• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Robin the tactician:

Likelihood: 11%
Just too much competition... He's behind Chrom, Roy, Lucina and EVEN Lyn on Shortie's poll. But he does have a contrasting appearance, and would be a unique inclusion, which can give him edge over Lucina, and possibly Chrom.

Want: 60%
I would actually like his inclusion. My pipe dream of FE7's tactician to be playable in some form would be fulfilled to an extent. :p

Sonic prediction: 92%
Nintendo and Sega's recent partnership has given people a lot of confidence on Sonic's return.

Nominations:
Porky x 5
Ashley (WarioWare) x 5

D

Deleted member

Robin's likelyhood : 35 %

People really, REALLY underrates him/her.

Want : 70 %

A second "avatar" character after the Villager and a much more original Fire Emblem character ?
Yes please.

EDIT : Forgot my prediction for Sonic : 90 %

Noms :
Shulk x6
Hades x4

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Robin

Chance - 20% - I don't see customization as an issue, just use the default choices, unless IS doesn't like making a cannon appearance. Sadly, Chrom and Lucina both seem to out prioritize him, a much bigger obstacle to overcome. He might stand a chance if Sakurai likes his magic combat, though.

Want - 50% - While I used to dislike the idea of an Awakening representative, now that I actually have the game, I can at least say that I won't mind The Tactician. He does have the ability to be fairly fun, though he doesn't really exited me at all. If he were to appear, I would probably go "*sigh*, fine," and then hope that one of my other two actually wanted Fire Emblem characters would appear.

Sonic Prediction - 90% - Some pessimism, but you'd have to be crazy to not give him at least 80%.

Nominations
Roy X5
Anna X3
Lip X2

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Robin

Chances: 10% Decent, he/she are important to Awakening and can also represent FE12's MU, but suffer from lack of popularity and want since Roy, Chrom, Lyn, Lucina, Micaiah and some other characters are prioritized over them.

Want: 0% Not a fan of the character.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Robin the Tactician
(For this post, I will refer to the Tactician as female)
Just a few things I want to point out first. Robin is popular in the context within her own game. Ranking second behind Lucina and third behind Chrom (Along with Gaius), she is a popular character. Additionally, as I've pointed out time and time again, newcomers aren't add purely on the basis on the most wanted, even in the franchises. Popularity gets a character to the door. It's other factors that get them in the game (or vice versa). Robin also has a class exclusive to her lineage; the first playable character in the series to have this class. A class which would rank pretty unique amongst all other FE smash characters, both veterans and all possible newcomers. There is not a single other viable character that uses wind, fire, and lightning magic other than maybe Celica (whose not really that viable).She also is only one of two characters perhaps in the series that use both swords and magic as their default weapon.

Additionally, Robin is one of three main characters in Fire Emblem Awakening, and not some side character. Both Chrom and her are the only character who trigger Game Over with their deaths, and the character plays a pretty significant role in the game. Her connection to the story and characters is very strong. She is literally the game's POV character. If you pick the right ending, the game actual begins and ends with her point of view.

With that said, there are quite a few barriers to her playability. There is her actual design, or more specifically the face. Which could easily be done by canonizing a default design, much like the Village. There is also a limited spaces on the rosters, which definitely lowers her chances, but that technically lowers every FE characters chances. As a main character in the game, there is no reason why she could not make it over Lucina and Chrom. If you believe that Sakurai's uniqueness quote has to do more with character selection rather than design philosophy, then that would also be in her favor. Unfortunately, I believe has more to do with design philosophy. So she still is on the unlikely side of character selection. But if the Avatar character becomes a recurring element in FE (much like the villager), that would make a strong case for Robin and increase her longevity. Unfortunately, at the present the tactician appears to be a one-shot character. Chrom and Lucina seem more likely as newcomers, so:
Likelihood: 15%

Want: 100%
I originally was one of her detractors, but what she represents in the series is greater than just a character. She represents the concept of tactics, and as Falkoopa pointed out, she is not the first tactician in the series. Her moveset could potentially be very interesting. She not only could do just swords or magic, but she could combine them together possibly. I would say she has the most unique possible moveset out of any FE character thus far.

Sonic Prediction: 91.34%. Sega and Nintendo's ongoing bromance will help the way people feel about Sonic's chances. Sonic and Mario fighting along with Mega Man has too much potential.
Music Suggestion: Reach for the Stars (Sonic Colors). I expect this song to be in any reveal video, much like SA2's Live and Learn. Sonic Colors proved that Sonic can work in 3D, and that he also works best on a Nintendo console (as crazy as that sounds).

Nominations:
Star Man (Pro Wrestling) x 5
Akari Hayami x 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
My Unit/Avatar/Robin/Tactician - 2.5% for reasons everyone else has already stated - competition not only with his own series, but also other customizable characters, including one who is already on the roster, Villager.

predict - 86.5%

Ryu x5 Victini x5

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Robin
Likelihood: 10% I don't see him getting in over Chrom or even Lucina.
Want: 60% I'd prefer Chrom, but Robin could have a really cool moveset

Sonic: 85%

Duck Hunt Dog x5

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Robin:

Chances: 11-25%
Robin certainly offers more in terms of unique gameplay than Chrom, but is often considered the secondary main character. Though, due to spoiler-y things, that I won't mention here, Robin really seems almost more important to the story. I would say slightly less of a chance than Chrom being playable. But I suppose it's possible that they both make it in (or neither). A playable Tactician would also represent the series well.

My most wanted FE Newcomer. If I had to choose between Robin and Chrom, I would pick Robin every time. Robin offers Magic and Swords and has the potential to Rep every class in FE:A (minus Lord). Robin has a much larger pool of moveset possibilities than Chrom, Lucina, Lyn, Roy or pretty much any other FE rep.

Sonic Prediction: 93%

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Ok, been preparing my body all day for the hate this character would get, here goes
(epic background music)

Robin
Chances 33%
That's right, a third of a chance. I take it for granted Awakening will get a playable character, and it's Robin, Chrom or Lucina. I am aware of Chrom and Lucina both having more want and popularity, but Robin still has certain key advantages over them. I used to think Chrom was the given for Smash, but more and more I'm drawn towards Robin, for the following reasons:

- The Villager character. Most people thought/knew the animal crossing rep, if it happened, would be Tom Nook and people even argued that it'd be because he was a constant character while the main one was just an avatar. Sakurai came in, and tore that argument to shreds by including the avatar with the argument "He's the one you actually play as."

- This leads to the point that in a considerable amount of games in the FE series, you're the tactician of the group. You're the leader who even the lord trusts to decide correctly and keep everyone from dying. It's almost like Pokemon ... yes, the pokemon/units are the stars of the show and the ones to get mechandise and attention and love all over the world, but when it comes down to it, you're the pokemon trainer/tactician, and as a KEY element of the series, it bears representation.

- Awakening did something completely different and made the tactician character, the one that represents you, a character in the field. And boy was it given justice. Even though it's an avatar and you make the decisions and even choose appearance, it's still a character, and a deep one at that. The true heart of the story in Fire Emblem, more than Chrom's lineage and the future and all that, is Robin's true identity and how that connects to the future of the entire world, and the game culminates with Robin's decision on how to save the world. A lot of people here derive her character to not having a personality, to being irrelevant and on Owain level, to not be as important to the story, etc etc. ... Well, to them I ask to actually play the game. Chrom and Lucina are merely the royal connection; Robin is the star.

- Diversity. Sakurai has made it so clear that one of his criteria on including characters is "What can this character bring to the series that no other character can?" And frankly, that's what killed it for Chrom and Lucina for me. Yes, they could be given spears, different classes, tag team gameplay, etc., but when you boil down to it, it's just more Fire Emblem sword users with blue hair. That's their essence. Even the publicity of the game was all about the Chrom vs. Marth fight. They both even have the same sword. So tell me this ... why do people argue against Dixie Kong being less unique than K. Rool, but when it comes to Fire Emblem, **** it, let's just have more swords? It makes no sense to me, and I can only assume it boils down to either Fire Emblem hate or just plain bias towards wanting the lords in the game, whether it's Chrom or Roy or whoever else.
Meanwhile, Robin can bring SO MUCH of the series with her. We're talking about magic ... did you guys know magic is a huge thing in Fire Emblem? Considering she's the strategist, we could even bring in assists from other units in the game, or to simplify animations just give her the main draws of other units ... a pegasus helps you recover, a wyvern intercepts a recovery, a dance increases your motivation, a staff heals you, a stone summons a manakete or taguel ... It BAFFLES ME, why people want more characters with movesets based on swords and not this. As a Fire Emblem fan, and as a Smash fan, I don't get how people could be so boring to ask for more of the same and not something completely different. Just because of popularity.

- And last, even though people complain about her being just an avatar and having no official look ... Was that a problem with the Villager? Heck no, and if anything, Sakurai choosing a specific look for the Villager has now led to him becoming an icon of Smash. It wouldn't be hard to choose a standard look for the avatar, and just change the hair and tones for palette swaps. Definitely not a problem that would detract.
And really, why would Sakurai think "nah, we already have one player's avatar, I don't want two." This is a made up limitation, and while it may affect taste there's no evidence it would affect chances.

If it isn't obvious already, I want Robin to be the Fire Emblem rep so badly. I love the series, and no one else does it as much justice.

Prediction:
Sonic
97% He's BFF with Mario, no reason for him to leave. I'd be surprised if many people thought differently.

Nominations:
x10 Porky Minch

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Robin - 15%
Want - 0%

Don't know why they would get in over Chrom (even though in-game they stole the story spotlight from him). Personally though, I'm in the boat that Robin ruined Awakening's story and character development and was a downgrade from Chris.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Robin: 40% I've talked a lot about this character and as school is starting up again this year, my free time is dwindling so I'm just going to keep it short. I have my reasons.
Want:100000% (in case it wasn't clear)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Robin:
Chance - 32%
Want - 69%

Sanic Sonic:
Prediction - 86%

Nominations:
Layton x7
Muddy Mole x3

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Robin:

Likelihood: 15% - I'm really not familiar with Fire Emblem, but it looks like he's kinda popular and important, so...

Want: 0% - Don't care

Sonic: 94%

Nominations:
Primid x7
Blaziken x3

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
35% Frankly even if he isn't high on the popularity poll you bet your ass he can bring a lot more stuff to the table then say, Roy, or Chrom, I'd be surprised if ****ing Lyn could bring something better. Awakening has proven more then deserving of a rep and though Chrom can be seen as more likely I could see Sakurai seeing a lot more potential for a character with Robin and his/her role is prominent, to the story he/she's quite possibly more important then Chrom and certainly more important then Lucina
Want: 100% my most wanted Fire Emblem character that actually makes sense
Sonic: 93% He's not going any where, though I'm sure a lot of these guys don't see it that way.

Nomz: EDIT: I didn't notice the extra nominations XD
Mr. Game And Watch x6
Omastar x2
Wonder Red/"Wonder-Eyes" x2

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Robin: 8%
The competition is so steep that it's almost monumentally unlikely that he'll get in over the much more popular choices.
Want: 30% I don't like generic avatar characters but this one at least has lots of moveset potential.

Sonic: 84.2%

10x Impa

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Robin
Likelihood:13% - He/she has so much competition among other FE characters.
Want: 15% - I haven't played any Fire Emblem games, but apparently Robin can do magic or something along with fighting with a sword, so that would be breath of fresh air for a FE rep. Also, he/she doesn't have blue hair like Marth. Ike, Chrom, and Lucina :p. However, I'd still prefer Ike.

Sonic: 94% He's pretty likely to return, but hopefully with a more interesting moveset this time.

Nominations:
Porky x5
Snake x5

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Robin
Chance: 15% I realize alot people want him, but it's a stretch.
Want: 9% There are lots of other better FE reps to choose from imo.

Nominations: Nintenx7
Lynx3

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
You guys know we get +10 nomz today, right?

Robin Want: 10% Don't really like him because he's so bland.

Chances: 20%
I really doubt it when Chrom and Lucina exist.

Nomz: +10 Mach Rider

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
TACTICIAN/ROBIN

Chance: 35%
I mean why not? There's a VILLAGER, a WII FIT TRAINER, a POKEMON TRAINER, and I'm sure other "generic-like" characters will get in. Now Robin is his own man / her own gal, but they're still kind of like representing the player's avatar.
I think Robin is AS likely as Chrom because to be honest.. I'm seeing Sakurai taking a huge twist as far as gameplay implementation goes.
Having a 3rd swordsman from the very same series, is not only redundant, and potentially boring, but also doesn't represent the franchise quite as well.

Robin, with a moveset that commands other units OR a swappable fighting style would bring the tactical/strategic part of Fire Emblem into SSB.
But the biggest competition here might be Roy, then Lyn or Chrom, in my honest opinion.

Want: 95%
I know I'm not a HUGE supporter of Fire Emblem because there are other franchises that deserve to be at least aknowledged. But I know this... If any other playable character is included from said game, it HAS to be somebody that better encompases what it really is about. Just like Pokemon Trainer is about switching pokemon and changing your strategy, so should ROBIN bring something similar, yet unique, to the table.
Otherwise, I'd feel as if Sakurai is just telling me that Fire Emlbem is a hack & slash game (which of course it isn't).

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
First off, some Sonic music:

I'll be honest, I really don't like the modern Sonic music with the lyrics and everything. Most of it just seems like cheesy pop music, while the old Genesis games have a more funky personality and have some truly classic 16-bit tracks. Here are some that didn't appear in Brawl, but would make excellent additions if they did:

Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic 2)
Star Light Zone (Sonic 1)
Ice Cap Zone (Sonic 3)
Flying Battery Zone (Sonic & Knuckles) + remix by Jivemaster - rAAw Battery
Lava Reef Zone (Sonic & Knuckles) + remix by Jivemaster - Lava Reach
Spring Yard Zone (Sonic 1)

Anywho, I apparently got some stuff about how Robin works wrong.

Whoops. My main point still stands - Robin has a more diverse set of moves to draw from. But if we should view "swords and magic" as the default move set for her, then I guess it's actually LESS unique than I thought. More unique than Chrom or Lyn or whatever, of course. The Tactician aspect itself seems likely to only be represented as part of a Final Smash, since directing others in battle would be hard to use for anything else. There are still other swords and magic type characters that are possible. It's sad that none of the FE reps considered possible are axe or spear users or the like. But perhaps she'd still be more fitting as a character that draws from all FE classes than Chrom or Lucina would. It doesn't really change my rating much though, since I was already rating primarily on the basis of popularity.
- The Villager character. Most people thought/knew the animal crossing rep, if it happened, would be Tom Nook and people even argued that it'd be because he was a constant character while the main one was just an avatar. Sakurai came in, and tore that argument to shreds by including the avatar with the argument "He's the one you actually play as."
That would be more convincing if not for the fact that the other characters suggested are also playable.
- This leads to the point that in a considerable amount of games in the FE series, you're the tactician of the group. You're the leader who even the lord trusts to decide correctly and keep everyone from dying. It's almost like Pokemon ... yes, the pokemon/units are the stars of the show and the ones to get mechandise and attention and love all over the world, but when it comes down to it, you're the pokemon trainer/tactician, and as a KEY element of the series, it bears representation.
Yeeeeah but when you actually play Pokemon, the Pokemon aren't the stars of the story-line per se. Chrom and Lucina and Roy definitely are star protagonists of the story. Pokemon are important to the story, but they're mainly being acted on rather than being shown as protagonists with agency, if you get what I mean.

The purpose and effect of the avatar-type unit is different in the two games, I would suggest. In Pokemon, it's because you are the Pokemon Trainer. It wouldn't work without him/her. You're not pretending to be a Pokemon. The game is about collection, you need to be the collector. In Fire Emblem, it's a way of putting the player in the game but without forcing them to embody the true protagonists, who have their own personalities. It's like putting you as a ground level observer in their story. That isn't really necessary, but it allows the narrative to be structured differently and some more freedom with the protagonists' stories.
The true heart of the story in Fire Emblem, more than Chrom's lineage and the future and all that, is Robin's true identity and how that connects to the future of the entire world, and the game culminates with Robin's decision on how to save the world.
So I'll admit that I don't know the answer to this question. But while Robin is important to the story, how much is she just your avatar, rather than her own character?

I mean, Link in most of his games flat out doesn't have personality. Nothing against him, I love Link. Yes, he has family members and relationships that make him more, but that doesn't give him a personality. He doesn't demonstrate an angry or happy or quirky personality, he just does what you tell him to do. Wind Waker is one of the ones where he gets more personality because he has story interactions where he acts independently of what you tell him to do, he has an expressive face and so forth. Just because he's important to the story doesn't mean he has a personality. But Link isn't the primary representative of the series on the basis of personality.
- Diversity. Sakurai has made it so clear that one of his criteria on including characters is "What can this character bring to the series that no other character can?" And frankly, that's what killed it for Chrom and Lucina for me. Yes, they could be given spears, different classes, tag team gameplay, etc., but when you boil down to it, it's just more Fire Emblem sword users with blue hair. That's their essence. Even the publicity of the game was all about the Chrom vs. Marth fight. They both even have the same sword. So tell me this ... why do people argue against Dixie Kong being less unique than K. Rool, but when it comes to Fire Emblem, **** it, let's just have more swords? It makes no sense to me, and I can only assume it boils down to either Fire Emblem hate or just plain bias towards wanting the lords in the game, whether it's Chrom or Roy or whoever else.
Well, you'll note that I gave her a higher score in want than I did any of the other FE characters, mostly for that reason.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Robin:
Chance: 10%
I'm not sure why, but I feel like Robin being in will require two models each with multiple palette swaps, and two sets of voice recordings unless they pick a gender. Not entirely sure what they'd do with such a customizable character, but I guess s/he could be pretty much anything that Marth and Ike/Roy/Chrom aren't. However I still feel s/he's less likely than Chrom as a newcomer.

Want: 35%
I'm a big ol' Roy supporter so I'm a little bias. That being said, I'm sure Robin would be a far more interesting Fire Emblem rep than just another swordsman. I'm a little interested about what they'd do with such a flexible character too.

Sonic: 95.3%
If we're getting third parties other than Megaman, Sonic's bound to be one of them.

Ten votes eh?
5 X Roy
5 X Meowth

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Robin
Want: 5%
I'm not really interested in him/her. Too bland for my liking.

Sonic: 90%
Sega would definitely want to showcase their primary mascot in the next Smash.

NOMINATIONS:
10x Skull Kid

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
So I'll admit that I don't know the answer to this question. But while Robin is important to the story, how much is she just your avatar, rather than her own character?

Fire Emblem as a series tends to have a rule. The more important a character is, the blander his/her personality will be. Robin does have interactions with other characters (Actually, more interactions than any other character in the game.) and everything, but his/her personality is admittedly kinda generic. But really, Chrom's about on the same level of generic-ness. Both of them are pretty much just hard-working hero types. Robin's a bookworm and a genius, and Chrom's a bit more hot-headed, and he eventually learns to be a more rational leader. Nothing ground-breaking. If you want a Fire Emblem: Awakening character with an endearing personality, you'd have to look at the less important characters. Like Owain, or Tharja. Regardless, Robin is definitely his/her own character, in personality. Don't get me wrong, I love the character and want her in, but more for gameplay potential than amazing personality.

PkRockin

Smash Rookie
Robin

He has a lot going against him, Chrom, Lucina, and Roy are much more likely to get in.

Want: 40%
I don't really want him instead of the other possible outcomes, but he could be interesting

Sonic Prediction:83%
With Sega releasing Sonic: Lost world for only Nintendo consoles and fan support, I could see him getting in easily

Noms:
MR G&W: 5
Ashley (WarioWare): 5

Groose

Smash Champion
First off, some Sonic music:

I'll be honest, I really don't like the modern Sonic music with the lyrics and everything. Most of it just seems like cheesy pop music, while the old Genesis games have a more funky personality and have some truly classic 16-bit tracks. Here are some that didn't appear in Brawl, but would make excellent additions if they did:

Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic 2)
Star Light Zone (Sonic 1)
Ice Cap Zone (Sonic 3)
Flying Battery Zone (Sonic & Knuckles) + remix by Jivemaster - rAAw Battery
Lava Reef Zone (Sonic & Knuckles) + remix by Jivemaster - Lava Reach
Spring Yard Zone (Sonic 1)

Thanks for the help. I do have a ton of Crush 40 stuff planned too... Sonic music is among the best. :3

I never said that. I just said that it's funny that one page is full of negativity towards him/her, and then the next page is full of support for him. It'd be even funnier if the next page was full of negativity as well.
Eh, this page is getting pretty negative as it goes along.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I never said that. I just said that it's funny that one page is full of negativity towards him/her, and then the next page is full of support for him. It'd be even funnier if the next page was full of negativity as well.
I was mostly commenting on one of the largest arguments for people that give Robin lower scores :p which I guess doesn't relate too much to your comment but still, to anybody who put him down as 1% hah! Maybe I'm overestimating with 35% but for such an important character from a game that's almost a shoe-in for a rep that's a bit understated XD

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Thoughtful questions
For the first two, I guess it depends on how you see the games themselves. The way I'm thinking about it, in Fire Emblem you don't "play" per se as the characters. The whole premise, and what some games in the series make clear by making you a tactician of the group, is that you're simply guiding them. You see the field of battle and you tell Henry to go to this place near the enemy and attack, then you tell Lissa to go next to Henry and heal him, etc etc. You're directing and the units do as you command, and hoping that your orders don't get them killed.
Hence my pokemon comparison, since in Pokemon you direct them to do what you say and you never really play as them, unless it's Mystery Dungeon, but that's another thing.

As for the next question: Robin does have a personality, and it's one we get to see in support conversations. I don't recall much of the support conversations myself, but we do get an idea of the character appreciating knowledge and the search for it, of her valuing the lives of the fighters over a victory, and we also see the character actively struggle with the main plot twist about her origin, a character arc completed upon completion of the final chapter (and in that I disagree with Guyintheface, but who knows, maybe femRobin got more interesting supports? I don't know.) I would say in that sense she's less of an avatar in the conventional sense, at least compared to previous cases in the series in which you were a tactician in the group (FE7 comes to mind.)

And the last part, I don't mean to personally attack people for not giving her huge scores, it's lack of knowledge and indifference that I was trying to correct, and I think everyone here can agree that you of all people are not a victim of that.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Fire Emblem as a series tends to have a rule. The more important a character is, the blander his/her personality will be. Robin does have interactions with other characters (Actually, more interactions than any other character in the game.) and everything, but his/her personality is admittedly kinda generic. But really, Chrom's about on the same level of generic-ness. Both of them are pretty much just hard-working hero types. Robin's a bookworm and a genius, and Chrom's a bit more hot-headed, and he eventually learns to be a more rational leader. Nothing ground-breaking. If you want a Fire Emblem: Awakening character with an endearing personality, you'd have to look at the less important characters. Like Owain, or Tharja. Regardless, Robin is definitely his/her own character, in personality. Don't get me wrong, I love the character and want her in, but more for gameplay potential than amazing personality.
I think the main reason Robin has so many support convo's is to showcase the personalities of other characters. Robin just sort of responds how anyone would when put into these conversations that are really about the other character's habits and interests.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I think the main reason Robin has so many support convo's is to showcase the personalities of other characters. Robin just sort of responds how anyone would when put into these conversations that are really about the other character's habits and interests.
Yeah, I would think allowing Robin to marry anyone would just be the somewhat lazy way to allow every character you can play as in fire emblem to have a support conversation.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Yeah, I would think allowing Robin to marry anyone would just be the somewhat lazy way to allow every character you can play as in fire emblem to have a support conversation.
Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was thinking might be going on.

Anywho, I've been convinced that I was too harsh before. So I bumped her up to 4%. Because I'll still be pretty surprised if she gets in over Chrom and Roy and the others, and my rating has to reflect that. They are the heirs presumptive, and I still think the two of them together take up most of the probability. And because I give lower scores than most of the other people. People giving her 30-40% who gave high scores to Ike, Chrom, Roy and Lucina are implying that we're probably going to see four Fire Emblem characters, which I would be quite surprised to see.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Robin
Chance: 2% - I'm a lot more pessimistic about Robin's chances. Chrom, Lucina, and Ike are far more popular in their own right.
Want: 60% - Can be increased to 100% if he/she is somehow customizable, but I doubt that will happen. :(

Sonic prediction 88%

Nominations: Professor Layton x10.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Robin: I am really tired of FE characters even if we didnt rate one in a while...

Chance: 1%
...Ok...so there's Roy, Lyn, Chrom, and Lucina all have a MUCH better chance then this...

Want: .01%
I want to go lower...

Prediction for Sonic: 94.66%

Nominations
Sylveon x10 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom