• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Alright let's see...

Shulk

Chance - 80%

Xenoblade came out in Japan back in 2010, so the "too new" argument that often is used against him is fairly garbage. Either way though, we sort of see the opposite mentality at work with so many of the newcomers actually being pretty recent creations. It's true that Xenoblade as a series is newer than those from which the others hail, but what I'll call the "X" series obviously has a future with Nintendo, so including the person who will essentially be the Marth of his world makes sense to me. Additionally, Xenoblade was/is a VERY well received game, and it's popular enough that Sakurai must have been aware of it relatively early on. In the time that it's been out, Shulk has gone on to become one of the most commonly requested characters. But did these requests reach Sakurai's ears before the period for collecting feedback concluded? Does he personally find the Monado and it's abilities unique enough to work into the game? It's possible, and I would say likely, but certainly unknown. Most recently of course is the Sal Leak. My own personal opinion of that leak aside, it is decently credible source and his mention does say something.

Want - 100%
The only newcomer that in spite of anything else would make this game an instabuy for me.

Mewtwo

Chance - 85%

If Sakurai brings back any Melee cut, it will be Mewtwo. But who's to say he's willing to do that? Well while there's certainly a lot to pick from when it comes to Pokemon, Mewtwo is a fan-favorite up there with Charizard, and his moveset was unique enough that Sakurai might be feeling regret over it having to be discarded in the first place. He's been asked for Mewtwo since he was cut, and at E3 did not out-right deny his return when it was brought up. Of course he wouldn't do this anyway, but the question wasn't even directed at him, so he could have stayed quite. All in all, his inclusion would require somewhat less work than others, and he is HEAVILY demanded, but we simply can't know if Sakurai even thought about adding in cuts.

Want - 75%
I honestly could not give less of a damn if he gets in or not, BUT he is so requested that it would be nice to see people get what they want.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Shulk
Chance: 90%
He's popular in Japan and grown in popularity in the west. Sakurai tweeted a Monado pic if I'm not mistaken.
Want: 85%
I haven't played his game but I plan to. Design wise he looks cool and I like sword users so he might even end up being my main. After playing the game my "want" will most likely increase.

Mewtwo
Chance: 75%
Depends on if Sakurai wants to add him. Mewtwo's one of the most demanded characters, though.
Want: 95%
I'm a big Pokemon fan and Mewtwo is one of my favorites, but I really want him because he's even popular among non-Pokemon fans, too. He'd attract people from the Melee days like my brother and hopefully we can play more often for fun like the old days. (King K.Rool is the only other character that would hype him)

Predictions:
Pac-man: 90%
I really want him in, and have suspected his inclusion after Mega Man was announced so early.
Mii: 80%
Nintendo is putting Miis into everything, so I see them in.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Shulk
Chance: 80%
+ The Sal Romano leak
+ He is the protagonist of the most recent game in the X series, a series which is releasing one of Nintendo's biggest games of this year. I can see the series reaching Fire Emblem levels of popularity someday.
+ Xenoblade was a critical hit among reveiwers and, likely, most players of the game. I believe it has a Metacritic score of about 92 at the moment.
+ Knowing how much Sakurai weighs a character's potential for uniqueness (Ice Climbers, for example), Shulk has a lot going for him. Seeing into the future and position-based attacks are things that no other character has, and something that I could see intriguing Sakurai.

-The Xeno series has only one installment on a Nintendo system.
-It has a dedicated fanbase, but not a particularly large one.
-Implementing a vision mechanic may prove to be too complex for Smash Bros.

Want: 100%
Xenoblade is one of my three favorite videogames ever (Wind Waker and Smash being the others). The OST is amazing and something that will get in the game alongside Shulk. My most wanted newcomer.

Mewtwo
Chance: 85%
+One the most iconic Pokemon of the series.
+Mega Evos and whatnot.
+The star Pokemon of at least 3 movies.

-He wasn't in Brawl, apparently because of time constraints. There must have been some reason why Sakurai didn't consider him priority.

He flat-out deserves it. There's no reason Mewtwo shouldn't be a playable Pokemon character.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Shulk
Chance - 67%
I really wish I had bothered to look into this leak before making my prediction last time...
So yeah, apparently there might actually be some legitimacy behind it. I'd say that gives about a good increase from what I would have originally given him. Why?
- Sure, he's supposed to be popular in Japan, and he has a loyal fanbase here in the West. But is it that large? I doubt it. I'm not sure how many people even know who Shulk is outside of the hardcore Nintendo fans. I sure didn't know who he was before I started following the Smash community.
- He's only been in one game so far. Unless there has been new information that I don't know about, it isn't even confirmed if Shulk will have any presence in X (I do realize that there was a character with a resemblance to him). In the case that Monolith has no interest in continuing his story, they might not want to add him.
All things considered, though, he has a good chance.
Want - 60%
I like the idea of giving new series representation, and I like Monolith. Even so, there are other characters I want to see first. I would be a bit annoyed to see him jump ahead of other characters who have waited longer.

Mewtwo
Chance - 75%
I hate to be the one to say it, but Greninja does affect Mewtwo's chances. It would feel strange for Pokemon to have six character slots, and it would feel even weirder for Mewtwo to replace the Jiggs. Still... he should be in, right? He was planned for Brawl, and Sakurai has to know how insanely demanded he is. X and Y blatantly pandered to the popularity of Mewtwo, and I'd think Smash will do the same.
Want: 84%
I love Pokemon. While Mewtwo was cool, I'm not as obsessed with him as most people are. But he deserves the spot, and it would fix the mistake of him ever being removed. Also, it would make a lot of people very happy, so why not.

Predictions:
Pac-man - 71%
It will be a battle between leak believers and haters who will bias their scores down.
Mii - 58%
Same as above, except that a group of people will consider the Miis as deconfirmed.

Typs

Smash Cadet
Shulk
Chance: 80% He is popular in japan and sakurai is aware of that, if he wants a rep from a recently created franchise shulk is the one to choose
Want: 50%

Mewtwo
Chance: 75% His chances of return dropped a bit after Greninja was revealed, but if sakurai doesn't mind a third humanoid pokemon he'll probably get in, we have 4 pokemon rep right now and a fifth one is possible

Burigu

Smash Ace
Let's see.................

Shulk
Chances: 55%
I know how popular this series is and part that he is ranked with such high numbers it's because of various leaks, I know they can be real, but at least IN trailer or pics there aren't that much evidence for him (if there is any), I always try to stay on the realistic/pesimistic view until lots of evidence convince me to think the other way around.

Want: 60%
His game is acclaimed by everyone, it's a shame it's really hard to get a copy of the game, if he brings something new to the table or his inclusion open the gates to me to a franchise I have never played then his inclusion is more than welcomed.

Mewtwo
Chances: 49%
The inminent inclusion of Jigglypuff cuts his chances more than Greninja, maybe and maybe Jigglypuff might get cut but past games evidence don't support the idea.

Want: 75%
I am a pokemon game veteran my first game ever in the franchise was Pokemon Stadium, being a kid I learned the whole type advantage on the go, it made me really happy when I beat that Dragonite in Pokecup final with only rental pokemon since I didn't have a gameboy.
Then after brutal fights with underpowered pokemon I somehow beat anything, then Mewtwo appeared and I couldn't be more trilled, he devastated my whole team, I get a gameboy eventually and trained some pokemons finally beating him.
Despite being the ultimate challenge in my first pokemon game ever, today I don't hold to nostalgia and don't have that hype in my about him, he might be a great adition no doubt, I am the type of person that is happy with any playable pokemon the game gives me (almost any)

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Were Squirtle and Ivysaur really cut? Pokémon trainer was sent home but where did it say they were cut?

Shulk
Chance 60% want 50%

There's no doubt in my mind Sakurai is reaching out to newer all-stars with Rosalina and Greninja's inclusion and Xenoblade's potential future makes it seem like a good candidate. I also admit I'm rating this high because of the leak, hopefully he won't go down the same way Isaac did in Brawl.

Mewtwo
chance 40% want 50%

I have a hard time believing Jigglypuff's exclusion from this game after all Sheik returned and Jigglypuff is more prominent to smash bros than Sheik. With all the mega evolution going on and already two out of 4 pokemon are humanoid Mewtwo doesn't seem unique anymore at least compared to Jigglypuff and ivysaur he loses out. I'm not certain that squirtle and ivysaur were cut either. At best I think he'd be the 6th pokemon not the 5th.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Alright. Can't let this one get by without contributing either.

Shulk - Chance: 80% - Shulk is a character from a critically-acclaimed first-part RPG on the Wii. This alone is notable to me, because honestly, how many first-party RPGs does Nintendo have, let alone ones with enough merit to be in Smash. Shulk himself has quite a sizeable worldwide fanbase, most notably in Japan, and has enough interesting mechanics to pull from his own game to make him truly unique, and hopefully not be "just another sword character" to people who don't know him.

Other things in his favor include this: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/statuses/373426526064107523 ; Soraya's tweets, Monolith Soft becoming a seemingly very important developer for Nintendo, lots of things to pull from even just a single-game series, and last but not least the Sal Romano leak, but even without it, I'd rate Shulk's chances just as high, especially after not being disconfirmed on the 8th.

That said, there is the Sakurai factor, and if the Sal Romano leak isn't legit, these things do happen.

Want: 100%. Shulk is one particular newcomer I didn't really care one way or the other about before playing his game. I still supported it, because he sounded cool, but after playing the game and seeing everything it had to offer Smash in general, from music and memorable locales, to interesting characters and Shulk himself, along with the Monado having the potential for an amazing moveset. If he does make it, I'm looking forward to seeing (and maining) THE POWER OF THE MONADO! in Smash.

Mewtwo - Chance: 80% - Mewtwo is a character I feel has a tremendous chance to be in the game. Since I pretty much expect 6 Pokemon newcomers, with 2 being hidden and the current 4 being starters, I can't see them being anyone but Mewtwo and Jigglypuff. Greninja's trailer was a Mewtwo fakeout for alot of people, and I'm starting to feel that was deliberate, and that Mewtwo is still hiding. He's one of the most popular and iconic Pokemon of all time, and is the most popularly requested character for Smash worldwide. It's not hard to see why his chances are high. All that really stands in his way is not wanting to have more Mega Evolutions, or Sakurai just deciding not to do it.

Want: 100%. Like I said before, I either want something on the roster 100% or I don't. He's a character that certainly belongs here, and he's been away from home too long. Bring on the Mewtwo.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Off topic - Wow three people in a row with Palutena avatars above this post.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Shulk
Chance: 90% Like everybody has said before, Shulk is extremely popular in Japan. Though he is still unknown to most over here in the west, those who do know him are diehard fans. Xenoblade's sequel, X, has been developing in parallel with SSB ever since E3 and Sakurai has shown to be very aware of Xenoblade's presence and popularity. The SalRomano leaks and Soraya's tweets give his chances that extra bump, but honestly even without those, Shulk's chances would still be high. With 255 hours worth of gameplay, massive beautiful places, and unforgettable music and story Shulk brings more than his fair share to the table. The sheer amount of potential Shulk posses is insane.

Want 100% Xenoblade is literally the best game I have ever played (aside from smash of course). Everything about it is incredible and unbelievably amazing as it outclasses all in it's genre and stomps on the competition across consoles. If you own a wii you owe it to yourself to play this game and ask anybody who owns a copy, the price is absolutely worth every penny.

Mewtwo
Chance: 80% Even early on, Sakurai has hinted at Mewtwo's return to smash. Given his extreme popularity across the globe, his resurface in the movies, and his X/Y presence Mewtwo is a no brainer

Want 100% Oh man. Back when I was playing melee with my brothers my Mewtwo was untouchable. I was so mad when he wasn't in brawl, how could they deny such an epic character? Well he needs to come back NAO for some Wii U butt kicking!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Oh, yeah, it’s that time again. Mewtwo Time. And you guys remember my old post back in RTC, the biggest rating, by word count, in the history of RTC? Well, I'm gonna top it now!

Time to… ahem, top that record. Sorry Shulk, but you’ll get a smaller rating of 75% chance, 100% Want. But hey, you got 100% want, Shulk! Don’t feel so salty and undertreated! And look at all these other ratings you got!

Anyways, let’s get to the serious situation. Consider this, a Logic Bullet, if you will.

This post has been placed in a spoiler, as to not cause a massive clutter. It’s quite large in content and is my biggest post ever, actually, so out of respect for mobile users, I give you forewarning when you open this Spoiler.
M2U-CL-Myutsu

So, let’s begin. And the beginning is the return of my Pros VS Cons system of rating characters. With some facts and issues in between.

The Facts/Pros:

-Mewtwo is ridiculously popular. No, I mean it. He’s not only the most requested character worldwide but he even tops newcomer requests for characters like Pac-Man, Megaman and King K Rool. As a result, he’s a character that many fans have clamored for since his conspicuous absence from Brawl.

-Mewtwo was not ever replaced by any character in Smash Bros. In fact, Mewtwo has been planned for every game, and likely even 4, if Sakurai’s comments hinting around the possibility of Mewtwo are anything to hear. While Sakurai is known for trolling, when it comes to a character of such a special situation, being requested so dearly, trolling the fans with Mewtwo being something else or trolling them about the character that’s most wanted in the world wouldn’t be a good PR strategy. As for how he’s been planned…

=An interview with Nintendo developers and Sakurai regarding Super Smash Bros 64 reveals that Mewtwo, Bowser and King Dedede were all planned for the first game, but in typical Sakurai fashion, were cut for timing issues.

=Mewtwo, along with Bowser and Dedede, were planned for Melee. While Bowser and Mewtwo made it in as newcomer, Dedede was cut for time constraints and 6 clones (Falco, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy, Ganondorf and Pichu) were placed in the game instead of the King.

=Dedede was eventually a newcomer for Smash 4, along with Meta Knight, giving two newcomers for Kirby. 5 characters, 4 being clones, were cut in Brawl, but the issue regarding these characters is the circumstances for their attendance taking a hit. It turns out that Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo were all planned for Brawl as their data was found on the disc as incomplete. While many speculate that they were imports, Mewtwo and Roy have special fanfares that go unused. Mewtwo appears to be the most complete of the unused characters, but the issue is what exactly caused him to not be in the final game. Many have speculated and said Lucario has directly replaced Lucario as a “clone”, but this is incorrect by factual levels.

Noticing a trend? Sakurai has trouble with time, because he takes his time making these games the best they can be.

-Lucario is not a clone of Mewtwo, straightforward and to the point. Even the move they are “considered to share” is different; Aura Sphere is a standard projectile and Shadow Ball travels as a Medusa Head pattern (coined from Castlevania’s Medusa enemies that flew in the titular path) and if 4’s to show anything, they’re barely alike in any way, shape or manner. Lucario is a physical fighter, and Mewtwo is a special one. Even moreso, Lucario’s Mega Evolution makes this even bigger of an obvious fallacy; Lucario’s Mega makes his Aura more powerful than before, something Mewtwo does not have. And speaking of Aura, I hope people get it that Aura=/=Mewtwo. Because the most aura Mewtwo gets ever in any single game is Aura Sphere, and many Pokemon learn Aura Sphere.

-Furthermore, to go onto the clone discussion, Clone Logic is dumb. By that Logic, a ton of characters are "Clones": Marth/Ike, Megaman/Sonic, Mario/Luigi, Charizard/Bowser, Kirby/Dedede, Little Mac/Greninja, the list goes on. Mewtwo and Lucario have different movesets, and they do not play the same at ALL, seriously. The Mega Evolution will only make this stand out.

-Lucario couldn’t have replaced Mewtwo if both were planned at the same time. That makes no sense to just do that in development and not get any bad PR, which Nintendo does not want. However, Brawl’s development is one thing that’s full of horrible planning, priority, bad balance, and poor Public Relations, which leads me to what actually managed to off Mewtwo and 6 other potential characters’ chances in Brawl…

-Sonic the Hedgehog. No, I kid you not. Sonic was not planned for Brawl at first, a widely known fact. He was only added as public demand grew to an insane level. Nintendo decided that he would give more profit to the game (which honestly was not a bad idea at first) but unlike Snake in Melee, they decided to not wait till next game and added him in as a late newcomer. However, being a third party results in not only a contract, but priority for his completion. What did this mean? This meant that pretty much most of the other newcomers and characters unfinished would get cut, so Sonic had to be rushed in an attempt to try and get them all done. This lead to a low quality Sonic in Brawl, and a mediocre representation as to how he played. However, it’s highly speculated that the three characters that managed to be completed that were likely already in development are Jiggs, Wolf and Toon Link, as they are late in the listings with Sonic.

-Oh, and if the trend of one character replacing another is any point, then wouldn’t Lucario get “replaced” by Greninja, who also is now being pinned as Mewtwo’s replacement? Even though Greninja plays like Strider, who doesn’t even remotely resemble Mewtwo in any way at all whatsoever? The logic behind it is flimsy and shoddy at best.

-Sakurai has dropped a hint about Mewtwo back at E3, when the roster was finalized already. The wording about this leads to the fact that Sakurai knows people want Mewtwo back in, and as a result, there’s absolutely no reason not to do so. However, he’s also noting that while the roster they have in mind is finalized, cuts are possible, which referred to any Smash character ever in the series. So far, Pokemon Trainer has been the only cut that is confirmed.

-So, with the newcomer for Pokemon revealed, many have speculated no more Pokemon characters. However, some main points are here to completely shoot that argument down.

=Brawl, as a whole, breaks this entire rule. The biggest examples come from Fire Emblem, Mother and Pokemon, ironically enough. Ike was revealed before unlockable veteran Marth. Lucas is the same with Ness. And Pokemon Trainer not only was revealed before Lucario, but ANOTHER veteran as well, Jigglypuff.

=Melee, as a whole, also breaks this entire rule. Bowser and Peach before Luigi and Dr. Mario is the main example of this occurring.

=Unlockable characters are pretty much a given at this point. Sonic and Megaman were revealed, but were unlockable. Unlocking characters, veterans and newcomers alike is not something foreign to Smash Bros, and with the way it’s looking right now, that seems to be the case. Only 29 characters have been revealed, and that seems fine considering the evolution of Smash’s Roster. The starting list will likely be 35, with a few more newcomers and veterans arriving. With those unlockables come Veterans and newcomers alike, and with the trend very likely being upheld, we can easily get another Pokemon Character.

-Mewtwo is a special case because of not only his status, but his renewed iconicness. Thanks to the Mega Evolution concept, Mewtwo has gained two new Mega Evolutions. With Game Freak essentially helping decide characters for Pokemon, it’d be a bad idea for them to have passed it up. Mewtwo’s even more special because of him being the only Legendary to Mega Evolve, allowing him to showcase Mega Evolutions, Legendary Pokemon and a famous icon from Pokemon. He’s also had two movies, now, a special (Mewtwo Returns) and is far more available than his current competition, Jigglypuff.

-In the condition that it’s a fight to see who stays, it’s likely to end in Mewtwo’s favor. Jigglypuff has seriously jumped out of the spotlight and now only clings onto dear life with the fact that she’s one of the original 12. However, that’s been shown to not always be helpful to her, as in Brawl she’s the last veteran returning to be completed according to disk data. That could very well be due to her spotlight and limelight time going away even before Brawl. Her inclusion in the original is because she was a model based on Kirby, and was easy to make for the development team given the time they had.

-Jigglypuff’s disadvantage is that the main reason it has been selected is because of the anime connection. It’s been iconic in the anime until a while back. Jigglypuff makes just minor, and minor appearances here and there. However, Mewtwo’s gotten more and more major roles.

-So certain to say we’ll get a grass type? Still doesn’t mean anything. We’re likely keeping Brawl’s count. Slots aren’t an issue, there was still a whopping plurality for Pokemon, outing above Zelda for two characters.

-6 characters for Pokémon are possible. It’s known that Sakurai doesn’t like to seriously go cut happy. So why would he get rid of 2 other Pokémon, one from Brawl as well? It’s very plausible given Brawl gave them technically 7 characters, as PT is counted as one by the disk. While 7 characters is very, very unlikely for us to see at the time and date, as with transformations gone, the characters we get are likely to be fleshed out.

-Squirtle and Ivysaur are likely getting a similar fate with PT. Having two starters of the same type is quite literally blasphermy, and with us getting at least one newcomer a game, and at least one Pokemon cut every single Smash Bros game, you can bet we’re losing at least one of them, since the cycle is caused by Game Freak’s decision in planning and promotion with it. (Note that Fire Emblem’s developers do not do this, but Sakurai does take their input). Pokemon is a mega-franchise that will showcase what would be desired best to show Pokemon, and Mewtwo fits the bill. HOWEVER, this does not mean Ivysaur or Squirtle are deconfirmed. Neither have been shown, therefore, until we see that 5th Pokemon, it’s a tossup. However, they appear as a pair; if one is deconfirmed, then the other may likely share the same fate, and if one is confirmed, it’s likely the other will be as well.

-Mewtwo is the most iconic legendary Pokemon. The Pikachu of legendaries. Some reasoning:

-One of the most iconic in the original games, still is today thanks to his resurgence with Megas.

-Mewtwo’s been planned for every freaking Smash game. If you didn’t get that earlier, please look above. Interviews have confirmed it, disk data has confirmed it. No way getting around it.

-Mewtwo has THREE Pokemon Specials, two being movies. He’s kind of like Ron Burgundy in Smash Bros. Oh, wait, what’s that? HE IS ALSO GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT POKEMON MOVIE, WHICH FEATURES MEGA EVOLUTIONS ALONG WITH DIANCIE.

-Mewtwo still fits the bill for playable. He’s appearing in X&Y (Like every single other playable character from Pokemon), is a rather important point in the game (showcases Mega Evolutions as their literal poster boy), is one of the games Legendaries, a very iconic element of Pokemon, is a new inclusion (Mega) that would work well in fighting (speculated to be a reason why Greninja may have been selected over anyone else). For Smash, he presents a unique playstyle that works with being a ranged fighter with excellent throws. Oh man, those throws. Even compared to the rest of the cast, he’s still quite unique, having an original moveset that no other character really copies from at all exactly. This original moveset is also why his cut was very controversial… many questioned it because the only other cuts were clones.

-Too many Megas? Spacies would like to see you. We got 3 Landmasters that were different, Megas are just like that. But then again they are to power up that character’s playstyle.

-Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can still coexist. Redundancy, but it’s important to note that some character will get cut in this process. Mewtwo, in addition, is a villainous character, something that Pokemon has mostly lacked. And Pokemon had the most playable characters as a series in Brawl, but no villain at all.

-Greninja is the Main Pokemon poster boy of Gen VI. Mewtwo’s the other side. I fail to see how Greninja detrimentally hurts Mewtwo when Squirtle has something to worry about.

-Mewtwo’s absence in the Direct helps him, it doesn’t hurt him. Why? The Trailer in the Direct pretty much showed off a large majority of the Pokeball Pokemon, killing off many, MANY potentials, such as Zoroark and the like. Mewtwo was not shown at all in the Direct. As for the actual gameplay? Mewtwo was not shown anywhere in gameplay. A large variety of other Pokemon were shown… Meowth, Deoxys, Zoroark, many other potentials with high chances… and Mewtwo wasn’t present. He’d likely turn into a Pokeball if he wasn’t playable to at least please fans.

-Ivysaur and Squirtle have a shot, though with another water type, it’s skeptical. Starters getting repeated has not occurred in Smash, and types have only been repeated once, with Pichu, who was the standout ridiculous iconic character at the time.

-Time constraints. Although seeing how we know the game’s been in development for two years, and there’s been two freaking teams working on this, I think time constraints aren’t going to be the largest issue.

-Sakurai’s pulling pranks on us. Ridley’s very controversial, but one cannot deny that it was very trollish. Same with Greninja looking like Mewtwo. Neither are 100% deconfirmed for various reasons.

-Muhrelevancy and muhrecency? Those are in Mewtwo’s favor, being relevant and recent, but someone will list them.

So… Logic Bullet over.
For those of you who didn't read that, it was a long, long arguement that's worth your time when you have time.

My rating for Mewtwo has not been changed. My faith in him has only increased, honestly. There’s a lot of shoddy arguments about movesets and replacements, but it’s very incorrect and wrong in nature. Once again, in my own personal thoughts, the detractors for Mewtwo are starting to disappear, as more good reasons for his inclusion have started to appear, especially with the Megas. Why not have just one dual Mega Stone Pokemon when you can have both? With my own power and rating system, I give Mewtwo a 99.99%. It might seem extreme to some, but hey, I’ve given a long, LONG explanation to why I give this kind of stuff!

Want: 100%- Okay, this one was obvious. I just made this 2500+ worded rating on Mewtwo, and you’d expect me to pull one of my logical breakdowns just because I want to?

Let me tell you this. My most wanted Veteran, even behind Meta Knight. My second most wanted character overall, behind Bandana Waddle Dee. Mewtwo’s always been a special Pokemon to me, being my first legendary captured in a game, and my original main in Melee. In Project M, I was able to recapture that glory and get the taste of what would have happened if Sakurai didn’t have those constraints back in Brawl. I have high hopes for Mewtwo in this installment and I’m sure he’ll be in the game in some shape or form. Mewtwo will someday return to Smash- and Sakurai has set up the fans with a tease- to disappoint them would be some strange mixed feelings, on top of PSD in Pyrosphere. He’s a character that I’ll be quite sad if he’s not in the game, but I’ll still be happy- This game is going to be great, and one character won’t break it or make it for me. It’s a lesson that should be learned by many, and a lesson that the roster’s going to be great regardless.
Also, this totally delayed RE and SSB because I'll put my all in this stuff.

Predictions:

Wakka (not the Final Fantasy kind)- 66%

Mii-Controversial!- 65%

Normal ratings will return once we get to normal, typical nominations. I can assure it. But as you know, Groose- I treat certain characters special, and Mewtwo’s one of those elite few.

After all this time, @ Groose Groose I think I may have came close to topping those Ace Attorney ratings. :estatic:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mewtwo:
Chance: 100%

Leaving this here. Definitely typing up this bad boy of an argument before the day is over.

Shulk: 100%
Part of the Gematsu's leak. Might as well be confirmed.
I honestly don't care for Shulk that much. He's a good choice, but I'd rather have Isaac for our Misc. series swordsmen instead. Still, if Sakurai can make Wii Fit Trainer of all things interesting, he can definitely make Shulk work.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Shulk:
Chance: 50% He's only got one title, but it was extremely popular. It's a toss-up at this point.
Want: 50% He seems fun, but since his game is so hard to find, I really don't have a feel for him.

Mewtwo:
Chance: 80% He's popular, appeared in multiple games, and is a veteran. Still, we can never predict Sakurai. After all, he didn't make it in Brawl.
Want: 100% Mewtwo is a badass. I would love to see him in Smash.

Pacman Prediction: 72.8%
Mii Prediction: 69.5%

PS: When are we going to rate Chibi-Robo again? He's the only character in the top 20 of chance that hasn't been re-rated. The localization of Photo Finder might boosts his scores, although the WFT's Deep Breathing move might decrease them. I'm curious to see where he stands.

D

Deleted member

PS: When are we going to rate Chibi-Robo again? He's the only character in the top 20 of chance that hasn't been re-rated. The localization of Photo Finder might boosts his scores, although the WFT's Deep Breathing move might decrease them. I'm curious to see where he stands.
Chibi-Robo will be rated again once he reaches the top of the nominations list.

...However, nominations are on lock-down right now. So... it will take a while before a Chibi-Robo re-rate.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh boy, Mewtwo...

Mewtwo Chance: 75%

Well, to be honest, I'm not quite sure what to think of Mewtwo. He certainly has everything going in his favor as a character choice, and despite the presence of Greninja it seems like there may still be room on the roster for him, assuming Squirtle and Ivysaur kicked the bucket. At the same time, Greninja was quite the surprise; the fact that he's in at all still kind of boggles me. It may just be my pessimism taking over here, but I worry that something will go wrong and Mewtwo will get left out once again. So, I suppose there's a 25% of that happening. But then again, we did deem him one of the, if not THE, most likely characters to appear in Smash 4. I believe we had good reason to say that.

Mewtwo Want: 100%

This is one of the few characters I will ever give 100% want for. Not only do I think he's more than deserving to be in Smash, but he's also my all-time favorite Smash character. Being able to play as the legendary Mewtwo in Melee was one of the coolest things about Melee, I think. I still remember when I was a child playing Melee, not knowing anything about the roster, and the challenger approaching screen popped up with a very familiar silhouette. It was simply amazing to me.

Well, long story short, Mewtwo is one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite series, and I think Smash isn't complete without him. I sincerely hope he's in Smash 4.

Shulk Chance: 60%

...And here's a character I'm fairly indifferent to. I can't really say much about Shulk, but he seems like a good candidate representing what is apparently a fantastic game. He sounds like he'd be a good and well-recieved character for Smash. I guess it's just a question of whether or not Sakurai's interested in him, and if the roster has enough space for him.

Shulk Want: 60%

Like I said, I'm fairly indifferent. But Shulk seems cool and it sounds like he could bring a lot to the table. Not just as a character, either, but in terms of stages and music. Sounds like a nice addition for Smash, but I can't say I care too much for him.

andimidna

Smash Master
Do you think we should re-rate Bowser Jr and Paper Mario?
Mario doesn't necessarily need more or equal slots to Pokemon, but it's only logical that it would.
That only means it's not a guarantee though, which I agree with, but I'm currently thinking it's likely.
My opinion on Bowser Jr has shot up 40%, and my opinion on Paper Mario has shot up 30%
(I thought Bowser Jr had a 10% pre-direct, and Paper Mario a 5%
I do believe a 6th Mario character is going to happen and that it is well deserved.
I know some will still be skeptical of that, but to many, Rosalina was an odd choice, so if Bowser Jr was going to be added, they would probably show him last, right?
I already got the Mario character I wanted, I just think it should be brought up. In my eyes, they were very affected by the direct.

Last edited:

DeOnde

Smash Cadet
Shulk

A Big Japan favorite that has made his way to the west by pure fanpower, the chances of the Monado wielder making it to smash are not small at all. I have very limited knowledge of Xenoblade so i'm not the best to talk about his viability as a character or a potential moveset, but from what i've heard he can make it in quite easily. His appearance in Smash is also a great way to make him more well-known in the west (cough*justliketheydidwithfireemblem*cough)

Chance: 70%, He may only have one game, but his eastern fame and great potential for entering the game give him good chances

Want: 70%, Even though i never played Xblade, he seems quite fun, and Smash could use some fresh characters from new franchises to further enhance the plethora of existing playstyles.

Mewtwo

The Original Boss Pokémon, The Ultimate Creature, The Monster of Cerulean Cave; love it or hate it, Mewtwo is one of the most badass pokémon around.

He is a fanfav and having him back in Smash would make the hype for the game even bigger; and although i did not like a lot mewtwo's melee appearance, i think they could make good use of him on ssb4, with new moves and mega-evolution involving mechanics (after all, he's got 2 of them, and his X mega-ev. could turn him into a formidable physical fighter while his Y mega-ev would make his B moves drastically stronger)

Alright, i like Mewtwo, as far as i hate people complaning all the time about wanting him back and the fact that i did not like playing with him in Melee, Mewtwo is still one of my favorite Pokés, mainly because of his Badass appearance on the first movie (i love that movie). But, as much as i like mew2, i would easily sacrifice his appearance to have Jigglypuff back (12 OG)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Shulk:

Shulk is one of the most recent Nintendo IPs and has racked in(and still is) a bountiful amount of money. Being a popular character helps in his favor.

Want: 75%

I would not mind Shulk in the game. He is not one of my top picks, but I do see him getting in the game.

Mewtwo:

Chance: 83%

If the Pokemon has 6 roster spots available, then he has a great chance of getting in, because of his high popularity and demand.

It stinks that Mewtwo was absent from Brawl, he had a great original moveset and was fun to use; however, if he returns, I would like him to be buffed to be on part with the other characters.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Shulk
Chance: 60%
Want: 90%

Ive never played Xenoblade, but i can honestly say that even without playing it that he deserves to be in Smash. Although there is no actual indicator towards his inclusion, other than that tweet from Sakurai (I assume he is a fan of the series, or was made aware of it by Operation Rainfall,) I firmly believe that this is one of the "new series" that Sakurai was referring to. With a sequel coming soon in "X," Monolith Soft being owned by Nintendo (they even helped with ALBW,) and no indication of them slowing down, Shulk is most certainly something that Smash Bros needs. Shulk is popular, requested, and has had quite a big impact on Nintendo recently, being Operation Rainfall. His ties to Nintendo are huge right now,

The Sal leak doesn't hurt either, not that I fully believe it.

Mewtwo

Let me make this clear: Greninja being included does not affect Mewtwo's status at this point in time. If there is another random Pokemon added (AKA anyone but Jiggs,) then he might be in trouble. There were 6 characters in Brawl, intended to be 7, so we still have at least 2 more characters coming. Even by adding Jiggs and Mewtwo, we are still only tied with what we had in Brawl, which is what I believe is the minimum of what we are getting.

Brawl: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, *Charizard, *Ivysaur, *Squirtle (*Combined for Pokemon Trainer)
SSB4: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Mewtwo, Grass-type? (Assuming Squirtle and Ivysaur are cut.)

With the loss of Pokemon Trainer, that freed up at least 3 new characters to be added (I say at least because balancing Pokemon Trainer takes a ton more effort than having to balance the characters individually. The time taken to balance them could have taken the same amount of time as, say, another newcomer or veteran return.) We have Charizard returning, and Greninja now, so that leaves us with at least 1 more character to take the spot. Assuming that Squirtle and Ivysaur don't return, which as far as we know is very possible, who will that be? Mewtwo.

Mewtwo is very popular, one of the most requested characters, relevant, recurring and is technically a Smash veteran (was intended for Brawl as well, but didn't make it in due to time constraints, AKA Sonic.) There was also the Pokemon press conference in which Sakurai, not addressed directly, blurted out "Were thinking about it" when speaking about Mewtwo being in Smash. No other character has been teased so heavily (other than Ridley.) He didn't have to say anything, but instead he decided to say something. His absence from Brawl caused some serious backlash, even being so low on the tier list. He is one of the few Pokemon characters that is actually on the radar, and he is has CLEARLY passed through Sakurais mind at least once.

I would be very surprised and disappointed if Mewtwo is not included this time.

Predictions:
Pacman: 57%
Mii: 62.5%

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sorry for the vagueness in this post, I'll fill it up later.

Shulk
Chance: 64%
Want: 68%

Mewtwo:
Chances: 95%

Pac Man: 47%
Mii: 34%

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Shulk
Chance: 45%
One of my top four new comers for this Smash, it would be great to have Shulk and his universe in Smash.

Mewtwo
Chance: 33%
Want: 30%
I didn´t like his moveset in Melee, if he would ever get a overhaul, I will rate him higher.

.n_n.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Shulk
Chance: 45%
One of my top four new comers for this Smash, it would be great to have Shulk and his universe in Smash.

Mewtwo
Chance: 33%
Want: 30%
I didn´t like his moveset in Melee, if he would ever get a overhaul, I will rate him higher.

.n_n.
Not to go out of line but mewtwos moveset would no brainer be fixed according to sakurai in the smash direct (if confirmed anyway)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Not to go out of line but mewtwos moveset would no brainer be fixed according to sakurai in the smash direct (if confirmed anyway)
Well I need to see to believe, this is the same man that keep Link and Toon Link with almost the same moveset and lets not forget Falcondorf.

.n_n.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Shulk

Chance: 60%

Mewtwo

Chance: 96%

Pac Man - 68%
Mii - 56%

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Using the mobile site, so I'm not going to go in depth. I like Shulk and I like Mewtwo. Both have merit to be Smash Brothers.

Shulk
Chances:80%
Want:100%

Mewtwo
Chances:80%
Want:80%

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Shulk -
I believe the Sal leak is legit, which is why I've given him a higher rating than I would have before. As others have pointed out he has a lot going in his favor; him being from a very popular new series that has a sequel on the way and Sakurai's monado tweet. I'm impartial to his inclusion since I've only played a bit of Xenoblade and another blade user doesn't excite me too much.

Mewtwo -
He's definitely the most likely Pokemon character after Jigglypuff and is heavily requested to return. I'm not really interested in the Pokemon series nowadays and never used him in Melee so his inclusion doesn't matter much to me.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Shulk-->
Chance: 20%
Want: 0% (But not a fair statement)
I honestly don't know who Shulk is so take this as a grain of salt. He is, however, on pretty much everyone's rosters. He is getting attention. Good enough for Nintendo to put him in.

Mewtwo-->
Chance:5%
Want: 0%
Brawl was fine without him and I do not want any more Corruption on Game Freak's part. First, they gave Char. two mega's and the other starters one. Then they gave mewtwo two megas... WHY can't they stick to one?! The problem with mewtwo is... Which mega to use? Becasue you KNOW they will incorporate the mega if he gets put in. I also think, in general, once a character has been cut in the SSB, he will not return.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Don't want to take the wind out of your sails, but...Xenoblade isn't the only niche title with a panel in Puzzle Swap; Dillon's Rolling Western also has a panel. As does Rhythm Heaven.

My sails are still winded! :estatic: but I do think there is a mild difference. Dillon's Rolling Western and Rhythm Heaven Fever were new releases worth advertising when their puzzles came out. Xenoblade's puzzle came out later last year, while the game was Spring 2012. Regardless, I'm not using a Puzzle Panel alone as a major argument for his inclusion, but merely to showcase that Nintendo has made efforts to advertise and expose his title to a wider audience.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
\
Yet another popular choice that I'm fairly indifferent to. In Shulk's case it's due to not playing his game...that thing is hard as hell to get ahold of, and even if you can find it... that price. Yeesh.
To be completely fair, there was a fresh shipment in February that mades the games pop up again, and Gamestop did cut the price down to $40 used. I should know--I almost
bought a copy today (I had it in my hand!), but I decided to wait until next week. Of course, I'm not sure if any of this also carried over to Europe or if it was just a Nintendo of America things.
After all this time, @ Groose Groose I think I may have came close to topping those Ace Attorney ratings. :estatic:
Close? You've done it.

Do you think we should re-rate Bowser Jr and Paper Mario?
Mario doesn't necessarily need more or equal slots to Pokemon, but it's only logical that it would.
That only means it's not a guarantee though, which I agree with, but I'm currently thinking it's likely.
My opinion on Bowser Jr has shot up 40%, and my opinion on Paper Mario has shot up 30%
(I thought Bowser Jr had a 10% pre-direct, and Paper Mario a 5%
I do believe a 6th Mario character is going to happen and that it is well deserved.
I know some will still be skeptical of that, but to many, Rosalina was an odd choice, so if Bowser Jr was going to be added, they would probably show him last, right?
I already got the Mario character I wanted, I just think it should be brought up. In my eyes, they were very affected by the direct.
We will be doing Bowser Jr. as a character that we rated very highly, but there just isn't enough reason to dig out Paper Mario again, in my opinion.
Personally, while I do feel Bowser Jr. has a very solid shot, I disagree with the sentiment that the Mario franchise needs as many slots as the Pokemon franchise. Keep in mind, Sakurai does judge things based on movesets instead of slots on the roster, and he always considered Pokemon Trainer to be three unique characters. Looking at things the way Sakurai does, Brawl had more Pokemon than Mario characters while Melee had more Mario characters than Pokemon characters; the two franchises haven't been even since Smash 64.

I'd also personally argue that the Mario franchise is a subsidiary of the "Greater Mario Universe" which includes the Yoshi, Wario, and DK franchises as well. These characters often cross over in spin-offs; while they are afforded different treatment in Smash, they're still tied closely together. If Sakurai has OCD and really needs to have the exact same number of slot-spaces for both franchises, he could just slap Yoshi or Wario along with the true Mario characters and call it a day.

Though, could you hold your reply to me until we get into rating Mario characters, or take it to the Character Discussion Thread? This talk isn't entirely relevant to our focus here right now (my fault for continuing it).

Leaving this here. Definitely typing up this bad boy of an argument before the day is over.
I counted the vote, but I'm preparing to end the day now; I doubt you'll have the argument finished in time. I just want to let you know that you can still post it tomorrow; a lot of us want to read what you have to say even if it's a tad late.

Shulk: 60%
What has changed for Shulk since the Direct?
1) He survived the AT bloodbath. While I'm sure that there are many more ATs waiting to be revealed, and I know Shulk might be one of them, the demise of your Samurai Gorohs and Sakis leaves a greater window of opportunity for other characters [especially swordsmen who are locked in as either an AT or playable like Shulk and Isaac]. Additionally, Ridley's apparent demise means that a character I expected to see is no longer being worked on, meaning that there is a bit more room for other characters that were right on his heels.

2) He's now the beneficiary of the Salromano leak. I've been pretty noncommittal to the leaks since the beginning, and I take it as it could go either way; I'd give it a 50% chance of being real, so all of the characters it mention have at least a 50% of being playable. This doesn't really affect Shulk because I feel his own merits make him more likely than that, anyway.

3) Sakurai has shown once again that he's drawing a lot of content from the last couple years--the time period in which Shulk was born. We have Greninja, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Little Mac (he was rebooted on the Wii), and almost assuredly Palutena; Shulk seems to fit in line with the general trend, and the argument that he is "too new" is certainly gone for good.

Also, I'm factoring in things like his popularity and the approach of X a bit more heavily this time. When it all comes down to it, he's gone from a character that I thought could go either way to a character that I think will probably get in, but has a very solid chance of falling to an AT. Note: He''s a shoo-in for at least an AT role, in my eyes.
Shulk Want: 100%
I will probably be getting Xenoblade Chronicles next week, and I'd say that I'll definitely have it by mid-May at the latest. I am pretty spoiled for parts of the game, though, as I watched an LP; what I have seen of Shulk has made me really like his character. In addition, the Monado is something I would love to have in Smash; it would be awesome seeing a duel between it and the Master Sword. Shulk is my number three most wanted newcomer for right now, and I think he'll become entrenched there once I (finally) get to play the game for myself.

Mewtwo: 90%
He's the most popular request of any character that didn't appear in Brawl, and they do have a workable base in Melee. That alone is enough to garner a pretty high rating in my eyes, but it just keeps getting better and better for Mewtwo. Around when the roster was being decided, Mewtwo was being resurrected back to its position of prestige in the Pokemon franchise; it starred in another movie, got two full Mega Evolutions (a feat rivaled only by Charizard), appeared in a special anime mini-series, and took back its role as the final wild Pokemon in the new Pokemon games.

So far, we've discussed his recency and big global popularity. We haven't touched on his long-term importance to the Pokemon franchise, but I really don't have time to cover that one--suffice to say he was the final test of the original Pokemon games and appeared in a bunch of spin-offs in prominent roles. Additionally, he has a strong relation to the Smash franchise; he was planned for all three titles in the series (or it may have just been considered for the original) and has always been a character that has stayed with Sakurai. That brings me to my final point--Sakurai himself said that he was thinking about Mewtwo roughly a year ago.

Relevancy, long-term significance, high global popularity, acknowledged by the creator... no other character has all of those attributes; Rool and Palutena come close, but they can't quite catch them all. I'd argue that this makes Mewtwo an extremely likely candidate to be picked.

Oh, and did I mention that he was oddly missing from the Pokeball montage? And the fact that the trailer was designed to initially confuse Greninja with Mewtwo? Those are major perks, too.

Mewtwo Want: 100%
In past times, I've given Mewtwo a hard time with the old, "I can play him in Melee if I need to play as him; let's focus on new characters." I don't feel this way anymore. I now feel like Mewtwo is just such an important and loved character that it's a crime not to have him in Smash at this point. I'd be fully satisfied with just seeing him again, though a true newcomer would hype me more.

DAY OVER

..we dreamed of rating the world's most popular character candidate...

...and we succeeded...

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Shulk
69.73% chance (was 64.06%)
70.21% want (was 66.79%)

Shulk's scores both increased to around the seventy percent mark. His want score improvement managed to take him past Isaac, and his improved chance rating keeps him in the company of our most expected newcomers. If only we possessed Shulk's ability to see the future, we'd be able to we would be a lot more accurate in all of our ratings.

Mewtwo
74.24% chance (was 89.56%)
81.58% want (was 82.57%)

Although his want score has remained nearly identical (which means that he is once again more wanted than K. Rool and Ridley), his chance score took a bit of a slide after the Direct. Although some people interpreted the Direct as a great thing for his chances, others think that Greninja has made him a highly unlikely addition.

After several characters who are extremely well-liked, it's about time we switch to some characters that are a bit more... polarizing. We saw some old Namco ATs in the Direct; does this help out Pac-Man? We also saw Miis in cages in the Find Mii stage; how does this affect their chances? Also, the leaker managed to kinda sorta guess Greninja right and still stands by the both of them. Is he for real? All things considered, please rate Pac-Man and Mii in chance and want. Tomorrow we'll be going back in time to talk about a few Retro characters. Please predict how Takamaru and Lip will do in tomorrow's match. Nominations are still on hold as we rerate out top characters and those affected by the Direct.

andimidna

Smash Master
I was curious on how Mewtwo stacked up against our prized newcomers. Thought I'd share.

COMPARING MEWTWO TO OUR TOP NEWCOMERS

1. Palutena - 95.23% chance
MEWTWO - 74.24% chance
2. Shulk - 69.73% chance
3. King K. Rool - 68.75% chance
4. Mii - 61.62% chance,
5.Pac-Man - 59.96% chance
6.Takamaru - 49.67% chance
7. Dixie Kong - 49.04% chance
8. Chrom - 44.56% chance
9. Isaac - 33.87% chance
10. Ridley - 33.02% chance

HOLY ****.
SHULK MADE HIS WAY TO #2
But the veteran Mewtwo is still seen as more likely.

MEWTWO - 81.58% want
1. King K. Rool - 78.88% want
2. Palutena - 77.93% want
3. Ridley - 74.60% want
4. Banjo Kazooie - 72.57% want
5. Shulk - 70.21% want
6. Isaac - 68.46% want
7. Bomberman - 59.83% want
8. Takamaru - 57.51% want
9. Lip - 56.45% want
10. Robin - 56.00% want

Shulk went up only 1 place in both charts, but still, he's lookin' good.
And no newcomer can beat Mewtwo in want.

-----------------------
So... Pac-Man and Mii in one day?
Yikes...
Lots of high chances
Lots of low wants

I'll be posting my rating soon.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Pac-Man
Chance: 20%
want: 0%. (Can I go negative?)

Pac-Man is a classic. He should stay that way.

Mii
Chance:90%
Want:5%

SSB 4 is making advancments towards customization.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Pac-Man
Chance: 60%- While Namco is working on the game and they have AT's, they have multiple AT's. All other third parties have each only had a character and one AT.
Want: 0% - Prof. Layton, Chrono, Neku, and Snake are a ton better than a semi-clone of five characters.

Mii
Chance: 5%- I know everyone else thinks they are likely, but I have no idea why. WFT already reps hardware this time around. Also Mii's can't go from Wii U to Wii U easily, so in competitive play, the whole custom Mii would be pointless, and the whole point of a Mii playable is to use your own. It doesn't sit right at all with Mii. Also if Peach's Golf Club, and Tennis racket return (I don't know if they've been shown) that would wreck the originality of a Wii Sports Move Set, and when Ness comes back he will have a bat too.

Want: 0%- I hate the idea of Mii's being playable, knowing that the time to create the move set could be used elsewhere.

Palutena and Micaiah, are the only two characters that could balance out my feelings for the roster if both these characters are in the game. They are the only two characters that have a chance (Well maybe Prof. Layton) to get into this game that I want 100%.

Predictions:
Takumaru
Chance: (An overrated) 65%

Lip
Want: 57%
Chance: 5%- Everyone has given up hope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I must say... those ratings for Shulk really surprised me. But hey! I'm glad to see the Monado Boy level up in his ratings!
Pac-Man and Mii have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Pac-Man or Mii, check to see what you said on their days!

Pac-Man
Chance:
93%

With Namco working on the game, how can you not think about Pac-Man getting in Smash? He is single handedly the most likely character that we will get from the company.
Namco is definitely going to ask for content in Smash; they now do with the Special Flag. The Assist Trophies of Galaga enemies... I doubt those are actually Assist Trophies. I think that the Special Flag is an item that will specifically summon Namco characters.

Charizard is holding this as if it was an Assist Trophy!
Although Sakurai said that Namco won't get any special treatment and this item exists, I say that this increases Pac-Man's chances. It's an item from Namco; I bet that this will draw a line for a playable Pac-Man later.
I seriously doubt that Sakurai would exclude Pac-Man as that would be a missed opportunity. I mean... it's Pac-Man! One of gaming's biggest icons! No one from Tekken or Soul Calibur would generate hype and attention like he would! It helps too that Pac-Man has a history with Nintendo as well!
He doesn't even need the leak to tell you how likely he is. He is practically inevitable to appear in Smash.
Oh, and no Pac-Man is in the clouds business; tell that to Ridley. (if that was supposed to be an Easter Egg, then that's pretty clever however)
I've warmed up to Pac-Man. I much, much, much rather see Bomberman, but I'll take Pac-Man for now.

Mii
Chance:
50%

I gave the Mii a 10% before... but I have considerably raised it since then.

"Miis are done! They are disconfirmed! They won't get in Smash now!"
WRONG!
You think that, but what about this pic?

Try to find the Mii! Oh wait! There isn't one!
If our good friend Alfonzo taught us, even if a character is a part of the stage, they might have a chance to be playable. We all thought Toon Link was done for... but now when you play as him, he gets replaced by Alfonzo.
Why bring this up? Perhaps we aren't seeing the Mii in action. What if you played as the Mii, there will be nothing in that cage?
EDIT: The Find Mii stage may or may not increase their chances. I say that it doesn't increase nor decrease their chances; they might as well treat Find Mii as a part of a separate universe rather than as a part of the Mii universe.
I think that the Miis have a legitimate chance now... but I am going 50% on this. Miis may be popular and are one of the most iconic parts of Nintendo history, but they do have issues. The main one may be the online mode; we can't have copyright issues and inappropriate Miis over Wi-Fi, now can we?
I am not believing that leak until I see Mii and the Chorus Men. Until then, I will leave the Mii at half and half.
Want: -100% (0%)
It sucks that I know that they are possible because I desperately don't want them.
Miis would be uninteresting as fighters. While the customization fear is gone, I do not want to think about the horrors that will await us in the online mode! Just no! I don't want to fight penis heads and Hitlers! Just no!
I will say this however. If that leak is true and if Miis must be added so that Shulk would... then so be it! Bring on the Miis so that I can behold the power of the Monado in Smash!

Takamaru Prediction: 42.15%
I think that some people are going to lower their scores because of Greninja, even though ninjas and samurais are different.
Lip Prediction: 2.73%
Poor Lip. We stated that the Big Mac trophy raised her chances and now her weapon is an item again. She is going to get destroyed... but I sense some kindness come from her supporters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom