• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Ridley: 40%
Want: 50%
He would be a really cool addition, although rather unlikely since he's basically confirmed as a Stage Hazard. But if Toon Link taught us anything, is that a characte can be at the same time playable and a stage hazard

Palutena: 80%
Want: 60%
She's very likely now. I expect her to be officially revealed soon

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Hey there RTC! Did'ja miss me? No? Okay!...

...So, uh, we're ratin' Ridley and Palutena, right?

Palutena
Chance: 99%
At this point in time, Palutena has everything going her way and almost nothing against her inclusion. Not much I can say that hasn't already been, except maybe that the trophy fakeout was probably the best part of the direct.
Want: 40%
I, however, really don't care about Palutena that much. If she's in, then OK. If she isn't, well whatever she'll probably be in Smash 5 anyway.

Ridley...
Hoo boy...
Chance: 1%
He might as well be deconfirmed at this point. I apologize to anyone who still think he has more than 10% chance, but I'm not convinced that he's more than a stage hazard.
Want: 100%
Seeing him deconfirmed just made me want him even more than I already did. So much missed potential, it's painful.

Predictions
King K. Rool: 79.35%
Dixie: 42.51%
Cranky: 3.94%

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Palutena
Chance: 99.9%
Want: 90%
I'm really looking forward to her moveset! (Yes I'm sure she's in.)

Ridley
Chance: 33%
Want: 30%
I actually liked Ridley as a boss in Brawl and think he should stay that way.

Predictions:
King K. Rool: 71.25%
Dixie: 40.19%
Cranky: 2.44%

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Palutena:

Likelihood - 99%
Present in two credible leaks, is Sakurai's baby, is supported by a moderate fanbase in both the U.S. and Japan.

Want - 50%
Do not care one way or the other.

Ridley:

Likelihood - 10%
It's not impossible, but it's highly improbable. Sakurai has handed this character incompetently yet again, sadly.

Want - 95%
One of two characters who would singlehandedly cause me to pick up this game and a Wii U.

Predictions:
King K. Rool:
78.90%
Dixie: 53.24%
Cranky: 6.44%

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Ridley:
ah yes, one of the most heated characters when discussing them in general, now being casted into the heater thanks to a silhouette. many wrighting him off as a boss, while many thinks this confirms him as a character.
my thinking is that, in the jist of it all, a ridley is confirmed as an boss, stage hazard of pyrospear. let me say it
but, ridley has more than a single catch, there are more than one form of him, there's classic ridley, meta ridley, omega ridley. . . . . and probably many more, sorry Metroid is my worst of all Nintendo franchises.
anyway, ridley shadow the thing that cased this situation the first place, was very awkward controlled, almost manually, though that could've been the case for a much clearer direct in it self, also another thing to point was, he is so far, on of the most characters that get teased and indirectly hinted at, why even do this at all, especially if he's not even a playable character, and back to the shadow again. he only showed a shadow, nothing more. the only thing this brings is more confusion and questioning. if ridley was a boss why hint at it at all? and just show it. and if he's not done yet one why even speak of him in the first place?
but one thing I can call certain is that ridley is a boss/stage hazard thanks to sakurai's statement and picture, but the way everything else speaks might go a little deeper than that, a ridley is a boss/stage hazard. but there is some pointing that their may be another ridley pointing to a different purpose. in my mind there can be two conclusions of what all this means.
this all could be that sakurai is hinting to death and revealing this "second" ridley when he is at his bottom to maximize the hype to the game, or did all this in the first place to indirectly tell players that he isn't in without hurting the hype/attention of the game
so in the end, its basically a half an half chance of where i'm seeing things at
chance - 50%
there isn't much evidence (if you can call it that) that points to a second ridley, but sakurai is sakurai, past behaviors and moments can show that similar things has happen before, its basically a coin flip and deiced which one you want to land it on (I seem to be doing a lot of these, meh)
want - 50%
honestly, i'm sick to death of hearing his name, his name gets over abused, to many people care about his size, and has created a war sized hole that not even waddle dee can create. but that doesn't mean that I can't see the use of him, heck who doesn't want to play as a freaking dragon, but still I got more priories and other characters I care more about than this loaf

k. rool - 75.38%
defintally got a boost, he's going to rank up
Dixie - 25.53%
kremilings shown, so k. rool got a chunk of her score, stil she's not really out
cranky - 2.25%
. . . i'm still surprised he's a contender. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
oh I forgot pale tuna
chance - 99.99%
want - 70%

nothing to say, she's in a better spot than little mac, and he's confirmed.
and I don't necessary want/support her in, but I would like her and could see some use

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Has a character ever received both a 0% and a 100% within the same rating day?

Just curious. This interests me.
I'm almost neutral on Ridley. I'm mostly watching the thread to see all of the Palutena praise to cheer me up after a meh day.

I really have no clue what the final chance score will be for Ridley...
But I'm sure the want will be as high as ever!
I don't know that for certain. There are certain things that stick with me, but this isn't one of them. One little tidbit, though--Little Mac is the only newcomer that got ratings of greater than 50% from every single person rating. Since 50% is the borderline between in and out, he was the only character that everyone could agree was probably playable. Obviously, I'm not including veterans, but even many of them failed to stack up to this.
I'll be honest, I've never completed a Metroid game. Heck, up until I played (But didn't complete) Super Metroid a year or two ago I had never even played a Metroid game. The series never interested me, bar my recent urge to try out the previously mentioned Super and, more recently, Prime. (Though I've only played about an hour of each.) However, even before I've ever touched a Metroid game, Ridley was my most wanted character for these games.
Up until 2011 I wasn't into speculation. I didn't really care what characters we got, I just kinda rolled with it. Ridley was the first character I legitimately supported and was the character that basically introduced me to this whole community. (Granted, back then it was just one single thread, but once character threads started popping up it really got moving.) So despite not having any attachment to the Metroid franchise as a whole, I do have much attachment to Ridley. And that goes into my first reason for wanting him: the satisfaction of seeing the first character I ever actually supported finally get his time to shine.
Another reason I want Ridley is to see his increasingly large hatebase finally get what-for. I like to see those that have personally insulted my views get what's coming to them when it's as something as arbitrary and, in the grand scheme of things, as insignificant as characters in a video game. This is the lesser of the reasons I will present, but I can't say it's not a reason either, so I still present it.
But now onto the actual reason I began supporting Ridley to begin with.
When I look for character that I want to see playable, the biggest thing I look for is if that character is important enough in their franchise and Nintendo as whole. If they're an "All-Star" if you want to call it that. Smash, the way I see it, is supposed to take these "All-Stars" and pit them against each other. The Smash roster is a list of Nintendo's finest. The greats, representative of big aspects of the world of this company that we all love. The way I see it, there is no character that should be included but hasn't yet more than Ridley.
Ridley, the main antagonist of the critically acclaimed Metroid franchise. A character that's existed since the NES days. A character as important to Metroid as Ganon(dorf) is to Zelda, if not even more-so. A character so ingrained in lore that the main character herself would not even be the character we know without his integral part in the backstory.
This huge franchise sets Ridley up as this incredibly important piece of this picture. Samus' mortal enemy that robbed her of everyone she knew, and set her up for the path that we were introduced to in the original game way back when.
The fact that such an important and long lasting character from such an important and long lasting franchise, an "All-Star" if you will, hasn't been included, at the time of learning all of this, astounded this 'ere new speculator. I read through the other character threads as well, granted. King K. Rool had my support. As did Mega Man, Little Mac, Mewtwo, what have you. But Ridley, was, is, and will always be at the top of my list. That is, until he's finally included.
I will reiterate my thoughts, and I care not if you disagree: of the characters that have not yet been playable in Super Smash Bros, there is no character more worthy of inclusion than Ridley. That alone is what gives my all the confidence I need to type the following...
Groose, mark my Want for Ridley as 100 percent. A rating I never did and never will give to any other possible newcomer for these iterations of Super Smash Bros.
Amen. That's all I hav to say to this post. My situation is similar; I'v only ever played about four Metroid games and most of them recently.
One day later, I see things from the eyes of Bandana Dee's supporters. Helplessly watching as a character I love and genuinely believe is one of the most likely of all to get in (not in spite of, but because of things in the Direct) has his chance score obliterated. :dizzy:

(I would like to add want scores for both Palutena and Ridley - 100% each - there are only six characters I can say that I want with zero doubt).
Who are the other four? I'm just curious?
I'm interested to see how Ridley's want is affected by the direct and its aftermath.
Look, pal, that's exactly what I've been doing every couple of scores I enter. It keeps bouncing around 75%.
I've officially lurked here for two years... I guess this day was just too interesting for me to not participate! Congrats on finally converting me!
Welcome! We've got a solid week coming up, so I hope you stick around. If you have any questions about this game or the boards in general, feel free to give me a PM!
How much longer groose I want to vote for mewtwo and shulk
Almost there! It took me longer today because while we normally average about 35 posts a day and cap at around 50, we hit 86 today. Yikes.
Palutena: 95%
+A visual leak that has not been debunked in several months
+ Said leak has actually strengthened with new angles of Battlefield and no outlines on ATs
+ Sakurai's response to that leak (let's show off Viridi!)
+ Sakurai's obvious bias towards Kid Icarus content
+ Sakurai's blatant teasing during the Direct
+ Sal's leak
+ Removed from Pit's Final Smash
+ Popular, recent, and pretty important Nintendo character
- Nothing
I had Palutena as my most likely newcomer at 75% before, but I held that there weren't any shoo-ins. Now she is a shoo-in.

Palutena Want: 90%
She's around the bottom of my top ten now. I like her as a character and am pretty excited about her moveset potential. I am looking forward to her... but I'd prefer Hades.

Ridley Chance: Abstain
I honestly can't give a good rating here because I have no precedent to base this off of, I am unable to judge the way the shadow moves, and I am clouded by my own strong bias. I think abstaining is the smartest thing that I could possibly do.
Ridley Want: 100%
Ridley will remain my second-most wanted newcomer in a Smash title until either he or K. Rool is revealed as playable. Nothing can or will change this.

DAY OVER

...this round was TOO BIG!

#sorrynotsorry

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Who are the other four? I'm just curious?
King K. Rool, Shulk, Isaac, and Ghirahim (Those in my sig). I really appreciate the idea of playable villains. I am highly prepared for any of them to not make it in, especially Ghirahim. At this moment, as long as 3 of the 6 (with Palutena all but confirmed, there's one) get in, I will be satisfied beyond belief. Villager was actually in my Top 5 pre-E3, so I already scored one of my most wanted characters in. There are a lot of characters I would rate with a 50% - 90% Want and think should be in the game, but the idea of them doesn't excite me quite as much as my Top 6 (+ Villager).

What are YOUR most wanted, Mr. Groose?

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Eighty-six people voted in what is the biggest day this thread (and I believe any RTC thread) has ever seen. Let's keep things strong going into tomorrow!

Palutena
95.23% chance (was 81.66%)
77.93% want (was 75.07%)

Remember just last post when I said that Little Mac was the only newcomer contestant to receive a rating of 50% or more from every single poster? Palutena has joined and exceeded him in that regard; she is now the only newcomer to score at least a 70% from every single poster. Her achievement is even greater when you consider that over eighty people lent their thoughts, and none could argue against her. Additionally, he want increased and she managed to pass rival popular character Ridley and scored higher than Little Mac before he was confirmed in that regard. If our current most wanted K. Rool falters today, she may be not only out most anticipated, but also our most wanted...

Ridley
33.02% chance (was 73.98%)
74.60% want (was 81.21%)

Ridley has met with a terrible fate. With a notable number of exceptions, the majority of you believe that Ridley has gone from a near shoo-in to someone who probably won't be joining the combat as anything other than an NPC. Additionally and more curiously, his want has fallen by a pretty important margin; some of you are showing signs of Ridley fatigue and some of his supporters have also fled the boards. Even so, I don't think he'll be leaving our Top Ten Want anytime soon; Palutena may have passed him by, but he's still above the likes of even Banjo.

Dooooonkeeeeeey Kooooooong! Yessir, I can think of no better way to celebrate Day 200 than with a special day dedicated to one of this board's favorite franchises. We'll be rating not the usual two characters, but rather three of them; all three will be coming from the Donkey Kong franchise. Up first we have the crocodile who currently holds our title of "Most Wanted Newcomer," King K. Rool. The Direct showed us Kremlings for the first time in six years; will that and his massive popularity be enough to push him over the top? Or perhaps Dixie Kong will prove too much for him? After all, she is the main character in a core installment in the series and is popular and relevant in her own right. Finally, we have Cranky Kong, our dark-horse candidate--will the ever-recurring old geezer manage to join the battle to show those good for nothing whippersnappers how to fight? Or will he be doomed to his rocking chair at Jungle Japes (where I believe it is too zoomed-out to see him at in the new footage) for all eternity? Please rate King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and Cranky Kong in both chance and want!

...and because I'm in such a good mood for this upcoming day, how about we watch a video pertaining to two of our characters today?

Tomorrow we'll see a clash of two heavily wanted psychic-users who were missing in action at the Nitnendo Direct--Shulk and Mewtwo. Please predict how the Monado boy and the world's most powerful Pokemon will do in tomorrow's match. Remember, nominations are on hold this week as we work through our highest-ranked characters and those deemed heavily affected by the Direct.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
mother of okami, ridley's score. . . . . I never thought i'll see it that low
k. rool - 60%
those kremlings are a good sign, plus with his massive popularity and demand makes him the bigger character in the donkey kong franchise
want - 100%
I want a dk newcomer, I don't care who
Dixie - 40%
k.rool had to get that extra score from somewhere, I find one inevitable, but now k. rool got the lead here, still she's not written off yet.
want - 100%
cranky - 1.50%
I don't see him with much chance
want - 100%
shulk - 54. 67%
he's not going to change much, maybe lose a signal percent because one less spot is available
mewtwo - 56.32%
I. . .I. . . I have no idea

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
UPDATE! (I'm only doing this because I'm very curious...)

1. Palutena - 95.23% chance
2. King K. Rool - 68.28% chance
3. Shulk - 64.06% chance
4. Dixie Kong - 63.68% chance
5. Mii - 61.62% chance,
6.Pac-Man - 59.96% chance
7.Takamaru - 49.67% chance
8. Chrom - 44.56% chance
9. Isaac - 33.87% chance
10. Ridley - 33.02% chance

Wow. Big gap between Palutena and K Rool.

1. King K. Rool - 85.46% want
2. Palutena - 77.93% want
3. Ridley - 74.60% want
4. Banjo Kazooie - 72.57% want
5. Isaac - 68.46% want
6. Dixie Kong - 68.25% want
7. Shulk - 66.79% want
8. Bomberman - 59.83% want
9. Takamaru - 57.51% want
10. Lip - 56.45% want

And poor Robin is still #11 on both lists :p

K Rool is the King of Smash. And Palutena is the Queen Goddess.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
K rool
Want : 90%
Id love to see him but i can take it if hes not
Chance: 80%
I think it increased by the showing of Kremlings.
Dixie Kong
Want : 60% Rather K rool
Chance: 50% im not sure
Cranky Kong
Want: 0% No thanks
Chance: 0.1% can not see it happening.

Groose

Smash Champion
Well, I 'm really stoked for this day. I think I found the perfect gifs to put in the OP and everything. I can't wait to see how things turn out this round...
I think you forgot to finish your sentence :3
I remember finishing it... I guess it didn't save when I flipped pages. Ah, well, thanks for

King K. Rool, Shulk, Isaac, and Ghirahim (Those in my sig). I really appreciate the idea of playable villains. I am highly prepared for any of them to not make it in, especially Ghirahim. At this moment, as long as 3 of the 6 (with Palutena all but confirmed, there's one) get in, I will be satisfied beyond belief. Villager was actually in my Top 5 pre-E3, so I already scored one of my most wanted characters in. There are a lot of characters I would rate with a 50% - 90% Want and think should be in the game, but the idea of them doesn't excite me quite as much as my Top 6 (+ Villager).

What are YOUR most wanted, Mr. Groose?
1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Shulk
4. Professor Layton
5. Hades
Others that would instantly thrill me: Pac-Man, Ray, Tingle, Ghirahim, Cranky Kong, Bowser Jr., Muddy Mole, Dillon, Palutena
Ones I wanted before their confirmation: Mega Man, Villager, Little Mac
My graveyard of loved characters: Meowth, Toad, Waluigi, Midna, Goroh

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just imagine what would happen to K. Rool's chance score if Sakurai developed a DKC game with him. Most wanted character, then the Sakurai effect? I think that might just break RTC.

K. Rool:

Chance - 99%
I've said for months that there is no objective counterargument standing in this character's way, and now, I've got the Kritters to prove it. By and large the most prominent (subjective) one from last time, "Oh, he'd be cool, but Nintendo has retired him and the Kremlings!" is dead and gone, thanks to Smash Run's Kremlings. His importance, popularity, uniqueness, and prior placement in Sakurai's journal remain constant. "Competition" with Dixie remains a myth, because characters are not arbitrarily pitted against each other solely because of OCD 'slot' reasons. Sakurai and Sakurai alone can f**k things up for him now.

Want - 100%
The second of the two characters out of whom I need one to buy this game and a Wii U.

Dixie:

Chance - 45%
Still remains a top contender for the last minute semi-clone role. Chances have gone down in my book due to not being revealed either the month before Tropical Freeze, the month of Tropical Freeze, or the month after Tropical Freeze (going on two months).

Want - 50%
Do not care about one way or the other.

Cranky:
Chance - 15%

See Dixie in relation to him not being shown on multiple ideal occasions for a reveal. Also, he's trapped in the "third party candidate" role (politically speaking, not company-wise) where he'll never be seriously considered so long as K. Rool and Dixie remain candidates...

Want - 60%
...although that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind him before Dixie, so he can beat up his good-for-nothing son and old adversary, Mario.

Predictions:
Shulk
- 64.50% (meh)
Mewtwo - 76.43% (will go down for stupid Greninja-related reasons)

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
King K Rool:
-Chance: 65%
I definitely think the Kremlings have helped his chances, but with Dixie still in the picture, I still don't think his chances are super.
-Want: 90%
I wanna play as King/Pirate/Scientist/Boxer/Crocodile. He's also a villain, and a Donkey Kong rep, which should definitely get a newcomer.

Dixie:
-Chance: 60%
Not much to comment here. I think may be counting her out too soon.
-Want: 30%
She doesn't appeal to me.

Cranky:
-Chance: 5%
Stacked up against K. Rool and Dixie, I just don't see it happening.
-Want: 55%
People complain about Smash not having enough females or villains, but you know what Smash has none of? Old people.

Bonus:
Chance of a new DK character: 95%
Chance of 2 DK characters: 10%

Predictions:
Shulk: 68%
Mewtwo: 52%

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
King K. Rool:
Chances: 45%
Nintendo's track record on presenting this character since Rare was bought by Microsoft is what concerns me. Yes, he has appeared, but isnt presented the same as his villain counterparts. But then again, DKC has had less installments. And he does appear as the big bad in the King of Swing series.
Want: 5%
Dixie or Cranky all the way.

Dixie Kong:
Chances: 65%
I think Dixie's chances are better, but just on a hunch. If Retro had any input, I think she would go in before K. Rool.
Want: 90%
I would like her to be in the game.

Cranky Kong:
Chances: 1%
That 1% chance is due to his Tropical Freeze, and two worthy characters would need to make it in before he's even considered.
We need someone to show these whipper snappers some manners.

Predictions:
Mewtwo:
73.72%

Shulk:
51.67%

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
This round is difficult!

King K. Rool - 45%
Dixie Kong - 30%

I've historically been rating these two very close to each other, with a small edge being given to Dixie due to her higher importance to the franchise in recent years and cloneability. With Kremlings now appearing in Smash Run and Dixie failing to appear around the release of Tropical Freeze, it finally seems appropriate to give K. Rool a significant edge, but overall a drop in chance for the Donkey Kong games. The fact that neither one showed up around the release of Tropical Freeze is somewhat worrying, and Kremlings are iconic enough enemies to the series that their inclusion doesn't necessarily indicate K. Rool being playable. Also, frankly, there just isn't enough time left for reveals to reasonably believe both could appear. Overall I still like the chances of DK getting another character, but they're running out of time and, by extension, chance.
King K. Rool Want - 75% - I've got significant nostalgia for him, and he'd make for a fine villain to add. Cool character.
Dixie Kong Want - 90% - No real logic here, I just really like her as a character, even if she is clone material.

Cranky Kong - 0%
I'm going to be harsh here: if Cranky were to get in, he'd almost certainly be a surprise fourth DK character after Dixie or K. Rool, and considering we still don't even have a third with a Summer release not far off on the horizon, I think it's time to call it. R.I.P. Cranky, hope you and your cane make a fine trophy.
Want - 25% - Could be amusing, and I've got a bit of love for the character, but he'd be a pretty insulting pick over Dixie or K. Rool should that come to pass.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
This day is going to be depressing, but here goes:

K. Rool:

Chance: 80%
Definitely the most likely DK newcomer at this point. He has a lot of popularity both in the West and in Japan around the time that the roster was still being decided (look at ChronoBound's findings on the Japanese fanbase from about a year ago), he has a ton of moveset potential, and he is another villain, which the roster is severely lacking in. Relevancy is also not a problem for him because the Kremlings are in Smash Run. He has a good shot at being in.

Want: 80%
While he isn't my most wanted out of the potential DK newcomers, he has a distinct style that this game needs. He has a lot of moves that can be pulled from his boss fights in the DKC series, and he has the potential to be a very quirky heavyweight character. I think I want him in more to even out the DK representation rather than to use him myself, but I still think he should be in.

Dixie Kong:

Chance: 70%
I don't think she can be counted out just yet. If any series is getting 2 newcomers, it's DK, and Dixie is definitely the next in line. Dixie has starred in one of the SNES DKC games, she has a decent amount of popularity in both the West and Japan (again, look at ChronoBound's results), she was a prominent DK spinoff character last decade (even being playable in 3 Mario Sports games), and she had a recent role in Tropical Freeze that could potentially have boosted her priority and make her dodge time constraints if she was already planned for the roster. That being said, I believe that K. Rool has more priority in this. I'm staying a little pessimistic in order to keep myself from getting severely disappointed (this already happened with Brawl).

I have stated multiple times that Dixie is my most wanted newcomer. She was my favorite character in DKC2, a game that pretty much defined my childhood. Every time she ends up playable in a game, she is always the character I pick. If she ends up playable in Smash, I can see her being a small, nimble, aerial character who has plenty of hair attacks. A hair-based fighter have been done in a fighting game before (see Millia from Guilty Gear), but Smash still has yet to see one. It's mostly for personal reasons, but I would absolutely LOVE it if Dixie makes it into the roster (even in the worst-case scenario that Sakurai is lazy and resorts to making her a semi-clone of Diddy).

Cranky Kong:

Chance: 5%
He has to compete with not only K. Rool, but Dixie Kong as well. I don't think he has much of a chance. Tropical Freeze is too recent, and he didn't do much before then (he only had 1 playable appearance, and he was pretty much absent in the series after DK64). Funky Kong probably has more of a chance than Cranky, and that's saying something. Now, for an Assist Trophy, that's a completely different story. He would be perfect for a Resetti-style appearance where he ******* about the current era of Nintendo games and how he could kick everyone's ass without effort.

Want: 0%
Meh. I never used him in Tropical Freeze, and he just seems better suited for an AT. If he gets in over K. Rool and/or Dixie, I will be SEVERELY disappointed.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
King K. Rool: 80%

Dixie Kong: 35%

Cranky Kong: 1%

Sulk: 65.91%
Mewtwo: 81.58%

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
K.Rool: 77%
+The most popular character left not added
+Major DK villain
+KREMLINGS ARE BACK showing Sakurai does not have bias against them
+Dixie wasn't shown for Tropical Freeze
+DK series has increased in popularity and is in the mainstream again having 2 games and a 3DS port since Brawl
+Even more unique now that he's pretty much the biggest contender for heavyweight character
+Easy moveset potential
+DK series easily warrants 4 reps so even if Dixie or Cranky gets in he could too

-Dixie and Cranky have more recent appearances
-Hasn't shown up in a game since 2008

Most wanted character.

Dixie Kong: 55%
+Recent appearance in the DK series
+Multiple main roles in the DK series
+Easy semi-clone
+Could still be used to advertise Tropical Freeze
+DK series easily warrants 4 reps so even if K.Rool or Cranky gets in he could too
+DK series has increased in popularity and is in the mainstream again having 2 games and a 3DS port since Brawl

-Wasn't shown off the month or month after for TF
-Could be seen as too similar to Diddy Kong
-Moveset potential limited
-Cranky and K.Rool

Want: 75%
My first DK game was DKC3 and I love Dixie.

Cranky Kong: 10%
+Showed up in Tropical freeze as a playable character
+Cane could provide an interesting weapon to work with
+Staple of the DK series
+DK series easily warrants 4 reps so even if K.Rool or Dixie gets in he still has a chance

-Only been playable once in a main DK game
-Much less requested than K.Rool or Dixie
-Arguably less important than the other 2 as well even if he's the original DK
-Wasn't shown off the month or month after for TF

Want: 51%
I wouldn't be sad he got in, I'd just be sad for either Dixie or K.Rool cause this would mean one of them at least wouldn't be in.

Predictions:
Shulk: 45%
Mewtwo: 70% Cause people...

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
[collapse=pre-direct opinions]
Dixie:
Chance: 90%
K Rool:
Chance: 20%
Cranky: 50%
[/collapse]
Well, it's a good thing I wasn't here to rate these guys before, you would have all hated me :p

Now, for post-direct thoughts...
I now think 2 DK newcomers is much more likely.
In fact, unlike before when I was shaky on Cranky, I'm confident on Dixie AND K Rool.
And, until one is confirmed, as I don't know which one will be playable, I'm not going to significantly lower the other.
Dixie chance: 79%
I subtracted 11%.
K Rool is major competition for her now. Even though we could all get along in a peaceful world with both...
Anyways, we haven't seen a Tropical Freeze stage yet. And there's bound to be one. Almost completely sure of it.
I believe they're either going to wait to show it during her confirmation (like Greninja) or a month (or months) before her confirmation (Little Mac, Rosalina, Palutena)
I cannot see them passing up on some of the most beautiful DK levels of all time for a Smash stage, and I can't see them passing up the amazing soundtrack completely either...
We just got Greninja as a newcomer. Not only did K Rool's "too old" argument die in the direct, but Dixie's "too new" one did also.
Which, you think would raise her chances. But... the 3ds version is coming in Summer (which could mean September 20th btw)
And there goes another newcomer not from DK...
Hmmm...
I'm becoming less confident on everybody except Palutena and K Rool.
However, despite being so much more confident in him now...
K Rool chance: 65%
I added 45%
I still think Dixie is more likely. Barely more. But a bit more.
She was planned to be in Brawl, and then she returned to the series as the 3rd major Kong.
K Rool did neither of these things.
This isn't an argument against K Rool, but if Sakurai wanted to put him in Smash: why didn't retro freakin' put him in Tropical Freeze?
We'd all be on the K Rool 100% Hype Train if that was the case. But sadly, we got ice vikings.
Now, Kremlings/Kritters are basically the Goomba of DK, the main generic enemy. And well... a lot of those are in Smash Run.
From every series. And.... there's not many that could fit equally well...
After watching Gamexplain's recent discussion, I've been less HYPE and more of... what I think is realistic. The way the explained it just... kind of made sense to me.
Oh, and PS, I'm a supporter now. :)
K Rool want: 60%
I added 60%
Yes, I want K Rool in Smash now, and I'd be incredibly happy if he made it.
That being said, I'm sort of done with Cranky....
Not feeling it anymore, sorry.
Cranky chance: 10%
I subtracted 40%
Yea, I thought he was pretty likely before.
But they simply can't add the 4th Kong that's not very popular over the 3rd Kong that is very popular.
Dixie and Cranky are much easier to compare than Dixie and K Rool.
But now, it would just be a disappointment to see both Dixie and K Rool be left out for him. And many fans would be so pissed if both Dixie and Cranky got in and K Rool didn't, and on top of that, Ridley didn't. I do believe the sales for both versions would be lower if this is the case.
Do I still want Cranky?
Ehh... kind of... but I don't like the idea of him getting in over Dixie and K Rool...
Cranky Want: 30%
I subtracted 45%
He'd be almost done... but damn, Nintendo has made a REALLY big deal out of him lately.
Still can't believe the VGX reveal was Cranky Kong and not my beautiful HD Zelda (which is a sequel to Twilight Princess in my dreams)
He's still pretty cool though.

I've got a question: I can't tell if he's there in Jungle Japes or not, can anyone tell?
Anyways, could easily be a Tom Nook scenario where there cameo absence is explained by being part of a Final Smash or being an Assist Trophy.
Midna is gone. Rosalina is in. Palutena. Tiki is gone. My want for Ghirahim just raised a fabulous ton. And then, Dixie.
So, taking out all of the confirmations and deconfirmations... Dixie is my 3rd most wanted character. And my top 6 gets 100s...
Dixie Want: 100%
What can I say? I guess I like videogame girls that fight with their hair. ;)
And, like Diddy taking moves from Lanky... I'd like to see some references to the many great kongs throughout the series.
I think the most obvious one that she'd pull moves from is Tiny.
But seriously, add in some items you can use too, and you've got a great moveset. People underestimate her uniqueness, when it can be done so easily.
And it wouldn't seem like a cheap "out-of-nowhere" type moveset... I like a lot of the kongs, and I want to see them referenced more that just trophies and stickers. We can't play as all of them. So Sakurai can pull a Rosalina, taking all of what the playable characters can do in the set of games and pick the best moves for an overall unique moveset.
Seeing a reference to every K Rool boss fight ever in one moveset for him would also get me extremely hyped.

If Sakurai doesn't add a single DK newcomer, I'll be very disappointed.

All 3 of these have endless possibilities and could be tons of fun. That's why I'm pulling for 2 DK newcomers! Please, Sakurai!

I don't re-read what I write. It's pretty unorganized, I know, sorry. :p

Shulk: 70%
People thought he was overrated, Sal Romano says otherwise...

Mewtwo: 77%
6 characters per series please.

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
K. Rool: Chance- 85%
I'm fairly certain that K. Rool will make it in. I think the Donkey Kong series is the most ripe for another rep (and the only one ripe for two!), and I expect K. Rool is the most likely newcomer.
Want- 100%
I love K. Rool so much.

Dixie: Chance- 70%
If not K. Rool, then Dixie has great odds in his place.
Want- 100%

Cranky: Chance- 35%
Not likely at all but the odds aren't negligible.
Want- 100%
Donkey Kong is my favorite series and I would be absolutely ecstatic with any of these characters.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Cranky Kong
5% He isn't a totally unreasonable choice, but he would make an infinitely better Resetti-eqsue AT. He is historically important and a favorite of mine in DKC and DK64, two of my favorite games of all-time, but he is outclassed by the two other characters we are rating today.

Want 20% Any of these three gives us a much needed third DK rep, but I don't want to see senior citizen rep be the new "we need more females!" :p

Dixie Kong
42% The best thing she has going for her is not just Tropical Freeze, it is the fact that she was considered for Brawl, and Sakurai likes to revisit his ideas. This is so low because I don't see four DK reps as very likely, and KKR seems to be the more likely candidate. Her moveset pool keeps her from being a Diddy clone, but it isn't as full of potential as KKR. Rool is just better than everyway, including popularity, but it is possible Sakurai will go with the easy and weaker choice of Dixie, considering she does have her own set of pros.

Want 20% She would be a legitimate and deserving addition, but I can't see four DK reps, meaning she stole King K. Rool's spot.

King K. Rool
80% I never thought I would give my long-standing 2nd most wanted character such a high rating (seriously he's been my #2 like since Diddy was confirmed for Brawl, who was my #2 at that time) , but the lack of Dixie around Tropical Freeze + the Kremlings in Smash Run boost my confidence to an all-time high. I have never doubted the fact that Nintendo owned the Kremlings or the ability to use them. I mean, come on, they had trophies in Smash. What an ignorant argument. but I did often resent the fact that Nintendo for the most part ignores them, especially in the two most recent platformer titles. Sakurai, however, has always at least acknowledged them. I take the two Kremling variants in Smash Run as a potential hint toward KKR as a newcomer. Plus he has a vast amount of popularity worldwide. As a general blanket statement, he is probably the most universally wanted character among "hardcore" Nintendo fans, at least in my online experiences. and we always get at least a few "hardcore fan favorite" characters.

Want 100% Donkey Kong 64 was the first game that wasn't Pokemon that I beat, and as a child I spent about 300 hours playing it and hunting down every single Golden Banana. God, I love collectathons. DK64 was the game that made me realize there was more to gaming than Pokemon. When the Virtual Console became a thing, I experienced the original DKC trilogy, and loved them almost as much as DK64 that holds a place in my heart, and the demented and maniacal crocodile villain King K. Rool is one of the highlights of that wonderful four-headed experience. Only one character even slightly surpasses this level of potential hype for me.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I have come to a conclusion about myself; I love reptilian Nintendo characters. I am very excited about Charizard and Bowser's improvements in Smash 4, and my two most wanted characters are a pterodactyl-like space dragon and a robust crocodile king.

The weird thing is I don't even find real-life reptiles that fascinating. I've never once wanted a pet turtle/lizard/snake, and only had your average, mild obsession with dinosaurs as a kid.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
King K. Rool: 72% Chance / 90% Want
Outside of the Getmatsu leaked characters, I think he's the most likely because he really contrasts with the rest of them (villain and heavyweight). His major obstacle was getting noticed by Sakurai since Retro hates Kremlings, which succeeded in the Smash Run segment. I'd really like to see him become more modern because then Retro might actually want to use him (since all of Diddy's stuff in Returns was from Brawl, I don't think it's too far of a stretch).

Dixie Kong: 65% Chance / 85% Want
Doesn't contrast as well as K. Rool does, but still works really well and can stand out with her hair. Brawl data showed that Sakurai is aware of her abilities. She's also the most prominent Nintendo female remaining (yes, this includes Goddess Tuna).

Cranky Kong: 45% Chance / 85% Want
Dat pogo stick. I think it could provide a lot of unique options that Sakurai could flesh out. Plus I think he'd be a downright hilarious fighter between the cane and the denture gun.

I'm still trying to comprehend everyone giving Palutena at least a 70. I knew she was likely but dang. That's a lot.

Last edited:

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Dixie -
Chances: 78%
Dixie has been in the promotional spotlight with DK:TF and is a main character in DKC2 and DKC3. Along with her usual appearances in the DK series, she has also gotten several appearances in the Mario Sports spinoffs and was considered as a playable character during Brawl's development. Overall, Dixie is one of Nintendo's most iconic female protagonists. Having mostly playing DKC2 and Tetris Attack on my SNES growing up, I would be extremely pleased if Dixie made it into this entry in the Smash franchise.

King K. Rool -
Chances: 75%
Want: 70%
Being the main villain of the original DKC trilogy and 64, he's an iconic villain for many who've owned a SNES growing up. While he's taken a back seat in the newer games, he still commands a large amount of requests to be included in the Smash games. I believe it's inevitable we'll get a new DK rep this time and it's going to be either King K. Rool or Dixie. Because of Dixie's more recent appearances and the fact she was considered for Brawl, I've rated her slightly higher than him. While the Kremlings prove to detractors that Nintendo hasn't abandoned the Kremlings, they don't push K. Rool over Dixie in my eyes because they're also the enemies from the two games she starred in as well, giving them both an equal boost in chances. He wouldn't fit my playstyle, but I wouldn't mind King K. Rool.

Cranky -
Chances: 5%
Sorry Cranky, maybe after Dixie and K. Rool are in?

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I have come to a conclusion about myself; I love reptilian Nintendo characters. I am very excited about Charizard and Bowser's improvements in Smash 4, and my two most wanted characters are a pterodactyl-like space dragon and a robust crocodile king.

The weird thing is I don't even find real-life reptiles that fascinating. I've never once wanted a pet turtle/lizard/snake, and only had your average, mild obsession with dinosaurs as a kid.
Watch the double posting. The mods don't like that. Just a friendly reminder.

Shamurai Formerly

Sultan of Sham
NNID
shamuraiform
3DS FC
4871-5739-8819
K. ROOL

Chance: 85%
The one heavyweight per game trend, and I'm thinkin' K. Rool's gonna be our guy.

The only clean 100 I'll give out in this installment of the series. Take my money please.

DIXIE

Chance: 15%
It would blow my mind if she were the sole DK newcomer this game, because I don't see the series getting two. Would be higher if I weren't so confident in K. Rool.

Want: 8%
Not someone I want, but I'd be alright with her.

CRANKY

I don't seem Cranky having anything resembling a chance over K. Rool or Dixie.

Want: 20%
Probably wouldn't be someone I would want to main, but I'd definitely give him a go.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool: 10% chance
I honestly think he wont make it in. The most recent donkey kong games over the years have been straying away from the classic enemies I think its because rare has some rights over them.
10% because anything can happen.
Want: 50%. This game needs more enemy/Boss characters

To be honest I think Dixie and Cranky have an even less chance to appear than K. Rool I mean if they were going to be added because of the new game don't you think they would have been announced around its release date to influence sales?
Want: 0% for both

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think he wont make it in. The most recent donkey kong games over the years have been straying away from the classic enemies I think its because rare has some rights over them.

To be honest I think Dixie and Cranky have an even less chance to appear than K. Rool I mean if they were going to be added because of the new game don't you think they would have been announced around its release date to influence sales?
Microsoft doesn't own anything from the Donkey Kong series, although they thought they did after they bought Rare funnily enough:
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/3...ey-owned-donkey-kong-when-they-acquired-rare/

Both King K. Rool and various kremlings have appeared in the many spinoff Mario and DK titles on the Wii/DS. They also had trophies in Brawl. The reason they haven't shown up in the Retro titles is because Retro doesn't want to use them, not because they can't.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Rare sold Nintendo the rights to the Kremlings for Smash 4. And for King of Swing. And for Barrel Blast. And for Jungle Climber. And for Super Mario Strikers. And for Mario Strikers Charged. And for Donkey Konga. And for Mario Party 7. And for Brawl. And for Mario Superstar Baseball. And for Mario Super Sluggers. And for the DVD release of Donkey Kong Kong: He Came, He Saw, He Kong-Quered. And for the DVD release of Donkey Kong Country: Raiders of the Golden Banana. And for the DVD release of Donkey Kong Country: Kong-Fu. And for the iTunes releases of whatever the hell episodes of the Donkey Kong Country cartoon are on iTunes. And for the Japanese e-Shop release of Donkey Kong Land. And for the Japanese e-Shop release of Donkey Kong Land 2.

Wow, Rare is a really generous company. Thanks Rare!

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
King K. Rool:

Chance: 90%
I would be very surprised to not see him in at this point.

I like him, but he's at the bottom of my top 10.

Dixie:

Chance: 30%
I could see her being a semi-clone like Wolf was. But I don't see her getting in before K. Rool any day.

Want: 44%
Indifferent, basically, but I'd prefer a more unique newcomer if I had a choice.

Cranky:

Dark horse and nothing more. I just don't see it happening until the next SSB.

Want: Abstain
Eh. Not sure what I think of him, honestly.

Mewtwo: 75%
Shulk: 55%

Just throwing random numbers out, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom