• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...Why did this not show up in my alerts... no matter!

Knuckles (Thou whom knows how to feel)

Pros!
+Sega Character
+Known very well
Cons!
---One slot per third party trend makes this a no go.
-Tails, Shadow, Pac-Man, Snake, etc.

Overall.... The trend for one character per third party makes this a very unlikely case. 3%.

Want: He knows how to feel. He's much better as a fighter than Tails. He's pretty awesome. Yeah, I like Knuckles. BUT. The slot is better off for another character. 10%.

Lucina(imeantotallydoesnotlooklikeMarthright?)

Pros!
+People seem to like her
+Relevant
Cons!
---Marth Reveal murders her chances as a character
-Much better off as an alternate costume

Overall... Marth's been revealed. Her chances are shot. Giving her 1.02%.

Want: As an alternate costume? YES PLEASE! As a real character? ...Eh, like, 2%.

BIKES BIKES BIKES BIKES!
I'm predicting a 5%- That's me being graceful for a generic biker.

AERON?
I'm predicting a 5%- Just to make my life easier.

Nominating...
Extensive Alternate Costumes X5!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The nominations list has been updated. Thanks again, lonekonwolf.

I should point out that Excitebiker managed to overtake Aeron, and we should be predicting him instead,

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

I should point out that Excitebiker managed to overtake Aeron, and we should be predicting him instead,
Changing prediction, thanks for the notification!

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
HE'S BAAAAACK!

Knuckles: 0.1%
As far as Sonic characters go, he's pretty important, but there's still a few ahead of him in line, and that's just for the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

Want: 25%
I kinda like him, but there's quite a few that I'd prefer over him to be in Smash.

Lucina: 31.5%
She's more interesting than Chrom, and possibly easier to make a (unique) moveset for than Robin. As for those who dismiss her as a Marth clone, she's no more a clone of Marth than Chrom is. (also, Marth never uses lances)

Want: 89%
Up there with Robin, seeing as how they're the two best possible choices for Awakening reps.

Aeron prediction: 1.38%NEVER MIND
Excitebiker prediction: 11.16%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5 (tough luck, Excitebiker and Groose)NEVER MIND

KLONOA MUSIC:
Klonoa 1 - The Windmill Song - YouTube
Klonoa Heroes Sign of Hero (full(no remix)) Lyrics - YouTube
Klonoa 1 - The Tower Of Balue - YouTube
Klonoa 2 - Stepping Wind [Lyrics & Subs] - YouTube

D

Deleted member

As soon as I'm physically able to do so (more on that in my next post), I will make this it's own tab in the OP and will keep it up to date. I had a similar idea awhile back, but I was far too lazy to pull it off; I thank you for your dedication. You're going down in the OP... Still trying to think of a title for you. Again, when I am able to edit it, you will be there.
No problem Groose! Maybe "The Organizer" like lonekonwolf said as that's a very accurate title for me. Also, I updated the original post by putting down today's day. :)
Get well soon, Groose!

Onto today's contenders...

Knuckles
Chance: 1%
The Sonic fanbase is incredibly pollutant and very vocal. If they want a second Sonic character, you bet that they will demand for one. Knuckles has the advantage by being the easiest one to incorporate as he has so many different moves they can use for him due to his combat-oriented nature. However, no one is for sure who they really want for a second 2nd Sonic rep. People say Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc. should be the second rep and thus can't agree on just one. In fact, the poll on this forum just says "2nd Sonic character," that doesn't help really and it doesn't help Sakurai either.
Speaking of Sakurai, I highly doubt that he would add a second Sonic character alone. While he would please the Sonic fanbase, he would have to show some favoritism for Sega (which I bet he wants to avoid ANY sort of favoritism). Also, wouldn't it be unfair if Sonic gets two reps but not Mega Man?
Overall, don't expect a second Sonic rep. I'm giving 1% just incase that fanbase succeeds. I also don't believe that Sonic Heroes playing in Sonic's trailer means anything.
Want: 85%
As I mentioned before, SmashBoards' boy is Roy, but my boy is Knuckles. Sure, he doesn't get 100% want from me as I rather have Tails or Eggman first, but Knuckles is one of my favorite Sonic characters. I grew up with the classic games and the main trio of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles were a part of my childhood. So, seeing Knuckles would be surprising, yet cool at the same time. Besides, I bet he would be fun to play as.
However, he must, and I repeat he MUST help with the soundtrack. I mean, come on, I bet you would love to hear THIS during a battle:

Lucina
Chance: 5%
Barely above Knuckles? Yeah. I probably would have given her a decent 13%, but some developments happened. Marth was just confirmed and before him was the announcement of Alternate Costumes. What does this mean? Well, instead of giving Lucina her own slot, she could be an Alternate Costume of Marth as she is pretty much is, well, a female version of Marth. Granted, while Lucina is her own character in her own game and Nintendo and Intelligent Systems is giving her attention, why would she get her own slot? Why have Lucina get in over veteran Ike, the highly wanted returnee Roy, or the really-likely Chrom? It's not like she is highly fan-demanded either as people pretty much say that Chrom or Roy are going to be the third FE rep. Also, it's likely that Marth alone will represent FE:A (though the website in Japan takes us to some other FE game) and thus would eliminate what little chance Lucina had. To get Lucina to be playable, she would have to overcome obstacles like Roy, Chrom, and being an Alternate Costume for Marth.
Want: 0%
Yes. I want Knuckles more than Lucina. While I absolutely don't care about any Fire Emblem character other than Marth and Ike appearing on the roster, I never cared for Lucina even before. She is a female Marth; that would be a giant waste of a roster slot to me. She would be a semi-clone of Marth or even a full-clone of Marth and this really makes her look terribly uninteresting and unappealing to me. Why have Lucina when I can have a more unique character like Little Mac or King K. Rool? No thanks.

Aeron Prediction: 8.41%
I'll probably abstain on this one. However, I think most people can agree that Shulk is THE character to represent the Operation Rainfall games.

Nominations: Ninten 5x
Raise your voices...

Last edited by a moderator:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Hope you feel better Groose! It's fine if the next week is slow. Most every remaining worthwhile character will be done within the next month, so I sure hope we do Rate the Stages in combination with less likely stragglers/revotes whose chances change as new game information is revealed in coming months.

Knuckles - 0.5%, Tails is more iconic and the only second Sonic character with a serious chance. If Nintendo owned this franchise, it would easily get 4 or 5 characters though. bummerish.

predict Aeron (even if it should be Excitebiker, the mistake was already made :/) 4.5% I think the Rainfall games will get decent representation, but mainly Xeno and its sequel.

Ryu (Street Fighter) x5

Lucina: 50%

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
ah no problem fal, we should be thanking you for updating the thread, I'll be doing this for Groose till he feels better,
so call me a temporary supervisor mates, . . . .
. . .
or wolf, . . . I like wolf better, seeing how its my actual name
sorry mate, the mistake is made, we can't go back and change it seeing how everyone is already predicting, we'll do exictebiker tomorrow,. . .
that is if he does keep enough noms
No problem Groose! Maybe "The Organizer" like lonekonwolf said as that's a very accurate title for me. Also, I updated the original post by putting down today's day. :)
Get well soon, Groose!
glad it actually came in use then mate :awesome:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
KNUCKLES:

Chance: 2%
Sonic is a third party franchise. It getting another rep is completely out of the question, and even if it did, I think that Tails has a better shot.

Want: 90%
Oh Knuckles. Next to obviously Luigi, Knuckles is my all time favorite video game character, for no other reason besides he's awesome. That being said, if Sonic gets another character, I think Knuckles would be the only one I'm okay with. Tails would be fine I guess, and this is EXTREMELY hypothetical, but Knuckles would be my number one choice for a second Sonic rep.
And believe it or not I'm one of those guys who wouldn't hate a second Sonic character, because of the variety of characters the series has.

LUCINA:

Chance: 5%
She's got a decent shot, although alternate costumes basically threw he chances down the drain.

Want: 35%
I really don't think that FE deserves all the attention it's been getting these days on Smashboards, so I'm a little fed up with it and my score may be lower than it would have been a few days back. Although I would rather have Chrom, Roy, Lyn, or Anna as another FE character.

Aeron Prediction: 2.5%
If any Project Rainfall character makes it, it's Shulk. 'Nuff said.

Noms: Starfy x5
Please, I need some help.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
sorry mate, the mistake is made, we can't go back and change it seeing how everyone is already predicting, we'll do exictebiker tomorrow,. . .
that is if he does keep enough noms
Well. it looks like most people are predicting Aeron's score, so I guess we should let it be like that.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Knuckles the Echidna

Chance - 0% - Expecting him to at least have a trophy. Playable? Not a chance.

Want - 0%- Having more than one third party from the same company? I'm afraid that is a slippery slope that should never happen.

Brawler 610, I'd like to thank you for the links to the previous days. Looking back, man, was I surprised at what I rated some characters! This should help me be a bit more consistent with my votes.

Lucina

Chance - 15% - Yeah, my old vote was kinda hard on her. While I still think she is mostly in Chrom's shadow, but at least now I don't see her as just "another Marth."

Want - 33% - Now that I actually have gotten my hands on Awakening, I can say that I like Lucina more than Chrom (Not that it says much. I find Stahl, of all characters, to be more interesting than Chrom). Still, I just can't say that I support her. The series has tomes, staffs, and (my personal favorite) elemental weapons, yet everyone just seems to settle for plain ol' regular swords-people? I don't see why I should settle for this, especially sense I know the series can do so much more.

Aeron Prediction - 6.5% - Xenoblade seems to suck up most of the supporters of the Project Rainfall games. He shouldn't do too badly, but still not as much as we used to have.

Nominations
Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

(PS - Good luck on your recovery, Groose).

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Knuckles chances: 0%. Not a ****ing chance. Knuckles is a minor character from a third-party franchise. Tails is Sonic's sidekick and pretty much the co-protagonist of the games, Eggman is the main villain of the games and also the only character that wouldn't be a Sonic clone, and even Shadow is more popular than Knuckles and is used a lot more for marketing purposes, for some ungodly reason. So no. It isn't happening, and it baffles me that some people actually think it is.

Want: 0%.

Lucina: 5%. Yeah I don't think so

Want: 0%. No attachment to the Fire Emblem series at all, much less a character that is, by all means, a female Marth.

Ganon X5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Knuckles:

Chance: 1.3%
Within the realm of possibility. Sega and Nintendo have a good thing going at the moment, especially with Sonic exclusivity deal, and a fairly high chance that it will continue after the three game contract (Sega have mentioned that Sonic games sell far better of Nintendo, and it's cheaper to produce for Wii U so ya know, win win win). I also think Sakurai is enough of a fan of the classics to bring the original trio to rep sonic, Tails, Knuckle and Sonic; I honestly see Tails without Knuckles very unlikely (0.2%) and knuckles without tails completely impossible... others disagree with this, but that's how I see it.
I also don't think Eggman/Robotnik will be playable because his robots are so iconic (more so even than Wiley's, thus the yellow devil for Megaman), and would make fantastic bosses in adventure mode.. Shadow seems more fitting as an AT given his fan base splitting popularity, though he would get some chance as a last minute clone; more so than team sonic.

1.5% however is still very low, but not that low as third parties go. Lower than the likes of Bomberman or Simon Belmont even with the Konami Wii U debacle, but better than those Raymans and such. 1 slot per third party just seems right at this point especially with the Mario series' representation incomplete (Jr, Toad and Waluigi say hi), but I do see Sonic breaking this first, and maybe even quite soon.
IF SSB5 (or even a major expansion to SSB4) happens, and the sonic exclusivity continues beyond the three games, then I would vote team sonic's chances quite highly... up there alongside first parties, but right now there's just too many important first parties that have yet to be included.

Want: 40%
I honestly do want the Sonic Heroes trio, they would be great! (especially when they finally make a 6 player smash and you can have a team match of Mario, Luigi and Wario/Toad/Peach vs Sonic, Tails and Knuckles), but as I've said, there are necessary first parties sitting around untapped (elite four, Jr and Shulk as minimum) it would be insulting to put the Sonic characters before the many deserving Nintendo franchises. In Smash 5/4 Extend this opinion is liable to change assuming the roster's properly finished.

Lucina:

Chance: 7%
I previously considered her the more likely FE:Awakening rep, and this has changed, but not hugely. The big thing that's changed is my opinions on FE:Awakening getting a rep at all. I think that only hits around 20%. While awakening is hugely popular, the fact is that the game doesn't lend itself to a continuation series because it's set in Marth's continent, and uses Marth's sword. Sure they could continue with the way after Marth's death story, but it's less clear cut separation than Elibe or Tellius, and just to me doesn't lend itself as well to further conflict. Now, we do now know that both those series finished, but they didn't look like they had to, and Elibe had a second game, as would have Tellius if Brawl was released at the intended dates.
I don't see a continuation of the Ylisse and Valm story-lines (I'm sure partially because time travel means we've already seen the continuation, and partially because they're still basically Akaneia and Valentiam)... I'm thinking about 20% chance of the game getting a rep.

Want: 28%
With the same thought process I don't really want a one-off FE character, but I'd understand her inclusion, and I'd be somewhat happy she'd have been picked over Chrom, but not much. Ultimately however, if they reveal that Ylisse and Valm will get continuations then I'd pop that up to 80 odd % instantly.

Excitebiker: 1.4%
IF slime, an absolute legend, can't get over the body shape thing on this board, then I don't see how a wheeley popping biker who's stuck to his mode of transport, from a discontinued game, can.

Tails*5
Slime*5
(slime happy we're getting some goo-d characters to vote on, even if not the most plop-able)

*I'm out of practice on these puns :(*

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Knuckles chance: 0.01%
Sakurai said he's not putting just any third-party character in. Sonic's sidekicks don't qualify as special. I'd be very surprised if we saw another Sonic rep, and if we did, I'd expect to see Tails or Eggman.

Knuckles want: 0%
Knuckles the meh-chidna. I'm not that into Sonic, and Sonic's minor characters who have even more "attitude" do not appeal to me. If Sonic had to get another rep, I'd prefer Tails or Robotnik.

Lucina:
Let me find what I said before... Things haven't really changed, aside from Marth coming back, as expected. Marth's presence does kinda make me think about it more though, and Lucina has a lot of similarity to Marth. Yes, yes, they're not exactly the same. They use different grips or whatever. I think other FE reps are more likely. Slight decline in chance and want, but not much change.

Lucina chances: 4%

Lucina want: 25%

Aeron prediction: 5%
At some point, 5% has to win, right? Xenoblade was more popular and more critically acclaimed and is getting a sequel. And it has the most support, unsurprisingly.

Nominations:
3x Young Link (puts him in the double digits)
2x Pichu

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Knuckles
Chance: 0.1%
Want: 5%
We havent seen multiple characters per company, so its low likelyhood. Of the old Sonic characters (Tails, Robotnik/Eggman, Knuckles) I want him the least, provided hes still rapping :p

Lucina
Chance: 6%
Chrom pretty much covers her basis and is more iconic, and Marth takes up the rest of her specials so.... no.

Aeron: who? 1.2%

Nominations:
Goemon x5

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles chance: 1%. I'd say there's about a 5% chance of another Sonic character, and if there is one, it'll probably be Tails (or Shadow if it's a rushed clone).
Knuckles want: 30%. I'd actually be up for more Sonic representation but it's not gonna happen.

Lucina chance: 5%. Not impossible but Roy, Ike and Chrom are all a lot more likely.
Lucina want: 10%. No thanks. Especially not as an alternate costume.

Aeron prediction: 1%. Total unknown let's be honest.

Nominations:
Banjo & Kazooie x5

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
EY IT'S MAH BOY KNUCKOLES
Chance: 0.001%
I have a very strong feeling that Sakurai will only include one character from a third party franchise, and even then I don't think Knuckles would have much priority over other Sonic characters like Tails or Eggman.
Want: 10%
Only if Pumpkin Hill's theme is in.

lucina oc do not steal
Chance: Abstain
I'll be honest, I haven't played FE: A all that much. I played the demo, but that's about it.
Nope, she doesn't look like Marth at all!

Excitebiker prediction: 2.68%
Meh...

Nominations:
Banjo-Kazooie X5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character
Knuckles
Chance: .50% There are other third party characters more important than him.
Want: 15% I would like it but it will not save him of me questioning what did Sakurai smoke that day to get the idea to include Knuckles in Smash.

Rerate Character
Lucina
Chance: 5% is not happening.
Want: 51% I like Fire Emblem characters and their movesets have always been great.

Predictions
Aeron: 3.75% totally Assist Trophy material.
Excitebiker: 3.00% Mach Rider has a better movepool and better concept for a game like Smash.

Nomination:
Travis Touchdown x 5

.n_n.
(PS. get well soon Groose, good luck in the hospital).

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I hope you feel better Groose! Make sure to drink a potion or something.

Knuckles:
Chances: 0%
I think the chances are very low for Sega to even get a second character. But even lower for Sonic to get two character. Third party characters are limited, so Sakurai won't give two slots to one third party franchise.
Let's keep third party characters to a minimum.

Lucina:
Chances: 25%
All things considered, I do think an Awakening based character has the best shot in being in the game. Given that, should Sakurai consult IS, I believe that they would recommend either Lucina or Robin rather than Chrom, Lucina being the less likely of the two. There are few things in her favor. She has been mentioned as the favorite by some of the developers, and is also Yusuke Kozaki's favorite design. Fire Emblem Awakening's theme is the story of one generation taking over for another, so she would represent the game well in that regard.

Still, she has many perceived similarities to Marth, including her overall look and outfit. They actually wear two different outfits, hence the Marth redesign in Awakening. There is also the question of their perceived similar styles. Remember though, in the DLC, Marth (like every other DLC character) is given her style, not the other way around. Lucina's sword style (you can tell just by her stance) is very different than Marth's from what we've seen in his own games as well as in the Smash series.

However, just because I can perceive these differences doesn't mean Sakurai or even the developers necessarily will. Perception does become reality after time unfortunately. So I can't really give her a high rating, but she does have strong things in her favor.

Want: 100%
She's the only sprite I have in my sig, so that's something. She's probably my second favorite character in Fire Emblem Awakening (after Cherche), my favorite lord in the FE series, and my third favorite character overall in the series (behind Nephenee and Cherche). I've argued for her case on various threads, so my fandom is well known.

On another note, the lack of Micaiah in the FE newcomers discussions really urks me. I feel that her chances are really underrated, so after Matthew has his day I will start nominating Micaiah.

Aeron: 3.5% The only Operation Rainfall protagonist that I do not care for. The lest successful of the bunch by every measure.

Nominations:
Matthew (Golden Sun) x 5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Knuckles: 0% chance, 0% Want
Knuckles is not in a league of his own.

Lucina: 35% chance, 100% Want
Not thinking that the Marth reveal changes much. I still expect her to be the one that IS suggests because every form of Awakening advertisement has her on it.

Nomz: 5x :pichumelee:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Knuckles
Chance: 1% - Even if we are to assume that Sonic were to get a second rep, he is still out-prioritized by Tails, Shadow and Dr. Eggman.
Want: 2% - No thanks.

Lucina
Chance: 12% - She's one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters right now, but she doesn't offer anything unique to the table.
Want: 100% - How can anyone not love her.

Aeron prediction: 4.7%

Nominations: Eevee x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Knuckles
Chance: 0.5%
A secondary character for ANY third party series would be going against what Smash Bros. was originally about; celebrating Nintendo. Knuckles himself is decently popular and very well known however, but he ranks as the 4th most popular Sonic protagonist below Shadow and Tails.

Of recent Knuckles has been missing out in Sonic games more than Tails or even Amy have as well, even being oddly denied a place on Sega Superstars Tennis in favour of the less popular Amy.

Of the other Sonic characters he is certainly the most combat orientated(as if his name didn't give it away) but is distinctly less important to the series

Want: 3%
I grew up with Sonic, and although I was never a Knuckles fan as a kid, he's grown on me as I've gotten older. That said, the only Sonic character I'd want is Tails, who is actually my second favourite video game character of all time, ranking above even Toad.
I'd still give him a piddly want for Smash in comparison though, because his inclusion as playable would mean the 3rd parties were beginning to take over.

Lucina:
Chance: 10%
Less likely than her father being included. Offers less than Robin does. Less popular amongst the Smash community overall than Roy. A very odd choice. Also a bit too similar to Marth both physically, weapon wise and most likely fighting style wise even compared to Melee Roy. Pretty confident she'll be represented via a 'Masked' costume for Marth though.

Want: 0.2%
Played Awakening, and she's probably the character I find the most dull, even compared to her father who tends to get a lot of crap for that.
I honestly think her inclusion in Smash would be a waste of space, so sorry to Lucina fans, but even compared to Chrom I can't see what she'd offer that was different. If you want a female character from Awakening, fer crissakes go with female Robin who at least offers something more than being yet another blue haired sword lord expy of Marth. With the same damn blade.

Excitebiker: Errr...13%? I have no idea. Probably will do worse than Mach Rider though.
Aeron: 2%. Overshadowed by the Incredible Shulk.

Nominations:
5 X Substantial Yoshi Alterations (Yarn, Babies, etc) I WILL GET THIS TO 100.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Kunckles' chances: 0% - Can't see Sonic getting a second rep.
Want: 10% - I like him, but I'm not a big fan of the idea of a third party series having two reps.

Lucina's chances: 6% - I don't think she's the most likely Awakening rep, and I've become more doubtful about the chances of one.
Want: 60% - I'd likely enjoy using her.

Areon prediction: 4.93%

Muddy Mole x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles
Likelihood: 5%

Want: 55%
If Sonic got another rep I'd want him

Lucina
Likelihood: 12.5%
Let's face it, we're getting an awakening character, but she is next in line after Chrom, However, she is female... I don't know how much that counts for...
To be honest, I think she might replace Lyn for the Assist trophy position...

Want: 100%
While Chrom fans might be disappointed, I'd rather see someone other than the obvious choice. I do think this is an opportunity to add a female character.

Areon
Prediction: 1%

Nominations:
Krystal x5

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles Chance: 0%. Don't see any third parties getting a second character
Knuckles Want: 100%, Would love to see him in it though, since Knuckles is awesome

Lucina Chance: 25%. She's one of the most popular Lords, she has a huge skill pool to fall back on for moveset ideas, and has a unique fighting style. Plus, IS love to use her on merchandise, and she's kinda become the poster girl for Awakening now that it's out everywhere, so I think that IS would suggest her if Sakurai goes to them. Still Roy and Chrom are probably more likely than she is.
Lucina Want: 100%.

I don't understand how Marth's reveal has lowered her chances, since Marth returning was inevitable anyway. If anything, this should have raised them, since it confirms that Marth isn't using her design.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Knuckles

Chance: 2% - I don't think we'll be getting anymore Sonic characters.

Want: 30% - It would be kind of cool to have second characters from 3rd parties, though.

Lucina

Chance: 25% - I wouldn't say it's impossible. Sakurai likes making easy clones to flesh out the roster.

Want: 50% - I am indifferent.

Aeron Prediction: 10.9% - I think he's behind Shulk, personally.

Nominations:
Nintendawg x5

D

Deleted member

Excitebiker: Errr...13%? I have no idea. Probably will do worse than Mach Rider though.
Despite the fact that the Excitebiker beat Aeron in terms of nominations, we will be rating Aeron tomorrow.

A NOTE: I just checked my list of every single day in Rate Their Chance and apparently it no longer links to the posts. Instead, it links to the page that's the post is on. I guess this is mostly because the title of the thread has changed. However, since it does go to the page that the post is on, it's not that big of a deal.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Knuckles Likeliness: 0% Sceond 3rd parties series cahracter? Not going to happen. Unless Nintendo bought Sonic/ SEGA. Want: 25% I would rather see other new third parties but Knuckles would be my choice for another sonic character. Lucina Likeness: 10% All Nintendo characters have a chance. But Marth is already in and Chrom/Robin is the main character of the game. Want: 40% I would rather have Robin, Maiciah or Lyn, but still is a good choice. Aeron Prediction: 5% I don't know who this character is. Shulk seems more likely. Nominations Nx5

Daniee

Smash Cadet
Knuckles
Chance: 2% -- Supporting character in a third party series when there's a very limited amount of spaces for third party characters... doesn't look too good.
Want: 90% -- Knux is awesome, and I like playing as powerful characters.

Lucina
Chance: 15% -- Probably the most popular character in Fire Emblem: Awakening, so she has that going for her, but there's still the problem of her not really offering anything that unique, which Sakurai has stressed is important when picking characters.
Want: 50% -- While I prefer to have characters that are unique, I do like her character a lot, so I can't say I'd be that opposed to her inclusion.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Oh hey, a Lucina re-rate! A shame she's taking such a huge hit, as if Marth's inevitable reveal and one alternate costume in the game really change her chances that drastically.

Knuckles - 0%
Sonic being in Smash is a very special case, just like any other third party that hopes to be in. Having two characters from the same franchise? Just seems unrealistic.
Want - 0% - Sonic is plenty of representation for his franchise.

Lucina - 50%
I've said my piece on Lucina before, but put simply, it's like this: if Sakurai asks IS which FE characters to use like he has before, there's a strong chance they recommend Lucina as the face of FE:A post-launch, even above Chrom. Not to say that's a given, and Chrom has about an even chance of inclusion, but given Lucina's popularity and importance to Awakening, her chances aren't to be underestimated just because she disguises herself as "Marth" and could viably be made a costume.

(As a side note, assuming alternate costumes are throughout the cast and can have unique voiceovers, there's an even stronger chance Chrom and Lucina both appear and just take up the same slot and use the same moves, as that's how they're portrayed in Awakening anyway. Would end up making my Lucina prediction wrong since Chrom would probably be the base character in such a situation, but considering it would be the best of both worlds for fans of both characters, I wouldn't mind being wrong.)

Want - 100% - My favorite FE character with any real chance at being in Smash (Sorry, Owain and Yarne).

Aeron - 5.5%
I don't really know him and will likely abstain the round, but I'm predicting some generosity in ratings.

Nominations
Chrom x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Big thanks to Wolf and Koopa for taking care of things here. You guys are the best.

Moving on to business...

Knuckles Chance: 0%
Maybe, just maybe they decide to give Tails a buddy. That's a possibility, however slight. However... Why Knuckles? Tails is the more well-known of the duo, and he possesses greater importance to the series. Eggman is also incredibly iconic and, as the primary villain, deserves more spotlight than the "rival." Also, you may not like it, but you can't deny it: Shadow would be the easiest Sonic newcomer to make and he's exceedingly popular.

Sorry, Knux, but that leaves no room for you.

Knuckles Want: 75%
I speak of ideals. A game promoting, celebrating the great history of Nintendo! A game where characters possess a great deal of uniqueness and bring something awesome to the table! A game where only the greatest third-parties can shine alongside the best of Nintendo!

But, yeah, I guess you could call me a hypocrite, or perhaps a human. Why? I love Knuckles the Echinda. I grew up with Sonic... Sonic was always Mr. Cool, but Knuckles was pure awesome. When he showed up, stuff got real. I always place him among my favorite video game characters, I just couldn't say NO to him, y'know? He's behind only Professor Layton in terms of wanted third-party characters for me, I'd venture.

I don't flaunt my support for Knuckles because I know it's hypocritical. I just hope that Nintendo can merge or consume Sega so it ISN't hypocritical.

Lucina Chance: 20%
I remember getting down on her for being unimportant the last time I rated her. That's kind of harsh, I think, so I boosted things a tad. Alternate Costumes really don't hurt her too much... She's got enough to get her own slot, methinks. I doubt Sakurai will go overboard with the costumes.

Lucina Want: 20%
Looks like Marth, acts like Marth, fights like Marth. At the very least, her gender makes her more interesting than the other full swordsmen the franchise has to offer, as much as I hate to admit it. Seriously, I'm riding the Robin or bust train for Fire Emblem nowadays.

Aeron Prediction: 3.23%
Operation Rainfall is "old news." I guess we'll rate him today, because of the confusion yours truly idiotically caused.

X5 Groose
Almost there... When he's there, I'm taking the Tingle Express!

Day over

I'm Back!

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles

Chance: 0% - There's no way we're getting 2 sonic characters and, even if we miraculously do, tails, shadow and eggman take priority based on popularity and importance.

Want: 55% - I love the Sonic Series and think that, despite being very odd at first a 3rd party series with 2 reps, he would be cool, interesting and unique and would perfectly fit.

Lucina

Chance: 20% - Awekening is very popular, important and notorious but has 3 protagonists fighting for a slot (Chrom, Robin and Lucina). FE will certainly get 2 slots (Marth and another), but 3 is not guaranteed.Moreover, besides the other 2 awakening protagonists, she also faces the competition of the very requested Roy and the Brawl veteran Ike.

Want: 60% - I think that another blue-haired swordman (or woman) is redundant when we already have Marth and probably Ike but I liked her in Awakening.

Aeron Prediction: 6,4%

Nomination:
Blaziken x 5

Groose

Smash Champion
Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
0.90% chance
27.34% want

Knuckles is one tough guy, but even his fists can't break into Smash. With a lower than one percent chance and a putrid want, he fell victim to the "burn anything from Sonic that isn't Sonic" mentality. For some reason, a picture of Waluigi is in my head right now. I don't know wa.

Lucina (Fire Emblem)
15.39% chance (previously 22.56%)
45.73% want (previously 42.30%)

Meh. She lost about a third of her chance to Marth and Alternate Costumes, but remained roughly in the same statistical ballpark. Her want increased, but by so little that it may just be incidental. A rather disappointing rerate.

Today we'll be rating Aeron. I know there's been confusion and technically Excitebiker should be on top, but stuff happens. Aeron is the star of the critically acclaimed Pandora's Tower; the companion game to Xenoblade in terms of Operation Rainfall. Shulk's proved popular; can Aeron do the same? Please rate Aeron in chance and want.

Once again, an apology. Even with all the help I'm getting, service sucks now. Please take a concept as an apology. Please rate the chance and want of Yoshi receiving a moveset overhaul. What is an overhaul? Well, more than changing just a aerial or two; changes to special attacks and several other parts of the moveset are needed to truly be an overhaul. Basically, a causual had to say, "woah, that's different." I'd consider Pit one, and Bowser is borderline. Possibilities for a Yoshi overhaul include Yarn Yoshi, having Baby Mario join him in combat, or perhaps just a new system of throwing eggs. Anyway, please rate an overhaul in chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll rate Excitebiker. Yup. Please predict how Excitebiker will dare; if you already did that yesterday, I'm sorry; could you copy/paste that, bitte Schoen? Smasher101 wins the nomadic today.

Groose Out!

Groose

Smash Champion
Were my rates counted?
Yes. Normally, only your nominations, prediction, and revote rates would be counted (I normally have to ock in your primary character rating so I can calculate the predictions winner), but I managed to pull a quick edit and get your Knuckles rating in, too. Didn't really budge his chance by but .03%, but his want did rise a fair bit.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Aeron

Chance: 10% Shulk sort of stole his spotlight.
Want: 50%

Yoshi Overhaul

Chance: 70% I wouldn't surprised if they were doing some huge work on Yoshi, it would explain why he wasn't in the first trailer and has still yet to be shown.
Want: 100% Not a Yoshi fan but I do want veteran characters to be changed some, so it just doesn't look like a Brawl copy and paste.

Excitebiker: 22.5%

Chrom x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom