• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
oh, well, I'm trying to justify him as much as I can, I really like him.

and Pac-Man is not a reasonable reason to not like him at all. just sayin'.
Eh, when it comes to Smash, I don't want any more third parties besides Pac-Man. It has a bit to do with my want for Pac-Man and my preference for Nintendo's first party games. My main reason for disliking him is actually more to do with that if I'm honest. Doesn't feel like enough of an all star (which is a necessity for third parties).

I did have to think about why I don't like him, though.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Quote:

Chance: 0%
Not happening.
Want: 5%
Never thought about it. Don't really want him.

Chrom:

Chance: 90%

He's the only realistic choice for a FE rep.
Want: 36%
Gimme Robin or Tharja.

Pichu Prediction: 2.4%
No thank you.

Nominations: Victini Revote x5

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Chance: 0.2%
Very low chance due to him being an indie character, and I'm pretty sure Sakurai doesn't care at all about that part of the industry. Though Cave Story is pretty tight with Nintendo despite debuting on PC.
Want: 80%
Cave Story was a fantastic game, and Quote was definitely a cool character despite being a blank slate (maybe because he's a robot idk). He'd have a totally unique playstyle involving his all of the different weapons he gets. And then I see people comparing him to Megaman and I'm just like whaaaa? The only things they have in common are that they are both robot and jump'n shootan robots. But that's it, really. I also like the concept of having his weapons level up that was stated earlier.

Everythings Chrom in the future!
You know what, I'm not going to rate this guy. That's a whole 'nother mess that I don't want to get involved with.

Pi "Worse Than Brawl Ganondorf" chu prediction: 1.48%
hahahahahahahaha no

Nominations: Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon (no trainer) X5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Likelihood: 1%

Chrom
Likelihood: 70%
After seeing arena Ferox as a stage I feel certain that we're getting an Awakening character and I still think Chrom is the most likely as he is the leader and canonically the one meant to deal the final blow.

Want: 75%
I would be happy with anyone from Awakening, although, I would rather see Robin or Lucina mix up the roster with a little more variety.

Pichu
Prediction: 2.5%

Nominations:
Slippy x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Quote likelihood: 0%
Want: 50%

Chrom Likelihood: 60%

Pichu: 1.65%

Wrestler x5

Groose

Smash Champion
GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE! Ryu still sits at 99 nominations and should be at 114. (I'm not genuinely upset, just another reminder so my three days of nominations weren't wasted. Thank you for all of your hard work on this time-consuming game of discussion).
Erm. *AHEM* The day I fixed it was the day many of the nominations got eaten. I'll quick edit that for you, eh?

Quote Chance: 10%
Quote is the King of All Indies. Being indie, however, is his bane... or perhaps his saving grace? Because he is an indie, he just can't compete with the fame and recurrence of Pac-Man, Rayman, Professor Layton, Bomberman and Slime. Because he is an indie, he is not "legendary." However... I could see Nintendo include him on the grounds that his is indie. You know, attract indie support to the system by making one of them a Smash character? It's a longshot, especially with the shortage of slots available... but if they do decide to do something like this, Quote is pretty much the run-away choice. Also, being indie gives him one advantage: Nintendo definitely wouldn't have to drop much money to get him on board; the promotion and prestige alone would pretty much guarantee that his owners would die for this opportunity.

I realize that I'm quite a bit higher than you... but I could see this move pulled.

Quote Want: 50%

Supposedly, he has an arsenal that rivals the likes of Link, Mega Man and Samus. GREAT! He sounds like he'd be fun and easily pull in a bunch of great aspects from his series. Still, though, I've never played Cave Story, so I can't give him anything higher than a 50%.

Determining the amount of Fire Emblem characters in this game:
1) It's a B/C-list series.
It's not A-List like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros. or Wii. It's not in the Upper B-List with Kirby and DK... however, I'd rank it in the same echelon as Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero. In other words, it certainly doesn't deserve the 4/5 characters of the A-List, the 3/4 characters of the Upper B-List... it's somewhere in the 2/3 character ballpark. Now that we've settled that, let's see if it deserves two or three characters.

2) Character matters in the franchise. You know that whole "death is permanent thing? Well, it makes players grow attatched to the characters. This would suggest that the series deserves three characters.

3) Characters are not recurring in the franchise. There are exceptions, but characters generally don't star in more than a game or two... meaning there is an abundance of characters who aren't all that important to the series. This would suggest the franchise deserves two characters.

4) The franchise is on a high right now. Awakening pretty much saved the series, and even made it pretty popular in the west. The series is probably at its highest point since first seeing characters get into Smash Bros. and first getting its Western release. This suggests that the franchise deserves three characters.

5) Characters in the franchise are not so unique. They can do different things than wield swords, but that is their bread and butter--or rather, the bread and butter of the main characters. Wielding lances or spears is a bit different, but the main characters are still usually depicted with swords. Robin is a notable exception. This suggests that only two characters can be sustained.

Overall, I get a sense that there will be about 2.5 characters, or 250% of a Fire Emblem character appearing.
Take out the confirmed Marth, and you are left with 150%. The frontrunner, Ike, is probable to return (though, in my mind, nowhere near as likely as some see it); he gets 60%. That leaves 90%. Roy, a popular character who was removed, snags 20% of that. That leaves 70% to be divided among Awakening characters--while an Awakening character is quite likely (moreso than Ike, in my mind!), there exists serious competition for who that Awakening character would be.

Chrom: 25% chance
Chrom suffers from one thing: lack of uniqueness. He wields the same blade as Marth! I think. And when it comes down to it, characters are chosen not based on how to best represent something, but what they could bring to the table. Chrom brings his popularity (there is a lot of it among more casual fans who just discovered Fire Emblem) and recognition. He is still the frontrunner for a Fire Emblem character, but not by much at all. Lucina also can't bring much; she snags 12.5% based purely on her name and popularity alone, which is about half of Chrom's. Robin, the unique single-character choice, gets a 17.5% chance. A Chromcina tag-team gets a 15% chance; its unique, incorporates two popular requests, and references the game in a cool way. Yarne+Owain tag team gets a 0% chance because I doubt the developers ever even considered either character in the pair, let alone as a tag-team.

Groose has spoken. From now on, when we do Fire Emblem characters, I'm just using the numbers from here.

Chrom Want: 0%
I'm getting tired of Fire Emblem swordsman. Marth? Cool! Ike? Meh. More? Ugh. Chrom could use his lance, but that's not what he's known for an I doubt he would. Besides, I don't think a single moveset can capture the essence of Fire Emblem... it's about tactics, something that isn't easily translated to Smash. I wouldn't really want Chrom, at all. Sorry.

Dr. Mario Stage x5

Pichu Prediction: 2.45%
Anyone remember the good 'ol days of Pichu in Smash? No? Good!

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Quote (Cave Story)
.96% chance
22.17% want

You guys made it quite clear: indie characters have no place in Smash. Quote barely beat out Knuckles, and that's including my outlier of a grade. Quote: "Quote will not be in Smash Bros." End Quote.

Chrom (Fire Emblem)
44.56% chance (previously 69.65%)
31.46% want (previously 57.27%)

Takamaru? Welcome to the Top-Five Newcomers club. Chrom? Have fun going from fifth to out of the top twelve. Oh, and by the way: nobody likes you anymore. Have a nice day.

Today we're rating... Pichu. Yeah. No introduction necessary, right? Please rate Pichu in chance and want. We're also rating the probability of "Extensive Alternate Costumes." Now, we all may have different definitions of "extensive." I personally take it to mean at least a half a dozen alternate costumes or so, but feel free to use your own definition of the word extensive. Please rate "Extensive Alternate Costumes" in chance and want.

Tomorrow we're rating... Count Bleck! BLECK! Please predict how Count Bleck will fare in tomorrow's game. The extra noms today go to... Sid-Cada, who was a mere hundreth of a percent off of his actual score.

I'm terribly sorry about the results section. I've been very busy this week; I'll try to update it within the next few days. Honestly, I was planning on doing it tonight, but then stupid Chrom had to eat up all of my time.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
The fall of Chrom is really quite delicious.

Pichu: Chance 4% - The only thing it has going for it is its veteran status. However, the Pokemon series has such tense competition that it would literally take a giant cast in order for Pichu to be in this game.

Want: 9% - He was never a good addition to this series, but at least he was fun to play as when you wanted to give your little brother a chance.

Count Bleck 1.4%

Robin x5

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Chrom's sword wasn't long enough.

Pichu

Chance: ....I'll be nice and say 5%
Want: Eh. Pikachu all the way. 0%

Count Bleck

Want: 3% Who?

Robin X 5

D

Deleted member

LOL Poor Chrom. Sorry that I prefer Safari. Yeah that joke was lame.

Pichu and Extensive Alternate Costumes have been added to the Directory.

Pichu
Chance:
0%

I wanna show you two comments that I vividly remembered on Genesect's day and Meowth's day along with my replies:
considering Gen II and Gen III still don't have reps, who's to say Gen V will get one either?
Gen II DID get a rep... in Melee. :pichumelee:
The chances of a Pokémon newcomer is extremely small since all 5 veterans are relevant and popular enough to bring back.
You mean 6 veterans? :pichumelee:
(in all seriousness though, Pichu has almost no chance of returning)
If that doesn't tell you how little influence and how forgettable Pichu was in Melee, I don't know what will. The Melee veterans that people clearly want to come back are Mewtwo and Roy; Dr. Mario would be lucky to be an alt. costume for Mario. With the new generations of Pokemon, it now has hefty competition from Genesect, Zoroark, and a couple of other Pokemon. Also, there is no data for Pichu in Brawl's files; Pichu may have been intentionally cut (or Sakurai tried to preserve Pichu with the supposed Plusle and Minun combo). Overall, there is no hope for Pichu.
Want: 0%
Pikachu and Raichu are my favorite Pokemon, but that doesn't mean that I want Pichu… especially when I hated its gameplay in Melee. The fact that it hurt itself wasn't a cool gimmick at all… (it even gained damage from Agility of all things and that move doesn't cause any damage in the Pokemon games)

Extensive Alternate Costumes
Chance: 10%

I can't see a ton of characters get alternate costumes. We have the Wii Fit Trainers and Wario with his outfits already, but I can't find too many other characters that would have costumes. The most logical one to me would be to give Mario a Dr. Mario costume, have the Villager have different genders like the WFT, and maybe give Bowser a Dry Bowser costume. I can't see Sakurai give Luigi a Mr. L costume or anything like that. However, giving characters alternate costumes is definitely not impossible; if Project M can give characters alternate costumes, I'm sure Sakurai can.
Want: 70%
Not one of my most wanted things to have in SSB4. But, I want to see a Dr. Mario alternate costume. My mind would be blowing with happiness and nostalgia if Mario got a Dr. Mario alternate costume.

Count Bleck Prediction: .12%
BLEH HEH HEH HEH HEH! BLECK! We are rating this Mario character, asked Brawler610? No matter, he will be decimated and will tie with Chancellor Cole and Banjo for the least likely character, exclaimed Brawler610!

Nominations: Bomberman 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Pichu
I firmly believe that the only characters that were removed intentionally after Melee were YL and Pichu. YL was replaced by TL, and Pichu was useless.

Chance: 20%
Want:75%
There are a few costumes I would really like to see, and the only chance they will be included is if there are alot of alt costumes.

Bleck: 0.85%

Nominations:
DLC characters x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Pichu has been added to the music section. Make sure to post your music suggestions.

Pichu: 5% Optimistic? Yes. Honest? Yes.
Want: 100%

Count Bleck: 0.11%

x5 Bowser Jr.

EDIT: OH SHOOT!!!
Extensive Alt. Costumes: I will say that you mean a dozen or so. I will post my list of what I think might possibly happen. Male/Female Wii Fit Trainer, Male/Female Villager, Classic/Biker Wario, and Classic/Doc. Mario. There may be more, but I still don't think it will be extensive. 25%

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Pichu's chances: 0.5% - One of the least popular veterans, plenty of other Pokemon, never seemed to be planned for Brawl. Veteran status keeps me from giving him a 0 but I would still be surprised if he was brought back.
Want: 0% - My least favorite character to ever be in Smash. By far. Sorry, but I really don't want to see him return.

Extensive Alternative Costumes: 30% - I think we'll get a few, at least. Wouldn't count on a huge amount though.
Want: 50% - Don't care much for the most part.

Count Bleck prediction: 0.54%

Muddy Mole x5 - When his day arrives I'll probably start re-nominating either Bomberman or Ike. Just not sure who yet.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Seeing Chrom fall so hard was almost painful for me. :(
I apologize if I come off as bitter, but I don't understand why Chrom gets so much bashing for being "bland" where as Roy and Lucina are let off the hook in that regard. But no hard feelings. :)

Pichu
Chance: 13% - The only thing Pichu has in it's favor is being a Melee veteran.
Want: 57% - I liked Pichu more than most people did, but there are many more deserving characters that I'd like to see.

Extensive alternate costumes
Chance: 50% - We tend to get closer to this with each new instalment of Smash, first with the Daisy costumes, then with Dark Link, and so on.
Want: 100% Who doesn't want this.

Count Bleck prediction: 0.13%

Nominations: Gyromite stage x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Pichu

Chance - .75% - Very tiny chance, if any at all. Not certain if Pichu is even up for consideration unless there was a blanket inclusion of returning Melee veterans. Even then, he's the only character that was truly cut from Brawl, not included in the Forbidden Seven nor receiving a successor like Young to Toon Link.

Want - 35% - While I don't think tier listings effect my thoughts on characters, intentionally designing a character to be awful is just so... wrong. It's a waste of time, effort, and is better spent somewhere else. He could just come back as a reasonably competent clone, but meh. Not crazy on that either.

Chance - 60% - We have the Male WFT practically confirmed, probably a female Villager, Wario and his classic plumber gear should return, it would not surprise me at all if Fire Emblem characters had alternate outfits based on the DLC outfit, the Pokémon Trainer could have one if he's lucky... all in all, I'd say that it comes to how much Sakurai thinks if Alternate Costumes are worth it. There's quite the variety out their, even if you don't want a similar character being just an alternate costume with little to no changes. I think it might be a coin flip, though the Male WFT makes me think it's a bit more likely.

Want - 60% - Something that mildly interests me. Not particularly exited, but I think it could help tell who's who during a match, which is positive. Typically, though, I go vanilla and keep the original appearance, with the exceptions of NES ROB along with Pittoo, so I don't care too much.

Wow, off by a single hundredth of a percent... so close to getting even more bonus nominations, and yet so far...

*ahem* Well, anyways... I'm not doing Bleck. Let someone else get them tomorrow.

Nominations
Scrooge McDuck X10

Let us kill him quicker.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Pichu likelihood: 1%

Extensive Alt Costumes likelihood: 35%

Count Bleck: 1.85%

Wrestler x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Pichu:
Chances:2%
I dont see happening unless there's DLC. Easy add in the case of DLC.
No thanks.

Extensive Alternate Costumes:
Chances: 50%
My definition is 25% of the characters and by alternate costumes there are no character changes (like from Marth to Lucina for example).
If its all the characters I want.

Count Bleck: 0.89%

Nominations:
Micaiah x 5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Pichu:
Oh, Pichu...for what little it's worth, we'll remember you...sometimes.

Chance: 3%
I think I may be being gracious, honestly. There's very little chance.

Want: 7%
That little piece of me that wants to give young children a chance...the rest wants to convince them that I am unbeatable.

Chance: 9%
I don't have as much faith in Sakurai's doing this. And, if it is implemented, there's more than a small chance of it being DLC.

I would be a VERY happy Pacack.

Count Bleck: .22%
Eh. Expect to hear lots of

Spoiler:
he's not even the main antagonist

Along with comments about him being a one-time baddie in the Marioverse...yeah, it's gonna be low.

Noms: Daitoryo x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pichu:
Likelohood: 2%
Since he was the only one who was outright cut from the roster with no plans to return at all (sounds really cruel when you put it this way :p), his inclusion seems really unlikely. One thing he has in his favour is that he got a bit of promotion in Gen IV, the spiky-eared Pichu.

Nope. His self-damaging mechanic was unique but lame, and I believe contributed in a big way to his unpopularity. I'm no exception.

Likelihood: 28%
The reveal of Male Wii Fit Trainer shows that Sakurai is likely far more open to alt costumes than before. I'm already expecting a Female Villager costume.

Heck yes. This was one of the biggest draws of Project M 3.0 for me and I would love to see it in Smash too!
Dr. Mario, Dr. Luigi, The Awakening DLC for FE characters, Dark Bowser, Skyward Sword Zelda etc etc etc... I know that not all of these are happening, but they would be cool to see regardless.

Count Bleck prediction: 0.23%
Move along, nothing to see here...

6 Mario Characters x 5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Pichu 10%
Want: 25%

Costumes: 30% chance 70% want

Blek: 0.33%

Nominate
Grovylex2
Stork x 3

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Pichu - 0%
An utterly forgettable secret character from Melee who doesn't even appear in the forbidden seven of Brawl, what chance does Pichu have? There has been little to nothing in recent years from Pokemon to suggest Pichu is about to be a big thing again, so for a character who was already a clone that was cut in the following game, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin. The one edge case where I could see Pichu getting in is as post-launch DLC along with characters like Dr. Mario or Young Link, but for the disc, I'm confident enough to give a 0%.
Want - 0% - I didn't like him in Melee, I didn't miss him in Brawl. Heck, I even forgot about him entirely as Brawler610 pointed out. That says a lot by itself.

Extensive Alternate Costumes - 25%
This one is really hard to call simply because there isn't any precedent of this happening in Smash before, nor does WFT having a male alternate prove anything. Heck, the only alternate we've had before now is classic Wario IIRC, so who's to say Sakurai will go costume crazy now? The thing is, adding alternates just makes so much sense. Let's just do a quick run-through of obvious candidates:

Mario - Dr. Mario
Link - "Classic" Link
Samus - Metroid Fusion Armor
Kirby - Yarn Kirby
Pikachu - Pichu
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Villager - Female Villager
Mega Man - Proto Man
Olimar - Louie
Peach - Daisy
Toon Link - Island Outfit
Sonic - Shadow
Marth - Roy
Zelda - Skyward Sword

I admittedly don't know what to pick for DK, Fox, Pit, Luigi, or Rosalina, but that's 3/4 of the cast already just off the top of my head. Sure, the complexity varies quite a bit, with some being simple outfit changes while others would surely require new voiceover work, but the possibilites are easily there, and with WFT putting the foot in the door, who's to say we can't get even more? This also makes certain newcomers even more attractive, such as Isaac with a Matthew alternate or Chrom with a Lucina alternate, while allowing for the resurrection of old clones from Melee that don't really have a place in modern Smash otherwise. I'm going to be conservative with my rating because there's no way to be sure Sakurai would go for this, but it seems like such a fan-pleasing move to do that I have to believe it's at least been considered.

Want - 100% - Is it not obvious with the above justification? Would be so awesome, especially if it was cast-wide.

Count Bleck Prediction - 0.2%
So I just googled him and...oh my. That's pretty much Chancellor Cole tier right there.

Nominations
Sheik x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Pichu
Chances - 1%
LOL

Want - 0%
No thanks.

Chance - 30%
What lowers this for me is the "extensive" specification. I don't see Sakurai embracing the whole alternate costume thing too much for some reason. At most I expect male/female versions of the characters that can be male of female (we already have WFT, others I'd like to have this are Villager, Pokemon Trainer, and if we get lucky, Robin as well.) And then I guess Wario. But more than that seems like a longshot, unless they start doing DLC.

Want - 60%
I guess it'd be cool, so I'm giving over 50%, but frankly, I really don't care that much. Costumes in fighting games is one of those fascinations I never quite understood. Especially when the costume is supposed to be another character ... in those cases, then yea, I really don't like it.

Count Bleck prediction - 0.56%
I don't see people caring at all ... about Count Bleck!

Nominations
x5 Magnus

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Pichu:
Chance: 3%
Actually this isn't quite true. I fully believe if DLC becomes a thing, Pichu WILL be included. Otherwise Pichu's chance of returning(outside of evolving into Brawl's Pikachu) are a slim thing indeed. The only truly cut individual from Melee's roster with Mewtwo, Roy and even Dr. Mario planned for a Brawl return and Toon Link essentially taking Young Link's role, Pichu seems to be the only one not planned.

Again though, if DLC happens; we're getting a Melee pack. That just seems like the most obvious DLC and one I'd give a 95% chance to if we DO get DLC characters.

Unlike a lot of people I actually enjoyed playing as Pichu in Melee. I liked the challenge, I liked the look on people's faces if I managed to kill them as Pichu, and whilst I agree the hurting himself gimmick was a little over the top(why does Pichu hurt itself when it uses AGILITY and SKULL BASH of all things?) I preferred Pichu to Pikachu in Melee.

No really. That Skull Bash knockback and damage. Great for free for all.

Overall I'd still rather have Meowth, but I'd be more receptive to Pichu's return than most. I'd get more excited about Pichu's return than Dr. Mario, Young Link or even some of the veterans though...maybe because it's something that would annoy a lot of this community.

Extensive Costumes:
Chance:
For Wario: 100%
For everyone else: 9%

Yeah I don't have much faith in Sakurai to do this. This is the man who thought it'd be weird to see Dr. Mario shoot fireballs so excuse me if I think he'll take issue with some of the more outlandish suggestions people have posted; Pikachu is not Pikachu if it's Pichu or Raichu, whilst Wii Fit Trainer is Wii Fit Trainer regardless of gender.

Villager, Pokemon Trainer and Robin(should they get in) will likely get a gender swap similar to Wii Fit Trainer(should that be an alt outfit). Marth may get a mask if that counts as extensive for 'Masked Marth' as a shoutout but I can't see anything as exciting as the Project M alts. At least not included at first.

Like Pichu I think the chance increases if DLC becomes a thing. But I don't think Pichu will be an alt outfit to Pikachu. Either it's a character or it's not.

Depending on what it is, depends really to whether I'll like it or not. A Roy outfit for Marth is a terrible idea, whilst a Masked Marth idea for Marth is a good one. Outset Toon Link is also acceptable, but a Vaati outfit for him would be kinda bad.

Count Bleck chances: 1%
We don't even have Paper Mario. Why the hell would anyone expect Bleck?

Nominations: Robin X 5

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Pichu:

Chance: .25%
Veteran, but why would game freak care?

Want: 15%
I liked him being in melee, he sucked but it was fun when you won with him.

Alt costumes:
let's count...
Dr Mario, Dr Luigi? Dry Bowser, Wario, Villager Girl, Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Pokémon Trainer, Outset Tlink...

That's about it for tne probable ones..

Chance: 33%
Decent shot of most of those getting in, and any surprise would add, so.I'll give it a third.

It could make some great event matched, and be a great inclusion for some of those characters.. But alt costumes don't really make me hyped.

Black: 0.9%
If there's a paper Mario stage in adventure mode he's probably Tue frontrunner for boss...

Pokémon AT*5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
PICHU

:pichumelee: "Pichu! Pichu!"

Chance: 2% - "Pichu...chuuuuuuu" :(

Want: 90% - "PICHU! PICHUUUUU!!!!!!!!!" :estatic:

:pikachumelee: "Pika Pika?" Pikachu?"

:pichumelee: "Chu! Chuuuu!"

:pikachumelee:"Pika, pi!" :facepalm:

:pichumelee: "...piiiiii!"

EXTENSIVE ALTERNATE COSTUMES

Chance: 35% - "Pichu pi."

Want: 90% - "Piiiiiiii!"

Count Bleck Prediction: 1.4% - "Pichu pi? Piiii...chuuuu...pi? PI!!!!"

:pikachumelee: "...." :rolleyes:

*Drags Pichu away by the tail*

:pichumelee: *Waves goodbye* "Pichu chu pi!" :)

Nominations:
Micaiah x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Pichu
.5% chance: The only character that was not missed come the transfer to Brawl. Young Link became Toon Link, Mario felt sick without his doc, and dont get me started on the Duo. He has been negatively received to death, and its not 2001 people, we don't need a gen 2(or3) pokemon. (Scizor and Gardevoir are pipe dreams though...
.01% Want: Unless he gets an extreme buff, hell no, no thanks.

Count Bleck: .77% prediction
His want score will save him from Cole levels.

Nominating Daitoryo x5

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Pichu Chances: 2%
Pichu Want: 0% Clone. Nuff said.

Extensive Alternate Costumes Chances 50%
Extensive Alternate Costumes Want: 50%

Count Bleck Prediction: 2%

Bayonetta x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Pichu: 0.5% He served his role. Let it be done.
Want: 0% OH HEAVEN'S NO! There are 20+ characters that I would rather have before him and no bad clone, joke character is ever going to make me feel otherwise.

Alt Costumes: 20%

Count Bleck: 1.5% Who even is this?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Pichu:
Chances:10%
Want:100%

-Extensive Alternate Costumes:
Chances:50%
Want:30%

-Count Bleck Prediction:0%

-Nominations:Ridley X5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Chrom is dead?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pichu-Okay, let's be honest. BRUTALLY HONEST.

Pros
+Former Veteran, wasn't an alternate character like Dr. Mario or Young Link. This is slightly helpful, I guess, but Pikachu is already confirmed.
Cons
-Absolutely every other character. With Pokemon likely getting 5 slots, it doesn't seem like we're getting any Pokemon cuts (PT getting replaced is not a cut because there is still a PT) And what is that one other potential? Oh yeah...
-Mewtwo. It's obvious to say that Mewtwo is the winning contender at this point, he's not a shoo-in, but it's a very, very likely result.
-Clones are not really that good in chances. Semi-Clones are, not full ones.

Overall... Pichu has seen better days. Right now, his chances are nearly zilch. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, he's got too much to go up against and he's a clone. .9%

Want: Hm? You are asking me how much I want a clone? Are you serious? Furthermore, I don't like Pichu OR Pikachu! (Raichu is best :happysheep:)

Do I have to go with this?! Hey, at least I get to rate what I want badly... 00.00% So take my zeroes and my Naoto being disappointed. Have a nice day.

Extensive Alternates :happysheep:

Chances: Well, it's obvious that a few characters are getting alternates. Wario, Fit Trainer are locks. However, by my term of alternates, I mean a chunk of the roster (Like, at least 20%) gets an alternate. I see this as likely because there is a lot of resource to pull from. Dr. Mario, Young Link, Concept Knight, there's a ton to use! After seeing what the PMBR did, it seems a lot more feasible for it to occur. 33%, because we don't usually know what Sakurai is planning.

Want: Okay, let me get this straight: Who WOULDN'T WANT THIS?! This is an amazing idea, given it doesn't take out of the roster slot cap. I'd love for this to happen just to see what Nintendo can come up with. 100%.

Count Blechhhh has not the best chances
BLEHHEHEHEHEH! His chances are near nothing. His want score will counterbalance it. 1.01% for IF we even got a Mario 6th slot, it's likely something else.

Who Gets My Noms Today?
Bandwagon, with Daitoryo X5!

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Pichu: 0.5%
Probably the second to last Melee character up for readdition, ahead of Young Link.

The only reason to play as him is to belittle less skilled Smash players, and I'm not good enough at the game to do that.

Extensive alt costumes: 95%
It depends on what you mean by that- Brawl already had them, if you consider Wario's extra costume or Lucas's Claus pallette to be alts.

Want: 75%
It'd be fun as long as they don't go overboard with them, to the detriment of actual newcomers.

Count Bleck prediction: 1.02%

Nominate:
Kunio-Kun x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pichu - 5%

The main obstacles he is going against is the fact that he was outright thrown out of Melee, the only character that has been thrown out of Smash so far. (all other Melee veterans that didn't return in Brawl have unfinished data, except for Young Link but in his case he at least got a replacement) and how characters like Mewtwo, Lucario Pokemon Trainer and Jigglypuff are all far more popular than Pichu, especially Mewtwo and Lucario.

His best chance is as DLC, if Sakurai even decides to make DLC characters at some point.

Want - 90%

Would be higher, but I want Mewtwo more. I still love that adorable Pichu.

Extensive Alternate costumes - 70%

Want - 100%

If it's anything like the idea of including two seperate costumes for Wario in Brawl, I'm all in for this idea! (Outset Toon Link, Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein PLZ)

Count Bleck Prediction - 1.07%

I want the Count a lot, but of course I realize his chance is extremely small.

Let's see if Chancellor Cole can finally get out of the last place in terms of chance. :p

EDIT: I retract my Cranky nomination now that I know he was already rated. Is it too late for me to nominate someone else? If not, then I nominate Dry Bowser x5. (assuming he hasn't already been rated....)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom