• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
here are my ratings:
Pac-Man:
Chance: 95%.
Honestly this guy is second only to Palutena in terms of likeliness. With Namco having items it's crazy for them not to have a character, and Pac-man is the only one they have. LLoyd Irving would be a contender if he wasn't have his games ported exclusively to PS3.
Want: 20% 40%
I've hated the movesets I've seen for him so far. If I find a good one, I'll change this.
Edit: I've seen some decent move sets, but nothing amazing. It's a shame :(
Miis:
Chance: 40%
I've seen convincing arguments against them, but there is still that Tomodachi life stage...
Want: 5%.
Unless we are talking about Goku or Shrek, does anyone deserve a 0?[/quote]

Last edited:

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
Pac-Man:

Chance: 85% - Why would Namco allow to use their items if they would not get a character?
Want: 50% - While it would be cool to have all these mascots duke it out, I don't really care about Pac-Man as a character. His moveset could be nice and funny though.

Mii:

Chance: 40% - The whole argument for the Miis would have been the customization. And as we all know, every character will be customizable, so they are not really needed.
Want: 15% - I actually think they are part of the whole Nintendo Allstar gang, but they should stay as profile representation.

Prediction:
Takamaru: 63,27%
Lip: 21,35%

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Pac-Man

Chance - IDK

Want - 0%.

horrible piece of s**t.... don't like his design.... sure he has that iconic arcade game but i still hate him and don't want him in.

Miis

Chance - 30%

Want - 25%.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Pac-Man Chance:98%-The Namco ATs help his chances and he fits so well into the whole special case" scenario due to being a legendary third-party character. Also , there is this interview.

Want: 95%-One of my most wanted characters. It's freaking Pac-Man! Why wouldn't I want a legendary icon like him to be in?! Him being in would be epic!!

Mii Chance: 95%- Considering just how historically important they are to the Wii era and their wackiness lending themselves well to the atmosphere of Smash, I'd be surprised if Sakurai didn't want them in.

Want: 15%-Not all that interesting or great.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man
Chance: 70% -- Namco are developing Smash 4, and we've already seen items from their franchises. They've rooted themselves in!
Want: 20% -- I don't like Pac-Man. The only way I'd like him is if his moveset was a celebration of Namco's arcade franchises.

I would love for Namco to have a representative--as their legacy is extreme--but I just find Pac-Man one of the least likeable.

Mii

Chance: 30% -- No hints towards this happening. I've only seen evidence against it (such as the Find Mii post from the last page).
Want: 00% -- No thanks. I don't want this at all.

Sure, you can say that Mii's deserve respect for their recognition (Wii Party, Wii Sports, Mario Kart, Pilotwings, Tomodachi) but playable just seems like a mess to implement and their whole idea is personalization--they're avatars, so a fixed moveset seems out of place. In Mii fashion, a full, customizable moveset (not just B moves like in the Direct) seems like a huge hassle in execution for a character that is rarely requested as playable in the first place.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pac-Man and Mii get a 99% chance and 100% want from me.
They have the leaky 3 leak on their side to aid them, Pac-Man has the Namco items aiding his chances while the Find Mii stage hints at the Mii.
They are pretty much guarenteed.
Reading these Mii ratings, they seem extremely biased and not legitimate.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Pac-Man's chances: 90% - I think the Namco items help him a lot, among other things.
Want: 30% - Ehhh, not really.

Mii's chances: 80% - I still think they have a good chance.
Want: 0% - Probably my least favorite character with a decent chance.

Takamaru prediction: 40.19%
Lip prediction: 6.59% - Both will drop quite a bit.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Pac-Man

95% Chance: We've seen too many hints of Namco involvement on every aspect of the game: now having their own items and obviously getting a big say in the design of Final Destination (it screams Soulcalibur). If there's going to be a Namco third-party character, it just has to be Pac-Man. Lets run through the other possibilities first.

Lloyd is the most requested character from Namco... for Brawl. I have not seen nearly the same level of interest for Smash 4. The Tales series has also flown the coop so to speak, as it's now more a Playstation franchise. The series creator said that he had no plans for even an Xbox One version of the next Tales, I doubt Nintendo is happy.

The other big one is Nightmare. Now, I am a gigantic fan of Nightmare, though I've never stated it on this forum. However, Nightmare doesn't fit Smash Bros. His range is absolutely terrifying in a game where every character has a weapon, let alone Smash Bros. He's slow and hard to balance. Most of all, his character is too... adult? It just doesn't fit in Smash Bros very well. There are zero requests for Nightmare, as Soulcalibur hasn't been on Nintendo consoles since SC2, a decade ago.

The only big franchise that could be represented is Tekken, partially because of the Tekken Tag 2 game having alternate, Smash Bros-themed costumes and it being released on the Wii U, but it likely falls outside the correct time for it to matter. Tekken suffers a similar fate as Nightmare, having no requests, awkward tones and on top of that, no frontrunner.

Pac-Man's own competition within Namco is very weak. If you accept that Namco will get one character on the roster, it's clearly going to be Pac-Man.

Just to run through a few obvious points, but not linger too long on them as everyone has stated them already. Pac-Man is one of the last big video game icons not in Smash Bros. He's crossed over Mario and MegaMan. Unlike MegaMan, Pac-Man is being pushed by Namco in a cartoon. Miyamoto and probably many Nintendo employees love Pac-Man. Sakurai has commented on Pac-Man to an IGN interviewer, Sakurai was asking the questions, but the thought obviously has crossed his mind.

Pac-Man is a bright and colorful mascot that not only fits into Smash Bros, but fits extremely well into the tone Sakurai has for Smash 4. Everything this game is less washed out, brighter and more colorful. Namco is working on the game (obviously) so he also represents their contribution.

If there's going to be just one third-party newcomer, Pac-Man is too obvious. There's little competition anymore, seeing as MegaMan and Sonic are already in. Snake is sadly up in the air, leaving some wriggle room for another third-party. I'm a fan of Layton, Bomber-Man and Nightmare but none of them are as likely as Pac-Man.

It's not 99% as there is always the remote chance he goes for another third-party, and I believe we'll only get two, including MegaMan.

100% Want: I'm a big fan of Pac-Man in Smash Bros, he's practically the reason a game like Smash Bros exists in the first place. A game all about big characters from the video game industry, when Pac-Man was one of the first game characters. He invented many conventions that would become commonplace. If that's not worth representing, I don't know what is, especially in Smash Bros.

Pac-Man is to me a likable version of Sonic. He's not trying to be "hip," in spite of his new cartoon targeted at little kids. Pac-Man's just a happy, joyful and simple mascot that has a straightforward personality. That's where I feel much of the inspiration for Mario, Sonic and sure, even MegaMan originates, if not a direct link. Pac-Man is that influential.

Mii

10% Chance: I wanted to make this 0, or very low, but I will admit I've been swayed a little by the leak and the fact Mii was all over Mario Kart's promotional material and online profile system while being playable.

However, Mario Kart is not Smash Bros. Sakurai doesn't get a model created, then slap it into the game. Miis would need just as much time as other newcomers to work and Sakurai isn't the kind of person who reveals a newcomer casually. That is what he did in the direct, multiple times.

Of course, rules are made to be broken, this may just be the first time he overtly uses a character before revealing them and Mii is the kind of character where I can see that happen. On the other hand... I don't think there's even a want for Mii in the game. I hate to harp on Mii's popularity, Pac-Man was fairly unpopular here before, but truth be told, Mii is not a liked character or requested by fans. This is very obvious, so much so even Sakurai has made negative comments.

The crown icon, the online profile stuff and the liberal use of the Mii in the direct all point at a confirmation to me, that Mii is not a newcomer. The cage deserves a little elaboration on, as I do feel it considerably hurts Mii's chances and that's great as it hurts that stupid leak. The cage may simply not have used the Miis at that point in development. The Mii may be released or imprisoned at different points of the match, by player interaction or as an automatic change.

The fact that we've seen Miis should be it, really - Toon Link was different, it was Spirit Tracks Link using a low poly model, in a completely different outfit. The caged Miis, the online profile Miis, the Miis plastered all over the direct are just Miis. These aren't special Miis that look different from regular ones.

If Sakurai was making a Mii newcomer, there's no reason to reveal them in this way, after the Find Mii build-up. I think it partially comes from the fact Sakurai knows Mii has no hype. Compare Ridley's shadow and the Mii here. Ridley is obscured, coyly left out of the picture; Mii is right there in your face: hello I'm de-confirmed.

0% Want: I never liked this idea and I've not grown any fonder. Wii Fit Trainer is one thing, as it's two specific "characters." Mii is a generic interchangeable avatar. It is the opposite of a character. I admit it'd make absolute sense to use as a profile avatar or in other ways, just not as a playable character.

An elaborate custom Mii set is off the table after the direct confirmed (limited) customization and a sports-inspired Mii not only sounds boring, but screws over Waluigi ever getting a place.

Takamaru: 43%
Around or exactly the same as before.

Lip: 5%
The Lip item was confirmed, doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Pac-Man

Chance - 75% - I can't deny that the items help his chances, but I'm not completely sold on him being in yet.

Want - 25% - Eh. Not very enthusiastic over him. He just doesn't live up to the standards of a third party to me. If he were first party, he'd definitely would belong in, but he lacks the interest of other third parties.

Mii

Chance - 30% - A bit lower than I gave them last time. I'm suspicious about how come we have a number of Mii related stages yet no proper logo for the Miis. If we don't see a proper logo for the new "Mii-room stage," I'm almost willing to call them disconfirmed right there.

Want - 5% - Blech. They hold no interest to me at all.

Predictions

Takamaru - 68.54% - Yeah, Greninja's going to steal some of his score.

Lip - 8.45% - Lip's Stick item is going to drag her down immensely.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man
Chance: 90 % - Pac man -fever man! One of the biggest gaming-icons ever!
Want : 99 % - Same reason, I know Sakurai would be able to come up with a great moveset!

Mii
Chance: 70 % - They are in every game already...
Want : 50 % - They're okay is guess

Predictions:

Takamaru : 60 %
Lip: 2 %

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
PacMan- I'd say 75%
I would have said 95% if not for Sakurai saying that Namco Bandai characters receive absolutely no priority, but I just think that means he's treating them the same as he is Capcom and SEGA. He might give SEGA another character playable from the Sonic franchise, but that's about 25% happening
Want: 100% mainly for fan satisfaction. My best friend doesn't think he'll be in, so I want to prove him wrong

Mii: 85%
Want: 10% because I don't want Mii's of adult characters like Travis Touchdown because we have children playing Smash.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Wakawakawakawaka:

Chance: 99%
Galaga! Special Flag! Namco making the game! Pac-Man revival!

Want: 95%
Pac-Man is the second most deserving 3rd party in my opinion, and Slime only wins because of his greater associating with Nintendo... Pac-Man's awesome, and I would love him to be in the game, but if that means there are too many 3rd parties for Slime to have a chance then I'll be disappointed...

Mii:
DE CON FIRMED!
They're stage hazards (or atleast elements, but I imagine hazard like Yellow Devil's explosion), part of online play, and definitely not their own franchise as the Streetpass Quest and Pilotwings stages point out! There's no shadow bull-trickery here, he's in the cage!

Chance: 0%
Want: 0%
And my god am I thankful! Legal shenanigans aside I just don't think he has any reason to be in the game if everyone's editable, especially as Wii Fit Trainer represents the Wii Franchise well enough in my books... yeah I know it's the third best selling franchise of all time, but it's not about characters, it should be represented by items and stages... and it kinda already is thanks to the Pilotwings stage also being Sports Resort.

Takamaru: 45.2%
I don't think he's going to drop by much... especially as one of his main selling points was invisibility and Greninja has not taken that.

Lip: 11.2%
She, I think will drop, as the Lip's Stick has returned...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It was pretty obvious that Miiverse and the Miis were going to be compatible in online play just like in Brawl, that doesn't really deconfirm them at all and should not affect their chance ratings and shouldn't warrant a 0 chance score.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I get the feeling the same people who are condemning Miis because of them being in the cage or whatever are the same people who thought R.O.B was deconfirmed in Brawl because he was "a generic enemy in SSE".

SonicMario

Smash Master
Pac-Man

Chance: 85% - The Namco-related items really help him. Still I'm not sure he's over 90% because you could also potentially have a classic Pac-Man was one of the characters that pop out

Want: 60% - I don't really care too much if he's in or not. But it would be cool to be able to have Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man altogether. So an extra 10% just for that.

Mii

Chance: 95% - Find Mii may have dropped them a little. But barely. And I don't think Sakurai using Miis for explaining things like Global Smash Power and everything really drop them either. Because Online mode is related to Miiverse. In which yeah, the Miis are your avatars there. That don't mean anything. I also have a feeling that the Icons don't matter as much as they did in Brawl. (And even in Brawl there were stages that got icons with no characters. Like the Electro Plankton stage). All in all, the direct if it effected their chances. Postively or Negatively, it's barely any change. And any of you who score their chances less then 50% are allowing your hope that they're not playable to skew their chances.

Miis also have Tomodachi Life in their favor when that comes out in North America... in the same month as E3 even.

Want: 75% - This was once 50%, but seeing many people who are quick to go into denial or refusal to believe they'll be playable has only made me want them stronger just so many could get a much needed slap to the face. When even still, all arguments against Miis have answers. Heck, the Hitler Miis or Dickfaced Mii everyone complained about could possibly be offensive content reportable on online leading to the bans that were said in the direct. Frankly, while it wouldn't be too bad if they're not playable after all. It would just make me look in disgust as people who said the many stupid reasons they thought Mii would not be playable would celebrate like their reasons were validated. :glare:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Miiverse is not part of the main game and doesn't come with all those fancy graphics, and ofcourse I may be deconfirming them too early, but that's why we have a whole thread about rating their chances not just one or two people. As far as I'm concerned they have been deconfirmed, and if I'm wrong then so be it, I read the evidence wrong, thank-god we have 50 odd other people rating alongside me.... If I'm not then yay! I don't want them anyway.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Pac-Man:
-Chance: 72%
The reveal of Namco related items (in the way of the Special Flag and Galaga ships), Pac-Man is seeming really.
-Want: 60%
I'm opposed to over-saturation of 3rd Party characters, but Pac-Man has such a legacy in the industry. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the game.

Mii:
-Chance: 68%
This is a tough call. They have several things going for and against them. As for what helps their case, Nintendo has done a LOT with them as of late, and they have three stages relating to large roles from them. However, with the stages, if the Miis are playable, the symbol used for the Find Mii stage is strange. Rather than using the generic Mii logo, they opted for a crown. The other 3DS stage relating to Miis is Tomodachi Life, and the crown symbol just doesn't fit there. That being said, these aren't huge details, so I've still put the Miis at a rather high percentage.
-Want: 1%
While, I'm sure they could have a very diverse and interesting moveset, I just don't like the idea of going up against Hitler and Gandhi online. It just seems odd. If Miis were announced to have defaults of Nintendo executive heads to be used for online (and a Virtual Boy praising Final Smash), I'd be more okay with the idea than I currently am.

Predictions:
Takamaru: 50%
Lip: 10%

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Pac-Man:
Chance: 90%
THE Namco mascot and if any 3rd party character should be in that hasn't already been confirmed, it should be him.
Want: 92%
Not 100% because I want a few other characters ahead of him (Chrom and King K.Rool) but he's one of my favorite characters and now's a great chance to support him for Smash.

Mii:
Chance: 95%
Miis are appearing in almost every multiplayer Nintendo game and I'm pretty sure they'll appear in Smash + Leaks in their favor.
Want: 75%
I'd be happy with their inclusion if they're fully custom characters. In other words, if they don't have their own moveset and can't be used online.
If Mii really does have its own moveset and can be used online I wouldn't like it because I don't want them to be overused by kids that want to play as Shadow or Shrek Miis.

Takamaru 60%
Lip 60%
Both cool popular retros (in the smash community and Japan) but being retro doesn't give them a boost unless Sakurai really wants to revive their franchise.

andimidna

Smash Master
Miis are much bigger than just Find Mii. Wii Sports, Mario Kart, etc. The Find Mii crown cannot represent the Miis as a whole. The Find Mii crown also cannot represent Tomodachi Life. And if the Mii stages have separate icons, what does the Mii have?
I see people rating high and not considering this.
It's not biased at all to think this deconfirms them.
I gave a little room to be wrong with 10%
I'm no longer giving much credit to the salromano leak. It's possible to get some correct info and some not.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Pac-Man:
Chance: 85%
With the confirmation of Namco items, I think Pac-Man chances increased. I really enjoyed the Pac-Man World series so I wouldn't mind seeing some of that in Smash.

Mii:
Chance: 90%
Want: 45%
I still think they have a huge possibility. Even after the Direct.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Miis are much bigger than just Find Mii. Wii Sports, Mario Kart, etc. The Find Mii crown cannot represent the Miis as a whole. The Find Mii crown also cannot represent Tomodachi Life. And if the Mii stages have separate icons, what does the Mii have?
I see people rating high and not considering this.
It's not biased at all to think this deconfirms them.
I gave a little room to be wrong with 10%
I'm no longer giving much credit to the salromano leak. It's possible to get some correct info and some not.
Here's an explanation I gave on why people could believe the whole Icon argument isn't that much of a big deal over in the Mii thread while quoting your post.

Forstride

Smash Rookie
NNID
Forstride
Pac-Man:
  • Chance: 85% - Obviously with the game being co-developed by Bandai Namco, Pac-Man seems like a perfect choice for another 3rd party character, regardless of Sakurai's statement about character priority. He's such a popular icon in gaming as well, moreso than Sonic and Mega Man. However, we already have 2 3rd party characters, and a 3rd one might be a bit too much for some people.
  • Want: 100% - He's my most wanted character for SSB Wii U/3DS, just for how well he'd fit in. I mean, if Sonic and Mega Man are going to be there fighting with Mario, Pikachu, and other popular gaming icons, Pac-Man should definitely be there as well.
Mii:
  • Chance: 65% - Nintendo has been using Miis for a lot of things lately, from StreetPass, to a full-fledged Mii-based game (Tomodachi Life), so I'd say there's some chance they could get in.
  • Want: 50% - I think Miis would be a cool addition, but I don't think I'd play as them often. I imagine they'd have the same stats regardless of which Mii is being used, and it also makes me think they'd just be a lackluster character with a pretty basic moveset.

Hammer Man

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4038-6681-4351
Pac-Man

Chance: 95%
-One of the two most recognizable characters (Other is Mario.)

-Had playable appearances in 3 Mario Kart Arcade games.

-Most likely Namco rep to get in.

-A lot of Namco hints (Including Galaga enemies and the S Flag.) and the fact that namco is developing the game.

-One of the third party characters that

have history on Nintendo systems.

Want: 94%

I haven't played the Pac-Man games, but I want him in for my satisfaction and to please his supporters and if he got in, and they gave him an awesome moveset, I'd be ecstatic enough to get into his series.

Mii

Chances: 70%

It may not be the most likely, but they could pull a Toon Link and reveal them as playable characters like in Mario Kart Wii & 7.

Everyone will hate it, but they would be a fine addition to Smash Bros because they were popular characters since the Wii's debut.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
WAKA WAKA
Pac Man
99.99%Chance
50% Want
He is in, I would bet my life on it. Am neutral on him though...

Mii
70% Chance
0% Want

andimidna

Smash Master
No offense,
But you completely missed my point and I'm not sure how.
I didn't bother responding as you didn't give a legitimate response back.
You must have completely skipped over what I said about stages having icons.
And saying you think they mean less than they did in Brawl holds no argumentative substance.
I'm on my phone right now, so I'm not going to write a long post, but expect a response eventually.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
For those worried about Mii's flooding online with inappropriate names/appearances:

Remember how Sakurai began to outline how the online feature was going to work? He also mentioned a reporting system, where players can report others for a variety of reasons (dropping out early, targeting one player constantly, etc.) Much like a lot of other online games. I'm pretty certain that he has considered inappropriate Mii's and how they can alleviate them so that this type of thing is avoided. I think using "Hitler" and "Johnson" Mii's would fall under inappropriate behaviour, and those types of thing can be reported. Those who want to remain playing online, which I assume most would, would have to abide by the rules. I'm sure this is part of the reason why a reporting system was implemented.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
waka: 99%
Namco items
want: 60%

I don't know, he'll be cool I guess, I just guess I don't care
I have no idea
want: 50%
look at gif above:p
Takamaru: 65%
I have no idea
lip: 34%
poor lip

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Pacman

Chances: 85%
A third party character, so I can't give any higher than this. Plus Namco is working on the game, and have a few items in it.

Want: 35%
Would Prefer Snake returning or the additions of less likely third party characters like Banjo Kazooie, Bomberman, Maxwell and Lloyd Irving. Wouldn't complain though.

Mii

Chance: 50%
Could go either way I think.

Want: 5%
I feel like it would either fill the online with fictional characters, celebrities and ugly as possible Miis. But if they were unique and fun to play as, I might not mind.

Should we do one for a member of the Treecko line as playable?

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
For those worried about Mii's flooding online with inappropriate names/appearances:

Remember how Sakurai began to outline how the online feature was going to work? He also mentioned a reporting system, where players can report others for a variety of reasons (dropping out early, targeting one player constantly, etc.) Much like a lot of other online games. I'm pretty certain that he has considered inappropriate Mii's and how they can alleviate them so that this type of thing is avoided. I think using "Hitler" and "Johnson" Mii's would fall under inappropriate behaviour, and those types of thing can be reported. Those who want to remain playing online, which I assume most would, would have to abide by the rules. I'm sure this is part of the reason why a reporting system was implemented.
While I don't think the system has any relation to playable Miis as Sakurai gave multiple reasons for why it was implemented, I agree that most likely would resolve any issues involving inappropriate Miis and that argument is probably irrelevant now. I'm not going to change my score though, as I didn't use that as an argument.

Still, good thought.

SonicMario

Smash Master
No offense,
But you completely missed my point and I'm not sure how.
I didn't bother responding as you didn't give a legitimate response back.
You must have completely skipped over what I said about stages having icons.
And saying you think they mean less than they did in Brawl holds no argumentative substance.
I'm on my phone right now, so I'm not going to write a long post, but expect a response eventually.
How did I skip it over? I acknowledged the fact 2 Possible Mii related stages have their own icons while a 3rd one might also have it's own icon. My main argument was it's quite possible for all Mii stages to have their own icons while the Miis have their own general icon when they are revealed because of the fact they're not being as restrictive with the franchise icons in comparison to Brawl. Is the Smash Bros. symbol being used for Saki and/or the Nintendog symbol used for the stage and Nintendog assist trophy being used what you say I skipped over? I don't see how that's any indication that Miis aren't as likely anymore. Saki gets the Smash series icon because there's no Sin & Punishment stage, ok. But if there are many icons related to Mii related series, how does that spell doom? And as for the Nintendog stage? Nintendog has an Assist Trophy and a Stage. So what? How is that indicative regarding the Mii series icons?

Think of it like this perhaps. You know how the Mario series have subseries with DK, Yoshi, and Wario represented with their own icon, Stages, and characters correct? The Mii series at least in the eyes of Nintendo is probably considered a pretty huge franchise these days. While for the exception of Wii Fit (I think in some ways, Wii Fit Trainer makes less sense then including the Miis. You could play Wii Fit without seeing the Trainer at all if you never played the Yoga or Strength Training parts of the game. While you can't avoid seeing Miis in Wii Fit), none of the others will get their own Mii subseries representatives like DK, Yoshi, and Wario are to the Mario series. There's still the possibility the Miis have their own icon while these stages don't have that Icon. Maybe there will even be a fourth Mii stage for all we know that has the proper Mii icon. But even if not, there have been characters in Past Smash Bros. games with absolutely no Stage that has their icon or even in a few occasion, no stages related to them at all besides maybe a Music track in a stage related to something from a different franchise (Ex: Captain Falcon in SSB64, Roy and Marth in Melee, and ROB in Brawl)

I will concede that it's possible to view this as a reason Miis may not be playable. But it's not as near 100% indicative proof that they're not playable then you might think. This is why Icons being not as indicative of the roster in comparison to Brawl does indeed hold some argument

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
While I don't think the system has any relation to playable Miis as Sakurai gave multiple reasons for why it was implemented, I agree that most likely would resolve any issues involving inappropriate Miis and that argument is probably irrelevant now. I'm not going to change my score though, as I didn't use that as an argument.

Still, good thought.
I would assume soon after release its going to be quite bad, if Mii is a character included. People will think its funny. I will be one of those people who will report those who use innapropriate Miis.

I dont have a problem with people using celebrity avatars or whatever, honestly that is their choice. If you wanna be Michael Jackson, Rick Ross or Jack Black, I couldn't care less. I dont find those offensive or annoying.

I just cant stand the Hitlers, Stalins, pedos, alien faces, penises, etc. any longer. It was funny in 2007, seriously, just stop.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I would just like to point out that the Boxing Arena had no official Punch Out!! connections, so the same may be true for any Mii-related stage that has a different logo at this time.

Smady

Smash Master
I would assume soon after release its going to be quite bad, if Mii is a character included. People will think its funny. I will be one of those people who will report those who use innapropriate Miis.

I dont have a problem with people using celebrity avatars or whatever, honestly that is their choice. If you wanna be Michael Jackson, Rick Ross or Jack Black, I couldn't care less. I dont find those offensive or annoying.

I just cant stand the Hitlers, Stalins, pedos, alien faces, penises, etc. any longer. It was funny in 2007, seriously, just stop.
What if I want to play as Hitler from Bionic Commando or Wolfenstein?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom