buy a Lucina-esque clone, so that may only be acceptable if they give her as a part of a pack or as a free update. Second, the "muh reps" argument. But Pokémon has 6 reps for 721 mons...and we could (should) still get a few more as returning vets. Why should the Mario series, with it's countless games, not also have a lot more than Kid Icarus with its three? Third, I don't know if she's as requested as she should be to make it in.
Want: 85%
I'd love to have her in finally. Bonus points if her 8 costumes are actually 2 sets of recolors - 4 of the dress, and 4 (plus default) as her sports outfit. I also think it would be great if one of the dress recolors was pink and colored her hair blonde. That would be a fun fight - Peach cosplaying as Daisy versus Daisy as Peach. lol.
I don't think much has changed, but I was a bit nice last time. I do think she could get away with being unique if she got references to her Kart/Sports/Party games in her moveset, and that would set her apart from Peach. Bonus points for having two outfits (like Wario): the dress and a sports/racer suit.
Chance: 5%
Want: 50%

Amaterasu

Chance: 1%
Want: 25%
I'm not really into third parties. And she's Capcom, so it seems most people don't expect a third Capcom rep, so she really has no support. Don't really know the game either, but it looks beautiful, so I'm going to give her a bit of want.
Predictions: I don't think anything changed for either of them...
Snake: 30.7%
Shantae: 9.2%

Nom: Things have changed for Dixie though x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Daisy Chance:
15%
Won't deny her popularity, and she is pretty feasible as last-minute clone if they ever needed it. The thing she lacks is actual importance within in the mainline 2D/3D Mario games. Unless she gets that importance, I don't have expectations of her getting in.

x5 Ballot Being Only for Mii Costumes
(Did we rate this before?)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Amaterasu

Chance: 0%
3 Capcom reps is way too many.

Want: 0%
I have no idea who this is.

Daisy

Chance: 20%
It could be done.

Want: 30%
I'd be fine (as long as she has her sports outfit), but I'd prefer Waluigi.

Predictions: Shantae 10%

Predictions: Snake, AGAIN!? THIS IS THE 3RD TIME WE'VE RATED HIM! 20%

Nominations: Sturm X5.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm surprised that Snake's being re-rated - he's probably the first character that we'll be rating for the third time since the game started.

Anyways - My thoughts on Daisy:
Original Chance: 21%

New Chance: 21%

Original Want: 10%

New Want: 30%
I'm not too fussed on Daisy in Super Smash Bros - If anything, my most wanted Mario character now would probably be Waluigi. I've yet to see what would make Daisy an interesting character for me, so I can live without her inclusion.

I'll abstain for Amaterasu.

Re-rate: Banjo-Kazooie X5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Let no one say RTC is bigoted. We're rating two women tonight!

...Well, sort of.

--

Amaterasu

Chance: 2.5%
I wonder what this would've looked like right around the start of April? Even since we knew about Ryu, most other Capcom characters have been an afterthought. The idea of one third party company getting three of their characters into Smash is seen as absurd even by the people who've been following speculation the most. Thanks to that, what lower-end following Ammy had before has gone quiet.

There's also the fact that Okami is kind of really small as far as third party series go. Even if both games have a huge cult following and the first of them was critically acclaimed, it's still a far cry from...well, every third party series we've seen in Smash to date. Compared to all of those massive icons, Ammy probably wouldn't even measure up. She'd stick out like a sore thumb, so to speak.

Want: 70%
...Which is a shame, really. We've yet to see a full on quadruped fighter, and this one in particular has a surprisingly large movepool to draw from. With three weapon types and two different fighting styles for each, and with a myriad of divine Celestial Brush techniques that let her wield the powers of a god, Amaterasu could hold her own easily in the realm of Smash...even if she would feel out of place.

For now, she remains one of those long shots that people generally wouldn't mind if something crazy happened.

Rerate: Daisy

Chance: 12% -> 15%

Daisy's followers are certainly active, I'll give them that. They've rapidly become known as one of the most zealous support bases...but how much does that help Daisy herself? Though her supporters are bring louder, the support base itself...doesn't seem to have grown much. Beyond that, though, all the potential issues this princess of spinoffs presents are still...well, present.

Not only is fan interest rather low in getting a third Mario newcomer, more Mario fans seem interested in Captain Toad, Paper Mario, or even Waluigi. While the developers don't think primarily in terms of reps and wouldn't veto a Mario character just because a different Mario character already made it, her support does seem to be getting siphoned away by said characters.

Worse still? Daisy has been such an afterthought in Mario canon that her moveset potential banks on her spinoff appearances, and not on any inherent powers of her own! With a moveset so reliant on her game appearances and a personality so bland and one-dimensional that isn't compensated for by having major roles in her series, will the developers even be interested in her? She may not even measure up against more compelling options, even from within the Mario universe!
Though it seems like the fans are less hostile about getting another Mario character than they were a few months back, it's still mainly Paper Mario and Captain Toad getting support! And until Daisy's actual support base can spread its roots further instead of merely hogging the sunlight, and until something can be done about her myriad of drawbacks, I don't see her chances being very good.

Want: 10% -> 10%
And it's that same flat personality and faltering moveset potential that has me...not liking the idea of Daisy getting in. If we were to get another Mario character, I'd rather it was Paper Mario or (even though I still think it's too early) Captain Toad.

I wouldn't mind if she was an alt for Peach, though. And who knows, if she can land some major roles in future Mario games and her character got expanded on, maybe I'll feel differently when Smash 5 rolls around.

Shantae Rerate Prediction: 8.50%
Her fanbase has quieted down a bit, and her hype with it.

Snake Re-Rerate Prediction: 29.75%
I don't see this changing much.

Nominations: Golden Sun Stage x5

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Amaterasu

I may have been surprised when Ryu got in, but I'm 100% sure they wouldn't dare put in 3 Capcom reps unless Nintendo manages to purchase Capcom.

Daisy

Want: 100%

She may not be a very prominent character, but I still wouldn't mind to see her in Smash someday.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Amaterasu

To be honest, I really don't know too much about Amaterasu.

Princess Daisy

If only Daisy was more prominent outside of just spin-off games, then I'd find that her chances would be higher. This is why she needs her own franchise, like what DK, Wario, Yoshi, and now Captain Toad has! Either that, or at the very least, be active in a main Mario game.

I, myself, don't even entertain the thought of Daisy being a Peach clone, but it just seems that she has that stigma about her, even though they label her as a head strong tomboy, loud and outspoken, and even beats Bowser up! (which is pretty much opposite from how Peach carries herself) But I guess that it just doesn't seem enough to differentiate herself from Peach (just because she wears a dress, probably), which is why she needs MORE. THAN. JUST. SPIN-OFFS!!

Want: 110%

We already have Rosalina as a playable character, so, why not throw in Daisy as well? To, you know, complete the trio! To me, it just doesn't seem right to feature only 2 out of the 3 Mario gals because it isn't fair to Daisy.

The Smash devs / Sakurai are really creative, they can find a way to give Daisy a move set. If they can find one for Fox, Captain Falcon, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, etc, then surely they can pull something out of their you know what for Daisy, too! Heck, I'm pretty sure they can give a rock a move set if they wanted to.

Shantae: 30%

Solid Snake: 40%

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Chance/Want

Daisy

While she may have started out as a replacement for Peach in Super Mario Land, and ultimately forgotten for over a decade until being revived in Mario Tennis for the Nintendo 64, Daisy overtime grew from "another princess in another kingdom" to a character of her own as the athletic, vying and sprightly tomboy that many have grown to appreciate today. The ballot really woke the emotional beast within many Daisy fans who haven't had much to be vocal about other than hoping for Daisy to have a role in a main Mario game, Super Smash Bros or for her and Luigi to take it to the next level. And many feel like this is her best chance of even being considered for a spot seeing that Nintendo not looking all that eager to push her themselves. And apparently in Japan, they really want her in.

Daisy also has a high potential for an impressive moveset. Such as using the superball from Super Mario Land. She also has the Flower Power, Crystal Smash along with the sports and party equipment from the more modern Mario spin-off titles. And if you want to get creative, she could potentially use some of Gunpei Yokoi's contributions to Nintendo like the Ultra Hand as a tether grab since they were both made by him. (And yes, that's fair game. Remember that not all Smash characters have moves that completely stem from their franchises, but moves that can fit well in their arsenal or just make sense.) So she does have much more potential than just being a Peach clone. And even if that what she ended up as a result, then that would just be less work for the devs. I don't prefer this outcome by any means, but that could make having Daisy in the game a little more sweeter in their eyes if it permits them to get things done faster. Though I'll admit that this is just me approaching things from a different angle.

She's not guaranteed by any means with an immeasurable amount of other characters in this democratic fray, plus many out there that thinks she's irrelevant or needs more exposure in bigger Mario titles before even being considered in Smash. But still, I don't think her chances are nothing to laugh at.

Want: 85%

In the world of Mario games, Yoshi is my favorite character but Daisy is my second. So yes, I do want her in this game quite a bit. I think she has great potential for an interesting moveset. In the spin-off titles,Daisy has had the role of a technical character, a speed character and -- to a lesser extent -- being much stronger than she looks, so she could even be a defensive powerhouse. So there good variety in the possibility of what kind of character she could be. I like her competitive attitude and that seems like a great fit to have for Smash. But most of all, and I'll be honest here... After three games, I'm SICK and TIRED of using Daisy-colored Peach. Believe it or not, the two of them are and act different. And while I don't have a problem with Peach as a character, I like Daisy a whole lot more. Even if she did end up as a Peach clone or even as an alt, I'd actually get used to that attack set up much quicker and happier since it's actually a character I'm motivated to play. So yeah, here's hoping Daisy gets in.

Amaterasu

This... Hurts. Because I love Okami and find it to be one of the finest games I've ever played in my life. But sadly, Okami is incredibly underrated. And even though Ammy was in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Okami became a series with the sequel Okamiden -- a sequel that many don't even remember exist or even want to -- this is a third party game and Capcom already has two franchises represented. Nothing is set in stone, but unless Amaterasu has a really strong push in votes and well written reasons, I doubt Nintendo would even bat a eye in her direction.

Want: 70%

Like I said, it absolutely hurts that I don't see her having much chance getting in. Okami was a beautiful game created by Game Directing Genius and Professional Twitter Angry Man, Hideki Kamiya. It's truly an amazing experience that many should embark on. Sadly despite being on the PS2, Wii and PS3, not many were willing to do so.

---

Predictions​

Snake: 5%???

I... honestly don't know. With how insane everything is over at Konami is right now, I honestly can't tell.But right now I think it's low despite a lot of people craving for Snake's return.

Shantae: 20%

Definitely a possibility. Nintendo LOVES indies right now, Shantae has a lot of history on Nintendo platforms and she's is getting a ton of support. And jeez, have you seen the Wayforward devs? They are freaking ready for this!

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Amaterasu

I doubt (and pray) that Capcom doesn't get another rep.

Want: 30%

Don't get me wrong, I would be all for the idea of Amaterasu being in the game, she could really offer some interesting game play but... we already have Ryu. I would trade Ryu for her in a heartbeat but as it stands I do not want Capcom to get anymore preferential treatment, I would much rather Namco and Sega get secondary reps.

Daisy
Chance: 10%

It's possible, oh of course it is, but highly unlikely, I doubt Sakurai or anyone on the Smash team sees Daisy being more than a Peach clone and while that's not true I don't see anyone on the team seeing other wise, I think whatever is holding back Waluigi is also holding her back too. The best I see is a Daisy alt costume in the future and even that's slim.

Want: 20%

Sports moves make her an interesting character and I would be open to her inclusion but another Mario rep and my lack of overall caring about her doesn't make me want her much.

Predictions:

Shantae 40%

Snake 50%

Nominations:

NiGHTS x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Amaterasu chances: 0.18%
A character from a one-off third-party series (ignoring remakes and remasters) getting playable representation in Smash? Okami was pretty well received as a game from what I believe, but that's still a huge stretch.

Amaterasu want: 15%
Not a flat zero because of some bias, due to the fact I'm interested in picking the game sooner or later. But that doesn't mean I think Amaterasu should be in Smash outside of maybe a cameo, unless Smash eventually becomes Nintendo VS Capcom or something.

-----

Daisy chances: 1.9%
I'll quote what I said earlier about her because nothing has changed:
There's he fact she's a staple in every Mario Kart/Golf/Party/whatever and, since those series are such successful cash-cows for Nintendo, the fact she's instantly recognizable by virtually any Nintendo fan, plus she'd possibly be based at least partially on Peach for model and animations, thus saving some development time, and... that's approximatively all she has going for her. Many character who currently are in Smash Bros. have the same thing plus much more. She has little relevance to the main Mario series, with her sole role being replacing Peach in one Mario Land title for what I believe, which honestly wasn't that much memorable of a role; the fact she's generally remembered for her "spin-off" appearances (where she never had been particularly any more prominent than the rest of the Mario cast including characters who currently are in Smash Bros. as well) and she's often suggested to have a moveset based on these games says quite a lot. If Sakurai was so harsh with Waluigi, a character in a similar situation, when he deconfirmed him then I don't see Daisy being in his radar either.

You can argue she's doing well on the official Ballot for the huge recognizability alone, but in all honesty I think people from the "silent majority" with somewhat limited overall Nintendo knowledge who vote for her due to being familiar with the character in Mario Kart/Golf/Party/whatever easily outweigh the passionate Nintendo fans who genuinely want her in Smash for what she is.
Daisy want: 0.1%
Okay I'll be generous and give her slightly more than a flat zero in want, if only for the fact she at least makes some sense due to being a famous Nintendo character, but I still don't see myself being interested about her as a Smash fighter.
Eh, I guess I've shared most of my thoughts about her in the chances section (call me biased if you want, but I don't see her being in Sakurai's radar and I can't really give her higher than that) but I really don't want Daisy as a fully fledged character in Smash Bros. Besides the now mostly forgotten role of her being the princess of Sarasaland (not to mention the Super Mario Land series, which is set in this country, also introduced another character with far more legacy behind him than Daisy and who is actually playable in Smash Bros... I mean Wario, of course) she doesn't really stand out as a character in the Mario universe and is mostly a "spin-off" fodder more than anything else... Another thing I dislike about her as a character choice for Smash Bros. is the fact she's I think an "unimaginative" choice, in other words a character you'd see in Smash Bros. just because or their recurrence in a famous game series without taking into account their actual influence and prominence in the series, something I implicitly implied in the second paragraph of my chances score.

"B-but she could be unique and represent Mario Sports!" Could she be unique? Of course, I'm not denying it. But is it worth it? Honestly considering her role as a "spin-off fodder" more than anything else and the fact Mario "spin-offs" already are represented through other characters' moves (Peach's side smash and Bowser Jr.'s side special) I don't think she's Smash material and I wouldn't bother giving her a moveset for Smash Bros.

I don't hate Daisy as a character or anything, but for me she's nothing special as a Mario character and as such I think her as a character choice would add very little value to the Smash Bros. roster and the Mario series' representation. Not to mention I feel the Mario series got a bit too much love compared to a lot of other series with two fully unique newcomers, an unfair amount of stages and a considerable amount of new items... I know Mario is Nintendo's biggest juggernaut by a considerable margin, but still! And even then if I had to chose a Mario newcomer for DLC then I'd much rather have Captain Toad who I think is a superior choice in every possible way. Still I guess I'd rather have her over random third-party nobodies because she's at least a famous Nintendo character, but that's not saying much.
Looking back to what I previously wrote I still pretty much agree with my past self, she's not undeserving per se but as a Smash choice she's just... boring. I would be highly disappointed if what the ballot gives us is a very secondary character from a series which already got two fully unique newcomers, especially as a way to pander to "casuals" with limited Nintendo knowledge we're sometimes debating about (since you know, "DLC characters have to sell so only characters known in the mainstream have a chance" like what is sometimes said).

-----

Snake prediction: 31.22%
I suppose he was nominated again due to being perceived as overrated in chances, but I still somehow see yet another increase.

Shantae prediction: 10.22%
She's already overrated as it is, but you can bet fans of her who otherwise don't care about this thread will give her overinflated chances scores then leave. Until her next rerate.
Confession time: part of why I joined Smashboards was because I used to lurk on the original RTC for some time and I genuinely thought there was no way Ridley wasn't going to be playable (as stupid as it may sound today), and I wanted to defend his score by giving him 98% chances. Yeah, I'm part of this community because of something stupid in hindsight. So I can't really blame those one-off voters who will give her inflated chances scores.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x1
Concept: none of the top 3 wanted newcomers x4

The two missing Pokémon from Brawl are now secure from a nomination list cleanup, so I'll leave them as it is now. I'll start to nominate them again whenever the concept I want to focus on is set to be nominated.

Edit: an overall flat zero in want in Rate Their Chances?

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Daisy

Chance: 12%

Sakurai may consider her because she is from the most successful series in Smash, but I think her lack of importance in the main Mario series hurts her chance.

Want: 5%

All of the most important Mario characters are already accounted for and anything else is just extra.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Amaterasu (I don't really know this name until recently, despite having played Okami):
Chance 5%/10 = 0.5%
Okay, a bit bias here. A third Capcom rep is really too far imo. The first one is reasonable and the second one is... okay, and I doubt if Okami is even iconic enough to be a third one. Popularity isn't high, and that hurts her chances even more.

Want 10%/10 = 1%
She's okay for me. But a third Capcom rep, when the second one already beat me into utter dehype? F**k no.

ALSO THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE WOLF

Daisy:
Chance 2%/2 = 1%
A quote from a user who quotes his earlier speech so i'm just quoting his quoted quote quote quote quote
There's he fact she's a staple in every Mario Kart/Golf/Party/whatever and, since those series are such successful cash-cows for Nintendo, the fact she's instantly recognizable by virtually any Nintendo fan, plus she'd possibly be based at least partially on Peach for model and animations, thus saving some development time, and... that's approximatively all she has going for her. Many character who currently are in Smash Bros. have the same thing plus much more. She has little relevance to the main Mario series, with her sole role being replacing Peach in one Mario Land title for what I believe, which honestly wasn't that much memorable of a role; the fact she's generally remembered for her "spin-off" appearances (where she never had been particularly any more prominent than the rest of the Mario cast including characters who currently are in Smash Bros. as well) and she's often suggested to have a moveset based on these games says quite a lot. If Sakurai was so harsh with Waluigi, a character in a similar situation, when he deconfirmed him then I don't see Daisy being in his radar either.

You can argue she's doing well on the official Ballot for the huge recognizability alone, but in all honesty I think people from the "silent majority" with somewhat limited overall Nintendo knowledge who vote for her due to being familiar with the character in Mario Kart/Golf/Party/whatever easily outweigh the passionate Nintendo fans who genuinely want her in Smash for what she is.
Want -1%*1.5 = -1.5%
Sorry, allow me to rate below 0, if someone else rated for 110%. This is my actual want when I thought of her earlier in the top 10 want list, she may be popular or stuff, but if she really ends up getting picked out of all ballot choices, I would feel sincerely ripped off. Some would say she has personality and sh*t, but that's just some generic Tomboy girl personality, and honestly feel nothing too special for me (in fact, I feel she's not even close to unique with that, because basically most I know irl has such personality).

So wow, Snake actually gets a 2nd rerate? I... forgot he had one already. Sorry xd
Predictions:
Snake 32%
Nothing really changes for Chance, I just want to see a change in want. I may add that Snake is seemingly the most popular world wide, so there could be something for him.

Shantae 8%
I don't see anything going on for her either, other than several clickbaits, a vandalism, that happened saying "she will be in smash", which overall makes me feel more disgusted of the character and the fanbase itself.

Nominations:
Slippy x5

Last edited:
Daisy
Chance: 5% (has popularity, but also competition)
Want: 0% (I prefer Captain Toad and Paper Mario)

Amaterasu
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Snake prediction: 28%
Shantae prediction: 10% (some will most likely overrate her)

Nominations: Cranky Kong 5x

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Amaterasu
Chance: 2%
Yeah, highly unlikely. Shouldn't need explanation.

Want: 60%
Okami is a great game and I can see Amaterasu bringing some really interesting stuff to Smash. There's a lot of potential in her for sure. Not a huge want, but I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Daisy
Chance: 40%
This may seem a little high to some based on ratings I'm seeing, but I don't see her as so unlikely at all. There are very few characters I consider likely for DLC (half of the "top 10 chance" list I think have next to no chance), and Daisy has enough general recognition to give her a reasonable shot. I think her biggest worry is if Sakurai believes there would be too many Mario series characters.

Want: 40%
I can take her or leave her, but if I had to pick one way I'd say no. Would much prefer her over Waluigi, at least.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi! :)

Amaterasu:
I don't think Amaterasu have almost no chance.

Want: 5%
I don't know the character and his saga, also I have other priorities.

Daisy:
Chance: 35%
While a decent amount of following here, her following is far more in Japan to the point of being a common sight in DLC speculations, so she has a chance.

Because she's my favorite female character from Nintendo.
She's an sporty, strong, fast and beautiful, has attitude and she would be a other female character to offer.
Daisy could have original sports/party moves to represent the Mario spin-off series, and maybe even moves to represent Super Mario Land.

Snake prediction: 35%
Shantae prediction: 20%

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Since not much has changed unlike a certain croc, I'm going to leave this here.

Chances: 48%

Daisy

Chances: 48%
Chances if alternate character costumes are confirmed: 90%

Believe it or not, to look at her chances, we can see how she is currently represented in the current Smash games.

In Melee, she had the closest thing to a real alternate costume, with flower petals and matching tan and dress design.

However, in Brawl, the flower petals and other nunaces were completely removed, leaving us only with "Yellow Peach".

The only trophy of Daisy in that game was the "Striker Daisy" trophy, which was the only trophy in Mario Strikers besides Mario and a possible Kremling. This shows that she MIGHT have been considered, but never reached beyond a stage where they actually implemented any files or commented on it like Dixie's absence (who is also a palette swap)

In Smash 4 Wii U, she has not one, not two, but THREE unique trophies of her. If you count the 3DS version, it's four. The Baby Luigi and Daisy trophies are the only baby trophies. This might not mean much at all, but like Dixie, she's one of the only non-assist characters to have an item trophy.

Smash 4 is also the first Smash game in the series to have alternate characters such as :4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4alph:

:4lucina: and :4drmario: were planned to be costumes but got promoted into having their own slots.

So what about Daisy (and Dixie), they were STILL palette swaps. It could have been really easy to create one for them, but the flower embellishments are still nowhere to be seen. She also has a Non-DLC Mii hat like Mario, Luigi and Peach.

But in Peach's clear movie, there are too many references to Daisy......

She appears in over 40 games, but then again, Nintendo never even considered her for a main game,unlike Toadette, who appeared in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker as a main character. In an email from Nintendo America to @StarCrystal20, it stated it was up to the development team to make the decisions.

Also we might argue that there are too many Mario reps. While I definitely agree that we have enough Marios (No Paper Mario please), I don't think Sakurai discriminates on representatives. Otherwise, Roy would be out of the question.

I want her and Toad to complete the Mario roster. People would say she's just a filler character, but as @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever stated, she appears even in a small roster in spinoffs. Also I find Peach boring and girly, while Daisy is much more spunky and sassy (but I like her aggressive play-style) so I wouldn't mind if she was a alternative costume or semi-clone. Poor Daisy, the true underdog of the Mario series, always relegated to an extra slot in a Mario roster for padding :(

All in all, I think people are underestimating Daisy's chances. No other franchise has a large variety of spinoffs as Mario does. Even then, she's still appearing regularly. Look at this official poster for example.

I think Daisy is the only one here that hasn't been properly represented in Smash. It's not like she has to be a CLONE of Peach either. Since she's 'Daisy', why not give her a moveset that is partially based on flowers?

She has a LOT of detractors though.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Copy Paste from what I said last time:

Time for Ad-Rate-Ure.
Daisy:

"Daisy only appears in spin-offs. I, Rosalina, appeared in a main game. Thus I am a main Mario character and relevant"
While Daisy has not appeared in many main Mario games, this doesn't mean she's not a main Mario character.
She appeared in almost every spin-off ever. And when counting these, appearing in most of them is pretty major in and of itself.
Daisy appears in all spin-offs, making her always relevant.

Not only does she appear in most of the spin-offs, she also appears in one of the first, making her have senority while being relevant.
There's no rule that says the spin-offs are inferior to the least major main games.
That's just a fan-rule.
Fact is, Daisy appears more than the rest of the potential candidates, from 90's to now, and has no reason to stop doing that.

The Smash fanbase should stop acting like the Mario-spin-offs are the only games that don't count for a Smash resumé.
It's unfair to perfectly viable characters that have build moveset potential, personality and a resumé of over 40 games.

It's like saying New Super Mario Bros. doesn't count as a game because it's not a 3D game.
It's like saying Donkey Kong Jungle Climber doesn't exist because Rare didn't make it.
Let's scrap Luigi's Mansion because it's no main-game.
Treasure Tracker never existed, and Captain Toad only got a mini-game in 3D World.
Oh wait, that's not a completely 3D game and a baseball appears in it, let's treat it like dirt.

Stop acting Super Mario Galaxy is the last Mario game
and try a true game like Mario Party.

Mario Spin-Offs are sold more, played more and are made more than many fan favorite niche series.
Daisy is PLAYABLE in all of them.
But appearing consistently for over 20 years doesn't count because they play tennis?

If that's the case, Miis never appeared.

Series can harvest themselves in different styles.
Zelda has a 2D and 3D version.
DK has a Country, Arcade and PAON version.
Metroid has a Prime series, 2D games and Other M.
Fire Emblem has Waifu Simulator and a real Fire Emblem

Heck, K. Rool fans still use Super Mario Sluggers as his last game, to prove he's not irrelevant

Btw, this character probably appeared in more games than your whole top 5 appeared together.
Even King K. Rool dwarfs in comparison to the Flower Princess.

"Daisy has no moveset potential/no clear archetype. I, Rosalina, have spacey stuff and Lumas to work with"
Just like you are just a Space Peach, amirite.

Daisy has a lot of moveset potential for the previous answer given.
Most spin-offs involve special moves and catergories (All-Round, Speed etc.)
Thus we have a very good sense of Daisy's potential and archetype when looking at these.
Looking at it, it seems Daisy has an affinity for Flowers and a speedy and technical character.

Now there's something important to say here:
The moveset is not made by solely taping together the individual special moves.
There are creative liberties to take when making these.
While a basketball dunk is the only recovery move that is a spin-off move, a better fit would be a Petal Tornado or a Flower Glider (Mario Kart 8 or Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Another example is a garden special that, while appearing in Mario Power Tennis, could house different plant-like enemies to damage enemies, or could release pollen, petals and other plant-stuff to hurt the opponent.
Last, but not least, there are a lot of Mario plantpowers that Daisy could use.
There are dozens of flowers that give actual powers, like Fire Flower.
A lot of plant-like enemies, like Nippers.
And there are a lot of flower-based hazards that could be planted over to Daisy's movekit. (Piranha Vines, Petey Piranha)
See, there's a lot to do with both real-life plant physics, or Mario's thousands of plantpowers.

If you think that Flower Mage doesn't fit Daisy, like me, you can go for a hybrid.
Daisy turns into a Cheerleader with Flower Pom-Poms and combines the little grace she has with her competitive and energetic nature.

As for the folks who think Daisy can only use sports-equipment, they're wrong.
At best, she could have a Flower Ball special where she Golfs/Tennises/Slam Dunks a ball forwards, combining all sports in one attack.
Now all the other attacks are freed for Cheerleader-poses and Flower-antics.

"No new Mario character, it's impossible. Me, Rosalina and the Big Bowser's Kid are enough. Daisy's unneeded."
Just as unneeded as having Bowser Jr. AND you in the base game, right?

The Mario series sell extremely high, being the most selling franchise from Nintendo.
DLC needs to sell on his own, and what's a better solution than selling a Mario character?
As for "reps", Sakurai added two completely unique Mario characters in the base game already.
No stopping him from adding the third.

"She's so filler"
Um, yeah, that's why Daisy appears even on a roster of 10.
She might be filler, but she's a pretty good one as she fills the Mario Spin-Off roster every single time.

BTW, This is a non-argument, everybody could be said to be filler as every character is made to fill a specific role.
Heck, even Mario is a filler character made to fill-in the lack of Popeye in the original.
Ex.
"Um yeah King K. Rool is so filler they just needed a villain"
"Mario is so filler they just needed a jumpguy after popeye didn't do it"
"Luigi so filler, he's only player two"
"Ridley so filler, they just needed more bosses"

"Daisy has no personality, I, Rosalina, am at least always super sad with echoes."
Being always happy and girly and rainbows (Peach), is as much as a personality as a loud and dense tomboy (Daisy)

http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Princess_Daisy_profiles_and_statistics

Here is a link with every profile and bio of Princess Daisy.
See the pattern?
Daisy is energetic, brash and obnoxiously competitive.
She's a very sore loser, turning mad where Peach would cry.
We have no fighter like that in Smash Bros. yet.
All characters who are like this in their home series share no traits of that behavior in Smash Bros.

I've played a crap-ton of Mario Spin-Offs and Daisy has always been one of my favorites.
Ammo's Rasa 2
Chance and Want Abstain

Original Xenoblade rep x5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Amaterasu
Chance: 0.4%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the protagonist of Okami a small score of 0.4%.
Highly doubt it is putting it lightly...

Want: 0.5%
Abstain from explanation.

Daisy
Chance: 15%
I'm still going to give Daisy the benefit of the doubt due to being a decently popular and recognizable pick. While I'm doubtful that the Mario franchise will get a DLC character since it got so much content in the base game, I wouldn't be surprised all the same. Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise so they might not Mario to miss out on a new character that would probably sell well regardless, and Sakurai could use her to specifically represent the spin off Mario titles. That's the main reason I sort of see her as a contender. Aside from never really appearing in a mainstream Mario title, one thing I mentioned in my original rating that might hold her back though is the fact that she already has a Mii Fighter hat, but I'm not so sure I feel that's as detrimental to her chances as I feel a full blown DLC Mii Fighter costume based off a popular character is. Still worth mentioning. Overall, my opinion on Daisy's chances are more or less the same as they were in my first rating, but I'm still going to give her a slight percent drop because as time continues to move on I start to see most characters we speculate on as less and less likely by default. I'll give the Princess of Sarasaland a score of 15% likelihood, which is a 7% drop from my original rating.
I'm doubtful, but I still see her as a character that just might be on Sakurai's radar...

Want: 45%
I'm still neutral. Whether or not she's unique I wouldn't mind her inclusion all that much, but mostly because I would enjoy spamming the inevitable "Hi, I'm Daisy!" taunt to annoy my friends.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Don't make Ammy angry. She bit Wesker's hand and attacked Deadpool when he and two other guys tried to muder Nicholas Cage in Santa Monica.

Want: 10%

A third Capcom rep is pushing it. I don't particularly endorse it, but let Sega or Namco, or even a new third party get a shot at DLC. Amaterasu wouldn't be my ideal third party pick if we had to get another Capcom character, but I don't dislike her either.

Day Z

Chance: 15%

Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise, so while I don't want it, it could get a DLC character. Daisy's support base is large and certainly active post-ballot reveal, and comes from both sides of the world. Then there's her competition which amounts to Cap. Toad, and Paper Mario.

I really don't want Daisy. Even in the Mario series which is more than well stocked in playable characters, I would gladly take Paper Mario or Cap. Toad over this tomboy.

Predictions:

Snake: 27%
Shantae: 20%

Nominate: DLC to promote new game x5

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Amaterasu:

Chance: 1% - Well Smash already has 2 Capcom reps and I highly doubt they'll put in a third one.
Want: 1% - No idea who this character is actually.

Daisy:

Chance: 5% - As if adding Bowser Jr. and bringing back Dr. Mario wasn't good enough.
Want: 0% - Even though I prefer her over that ***** Peach, I'm not interested in seeing her. In fact, why do I even need her when I already have Rosalina, my favorite Mario and perhaps favorite female Nintendo character ever and who's made a way bigger impression than Daisy ever did. Plus she hasn't had a mainstream Mario game since Super Mario Land, which was like...what...25 years? I prefer Captain Toad over her any day.

Predictions:

Snake: 28%
Shantae: 19%

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Amaterasu:
Such cult classic. Very Capcom. Much reps. Wow.
I'm terribly sorry.

Want: 55%
After losing our sole quadrupedal fighter Ivysaur, Amaterasu can fill than void while bringing a lot of abilities based on Japanese folklore. So yes.​

Daisy:
Yeah, I'm very pessimistic about her chances for this game. Even if her popularity has managed to hold up despite relative neglect, I think she'll be reserved for the next game at best.

Want: 90%

Sure. While I'm quite satisfied with the Mario portion of the roster (Doc and Koopalings were a dream come true), I like Daisy a lot and won't be opposed to her addition.
:231:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
The winners for the last two day are as follows:

Saffron City: @ Kitty-chan Kitty-chan and @ Zilexion Zilexion
Star Fox Zero concept: @ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice
New Mii Fighter: @ Delzethin Delzethin
Sm4sh is the end: @ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice again
Great! I'll add five more nominations to the concept of none of the top 3 wanted newcomers then.
Not ten because I've already used five extra nominations yesterday, I didn't even bother waiting to use them considering how close my prediction was from the actual Star Fox thing rating :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SSB4 IS THE LAST OF THE SERIES
WANT: 0.00%
@Groose, we managed to get a want score of 0%! :p
We tried to do this with Game Cancellation, but that didn't work out and we got a want score higher than this.

The Directory has been updated.

Amaterasu
Chance:
0%

She is a Capcom character, who is already represented with Mega Man and Ryu. Her demand is very weak and her game flopped, she is not considered legendary at all. If we get another Capcom character, I think we would get Phoenix Wright.
One of my most wanted characters. I love the character, the Okami series, and she is one of my mains in UMvC3 (I always have a team consisting of her and Wright). I would be VERY happy if she got in.

Daisy
Chance:
5%

Copy and paste:
Daisy
Chance:
5%

I wouldn't underestimate Daisy's popularity. She has a strong following and is one of the most requested characters. Her requests aren't as strong as the typical veteran mind you, but they are pretty significant.

What isn't significant are her roles. She is by far a very unimportant Nintendo character who has mainly appeared in spin-offs after her one major role in Super Mario Land. She has only appeared in the likes of Mario Kart, Party, and any other sports game. Other than that, she hasn't had any other major roles. In fact, she wasn't even referenced at all in any of the games during the Year of Luigi, especially when Dream Team was about Luigi's dreams. Finally, there is a Puzzle Swap image of Nintendo's girls and Daisy isn't present in it, but Peach, Rosalina, Pauline, and 2 Zeldas are. That's... pretty bad.

All things considered, she will sell; she is popular and a Mario character. But her main issue is insignificance.
I still stand by this. Nothing has changed.
I rather not...
One thing that I would like is maybe an alt costume, maybe something for Peach that was as detailed in Melee. But, as a character, I rather not see her be playable. I personally prefer Captain Toad.
Snake Prediction: 19.47%
How low can we go? I think lower.
Shantae Prediction: 13.13%
I'm very doubtful anything will change.

Nominations: Heihachi 5x

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Amaterasu

Chance: 0.1% - It's just not going to happen. No way. Even if somehow Capcom DID get a third rep, it would probably be Phoenix Wright. Her only chance is if Capcom specifically asks for her to be in Smash, and even so they better have a good reason.

Want: 20% - She's cool. I played her game a long time ago and she would be very unique.

Daisy

Chance: 5% - Daisy supporters are loud and clear, but she doesn't seem the kind of character Sakurai would add. She just doesn't seem plausable. If Sakurai was to add another Mario character it would probably be Captain Toad.

Want: 1% - She wouldn't be the worst character addition EVER, but Daisy is bland and dull. I never cared for her in any Mario spinoffs. All her abilities and even her personality is just boring.

Snake

Chance: 3% - A hard decision, but chances are he isn't coming back. Konami isn't doing great, and if he wasn't added to the game at the start, chances are he won't be added again.

Shantae

Chance: 5% - Hard choice, but I just don't that Nintendo considers her to be A game for Smash Bros. But there has been a bunch of hints so maybe I'm wrong.

gregx2

Smash Rookie
Amaterasu

Chance - 0,1% - I REALLY don't think Capcom will get another rep
Want - 0,1%

Daisy

Chance - 40%
Want - 100% - She would have a unique fighting style if she used her sport abilities

Predict
-Snake - 50%
-Shantae - 5% - Even if she's getting kinda popular right now, i don't think she might get a spot. But who knows, right?

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Amaterasu - 0% It's just not gonna happen.
Want: 30% I would be pleasantly surprised at their inclusion, but I won't say I want them to get in over anyone else.

Daisy - 20% People have been requesting her for a while. Not showing up in many main games will probably hurt.

Predict what other people will vote:
Snake: 20%
Shantae: 30%

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Amaterasu

Chance: 0.1% - It's just not going to happen. No way. Even if somehow Capcom DID get a third rep, it would probably be Phoenix Wright. Her only chance is if Capcom specifically asks for her to be in Smash, and even so they better have a good reason.

Want: 20% - She's cool. I played her game a long time ago and she would be very unique.

Daisy

Chance: 5% - Daisy supporters are loud and clear, but she doesn't seem the kind of character Sakurai would add. She just doesn't seem plausable. If Sakurai was to add another Mario character it would probably be Captain Toad.

Want: 1% - She wouldn't be the worst character addition EVER, but Daisy is bland and dull. I never cared for her in any Mario spinoffs. All her abilities and even her personality is just boring.

Snake

Chance: 3% - A hard decision, but chances are he isn't coming back. Konami isn't doing great, and if he wasn't added to the game at the start, chances are he won't be added again.

Shantae

Chance: 5% - Hard choice, but I just don't that Nintendo considers her to be A game for Smash Bros. But there has been a bunch of hints so maybe I'm wrong.
Eh, to be honest, I find Peach to be more boring. Peach is generic, stale, and most of the time, reliant on Mario to save her. At least Daisy knocked Bowser into space in MP3.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Amaterasu
Chance: 1.25%
Want: 65%
White wolfy nya~

Daisy
Chance: 7%
It's not that I dislike her nya, it's just I think she'll be made into a peach clone nya

Prediction
Snake: 30%
Shantae: 15%
No comment nya

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Eh, to be honest, I find Peach to be more boring. Peach is generic, stale, and most of the time, reliant on Mario to save her. At least Daisy knocked Bowser into space in MP3.
Eh, I think they're both boring and are just 2 stereotypical sides of the personality of a girl. Peach being those who are more well-mannered, kind and stuff, while Daisy being those who are more tomboyish, wild etc.

Troykv

Smash Master
Amaterasu:

Uff... This unlikeable, mainly because her probably has more fame from the UMvC3 than from her actual game (that has niche popularity).

Could be a interesting adition.

Daisy (HI! I'm Daisy!)

She has a difficult sittuation with a BIG competition with a lot of character from her own franchise. But be a Mario Character, specially one that has many fans has a decent shot.

I have a weird feeling with Daisy as a Smash Character.

Predictions:

Snake: 25.4% (Note: I need put a HIGHTER want score this time)
Shantae: 7.6% (I'm hoping to see her with a lower score... but maybe we have a lot of biased opinions... unlike other characters ;_;)

Nominations:

Rerate!Shovel Knight x4 (This one also needs a NERF in his chance score)
Ballot Runner-up in Smash 5 x1

Last edited:

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
All the characters have a chance but not ridley but I don't want to put the chances to lke

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Amaterasu

Chance/Want: Abstain

Daisy

Chance: 10%
Want: 75%

Predictions

Snake: 12%
Shantae: 16%

Nominations

Uhh...
Inkling Rerate X5

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Amaterasu:
Another Capcom character.....this is one of the few niche series that Capcom have. I don't even think it's that big only because the popularity didn't really up until Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Want: Abstain
Capcom doesn't need anyone else IMO. Sakurai once stated that Capcom was one of the most easiest companies to work with, they definitely were not at all opposed to have MegaMan in the game, if anything I think Ryu was really a small one off favor to them. With that being said though, Sakurai seem to like to have big name third parties not a random character from a very niche series when it comes to third parties. Besides if Capcom really were to get another character I'd think they'd go to Phoneix Wright at least that one would make a lot more sense as a third representative. Yeah, I think we're done with Capcom characters after Ryu we don't need this to end up being CapcomxSmashBros or another inside joke NintendoxCapcom, even though I would love to see a NintendoxCapcom actually happen I just don't want it to be integrated into Smash.

Daisy
Do we really need another Mario character? I say we're done with that. We know the Mario series is Nintendo's flagship series but do we really need another one. One that hasn't been that prominent since when...Super Mario Bros 2? That game was almost 25 years ago and she's since then been downgraded to only be playable in the spinoff games. I'm starting to think that maybe Sakurai just doesn't even think of the Party games being that important at all when it comes to Mario characters being in Smash. If that were the case we would've gotten Waluigi and Daisy in by now.

Want: Abstain
I used to like Daisy back when I was younger, but I've gravitated over to Rosalina over the past couple of years and...I've got freakin Rosalina in Smash Bros a character that I myself didn't think had much of a slim chance of getting in. Again, I've got Rosalina as my favorite Mario character in Smash 4 so I'm happy as far as the Mario roster goes. Would rather have Toad playable befor eDaisy or Waluigi and I would want it to be Captain Toad.

Snake Prediction: 20%
I think the demand for Snake has been pretty high. He is definitely another character from Brawl that people want back, so I don't see why not.

Shantae Prediction: 5%
I think the hype for the indie characters has downgraded since the ballot opened. Again niche third party series that doesn't have the same amount of star power as the other third parties in the game.
Nomination
Inkling (is it too early to rerate the Inkling or no...)

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Amaterasu:
Want: 90%

I haven't beaten Okami, but it's a great game from what I played. I also use her in UMvC3

Daisy:
Want: 1% -

I don't think we need any more Mario characters. Had this been before Rosalina, both scores would be higher. I don't want any more Mario characters. Rosalina, already irks me.

Nominations:
Ballot Runner Ups in Smash 5 x 5

Predictions:
Snake: 22%
Shantae: 8%

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Amaterasu

Greatly enjoyed the game and see the potential.

Daisy
Alert. Very popular character. Her, a Pokemon, Toad and Tails are a few things I wouldn't be shocked came to pass as a result of this ballot.

Want: 40%

Predictions
Solid Snake: 18.76%
Shantae: 7.65%

Nominations
x5 Slippy Toad

Top Bottom