• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Leon
Chance: 0% - I can't think of a single reason why he'd be chosen over Wolf and Krystal.
Want: 40%

Star Man
Chance: 0% - Hails from an obscure and long forgotten game
Want: 0%

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
LEON
CHANCE: 1.17%
WANT: 14.19%

STARMAN
CHANCE: 0.48%
WANT: 9.96%
Starman managed to finish within the bottom four in both chance and want, and next two characters probably won't do much better. That's right, we're rating Heihachi of Mii Fighter fame Tekken fame and Omanyte, our most random Pokemon pick to date. Also please predict what score the Monster Hunter and Muddy Mole will get tomorrow.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Omanyte

Of all the Pokemon to rate

You lot come up with Omanyte

I can't

I don't even know how you could make a moveset for that.
B: Rock Blast
Side B: Withdraw
Up B: Hydro Pump
Down B: Shell Smash
Final Smash: Ancient Power
It'd be a great character :troll:

D

Deleted member

Heihachi

Chance: 0%

He was considered by Sakurai, but ended up being relegated to a Mii costume alongside Akira, Jacky, Lloyd, and all those Mega Man characters. He may have been playable in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (unlike a certain duo of Activision characters we rated earlier), but I'm not sure if he's iconic enough to live up to Sakurai's own standards. He also lacks ballot support.

Want: 70%

I'm more of a Virtua Fighter guy than a Tekken guy, but sure.

Omanyte

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

Seriously?

Predictions:

Monster Hunter - 1%

Muddy Mole - 2%

Nominations: Banjo-Kazooie x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Lord Helix must be worshiped

The one who is too worthy to name
Double 100%
Last night, he came to me via a dream, in this dream he showed my a vision, in this vision I was shown a preminision, in this preminision, I was shown a prophet, here this prophet told me that on the 11th month of the 16th year of the 3rd millennium, a pokemon of helix origin will smash his way into our world with a line of tagness "shows its beauty". I believe in this dream, I believe it is true, I believe it is what will be. It is what I want to believe.

The other guy
Double 0%
In this same dream, our lord and savior told me that this other guy, forget him. he is unworthy, he should be fed to the man of Pac.

Predictions
I was told nothing of what must be predicted, so these are just guesses
Monster Hunter 0.8%
Muddy Mole 1.6%

Nominate the fixing of R.O.B.'s eyes. x5

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Heihachi

He was in consideration at one point and for whatever reason got dropped.

One of the Tekken characters I never took to.

Omanyte

Outside of his cult following, what's he have going for him?!

I chose the dome fossil. :140:

Predictions
Monster Hunter: 5.42%
Muddy Mole: 0.55%

Nominate x5 Belome

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
Heihachi:
Chance
- 10%
Want - 40%
Seems rather unlikely, if he was considered and then dropped willingly by Sakurai, then it would seem unlikely that he'd go back without a significant amount of ballot support, which simply isn't apparent. If it was dropped unwillingly however, this could be an opportunity to re-open that can of worms, but I highly doubt it would have been unavoidable, so I doubt in its likelihood of becoming a reality.

Omanyte:
Chance
- 0%
Want - 0%
Really, did someone legitimately nominate this, or was this just nominated for the meme? There are 721 Pokemon that could become fighters, minus the 6 already in the roster, but why Omanyte? Not even Omastar, Omanyte, just why!? I'm all for better Pokemon representation, and this would not be that at all, I'm fond of all the fossil Pokemon, but really, Omanyte for Sm4sh dlc? It deserves every 0% it gets, (for the chances category).

Predictions:
Monster Hunter - 15%
Muddy Mole - 0.9%

Nominations:
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) x 5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Omanyte? lulwot?

Nominations:
Yoshimitsu x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Heihachi

Omanyte

Want: 1%

Predictions: Monster Hunter 1%

Predictions: Muddy Mole 0.5%

Nominations: Olaf X5.

D

Deleted member

Im Abstaining on Heihachi.

Omanyte: Double Zeroes.
Why?

------------------------
Predictions:

Monster Hunter:3.54%
A shot in the dark.

Muddy Mole:1.23%
I remember @ Opossum Opossum talking about him. I wonder if he still wants Muddy.

-------------------------
Noms:
Paper Mario X5

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Heihachi:
Chance: 9%. What he has going for him is that he was briefly considered as a fighter. However, he falls under briefly, as in not seriously planned, and from the sounds of it, was considered next to other unnamed potential Namco newcomers.

Interviewer: Between Bandai and Namco, were there any other strong candidates for inclusion as a fighter?

Sakurai: There were none. We basically thought of all the characters at the start of development. We decided on characters we knew we could make. However, there were a few in consideration, such as Heihachi from “Tekken.”*

Personally, I find his reason for exclusion, too complicated, is abit of an "easy" excuse to not bother with a character who's already been in a 2D fighter before. It sounds more like a concept randomly brought up one day before being quickly dismissed.

I would normally say there's the chance of Sakurai reviving the old concept like he did Villager, however, the way the E3 Smash Presentation worded it, Sakurai feels he's united the 3 biggest fighting games (SF, VF, Tekken) already...with the VF and Tekken Mii costumes. As such, I don't think Heihachi has much of a chance as a dlc fighter unless Namco pushes for another character, or he somehow dominates the ballot, which probably won't happen. Unless he cheats.

Want: 100%.
Not just because Heihachi is boss, but in general I've liked the concepts of characters from other fighting games thanks to how well done Ryu is. They can incorporate the mechanics of Tekken into Smash very well by including Heihachi, who'd be the perfect choice, especially considering he's appeared in two other 2D fighters by now. It'd also be hilarious to see someone playable in Battle Royale included. I can already see him having this as his victory music.

Omanyte:
Zero_portrait.png
Zero_portrait.png

(Double Zeroes)

Nomination:
General Klump x5.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Lord Helix must be worshiped

The one who is too worthy to name
Double 100%
Last night, he came to me via a dream, in this dream he showed my a vision, in this vision I was shown a preminision, in this preminision, I was shown a prophet, here this prophet told me that on the 11th month of the 16th year of the 3rd millennium, a pokemon of helix origin will smash his way into our world with a line of tagness "shows its beauty". I believe in this dream, I believe it is true, I believe it is what will be. It is what I want to believe.
Is this chance rating supposed to be taken seriously enough to be counted in the overall chances score?

Anyway...

-----

Heihachi chances: 0.25%
He was briefly considered by Sakurai, but it didn't go really farther than that. I think Sakurai now judges the Mii costume as being enough.

Heihachi want: 5%
We already have a third-party character with mechanics inspired from traditional fighting games, I don't really think we need another.

-----

OmaNOPE chances: 0%
The only reason why this Pokémon stands out popularity-wise is because of a meme. It's the kind of things that could have gotten some funny acknowledgment in a trophy description or something, but not a playable slot, and I can't think of any single reason why Omanyte would have a shot besides that.

Omanyte want: 0%
I generally don't want Pokémon newcomers and Omanyte is not an exception.

-----

Monster Hunter prediction: 11.19%
One of the most popular series in Japan, but lacks the "timeless" appeal other third-parties have.

Muddy Mole prediction: 1.23%
Another of these obscure "retro" character.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x2
Playable newcomer: Kaptain K. Rool x3

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Heihachi:

Chance: 1%
Want:15%
He was considered and I doubt Sakurai is going to go back on that.

Omanyte:

Chance: 0.1%
Want:3%
Are you serious?

Predictions:

Monster Hunter: 5.28%
Moddy Mole:0.97%

Nominate Additional All Star Battle rounds x5

Heihachi
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Omanyte
Chance and Want: Double Hundreds Zeroes

Monster Hunter: 3%
Muddy Mole: 1%

Nominations: Kaptain K. Rool 5x

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Heihachi

Chance - 5%
Want - 50%

A character demonstrably already considered but also already rejected and no evidence to suggest strong in the ballot.

Omanyte - 0% x2

This thread has a habit of scraping the bottom of the barrel but you've worn a hole all the way through by now.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Have this random Heihachi video that makes no sense.

Ryu already fulfills whatever niche Heihachi would bring, and Heihachi was rejected after consideration. I don't see him having much of a chance.

Omanyte:

D0uble Zer0es.

RTC is getting a habit of nominating memes nowadays, is it?

Predictions:

Monster Hunter: 2%
Muddy Mole: 1%

Nominate: Ridley x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Heihachi
Chance:
5%

Mainly because he was considered and Sakurai could change his mind and add him. Tekken is a pretty popular fighting game series and Heihachi is an iconic Namco character. The addition of Ryu hurts him because he eliminate the niche of a fighting game karate character.
Want: 50%
Actually, when I heard that he was considered, I was pretty interested and I wouldn't mind seeing him in Smash. Still, I rather have other characters.

Omanyte
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

Seriously?

Monster Hunter Prediction: 2.34%
The series is quite popular with Nintendo fans.
Muddy Mole Prediction: 7.15%
I can't say much here.

Nominations: Fourside 5x

Laniv

Smash Lord
Heihachi:

Chance: 2%
Considered by Sakurai and ultimately rejected in favor of Pac-Man. Not looking good for him.

Want: 47%
If only for the fact that he was in that other game.

Omanyte:

...what.

Want: 5%

Predictions for Monster Hunter: 6% Chance, 58% Want
Predictions for Muddy Mole: 11% Chance, 46% Want

Nominate Bubsy x 5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Heihachi

Chance - 0.95% - I think Sakurai's statement could be seen as a way of saying that he was considered but rejected. Unless something happens to make him change his mind, I don't see it.

Want - 0% - Honestly, he doesn't interest me at all.

Omanyte

Chance - 0% - Only memetic among a select few. What reason would he have for being picked?

Want - 0% - Nope. If I were to get a fossil Pokemon, I would like Aerodacyl above all others.

Go extra nominations!

Fountain of Dreams X10

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Abstaining from Heihachi just to do Omanyte.

Let's not kid ourselves. :p

Want: 98%
Omanyte's actually my favorite Fossil Pokemon. Plus, praise Lord Helix. A sort of slow-moving tank that uses whip-like tentacles to attack sounds really awesome.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Heihachi
Chance: 0.4%
Isn't he a Mii Fighter costume? I'll give Tekken's fighter a small score of 0.4%.
I'm pretty sure he's a Mii Fighter costume...

Want: 1%
My Mii Fighter dressed in a Heihachi Mii Fighter costume will do.

Omanyte
Chance: 0.2%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the Pokemon that originated from a Helix Fossil a small rating of only 0.2%.
Well, at least it's a somewhat different kind of Pokemon we're rating today...

Want: 0.8%
Abstain from explanation.

D

Deleted member

Heihachi

Chances : 2

Often found in Playstation-only ports of video games and is Mii Costume

Want : 87

Abstaining on Omanyte

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Heihachi

If Sakurai rejected Heihachi once, then the chances of him changing his mind for DLC is low. Plus, I doubt that there are fans voting for him in the ballot after the costume was revealed anyway.

Want: 85%

Kicking *** and throwing hard knuckles as an old man would be awesome. And that potential Final Smash involving shooting everyone to space with a rocket.

Omanyte

Nope, just nope. No ballot support and that Lord Helix cult won't be enough to save him in the ballot.

Kabutops for the win baby! Screw that spiky demon-mouthed shellfish!

Predictions
Monster Hunter: 5%
Muddy Mole: 0.55%

Nominate x5 Abe Lincoln

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Heihaichi:

Well... Al least he was considered for Smash Bros in some point... Still the Mii Costume makes this even more unlikeable

We looks cool :p

Omanyte:

Chance and Want: 0%

He is an awesome meme... Otherwise I don't find anything interesting about it.

Predictions:

Monster Hunter: 2.3%
Muddy Mole: 1.2%

Nominations:

Idolm@ster Representation x3
Fire Emblem DLC Stage x2

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Heihachi
Chance: .4%
Want: 20%

Omanyte
Chance: 100%
LORD HELIX MUST BE IN SMASH BECAUSE HE CAN DELIVER DIVINE JUDGEMENT UPON ALL THE FILTHY DOME FOSSIL WORSHIPPERS.
Actual Chance: 0%
It was fun for a joke, but no way is it happening
It'd be hilarious

Monster Hunter Prediction: 1.67%
Muddy Mole Prediction: 1.11%

Nominations:
Rerate Jibanyan x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Heihachi :
I doubt it. Especially after the Mii Fighter costume was shown.

I can't say I'm interested.​

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Heihachi

He was considered, but it looks like he just got turned into a Mii outfit. He is iconic enough, not more than Ryu though, and not too fascinatingly different on the surface. I'd rather have a Soul Calibur character if we get a Namco fighting game rep.
Omanyte

Recent memes notwithstanding, Omanyte is like Starman from yesterday - an irrelevant generic in a field of irrelevant generics.
If anything deserved double zeroes, it's this.

Both predictions: 1.0%

Nom: Ivy x5

EDIT: so I found this .gif when I searched for a pokémon 'srsly?' reaction face, and it's more and more perfect the longer I look. I just spent the last four minutes just watching it and laughing.

Last edited:
ITT people who never watched Twitch Plays Pokemon.

Bird Jesus would have been a better nomination

now to make sure i'm not infracted. . .
abstain on heihachi want and triple zero

noms
NPC become playable 5

Praise the Prophet. :136:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Omanot happening: DOUBLE ZEROES

Heihachi's chances: 1%

Considered but turned down. Don't expect Sakurai to change his mind on him that fast, and I doubt there's much demand for him.

Want: 10%

Not that interested, feel Sakurai made the right call here. Not among my very least favorite third party choices though.

Monster Hunter character prediction: 3.29%
Muddy Mole prediction: 2.54%

Nominations: Captain Rainbow x5

I am very quickly running out of things to nominate.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sorry I'm late, I had guests over all night.

Heihachi

Omanyte
Want: 70%

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

D

Deleted member

Monster Hunter

I remember reading somewhere that the Monster Hunter dev team didn't allow Monster Hunter to appear in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Either way, there's little ballot support.

Want: 30%

Muddy Mole

No ballot support.

Want: Abstain

Predictions:

R.O.B. Eye Fix - 2%

Bubsy - 0%

What could possibly go wrong? :troll:

Nominations: Banjo-Kazooie x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Quadruble 0 today

R.O.B. eye bug fix 50%
Bubsy 0%

Nominate Mike (drawn to life) x5

For the uninformed regarding R.O.B.'s eyes.

What is it?
When ever you play as R.O.B. in any mode that isn't in the sub-menu "Games & More", R.O.B.'s eyes won't animate at all, he shows no sign of anything.

This means
-No angry eyes when performing up or down throw
-No sad eyes when he himself is grabbed
-No glitchy eyes when he is hurt
-No occasionally nodding off when standing still
-No closing his eyes when falling asleep
-No facing the screen and blinking when standing still (seen in his classic video)

Why should I care
Because a polished game is a better game, and he has a some cool expressions in this game. And how would you feel if your main had no expressions?

What should I do?
I've been told to politely mention it to Sakurai on Twitter, but I don't have Twitter. If you don't have twitter, the next best thing is probably just spread the word on other sites such as Smashboards and Miiverse.

Why did you nominate this, again?
To spread the word, it may be minor but as a R.O.B. main this annoys me so much, I remember with the release of the 3DS version I thought R.O.B.'s angry eyes was one of the coolest thing, so when I went to try it on the Wii U version, I got nothing. It was such a downgrade, What happened? How did this stupid glitch come to be?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Monster Rancher Hunter

While the series may be one of Capcom's biggest money makers, the director of the series clearly states that he would never want the characters being fighters in any crossover (hence his absence in Marvel vs. Capcom 3). Plus, these guys lack ballot support and we have enough Capcom characters in the roster.

Want: 10%

Love Monster Hunter and all, but I would rather see him appear in a Capcom fighter (even if the creators don;t want him too). And there are plenty of third parties I'd rather have over him/her.

Muddy the Poo Mole

All retros are doomed to fail due to minimal ballot support and not being "fanservice" enough to be DLC. He would work better as a newcomer in Smash 5 anyways.

Want: 68%

Would love to play as a badass mole with bombs and other tricky abilities. And his digging mechanic would be a great way to provide for strategic gameplay.

Predictions:

R.O.B. Eye Fix - 3%

Bubsy - 0%

What could pawssibly go wrong?

Nominations: Abe Lincoln x5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Monster Hunter & Muddy Mole

Predictions
R.O.B. Eye Fix: 4.27%
Bubsy: 0.12%

Nominate x5 Belome