• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Bandanna Dee (The Dee):

Chance:45%
Not only is Bandanna Dee becoming a staple in the franchise but he would be the first spear wielder (assuming Krystal doesn't happen). He's been begged for by numerous fans (Numerous fake leaks included Bandanna Dee). The usual generic character thing has been warn out to death and has been laid to rest numerous times, If Bandanna Dee is a "generic character" I don't see why he return but this is smash. I feel the only thing holding us back is Sakurai's Bias.

Want:100%
Think I take time out of getting ready for school for nothing. He's fresh and possibly one of the only extremely relevant Kirby characters

2 Magolor
2 Medusa
1 Wolf

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee Chance: 25%
He has a decent sized fanbase (although I think it's not as big as some people perceive it to be), so of course that's a plus considering that it's mainly popularity driven. He has relevancy, which is of course a plus, and is definitely the most likely representative for the Kirby franchise. His importance to the Kirby series is kind of overstated though imo. Outside of the big three, Kirby has almost no staple characters, and it shows when the next closest thing is the series equivalent of a Goomba with some unique clothing who has almost no personality. Kirby doesn't need any more representation than it already has.

People say he has a good chance because "Sakurai is biased towards Kirby games", but they leave an important part of that statement out. "Sakurai is biased towards Kirby games he worked on". Look at how much of the Kirby content in Smash is based off of modern Kirby... almost nothing. Bandana Dee is a very recent phenomenon, and I doubt Sakurai is very interested in adding him, unless he gets an obscene amount of votes, which he won't.

Want: 0%
I don't like the idea of having such a generic character for Smash. Most characters I'm just kind of like "Alright, it's cool if we get him, but I'm not rooting for him", but he's one of the few characters I actively don't want in the game. I love the Kirby series, but to me, he's like the Toad of the series. He's important in his games, but is simply not Smash caliber. There are for more deserving Characters to get in, and far more deserving series get more characters.

Predictions: Captain Toad - 30%

Nominations
Rhythm Heaven Character x3
Stage Packs (64, Melee, Brawl) x2

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee
Chance- 32%
Again, too late to the party to say anything new, and I don't see the point in wasting my time writing the same things again or forcing you to read them. Just look at the arguments that have similar scores to mine if you just really want to know what I think.
Want- 50%
I actually like Bandana Dee, but I don't see him as a priority. Yet. I'll probably be a bigger supporter once/if Isaac and K. Rool get in. I don't think having a fourth Kirby character is that bad of a thing, considering Smash series representation has seen far worse unbalances though I'd rather see Adeleine

Captain Toad Prediction- 34%

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I worked pretty hard on this analysis this time, enjoy and read carefully.
Bandanna Dee supporters read carefully too.

Bandanna Dee Chance:
15%
+Ballot (<- I'm just going to use this every time a popular candidate shows up)
Bandanna Dee certainly has become an important staple for the Kirby franchise as of recent, and while you could argue that it benefits his chances greatly, there are two huge flaws he has against his inclusion.

His over-exaggerated uniqueness:
Sure, he might fill in the spear archetype, but it doesn't make him a really unique character. The spear itself is just...

... a spear used in a stylish epic way. Nothing more, nothing less. His commonly suggest Spear Copter and Spear Throw don't give justice that he is a really unique character either, as neither of them really can make for a very unique playstyle.

You could argue that he could use other moves that he's never used, but then it wouldn't be Bandanna Dee, he'd probably just use the spear for all of his moves. It's the same thing Toad supporters use to make Toad a unique character. He's not as unique and promising as he might seem the more you deeper you look, and Sakurai is likely going to see the same problem and toss him away for other potential candidates for DLC.

The other thing being that Sakurai might question why people are voting for Bandanna Dee, he might just see him as the minor character and unnecessary addition he once was before Return to Dreamland made him playable.

I think he has an ok shot for the most part, but I think overall, Sakurai will likely deny his inclusion mainly for his lack of a promising moveset. I don't see his inclusion justified unless I see Bandanna Dee continue to be a major staple to the Kirby series, even then he'll likely still have the same problem for future games to come.

Bandanna Dee Want:
30%
Not mildly interested in his inclusion at all, but I do like the community Bandanna Dee has in his support thread.

Captain Toad Prediction:
32.78%
I think some people will be banking on the "Maybe I'll join the battle someday" as something that hugely benefits his chances.

x5 Jibanyan

Last edited:

PoopFeast420

Smash Cadet
Bandana Dee Chance: Roughly 50% Chance. He's the only character from return to dreamland that isn't playable in Smash, and his appearance as the non-kirby players in Rainbow Curse kinda helps him a bit. But, this also hurts him in a way, as the really only unique qualities to him are his bandana and his spear. While most would love to have him, its arguable that the Spear Moveset would fit an FE rep more.

Bandana Dee Want: 69%: because of him I never really would play as Kirby in Return to Dreamland if I was playing multiplayer. He just felt so damn good.

Nominating Jibanyan again because of his Immense popularity in Japan, and some are even calling him the new Pikachu, but who knows, maybe he's just part of a fad that might die down.

Edit: I'm debating making a thread on Jibanyan, not necessarily a "support thread" but more of a "why this character has a really good chance" thread, but have no idea which area of the forum this would go.

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Bandana Dee:
Chance 20%: Don't think he will get many votes

Want: 90% Because he is no Fire Emblem character

Captain Toad prediction: 45%

Nominates Beast Ganon x5

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Bandana dee

Chance 48%

For one hes the last main kirby character left that has a chance for playable, japan does have a high request for bandana dee, the only problem is king k rool, inkling, wonder-red, captain toad, and aparently ryu from street fighters have a atvantages over bandana for dlc spots

(Oh :roypm: and :wolf: as well.)

Want 100%

The kirby series will be 100% complete if in and also i would love it if he got in.

Predictions

Captain toad 65%-80%

Nominations

Roy (fire emblem)X5

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee
Chance 20%
Another Kirby rep? and no another DK?... sakurai might be biased, but a fourth kirby rep, that's just a goomba with a stick? sorry but there are a lot of characters more important than that

Want: 25%
Sorry, but not my priority...but still, a goomba with a stick is better than another Clone (And I Main 2 Clones, but I understand that this game is for Greater characters)

Captain Toad
Prediction: 30%

Nominations

Rayman 2x
Bub/Bob 2x
Dixie Kong 1x

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Bandana Waddle Dee:

Chance: 25%.
Want: 35%.

Well, he's got a sizable amount of supporters and is becoming a sort of staple in his own series, and...that's really all I can say in favour of him. There are a lot of other characters in the running for the ballot that ideally should have priority over this guy.
I don't really see the appeal myself, so my want rating is slightly decreased.

--------------
Captain Toad: 75%. We're all probably overestimating his chances but I don't care. :)
--------------
Nominations:
Wolf Link & Midna x3
Anna x2

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't even know why people make random excuses like Kirby doesn't "deserve" another character or this character is "generic" because he is a part of a species.

If you don't like the character it's obviously fine, but those "arguments" are just garbage.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bandana Dee Chance: Roughly 50% Chance. He's the only character from return to dreamland that isn't playable in Smash, and his appearance as the non-kirby players in Rainbow Curse kinda helps him a bit. But, this also hurts him in a way, as the really only unique qualities to him are his bandana and his spear. While most would love to have him, its arguable that the Spear Moveset would fit an FE rep more.

Bandana Dee Want: 69%: because of him I never really would play as Kirby in Return to Dreamland if I was playing multiplayer. He just felt so damn good.

Nominating Jibanyan again because of his Immense popularity in Japan, and some are even calling him the new Pikachu, but who knows, maybe he's just part of a fad that might die down.

Edit: I'm debating making a thread on Jibanyan, not necessarily a "support thread" but more of a "why this character has a really good chance" thread, but have no idea which area of the forum this would go.
I plan on making a Jibanyan support thread soon. Perhaps you can do it in the Official Character Discussion Thread or the Smash Democracy thread.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't even know why people make random excuses like Kirby doesn't "deserve" another character or this character is "generic" because he is a part of a species.

If you don't like the character it's obviously fine, but those "arguments" are just garbage.
Well as Ryu coming as dlc proves, we're all mostly just pulling stuff out of our rear ends.

I don't take it all that seriously really, this is more of a "gut feeling" rate than anything else.

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64

Especially when Fire Emblem is probably getting 5 characters, Kirby does not deserve 4???

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Chance: 32%
Want: 5%

Bandanna Dee would basically complete the Kirby squad in terms of relevant, reoccurring characters in the series, however, I'm sure that Sakurai has seen the backlash of him bias due to Dark Pit's inclusion in the game when everyone originally thought Palutena was just fine. I personally don't want Bandanna Dee, mainly for this reason, and I'm sure he'll get a lot of complaints just like Dark Pit, but I know Dee won't be a clone.

This is like my first post here so I'm not sure whats going on ._.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Chance: 32%
Want: 5%

Bandanna Dee would basically complete the Kirby squad in terms of relevant, reoccurring characters in the series, however, I'm sure that Sakurai has seen the backlash of him bias due to Dark Pit's inclusion in the game when everyone originally thought Palutena was just fine. I personally don't want Bandanna Dee, mainly for this reason, and I'm sure he'll get a lot of complaints just like Dark Pit, but I know Dee won't be a clone.

This is like my first post here so I'm not sure whats going on ._.
Sakurai stopped working on the Kirby series after Brawl and it's only ever since that Bandanna Dee started to become an important figure of the series, so I really don't think "Sakurai bias" is a problem here. If anything, people think Sakurai is biased against modern Kirby... sure we did get a new Final Smash for Kirby inspired from modern Kirby and a few trophies, but both new stages, GBA Dream Land and Great Cave Offensive, are inspired from old Kirby.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Banana Dee:

Chance: 30%
There's the argument that he is a generic enemy, which is the major detractor, yet he does have spear moves he can do. If need be, he could probably make use of beam, umbrella, and flare beam, but the predisposition of many will probably put him lower in the ballot. Also I don't think he falls under Sakurai bias because, if you notice, just about everything included derives from Sakurai's game, Kirby Super Star (not Ultra) and before.

Want: 50%
Impartial. Wouldn't care whether or not he's present.

Captain Toad Predict:

Chance: 40%

Want: 45%

Nom: 5x Quote

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bandana Dee:

Chance - 20%
He's one out of the many in the pool of newcomers after the drop-off from the Golden Duo (get it, because one has a gold belly/crown and the other is from Golden Sun??). Basically, all of these guys have the same odds, give or take, because them getting in requires either more than two newcomers being taken from the ballot or one of the Golden Duo being skipped, then that specific newcomer being chosen from the pool of dozens. Basically, the same sort of process for any individual retro/shock character to get drawn from the grab bag of options.

Want - 50%
Ambivalent. Would not mind seeing him, but not before a handful of other series get the characters who are more glaring exclusions.

Captain Toad Prediction: 27.5%

Nominate Shovel Knight x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee:

Chance: 28%

Most important character in the Kirby series not included in Smash, uses a unique weapon in the form of a spear, is a relatively popular choice for Smash and is a fan favorite of Kirby fans (much like :roymelee: is for Smash), recent and appears in prominent roles across the newer Kirby games such as being the 4th playable character in Return to Dreamland alongside :4kirby:,:4metaknight:, and:4dedede:, appears in most Triple Deluxe levels to give healing items for [mini]boss fights, and is the only other playable character besides :4kirby: in Rainbow Curse. Bandana Dee also has lots of cameos alongside or without the "main trio" of Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight in Triple Deluxe, such as being in one of stone's statue with the trio, and being featured in the secret ending's credits playing 3DS with Kirby. The only real arguments (I don't like him/Kirby has too many reps are not arguments, especially since its looking like FE will have 5 reps) against him are that he'll be passed over for more popular choices that may or may not be as relevant in the Smash Ballot, which is also assuming only one fighter is chosen.

Something which may be important to mention is that in the sound files with Roy and Ryu's victory themes, two songs for Kirby (N64 Dreamland and a remixed version) are also planned. It will probably only mean the return of the Dreamland stage in a future patch/DLC, but it could be packaged or announced with a Kirby newcomer.

Bandana Dee is only held back by not being as popular as requests like K. Rool and Isaac, but he trumps those characters in relevancy, while still maintaining unique moveset potential and sizable popularity worldwide. However, the Smash Ballot is mainly a popularity contest, so Bandana Dee does not have too great of a shot as DLC.

Want: 100%
My most wanted newcomer. I love his looks, his roles in Kirby games, how he/the spear ability plays, and Kirby is one of my favorite franchises. I tried not to be too biased, but also present a reasonable argument.

Captain Toad Prediction: 23%

Nominations: Shovel Knight x5

As a side note, I wish I could've come yesterday to predict Bandana Dee and put my 2 cents in on Isaac.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Bandanna Dee:

Chance: 33.73% Has a good chance but probably not going to make it.

Want:25% Not really a fan of him.

Prediction:

Captain Toad: 26.37%

Nominate Ryu(Street Fighter) x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Bandana Dee
Chance: 26%
I was sitting here wondering what I should say about this character, but that's just it. While he's got some stuff to work with for a potential move set, I don't feel that he has enough. Maybe if he plays a prominent roll in a couple more future Kirby games, that would give the development team of Smash 5 something to work with if they want to add another Kirby character. I think that's also a problem though as Kirby seems very fairly represented already, and it's possible that the developers/Sakurai won't feel the need to add another Kirby character. Maybe if inspiration struck Sakurai, he would consider adding Bandana Dee as DLC, but unfortunately I really think that many other potential characters are going to get considered before Bandana Dee. Maybe it's just a gut feeling, but that's just how I feel about this character. I'll give the spear wielder a total of 26%.
If another Kirby character were to be added, no doubt about it; It would be Bandana Dee, but Sakurai might already be content with the amount of Kirby representatives...

Want: 38%
Despite what I said about Bandana Dee not having the greatest move set potential, if he did make it I would be very curious to see what they did with him, and I feel that warrants some desire from me to have him added onto the roster. Go right ahead.

Prediction - Captain Toad: 32.7%

Nominations:
x3 Toon Zelda
x2 Tetra

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bandanna Dee

Chance - 30% - Possible, but highly doubtful. Sure, he's one of the main Kirby characters left, but there's so much bias towards old Kirby games over the newer ones, and I'm not certain he's such a big name to attract enough voters to make him considered. Still, if Kirby is getting another character, he is the clear victor.

Want - 85% - Comes close to being one of my most wanted characters. I'm a big Kirby fan, if my avatar wasn't a big giveaway, and he's the best option. There are other characters that I like more than him, which is the sole reason I'm not going higher.

Captain Toad Prediction - 29.84% - Some will be hesitant to add yet another Mario character after him...

Nominations

Roy (FE) X5

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Bandanna Dee

Chance- 30% - Kirby is one of Nintendo's bigger and recognizable franchises, probably only behind Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Donkey Kong. As such, I think it deserves atleast one more rep. Bandanna Dee is thee only major Kirby character left, so he's an obvious choice. But since Sakurai doesn't seem to acknowledge modern Kirby games at all, i doubt he'll actually get in.

Want -40%- He would be aright, I guess. Just not a huge fan of the Kirby series to begin with.

Captain Toad Predictions -15%- Too many Mario reps

Nominations

Roy (Fire Emblem) X5

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
BDee

chance 40%
trash arguments
rising roles
can use spears, assist stars, krtd items, ktd items, ninja stars, rocket launchers, megaton punch etc. not including waddle dee moves

want100%

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Chances: 6DEE % (it means 60)
I really feel like if they add a new Kirby rep, it HAS to be Bandana Dee. The only thing is... will Sakurai? He did create Bandana Dee, but he wasn't relevant until a non Sakurai made game, so I feel like he has a chance.

Want: 1000%
Bandana Dee has been my most wanted for a long time, and if he gets in, I will cry tears of joy.

Captain Toad chances: 25%
He has his own game, which is a big plus, but there's already a crap ton of Mario (and Fire Emblem) characters, so that lowers his chances a bit.

Nominations:
9-Volt x1
Young Cricket x1
Leon Powalski x1
Endou Mamoru x1
Jibanyan x1

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , can I put my two cents in on something? With all the controversy regarding the supposed leak, any attempt to rate Ryu or Roy will just lead to emotionally charged discussion and probably a lot of the same arguing and hostility that showed up a few times in the old thread. Maybe it'd be best that, if they get enough nominations, to deliberately avoid rating either of them until a week or two from now so everyone can settle down?

You hit the nail on the head. That right there is the biggest obstacle Bandana Dee faces right now.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee:

Chance: 20% only because of Sakurai bias

Want: 0%. Its like asking if I want a Koopa Troopa playable. No.

Bill Nye

Smash Rookie
Bandana Dee
Chance: 35%
He's definitely one of the more popular and deserving characters out there, but Sakurai exists.
Want: 90%
I've wanted him ever since I saw the Return to Dreamland box art, and think he would fit in as a small glass cannon.

Nominations: Ryu x3
Ridley x2

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , can I put my two cents in on something? With all the controversy regarding the supposed leak, any attempt to rate Ryu or Roy will just lead to emotionally charged discussion and probably a lot of the same arguing and hostility that showed up a few times in the old thread. Maybe it'd be best that, if they get enough nominations, to deliberately avoid rating either of them until a week or two from now so everyone can settle down?
I think you make a good point. Shall we leave it up to a vote? I want hear other people's opinions on this.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Saying Kirby doesn't deserve a fourth rep is kinda... :/ It's an important and thriving Nintendo series. Plus Smash 4 shows that any franchise can get more reps even if they don't "deserve" them. *coughFEcough*
The only franchise that NEEDS another rep is DK.

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%
Ah, my favorite underdog. It's clear he's being pushed as the fourth Kirby character since RtDL (appearing in four games in a row from a franchise that frequently ditches characters after one game is a feat) and he'll be an easy pick for a fourth Kirby rep. He's decently popular. A spear user in Smash would be unique, and considering HAL works on Smash they can easily elaborate on the moveset for their own character which is already good. Implementing him in the game would extremely easy.
Now for negatives: Sakurai clearly favors Kirby games that he worked on. This isn't just a problem for Bandana Dee but every other fourth Kirby rep candidate. While it may help that he debuted in Super Star and his species is Sakurai's creation, it may not be enough.
Another thing is there is no reason for him to be Smash 4 DLC. Compared to a lot of other characters, his franchise isn't going anywhere and he doesn't seem to be going anywhere in his franchise. Bandana Dee could easily be saved for Smash 5.

Want: 90%
I want another Kirby rep and he's the most logical choice. He's super cute too.

Captain Toad Prediction: 35%

Nominations: Snake x4 + Inkling x1

D

Deleted member

I think you make a good point. Shall we leave it up to a vote? I want hear other people's opinions on this.
Don't do Ryu and Roy for a while, most of the posts will probably be:
Roy: 100% for both.
Roy's our boy!!!:roypm::roymelee:

Ryu: 100% chance, 0% want
Ugh Street Fighter in my Smash? Get out plz. Nintendo just buy out Megaman already!

EDIT: Not my opinion, just an exaggeration of the feelings from a recent event that may overhype/drain hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Bandana Dee: 50%

He is unique, he would complete the kirby cast at least for now, he is relevant and the perfect way to represent the newer Kirby games. There's Sakurai Bias against newer Kirby so I'm not really sure if he's gonna get in though :ohwell:
At least he is the most likely character in regards to a Kirby newcomer

Want: 100%
He is my most wanted newcomer :smash:

Captain Toad: He is kinda like BD, I don't think we need more Mario but 40%

Shantae x 2
Krystal x 2
Dixie Kong x 1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bandanna Dee:20%

Normally I would say that Bandanna Dee is an underdog DLC candidate. He's is slowly becoming a major character in the Kirby series and I don't imagine him disappearing anytime soon. Plus I can imagine his fan base having large potentials to grow over time and it's not like generic characters have been totally excluded from the roster (if Yoshi is any indication, granted they're not enemies, but I doubt he's meant to represent THE Yoshi). On paper, he doesn't look like he has a lot going against him and he shouldn't... except one thing. Sakurai himself.

Kirby in Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U has been predominantly represented by Sakurai's game, not the later ones. The two new stages are a Kirby Game Boy stage on the 3DS and The Great Cave Offensive on the Wii U with the latter coming from Kirby Super Star. Also most of the new music comes from Sakurai's games. New Kirby games as a whole, despite Smash 3DS & Wii U's focus on recency, got shafted badly and I heavily doubt a lot of DLC from new Kirby games are coming. This problem is also compounded by Bandanna Dee simply not being highly requested enough to make a difference on the poll (unless Sakurai were to look at some of the reasoning behind Bandanna Dee being voted by the fans and takes interest). With Mewtwo, Lucas, and probably Roy and Lucas out of the way, that leaves very few candidates that could get in due to massive fan demand . While I could see King K. Rool, Snake, and to a lesser extent, Isaac (after Roy's near confirmation, I feel we have a real shot of getting two newcomers in due to fan demand) and maayyybbbe a second Konami character (but this is very much stretching it; they probably won't reach this height until a proper Smash 6 and that assumes it even gets made) receiving high amount of vote to receive serious consideration in spite of whatever reservation Sakurai or Nintendo has about them, Bandanna Dee is simply too outclassed in this regards.

He really should be among the more likely additions, but I feel a combination of Sakrurai's bias against newer Kirby games and not being nearly as popular as King K. Rool, Isaac, or Snake is what will keep him from being DLC.

Want: 60%

If Bandanna Dee were to take advantage of his spear, I would be pretty interested in checking him out. Plus I love cute characters as indicated by my mains (:4megaman::4lucas:) and probable secondaries (:4yoshi::4pikachu::4ness::4villager:) so naturally they appeal to me. There are definitely worse choices out there to pick and he'd be the only Kirby newcomer I would accept.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Personally, I don't care, at least in terms of chance.

This isn't some ordinary leak, it's actual data that was found on the 3DS version, PATCHED into the 3DS version no less. Apart from Sakurai trolling us (Which I suppose is a possibility) you can't really question the legitimacy of that. I'm curious for the want scores, but that's something that we should wait before doing.

Top Bottom