• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Black Mage:
Chance: 5%
Famous Square character, has starred in various Mario Sports titles alongside Ninja and White Mage(and Moogle), iconic look, could be considered legendary; has more exposure overseas than Slime, less Sony related than Cloud and has no awkward ties to Disney(who are notoriously hard to work with) like Sora.

That said; are Square going to get a rep? I can't see it happening. Especially over Namco, and I don't see us getting more than four 3rd parties...

Want: 10%
Least offensive Square character to me that could tie with Nintendo easy enough. Sora and Cloud are too Sony based for me(yes, both have appeared on the handhelds in Spinoffs, but the main KH games and FF games of recent have all been Sony exclusives) and Slime isn't as popular overseas. Ninja would be kinda lame, and White Mage is...a white mage. Black Mage is an actual damage dealing character who could be fun to play with...but I'd still rather save Robin or Isaac for a magic(esque) fighter.

Pokemon Trainer:
Chance: 100%
Toon Link and Lucario. That is all. No one is getting cut clearly; and cutting the most popular Pokemon on the planet in Charizard whilst including Jigglypuff AND Lucario? Fricking dumb. Sakurai's done a lot of strange crap; see Ganondorf(why is he still Captain Falcon?) and Toon Link(no clones this time! HONEST!) but he's not an idiot.

Want: 100%
Pokemon Trainer was the biggest surprise addition for me last time; I was expecting and hoping for Wario, Diddy, Pit and even Sonic(when Snake was announced) so I saw all of them coming to some extent...Pokemon Trainer sucker punched me...and I loved it! What a creative and genius idea! Combine three of the most popular characters from the series with the most candidates into one neat package!

Honestly all Trainer needs is a few tweaks and he's perfect; get rid of Stamina, sort out the invincibility during switching and we're golden. I'd kinda prefer more Pokemon to be represented via Pokemon Trainers, but I understand the sheer amount of work involved in this process would make it impossible.

Chef Kawahwhocaresanyway?
Chance: Not Bandana Dee; 0.004%
I honestly think Magalor, Prince Fluff, Gooey and even Rick are more likely than the chef.

Nominations:
5 X Playable Bosses.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Groose, I assume tomorrow will be that "Special" day?
SPOILERS AHEAD, SERIOUSLY UNLESS YOU SAW THE DIRECT YOU WILL BE MASSIVELY SPOILED
Because of Little Mac?

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose, I assume tomorrow will be that "Special" day?
SPOILERS AHEAD, SERIOUSLY UNLESS YOU SAW THE DIRECT YOU WILL BE MASSIVELY SPOILED
Because of Little Mac?
Yeah. Yeah, it will be. It's not everyday RANK ONE CHANCE/RANK THREE WANT gets confirmed!

I'll give things an hour or two to cool of before we start the Satisfaction Ratings. In the meantime, keep rating Black Mage and Pokemon Trainer Red.

D

Deleted member

Looks like our number one has made it in!
Little Mac has smashed any little doubt towards his inclusion in Smash. It was an addition most obvious to us with 88.11% chance. We'll definitely be happy as well since his want was 77%! I will also add that we were spot on with the Promoted Assist Trophy concept with 87.49% chance and we really wanted it with a 90.47% want!

FINALLY! A newcomer that I was excited for got confirmed!

Last edited by a moderator:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I misunderstood and thought we were rating a Pokemon Trainer without Pokemon. We are rating the Pkmn Trainer as he appeared in Brawl, so 93%

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well we certainly rated Mac high for a reason. :)

And yes, I am 101% satisfied with how Mac has turned out.

Last edited:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
To veer away from the Little Mac hype for a little while...
Black Mage
Chance: 1%
In terms of Squenix reps, I believe that the Black Mage is the front runner, due to him being the most "Nintendo" Final Fantasy character. That said, are we getting a Squenix rep in this game? Probably not. Those guys are really stingy when it comes to there copyrights.
Want: 5%
I really don't care tbh.

Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon included!)
Chance: 99%
The only thing getting in the way of his return is time, but besides that I don't think Sakurai would cut one of the most unique characters from Brawl.
Want: 70%
Only if they remove the stamina gimmick and make it so you don't have to switch to the next Pokemon when you get KO'd.

Predictions
Chef Kawasaki: 0.87%
3D World stage: 50%

Nom: Shadow the Hedgehog X5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
So the character that we ranked "most likely newcomer" is now playable. It's nice to know that we don't completely suck at this game. :)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The idea of the Black Mage alone however seems extremely unlikely, and I feel the only reason people bring it up is SSF2. Black Mage is Iconic, sure, but nowhere near as much as Slime... I mean seriously, how many mages in jRPGs do you see with big pointy hats? And how many gelatinous low level monsters do you see? The simple fact that Slime like evemies appear in everything (even FF thanks to the Flan) should show just how much more Iconic he is.
I don't get this reasoning.

With regards to Dragon Quest, Slime is an iconic symbol of the series. But the fact that tons of generic blobs appear in all sorts of games (not just JRPGs even) does not help him, if anything it hurts. It doesn't make him more iconic and interesting, it makes him generic. Cliche. It's like saying that Stalfos should be considered more likely because skeleton warriors are found in lots of games. I don't think that's how it works, I think that would make Stalfos a worse choice. When it comes to RPGs or video games generally, I have to say that the Black Mage stands out more.

I think the argument for Slime has to be based more on the argument for Dragon Quest over Final Fantasy (or Kingdom Hearts). To make it clearer... If Slimes were generic Final Fantasy enemies, do you really think a Slime would take precedence over actual protagonists, Black Mages, Moogles, or Chocobos?
On a different note, Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow afternoon.

I'm pretty sure we're going to see a Donkey Kong character... the question is, will it be Diddy or will it be a newcomer?
Dammit Sakurai! Bait and switch!

Now we have to wonder when Diddy will be revealed... The NA/EU release is too soon for Diddy to be revealed after a newcomer, isn't it? Only a week and a day? Then again, Zelda came that soon on the heels of Rosalina, so it's very possible. But it makes me more cynical about DK's chances for newcomers, because if they still had two or three more DK characters to show off, surely they would have revealed one of them today.

I'll be less cynical if we get Diddy next Friday. And maybe they decided DK didn't need the marketing boost so they're just sitting on the DK newcomer for now... Or maybe it still needs work...

Also K Rool's chances have dropped since it seems he is nowhere to be found in Tropical Freeze, unless he's part of some extra challenges coming after the main quest that have to be unlocked. But I doubt it.

It's always cool to get a newcomer, but I'm a little upset about the timing and what it might mean for DK reps. Also upset about K Rool seemingly getting nothing in Tropical Freeze. Even if it's just a bonus world or a cameo.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Black Mage
5% Chance
Ehh... Slime has more potential to appear. And we all see how that goes...
50% Want
Can be cool, but I think Slime would be more interesting

Pokemon Trainer
100% Chamce and Want
It boggles my mind people think he will be cut. Toon Link and Lucario have returned, so why should the trainer with three of the most popular evolutionary lines be cut? Also new starters? Then why did they go with Kanto over Hoenn/Sinnoh?

Chef: .5%
3D World Stage 40%
Nominating Pac Man x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Dammit Sakurai! Bait and switch!

Now we have to wonder when Diddy will be revealed... The NA/EU release is too soon for Diddy to be revealed after a newcomer, isn't it? Only a week and a day? It makes me more cynical about DK's chances for newcomers, because if they still had two or three more DK characters to show off, surely they would have revealed one of them today.
If I remember correctly, Zelda was revealed a week after Rosalina. So it can definitely happen.

Last edited:

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Hey guys! Just back to say it is great to have little mac confirmed. Hopefully I can do some rating soon!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Abstaining from Black Mage

Red
Chances: 98% The most important character in his series along with the most popular Pokémon of all time, there's a lot of demand for him to stay and I don't think Sakurai would willingly cut a unique character like him. The only reason I took 2% is that he is a more time consuming veteran that can work against him, but I don't think that will completely hold him back.
Want: 90% Not a fan of the mechanic, but I don't really want to see him cut.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Having had a few hours to think about it, I'm not sure Little Mac being revealed today actually hurts the chances of any DK characters. Seems to me they wanted a newcomer to reveal for the Direct, and with Diddy not yet revealed, the stage wasn't set yet for a DK newcomer. Little Mac was ready to go and has his 30th anniversary this month, so it proved to be a fine choice for this Direct. I imagine Diddy will arrive via a daily picture relatively soon (could be as early as next Friday) and any DK newcomer will follow in the coming months.

Now, K. Rool being completely absent from Tropical Freeze? Yeah, that's a bit more worrying.

Groose

Smash Champion
Having had a few hours to think about it, I'm not sure Little Mac being revealed today actually hurts the chances of any DK characters. Seems to me they wanted a newcomer to reveal for the Direct, and with Diddy not yet revealed, the stage wasn't set yet for a DK newcomer. Little Mac was ready to go and has his 30th anniversary this month, so it proved to be a fine choice for this Direct. I imagine Diddy will arrive via a daily picture relatively soon (could be as early as next Friday) and any DK newcomer will follow in the coming months.

Now, K. Rool being completely absent from Tropical Freeze? Yeah, that's a bit more worrying.
K. Rool may have taken a hit from missing Tropical Freeze, but that hit is countered by the lack of DK newcomer in this Direct. Because he's not in Tropical Freeze, there was no reason to reveal him today; he can't hype the game that much if he's not in it. If we see Diddy Kong later this month, I'd say we still have a pretty good chance of a DK newcomer... and the longer it takes to get one raises K. Rool's chances while draining Dixie's.

Hey, Groose, do we predict for the satisfaction?
Nah. Because when we get a Newcomer, we just have to leap right into it!

Black Mage: 5%
I see him as the most likely Final Fantasy character, but I can't ignore other contenders such as Moogles. I could see this happening, but I wouldn't put much faith into it.

Black Mage Want: 25%
Cool, I guess? I'd rather not waste a third-party slot, but I wouldn't hate this pick.

Pokemon Trainer Red Chance: 66%
On one hand, I don't see Sakurai cutting such a unique character. On the other I see Sakurai cutting someone, and Pokemon Trainer would free up a lot of space for him to work with (and he could easily retain the Trainer's anchor, Charizard. I don't know... I just somewhat expect a bit of a shake-up with the Pokemon characters, and it's either him or Jiggs now that Lucario is confirmed.

Pokemon Trainer Red Want: 50%
Completely neutral. I think he's a great character, but he just uses so much space... if they cut him and put in two solid newcomers in his place, I would definitely be happy.

E. Gadd x5

DAY OVER

...C'MON MAC BABY!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Thank god.

My hype has died down a bit so I'm ready to start the next day.

Groose

Smash Champion
Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
2.61% chance
37.78% want

Black Mage failed to cast a convincing spell over our thread, though he did do a lot better than his pal Cloud Strife. He lost to Slime by about 2% in chance, but defeated the Dragon Quest rival by roughly 5% in want. Sorry, @ Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites

Pokemon Trainer Red
91.55% chance (previously 81.38%)
77.00% want
(previously 71.88%)
Since we've been seeing more and more veterans revealed and since the dust from X and Y has settled, Pokemon Trainer has improved by a large amount in chance and want. This idea is clearly more popular here than splitting his Pokemon up or cutting him altogether; we'll see how it fares against a standalone Pokemon Trainer in a few days.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's been almost forty in-game days since we've has a chance to discuss a recently revealed character, but it's finally time. Little Mac, whose ~88% chance and ~77% want put him in first and third place respectively has been confirmed to be a playable character. That certainly makes our oddsmaking skills look better than after Rosalina's day. One pressing question remains: how satisfied are you with Little Mac? Does his playsytle look good? Is he what you had in mind? Was his reveal and trailer truly hype building? Or are you not liking what you've seen so far? All I need today is one "satisfaction" (essentially a post-reveal want) score from you today. No nominations, no predictions, no chance scores. This is Mac-baby's day to shine, and the rest of the game is on lockdown. However, feel free to discuss how Mac's reveal could impact the chances of other characters, reflect on your previous Mac ratings, and discuss other points his reveal may have brought up.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
5% for Doc Louis.

He's exactly as I envisioned him playing, and it's just as bland as what I thought up. Hopefully April provides something that excites me.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Satisfaction: 100% - My most wanted newcomer and he looks great. Liked this reveal a lot more than the last one.

I'll wait until we can nominate again before announcing the prediction winners. Nothing that the winners can do with extra nominations, anyway.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
100%

Little Mac is an almost essential addition at this point and he better than I thought he would be.

I'm incredibly satisfied.

I'm loving it Mac baby.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
little mac, satisfaction - 100%
one of the only shoe ins (second is mewtwo, no one else) and his appearance and intro was amazing, truly worth the hype he brung,
his playstyle is defiantly interesting, and while its not something that fits my gameplay style, I still like how he fits with the rest,
hes not a character i'll use, he is great in game from a perspective, looks seriously fun, and defiantly deserving of his spot

and may I note, that I heavily doubt his confirmation hinders anyone else, the only thing he did really was take a theoretically spot on the roster, that's it

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Little Mac
Satisfaction: 86% - Very excited to have a newcomer.

1. Power meter looks like an interesting twist.

2. Loved the comic book style intro.

3. Doc Louis's commentary was great.

4. Giga Mac looks hideous. I'm guessing that will be his final Smash.

5. Poor Sandbag. :(

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
2.61% chance
37.78% want

Black Mage failed to cast a convincing spell over our thread, though he did do a lot better than his pal Cloud Strife. He lost to Slime by about 2% in chance, but defeated the Dragon Quest rival by roughly 5% in want. Sorry, @ Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites

Pokemon Trainer Red
91.55% chance (previously 81.38%)
77.00% want
(previously 71.88%)
Since we've been seeing more and more veterans revealed and since the dust from X and Y has settled, Pokemon Trainer has improved by a large amount in chance and want. This idea is clearly more popular here than splitting his Pokemon up or cutting him altogether; we'll see how it fares against a standalone Pokemon Trainer in a few days.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's been almost forty in-game days since we've has a chance to discuss a recently revealed character, but it's finally time. Little Mac, whose ~88% chance and ~77% want put him in first and third place respectively has been confirmed to be a playable character. That certainly makes our oddsmaking skills look better than after Rosalina's day. One pressing question remains: how satisfied are you with Little Mac? Does his playsytle look good? Is he what you had in mind? Was his reveal and trailer truly hype building? Or are you not liking what you've seen so far? All I need today is one "satisfaction" (essentially a post-reveal want) score from you today. No nominations, no predictions, no chance scores. This is Mac-baby's day to shine, and the rest of the game is on lockdown. However, feel free to discuss how Mac's reveal could impact the chances of other characters, reflect on your previous Mac ratings, and discuss other points his reveal may have brought up.
Crud. I should have posted before supper. I don't suppose it's possible to take any ratings after the fact is it? I typed up a bit of an essay and I'm kinda sad that I didn't get the chance to post it.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Little Mac Satisfaction - 100%
In terms of him simply being a playable Smash character, I'm very happy this has come to pass. He's easily one of the most deserving characters who had yet to become playable in Smash and, on a personal level, it's pretty cool that the favorite character of a good friend of mine (who happens to be one of the best Smash players I know) is in. Definitely excited he's in regardless of how he turns out.

Implementation-wise, it's a little too early to call, but from what little we've seen it looks like he's going to prove plenty fun, especially with that unique power meter that seems to enable powerful hits despite appearing to be a fast, relatively light-hitting character. Only thing that I don't particularly like is that rather silly looking Final Smash version he seems to have, but considering how little I play with Final Smashes anyway, that's a minor concern.

Also, that trailer? That alone was very, very satisfying, as is the DK vs. Little Mac artwork now on the SSB4 website. Well done, Nintendo!

So How Does This Affect Everyone Else?
Honestly, it barely affects anyone. After all, he was our most expected newcomer, so him becoming playable doesn't exactly rock the boat in any meaningful way. The one little tidbit worth noting is that, considering we now have a Brawl Assist Trophy confirmed as playable in SSB4, other assist trophies like Isaac and Saki become just a little more likely by extension. It's not a big change considering we already expected Little Mac to make the jump, but at least it's now officially confirmed to be possible.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little Mac Satisfaction: 110%

I know that, mathematically, it's impossible to give more than 100%, but I just had to squeeeeeze that extra ten percent in there, Mac Baby.

D

Deleted member

Little Mac Satisfaction has been added to the Directory.
First off, I wanna mention that Little Mac's reveal was one of three reveals that I predicted would happen today for the 30th anniversary. And I am still mad that we didn't get Wario for his 20th. The other two things I imagine could have happened is if Sakurai wanted to reveal Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze or reveal Shulk for the X footage.
I was hyping myself for Shulk and was mostly expecting him… but I am more than glad to see Little Mac get confirmed!

Little Mac
Satisfaction:
100%

I will mention an issue that I have with the trailer. I wish that the Smash symbol did not come up at the beginning. Why? Because I would have prepared myself to scream into oblivion. I rather get tricked into thinking that we are getting a Punch Out!! game only to see him get confirmed for Smash. It worked for the Rosalina trailer. However, when I saw Samus make fun of Mac's size, it reminded me of a pic on the DOJO!!…

Other than that, how do I feel about Little Mac? He is a fantastic inclusion. Seeing his revival on the Wii and experiencing it myself made him my most wanted newcomer. I love the cartoony and humorous art style of Punch Out!! and I am glad to see it get represented here. I like Little Mac for his underdog characteristics. I had a feeling that while I was playing Punch Out!!, as I was beating these boxers, I felt as though that I grew stronger with Little Mac and I grew with him.

I find that the boxing arena made it very obvious that he was in the game. Not even masking it with Smash stuff could hide the Punch Out!! related things.

In terms of his moveset, I think that it's definitely fun. He seems like he will be a very high risk and high reward character. I also like how they implemented the Power Meter from the Punch Out!! games were he can get an instant KO. The fact that he has an amazing ground game and a terrible aerial game is extremely suitable for Little Mac. However, I am concerned as to how he will face against characters with great projectiles, like Toon Link and Mega Man. This will definitely be a character that I will play on day 1 and a character that I might main.

Little Mac is a Nintendo all-star. He is the Champion of the ring and he deserves to be on the roster. I love how he starts off as an underdog in NES Punch Out!!, rises back up in Super Punch Out!!, gracefully falls in Captain Rainbow and later recovers in that game, makes a major comeback in Punch Out!! Wii, and is finally able to enter the ring with Nintendo's all-stars in SSB4. What's funny is that Captain Rainbow is a game featuring really obscure characters… so what was once seen as a legend became obscure and then rose back up again defining himself as a legend.

Oh! And Doc Louis is there and that's awesome! I hope that he a part of some codec-like stuff in the Boxing Arena stage and says stuff like this:
And telling you to join Club Nintendo.

It's just great to see one of my top 5 favorite newcomers get confirmed! Hopefully we will have Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, and Shulk get in this game as well.

As a side note, assessing my WFT Satisfaction, I think I should have given her 30% satisfaction. I like the addition, but she isn't as exciting as Mega Man, Little Mac, or Villager. Also, I didn't think that Little Mac was overrated in this thread. He would be if it wasn't for that stage in my opinion.

Oh, and be prepared for when most Little Mac combo videos will use Gonna Fly Now.

It's great to see you enter the ring Mac baby! You've earned it!

EDIT: Since we saw Sandbag in the trailer, does that mean we can label him as "Disconfirmed"? :p
EDIT 2: I don't think that Little Mac's reveal affects anyone else. MAYBE Ridley since Little Mac was heavily demanded in the west and MAYBE Isaac for similar reasons and because he is an Assist Trophy as well. Little Mac wasn't in direct competition with anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
99% satisfied.
I mean, he's one of my top 10 most wanted newcomers for this game, so of course I'm really satisfied by his inclusion. The only thing I don't like is his Final Smash. It doesn't look bad or anything, in fact it looks pretty useful. It just looks lame to me. I honestly wish that they would do something original for Smash, but I guess Giga Mac was a pretty predictable FS choice for him. But, nonetheless, I am really stoked to play this character. The meter mechanic looks really fun to play with, and I love his apparent playstyle, having a very strong ground game. Not to mention THAT TRAILER, THO. Seriously, I just can't stop watching his trailer! This is the first time I've felt this hyped since Megaman's reveal! I honestly can't wait for this game now! PLEASE LET THERE NOT BE ANY DELAYS PLEASE!!!!

Oh, and Doc Louis codec taunts in the Punch Out!! stage plz.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
That sleek and fluid animation...that gut-busting power...the potential Doc Louis shenanigans...Not to mention he seems to have a clear balance of strengths and weaknesses (Extremely dominant ground game, but grabs counter super armor and his aerials and recovery seem lacking). Plus he easily has one of if not THE most hype newcomer trailer yet.

100% Satisfaction. Welcome to Smash, Mac baby!

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Little Mac Satisfaction: 100% (Can I go higher?)

Little Mac, for me, was no surprise. I had always believed his chances were very high, and he was all but revealed. I will say this: the only thing Mac had going against him was Sakurai's statement about "No fighting game characters." Now, i believe he was referring to characters like Nightmare, Ryu, etc. but he could have been referring to Little Mac as well. Thank Jeebus he wasn't, because I am one happy man.

He looks extremely fun and satisfying to play as. he literally looks like he packs a punch. He looks very sturdy on his feet, rightfully so, hes a boxer, but in the air he seems to be lacking. The scene where he attempts to hit WFT off the edge and dies really illustrates his lacking of aerial skills. I like this sort of thing where a character exceeds in certain areas but gets destroyed if not used correctly.

The armor or invincibility frames on some of his attacks really pushes the fact that he is the quintessential boxing type. Taking hits, but regardless, can dish them out as well.

The power meter is exactly what I expected to see from Little Mac. It gives me hope for newcomers that they will have some seriously interesting mechanic.

I also really like how his uniqueness was really pushed, trumping all those people who said "He's just a guy who punches..." It really shows that you can't judge a book by its cover, and gives me hope for characters that are "doomed to be clones" or "not unique in any way" or "not bring anything new to Smash."

The one thing I'm still curious about is his grabs; will he have an advantage in pummeling while grabbing, comparable to dirty boxing straight out of actual Boxing and MMA? Or will he have weak grabs, due to boxing gloves? So many questions...

BIG MAC FS! YES!

That trailer... Oh man, that trailer. The Megaman trailer is the only one that really compares. It enticed a nostalgic feeling, while seemingly dropping something fresh. Not only that, but showing off the main mechanic that makes him unique (For Megaman, we have the variable weapons system, while Mac has the Power meter.)

In conclusion, OH YES LITTLE MAC I KNEW IT HE LOOKS SO AWESOMEAND SATISFYING TO PLAY AS KSNFKJHNSKJFHKWJ

...Ya im pretty stoked

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Little Mac Satisfaction: 100%
HELL YEAH! He's almost exactly as I wanted him to be, special moves, Final Smash and KO meter included. Awesome, plain and simple.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Lil Mac: 95%

I wondered if he'd be a bit bland, and he isn't... but Giga Mac kind of is... I mean, I can't think of any other Final Smash for him, but it's just a bit boring. That said he looks like so much fun to play in terms of combos and ground/armour pressure, even if his Specials don't excite me as much as the other newcomers. Still hoping for Doc Louis Codex's, that'd be AWESOME!

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac Satisfaction: 100%

The first character I actually wanted to see, made it into the game. Every other reveal has been either one that I grew into liking or just didn't care for. He also carries over his blockish physique from the Punch Out Wii artwork. And that's what I was hoping to see the most. He animates well, his moves are fitting, and he even comes with a knock-out mechanic. It's perfect. I feel somehow content with the roster, newcomers-wise, now (even though there's still 3 others that I'd love to see). I guess I'm just easy to please. :p

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Little Mac satisfaction - 100%

He deserves to be in this game and fits like a [boxing] glove.

Personally, I still find it a bit surreal and strange to see the Little Mac slot on the website, and the Little Mac thread as part of its own sub-forums now.
Well, for now I'm off to see the video. Again.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
100% Very satisfied, a character I was looking forward to that was pulled up not only very well moveset-wise, but also had an excellent trailer that sold him. Needless to say, he's really got me hyped up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom