• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Mother 3 Stage

Chance: 2%
Want: 50%
Mother is a dead franchise. But Iwata had a huge hand in it, and it would be nice to give him a tribute. But we haven't even seen new stage DLC outside of Suzaku Castle, which came with Ryu; the rest was all returning. But New Pork City is Mother 3. But the returning stages we're getting so far are only SSB64.

Lots of arguments can be made for both cases here. Unfortunately, I don't really think we'll get any Mother content beyond Lucas because of the franchise's stagnation. As for want, I really don't care one way or the other.

End of DLC

Chance: 90%
Want: 0%
I assume this means the ballot ends, we get the character or two they create after that by March-ish timeframe, and then that's it.

Unfortunately, this seems all too likely. Sakurai and company can't keep making DLC forever, and I doubt he likes to be making what he already is. He has a vision for the game, and we're going around begging for more all while dissing his little edgy baby. Besides, Iwata was the driving force behind the ballot...

Do I want more DLC? Heck yes! I know a lot of people see DLC as Nintendo being greedy and money-hungry, but I see it as them selling improvements on the game. The best argument I've heard uses Sakurai's own dessert analogy: Smash as is is basically a full meal. Then they're just selling desserts one by one to see if we want more. You don't need to get dessert if you don't like it or are on a diet, but some of us have a real sweet tooth and will get whatever we can get our hands on. I love to expand the game, so I'm all for DLC to keep running until SSB5.
Prediction - Nabbit: 2.1%
Prediction - Gallade: 3.9%

Nom: Tag-team mode x5

The full nominations list is on the first page; I'll update it throughout the day.

D

Deleted member

Mother 3 Stage

Chance: 0%

New Pork City from Brawl could have been bundled with Lucas just like how Suzaku Castle was bundled with Ryu, but it wasn't. Also, most of its music tracks are already featured in Onett.

Want: 70%

No More DLC After Ballot Characters

Chance: 99%

The development team will likely be disbanded after the ballot characters are finished and released.

Predictions:

Nabbit - 2.1%

Gallade - 1.5%

Nomination: NX Port x5

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mother 3 stage
chance 7%
Want: 14%

No Stuff after ballot
Chance want abstain

Nominate Iwata tribute x5

Prediction both 5%

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Mother 3 DLC stage
Chance - 3%
Want - 5%

No more DLC after Ballot Ends
Chance - 95%
Want - 90%

Nabbit - 5%

Gallade - 3%

Nomination - Serperior x 5

D

Deleted member

Mother 3 stage:
Chance:1%
Want:0%
Not much to say here, we could of got New Pork City bundled with Lucas, but that ship has sailed.
As for want,nah.

No more DLC after ballot:Abstain
----------------------------------
Predictions:
Dagit Nabit dammit:4.32%
I think we just ran out of Mario characters to rate.......

Gallade:2.45%
He's not even in goddamn Pokken!.
-----------------------------------

Omn Noms:
Isaac Rerate:X7

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Concept: Mother 3 Stage

Chance: 25%
From the looks of it returning...anything seems to be favoured so far as we recieved 3/4 veterans for DLC and have Dreamland as well as two mroe 64 stages on the way...New Pork City would be the more likely Mother 3 stage as it was decently liked and is easier to make than brand new stage...As for a New stage it is rather unlikely given the Mother franchise coming to a clsoe, we were lucky to get Lucas which was mainly due to his vet status, otherwise we may not have received any content from Mother for DLC, however chances have lowered even further since we Lucas' release had come and gone with no stage to go with his download which could mena they are simply going to move onto other things...

----

I'm completely neutral. On one hand, it may be cool to get New Pork City back, especially since it would work great for 8 Player Smash, and a new stage may be interesting as well...but on the other hand I won't really miss it if it doesn't happen

----

Concept: No DLC After Fighter Ballot

Chance: Abstain
It's a little tough, once again this can be viewed in different ways...Once the ballot ends and characters are then decided upon that could simply be that, once they are finished then everything afterwards is teh end of the game's development cycle, and it is viewed as 'complete'...however...knowing Sakurai he may try to add a little extra at the end of it all, and perhaps throw us a few hidden curveballs...but at the same time his statements about the team not staying together forever mainly implies the former...

I'm going to steer clear of this because such was the case for 10 wait cycle for next smash, I don't think I can accurately rate this concept without looking like a dolt...

----

Want: Abstain
I'm really not sure...it really depends on what we get from teh ballot...we are still not sure if all the popular picks are going to be added or if Sakurai and co will throw in a few less popular picks, either way, we probably won't know unless Sakurai flat out says 'We are done taking characters from the fighter Ballot and are now adding some extras', which I highly doubt...

----

Prediction:
Not Ravio: 4.3%

Not Gardevoir: 2.3%

----

Nomintations:
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage x3
Concept: Iwata Trophy/Tribute x2

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Mother 3 Stage
Chance- 4%
Methinks that this should have already happened if it was going to happen…
However, I'll grant that there is a slight chance that next Smash Direct will reveal a surprise DLC stage dump.. and that New Pork City is among them.
Want- 25%
Never cared for the stage, but it could be good for 8 player and wouldn't really do that much harm.

No DLC After Ballot
Chance- 90%
I don't expect the team to outlast it by much.
Want- Abstain

Nabbit Predictions- 2%
Gallade Predictions- 2%
Nominations:

Porky x5

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Mother 3 Stage
Chance: 25%
Want: 75%
Lucas..nuff said
No DLC After Ballot
Chance: 50%
I can see this going either way cause Sakurai says he can't keep the team together, but at the same time I'm skeptical becausehe has lied directly to his fans before to keep a surprise
Want: 10%
While I want to see more DLC after the ballot, I don't want people slaving away in a development room for the rest of the Smash life cycle
Nominations: TalimX4(Soulseries)
Silver(Sonic)
Question: can someone post the nominations?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Mothet 3 Stage:

Chance: 10%

Possible, but nothing give me a reason to believe that.

I'm okay with this

No DLC After Ballot

Chance and Want : Abstain

Eh....

Predictions:

Nabbit: 6.7%
Gallade: 5%

Nominations:

Micaiah x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Mother 3 stage

Chance: 5%

The chances of a Mother 3 stage are quite slim at this point considering it should've been included when Lucas was released as DLC, similar to how Ryu got a stage with his inclusion. At this point, I don't think it's likely we'll get a new Mother 3 stage. The closest bet to a Mother 3 stage would be New Pork City considering its a veteran stage and would work perfectly for 8-player Smash due to its large size, but even it's return is also questionable considering most of the music on that stage already appears on the Onett stage. Then again, Iwata was heavily involved with Earthbound's production, so it could be a possible option for an in-game tribute coupled with some newly composed music.

This is a hard answer for me. On one hand, I'd be okay if New Pork City was the Mother 3 stage because it is the only "large" stage yet to return in Smash Bros, and it would fit perfectly for 8-player smash. On the other hand, New Pork City wasn't a favorite stage of mine due to that Ultimate Chimera, even if they could remove it for the 8-player mode, and as for a new Mother 3 stage entirely? Well, it's not one of my top picks for a new Smash Bros stage.

No DLC after Smash Ballot

Chance: 90%

With Sakurai stating that his development team not going to stick around forever, I have a feeling that DLC will be finished once all of the characters from the Smash Ballot have been included. Sure there could be the element of surprise, but Sakurai's recent comments seem to suggest such a concept may very likely happen.

This is another hard answer for me to discuss.

Predictions:

Nabbit (Super Mario): 3.15%
Gallade (Pokemon): 3.42%

I already know Gallade's chances are slim. While he is fairly popular (though nowhere in the likes of Charizard and Lucario in terms of popularity and celebrity status), he suffers from the same issues as Pokemon like Gengar, Absol, and Delphox have been rated in the past. That is, he has very minimal support and has plenty of other fairly popular Pokemon he has to compete with, as well as others believing the Pokemon series is already well represented with 6 reps . Many might also see him as another sword-fighter (though he can be unique depending on how you look at him), and many might feel the Psychic-type is already represented with Mewtwo while the Fighting-type is already represented through Lucario (both Lucario and Gallade also debuted in the same generation as well). At least Gallade has the relevancy status going for him thanks to getting a Mega Evolution recently, and he isn't a Poke Ball summon like his female counterpart.

That being said, it's not the chance ratings I am interested in seeing. Rather, I am curious to see what are people's want ratings for Gallade in Smash Bros.

Nominations:

Gardevoir (Pokemon): x5

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4lucas: gets himself a stage:
Chances: 3% If it was going to happen it probably would have shown up on his release like Ryu.
Want: 100% Mother 3 is a excellent gem of a game and could definitely use a stage. And if this means I get my beloved New Pork City back, I'd be beyond ecstatic, I have no clue why I love that course, but I do.

No DLC after Ballot:
Chances: 70% Pretty likely to happen at this point.
Want: 0% Why on Earth I'd want less DLC, I'd never understand.

Predictions: Gallade: 2%
Nabbit: 5%
Nominations: Rerate! Bandana Waddle Dee x 5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'm more confused than ever about "No DLC after ballot", I originally thought it meant "Nintendo announces the first Ballot character(s) then we get nothing" which is what I understood from Captain Hotcakes' definition, but it seems that people here understand it as "No DLC once all characters decided from the ballot get in it" which explains the very high scores. In the first case I would have given a 18% chances and 30% want score, but if it's the second definition, I really don't see the point of rating this because we're not even sure to know which character would have been influenced by the Ballot.

@ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy could we have a clarification about that? Until we get this clarification, I'll abstain in chances and want.

-----

Mother 3 stage chances: 5.5%
With Onett having stolen almost all Mother 3 musics from New Pork City, I have little faith in this happening, and since all paid DLCs had been shared between both versions so far, I doubt New Pork City is really likely due to the fact the 3DS would most likely unable to handle it.

Mother 3 stage want: 45%
New Pork City would admittedly be a great stage for 8-player Smash, but outside of that is meh to fight on. And if we get a brand new Mother 3 stage that isn't New Pork City, I wouldn't be opposed to that, but my lack of connection to this game doesn't make me particularly interested in the idea.

-----

Nabbit prediction: 2.15%
One of the new rising stars of the Mario franchise, but is already a stage hazard.

Random Pokémon #475 prediction: 2.48%
And yeah; that's Gallade's national Pokédex number.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x5

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Mother 3 Stage
Chance: 46%
I've very little connection to Mother 3, so I don't really know any iconic landmarks outside of New Pork City. I see them bringing back New Pork City as the Mother 3 stage.

Want: 80%
It feels somewhat strange to have the music from New Pork City (A somewhat dystopic city) such as Porky's Theme and Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise on the peaceful Onett. I think Lucas deserves to have his home stage brought back.

No DLC after the Ballot -
Chance: 68%
It depends on how many characters are going to be from the Ballot for me. 5? 4? Also, Sakurai and his team are humans - they can't make DLC forever, and I'm sure Sakurai wants to take a break soon.

Want:
Abstain. I'll prepare for the inevitable when they finally close the ballot.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Corrin scored how much lower than Azura? Talk about your discrepancies.

--

Concept: Mother 3 Stage

Stage DLC is definitely a thing now. Even Sakurai's word that they can't make very many might be yet another case of him being defensive when making announcements; perhaps they will be able to crank out quite a few more. Could a Mother 3 stage be in the cards?

This boils down to one thing, mainly: New Pork City. Brawl's obligatory "giant" stage was fun when it came to chaotic free-for-alls, even if it wasn't as well received as Hyrule Temple. With one throwback stage already released and two more in the works, it isn't out of the question that they'd pull from Brawl's stage list at some point...and maybe New Pork City's return would be the result of that.

Outside of that, though? I'd be really surprised if we got a new Mother 3 stage. The game's time in the spotlight is long gone, and Lucas has already returned without one.

Depends entirely on what the stage is and how it plays. If it's competitively viable, it'd help strengthen the increasingly limited number of stages people are willing to play on. If not...I'd be neutral on it.

Concept: No Characters After the Smash Ballot

Chance: Abstain

The concept itself finally got cleared up: the idea that once the characters from the Smash Ballot have been chosen, that'll be the end of DLC. Why am I passing up on rating it? Because I feel like this concept is misguided.

You see, the Smash Ballot has been presented as this huge deal, a means to determine the future of Smash's bonus content. It hasn't been treated as this one-time or one-character thing the way Pokkén handled Gengar. From what I can tell, it was never about sticking the Smash Ballot in as an added bonus while the developers continue to do their own thing. They'll continue to pull from the Ballot.

So on one hand, once they stopped pulling characters from the Ballot, that probably would signal the end of DLC...but not under the circumstances the concept is about. Instead of it being an extra surprise with nothing afterward, I believe the longer they're able to work on DLC, the more characters they will take from a combination of the Smash Ballot and their own judgment.

Could we end up seeing four characters that way? Six? Maybe even eight or more? Hard to say, but this won't be a simple one-and-done.

Nabbit Prediction: 1.87%
A character already relegated to stage element that most could care less about seeing playable.

Gallade Prediction: 1.75%
An interesting idea...with almost no support and without even the prominence of being a starter or legendary to fall back on. To say no less of how much he'll get bashed for being "random" solely for not already having established support...

Nominations: Tiki x5

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Concept: Mother 3 Stage:
Chance: 10%.
Want: 70%.

I feel like we would have gotten New Pork City with Lucas if this was going to happen. Because DLC stages are all (probably) going to be available on both platforms, and New Pork City is a huge stage that likely would cause problems on the 3DS version, I can't see it being DLC.
But I do like this stage.

No DLC Characters After Ballot:
Chance: Abstain%.
Want: Abstain%.

There's no telling how the development of Smash 4's DLC will continue. However, I do know that the Ballot is going to be used as a suggestion for the future of Smash in general, not just 4. So, basically the question is, will Smash 4 stop having DLC? It probably will, but there's always the chance that Smash 4 gets ported and updated in the future and a new game comes out in a decade.

This is way too vague for me to rate, overall.

---
Nominations: Excitebike, x5

Last edited:
Mother 3 stage
Chance: 3%

No DLC after ballot
Chance and Want: Abstain

Gallade prediction: 2%
Nabbit prediction: 2%

Nominations: Agumon 10x

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Mother 3 stage chances %20
sakurai said he wants to bring some stages from older smash titles so :npc: can come back even if some people hated it
wants 100%
more content=better game. :npc: i like this stage in brawl it was fun with ultimate chemira

No DLC after the ballout chances Abstain
wants Abstain

nominations:
Nester x5
Donkey kong jr. x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A stage out of nowhere:
Chance:
10%
Yeah, the New Pork City + Lucas-ship has sailed, but with Hyrule Castle and the gang coming, we could get this one down the line.

Want: 29%

No DLC after ballot:
Chance:
Abstain
I think we'll never know if this happened, since practically everything could've been ballot influenced.
Heck, even Smash 5 can be ballot characters.

How can I want something I don't know ever happened.

The rabbit that's a newcomer in Rio Olympics alongside Diddy Kong and presumably Rosalina: 3.4% (Shame on future you's)
The other one: 4.3%

Excitebiker x5

D

Deleted member

Mother 3 Stage

Chances : 6%
Want : 47%

If there's one thing the dormant Earthbound series can get aside from it's first and second games on the Wii U and Lucas becoming playable, it's a new stage that's not New Pork City. Then again Mother 3 is very unlikely to get a official US release and i think another classic Earthbound level can do better.

No DLC after Ballot

Double Abstain

No thank you. If the Smash 4 game is to keep on going and going i'd like to firmly believe that after the ballot's official stop there'll be atleast a DLC fighter or two afterwards before Smash 5 begins.

Predictions

Nabbit 2.56
This Character has almost no sort of chances other than his recent appearance as a sports competitor. Being a enemy in the NSMBU stage in the Wii U game doesn't help much.

Gallade 7.65
A Pokemon that i was helping get to that day. I firmly believe Gallade will get a okay score

Nominating
Galacta Knight x5

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Mother 3 Stage
Chance:
25%

I don't think it's too likely because the Mother 3 music from New Pork City is on Onett.
Meh, just don't let it be New Pork City.

No DLC After Ballot
Chance:
95%

All good things must come to an end.
...BUT I WANT MORE!!! I'm so sad that we won't get any new stuff in MK8!

Nabbit Prediction: .89%
...He's a stage hazard.
Gallade Prediction: 6.39%
Another Pokemon?

Nominations: Guile's Theme 5x

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Remind me how I won two days in a row.

Already rated, so I'll save these 10 noms for later.

Mother 3 stage\
chance 2%
we didnt get one when the most opportune moment arrived.

want
10%
I pretty much ponly play legal stages and new pork was only good for the music

Double abstaining on the ballot

predictions
nabbit 1.23%
Gallade 4.27%

noms
Iwata tribute 2
next smash has new director 3

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mother 3 Stage

Chance - 0.75% - I'd think they would include any they would have had in a bundle with Lucas. So what is there to sugjest that it might come latter? Not much.

Want - 75% - Hey, it gives New Pork City a reason to exist with 8 player smash, so why not?

No DLC after Ballot Newcomers

Chance - 99.5% - Well, I don't think they'd continue after that... it has to end eventually, and this spot is the best looking on the horizion. After they go through the pre-ballot and ballot, who else are they going to add?

Want - 50% - Eh. Figures it must end at some point, and I have to move on eventually.

Predictions

Nabbit - 0.54% - An unpopular character who's also a stage hazard.

Gallade - 4.25% - Semi-random nomination, I guess.

Nominations
Stage from Newer Kirby Games X5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Mother 3 Stage:

Want: 5%

The only thing that would excite me about its inclusion would be the fact that it's a new stage.

No DLC After Ballot:

Why would I not want more DLC for my favorite game? Keep the support strong because it'll probably be a while until a new Smash comes out.

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt For Ryu x3
Saffron City x2

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Posting it again, but I'm really confused about today's concept "No DLC after the ballot"... from the definition I quoted yesterday I thought it meant that the Ballot's character (or maybe several) would be announced in a Direct or something (all in the same Direct in the case if they announce several) and that this or those character(s) would be the last one(s) we would be getting. I based my 5% prediction on that, as I expected people to reason like "I think we will get more than one Ballot character and that those will not be announced at the same time" or something similar.

Whereas it seems that people are actually reasoning like "Ballot's character(s) will be the final DLCs" or "They'll have to stop eventually"... If we're rating the chances of Smash 4 eventually stopping after the ballot then of course it'll stop someday, there's no point in rating that, unless Smash 4 DLC support somehow lasts indefinitely. If we're rating this concept as "Ballot's character(s) will be the final DLCs", I'm indifferent about that and I would abstain in both chances and want.

Sorry people, I'm just confused about today's concept and I would like to see some elaboration.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Mother 3 Stage:

Chance: 20%
Well, we're getting Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle, so it's got a chance, even if Lucas came without one.

No DLC Post-Ballot:

Chance and Want: Abstain

Predictions for Nabbit: 0% Chance, 48% Want
Predictions for Gallade: 3% Chance, 14% Want

Nominate Isabelle x 5

Geno Boost

Smash Master
You're supposed to give only five nominations if you haven't won extra ones.
??? I was nominating x5 for both of them since the first time I did come to this thread someone told me "you can only nominate 10 times so you can only give half to each of them" wich is why I give 2 characters x5

??? I was nominating x5 for both of them since the first time I did come to this thread someone told me "you can only nominate 10 times so you can only give half to each of them" wich is why I give 2 characters x5
That user who told you that was wrong, you can only nominate 5 times.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Mother 3 Stage

Chance: 100%
Want:100%

Why? Simple
:npc:

No Post Ballot DLC
Want:20%

It's gonna end but I don't know whether it'll end after the Ballot stuff but I doubt it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't want to be that guy, but... what do you think flat-out guarantees that New Pork City is coming? Just asking.
It's not a guarantee but if the concept is a Mother 3 stage, 9/10 it's gonna be New Pork City and last do you know how big that stage is?

Now imagine it with 8-Player Smash, there the stage is much more likable

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Mother 3 Stage

Chance: 30%

Yes Mother 3 music is on Onett, on the Wii U version. The 3DS version more or less has NO Mother 3 music at all on the 3DS version.

Want: 100% I would love a new Mother 3 Stage that's actually good as Fourside or Magicant.

No DLC after Ballot Newcomers

Chance: 85%

Sakurai did say the team has little time before they split.

Want: 50% Although I do want more content, I really think Sakurai needs a break. Especially after what transpired a week ago.

Predictions:

Nabbit: 1.73%

Gallade: 1.48%

Nominations:

Smash 4 NX port x2

Wolf Rerate: x3

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Relax, relax! I've already got the skillet warming on the 7 and I see you kids slamming your silverwares in the protest of "WE WANT CLARIFICATION!"? Welp, my fluffy flaps are already bubbling at this point, soooo...

Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot

Chance - 95%: First order of business, clarifying the interpretive title wording for the sake of accuracy! I present to you, my original nomination (special thanks to @ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice . Really like how you've been keeping me posted!):

Captain Hotcakes said:

By this, I mean that after we get the reveal for the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot character, there will be no more DLC characters after that. Essentially, this can be seen as post-launch support being complete for the game.
Go by this definition and you shall be good. Treat it as if the character(s) from the Fighter Ballot releasing signaling the end of DLC, which thusly means the Smash 4 post-launch dev cycle and dev team. If you want to rerate, feel free to do so.

I think this concept is highly likely to happen. They could take forever introducing characters into the game if they wanted. Sakurai and his team are humans and cannot work on the same project forever and have plenty of ambitions outside of Smash. I can see them using the Ballot as a means to carry out a special request in order to finish off the game. It's almost like they're stooped of ideas and are handing the favor to the fans! I can see Sakurai making a special presentation video and saying that, "This will be the final content update for Super Smash Bros."

Now, the bigger question here is how exactly the Ballot character(s) will be handled. When they are released will mark the "completion" of the game, barring possible balance patches. Will we see one character or multiple? Will there be a rough release schedule across from late 2015 into 2016 or will they all release at once like the recent update? Personally, I would love to see Sakurai throw in 3-4 characters that placed the highest across all major video game regions of the world. North America, Europe, Japan, and an international. Loop up Australia (sorry about surmounting your place, my fellow aussies) with either Japan for whole Pacific representation or Europe for cultural coincidences. Africa under Europe, South America for North America, Middle East, the Indian subcontinent, and the rest of Northeast Asia under Asia.

Want - 99.7%: Honestly, if Sakurai decided to make more content or just end it off with one big bang of a content update. I've come to the conclusion that I'll buy whatever character DLC there is because there's no way around cementing their place in the fandom and competitive scene.

Nonetheless, I'm really just waiting for the time this game gets capstoned any time now. I have an anxiety about this game's roster size already past its inflation point (which means I'd be cool with my above suggestion (& nomination) but it would just confirm what's already suspected.) This game's been out long enough and it still continues to sell well. They'll need to find a point to round off the content eventually before it gets too chaotic to manage. Oh, and the fact that the cost of the total roster is already around $19.88, so the investment's getting pretty staggering. Depending on how they sell each character and how much more we get, it could become the equivalent of a new handheld release!

NOMINATIONS

Ballot Characters by Region x2
Iwata Trophy/Tribute x 1
Mii Fighter Costumes Wave 3 Predictions x1 (let's have some fun!)

Whew, you guy's should probably take a break on the "future of Smash" concepts for a while.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You get 5 nominations to divide however you want. Getting the closest prediction for the next day's topic can win extra nominations on any given day, so there will usually be a few people who have 10.

Let me know what you want to give those 5 to.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Gonna be short since the Lord needs my undivided attention tonight.

Mother 3 DLC stage
Chance - 3%
Want - 5%

No more DLC after Ballot Ends
Chance - 40%
Want - 15%

Nabbit - 2%

Gallade - 2%

Nomination - Excitebiker x5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Mother 3 Stage
Chance: 15%
Like many others have mentioned, the right time to do it would have been alongside the release of Lucas. Though only a couple extra stages were given to us in that update; one of them being a retro stage. Maybe the developers are working on more stages behind the scenes than we realize. I'll give the concept of Mother 3 receiving a stage a rating of 15%.
Really depends on how many stages we might get as DLC...

Want: 65%
I'd rather have a brand new stage based on Mother 3 rather than bringing back the one from Brawl, but any additional stage is welcome in my book.

No DLC After Ballot
Chance: 86%
It's more than likely that the Ballot DLC update and whatever it brings will be the last additional content added to the game. There's a possibility of getting small glitch or balance patches for a bit longer after the Ballot character/s, but as for anything major I doubt it will happen. Sakurai openly stated that he can't keep the team together forever. I'll give this end all be all concept a solid 86% chance of happening.
I'm glad there's still stuff to look forward to at this point in time...

Want: 38%
I guess it really depends on what DLC we have left. I'm sure there will be a part of me wishing for more content like stages and costumes by the time the Ballot DLC is given to us, but at the same time I'm very happy with everything we've been given with even more to come. Sakurai and the team will probably want a break at that point too. I guess I'll have to wait before I really know for sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom