• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Nah it's fine, I'll let people do whatever they want to Nintendog's chances. It's alot of fun to watch people not take this game seriously. xD
I'm taking this dead seriously. I give 0% because I have enough evidence to give that, in my eyes.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Woof Woof:

Chance: 0%
Yap, Grrrr!

Woof: 0%
Bow Wow!

Tingle:

Chance: 11%
I see Zelda with a decent chance of getting another rep, but not quite 50%... and while Tingle is popular in Japan and Europe... Tetra is more so, so Toon Zelda wins out. Tingle needs a really exciting play style to get in over her toony highness, and I'm just not seeing it... but Sakurai might, and then there's always his troll nature possibly just throwing a generic tingle at us and laughing.

Want: 25%
I really like the guy, and his solo games... but I don't see what he could add to the game, or even how he'd be much fun...
Sorry old Chap.

Ganon: 5.3%
I'm assuming this does not include a Ganon final smash? I don't see why they'd go through the effort of making a Ganon move set when Ganondorf himself needs so much tweeking (see re-writing) to fit his Canon role.

Slime*5
(If goo want a character goo can bring uniqueness, I can surp-ainly think of one.)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I see.
I simply want this day to end already. :p
Were getting pretty closer to having Cranky Kong on top of the nominations list, 25 nominations each day for the ol monkey! (Someone help the cause, if you don't want to nominate, at least give them to Cranky Kong)

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
nintendo dog: 0%
isn't he a stage and assist trophy? doesn't that make him deconfirmed or something...
want 10%
i like puppies, but i don't want to beat one up though>_<
tingle 5%
i don't think he really even has a chance...
want 0
ew.........
ganon 1%
isn't ganondorf already in?
amaterasu+5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Beast Ganon as a Final Smash attack+transformation a la Samus/Zero Suit Samus would be pretty awesome.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I enjoyed this day, had a serious field day.

Groose

Smash Champion
Nintendog Chance: 0% (aka the chance that Mike Vick ever goes a full season without injury)

-Animal Cruelty. This would be a major debacle.
-Difficulty to implement. Being bipedal isn't a necessity, but it does help. Especially when you don't have vines to grab items with.
-Already incorporated. We have a stage with a hazard and an Assist Trophy. This is probably what they felt would be fitting.

Nintendog Want: 0%
Sorry, guys, but I'd rather have a cooler character. Nintendog is, well... a puppy. A puppy. Just because Nintendo created a photorealistic puppy does not mean that it deserves to be considered an All-Star. The games are good, I've tried them, but that doesn't mean one of them should get into Smash Bros.

Tingle Chance: 15%
Last time we rated him, I think I gave him a 25%, which was a bit above the average. I honestly thought Toon Link would be cut at the time, however. Now... well... I don't think he's going to be cut. As such, I find it less likely that we'll get a Zelda newcomer as a whole and I also see a major boost to Toon Zelda's chances. Ugh. Rosalina's revelation also puts a bit of a damper on his possible appearance; they have shown that they are not averse to putting in newer characters. Even with all of this, however, you have to account for Tingle having three games under his belt and having three major roles in Zelda games. I could see it happening, but I don't think it will.

Tingle Want: 100%
He's one of my favorite potential characters out there. He has potential for zaniness... and he would draw a very, very strong reaction. All in all, I'm ranking him in my Top 10 Wanted Newcomers.

Toad x5

Beast Ganon: 6.74%
I don't think he'll do well... but he could get a bit of support.
DAY OVER
GROOSE IS BACK

Groose

Smash Champion
Nintendog (Nintendogs)
0.30% chance
11.13% want

Chancellor Cole? Sorry, but you're still in last place. Nintendog defeated Cole, Omastar, and Yarne in chance, mostly thanks to BluePikmin's outlier rating. Even without BluePikmin's rating, however, Nintendog would still have beaten Cole. In terms of want, Nintendog defeated only Cloud, Cole, Ninten, and Primid. Just a bad day overall for the pup, eh?

Tingle (Legend of Zelda)
13.31% chance (previously 15.59%)
23.13% want (previously 25.85%)

Tingle! Tingle! Kooloo-limpah! Become... worseinratingsthanbefore! Tingle floundered and dropped roughly 2% in both chance and want. Ouch. This is probably the last we'll see of this guy on RTC, because it's clear that he is only destined for failure here.

After rating the most hated Zelda character of them all... how about we switch to one of the most loved? Today we're rating Ganondor---- OH SHOOT, WHAT IS THIS!?!?!

Today we're rating the chance of Beast Ganon. You know, any form of Ganondorf that is in the shape of a hulking monster. When we rate the chances of characters, we rate the chances of them getting their own movesets or roster slots; if Ganon makes it in as a Down B (think Sheik) or permanent transformation of Ganondorf (think Zero Suit), then it still counts as making it in; however, a temporary transformation like Wario Man or Giga Bowser is not counted. So, with that in mind, please rate Ganon in chance and want.
WARNING! CHALLENGER RE-APPROACHING! ROY'S OUR BOY! ROY'S OUR BOY! ROY'S OUR BOY! Our boy Roy is coming by for his third rating. Please rate Roy in chance and want today.
Tomorrow we're rating Blaziken. Please predict Blaziken's score in tomorrow's game. Note: Blaziken appearing as a part of a Hoenn Trainer with its own moveset counts as appearing in the game. The extra noms go to Erimir today.

D

Deleted member

Ganon and Roy have been added to this post.
If anyone said anything on Roy's days, I recommend that you check back to them.

Ganon
Chance: 1%
Yes, he is an incarnation of Ganon and he is one of the most popular villains. However, Ganondorf is good enough to represent Ganon. I don't feel the need to explain too much as I find Ganon would remain Ganondorf's Final Smash. I don't think Sakurai would feel the need to scrap a character and replace him with another form of him on the roster.
Want: 0%
GanonDORF is my favorite villain of all-time. While Ganon is the beast form of Ganondorf, I don't think that I will be happy knowing Ganondorf got cut for Ganon.

Roy
Chance: 70%
Yeah, it's a big boost. I think that I slightly underestimated Roy. I have studied and studied that thread where Chronobound stated what characters the Japanese want. Roy is among one of the most requested characters not only in Japan, but also worldwide. He's still beat by Mewtwo, but he is still highly wanted. The consensus among fans is that they either don't care for Roy getting cut or they greatly miss him. I have given him 40% higher than my previous rating and the reason is because of a single development: Marth getting confirmed.
In Japan, Marth promoted a different Fire Emblem game on his page. In America, he promotes Fire Emblem: Awakening. What does this mean? Well, it could mean that Marth would represent Fire Emblem: Awakening; a role that could be easily given to Chrom. However, Chrom is still hefty competition. While he isn't as wanted as Roy, Chrom has the benefit of being the recent lord of the most popular Fire Emblem game.
I believe that Ike will return, so it's a fight between these two for now. Whoever makes it in is determined in Sakurai's hands.
Want: 10%
However, my want has waned down by 35%.
To be honest, when Roy got cut, I wasn't affected too much. It felt weird to me that he wasn't there, but I simply don't care for Roy or any other Fire Emblem character. (except for Marth, Ike, and anyone that can offer something new in terms of gameplay) Out of the Melee cuts, I was upset that Mewtwo got cut. Roy? I didn't care as much. I also don't see his appeal to be honest. This 10% is mostly reflective of the nostalgia that I would have for Melee.
Did I also mention that Roy's not my boy, but Knuckles is?

Blazkien Prediction: 5.92%
No idea what to expect.

Nominations: Decloned Ganondorf 5x

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Oh, another day, another HELLO LESS PESSIMISM!
Nintendog (Nintendogs)
0.30% chance
Oof, just off by .1%!

Blue Ganon- He's feeling Blue.

I'm rating Ganon of Multiple Scales today, so today is done differently.

Ganon as a Transformation: Ganon becomes a transformation of G-Dorf.

Chances: This is the much less likely scenario. G-Dorf is likely to remain his own seperate character at this point.

Ganon as a Alternate Character: G-Dorf either comes alongside with a new, classic Ganon, or Ganon replaces G-Dorf.

Chances: This is a tad more likely. We're more likely to see replacements in some areas of Smash than new characters. There's already a Toon Link, so it's not likely we get a seperate Ganon, but more likely we get a new Ganon and G-Dorf is gone entirely.

Overall... Sadly, it's not too likely. Ganondorf is crucial and shouldn't be changed in many people's eyes. But there's a shot there. 3.5%.

Want: The Hype. It brought you here. See....

I actually want this. Like, I think this is cool. I've always been a fan of Classic Ganon moreso than G-Dorf, and not just because of this immortal quote. I've got a few reasons for why this is the case.

Let's take a look at Ganon. Specifically the Blue one, not the cheesy, CD-I Horror Film one.

To me, this appearance is far more fitting in Smash. Why do I think so?
-Blue. Lots of it. He's a weird and unique character with a crazy appearance. Fits in more than a darker styled G-Dorf.
-The Trident. Does anyone else in Nintendo that happens to be in Smash use one of these? G-Dorf is for now, just a clone of Falcon (Semi-Clone in Brawl.) Unlike G-Dorf, Blue Ganon can have a unique moveset.

Overall... Unique appearance, Unique potential, overall, I think he fits in much better than Ganondorf, but it's not very likely. Still, would love to see this. 78.00%.

Roy's Our Boy! In Project M.

Pros!
+Massive Fan Following in some areas
+Veteran
Cons!
-Other Fire Emblem Characters that aren't Blue Lords with Swords that have potential exist now, unlike in Melee.
-Awakening.
-Other FE Games that brought along people like Ike are taking away Roy's chances

Overall... In the past, Roy had a shot. But more and more are becoming a tad less interested with this Red Lord, with a sword. But he has a strong following still. 64%.

Want: I didn't rate Roy before, but it would have been really high. Since that time, I've had a bigger change in thought. Specifically, Anna and Robin. No, not the Fire Emblem Awakening Week sorts. Actual characters with actual potential. So, as a result, my want has dwindled to a smaller 22%.

Mega Speed Boost is Too OP for you.

Blaziken: I'll rate it in depth tommorrow, but now I'm predicting overall...

Blaziken is interesting, but it'd just be a case to go, "Hey, Mega Pokemon!" Which is solved by Lucario and Mewtwo already. The focus on the Kanto starters also seems to point towards no new Hoenn Trainer, blame X and Y. 5.3%.

Nominating Extensive Alternate Costumes X5- Anyone wanna give me a hand here?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
OUR BOY ROY: 55% Giving him a slight edge over Chrom for now
WANT: 100%
Beastdorf: 5%
Want: 50%
SPEED BOOSTING: 2.1%
Nominate:
Chrom x 5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I've never seen Brawler's compilation post before, and wow that's useful! I like how my want rating between the two previous Roy days was the same but my rating was much higher the second time simply because I didn't bother looking up my previous rating. Interesting...

Ganon - 5%
Here's a pick I hadn't considered too seriously in the past, but upon further reflection, I think this is up there in terms of Zelda possibilities. Zelda is a series that is in an awkward spot for Smash because, despite its absurd popularity, very few characters appear more than a couple games, and the few that do have some wildly different variations. That's why, after Melee brought us the full trio of Triforce wielders, the fourth Zelda rep was...a second Link. Brawl had a similar issue, replacing Link #2 with Link #3 instead of delving into the deep pool of minor Zelda characters. Already for SSB4 we know that Link will again have two versions, and common wisdom would suggest Zelda and Ganondorf will reprise their roles, so what does that mean for a potential fifth Zelda character?

Well, it seems that alternate versions of the main three are the best candidates, and if Toon Zelda/Tetra are the obvious frontrunners, Ganon is the dark horse. I think it's fair to say Ganondorf is by far the most popular version of the character, but with Ganon being an icon of the Zelda games of old that has very recently seen a new game in Link Between Worlds, and Ganon being a very, very different fighter than Ganondorf, he could really stand out among Zelda candidates. I'm not going to say he has a big chance simply because he'd be a lot more work to implement than TZ/T, but I'd say he has a real chance, especially in a post-Rosalina world where uniqueness seems to be a big benefit.

Want - 50% - I'd much prefer TZ/T, but he'd be a really curious addition if given the chance.

Roy - 10%
So apparently I rated him at 10% the first time and 30% the second, and, looking back, I think I was right the first time, and that might be overrating him somewhat. Sure, there's a chance Roy sneaks into the roster due to prevalent Melee nostalgia and ease of implementation, but it's far more likely that Chrom or Lucina appears to represent the wildly successful Awakening, and, considering our SSB4 newcomers, Roy adding so little to the roster seems to actively work against him. Basically counts on Sakurai and company being lazy to get into the game, and I highly doubt he gets so lucky.
Want - 0% - He was fine in the Melee days, but nowadays, I'd far rather see a character from all the popular Fire Emblem games since then.

Blaziken Prediction - 2.3%
My long-time dream Smash character, but I think most would agree the chances are poor.

Nominations
Cranky Kong x5

D

Deleted member

I've never seen Brawler's compilation post before, and wow that's useful!
Glad to see that it was useful to you! I bet it will be useful to you and to everyone else when we get to re-rating Krystal and Bandana Dee once again (which isn't too far off).

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ganon

Chance - .99% - Yeah, he may have some sort of vague chance, but I don't think it'll amount to anything in the end. Most people would rather see Ganondorf re-worked to be de-cloned instead of having a replacement/stance change/alternate version. I'm still expecting him as a Final Smash, but not much more than that.

Want - 40% - Eh. Seems to be Ganondorf without a personality. Just about anything he could do, Ganondorf would realistically be also able to do. His style just doesn't seem interesting. Pass.

Roy

Chance - 75% - No change from my most recent vote. He's still remarkably popular, and a fire sword, if used properly, can be an inherently interesting and cool weapon. He still faces completion, but I'd say that who he is facing completion from has changed.

Want - 85% - Again, no change. Roy still somewhat strikes me as someone who was unjustly removed. The Sword of Seals is still fairly interesting, and I still feel sympathy for his supporters.

Blaziken Prediction - 2.3% - Yeah, most think Brawl + Mewtwo is best. He may be popular, but we'll see how that pans out.

Nominations
Dark Matter X5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Ganon likelihood: 12%
Want: 66%

Roy likelihood: 20%
Want: 45%

Blaziken: 4.1%

Wrestler x5

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Ganon

Chance:12%
Want: 50 %

Roy

Chance: 65% Here we go again, sadly Roy is a character in which you either hate him or love him Smash fans for the most part love him while he'll get mixed results in the Fire Emblem fanbase mainly because he's pretty lackluster in his own game due to a late promotion. Roy's biggest competition is Chrom the latest lord in the FE series while he is a popular character due to Awakening's success Roy himself has massive popularity most notably in Japan, and a decent fanbase in the west from those who played him in Melee, and is also wanted to return in Smash 4 along with Mewtwo. His biggest flaw is that in Melee he was a clone of Marth and a HORRIBLE one at that although after playing Project M Roy, he can be a good character if created right and I feel Sakurai can make Roy a very fun and unique character as he did with characters like Captain Falcon, ROB and most recently Rosalina who most thought would end up as a Peach clone.

Want: 100%, He's probably the only smash character I've played with that I have had the most fun using in both Melee and now Project M, he was also my first FE lord. The only Awakening choice that interested me was Lucina and she has little to no chance at this point and Chrom and Robin don't really interest me all too much, if they get in cool but I would much rather have Roy return.

Blaziken: 8.4%

Chrom x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ganon: 20% Chance / 50% Want
Indifferent. But I think he can be unique enough for it to work. Though I'd prefer if Ganondorf referenced him.

Roy: 35% Chance / 50% Want
I can see this happening, but he's got a lot of characters to jump over first.

5x Toadsworth

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ganon:
Chance: 6%
This could be a great way to make Ganondorf feel different from Falcon. He's a more reoccurring transformation character than Sheik is that's for sure, and he's had enough appearances that it probably wouldn't seem weird to implement him at this stage to the majority of Smash players. It'd essentially be expanding on Ganondorf's Final Smash.

That said I don't think Sakurai gives a ****.

Despite Ganondorf desperately needing something to make him less terrible, Sakurai is far more likely to add Toon Sheik than he is to add Ganon as a playable character. If we're very lucky it may be tweaked into a GigaBowser style FS.

Want: 60%(as a playable FS), 26% (playable character)
To be honest my want as a playable is only that low because I really want someone that isn't another iteration of the triforce trio. Ganon himself is pretty worthy and should he be by some miracle included I'd be completely satisfied that Sakurai finally did something right with the Zelda series. Now if only he could fix the balance between Zelda and Sheik, stop making Ganondorf clone a made up moveset and stop upstaging Link with a superior child version of himself.

Roy:
Chance: 50%
Last time I gave Roy a massive 75% based off of the fact the Japanese fanbase's one major complaint about Brawl was Mewtwo and Roy's removals. They also love him to bits even if America is less accepting.
Now however it looks like Sakurai is going for uniqueness and what a character can bring to the game; and Roy...didn't bring a hell of a lot that was new last time. But such is the life of a last minute character.
I also doubt Chrom and Lucina now since they add even less than Roy(Sword of Seals>>>>Two Falchions) but Chrom AND Lucina looks to have a better shot as does Robin who at least isn't all swords, swords, swords.

Also Roy was from an older game or something which may count against him and FE is all about the new. Hence why we'll more than likely still get Chrom or Lucina despite all the bravado of adding new game styles. Yes, lances, I know. I also don't think it's enough difference to count for much.

Want: 98%
That said, Roy is still my boy and I know if Sakurai actually uses the Sword of Seals it could be far more unique; fireball launching projectile, self healing, etc. Roy doesn't get nearly enough credit when it comes to bringing Fire Emblem to the west either. I know of the two for me at least, Roy was more interesting even if all he brought was the PH1R3. I mean what's wrong with having a fire user in FIRE Emblem?
I dropped him 2% from last time because I'm slightly interested in Robin now.

Blaziken: 7%
The Brawl + Mewtwo squad will rain on his speed boosted parade. Unfortunately he's fire type so it'll be super effective.

Nominations:
Cranky Kong X 5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Ganon

Chances - 4%
I'm really unsure about this one, but the fact that Ganondorf has struggled surpassing clonehood, and the fact so far Toon Link looks like he still borrows moves from Link makes me feel like we won't be getting a dramatic change to Ganondorf's moveset. And in the case of Ganon, a dramatic change in Ganondorf's moveset is the only way I see him making it.
I think there's also something against Zelda when it comes to Smash ... idk, I think along with Metroid it's a series that Sakurai doesn't appreciate quite as much, and as a result I'm never optimistic about its possibilities. Maybe I just get the impression from Link failing to exit lower tier existance three consecutive times. So yea, I don't see Sakurai going out of his way to give Ganondorf a Ganon transformation.

Want - 20%
Sure, I'd enjoy it a bit if Ganondorf got something like that, but not that much. Again, when it comes to Zelda, I'm hoping for Tetra. Ghirahim or Groose being acceptable too, even if Groose is impossible.

Roy
Chances - 50%
Roy is one of those characters whose chances I keep wavering on. Normally I found him unlikely due to the sheer likelihood that we'll get someone from Awakening, and also from the fact that in Melee he was pretty clonish (unlike Mewtwo) and pretty not-Marth.

BUT, nowadays, after seeing just how large the impact of Melee was and how fantastically creative Sakurai can get with movesets (heck, even project M did fantastic stuff with movesets), I'm seeing him more and more likely. It'd probably be the Fire Emblem inclusion to create the most hype as well, and then with Marth being revealed earlier instead of being left as an unlockable, I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one day and see a Roy picture.
In all of this, what makes me leave it at 50%, is that I really really doubt that we'll get four Fire Emblem characters, and more than Chrom/Lucina/Robin vs. Roy, I'm seeing it more as Ike vs. Roy, mostly because I do see an awakening character making it.
Fire Emblem truly is my biggest problem in predicting, and personally it's the series that makes me wish we got DLC so we could get extra FE characters without interfering with the chances of other non-FE characters.

Want - 40%
Certainly much higher than before. I really want an Awakening character, but I am pulling for Roy more than for Ike, and that wasn't the case before.
Your play Sakurai.

Blaziken - 6.2%
It makes sense for a Pokemon inclusion, but the question is ... will we even get a new Pokemon rep?

Nominations
um ... I guess I'll go for concepts?
x5 Decloned Ganondorf

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Want - 40% - Eh. Seems to be Ganondorf without a personality. Just about anything he could do, Ganondorf would realistically be also able to do. His style just doesn't seem interesting. Pass.
Well... typically Ganondorf uses a sword, while Ganon uses a trident. Ganon turns invisible, teleports and uses magical fire bats. These are not the abilities I much associate with human Ganondorf.

Beast Ganon

I actually think Beast Ganon as a transformation is more likely than as a standalone character or a replacement for Ganondorf. I don't think Ganondorf is going anywhere, but if Sakurai decides to revamp him and make him more like the games, that's a real possibility. Of course, it could end up more like Giga Bowser and Wario Man - however, I highly doubt that because Giga Bowser and Wario Man still use basically the same moves. Unless it's like the Landmasters where Beast Ganon has an extremely limited move set (like... four moves), it wouldn't be worth the effort to create a new move set just for a Final Smash.

Given that Beast Ganon isn't really separate from Ganondorf, but actually is a transformation, it would make the most sense for that to be how he's implemented. I would also note that only in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess is the transformation more like a temporary Final Smash - every other time, Beast Ganon is the only Ganon in the game, and he commands his armies/rules the Dark World/etc. as that form. So it would be appropriate either as merely a FS or as a ZSS-style transformation.

That said, I'm not even confident we'll be seeing Ganondorf properly revamped to at least have a projectile or a weapon, much less totally revamped to no longer resemble Captain Falcon at all. So I don't think Beast Ganon is particularly likely.

Beast Ganon chances: 4%

Beast Ganon want: 85%
It's classic Ganon! Until Ocarina, that was the only Ganon, and Ganondorf has had a bestial form in every game he's appeared in except Wind Waker. And he couldn't be a clone of anyone. And A Link to the Past is one of my favorites. Decloned Ganondorf is one of my most wanted changes, and Beast Ganon is a surefire way of achieving that. I'd also enjoy him as a newcomer more than many others.

Roy
Not a whole lot has changed in Fire Emblem-land since last time. Marth has been confirmed, but I already had expected Marth to return. There's nothing about that that would change my opinion. However, Rosalina makes me think that recency may be a little more relevant and also uniqueness. While Roy was a clone of Marth previously, however, there is no reason he has to be a clone. And he actually has potential for a more unique move set than many Fire Emblem characters due to his fiery sword. But then again, as Ganondorf shows, Sakurai isn't necessarily going to declone him. He is also not particularly recent.

The other thing is that I really don't think Fire Emblem will be getting four characters, which means Roy is competing against newer Fire Emblem characters. While Roy is one of the most requested, I think he's more likely to get beaten by the newer characters. I'd give him a decent chance, but not the highest.

Roy chance: 20%

Roy want: 40%
Not that into any Fire Emblem characters, but Roy at least has potential to be more interesting than Chrom or Lucina, imo.

Blaziken prediction: 3%
Just guessing.

Nominations:
Oh hey, I won!

10x Pichu

Yeah, I know he's just gonna get destroyed ( I don't even want him).

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Ganon:
Because Bowser's just not monstrous enough after his redesign!

Chances: 1.1%
Big, heavy, slow fighters are at a minimum at the moment with Bowser no longer in the running, but I don't see Ganon taking the spot... Infact other than Ridley I don't see anyone taking the hulking monster spot.

Want: 30%
I love me some classic zelda, but honestly I'd prefer they put work into making Ganondorf more indicative of his canon self... and that includes making his final smash an actual transformation! I'd be happy if he got in in any way, but I'd much prefer it to be as an FS.

Roy:
What's he got the other Koopa's don't?
Oh... different Roy.

Chances: 40%
So... what's changed?
2 things really, one is my belief Chrom and Lucina are less likely than I previously thought; being from the same continent doesn't really help them represent the world, and while popular I don't think they'r bring any new fans that Marth hasn't already (all Awakening fans know who Marth is afterall), moreover other than the Ice Climber style Chrom x Lucina they're just generic sword fighters, and even together they're not all that different from the Ice Climbers, or Rosalina.
Speaking of Rosalina she's made me realise how much popularity matters, and while she has wider popularity, her surprise bought hype to the game... and Roy would do that better than and FE:A rep (imo).

Still, he's not super likely because it's a second party, and ultimately they get the last say... and he is pretty irrlevant to the series now... but I think he's a passable.

Want: 25%
I liked his inclusion in P:M enough to reach neutrality to his potential inclusion in SSB4. Still can't say I care for him too much...

Super Mega Chicken: 12.2%
While he's probably the most likely Pokémon newcomer (Mewtwo's a veteran), said newcomer is considered fairly unlikely... And his biggest chance is in a new pokémon trainer who only got 18% (and I feel that was higher than it would be now).
Also we totally need to re-rate Zoroark, he too suffers from early over inflated predictions.

Slime*5
(I goo suffered from early voting plop-lems)

I also note a lack of Travis music so:

Main Theme
Heavenly Star
Bike
Job Center (odd pick, but this track is too awesome)
Gym (no similarities to eye of the tiger, honest)
Pleather for Breakfast (fan favourite boss theme)
Santa Destroy
Philistine (another fan favourite from the second game)
It's Kill or Be Killed
Rank Up (Travis' Victory theme)

I'd help with Goemon or Nintendogs had I played their games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Beast Ganon:
Likelihood: 10%
I suppose there is a chance we could get him, but honestly I'd expect Tingle, Impa, Vaati, Toon Zelda and Tetra before him.

If it would be his ALTTP look, I'll be pumped. If not, bleh.

Roy:
Likelihood: 33%
I think we'll get a Fire Emblem newcomer, and Roy and Chrom are equally likely. Being a veteran can help him bypass Sakurai's uniqueness criterion for newcomers. And he's apparently wildly popular in Japan, though I'm not exactly sure why. I guess PH1R3 is more popular than I thought. :p

Want: 100%
Sure, why not? Marth, Ike and Roy is my dream Fire Emblem trifacta in Smash. Project M made it a reality on the Wii. I'll be greedy and say I want it on the 3DS and Wii U as well. :p

Blaziken prediction: 7%
Let's see how his day turns out.

Cranky Kong x 5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ganon - 3%

Whether Ganondorf gets decloned or not this game, by this time it seems very unlikely Sakurai would care enough about the beast form of the main villain. He might revisit the idea of a playable Toon Zelda (and will probably utilize Tetra or Phantom Zelda as transformation for her as well if such is the case), or he might decide Tingle is worthy of a spot, or he might not decide to give the series a newcomer at all this time around, etc. There are plenty of more likely Zelda newomers, and, in my opinion, they are all better choices.

Want - 5%

As a transformation Final Smash? Maybe, but I don't want beast Ganon to have his own slot, espescially if it means this form of Ganondorf would get in over Toon Zelda/Tetra.

Roy - 30%

I don't know much about Fire Emblem, but from what I do know, his chance is fairly low, but not to the point of being a near-impossible character.

Want - 70%

Roy's my boy! (and one of my Melee mains)

Blaziken Prediction - 14.5

Well, it's a well known and popular Pokemon, but it has WAAAAAY to much competition. Not to mention a Pokemon newcomer isn't even that likely. (we'll most likely get Mewtwo back, but he'd technically be a returning veteran) Regardless, I think Blaziken is still one of the more likely Pokemon newcomers.

x5 Count Bleck

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Beast Ganon:

Chance: 5% - If they're making Ganondorf unique, I can't see them trying to integrate Beast Ganon into it, and no way Ganon will replace or get an additional slot alongside Dorf.

Want: 0% - I like Ganondorf the way he is.

Roy:

Chance: 25% - Japanese popularity is all he's got going for him. He doesn't really bring anything new or unique to the table, and I'm fairly certain they'll be going for a character from the highly successful Awakening instead.

Want: 10% - I really hate Roy. He is to Marth what Pichu is to Pikachu, though maybe not even intentionally. He's got nothing cool about him aside from the fire, and that's just a visual effect and nothing more. Furthermore, he's certainly nothing special in Fire Emblem, and is best left out I feel. 10% because it's funny to beat the **** out of a teenager with an unstable voice, he's almost as funny as Ganondorf in Melee.

Uber Tier Starter Pokémon Prediction: 2%

Nominations:
5x Brawl Pokémon and Mewtwo

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ganon Chance: 14% I could somehow see Dorf replaced with a much more unique Ganon with the trident if they ever decided to. Or he might become a transformation, it all depends.
Ganon Want: 85% I think no one else could fit well with the trident other than Ganon. IMO, this would be a much more fun Ganon to play as.
Roy Chance: 15% Like all other semi-clones, he could join the roster.
Roy Want: 30% Ehh give me an original moveset then I'll be fine with it.
Blaziken Prediction: 6.75%
Nominations:
x5 Cranky Kong

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ganon Chance: 8.4% (yay random percentages that aren't really based off of anything specifically)

Ganon is literally Ganondorf in canon, and I do think that that's one of the biggest hurdles for the beast...however, it's still a possibility since Dr. Mario is a thing and Sakurai is Sakurai.

Ganon Want: 74%

But, I still want him. Meh. I actually want him a LOT. I honestly think Ganon was robbed in Melee and should have gotten in before Ganondorf ever did. I think the beast is more interesting and more intimidating than Ganondorf ever was, even though I still think Ganondorf is intimidating to begin with. In my mind, Ganon was Link's actual nemesis before OoT came around, and Ganondorf probably would not have stayed in the role he did if it wasn't for OoT's success and his inclusion in Melee. I like Ganondorf fine, and I've come to accept that Ganon is no longer terribly relevant to Nintendo, but I still prefer Ganon.

I'll abstain from rating Roy.

Blaziken Prediction: 6.4%

I personally think he's a little more likely than this, but I know that that is not the most popular opinion.

Nominations:

x5 Daitoryo

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ganon: 4.5%
Want: dunno like 25%

Roy: 75%
Want: 80%

Blaze kick: 4.5%

Noms:
Grovyle (PMD2) x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganon

Chance: 1%
Why? He's a Final Smash, and the only reason he got in was cause of his humanoid form: Ganondorf.
He'd be pretty cool, though not nearly as wicked as Ganondorf himself could be. Anything Ganon could do, Ganondorf also can, except while not looking like an ugly pig.

Roy :roypm:

Chance: 60%
He's requested a lot, sure. But newer Fire Emblem characters could take priority still due to massive marketing. Chrom is in his way, and Lyn also has something to say. However, I could easily see Roy in as a later addition, perhaps as clone or semi-clone.
Want: 75%
Project M hyped me more for the Flare Boy, but he's still not exactly my most wanted character. Just would like to see him in.

Vote:
Impa x 5 (Revote)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Ganon: 5%
The original form of Ganon is cool. But its already well represented by a final smash.
Want: 100%
Best part of beast Ganon? 100% Chance it won't be a clone or semi-clone!

Roy: 8%
Roy's chances come down to whether Sakurai's team wants to go less ambitious for a new FE rep. Unlike the Awakening reps, there is zero chance he takes Ike's place as the second rep. And the Awakening characters have a few gameplay techniques that could potentially set them apart. There's also Micaiah, who offers a gameplay style not currently in Smash. Sakurai has gone ambitious for all his newcomers, so imagine he'll do the same for any potential FE reps. And the others bring more to the table.
Want: 0%
Despite him being my main in Melee, I have no attachment to the character other than nostalgia. He also got me into the FE series, but I don't feel I owe the character himself for that. He's among my least favorite of the FE lords (I like him better than his dad though). I have no desire to play him again in SSB4, because there are tens of other FE reps I'd rather play as. I dont want SSB4 to a trip down memory lane of Melee. I'm more interest new characters and different experiences.

Blaziken: 7.63%
Nominations:
Micaiah x 5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ganon

35% Chance

I feel Ganon is a little underrated here. If we want to add a new Zelda rep, it has to be someone big. That leaves Ganon, Tetra, Tingle, and Impa. However, I feel Ganon would be the most unique and most important. With his Trident and Magic, he could easily not be a clone. He also is the most reoccurring character in Zelda not to be in Smash. Unique, important, I see him as a contender, and more likely than the competition.

60% want

I feel he is interesting, but I think Zelda with 4 reps is fine...

Roy

50% chance

It all hinges on if Sakurai thinks he could be an interesting and unique character. Can he? Yes. Will he? It could go either way...

75% Want

Only 75 to not interfere with my boy MyUnit...

Nominating MyUnit/Robin/Tactician/Avatar/Whatever you call him x5

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Ganon Chances: 2%
Ganon Want: 0% I prefer Ganondorf

Roy Chances: 50% I really do not know what to think about his return.
Roy Want: 5%

Blaziken: 2.94%

Nominations: Bayonetta x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom