• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Captain Syrup:

Chance:
.4%
I do not see it happening. I think the reasoning should be fairly obvious.

Want:
3%
I'd play her every once and awhile, but I have no attachment to the character whatsoever. I'd much rather Mona or Ashley get in if anyone from the Wario series does.

Waluigi:

Chance:
6.66%
He's undeniably popular and has more moveset potential than he honestly deserves. However, I don't see him getting in unless Sakurai listens to the rabid fans or if he warms up to him and adds him due to his moveset potential. Even with those possibilities in mind, he's not getting in before Toad or Bowser Jr....or even Rosalina (I'm not sure how I feel about Paper Mario). If he ever gets into a Wario game, though, consider him one of the biggest contenders for SSB5. Like, 70% contender.

Want:
82%
I have a story to tell you:
Next door to me are two twins who I occasionally babysit. They are ridiculously nice and stay extremely positive despite their mother being clinically ill. I introduced these twins to Super Smash Bros.. First, we played Brawl so that they could get ahold of the basics of the game, since Brawl is obviously the more casual of the two franchises. After that, we moved on to Melee. They now consider Super Smash Bros. to be one of their favorite series. When I told them that SSB4 was coming out, they both immediately mentioned Waluigi as a character they wanted to see. You see, they play Mario Kart and all that jazz, and they were honestly confused and a little upset that Wario was in the game and Waluigi was not. They said "How can you have Wario without Waluigi? They're like brothers!". That made me realize that many casual players of the game really want Waluigi because of the spin-off titles. That, combined with the fact that Waluigi has so much personality, made me really want him in Smash. Both for my enjoyment and for the enjoyment of those twins. I am far too much of a sap. I shouldn't want him. Especially not when I want Toad...but I do. Darn twins.

Okay, storytime's over.

Prediction for Pauline:
.33%
No. Just...no.

Nominations:
x5 Daitoryo

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Syrup:

Chance: 0.2%
I doubt we'll even get a Wario Land stage (for shame) given how Warioware is the fat man's main claim to fame, the chances of her getting a character slot seems slim. IF we get a Wario Land stage (I hope we do), or section in adventures mode, then I imagine she'll be appearing in the background, or maybe even as a boss... AT may be pushing it.

Want: 25%
I like the Wario Land series, and it would be nice if it got some more representation in smash than an alt costume... but I think Project:M style changes to Wario's move set, a stage and adenture mode segments would be bother better, and more fitting, for it's representation.

Waaaah:

Chance: 8%
I'm pretty sure I rated him lower last time, and I still feel he's less likely than Jr or Toad, but mario spin-offs are a big deal, and he is a popular character... given the huge success of mario and sonic the olympic games I foresee a stage (at least loosely because of olympic copyrights) based on the series, with more sports reflection, and Waluigi would fit if they really want to push it... but I don't think sakurai will go that far when we already have Wii Fit Trainer covering the sports and fitness aspect quite well...

Want: 40%
Waaaah!

Pauline: 7.6%
I'm constantly surprised at how high characters get, so I'll guess higher than I really expect

I don't want two sonic characters one after another, would get boring:

Brawl Pokémon and Mewtwo*2
Slime *3

(Slime back!)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
C. Syrup: 6% Either her or Ashley. Nobody else.
Want: 20%

Waluigi: 15%
He's just added more competition with Rosalina.
Want: 10%
No

Pauline: 1.2%

5x Dark Samus

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
C. Syrup: 12%
Want: ... 30% , why not, she has some history and relevanz

Waluigi: 50%
Want: 100%
Despite being a filler Character without an own game, he is one of my few most wanted characters in SmashBros.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Captain Syrup:
Chances: 5%
Unfortunately, the Wario Ware series has superseded the Wario Land series in terms of standing with Nintendo. As such, I would say most Wario Ware reps have a better chance than Syrup (still a very low chance overall).|

Want: 50%
Couldn't hurt.

Waluigi:

Chances: 5%
Waluigi's best chance of getting as a Mario rep, because he in no way can represent the Wario series. He hasn't had a major role other than one small cameo in any of the games. He hasn't made a single appearance in the main Mario series, so it would be hard to see how well he would represent that series. He could represent the sports/kart side of things, but most of his competition could that as well (Toad, Boswer Jr, Rosalina, etc), and more.

There's also the fact that he wasn't created by Nintendo. This matters in so much as if Sakurai went to EAD Tokyo (current Mario developers) and asked them who would they like to see as a rep, I think Waluigi would be among the last characters they would pick. Finally, he is a fairly hated character since his introduction both by the gaming press and the fan community. He was lucky he appeared as Assist Trophy, as that made people forget how much they forgot about him in the Mario series.

If he's not important enough to appear in the Wario series or the main Mario series, then I find it really challenging to consider him anything close to being worth of being a Nintendo All-Star in Smash.

Want: 0%
I don't really like the character. I don't think that he would really add to the roster in a way that other characters I have suggested could. Additionally, keep in mind Nintendo cares so little about the character, is that they have really failed to even flesh out his background. So the addition of Waluigi would not "finish the bros" pairings, because he's not Wario's brother. The relationship is unclear and Nintendo doesn't appear to care. And neither do I.

Pauline; 1.34%
Let's first get Mario to admit he dumped her as soon as he found a new girl with political connections, before we get her into Smash. Baby steps, people.

Nominations:
Matthew (GS) x 5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Captain Maple Syrup
Chance: 4%
Even this is pushing it. Captain Syrup is a sorely neglected antagonist, and most certainly the most deserving secondary Wario rep(No Waluigi doesn't count, in the same way Birdo is not a Yoshi rep). Unfortunately for the sly pirate queen, she's a part of the Wario Land franchise which in Smash gets overlooked for Warioware(and it's understandable; Warioware is by far my favourite drinking game*) and as a result she's a very unlikely inclusion.

*drink responsibly, Smashers.

Want: 80%
She's one of those neglected characters from yesteryear I love so much, but she's also the only person to manage to screw over Wario(outside of Toad and Mario) and as a result I'm quite fond of her. She's a villain, she's a pirate, and she wears a lot of purple. I have no idea why she's not that popular on these forums considering she's ticking all the boxes Smashboarders like. Heck, if you want more female or villain representation(although not sure why either are your defining representation of choice) then Syrup is a fantastic inclusion.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Chance: 10%
Waluigi's got a lot of crap going against him. He's spinoff only, he has strong competition from Jr., Paper Mario, Toad(Blue/Captain) and now Rosalina, he has the largest hate base of the Mario franchise, isn't a Wario character(which would of increased his chances since less competition) and it's doubtful the Mario series will even get another character at all, nevermind it being Waluigi. If he fails to make the cut though he'll be back as an Assist Trophy most likely.

Want: 25%
I like Waluigi as a matter of fact. He doesn't make my list of wanted Smashers, and he's only just in my personal top ten most liked Mario characters, but Mario spinoffs are a big thing, easily outselling a lot of the other franchises already included in Smash. Mario Kart alone is one of the biggest series on the planet. I don't however, particularly want him playable in Smash before Toad(obvious bias is obvious, but you can deal with it) or even my least favourite Mario character Bowser Jr. who frankly, as loathed as I am to say this, is far more deserving of a place in Smash than Waluigi at this point.

Had Waluigi(and Wario) been the stars of New Super Mario Bros. 2; a game about greed, money grabbing and trying to become rich(which let's face it suits the Wario Bros. better than the Mario Bros.) I'd be far more supportive of his inclusion, but until the day I see him in a platformer, I can't advocate him as a Super Mario Bros. rep.

Pauline Prediction: 1%
Pauline is going to do worse than Daisy.

Nominations:
Substantial Yoshi Changes (Yarn, Babies) x5

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Captain Syrup:

Chance: 0%
Wario doesn't need a new rep. Like, AT ALL. But if there is one, it'd be Ashley or Katana or even Jimmy T. So I doubt there would be any Mario reps.
Want: 5%
If there IS a Wario rep, I want Ashley. Never even thought of Syrup, anyway.

Waluigi:

Chance: 5%
He seriously has WAY too much competition, mainly by Rosalina and Jr.
Want: 95%
He is like the FACE of Mario Sports. My most wanted Mario newcomer as well now that I'm not a fan of King Boo anymore.

Pauline: 0.5%
Really? Why?

Nominations: Sinnoh Trainer x5

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Captain Syrup

There really isn't much that Captain Syrup offers that would warrant a playable rep. Wario is enough for his series representation.

Waluigi
Want: 50%

Waluigi is literally a spin-off character, which really hurts his chances. All of his game appearances pretty much mean nothing but an Assist Trophy chance if he hasn't been in even one mainstream title.

Pauline
Prediction: 0%

Not happening, and nothing more to be said.

Nominations
x5 Dark Samus

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Captain Syrup:

Chance: 0% - Might aswell call it that, since she isn't going to be in.

Waluigi:

Chance: 15%

Want: 5% - If only to keep quoting BitF and be a nuisance.

Pauline Prediction: 0.82%

Nominations:
5x Brawl Pokémon and Mewtwo

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Syrup:

Chance: 3% well if Wario gets another character this would be one of the most llkely...
Want: 30% *shrugs*

Waluigi
Chance: 8%
Want: 40%

Pauline: .63%

Nomz:
Bulborb x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Captain Syrup
Likelihood: 3%
Want: 85%

Waluigi
Likelihood: 10%
Want: 95%

Pauline: 1.35%

Rhythm Heaven rep x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Captain Syrup Chance: 5.5% Not really familar with the Wario Land series.
Captain Syrup Want: 10%
Waluigi Chance: 14% He's got a solid shot, his uniqueness is beyond comparison that might make Sakurai consider.
Waluigi Want: 70%
Pauline Prediction: 7.65%
Nominations:
x5 Nintendog

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Captain Maple Syrup:

Analysis:

PROS!
+Is recurring Wario Land Character
+Works as an antagonist
+Has a tad bit of potential
+Not a super-one-off character
+Absolutely no competition
CONS!
-Games haven't sold well as of late
-Basically nonexistant because WarioWare is in power now
-Feels a tad generic
-Wario Land series is no longer as big as it used to be

Overall, Syrup has no chances because WarioWare has taken over Wario as a character, with the latest title being rather underappreciated. However, what Syrup has going for her is she has nothing in terms of Wario Land competition, other than the Shake King (Who was a one-off)

Chances: 4%- Not likely, but if Wario Land somehow gets represented, it's her.

Want: 0.1%- I really, really do not like Captain Syrup. End of story.

WALUIGI TIME

Analysis:

PROS!
+Other "Wario Brother"
+Would round out the package of Mario characters rather nicely.
+Has potential with a moveset.
-Is very unique.
CONS!
-Has became, like Daisy, a spinoff character in recent times.
-Just plain creepy to some people.
-Has no real role other than being in spinoffs in almost any game.
-This.

Overall, Waluigi has a decent shot, but he's became less important in the games, relegated to anti-Luigi spinoff character.

Chances: 11%- Not very likely, but he's one unique guy.

Want: Out of my own desire to have a complete set of Mario/Wario Brothers, I was a tad shocked that Brawl had no Waluigi. So because I like my cake complete, he gets a 33%.

Pauline:
I'm Predicting..... NO. JUST NO. .9%- Groose, why... WHY DID IT COME TO THIS, WHY CAN'T WE JUST RERATE SOME CHARACTER AGAIN?!

Who gets my nominations today?
Paper Mario, because I don't want Day 101 to be a complete waste. X5 (If he gets 3 more Noms, we get a revote! And remember that the next day will be the 100th Vote since!)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Captain Syrup

Chance - 0.1% - Not exactly the most likely character. She may make it if Sakurai decides to add more Wario Land content, but I don't really see it happening.

Want - 45% - Nothing really against her, but I like Tetra more as a pirate.

Waluigi

Chance - 13%- Not much has changed to affect him, but Rosalina being a contender definitely decreases his chances by a bit.

Want - 50% - Eh. Don't care.

Pauline Prediction - 1.25% - Good alternate pallet, but not really that good for a character.

Nominations
Hades X3
Dark Matter X2

Louie G.

Smash Hero
CAPTAIN SYRUP:
Chance: 2.5%
The funny thing is that she's one of the front runners for a new Wario rep. So obviously it's not happening any time soon.

Want: 90%
I don't see why nobody wants Captain Syrup. She can rep the Wario Land games without having to change Wario's moveset, she's another female, and she's a fun and original character overall. I'd rather have this pirate than Tetra tbh.

WALUIGI YEAH YEAH YEAH:

He's honestly got a better shot than some people say. He's about 5th in the running for a new Mario character, and when you consider all the Mario characters there are, that's pretty darn good.

Want: 90%
Sure, there are more deserving Mario characters, but I have a bit of a soft spot for Waluigi. He's the evil clone of my favorite video game character, so it baffles me why I like him so much. Maybe it's just the comedy and antics he can bring.

Pauline Prediction: 1.5%
Nah.

Noms: Paper Mario x5
Why wouldn't I help out my most wanted newcomer? Renom, here we come!

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Captain Syrup
Chance 6%
The main antagonist of the Wario Land series gives her something, but I don't really know if Sakurai really cares about representing the Wario Land series. In Brawl, Wario's moveset and design was almost completely based off of the Wario Ware games, and the only Wario stage we got was also a Wario Ware stage. But who knows, Sakurai's changed his opinion on more than a few things already with Smash 4, so maybe he'll change his thoughts on Wario Land, but I'd say that it's still a bit to early to assume a completely new character.

Want 70%
I always forget about her, and in all honesty, I really like the idea. Her moveset could be interesting, she would add another female to the roster, and a new Wario rep would definitely be welcomed by me.

I'd still say that she's the highlight of the Mario, Donkey Kong, Wario "princess combo."

Waluigi
Chance 15%
I still find it rather likely that we'll receive a fifth Mario rep. I just have a hard time seeing us getting anyone other than the obvious front runners (Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., and Toad). However, I would still say that Waluigi is a distant, yet clear cut 4th option.

Want 50%
Could be fun.

Pauline 1.2%

Nomination
Dark Samus x3
Excitebiker x2

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Captain Syrup

Chance - 10%
I mean... I could see her making an appearance, but she seems so far gone, that it would be impossible. Wario seems to only be represented as a WarioWare character instead of Wario Land. It kinda sucks, really, but with that being said, I can only see WarioWare reps making an appearance.

Want - 10%
It would be cool to see her in the game, but she's definitely not a character that I really want in Smash Bros. 4. I would be pretty pleased by it though. :)

Waluigi

Chance - 30%
Maybe his chances aren't as low as I truly believe they are (of course, this is simply what I'm assuming from the mind of ze great Sakurai himself), mostly due to Sakurai clearly acknowledging the fact that he was a decently desired character when revealing him as an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Though I will say, I would be very surprised if he made it in.

Want - 100%
Dude's my favorite Nintendo character, as well as my most wanted newcomer. Of course he's 100% wanted. :p

Pauline - 0%
I... really don't see this happening at all.

Nominations:
Paper Mario x2

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Captain Syrup

Chance - 1%

Want - 100%

Waluigi

Chance - 0%
puh-leassse.... he'll be a palette swap/assist trophy (and theres not a guarantee all assist trophies will be back)... hes never even been in the Wario series for crying out loud. Nintendo always has that unspoken rule of him being playable only in sports and party games. I don't see this changing soon.

Want - 0%

Pauline - 2.5%

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Captain Syrup
Chance: 0% - She's not important, end of discussion.
Want: 0% - Because she's creepy looking. :(

Waluigi
Chance: 27% - His best shot of getting in will be if Sakurai decides he wants a character that represents the Mario spin-offs.
Want: 25% - I expected a better 100 day present. :(

Pauline prediction: 2.6%

Nominations: Aeron x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Syrup

Chance: 1%

Purple Mario
Hes not in the main games for a good reason, but he would be the best choice for a spinoff game rep for the mario series, other than maybe Toad. He was literally made to be Warios tennis partner.
His downsides is his :troll: features, so he gets alot of hate.
Paper Mario, Bowser Junior, Rosalina and Toad first, then we'll talk.

Pauline: 0.6%
She has a shot to be an alt costume and thats it, but thats not what this game is about.

Nominations:
Goemon x5

Is Goemon this thing in your user image??
Yes my profile pic is Goemon. Hes owned by Konami and has little chance, but I can dream, cant I?

Best game over screen? I think so.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...Fwatch%3Fv%3DwO53Pe290Sk%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Captain Syrup

chance 20%15% I think people here forget that anything <50% is a lower chance and that they lean too much to the negative side of things. I don't and I like to use any argument I can find for the character. Captain Syrup is one of the most distinguished Wario characters so much that Nintendo found it worthy of her return for Wario Land Shake it. However what really hurts her is that Wario Ware gets much more focus than Wario Land. She has competition between the Ware characters and a Wario newcomer already seems unlikely, but i'll give her that she is one of the more iconic Wario characters.
want 75% I second everything Louie G. said about her.

Waluigi
chance 25% I believe the other characters Toad, Rosalina, Bowser Jr, and Paper Mario surpass him and he's got the same cred as Daisy too.
Want 5% I'm not convinced.

Pauline predict 2%

Funky Kong x5
King Boo x5

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Captain Syrup

Chance: 0%
Don't see it happening. At all.

Want: 30%
Wouldn't mind. Wario Land could use a bit more recognition. She should be a trophy at least, I think.

Waluigi

Has too much competition, and isn't really a main series character in the Mario games.

Want: 10%
I like him more as a goofy assist trophy.

Nominating Lip 5x go go go.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Captain Syrup's chances: 1% - I really don't see Wario getting a new rep. Even if it did, I think it'd be a WarioWare character.
Want: 55% - Slightly interested.

Waluigi's chances: 4% - I don't expect a spin-off character to get in over characters like Bowser Jr. and Toad.
WAAAAnt: 20% - Eh.

Pauline prediction: 0.49% - I can't see this ever happening. Judging by some of these predictions, I'm not the only one.

Ninten x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Bandana Dee is a different situation from Toad. Nintendo and HAL have been putting him on par with Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede. While Bandana Waddle Dee is… well, a Waddle Dee with a Bandana, I can't put him on the same level as Toad. When Bandana Dee is seen as a part of King Dedede's side special, then we can talk about him and Toad.
Bandana Dee doesn't even have a name. He's just "Waddle Dee". In Japan, at least, Toad is known as Kinopio. It probably was a mistake for them not to give him a unique name in other countries.
I think people here forget that anything <50% is a lower chance and that they lean too much to the negative side of things.
Nope. 49% is not at all a "lower score". With dozens of plausible newcomers, and likely less than 15 newcomers (given Sakurai's comments about emphasizing new characters less), I would say anything over 15% is a pretty good score. Anything above 50% is a great score.

Anyway

Captain Syrup

I have to admit, I don't know a lot about the Wario Land series, having never played it.

But she doesn't seem to have a lot of popularity. Her relevancy is boosted by Wario Land Shake It! featuring her, and making Wario Land in general more relevant. But it still seems like Wario Ware gets more importance.

My model says that the Wario games have the sales to justify another rep giving the series fairly high 0.7-0.9 new reps. But unfortunately for Captain Syrup, the problem is that only Wario is really that well-known. Wario Ware overshadows Wario Land, and Wario Ware has a large supporting cast, rather than a few strong supporting characters that would be obvious choices for another rep. So I think that it's heavily overrating those chances - all the essential characters of the Wario series are already included: Wario. And there's some chance that if Waluigi DID make it into SSB4, he would be considered part of Wario's group (yes, it would not be canon, but he's generally Wario's partner in the Sports games, he's paired with him in Nintendo Monopoly, etc. and I could see it as a move Sakurai would make).

Captain Syrup chances: 3%
She's pretty obscure, and Wario doesn't really need another rep, IMO. If Sakurai decided first that he wanted to add another Wario rep, then looked at the potentials, she'd be a strong contender. But I don't think that's the only direction it goes - Sakurai also considers whether a character should be in on their own merits, not just whether the series is important enough to deserve another rep. On that count, most Wario characters are going to fall way short of what the series' overall sales and popularity would suggest.

Captain Syrup want: 45%
Meh. Indifference.

Waluigi

Not a whole lot has changed in Mario series terms, and nothing for Wario. But there are a few things that could change things from last time.
  • Mario's entire Brawl cast has already been revealed. This is pretty early, considering some other important series (Pokemon, DK) haven't even had a second character revealed. This suggests that a 5th slot is a real possibility.
  • Toad has been revealed... to still be a part of Peach's move set. He could still get in, they could still change Peach, etc. but this definitely boosts the chances of remaining Mario characters.
  • Rosalina's chances have risen with more information about Super Mario 3D World and the Mario Galaxy stage (although the latter doesn't matter as much as the former)
So there are a couple of things that help him, and one that hurts him. Thinking more about the fact that he wasn't created by Nintendo has also made me think he's a little less likely. All in all, mostly a wash, I'd say.

Waluigi chances: 10%

Waluigi want: 54%
Same as before.

Pauline Prediction: 0.5%
Forgot this earlier. Does anyone think this is happening?

Nominations:
x5 Dr. Mario

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Captain Syrup
Chance - .6%
The people that know/are aware of Captain Syrup are pretty much limited to the really knowledgeable. It'd be an addition no one would acknowledge, it's far too obscure by now. Besides, Wario represents Wario Ware more than Wario Land, and unless we see a proper revival of the latter and a return of Syrup, then there's no reason to even hope for her to appear.

Want - 0%
Her slot would be one of those I'd want going to someone else. It'd be sad to see her join over other, more deserving characters.

Waluigi
Chance - 5%
Overrated character. At this point, even Rosalina has surpassed him in that she actually has done both spin off AND main game platforming. It'd also be extremely trollish for Waluigi to even appear compared to Toad, who at this point really is the most deserving Mario rep.
Waluigi really just hasn't gotten that recognition outside of party/sport games, and it's not like they need different Mario characters to represent those. The only thing that concerns me about this one is that he has gotten so much attention. It baffles me why.

Want - 10%
A small part of me would be amused, but that's just thanks to the webcomics and what they do with him. And that's really not enough of a reason to want a character.

Prediction
Pauline - 3.56%
Her?

Nominations
x5 Rhythm Heaven rep

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Legend has it, a man with a quirky sense of humor wandered around these lands. He game some convincing scores, while remaining witty and clever. However, one day, he stopped posting. He was gone for quite a while because he was busy as hell and didn't felt motivated to continue with the game.

But now, he has returned, on this special day, just for the sake of it...

---

Aye! Sorry, me mateys! Been trapped an' wanderin' around the nasty ol' lake of hell, also be known as schoolwork! But, don't ye worry! I hath return for this very occasion!

Alright, the hell with the pirate talk, let's rate the pirate lady!

Captain Syrup
Chances: 12% - Maybe a bit merciful with her, but don't think the possibility of a new Wario newcomer is all that farfetched. Unlikely as hell, but whatevs.
Want: 8% - As much as I sympathize with her for being a Wario Land character, I have no connection with the character. AYE, I'LL PLAY THE FIRST WARIO LAND GAMES SOON, THO.

King of all that's Purple.
Chances: 7% - He's got no chance in hell. He's got very few things going for him other than his overall awkwardness. Besides, he's too purple for Smash :troll:
Want: 87% - Let me put in ways you'll understand:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Pauling McCartney (that sounded wrong)
Prediction: 15% - IDK. GET IT? IT HAS "DK" IN IT! I'M TOO DAMN LAME TO BE FUNNY! (angst)

MONITAMION!

I MEAN, NOMINATIONS!
Googol. A one... followed by A HUNDRED ZEROES!! (x3)
Oh, and as I promised...
"I admire your lips of perfect symmetry." (x2)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Captain Syrup - 10% Wario Land isn't all that big of franchise, and WarioWare content seems to take priority over it in Smash. Plus, she has tons of competition with WarioWare characters such as Ashley and Jimmy T. I can't really see Syrup getting in.

Want - 20% I guess she could be fun to play as, although I'd much prefer Tetra for a pirate character. And I'd rather have Ashley for a Wario newcomer.

Waluigi - 17% A character frmo a bunch of Mario spin-off games, Waluigi has yet to get an official game of his own, unlike Mario, Luigi and Wario, and hasn't even appeared as a side character outside of spin-offs. And he also has loads of competition with other possible Mario newcomers, including Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and even Rosalina. I see a lot of things standing in Waluigi's way, though I simply cannot say he has no chance at all.

Want - 95% One of my most wanted newcomers. I do see potential in him, such as making use of items from spin-offs such as tennis rackets and baseballs, as a character who has so far only appeared in thsee spin-offs, and most of them at that, I think he would be perfect for that. He has also been shown to be able to shoot his own symbol as a projectile, and it is not uncoomon for him to use Bob-ombs as well. And then theres BitF, the webcomic that made him rather famous among Nintendo fans. I swear, if Waluigi could scrream "WAA" as part of his moveset if he actually managed to get in I'd be laughing for the entire day.

Pauline Prediction - 0%

She ain't getting in, and I think most people will realize that she doesn't have a chance.

x5 Count Bleck.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
ms. syrup: 2% one word. scratch that, one name. MONA.
Want: 10% but still, Mona is way better. actually, I don't think we have ever rated mona. that will be a good day.

WAA: 30%
WAAAAAAAAAAAAnt: 60% because WAA

pauline: 0.70

noms:
mona since I like to nom on her pizza x3
eevee
pichu

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Nope. 49% is not at all a "lower score". With dozens of plausible newcomers, and likely less than 15 newcomers (given Sakurai's comments about emphasizing new characters less), I would say anything over 15% is a pretty good score. Anything above 50% is a great score.
This close to how I view my ratings, although I probably would say anything over 25% is a good score. There are only a handful of newcomers I would put at over 50%

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Captain Syrup- 2%
Spots are too valuable for a nobody like her.

Want- 5%
Wario villain is nice I guess.

Pauline- 0.26%

Scrooge McDuck x5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Happy Day 100!!

Pun Time!!!! :grin:

Captain Syrup
Chance: 1%
Want: 2%
He isn't Grade A.

Waluigi:
Ehhh maybe next (Waluigi) time!
Want: .5%
Nope...

Prediction for Pauline: .12%
Slip and fall on DK's bananas

Nominations
PAC Man x5
The PAC is back (for nominating)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Captain

Chance: 1% - don't see it.
Want - 0%

WALUIGI TIME!
Chance: 25% - a likely newcomer.
Want - 100% - WALIUIGI WINNER!

Pauline: 0%. She's an old bag by now and non relevant. Peach took her place LONG ago.

Nominations:
Slime (Dragon Quest) x5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character
Captain Syrup
Chance: 2.5% not many chances at all, there are more characters still in competition to get a spot on the roster, maybe in "SmashNextSystem".
Want: 40% could be interesting and I love pirates.

Rerate Character
Waluigi
Chance: 2.5% assist trophy potential again. If this would be Super Smash Mario Bros, probably will be higher.
Want: 5% Meh... I think there are better choices like Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario.

Prediction
Pauline: 1% not even relevant right now, maybe if there are more Mario vs Donkey Kong games in the future.

Nomination
Travis Touchdown x 5

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom