• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Pichu:
Chance: 5%
If only there was room…. There are way to many pokemon competing for a spot.
Want: 2%
Your time is done Pichu, sorry…

Extensive alternate costumes:
Chance: 80%
I can see it happen.
Want: 90%
Who doesn't want more?

Prediction for Count Bleck: 1.88%

Nominations
Pac Man x5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
PICHU

Chance: 6%
I'll be completely honest here. It's not impossible that we see Pichu again. Over the Brawl Pokémon + Mewtwo? No. But Pichu is an easy character to make and Smash is short on joke characters at the moment, so....
Let's say it's possible. Not likely, but possible.

Alright, so it's a useless Pikachu clone that hurts itself whenever it uses electricity. Why on earth would anyone want Pichu back?
Well I'll tell ya why.

Want: 80%
I haven't really gotten this out there very much, but I am one of the few people that like Pichu. Not to the point of supporting his inclusion for Smash 4, because the Big 5 Pokémon characters must be in first. But Pichu is a pretty fun character to play as in Melee, if not for the lone fact that when you win you get to say "Ha, I beat you as Pichu!" So I would not mind Pichu returning. In fact I would be pleasantly surprised.
Given that Pikachu, Jiggs, Pokémon Trainer, Lucario, and Mewtwo are there first. If not we might have a problem.

Oh right, alternate costumes.

Chance: 45%
I don't see EVERYONE getting one, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more.

Want: 100%
Why wouldn't anyone want this?

Count Bleck Prediction: 1.5%
Paper Mario will indefinitely come first.

Nominations: 10 Noms x5 Muddy Mole x5
Then Halberd, then Lyn. Might be a while until I get that. Some more noms may help me speed that up...

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Chrom finally died?
fantastic, let us celebrate over his decease body
anyway
Pichu
2.5%
I only gave him this much mainly because he is a veteran, but in reality his chances are dead
want - 100%
let me explain, see when my family got the gamecube and melee, me and my siblings always played the game nonstop, and after we got all the characters, we all picked our favorites, mine was fox and marth, my sister was Jigglypuff and ice climbers, and my brother's was pichu, he chose no one else after we unlocked him, and ever time we play melee he always uses pichu, and believe it or not, a large majority amount of the time I always lose against him, when brawl came and we saw that he wasn't in it we were sad a bit, but that quickly grew over, even now if he could, my brother always choose pichu over any other character in melee, whether he has a defect or not, and its thanks to my brother that pichu is one of the most memorable characters to me, and i'll love to see him make an comeback.
Alt. coustumes - 50%
i'll give it a fifty-fifty that'll all the characters will get one,
want - 100%
yes,yes,yes,yes,yes, make it happen Nintendo!
count bleck - 0.41%
royally screwed
nominations:
ikeX5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Chrom's want score would have been lowered if I voted that day :p. I would have given him another 0%.

Pichu :pichumelee:
Chance 5% He is a veteran after all.
Want 0% I don't hate him I just don't want him.

Extensive costumes
chance 65% I can see this happening.
want 100% I say bring it.

x5 Funky.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Pichu

Is a clone
Not in Brawl
Not even in the Forbidden 7
Not current in Pokemon
Not loved by Melee players
Competing against many newer, more relevant, more suitable characters

But he's cute I guess.

Pichu chances: 0.05%

Pichu want: 0%
Ugh, I'd feel like we were going backwards.

Extensive costumes

With Wario and WFT, I think there are some others. Sakurai has said he doesn't want to put in alts that look like other characters so much. But there are plenty of good ideas that aren't like that:

Pokemon Trainer, Villager - gender swaps
Samus - any of her alternate suits (Light Suit, Dark Suit, Fusion Suit) represented more faithfully rather than by palette swap
Link - Magic Armor, Skyward Sword starting outfit
Toon Link - Outset outfit
Zelda - Skyward Sword
Mario - Dr. Mario
Luigi - Dr. Luigi, Mr. L
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Peach - technically Daisy violates this, but in Melee her Daisy outfit was more than just a palette swap
Ganondorf - Ocarina of Time vs. Twilight Princess looks

Some others that are less likely would be like Proto Man or Mega Man X, Dark Pit, Ninten, Shadow the Hedgehog, various versions of Snake.

Extensive alternate costumes chances: 40%
I don't think Sakurai is as enamored of the idea. I think some like the Villager gender swap, perhaps the actual outfits (just a change of clothes like Dr. Mario, Outset Link, etc.) might get in. WFT opens the door, but it could still end up fairly limited.

Extensive alt costumes want: 100%
I think it would be a lot of fun.

Nominations:
5x Toad

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Pichu: 5% Chance / 100% Want
Total pipe dream. But I'd love for him to come back. He's one of my secondaries in Melee, and he just generally is awesome. Plus he's the first Pokemon I really ever saw (no one dared to let you touch their Pokemon cards in Kindergarten), and I love Pokemon now because of him.

5x nomz Little Mac

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Most pointless Pokemon ever, next to pretty much every other baby Pokemon.
Chance: 0.5%
He had his chance in the limelight and he failed miserably. Let's try to keep it that way.
Want: 0.01%
He's so CUTE!!!
...and stupid.

Extensive Alternate Costumes
Chance: 50%
I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand, they could realize the potential of characters getting alternate costumes. On the other, it may just be another case of "only this character get an alternate skin because reasons" like with Wario in Brawl.
Want: 80%
As long as they don't change the original character too drastically, I'd be okay with it.

Count Belch...I mean BLECK prediction: 0.93%

Nom: Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon (no trainer) X5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Pichu
Chance 2%
Want 0%

Alternate Costumes
Chance 45%
Want 100%

Count Bleck prediction 2.1%

Nominations
Jimmy T. x3
Muddy Mole x2
I've been really lazy with my explanations lately...

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Pichu
Likelihood: 2%

Want: 5%

Extension of alternate costume
Likelihood: 50%

Want: 90%
it's not quite 100% because I would hate to see the development time used on alternate costumes prevent another character from potentially getting in.

Nominations:
Slippy x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I might be a little late, but damn I didn't expect Chrom to get hit that hard. I expected him to fall to 50% at most. Ouch, but I think it's kind of warranted.

Either way:

Pichu:

Chance: 2% - Sakurai never planned for him to be back in Brawl, he's the only character that wasn't even considered to return from Melee. I think that speaks volumes of his chances. Plus, Game Freak would rather have Dedenne in if any Pikachu clone.

Want: 0% - Get him out of my sight.

Extensive Alternate Costumes:

Chance: 5% - As in Marth -> Lucina kind of Alternate Costume? Yeah, I don't think that's happening. It's one thing to change the gender of an avatar character, it's a whole different deal changing a character to a completely different one.

Want: 0% - Costumes are just costumes, let them stay that way.

Nominations:
So now that both Palutena and Chrom have been kicked down, let's get to the next overrated character:

5x Takamaru :grrr:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Pichu: 1%
Want: 0%
Ext. Alts: 30%
Want: 100%
BLEHEHEHEEHCK: 1.4%
Yarne Owain x5

Groose

Smash Champion
If that doesn't tell you how little influence and how forgettable Pichu was in Melee, I don't know what will. The Melee veterans that people clearly want to come back are Mewtwo and Roy; Dr. Mario would be lucky to be an alt. costume for Mario. With the new generations of Pokemon, it now has hefty competition from Genesect, Zoroark, and a couple of other Pokemon. Also, there is no data for Pichu in Brawl's files; Pichu may have been intentionally cut (or Sakurai tried to preserve Pichu with the supposed Plusle and Minun combo). Overall, there is no hope for Pichu.
I love compilation posts like that one. They're alwas entertaining to read. Of course, I do remember people forgetting about him that day, too.

And that Chrom/Safari joke... you're almost as good at lame humor as I am!

let me explain, see when my family got the gamecube and melee, me and my siblings always played the game nonstop, and after we got all the characters, we all picked our favorites, mine was fox and marth, my sister was Jigglypuff and ice climbers, and my brother's was pichu, he chose no one else after we unlocked him, and ever time we play melee he always uses pichu, and believe it or not, a large majority amount of the time I always lose against him, when brawl came and we saw that he wasn't in it we were sad a bit, but that quickly grew over, even now if he could, my brother always choose pichu over any other character in melee, whether he has a defect or not, and its thanks to my brother that pichu is one of the most memorable characters to me, and i'll love to see him make an comeback.
I love good stories like this one. Makes me feel small.

Wow, off by a single hundredth of a percent... so close to getting even more bonus nominations, and yet so far...
I can't award ten unless you get it dead on. It devalues it and it's a slippery slope. Anyway, you should be satisfied... someone (if memory serves, it was) was only about five hundredths of a percent off the score. Be glad you're not them :p

@ Groose Groose , stop everything you are doing.

You need to play cave story.
It's a distant title on my to-do list. First I have to finish up Dual Destinies and A Link Between Worlds, and I did just get a copy of Miles Edgeworth: Investigations that I want to try out soon. Right now, though, I have no free time other than what I'm using to update Rate Their Chances, and may not have a chance to do other than a hasty check of Animal Crossing for a week or so.

EDIT: I retract my Cranky nomination now that I know he was already rated. Is it too late for me to nominate someone else? If not, then I nominate Dry Bowser x5. (assuming he hasn't already been rated....)
No problem. Technically, you can edit your post until the day ends and I'll update it; in reality, if you sent me a PM or something even afterwards, I'd change things around. This is a game, we run things flexible here :p

Is a clone
Not in Brawl
Not even in the Forbidden 7
Not current in Pokemon
Not loved by Melee players
Competing against many newer, more relevant, more suitable characters

But he's cute I guess.
...Normally, I always enjoy reading your posts for the brilliant reasoning behind your scores, but occasionally you bust out a gem of a joke... and make me bust a gut.

Chrom finally died?
Death is permanant in Fire Emblem, but not in Rate Their Chances. I'm sure he'll find his way back... somehow. Besides, who knows: maybe Ike will be confirmed as an Assist Trophy and all hell will break loose! :ohwell:

Nominations: 10 Noms x5 Muddy Mole x5
Then Halberd, then Lyn. Might be a while until I get that. Some more noms may help me speed that up...
10 Noms is an interesting nomination :rolleyes: But in all seriousness, I am considering it. For the next week or so, it's a definite no, but I may implement it beyond then. However... keep in mind that it wouldn't really do all that much. EVERYONE would have ten nominations, so characters other than the ones you are voting for would also be flying up the charts. In reality, there's little difference other than that stagnant characters would be overtaken easier, and I would have an extra ten minutes of nomination counting per night. If I were to do this, I may have to make a rule saying that you have to use all of your nominations on the same thing so I wouldn't have to add to my workload, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Nominations:
So now that both Palutena and Chrom have been kicked down, let's get to the next overrated character:

5x Takamaru :grrr:
If I didn't want to get a stage nomination done ASAP, I'd be joining you. As you remember, I had Takamaru as my most overrated character back then... but now that I think about it a bit more, Chrom was more overrated than Takamaru was. Meh.

Yarne Owain x5
You have no idea how much I want to join in with you there. However, I want to rate a stage even more, and I think that encouraging such a stupid nomination is more than the manager of the game should be doing, anyway.

Pichu Chance: 10%
Pichu has absolutely nothing going for him... other than being an easy semi-clone and a joke of a choice. That was enough for him once before... and while it didn't work out in Brawl, who's to say history won't repeat itself? I find it quite funny that I rate EVERY SINGLE VETERAN lower than the average on this thread and say that veteran status doesn't mean everything, but then rate the most unlikely veteran higher than the average, citing that veteran status means something. I guess I mean to say this: it means something, but not as much as you may think?

Pichu Want: 5%
How about using the work you put into him to doing something... actually productive? Heck, it'd be easier to toss Paper Mario in than it would be to make this guy, so why even bother with this pathetic clone?

Well... I guess it would give me a good dose of nostalgia, and it would be kinda funny. Still, 5% is probably in the bottom ten want scores I've given in this game.

Extensive Alternate Costumes Chance: 25%
Now, Wii Fit Trainer Male is evidence that this may be happening. Villager Girl probably isn't all that farfetched, and alternate Wario is probable. Outside of that, I don't really see them going for it. Sakurai resisted the idea in both Melee and Brawl, and just about a year ago wrote something saying that it wasn't his focus in this game [or something of the like]. As such, I'd say it's still going to be reserved for special cases.

Extensive Alternate Costume Want: 50%
I'm completely torn. On one hand, it's a fun addition that allows a bit more customization, and opens the door for more characters to be represented. At the same time, however, I'd like them just to focus on making as many solid newcomers as possible, and this would detract from that.

Dr. Mario Stage x5

Bleck Prediction: 0.64%

Do most of you even know who Bleck is? If you do, you'll probably realize he's in the same league as Chancellor Cole, only he came out back around Brawl's release and is a bit more popular.

DAY OVER

FINALLY

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love compilation posts like that one. They're alwas entertaining to read. Of course, I do remember people forgetting about him that day, too.

And that Chrom/Safari joke... you're almost as good at lame humor as I am!
Hahaha! Thanks! I bet I could have found more, but those two were the ones that I remembered the most. :p Now I'm extremely curious as to how Young Link's day will go…

Now I need to be a master of lame puns like Chuggaaconroy!

Groose

Smash Champion
Pichu (Pokemon)
3.30% chance
25.90% want

FACT: Pichu's chances of being in this game are nearly as low as his chances of winning a major Melee tournament. FACT: Pichu is wanted more than Tingle by the voters on this thread. FACT: That's still a pretty low want score.

Extensive Alternate Costumes
38.11% chance
73.51% want

Alternate costumes are something people often demand of Sakurai. You guys want them too, but you're a bit skeptical about their inclusion... they're somewhat unlikely according to the average. Methinks this is something we could find out sooner than later.

As promised, we're rating Count Bleck today. The pretty popular baddie from Super Paper Mario may not have too much in the way of fame or importance, but he does have a fair number of fans. BLECK! Please rate Count Bleck in chance and want. Also up to the plate today is everyone's favorite Star Fox character. Well, everyone's favorite Star Fox character that doesn't give advice about barrel rolls, that is. Please rate Krystal in chance and want today. Can she keep her nearly one-thirds want and stay in the top twenty? Or is she doomed to try a somersault down the rankings?

Tomorrow we'll be rating Daitoryo. For those of you not in the know, Daitoryo is not a video game character. However, he is the character often depicted on the back of Hanafuda Cards. And do you know what Nintendo did back in 1889 when they were first founded? They made Hanafuda Cards. I recommend you check out this guy's support thread here on the boards. And if you didn't know Nintendo was so old, or that they made Hanafuda Cards.. why not watch this educational [and fun] music video?
Anyway, please predict Daitoryo's score in tomorrow's game. Legendofrob1 wins the extra nominations today.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Count Bleck Chance: .67%
Count Bleck Want: 0%
Krystal chance: 20% I think she has a decent chance, but I have doubts about a 4th Starfox character
Krystal Want: 0% I think there are better staff users out there.
Daitouryou prediction: 12.57% This could be really interesting.
Nominations:
x5 Muddy Mole

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hahaha! Thanks! I bet I could have found more, but those two were the ones that I remembered the most. :p Now I'm extremely curious as to how Young Link's day will go…

I'll vote a little later. You can be as good as Chugga if you put your mind into it. Which I guess means coming up with bad puns on purpose.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Count Bleck's chances/want: 0%

Krystal's chances: 5% - Star Fox will likely just have the cast from Brawl. There is a slight chance that one of the two (probably Wolf) won't make the cut...if that happens, Krystal may have a chance, but we also might just get Fox and Falco/Wolf.
Want: 0% - No thanks, I think Star Fox is perfect with what it already has. Plus Krystal one of my least favorite Star Fox characters.

Daitoryo (or however you spell that) prediction: 1.96%

Muddy x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Bleck .1% Chance

We would need Paper Mario first, and we go back and choose a one time(though cool) villain. No thanks.

1% want

Doubt it would be that interesting, but he could be cool.

Krystal 10% Chance

I feel Krystal was vastly overrated during SSBB speculation. Unfortunately, both critically and commercially, any non remake Star Fox since Star For 64 has been a flop. Hence why they add the popular character from Star Fox 64. Star Fox is even represented fine atm, and needs no more reps. Her uniqueness and Brawl popularity are her saving graces, however, her biggest weakness is her low popularity in Japan, and likely having both the popular wolf and veteran falco return.

10% want

I never did like Star Fox Adventures and Command, so her roles in that (Damsel and Love Interest) bored me. Even in Assault I found her rather boring. If any character stood out in that game, it was Wolf. And look who made it to smash bros, the interesting rival instead of the boring British love interest.

Daitoryo prediction 20.4%
Nominating Robin Rerate x5
Cmon guys.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Bleck: 0.1% Chance / 65% Want
Needs Paper Mario first. Then we'll talk. His story is really nice though.

Krystal: 25% Chance / 30% Want
I don't see it happening.

x5 Little Mac

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
count bleck - 0.00001%
hahahahaahha, no, he's impossible, and if you even think he's remotely possible, you have problems
want - 0%
no
krystal - 6.67%
oh krystal, do I have things to say about you, first why don't we hit the top of the list that'll say that you are instantly unique because you wield a staff, certainly that'll show something huh? no it doesn't just because a character, has a weapon doesn't make them immediately unique, and since she is part of the star fox gang, sakurai just might as well see another clone, then there's the females argument, which always hold's no water, just because a character has a different gender shows nothing in terms of how a character would get picked, then there's apparently smash tradition where every game, star fox gets a new character, that doesn't work mainly because one, star fox wasn't dead, and two it could've fit three characters, though not everyone agrees with that, so 4 is mostly out, not entirely, but mostly, and then there's the one which irritates me to no end, one of the star fox trio will get cut so krystal would get in, this is the worst reason for her to even get in, all krystal is, is just a love interest and a 4th member to replace peppy as he is now a guidance, you'll be replacing starfox second most important character and the most popular character, (yes even more than fox) falco and/or the eternal bada** rival to star fox along with an even more popular character, wolf just so you can have a love interest that has different internal organs, great F***en logic there, the only way she'll get in is by getting in on her own rights to get that unlikely 4th spot, and with every day that chance is slowing slipping away
want - 20%
i'm tempted to put an complete zero here for all the S*** this character has been said about replacing wolf/falco, and along with the fans on other sites have attacked wolf and falco, but luckily her fans/supporters here are more friendly and nicer than the other ones, enough to relieve some of the hate, still dislike her though
Daitoryo - 7.18%
another unpredictable one
nominations:
Ikex5

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Count Bleck - 0%
Not really much to say here: he's a one-off Paper Mario villain, and given Paper Mario is already a stretch for SSB4 and villains have never come before protagonists, Count Bleck is pretty much impossible.
Want - 0% - No thank you.

Krystal - 15%
Krystal is certainly popular, and Star Fox in Smash desperately needs the variety she would bring. She could make a ton of sense as a Rosalina-style inclusion. Unfortunately, Star Fox is also a franchise that has three characters despite not seeing a brand new game since 2006's Command, which makes the prospect a fourth inclusion very shaky from the get-go, and she's unlikely to replace any of the three already in. I'm giving her a small increase in rate from my first rating way back on day 13 since she compares well to Rosalina, but I don't have high hopes for her inclusion.
Want - 75% - She ought to be much more unique than Falco and Wolf, plus I'll admit to being a fan of her back in the day.

Daitoryo Prediction - 9%
This is going to be a weird one.

Nominations
Sheik x5

D

Deleted member

Pichu did better than I expected in both terms of chance and want… huh…
Count Bleck and Krystal have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Krystal before, look at your post to see what score that you have given her!

Now if you'll excuse me, but I will rate Count Bleck in 3rd person.
Count Bleck
Chance:
0%

Count Bleck is seriously being rated, asked Brawler610? Brawler610 thinks that this is such foolishness! Count Bleck stands no chance at all, exclaimed Brawler610! Count Bleck was only featured in one game, Super Paper Mario
and he wasn't even the main villain in that game
. He may be popular, but Brawler610 questions why should Count Bleck be added on the roster? The answer is very simple as to why he shouldn't, said Brawler610. It's because if there was a 6th Mario character, it would definitely be Bowser Jr.! He has more demand, more popularity, more prominence, and he was in Paper Mario: Sticker Star! The battle for a probably 6th Mario slot is now going to be Bowser Jr. or bust, thanks to Rosalina. Even if Paper Mario was the 6th Mario character, Count Bleck has no hope as he is a one-off villain! Count Bleck… he will be forgotten.
Brawler610 loves Super Paper Mario and Brawler610 recommends that you play the game yourself! The gameplay is good as is the story; it's very dark for a Mario game. But, that doesn't mean that Brawler610 wants him. Brawler610 would be confused and angry if he got in, especially over Bowser Jr., a newcomer that Brawler610 wants! Brawler610 is already furious with Rosalina, so you can't imagine the rage and hatred Brawler610 would have if Count Bleck was added!

Now I will rate Krystal normally.
Krystal
Chance:
5%

Her time is up. She was popular back in the Brawl days I believe. She had high popularity and fan demand, but I think that has dwindled over time as most of her supporters are now going towards Palutena. Not only that, but I think that there is a sense of completion from the Star Fox series. We have Fox (the hero), Falco (the sidekick), and Wolf (the rival), I think that they perfectly represent Star Fox without Krystal. She's the love interest who only exists now because of Rare. She also has quite the hate base, doesn't she? Star Fox fans hate her for pretty much being the face of Star Fox's downfall. From the looks of it, Krystal doesn't have too much in her favor. Her only appearance on the Wii was Brawl; newcomers won't experience seeing her on the Wii's Virtual Console with Star Fox 64 and Star Fox 64 3D is a remake of a game that doesn't feature her at all. In terms of Japanese popularity, where it matters a lot, it has also fallen. From being one of most wanted (I have limited pre-Brawl knowledge, Wolf managed to edge her out, right?) to now being on par with Slippy and Leon, things don't look too good for her. However, I won't give her an absolute zero as there are two small things that can work in her favor. One is the fact that she can be easily cloneable and thus can be used to pad out the roster. Then there is the benefit of having a new Star Fox character every game. Though, I think that tradition will end.
Overall, Krystal has no hope in my eyes. The last two things I've mentioned are what she is holding on to. If it wasn't for those two things, then she has no chance. Cutting Falco or Wolf for her would be an awful idea in my opinion as they represent Star Fox far better than Krystal could.
Personally, I think that her hatred among the fanbase is rather fair. Look at what happened with Star Fox Command. One of the plot points was Fox's and Krystal's relationship… and the endings were some awful fanfiction. Seeing Krystal in the game would be utterly disappointing.
Oh wait! Moveset potential! Her staff! I mentioned that she is easily cloneable. I definitely think that Sakurai is going to look over that one key thing about Krystal and give her the good old Blaster, Illusion, Fire, Reflector, and Landmaster moveset. I'm fine with Fox, Falco, and Wolf, but if Krystal joins the battle with those moves, I would be highly disappointed as a character with far more potential could have gotten in.

Daitoryo Prediction: 5.03%
Some people will rate him high…

Nominations: Bomberman 5x

EDIT: @ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker , music for Count Bleck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Aww yes extra noms. Love it when I get them.

Count blek 0.1%
Want: 20% blehhehheh. Or something.

Krystal: 10%

Daityoto: 5.6%

Noms:
Stork x4
Grovyle x4

Yoshi rep x1
Wario rep x1
Indie game rep x0 come on gimme one more plz

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
I can't award ten unless you get it dead on. It devalues it and it's a slippery slope. Anyway, you should be satisfied... someone (if memory serves, it was) was only about five hundredths of a percent off the score. Be glad you're not them :p
I'm more surprised I even got that close! I typically just give off a semi-random number that makes some sort of sense at this point. I never expect to win any nominations at all, so I'm not complaining.

Count Bleck

Chance - 0% - I consider it an impossibility to even consider another character until the Main Charater is in. Mario may be in, but I don't think that's going to cut it. Call me when Paper Mario comes in, then I'll talk.

Want - 40% - Don't care, rather wasteful of a spot. Next!

Krystal

Chance - 20% - Wow, we're re-rating a character from the SSBF days.... anyways, if we get a Star Fox character, she's the obvious choice. I have heavy doubts on her, though, as many agree that Star Fox is saturated as-is and won't need another. There are also other characters that seem to nibble at her chances. Her appearing would unexpected, but not shocking. Overall, I'm keeping my old thoughts on her.

Want - 37% - Really against cuts, and think that Star Fox has enough characters. Mellowed out a bit on her appearing, though I still think others should go first.

Daitoryo Prediction - 0.85% - You do realize that essentially they'd have to make a character for his inclusion, right?

Nominations
Scrooge McDuck X5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Count's Day on Rate Their Chance has finally arrived...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5xKu43Kru0

Count Bleck - 1.02%

The Count had his best chance for a playable role in at least one Smash game was during Brawl't time, but even then, it was an incredibly slim chance, Paper Mario had a significantly better chance, and he too, did not make in.

Count Bleck, sadly, in my opinion at least, had only one true appearance in the Mario series, in Super Paper Mario's main antagonist.

Bleck's best chance now is an Assist Trophy, which again, is unfortunately small. The only thing he really has going for him in his fanbase, most of which doesn't really seem to support him now. Even if most of them did, it most certainly wouldn't truly increase his chance as a playable character.

"Though my fanbase is strong, my chance is slim. I fear I shall never get a playable role in Smash. No sir." Said Count Bleck.

Want - 86%

Well, I had a decent-sized post ready to explain why, but the spoilers didn't work for some reason. So let me just say I loved Bleck's character and Super Paper Mario's storyline, and I think Bleck has some pretty darn big potential after seeing his boss fight.

Now onto Krystal:

Krystal - 38%

To be perfectly honest, I don't know much about the Starfox franchise, so I'm just taking a wild guess here. From what I know, she isn't very likely, especially when compared to characters like Little Mac and Mewtwo, but she certainly isn't one of those near-impossible characters either. It really all depends on whether Sakurai thinks the Starfox franchise is complete and if he thinks it wouldn't hurt to add another Starfox character.

Want - 63%

I would certainly be happy her inclusion, perhaps not as much as some other characters. But I'd be very upset if she replaced Wolf or Falco, and in the either case, I'd begin to worry about other characters a bit more, as it seems like a terrible decision, one that Sakurai would be very unlikely to make.

Daitoryo Prediction - 2.11

x5 Dry Bowser.

EDIT: So the spoilers didn't work. No clue why, they were typed properly and everything. Glitchboards I guess :p

Also, some of the paragraphs aren't using the normal font for some reason... I guess I have no real need to try and fix them though.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
WHEW. The results section has been updated. I am pleased to announce that Chrom's fall from grace has allowed a new entrant into the RTC Top Ten Most Likely: Isaac. Welcome to the club, Isaac!

I love Chuggaaconroy, but the Youtuber I will always associate bad puns with is the Jwittz. Because... he has to make like three of them in a video or it isn't a Jwittz video.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Count Bleck
Chances: 2% - I definitely don't think he's a 0, but his chances are definitely incredibly low. If Sakurai wants Paper Mario to be represented by a character, but doesn't want a second Mario and feels like the Mario Universe needs a second villain, then Count Bleck could be his choice. Obviously, that's a very twisted line of thoughts, so his chances are minuscule.

Want: 30% - He's a very well-developed character but if the Paper Mario Universe was to be represented by a one-time character, I'd rather see someone from TTYD.

Krystal
Chances 10% - Honestly, as much as I was rooting for Wolf pre-Brawl, I kind of let myself convinced that Krystal was very likely. This time, I really don't see it at all. Star Fox has already three reps and the only new game released since Brawl was a remake of a game that didn't feature Krystal. Some say that Krystal could replace Wolf, but I personally believe that Sakurai won't put much work into the SF characters and we'll get the same three space animals with very little change.

Want: 10% - Could be cool, but I really think that Star Fox is complete as it is...

Daitoryo Prediction: 2.43%

Nominations: Robin x 5

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Count Bleck

Chances: 1%: He gets 1% solely for being a Nintendo character. I really doubt that a one-off villain from a spin-off will be playable. Even more so when Paper Mario isn't even playable yet. Not to say I dislike the character. Just that Smash doesn't really have a need for him. At all.

Want: 50%: I'm indifferent towards this guy.

Krystal

Chances: 50%: If we are taking popularity into account, yeah she might get in due to the demand during the Brawl days. Other than that, she doesn't have all that much going for her. Starfox already has three popular characters in its roster. And each deserve their spot more than she would, based on credentials alone. Though other than that, she doesn't have any major deterrents towards her inclusion either.

Want: 65% She'd be an interesting character if she does get to be playable. What with the staff and all. Not a fan of hers though. But I can see a unique character when I see one.

Nominations: Takamaru x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Count Bleck: 0%
Bleah. Not before Paper Mario gets in.

Want: 0.25%
Bleeaaarrrrgh. I want Paper Mario more anyway.

Jem Krystal: 2%
Starfox has too many reps at the moment as it is.

Want: 5%
The 5% of want is for the possibility of her having the Landmaster as her Final Smash. I'd love to see everyone's reaction if that happens.

Daitoryou prediction: 0.89%

Nominate:
No Namco reps x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Count Bleck:

Chance: 0%
I don't give these often, but he's a one time villain, Paper Mario would have to get in before him, and a Mario character isn't likely.
Not to mention he's not even the real baddie.

Want: 3%
I'd much rather have
Dimentio included. He's the final boss and he's a jester. I love it.

Krystal:

Not happening with three Star Fox characters already in. It was Brawl or nothing for her.

I do not like her. I don't know why, but I do not like her.

Daitoryo Prediction: 14.3%

Groose, I'll be sending you a good description of what Daitoryo actually is via conversation, because he's not on the back of anything.

Noms: It's so weird not having Daitoryo to vote for anymore...I guess...

Robin x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Count Bleck
Chance: 0% - He will not get in ahead of Paper Mario or several other one time bosses.
Want: 4% - He had an interesting backstory, that was about the only thing good about him.

Krystal
Chance: 7% - I just can't see Smash having four Starfox characters, nor can I see Sakurai cutting one Starfox character for another of equal irrelevance.
Want: 44% - She'd probably have a more unique moveset than the LandMaster triplets.

Daitoryo prediction: 1.1%

I've made up my mind that I'm only going to nominate stages from now on. All the characters that I wanted in Smash have already been rated and we seriously need someone giving stages some love. So consider me the "Stage-Guy". :)

Dr. Mario stage x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
count bleck: 0.09%
Want: 0.00% I don't even want Paper Mario to get in.

Krystal: 10%
Want: 0% YOU MADE ME USE IT TWICE :(

Daitoryo: 0.23%

x5 Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Count Bleck - 0%
Krystal - 7%

predict - 0.10%

Black Mage x5

There's three or four more characters I'm going to push for, then switch to stages.

Suggestions for stages: Bowser's Castle, Gangplank Galleon, Tourian, Pokemon Stadium 3, Duck Hunt stage, Rhythm Heaven stage, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario "Stage", Elemental Lighthouse, Smashfloats, N's Castle, Lylat Cruise, Nintendo Land

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
The Great Count Bleck!
Chance: 0.01%
A one shot villain from a spin-off series getting in before the main character of said spin-off series? Ha ha ha, no.
Want: 1%
Count Bleck is probably my second favorite Mario villain yet (next to Bowser), but I don't want to see him in Smash. Mite b cool, but I'd rather see Paper Mario in first.

Bloody Furbait Krystal
Oh, how hath the mighty have fallen. Before, Krystal seemed like one of the most likely Star Fox characters to be in the game next to Wolf. Now that Wolf is in, Krystal just seemed like a lost cause. Many people gave up on her and her staff and moved on to other staff wielding characters like Palutena. Not all hope is lost, but her chances are definitely in the dumps right now.
We already have the Space Animals, Lucario, and potentially Mewtwo. SMASH DOESN'T NEED ANY MORE GOD DAMN FURRIES!

Children's card game character prediction: 2.49%
Pulling a number out of my ass right now.

Nom: Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon (no trainer) X5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Count Bleck:
Chances: 0.001%
Needs Paper Mario before he's even considered, but virtually no chance.
Count Bleck? More like Count Bleh!

Krystal
Chances: 25%
Krystal is someone whose chances are lowered by the way we look at things. In theory, she actually has a higher chance than most one off Nintendo characters, who in actuality have very little chance. But what stands in her way is very clear to everyone.
Want: 75%
Krystal is a character who gets a bad rep for her fanbase. But I dont think fanbases should ever dictate how you feel about a character. She's unfortunately been maligned by internet rule 34. But so has every other character we rate.

Daitoryo: There's actually a really good explanation for picking a character like this, but smashboards hasnt heard it yet: 0.38%

Micaiah x 5

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Count Bleck
Chance: 0.01%
Want: 10%
All I have to say about this is....... wait for it......
...BLECK!
Krystal
Chance: 20%
Want: 40%
I liked Adventures when it came out, and she was a large part of that game. That being said, there is no reason why StarFox should get 4 slots. it doesn't make sense, but if any character makes it in from that series, she seems to be the likely candidate, as the general pattern goes Protagonist, then Sidekick/Secondary Protagonist, then Villain, then Female/Femme Fatale/Love interest.

Daitoryo: 1.9% (shot in the dark)

Nominations:
DLC Characters x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom