• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Actually, Bandana Dee was introduced way back in Super Star. And Bazoomba just sounds too awesome.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee:
Chance: 5%
Before Return to Dream Land, Waddle Dees were just Goombas in the Kirby universe. Kirby, Dedede, and MK are all big characters while Dee is just a Goomba with a hat. Besides, he's in Dedede's moveset!
Want: 0%
What if someone gave a Goomba a gun and made him a 4th playable character along with Mario, Luigi and Toad? Would you rampage all over Smashboards saying how much you want Bazoomba? I thought so.
"Before Return's to Dreamland,Waddle Dees were just Goombas and he is in Dedede's moveset".
First,we are talking about Bandana Dee,not a Waddle Dee ,and second,the first important role of Bandana Dee was in Kirby Super Star Ultra,before Return's to Dreamland.
Also...you want Victini,your argument is invalid. :secretkpop:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Rosalina

Chances - 35%
I think she has a 65% chance as an assist trophy tbh

Want - 85%
:estatic:

Waddle Dee

Chances - 0%
Its going to be in the game. Just as Dedede's throw pillow.

Want - 0%
Again. Not a fan of random minions making it in Smash. And there are certainly more interesting minions as well :ohwell:

Captain Syrup - 6.5%
I got all the syrup....

Rosalina:
Before Return to Dream Land, Waddle Dees were just Goombas in the Kirby universe. Kirby, Dedede, and MK are all big characters while Dee is just a Goomba with a hat. Besides, he's in Dedede's moveset!

What if someone gave a Goomba a gun and made him a 4th playable character along with Mario, Luigi and Toad? Would you rampage all over Smashboards saying how much you want Bazoomba? I thought so.

If they must include something generic...

Blue Toad >>>>>>> Waddle Dee with bandana

but chances are neither will make the cut.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Rosalina

Likely hood 50/50

Well it could happen because of 2 thing her being playable in SMB3DW and because of the new stage super mario galaxy stage but its more likely on the assist trophy side though

Want 20%

Never really heard of her but could get a role in ssb4 now

Bandana waddle dee

Likely hood 70%
Because of what Brawler610 said about waddle dee go read his for yourself

Want 50/50

The last main kirby character left it would be nice for a perfect set up for kirby series

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You kind of just shot yourself in the foot, because Bazoomba sounds awesome as ****!

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Rosalina's chances: 3% - I think 3D World appearance came too late to help her that much this time around.
Want: 10% - Don't care for her.

Bandana Waddle Dee's chances: 5% - I really don't think we're getting a Kirby newcomer.
Want: 30% - I kinda like the little guy, but there are plenty of characters that I'd rather have.

Captain Syrup prediction: 4.18%

Excitebiker x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Rosalina
Chances - 3%
Like others have said, I feel her recent news splash is making people overhype her chances. They included her pretty much because they wanted another playable girl in the SM3DW roster, and it would reference the highly well received Galaxy series. Smash doesn't need that ... there's better female characters to pick from (eg. Palutena) and better ways to pay respects to Mario galaxy (all Mario characters pretty much being confirmed already and the Galaxy stage.)
Sure, now she's more likely than Daisy, Waluigi and such candidates, but let's be real here ... it would make no sense for her to appear and for us to still not have Toad playable seeing how it has been a playable character more times than Peach herself.

Want - 40%
I was going to rate her higher, but not only do I prefer Toad, but now I also would much rather have Bazoomba. Holy *** bazoomba sounds awesome.

Bandana Dee
Chances 7%
Also there's massive overrating on this one.
The kirby series already has its holy trinity: the penguin, the ball and the holy broken meta knight. If people are clamoring for a fourth Kirby rep, it's pretty much just because of RtD, and even then, I'm pretty sure Waddle Dee was an option in there simply to round out the cast to four and allow for four player multiplayer.
Sure, he appears in promotional material and all that stuff, but to the casual audience Waddle Dee is still the thing that Dedede throws out of his pockets and that kirby eats in his adventures. Bandana Dee the character with actual personality doesn't have enough impact to overcome that impression people have of Waddle Dee as more than a minion.

Want 60%
I love using him in RtD. It's a fantastic character, fun to play as, and would be really enjoyable. My want isn't higher because I'd prefer if Kirby only got three reps and Bandana Dee didn't take up a spot.

Predictions
Captain Syrup - 4.37%
Another overrated character. As a result, unsure what to rate her.

Nominations
x5 Rhythm Heaven rep

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
#Bazoomba4smash yes I would =P
And Bazoomba just sounds too awesome.
You kind of just shot yourself in the foot, because Bazoomba sounds awesome as ****!
but now I also would much rather have Bazoomba. Holy *** bazoomba sounds awesome.
whelp I believe its official, bazoomba is now the most wanted Mario rep, everybody wants him now, :awesome: (Including myself)
someone go contact megabidoof and tell him we need a support thread for this guy!
and tell him to use my picture :)

D

Deleted member

I would like that. It sounds freaking awesome if you ask me.
BAZOOMBA FOR SSB4!

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Rosalina
Chance: 4% - She's not completely out of the question as she's one of the more unique potential newcomers. Her chances are still very low though. :(
Want: 75% - I'd welcome her in Smash with open arms.

Waddle Dee
Chance: 7% - I don't think the Kirby series is getting a newcomer. Three reps is more than enough.
Want: 77% - Another character that I would welcome with open arms.

Captain Syrup prediction: 2.2%

Nominations: Aeron x5

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
Rosalina
Chances: 10% - With the inclusion of the new Mario Galaxy stage and the fact that she is playable in Super Mario 3D World make her one of the most likely Mario characters, however, I do not see a new Mario character being added.
Want: 50% - Because I like new characters and I feel like she would make an interesting new addition; plenty of move ideas

Bandana Dee
Chances- 5% - If a new Kirby character is added, it will most certainly be Bandana Dee, however, I don't think Kirby needs to be represented anymore,
Want: 75% Bandana Dee would be a very unique and cool character to play as, just dont see it likely

Captain Syrup: Almost no chance.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Rosalina

Chance: 15% - Now that she has a playable role her prominence may increase within the Mario series.

Want: 60% - I'll be honest here, she's actually my most wanted Mario newcomer if only because of the potential with the lumas and crystals.

Bandana Dee

Chance: 2% - A Kirby newcomer with competition...if Kirby even gets a newcomer.

Want: 0% - ...he's just a waddle dee with a bandana...and a spear. He's better off just occasionally showing up in King Dedede's side special. Besides, my most wanted Kirby newcomer is Daroach anyway. Bazoomba on the other hand, now THERE is potential. *flees from Chandelure*

Captain Syrup Prediction: 7.2 - The queen of the stars, Rosalina, has her spotlight usurped by the real stars of the day, Bandana Dee and Bazoomba! But a new queen emerges to the field - from purple bandana to purple bandana the stage is set for the 100th episode! Next time on episode 100 of Rate Their Chances: "Captain Syrup's Milestone".

Nominations:
Bazoomba Groose x5

Edit: Ok. You win, Groose. :grin:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
whelp I believe its official, bazoomba is now the most wanted Mario rep, everybody wants him now, :awesome: (Including myself)
someone go contact megabidoof and tell him we need a support thread for this guy!
and tell him to use my picture
Well, now, imagine this: six years after SSB4's release, a guy leaks Bazoomba for Smash alongside five other newcomers prior to E3 2020, then he's shown the next day in a Smash 6 trailer. Thanks to Bazoomba now being mentioned in this thread, the obsessive skeptics can claim that people predicted Bazoomba would become playable, and that the leaker is obviously a fraud because he could have guessed Bazoomba.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
ROSALINA

Chance: 15%
She's definitely got a decent shot, especially because of 3D World. Although it's probably too little too late.

Want: 85%
I like Rosalina a lot, but I wouldn't want her to get in the way of other more deserving Mario characters.

WADDLE DEE

Chance: 20%
If Kirby gets a new rep, it will be Waddle Dee, no question. His importance grows with every game he is in, so by the time Smash 5 comes out he should be a shoo in. Not yet though.

Want: 90%
I love Kirby. I love Waddle Dee. Spear moveset would be nice.

Cap. Syrup Prediction: 5.25%
She's my most wanted Wario character, but Wario even being considered for a second character isn't very likely. Plus I'm replaying Wario Land Shake It, one of my all-time favorites, so my want should be off the charts tomorrow.

Noms:
Bazoomba x5
Bowser Jr. x5

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Was it really THAT funny? Oh whatever... How about an Octorock with a gun? Octazooka! Oh wait...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
One final note on my model and whoever is upset that I'm using math instead of pure commentary... The model matters most for this thread when it suggests no new characters, or when the series really only has a small set of plausible newcomers. But in a case like the Mario series, there's plenty of potential new reps, and the model doesn't say anything about how to rank them.

Rosalina

Popularity: She's somewhat popular. I think she's a bit more popular among the non-hardcore crowd. I know some people who really liked her a lot in Galaxy and Mario Kart, but they don't get into Smash games that much. Even so, she's higher up on the list, but still out of the top tiers.

Relevancy: She's a major player in the Galaxy games, of course, and she's been in the Mario Kart games (although that matters less). Her recent reveal for SM3DW helps though. I don't think it's too late to matter, at all. This was only revealed less than two weeks before SM3DW launches. She was not just added now, she was probably already planned for the game before E3. Sakurai has had plenty of time to know about that. Rosalina seems more likely to become a permanent fixture in the Mario games, and she allows Nintendo to add a female character to the series who's less of a blank slate than Daisy.

Design: She has a wand and could probably make use of Lumas in her move set. On the whole, her canon moves are pretty thin though. Sakurai could fill it out, but she's no Olimar or Mega Man as far as uniqueness.

Roster and Competition: Her biggest competition is Bowser Jr. The model predicts 0.6 to 1.2 additional slots for the Mario series. I would go more on the low end of that range, considering Mario was cut from 5 to 4 from Melee to Brawl (granted, Dr. Mario made sense to cut, but every other series with cuts got replacements). The rapid pace of Mario series reveals is potentially suggestive of more Mario characters, then again it just might be Sakurai not feeling the need to beat around the bush this time (like anyone doubted Luigi would get in b/c he wasn't revealed before Brawl launched). I think it's realistic for there to be a new rep, although I wouldn't be too surprised if there wasn't. Anyway, there doesn't seem to be room for more than one Mario newcomer. Toad would've been a bigger worry for her if not for him still being in Peach's move set. And to be honest, Toad's canon move set potential is pretty bad (although they could fill it in with made up stuff and mushroom-based attacks, etc.).

Rosalina chances: 13.5%
I think she's moved up since before to being one of the top Mario series contenders. Toad/Kinopio definitely deserves it the most on the basis of history, but his generic-ness (exacerbated outside of Japan since his name is the same as his species everywhere else) and lack of unique moves hurts him a bit (as far as evidence from outside Smash... being in Peach's move set hurts even more).

Rosalina want: 65%
I like the Mario series and think it deserves another rep. I think Toad deserves it more, but aside from that I don't really care about Rosalina vs. Bowser Jr, Waluigi or Paper Mario.

So, moving on to Bandana Dee...

Bandana Dee

Last time I gave Bandana Dee quite low marks... 2%.

But...
Actually, this is [Erimir's] prediction for Kirby:
Predicted slots: 3.22
Predicted move sets: 3.64

It's very possible to get a new Kirby character, It's just more likely we're getting nothing according to his calculations.
Of course, that doesn't take into account other factors. It gives you an idea of what the sales and roster inertia alone would justify, but it kinda assumes there are as many characters to fill in those slots as you want (hence why it predicts more than one slot for Game & Watch and Ice Climber despite there not really being any interesting candidates). But the fact is that Bandana Dee is still a glorified grunt, he's still part of Dedede's move set, and Kirby's three most important characters by far are already included, while Bandana Dee is way, way lower in importance. Those factors all matter too.

I mean, Toad is part of Peach's move set, but I don't see people giving him ratings as high as Bandana Dee is getting. Despite the fact that he's in Dedede's move set, his series is less important than Mario and he's a less important character within his series than Toad is and less history.

I could see adding Bandana Dee after Sakurai has added some deserving new series, and more characters for Mario, DK, Pokemon and Zelda. At that point space is getting tight though...

So I think the model is overestimating because it doesn't realize how unimportant the remaining Kirby characters are.
Not only is he the fourth playable character in KRtDL, but he is also featured in promotional artwork for Kirby's 20th Anniversary.
So? This is like saying that Toad is a shoo-in because he's in lots of Mario official art. Or that Birdo even has a chance because she's in Mario posters.
Speaking of that, you know what two series that have 4 reps that have their Anniversaries celebrated? Mario and Zelda. On that basis alone, I can justify a fourth Kirby character and that character will be Bandana Waddle Dee.
Mario is huge, Zelda has over twice as many sales. Coincidentally, Pokemon, the other series with four slots ALSO has huge sales. Those probably are much bigger factors than whether they got an anniversary collection. Especially considering, oh, the fact that these anniversary celebrations occurred after Brawl's release and that both Mario and Zelda had four reps way back in Melee, so there's really no connection there. Why should we conclude that series that get special anniversary promotions get four reps?

This is pretty weak-sauce, I would say. Sure, it might show that Nintendo is showing Kirby more love, and that Bandana Dee is one of the most notable characters left in the Kirby franchise. But those two things do not add up to anything near a 75% chance.

Bandana Dee chances: 4%
All in all, I've been persuaded that I was underrating the Kirby series a little bit, but to think that Bandana Dee's got a good chance, or is even more likely than not? I don't think so. And he does have at least a little bit of competition from other Kirby reps. And Waddle Dee is still the thing Dedede throws most of the time, which hurts him quite a bit just like Peach's neutral-B hurts Toad.

Bandana Dee want: 8%
My want has declined though. Seeing the hate directed at Rosalina, while a glorified grunt from a series that's already well-represented has rabid fans proclaiming him a shoo-in made me sour a bit. I'd much rather see new series get some love and the big four (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, DK) get additional slots.

Captain Syrup prediction: 4%

Nominations:
5x Dr Mario

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Rosalina (interesting time to rate her)

3d World appearance wont do much, it was kind of late. She may have a chance as a last minute semi clone.

Want: 40%

Bandana Dee

Chance: 15%
If there's another Kirby character, its him

Want: 75%
Spers plox

Syrup: 3%

Nominations
Goemon x5

D

Deleted member

So? This is like saying that Toad is a shoo-in because he's in lots of Mario official art. Or that Birdo even has a chance because she's in Mario posters.
Mario is huge, Zelda has over twice as many sales. Coincidentally, Pokemon, the other series with four slots ALSO has huge sales. Those probably are much bigger factors than whether they got an anniversary collection. Especially considering, oh, the fact that these anniversary celebrations occurred after Brawl's release and that both Mario and Zelda had four reps way back in Melee, so there's really no connection there. Why should we conclude that series that get special anniversary promotions get four reps?

This is pretty weak-sauce, I would say. Sure, it might show that Nintendo is showing Kirby more love, and that Bandana Dee is one of the most notable characters left in the Kirby franchise. But those two things do not add up to anything near a 75% chance.
Bandana Dee is a different situation from Toad. Nintendo and HAL have been putting him on par with Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede. While Bandana Waddle Dee is… well, a Waddle Dee with a Bandana, I can't put him on the same level as Toad. When Bandana Dee is seen as a part of King Dedede's side special, then we can talk about him and Toad.

The Anniversary stuff shows how significant and important the Kirby series is to Nintendo. I used that because if Bandana Dee is going to be put on the same level as the Kirby veterans, then he would be a shoo-in for our fourth Kirby rep. Just because I say that he's a shoo-in for the fourth Kirby rep doesn't mean that Bandana Dee will get in the game as a playable character. If Nintendo gave those Mario, Zelda, and Kirby Anniversary celebrations, then it's definitely justifiable in my eyes that Kirby could get 4 reps and it shows how popular the Kirby games are. Kirby's Return to Dream Land was a successful game and that sky-rocketed Bandana Dee's popularity. ESPECIALLY in Japan where it matters.

While he may be a "glorified grunt", he is one of the best options for a newcomer and I think that the reasons that I've stated are things that I personally think are things that are really going for him. Maybe 75% was too high of a percentage, but that is how I feel. Maybe in the end I'm wrong and you can prove my ignorance and say, "I told you so."

Groose

Smash Champion
Rosalina Chance: 12.5%
Y'know, I never took Rosalina seriously. Why? Nintendo itself didn't take her seriously. She was a major fan favorite after the first Mario Galaxy, and her lack of a major role was one of the major critical gripes with the second game. But despite her fan demand, Nintendo largely ignored the character. She's become a regular in Mario Kart, yes, but she missed the invitation to Sports Mix, Tennis, Party 9, and more. She was never incorporated into the core Mario universe... Galaxy was always kept to the side.

That's changing now, however. She'll have a stage in the upcoming Mario Party Island Tour, and, more importantly, is getting PLAYABLE status in the next 3D Mario. I'd say that Nintendo finally has a plan for her and she's back on track to being the rising star of the Mario franchise. Factor in that we're getting a wildly unique Mario Galaxy stage on the Wii U... and she hasn't been revealed to be in the background yet (though there is definitely the chance and this seems very likely to me, what with all of the stuff flying around back there), so she's definitely plausible at this point. I increased my rating 7.5% from what I would have given her just a week ago.

I'd increase it even further if it weren't for another reveal: Alternate Costumes. She could potentially become one of those, as well; heck, she may even be only a palette swap. She's similar enough to Peach that it could plausibly work. That, coupled with her strong competition, make her still a somewhat oddball pick.

Rosalina Want: 15%
Let me make a confession: I don't worship Mario Galaxy. It was a great game and the second was even better. However, I don't give them nearly as much praise as the critics. I don't like how they steered the series away from exploration and towards linearity. Mario 64 is and will probably always remain my favorite Mario title simply because of the amount of freedom and exploration it offered. Heck, I'll take SUNSHINE over Galaxy any day, too. Galaxy games were great and live up to their predecessors, but they come no where near surpassing them.

Rosalina was a good character, but she wasn't as breathtaking to me as she was to many. She may be an interesting character, and I do like her, but I'd prefer not to see her in Smash. Chances are I'll spend most of my time at that awesome Mario Galaxy stage that works like I've always hoped; I'd be happy seeing her flying the Comet Observatory around there.

Bandana Waddle Dee Chance: 7.5%
When I look at Bandana Waddle Dee, I see Toad. Both characters come from a major supporting species and are vaguely distinct from said species. Both characters are the most important in their series that have not attained playability in Smash. Both characters are already incorporated in existing characters' movesets [Bandana Dee may not be, but his species is; the same can be said for Blue Toad] [I'm assuming the Waddle Dee throw and Dedede in general will return].

The difference? Toad's series is just so much more popular and he's just so much more famous. Bandana Dee is used in a lot of promotions, you say? He's still used in fewer than Toad is. You think Waddle Dee is more important to his series than Toad? I beg to differ, but I won't get into that huge argument here.

Now what does bringing up Toad do? I'm just saying this: Toad is on the ropes right now. His appearance in Peach's moveset AGAIN suggests that Sakurai doesn't find him unique/important/popular enough to become playable. As I've pretty much established, Bandana Dee is in a similar, perhaps more desperate situation. I don't see him making it in before Toad; I still see him as questionable even if Toad makes it.

Bandana Dee Want: 5%
I'm not a fan of Kirby in general, and I'm not a fan of (Bandana) Waddle Dee at all. You all cite using a spear as if it's the second coming; I don't think it's really that big of a deal. The only reason I'd like to see him is to watch what would happen in Brawl in the Family.

Captain Syrup Prediction: 3.45%
Eh.

Groose x5

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE BAZOOMBA. HE'S NOT A REAL CHARACTER AND IS THEREFORE INELIGIBLE.

Groose

Smash Champion
Rosalina (Super Mario)
15.77% chance
42.90% want

Holysmokesbatman! Rosalina stormed into the top 30, placing slightly ahead of Tingle in chance. She's still behind Toad, Paper Mario, Junior, and Waluigi, but she did nearly catch Toad. She's more wanted than Waluigi, but is slightly behind Toad and Paper Mario in that regard.

Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
25.21% chance (previously 17.70%)
55.20% want (previously 38.00%)

WOW! INCREDIBLE! Not only did his chance score increase 8% to land him in the top twenty, but his want score also increased a whopping 17% to propel him to the ranks of the elite. He's now rank nine in want (behind the obvious crew: Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Paultena, Isaac, Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Chrom). This is by far the most interesting rerate we've had so far... in my opinion.

Today we'll be rating Captain Syrup of the Wario series. Does she have what it takes to join Wario on the battlefield? Please rate Captain Syrup in chance and want today.

Yeah, that's right. I had planned to make a video or give some extra noms... but that's too mainstream. So, yeah, please rate Waluigi in chance and want today. BEST DAY 100 PRESENT EVER!

Tomorrow we'll be rating Pauline of the Donkey Kong franchise. Does the original damsel have to moves to get into the Smash? Please predict how Pauline will fare in tomorrows game. Loganhogan wins some extra nominations today.

I'll try to get to the OP tomorrow. Make sure it's shipshape for Day 100, y'know?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
When and why did all this "Bazoomba" stuff start anyway? :laugh:
Someone said that people were freaking out about bandanna dee to much and that if nintendo simply added a bazooka to a goomba it would be exactly the same

Captain Syrup: 1%

Wa...Luigi??? WHAT!!! BUT WHY?!?!?! Oh, well...
Waruigi: 12%
Want: 12%

Pauline: 2.97%

x(treme)5 Excitebiker

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
25.21% chance (previously 17.70%)
55.20% want (previously 38.00%)
WOW! INCREDIBLE! Not only did his chance score increase 8% to land him in the top twenty, but his want score also increased a whopping 17% to propel him to the ranks of the elite. He's now rank nine in want (behind the obvious crew: Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Paultena, Isaac, Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Chrom). This is by far the most interesting rerate we've had so far... in my opinion.
Mission complete!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Someone said that people were freaking out about bandanna dee to much and that if nintendo simply added a bazooka to a goomba it would be exactly the same
...huh.

Well, at least today's rating was made a little more interesting. (and ended well for Bandana Dee's amount of want. :D)

D

Deleted member

Captain Falcon Olimar N Rainbow Syrup (so many captains…)
Chance: 1%
She is an antagonist in the Wario Land games… which Sakurai has been sorely neglecting. Sure, it got Stickers in Brawl, but that's it. When it comes to Wario, it seems like Sakurai takes a look at mostly the WarioWare games and I find those characters to have more priority than any character from Wario Land. As such, I don't think that she will be playable. Maybe a Sticker or Trophy at most if she's lucky.
No thanks.

Waluigi? What?
Chance: 20%
I forgot the original score I gave him… maybe I'll look at it later. (EDIT: It was 10%) In any case, I don't think that Waluigi had a big chance. When it comes to Mario characters, Waluigi's name does pop up every so often and Sakurai acknowledges this. On Waluigi's Assist Trophy page, Sakurai stated that while he can't be playable, he does appear as an Assist Trophy, thus he knows that people want him. Waluigi is highly popularized by the Mario spin-offs games and Sakurai can make a whole moveset based on this alone. Heck, he uses a tennis racket to attack! I bet Sakurai is on the same page as us in terms of this. However, Waluigi is extremely unimportant to the Mario series and even the Wario series. While he is seen as Wario's "partner in crime", we've never seen him in Wario Land or even WarioWare. In the Mario games, he is never seen as a protagonist or even an antagonist in a major Mario game. He also has to compete with Bowser Jr., who is the most likely Mario rep, and Toad, who is highly loved in Japan and has seniority. There is also the fact that he has a massive hatebase which works heavily against Waluigi and the fact that he was a filler character that was created to be Wario's doubles partner in Mario Tennis (a role which could have been fulfilled by any other character) shows how unimportant Waluigi is. However, I'm giving him this score if by some chance that his fanbase does somehow prevail and manages to find himself on the roster.
Want: 35%
My original want score was 0%. Why the increase? Well, I guess Waluigi has grown on me a bit and I'll admit that I did like the character as a child (maybe I still do and I am just hating on him for no reason). That and I am a big fan of The Runaway Guys. I would love to see Waluigi in the game so that I can see ProtonJon make even more impressions of Waluigi as he plays as him. Speaking of which, can his Bridal Boutique be a stage, please?

Pauline Prediction: 0.32%
I can't see her fight.

Nominations: Ninten 5x
Take a melody...

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
WALUIGI YEAH YEAH YEAH

Captain Syrup: 8%
Probably the most likely Wario newcomer, and definitely the second most likely pirate newcomer overall.

Want: 35%
I enjoyed the Wario Land games, sure.

Waluigi: 10%
WALUIGI YEAH YEAH YEAH

Want: 14%
WALUIGI YEAH YEAH YEAH

Pauline prediction: 0.99%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5 (we're almost there!)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE BAZOOMBA. HE'S NOT A REAL CHARACTER AND IS THEREFORE INELIGIBLE.
Caught bluehanded! But it was never a real nomination, I just wanted get more laughs (can't argue his potential though). It may be too late, but I edited my previous post to reflect my true nominations.

Captain Syrup

Chance: 13% - She's a fan favorite from Wario Land. I don't know if that helps her.

Want: 60% - If I remember her correctly, she was a pirate...with a genie. She could do something interesting in the game I suppose.

Waluigi

Chance: 25% - I don't think he has much of a chance.

Want: 40% - As I said the last time, I'm not too thrilled about him but he could be a hilarious character if done well.

Pauline Prediction: 4% - I don't know what to say about her really. (Sorry, no next episode commentary this time :p)

Nominations:
Dangerously Awesome Rogue Of Admirably Cool Humbleness x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Kill joy,
oh well at least he was a highlight during Rosalina's day:p
well anyway,
Syrup - 0.35
to why people think she is a good option surprises me to this day, she is one of those characters that is already dying off, and the only reasoning I heard to have her in there, is for Wario to have another rep, Wario does not need another character to represent the series, its doing just fine with himself.
want - 0%
untitled.png

lets move on now . . . . . . .
- 9.83%
the only thing I give credit for Waluigi, is that he is the only "bro" left that is uncounted for (Mario, luigi, Wario) and that he is the perfect choice for the Mario sports, which do not!, need a character, so in other words Waluigi does not have much going for him
want - 1%

i do not like Waluigi time, I prefer wolf time:awesome:
Pauline - 0.98
I mean really!?! will she even make it past 1% if she does I don't trust this place anymore
nominations:
my nominations go to . . . . . Bazoomba:awesome:

nah I'm just kidding Groose (though he would actually be a good joke nomination)
Edit: I deiceded to help out Axle, with paper Mario:p
Paper MarioX3
dark pitX1
RoyX1

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Captain Syrup:
Likelihood: 6%
A slight chance, given her revival in Wario Land: Shake It!. Unlike the WarioWare series, where there is no clear forerunner, if Wario Land were to get another playable representative, it would be Captain Syrup. The lack of Wario Land content in Brawl can go both ways: Sakurai can try to rectify it ny adding content from Shake It!, or he can continue to ignore the series. Let's see what happens...

Want: 60%
She's Nintendo's earliest female antagonist to my knowledge, and a very deserving character imo. If only the Wario Land series werem't overshadowed by the WarioWare series...

WALUIGI TIME!
Likelihood: 10%
I don't remember my previous rating, but was probably higher than this. The only change from last time is the rise of Rosalina, which I think hurts his chances as he has got one more competitor to worry about.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnt: 50%
I'm on the fence, really. I think he would be a hilarious addition, but I don't think he deserves playable status just yet.

Pauline: 1%
Nintendo's original Damsel-in-distress was COMPLETELY overshdowed by Princess Peach, and it remains the case.

Dr. Mario x 5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Captain Syrup
Likelihood: 1%

Waluigi
Likelihood: 10%

Want: 65%
I'd rather not see the Mario series get another Rep, but if it got one... Waluigi would be my choice.

Pauline
Prediction: 4%

Nominations:
Krystal x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom