• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh my! Tallying these scores is a nightmare!

Top 5 Most Likely
5. Chrom (75%):
He's the main star of Awakening, the game that saved the franchise, and he is one of the most demanded characters. I think that he's going to get in.
4. Shulk (80%): Do I need to explain to you guys?... again? He has a lot of merits and I think that those merits will help push for his inclusion in Smash.
3. King K. Rool (90%): The main villain in Donkey Kong and he is god tier in want worldwide. I think that Sakurai won't overlook him, especially when he mentions how popular he is in his Brawl trophy.
2. Pac-Man (93%): Namco's mascot. They're working on the game and I doubt that Sakurai won't put him in. Doing so is a missed opportunity!
1. Palutena (99%): She's a shoo-in.

For want... well... this is going to be odd. I have a Champion in Bomberman and an Elite Four in Shulk, Little Mac, Bandana Dee, and King K. Rool. Though... you'll see at the end.
Top 5 Most Wanted
5. Bowser Jr.:
I consider him the eighth gym leader. He is still my most wanted Mario character, but I wouldn't mind it if Toad got in over him. I like him and I find him to be deserving.
4. King K. Rool: When Sakurai is pushing for uniqueness, King K. Rool stands out as one of the most unique newcomer choices of all. The Kutthroats have always reinvigorated my want for him with their sheer enthusiasm. Also, King K. Rool is the most wanted newcomer of one of my best friends... I want him in for his sake.
3. Bandana Dee: I love this little guy! His uniqueness! His loyalty towards Kirby and friends! His moveset potential with his spear! HE'S SO FREAKING ADORABLE! Oh my god! And yet... he's not entirely likely. He has a chance, but I don't expect him to get in Smash. I would be pleasantly surprised.
NOW this is where things get weird.
1 / 2: Bomberman & Shulk: You might be thinking to yourselves, "But Brawler! Bomberman is your most wanted newcomer you said! Why did you group him with Shulk?" Bomberman has been a major part of me growing up. I love the character and I truly think that he deserves to be in Smash. I also want him for his incredibly unique moveset! Xenoblade Chronicles just recently came into my life on December 27. I love that game to death and it skyrocketed Shulk as not only my most wanted newcomer, but also one of my favorite video game characters of all-time. Xenoblade and Shulk have become an important part of me; I remember when I checked my Daily Activities on my Wii and I saw that I played Xenoblade for 8 hours in a single day. I can wait for Bomberman... but Shulk is a character that has to happen. Not having him would be a crime at this point. So, if you asked me who I wanted more, Bomberman or Shulk, I would be conflicted. Bomberman represents a part of my childhood while Shulk represents the here and now.

An honorable mention should go to Banjo-Kazooie. They would easily be on my most wanted if they were possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
3: The Koopa's Babysitter, Highest Ranked of the Magikoopas, Kamek! There's just SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. Nuff said.
You do realize he was just deconfirmed on Monday as a stage hazard, right?

Anyways, onto rating:
Top 5 Most Likely at E3:
  1. Palutena (Obviously)
  2. Mewtwo (Melee hype train)
  3. Mii (Lengthy explanation on mechanics required)
  4. Pacman: Let's celebrate the 3rd 3rd party party (Yes, that is gramatically correct)
  5. Chibi-Robo (He could clean up after the show is done
Now, let's be unrealistic:
  1. Chibi-Robo (He's my most wanted, sue me)
  2. Rayman (I love him, though he has no chance of happening)
  3. Ghirahim (Just for the Taunts)
  4. Isaac (He's cool)
  5. Simon Belmont (Captain N party anyone?)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Five most likely!
1) Pac-Man
2) Palutena
3) Ridley
4) King K.Rool
5) Bandana Dee (bias?, where?!, seriously...I think he has a big chance of being revealed at E3).

-Five most wanted!
1) Bandana Dee
2) Bomberman
3) Shy Guy King K.Rool
4) Sceptile
5) Ridley

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Top 5 Most Likely
1. Palutena/Pac-Man
2. Mewtwo
3. Shulk
4. Mii/Chrom/Chorus Men
5. Dixie Kong/Takamaru
Lots of ties in between mostly because they similar situations.

Most Wanted:
1. Prince of Sable
2. Dr. Kawashima
3. Pac-Man
4. Mii
5. Anna

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Most Likely
-Palutena (80%)
-Mii (75%)
-Ridley (69%)
-Mewtwo (71%)
-New FE rep (Chrom, Robin, 70%)

Most Wanted (In descending order)
-Professor Layton
-Robin
-K. Rool
-Mewtwo
-Palutena
(On my list, but already confirmed: Little Mac, Megaman)

My condolences go out to Dillon and Skull Kid as well.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Most Likely?

1. Pac-Man
Namco are working with Sakurai. Pac-Man doesn't require 'special treatment' to get in. Pac-Man is a legendary 3rd Party, and arguably the most famous Video Game character aside from Mario himself. I'll be fairly shocked if Namco pass up such a chance when they're trying to bring Pac-Man's series back to life.

2. Palutena
Sakurai's golden girl is guaranteed a spot. Pac-Man and Palutena are the only two I'd considered sure things at this point, and only due to the people working on the game. Sakurai's modesty is a thing of the past; he breathed life into Palutena. He is solely responsible for making everyone care about her, and thus she is more his character than Palutena's actual original creator. Palutena and Pac-Man are technically in the same likeliness spot in my eyes.

3. Chrom
I'm not a fan of Chrom in particular...in fact I'd prefer literally anyone to him from Fire Emblem except maybe Lucina, but it's going to be one of these two. Chrom most likely has the advantage due to not being a rule 63 Marth.

4. Mii
Mii seems inevitable...and I'm warming up to them slightly now thanks to Tomadachi Life. They seem ever so slightly more charming now. I'm seeing them as likely, but not particularly exciting additions still.

5. Dixie Kong

I dunno. I still feel doubt about K. Rool being a sure fire thing in my head, and still see Dixie as a more likely character. I don't think we'll see her at E3(betting on her being a 'secret' character) but I have a feeling she's got the fifth best shot of getting in after the above.

Honourable mentions: Shulk, Bowser Jr...probably Takamaru.

----------------------------------

Most Wanted?

1. Toad
I don't want to bore you all again on this one, but it stands to reason that Toad is, has and always will be my number one newcomer(until he gets in anyway). I'm not sure whether it's the completionist in me that wants to see the Mario Kart 64 roster all fight it out, or the child in me who fondly remembers Toad blowing Wario skyhigh in Wario's Woods or chucking vegetables into a giant frog's mouth to cause it to...err... croak, but I remain as strong a fan of him now as I was when I was a child. To me Toad IS my childhood...and an iconic part of the Mario series.

2. Pac-Man
Now...Pac-Man isn't my favourite 3rd party ever...Tails technically has that honour as he was my first video game character I ever played as, but having done some research into the Pac, and knowing his overall influence and importance to the video game industry, he's by far the most important 3rd party not currently included in Smash. Plus that music...you know you want that music.

3. Dixie Kong
Tropical Freeze made me fall back in love with Dixie...and it's easy to see why. She's incredibly handy for one thing, and one of the few truly great Nintendo Heroines. As far as I'm aware Dixie is one of the few Kongs to never be kidnapped. Let's just think about that for a second; in a world of video games, and especially Nintendo where being female is synonymous with being a damsel, this Kong reversed the roles and had to rescue her boyfriend and his uncle. How refreshing! She's not even overly sexualized! She's just a competent heroine who refuses to let Diddy and DK have all the fun. This may sound like a big 'Smash needs more xx chromosome' argument, but Dixie I feel is justifiably one of the few truly great heroines of Nintendo's history.

4. Isaac
Whilst I don't have any personal stake or interest in Golden Sun, I do feel like Isaac can bring a lot to the table, make a lot of people happy and could be a lot of fun to play as. My sister would be overjoyed should Isaac finally appear, and with so many options for movesets I can totally see why.

5. Robin
Okay...Robin of Fire Emblem Awakening. Fire Emblem Awakening is the best seller in the series, and honestly? Robin is far more central to the plot of Awakening IMO. S/he offers a fighting style totally different from Marth and Ike which is something I'd prefer to either Chrom or Lucina. The gender thing or alt designs isn't an issue either clearly judging by Villager...there's little standing in Robin's way aside from Chrom and Lucina being the poster heroes of that game.

Honourable mentions: Duck Hunt Dog, Porky, Ridley(whom I don't really like personally, but he DOES deserve a spot)...and every other character I want has been deconfirmed completely(Meowth, Samurai Goroh, Tom Nook, Dillon, Waluigi, etc)

Hammer Man

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4038-6681-4351
Most Likely:
Palutena
Obligatory shoo-in.

Pac-Man
Very likely 3rd party candidate for Smash.

Chrom
Most likely Fire Emblem newcomer, but everyone wants other Fire Emblem characters.

Mii
Likely because Nintendo's been shoving them into every game nowadays.

Takamaru
What can I say? His game is getting a western release soon so we'll see him there.

Honorable Mentions:
Shulk, Dixie Kong & Isaac

Most Wanted:

Palutena
Another female in roster? Sure.

Waddle Dee
All these unique characters and a lack of a spear wielding Kirby newcomer is disturbing, Plus he's awesome.

Pac-Man
This third party icon should be in for his supporters and his fans.

Chrom
I just want him in to spite his anti-supporters.

Bomberman
Unlikely, but would be a BLAST for Smash.
(No pun intended.)

Honorable Mentions:
Wonder Red, Meowth & Tom Nook

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Did you miss me? ... No? Well, good news is that you probably won't see me much for the next three weeks, either. I've been abroad and only have so much data I can use, but I really wanted to posted for this day, if only briefly.

Most Likely
1) Palutena
2) Pac-Man
3) Mii
4) Chrom
5) King K. Rool

Most Wanted
1) Palutena
2) Banjo & Kazooie
3) King K. Rool
4) Isaac
5) Anna

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So... about that Sceptile re-rate... :troll:
Please don't let that happen until much later... We need some time for the Sceptile hype to die down before we can give accurate ratings.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Please don't let that happen until much later... We need some time for the Sceptile hype to die down before we can give accurate ratings.
Or they reveal him at E3 and then we won't need a rating at all...

Not saying that's particularly likely mind you, just another option.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Or they reveal him at E3 and then we won't need a rating at all...

Not saying that's particularly likely mind you, just another option.
Sceptile stands at roughly 20% now. If he does get confirmed, it will still be less of an embarrassment compared to Rosalina, whom we gave about 16%.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
FIVE MOST LIKELY:

1. Palutena
She's an obvious choice by now. Blah blah blah!

2. Pacman
Pacman is also an obvious choice due to Namco developing the game alongside Sakurai and his team.

3. Ridley
The highest requested character (at least here in the West) since Melee. Sakurai would be insane to not include Ridley.

4. King K. Rool
Another highly requested character. My brother has been rooting for KKR, although I constantly tease him that he will never be in the game. He would certainly be a quirky addition to the Smash cast.

5. Mii
Despite my dislike for Miis and their similarities to the Villager, I think that Mii will be included. It is a part of Nintendo and has been in many popular games. It could have it's own gimmick by having complete customizable movesets.

FIVE MOST WANTED:

1. Impa
Seriously, we NEED a new Zelda representative since we haven't had a new one since Melee. Well, technically there's Toon Link, but I consider him the same as Young Link. Impa played an important role in Skyward Sword and now she's even a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. I have doubts that she'll make it in this Smash, but if her importance to the Zelda series increase over the next several years, I think Impa will have a greater chance of getting in a future Smash game.

2. Krystal
I don't care what other people think of her, but I really want her. I believe she would be an interesting and different character from the Star Fox series. Her moveset could potentially involve her staff from Adventures.

3. Dixie Kong
Dang! Three female characters in a row!? I think that Dixie Kong would be an interesting female character since she's one of the few female Nintendo characters who's not your typical "damsel in distress" like Zelda or Peach.

4. Shulk
Honestly, I had zero interest in his possible inclusion to Smash prior to yesterday. But after some research last night, I found myself wanting to play Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time. Therefore, I'm now a strong supporter of Shulk!

5. King K. Rool
The only reason I want him in is because my brother REALLY wants him in. Okay, maybe not. I do think he would be a quirky character with an interesting moveset.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sceptile stands at roughly 20% now. If he does get confirmed, it will still be less of an embarrassment compared to Rosalina, whom we gave about 16%.
I don't see why we should be embarrassed about Rosalina, considering she had little at that time to justify a humongous score based on our perception. Her being in doesn't mean that we had no reason to be skeptical of her and she only made sense in hindsight.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I don't see why we should be embarrassed about Rosalina, considering she had little at that time to justify a humongous score based on our perception. Her being in doesn't mean that we had no reason to be skeptical of her and she only made sense in hindsight.
If we are to be embarrassed about anything, it should be the fact that we never rated Greninja at all!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Most Likely:
  1. Palutena: 95% chance
  2. Ridley: 75% chance
  3. Dixie or King K. Rool: 80% chance
  4. Chrom: 70% chance
  5. Pac-Man: 90% chance

Most Wanted:
  1. Paper Mario: 10% chance
  2. King K. Rool: 80%
  3. Robin: 65% chance
  4. Bandana Dee: 65% chance
  5. Ridley: 75% chance

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Sounds good to me.
Ah. In that case, I'd say the most likely for E3 would be:

1. Palutena
2. Pac-Man
3. Mewtwo
4. Ridley
5. Chrom

And most likely overall would be

1. Palutena
2. Pac-Man
3. Mewtwo
4. Chrom
5. Mii
Xenoblade and Shulk have become an important part of me; I remember when I checked my Daily Activities on my Wii and I saw that I played Xenoblade for 8 hours.
8 hours!?! Whoa that's a long time :p

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Most Likely
1 - Palutena
2 - Pac-Man
3 - King K Rool
4 - Chrom
5- Shulk

Most Wanted
1 - Ridley
2 - .................
3 - .................
4 - .................
5 - .................

D

Deleted member

8 hours!?! Whoa that's a long time :p
I'm pretty sure that I took breaks... I forgot if I did. XD
But yeah, I played the game for 8 straight hours (which is a third of the day, mind you). It took me over 80 hours just to beat it.
I could go into more detail on why I love Xenoblade, but that would be a bit sappy. :laugh:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Top Five Most Likely

1. Mewtwo : 100%.
This is the one character with absolute certainty I can say will be in this game. He's been extremely requested since day one, and his exclusion from Brawl caused an outrage. He was included as the "flavour of the week" popular Pokemon in Melee, a trend that has held true since then, but fortunately for Mewtwo, he happens to be the flavour of the week again. If Greninja promotes Pokemon X/Y, Mewtwo sells it. There has been so much focus on him recently, and Sakurai has even had input on the subject, unlike any other character, there is absolutely no reason to believe he will be excluded.

2. Palutena : 90%.
She's pretty much guaranteed as well, at this point, thanks to Kid Icarus Uprising. She was completely re-imagined and fleshed out as a character thanks to Kid Icarus: Uprising, so now she actually has something to bring to the game. Speaking of Uprising, there is so much stuff from that game in Smash 4. Palutena has become pretty popular as well. And there's in-game evidence to support inclusion as well, from the Pseudo-Palutena trophy tease, to the new Final Smash for Pit. Everything points to her being playable, which is one thing we can pretty much all agree on.

3. Shulk : 85%.
Well, I think popularity is his biggest asset. Popularity and fan demand brought his game (and a new, unique IP) to worldwide release, after all. And now everyone wants him in Smash Bros, too. I haven't played his game, but I've heard he could be a unique fighter, too. Plus, Nintendo seems to be teasing his appearance in the new X game, which si probably going to play a big role at E3 this year for Nintendo, so Shulk is basically a rock star (complete with a British accent).

4. Ridley : 80%.
Ridley is a character who has everything going for him, who's always had something going for him, but he's sort of always been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Smash 64 and Melee has restrictive rosters where he wouldn't have fit anyway, and Brawl had a story mode and Boss Battles where he fit better as a boss. However, since Brawl, Ridley has had more establishment as a character instead of a monster, and there isn't a fitting role for him other than a boss at this point.

One thing I will say: He isn't just a stage boss on Pyrosphere. That would be a disservice. He isn't going to solely represent a game that wasn't even that popular. If he isn't playable, he would have been an Assist Trophy. The "confirmation" that "somebody" is a boss on Pyrosphere just fuels this mindset for me.

5. Fire Emblem: Awakening character : 80%.
Be it Chrom, Lucina, or Robin, or even Anna, a character from this game is guaranteed. It saved Fire Emblem, and was an extreme success for the 3DS. Now, it comes down to which one gets in, based on a ratio of popularity/uniqueness. Chrom is the most requested and prominent, but is more bland than a bag of rocks. Lucina is slightly better, but is less prominent than Chrom. Robin is exceedingly fresh and the protagonist of Awakening, but lacks a defined character and is less popular. Most people side with Chrom, but I feel like this is too obvious.

Top Five Most Wanted

1. Ghirahim : 100%.
At first I didn't like Skyward Sword, but eventually I warmed up to it and it became my third favorite Zelda game, partially due to this guy. He may not be a main series hero, but I feel like he would be a great fit for Smash Bros. He's popular, unique, and has moveset potential like crazy. I came to Smashboards to talk about how awesome Ghirahim is, and I am going to side with him even if I end up ultimately disappointed.

2. Lucina : 100%.
Yet another character that made a game for me. Lucina, to me, despite disguising herself as Marth in part of Awakening, feels like an entirely fresh character in my eyes. Rarely do we have a such a well-designed female character in a Nintendo game, and it's clear that her creators agree with me. I feel like she could be a unique fighter too, maybe not in terms of actual fighting style, but defintely from a visual standpoint. Every ignorant utterance of "Marth will definitely have a Lucina alternate costume" just fuels my desire to see her more, for that claims she's nothing more than Marth in drag when she's clearly so much more.

3. Ridley : 100%.
I never cared about Ridley. I have little interest in Metroid. But ever since I joined Smashboards I've seen a devoted community that loves him like some people love Mickey Mouse. He's a celebrity here. I've met people who wanted him since Melee. And now so many of their spirits are broken thanks to the Smash Bros Direct.
It has created a sense of justice in my bosom that Ridley fans will have their purple space dragon after all.

4. Anna : 80%.
One of my favorite characters from Awakening, unlike most requested FE characters, she has a lot of apparent uniqueness and charm that would translate well to Smash Bros. Additionally, she actually represents Awakening and the series as a whole, which is good considering how short-lived the majority of the series's characters are.

5. Paper Mario : 65%.
What is there to say? Paper Mario is my favorite sub-division of the Mario franchise. While I would prefer one of the many other unique and interesting characters from the series to Paper Mario himself, but his moveset would be really unique and fun so I would be thrilled to have him.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Most likely:
1.- Palutena
2.- Pacman
3.- Chrom or another Fire Emblem Awakening character,
4.- King K. Rool
5.- Ridley

Most wanted
1.- Palutena
2.- Lucina
3.- Tiki
4.- Phosphora
5.- Anna
Mmmm I see a pattern there really really odd

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My top ten:

Palutena 95% (RTC: 95.23%)
Pac-Man 90% (RTC: 81.24%)
King K. Rool 75% (RTC: 68.75%)
Mii 66.66% (RTC: 55.70%)
Takamaru 55% (RTC: 46.06%)
Chrom 47.5% (RTC: 68.72%)
Robin 40% (RTC: 25.83%)
Shulk 35% (RTC: 69.73%)
Ridley: 35% (RTC: 33.02)
Isaac 33.33% (RTC: 43.07%)

So that would make my top ten:
Palutena
Pac-Man
King K. Rool
Mii
Takamaru

As for my most wanted:
1. Pac-Man
2. Toad
3/4. Takamaru and Ganon
5. Robin

Honorable mention to Ridley, Palutena, and King K. Rool.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm pretty sure that I took breaks... I forgot if I did. XD
But yeah, I played the game for 8 straight hours (which is a third of the day, mind you). It took me over 80 hours just to beat it.
I could go into more detail on why I love Xenoblade, but that would be a bit sappy. :laugh:
Oh I thought you meant that was your total and you had made a typo (I figured you meant 80 hours). I played that game for over 100 hours, getting all the best weapons, fighting the legendary monsters, etc.

I've definitely played a game for 8 hours in a day on many occasions (especially if I get into an RPG).

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I decided I wanted to challenge myself so I made a top 25.

1. Palutena - 88%
2. Pacman - 73%
3. Shulk - 63%
4. Dixie - 50%
5. Miis - 49%
6. King K. Rool - 44%
7. Chrom - 43%
8. Isaac - 39%
9. Takamaru - 33%
10. Robin - 32%
11. Bandanna Dee - 31%
12. Paper Mario - 26%
13. Bowser Jr - 24%
14. Chorus Kids - 21%
15. Ray - 19%
16. Krystal - 17%
17. Chibi Robo - 16%
18. Black Shadow - 14%
19. Marshal - 13%
20. Ridley - 12%
21. Girahim - 11%
22. Anna - $9
23. Hades - 8%
24. Professor Layton - 7%
25. Sceptile - 5%

And my top 5 most wanted:
1. Professor Layton
2. Chrom
3. Shulk
4. Isaac
5. Pacman

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
If we are to be embarrassed about anything, it should be the fact that we never rated Greninja at all!
Nothing will ever be as embarrassing as WII Fit Trainer.
Unlike Greninja, whom we've only knew about since last October, we've known that Wii Fit had a "Trainer" since it came out in, what, 2009? 2010? In the whole time Rate Their Chances has existed, before Groose even started running it, nothing that could be interpreted as "the trainer from WII Fit" was ever rated or even nominated, despite the fact that the character existed the whole time!
That's crazy and embarrassing.
Granted, Greninja was also pretty embarrassing.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It depends on how you define embarrasing. Greninja we didn't see coming for specific reasons, but at least there was a support thread available in here.
WFT surprised everyone, no question about that.

I would say Rosalina is the most embarrasing since most of us dismissed her chances as being pretty low, AND miiverse expected her much more than we ever did ... and they were correct. Now THAT'S embarrasing.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
ACK FRAG I FORGOT!!!

Top Expected:
  1. Mewtwo
  2. Palutena
  3. Pac Man
  4. King K Rool
  5. RIdley
Honorable mentions: Shulk, Robin, Isaac...

Top Wanted:
  1. Lip
  2. Sceptile
  3. Ridley
  4. Roy
  5. Paper Mario
Honorable mentions: Mewtwo, Simon Belmont, King K Rool...

fddyusgfuygsdufy will edit later

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Top 5 Likeliest (excluding mewtwo)
1. Paultena:
she's a given, closest thing we have to a shoe in
2. King K. Rool:
kremlings, along with the heavy want for a DK character, puts him up up there, just no where near Palutena
3. Shulk:
Its not doubtful to think that Xenoblade will get a newcomer, there's also a sizable demand and want for him after the first game
4. Pacman:
third party status hits him hard but Namco working, items included, sky rockets him up
5. No one:
to be honest I only see a top 4, everyone else is kind of in a mess of a jungle, its pretty much impossible to predict likeliness this far down for me
Top 5 Wanted
1. Bandana Dee:
he's not only the character i'm most excited for, but I've also stuck by chandlure's side since the beginning of the bandana brigade, I've also helped the thread out when it was just beginning to grow, and expressed what I've could to help the character, he's permanently placed as my number 1 most wanted newcomer
2. Shulk:
i'm excited for it, xenoblade seems impressive, plus the monado can probably equal to some interesting moveset
3. Bomberman:
part of my childhood, Bomberman games are a blast to play, also having an entire moveset based on bombs in smash? brilliant, he also fits pretty well in the Nintendo line up
4. DK newcomer:
too be honest I don't really care, more representation and/or another kong, and i'll be happy as biscuits
5. Banjo Kazzoie:
the ultimate pipe dream, dam near impossible, but imagining it happening and its a amazing vision
vacation is over, time to fix up that dang chance chart now

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose's Five Most Likely
Before I get to my Top Five, I'd like to acknowledge Chrom as a very honorable mention for this list. I give him pretty much the same chance score I give for my number five, but I give the nod to my number five because, unlike Chrom, he doesn't face any competition from his own series. I'll give shootouts to Rool and Chorus Men, too--I see them as good, but not quite as good as Chrom or any of my Top Five.

5. Shulk
Monado Boy has a lot going for him. He's part of the Gematsu Leak (which I say is a bit more likely than not real), he's pretty highly requested worldwide, his game garnered critical acclaim and international intention (and earned a fan in Sakurai), he has a respectable movepool, and he's been teased to have some role in the upcoming game X. The only downside he really has is that he's from a franchise that is pretty obscure to the younger and greater audience. He's far more obscure than all of the four characters I'm about to mention. I have him pegged at a 60% chance heading into E3, and I'm personally rooting for his reveal.

4. Mii
Ah, the widely hated character. I was absolutely huge on them before the Smash Direct and gave them the highest rating of any newcomer back then. Seeing them worked into other aspects of the game, however, has dampened my expectation for them. I never really considered how they could use them in ways other than playable characters, like stage features, online profiles, and custom movesets. I still think that because they're such a major "character" to Nintendo (easily the most iconic figures left outside of perhaps your Toads and Meowths) and so requested among the younger fanbase that they're going to be playable, but I could see them getting left out now. I'll grant them a 66% at this time.

3. Mewtwo
Look, call me crazy, but I think that Greninja Reveal was purposefully misleading. The entire fanbase (East and West!) has been calling out for him, and pretty much every person watching thought it was him. I think he stands a very good chance based on how much promotion he received last year and because of his strong popularity. One thing is developing in opposition for him, now--Sceptile and Blaziken just won't give up. Ruby and Sapphire are coming, and they may push Mewtwo out of the way. I'll give Mewtwo a 75% right now.

2. Pac-Man
Ah, Pac-Man. I had some foolish notion that you'd be playable before Brawl--you were my personal Geno. I'm pretty confident in your inclusion again, but now I'lm older and wiser--I have evidence. I doubt Namco would pass up the opportunity to request a character, and I kind of doubt they'd work in someone other than their mascot (especially with Sakurai's ban on fighting-game characters). I doubt Sakurai would turn down Pac-Man because he is literally the most legendary video game character out there. If Mario is gaming's Mickey Mouse, Pac-Man is its Bugs Bunny. My one concern at this point is that the Special Flag could summon a classic arcade Pac-Man as one of its options. I still think the Flag helps Pac's chances overall, but there is now the chance that he could be something other than playable. Pac gets an 80% chance from me.

1. Palutena
Well, duh. The stars are aligning for Palutena. Kid Icarus as a whole almost definitely has two characters; it has a lot of items, stands as one of the games flagship franchises, and is made by the same guy. Palutena is almost definitely this new character. She's out of Pit's FS, she's been teased twice, she's been leaked twice, she was pretty highly requested (though she wasn't as big as she is now until 2013-ish!). I wouldn't be surprised if she weren't a playable character. I wouldn't be shocked if she weren't a playable character. I would be utterly flabbergasted if she weren't a playable character. 90% chance.

Groose's Five Most Wanted
Let me give shootouts here to Palutena, Mewtwo, and Pac-Man. None of them are on this list, but I really want them and am hyped to see all of them revealed. The other two in my Top Ten are Tingle and Ghirahim; I'm not really expecting either, but I would be blown out of the water by one of them. Finally, I have to give a nod to Banjo--if I didn't consider him absolutely impossible and fear hyping myself over him, he'd be ahead of even my number one. Still, we don't speak of him--he's dead to us now.

5. Hades
I think it's quite clear that I love his trollish, sarcastic attitude. He is probably my third-favorite antagonist of any video game ever (behind Ganondorf and Godot), and he really challenges Ganondorf for that second spot. He also is a relatively blank slate in terms of movepool. They could literally give him any sort of laser or dark-magic attack, and it would be justified. While most are clamoring for Palutena, I'd simply prefer Hades.

4. Professor Layton
He's the star of one of my favorite video game franchises ever. I love him as a character, and I think he'd stand out yet blend in on the Smash Bros. roster. Although I've largely failed in making a great moveset for him, he does have quite a bit of potential in that area as well. Slot Machine Gun, anyone? I have stated before that I believe his chances are abysmal (but still existent, unlike a certain bear and bird), but that doesn't stop me from wanting him. If he does get revealed, I'd probably have a breakdown of Ace Attorney proportions.

3. Shulk
The only character in my Top Five that I expect to happen, The Incredible Shulk would be, well, incredible! I've never played Xenoblade (hopefully that will change as soon as I find a new source of income), but it's one of the few games I've watched Let's Plays of from beginning to end, and I think it's fantastic from that. I grew attached to the entire Xenoblade Party, and Shulk is my third-favorite character in the game behind only Dickson and Dunban. I like his character, and I think his abilities would be really cool in a Smash setting. Oh, and the music that'd he'd bring alone is enough to make me want him--the Xenoblade OST is one of my all-time favorites, and a big part of that is the battle songs. Let us hope that the future belongs to him!

2. Ridley
To be honest, he's actually doing what I said would never happen--he's catching up to my number one on this list. Although I disagree with my fellow fans on his chances (they make great proofs for why he's playable, but I do not--no, I cannot believe them), I'm still incredibly hyped for his reveal. Metroid isn't my favorite series of all, but I still enjoy it, and I like Ridley's persistence and sheer viciousness as a character. More importantly, though, is the fact that I think playing as an evil and vile dragon and massacring the competition sounds undeniably great. Finally, I hate what his fanbase is being put through, and I real think they--no, we--should really be rewarded at the end of this.

1. King K. Rool
Unlike every character on this list (other than Layton, but even he didn't come until middle school), I grew up with the Donkey Kong franchise. I loved the DKC games to death as a kid, and I even look back on the DKL games fondly, too. DK was my character of choice in Mario Party, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros., and I absolutely loved his cartoon. Now, I love both Dixie Kong and K. Rool. Dixie was always awesome because she had the cool hover ability that changed the way I played, but for some reason I never had a huge desire to play as her in Smash. K. Rool I loved, too--I have not-so-fond memories of getting stuck on the final boss fight in DKC2 for weeks, and the boss fight is still one of my favorites to replay today. K. Rool's fight in DK64 I love even more, and I view it as the height of Rare's creative insanity. Something about playing as him in Smash just sounds great to me. Oh, and all three of my friends from school really want to see him too--he's the most wanted for two of them, and possibly for the third now that Waluigi is out of the picture.

Fun Fact: The DKC2 title screen, where the Nintendo logo is on a flag hoisted up to the top of the mast, is what taught me how to spell Nintendo. It was a big word for a little kid.

Day Over

Whew... that took a while to type up... but the train cannot be stopped!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Top 5 Most Likely:
--Palutena
--Mewtwo
--Pac-Man
--Chrom
--Shulk

Top 5 Most Wanted:
--K. Rool
--Ridley
--Mewtwo
--King Boo
--Brash the Bear

Nominate:
Brash the Bear x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Groose's Five Most Likely
Before I get to my Top Five, I'd like to acknowledge Chrom as a very honorable mention for this list. I give him pretty much the same chance score I give for my number five, but I give the nod to my number five because, unlike Chrom, he doesn't face any competition from his own series. I'll give shootouts to Rool and Chorus Men, too--I see them as good, but not quite as good as Chrom or any of my Top Five.

5. Shulk
Monado Boy has a lot going for him. He's part of the Gematsu Leak (which I say is a bit more likely than not real), he's pretty highly requested worldwide, his game garnered critical acclaim and international intention (and earned a fan in Sakurai), he has a respectable movepool, and he's been teased to have some role in the upcoming game X. The only downside he really has is that he's from a franchise that is pretty obscure to the younger and greater audience. He's far more obscure than all of the four characters I'm about to mention. I have him pegged at a 60% chance heading into E3, and I'm personally rooting for his reveal.

4. Mii
Ah, the widely hated character. I was absolutely huge on them before the Smash Direct and gave them the highest rating of any newcomer back then. Seeing them worked into other aspects of the game, however, has dampened my expectation for them. I never really considered how they could use them in ways other than playable characters, like stage features, online profiles, and custom movesets. I still think that because they're such a major "character" to Nintendo (easily the most iconic figures left outside of perhaps your Toads and Meowths) and so requested among the younger fanbase that they're going to be playable, but I could see them getting left out now. I'll grant them a 66% at this time.

3. Mewtwo
Look, call me crazy, but I think that Greninja Reveal was purposefully misleading. The entire fanbase (East and West!) has been calling out for him, and pretty much every person watching thought it was him. I think he stands a very good chance based on how much promotion he received last year and because of his strong popularity. One thing is developing in opposition for him, now--Sceptile and Blaziken just won't give up. Ruby and Sapphire are coming, and they may push Mewtwo out of the way. I'll give Mewtwo a 75% right now.

2. Pac-Man
Ah, Pac-Man. I had some foolish notion that you'd be playable before Brawl--you were my personal Geno. I'm pretty confident in your inclusion again, but now I'lm older and wiser--I have evidence. I doubt Namco would pass up the opportunity to request a character, and I kind of doubt they'd work in someone other than their mascot (especially with Sakurai's ban on fighting-game characters). I doubt Sakurai would turn down Pac-Man because he is literally the most legendary video game character out there. If Mario is gaming's Mickey Mouse, Pac-Man is its Bugs Bunny. My one concern at this point is that the Special Flag could summon a classic arcade Pac-Man as one of its options. I still think the Flag helps Pac's chances overall, but there is now the chance that he could be something other than playable. Pac gets an 80% chance from me.

1. Palutena
Well, duh. The stars are aligning for Palutena. Kid Icarus as a whole almost definitely has two characters; it has a lot of items, stands as one of the games flagship franchises, and is made by the same guy. Palutena is almost definitely this new character. She's out of Pit's FS, she's been teased twice, she's been leaked twice, she was pretty highly requested (though she wasn't as big as she is now until 2013-ish!). I wouldn't be surprised if she weren't a playable character. I wouldn't be shocked if she weren't a playable character. I would be utterly flabbergasted if she weren't a playable character. 90% chance.

Groose's Five Most Wanted
Let me give shootouts here to Palutena, Mewtwo, and Pac-Man. None of them are on this list, but I really want them and am hyped to see all of them revealed. The other two in my Top Ten are Tingle and Ghirahim; I'm not really expecting either, but I would be blown out of the water by one of them. Finally, I have to give a nod to Banjo--if I didn't consider him absolutely impossible and fear hyping myself over him, he'd be ahead of even my number one. Still, we don't speak of him--he's dead to us now.

5. Hades
I think it's quite clear that I love his trollish, sarcastic attitude. He is probably my third-favorite antagonist of any video game ever (behind Ganondorf and Godot), and he really challenges Ganondorf for that second spot. He also is a relatively blank slate in terms of movepool. They could literally give him any sort of laser or dark-magic attack, and it would be justified. While most are clamoring for Palutena, I'd simply prefer Hades.

4. Professor Layton
He's the star of one of my favorite video game franchises ever. I love him as a character, and I think he'd stand out yet blend in on the Smash Bros. roster. Although I've largely failed in making a great moveset for him, he does have quite a bit of potential in that area as well. Slot Machine Gun, anyone? I have stated before that I believe his chances are abysmal (but still existent, unlike a certain bear and bird), but that doesn't stop me from wanting him. If he does get revealed, I'd probably have a breakdown of Ace Attorney proportions.

3. Shulk
The only character in my Top Five that I expect to happen, The Incredible Shulk would be, well, incredible! I've never played Xenoblade (hopefully that will change as soon as I find a new source of income), but it's one of the few games I've watched Let's Plays of from beginning to end, and I think it's fantastic from that. I grew attached to the entire Xenoblade Party, and Shulk is my third-favorite character in the game behind only ****son and Dunban. I like his character, and I think his abilities would be really cool in a Smash setting. Oh, and the music that'd he'd bring alone is enough to make me want him--the Xenoblade OST is one of my all-time favorites, and a big part of that is the battle songs. Let us hope that the future belongs to him!

2. Ridley
To be honest, he's actually doing what I said would never happen--he's catching up to my number one on this list. Although I disagree with my fellow fans on his chances (they make great proofs for why he's playable, but I do not--no, I cannot believe them), I'm still incredibly hyped for his reveal. Metroid isn't my favorite series of all, but I still enjoy it, and I like Ridley's persistence and sheer viciousness as a character. More importantly, though, is the fact that I think playing as an evil and vile dragon and massacring the competition sounds undeniably great. Finally, I hate what his fanbase is being put through, and I real think they--no, we--should really be rewarded at the end of this.

1. King K. Rool
Unlike every character on this list (other than Layton, but even he didn't come until middle school), I grew up with the Donkey Kong franchise. I loved the DKC games to death as a kid, and I even look back on the DKL games fondly, too. DK was my character of choice in Mario Party, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros., and I absolutely loved his cartoon. Now, I love both Dixie Kong and K. Rool. Dixie was always awesome because she had the cool hover ability that changed the way I played, but for some reason I never had a huge desire to play as her in Smash. K. Rool I loved, too--I have not-so-fond memories of getting stuck on the final boss fight in DKC2 for weeks, and the boss fight is still one of my favorites to replay today. K. Rool's fight in DK64 I love even more, and I view it as the height of Rare's creative insanity. Something about playing as him in Smash just sounds great to me. Oh, and all three of my friends from school really want to see him too--he's the most wanted for two of them, and possibly for the third now that Waluigi is out of the picture.

Fun Fact: The DKC2 title screen, where the Nintendo logo is on a flag hoisted up to the top of the mast, is what taught me how to spell Nintendo. It was a big word for a little kid.

Day Over

Whew... that took a while to type up... but the train cannot be stopped!
I thought I was the only one who thought that about Mewtwo! Yes!

Oh, and btw- I just finished editing my post to add Mewtwo (thought it was only newcomers before)

Groose

Smash Champion
Today's tallying was once again done by Brawler610. Give him a hand!

TOP FIVE MOST LIKELY

1. Palutena
2. Pac-Man
3. Chrom
4. King K. Rool
5. Shulk

Most Likely
51x Palutena
43x Pac-Man
29x Chrom
26x King K. Rool
24x Shulk
23x Ridley
23x Mii
19x Mewtwo
8x Dixie Kong
6x Takamaru
2x Bowser Jr.
2x Isaac
2x New FE Character
1x Chorus Men
1x Chibi-Robo
1x Ghirahim
1x Ganon
1x Robin
1x Bandana Dee
1x Zelda Rep

Wow, what do you know? This list corresponds pretty darn well to the "Official RTC Top Five" on the OP; all you have to do is swap Shulk with King K. Rool and you have the same five in the same order! Palutena was far and away the most listed (obviously), and Pac-Man had a major lead on Chrom, which is where things became more jumbled. Ridley and Mii just missed the fifth-place spot by one vote each, and Mewtwo was close behind and may have done better if there was not confusion over whether or not he could be chosen. Other than those guys, however, no character managed even double digits.

Top Five Most Wanted

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Palutena
4. Isaac
5. Pac-Man

Note: Mewtwo did tie with Pac-Man.

Most Wanted
22x King K. Rool
21x Ridley
19x Palutena
14x Isaac
12x Pac-Man
12x Mewtwo
10x Bandana Dee
9x Shulk
9x Ghirahim
9x Anna
8x Robin
7x Sceptile
7x Paper Mario
6x Lucina
6x Banjo-Kazooie
4x Chorus Men
4x Ganon
4x Professor Layton
4x Bomberman
3x Tingle
3x Bowser Jr.
3x Rayman
3x Dixie Kong
3x Toad
3x Chrom
3x Hades
2x Rhythm Heaven Character
2x Chibi-Robo
2x Simon Belmont
2x Krystal
2x Takamaru
2x Roy
1x Impa
1x Prince Sable
1x Dr. Kawashima
1x Medusa
1x Mii
1x Dillon
1x Ray 01
1x Black Mage
1x Phoenix Wright
1x Tetra
1x Vaati
1x Phosphora
1x Tiki
1x Lip
1x Blaziken
1x Andy
1x Kamek
1x Shia
1x Bayonetta
1x Black Shadow
1x Slime
1x Rambi
1x Mach Rider
1x Zael
1x Fierce Diety Link
1x King Boo
1x Micaiah
1x Quote
1x 3rd Party
1x Retro Character
1x Another WTF Character
1x Anyone from Advance Wars
1x Anyone from Donkey Kong
1x Brash the Friggin Bear (lol)

This list isn't quite as in-line with our "Official RTC Top Five Want." It does have the same top three (though Ridley passed by Palutena in revenge for the humiliating post-Direct day), but things shifted up after that. Our normal number four, Banjo, was forgotten about, and Shulk's supporters failed to turn up in force. Isaac claimed the fourth spot, and Pac-Man claimed the fifth spot (in a tie with Mewtwo). This list won't actually replace our regular one, but it is different to see how things work on a different scale.

Today we're actually doing a standard chance/want rating for a very interesting concept. How likely is it that half of our Official Top Ten, also known as the people in the image below, make the cut? How much would you like that? In addition, we're doing something a bit less formal--we're giving how accurate we are (as a whole) a grade--a traditional grade, not a percentage. For example, if you think our predictions are spot-on, give an A+. If you think we're terrible and people should believe the opposite of what we say, give us an F. I'm not going to average this score together or anything, but I just want us all to express our thoughts.

Official Top Ten

Pre-E3 Schedule
Tuesday into Wednesday: Most Overrated, Most Underrated, and Most Accurate

Wednesday into Thursday: Most Hyping and Most Deflating Moments
Thursday into Friday: Three Favorite Days on RTC
Friday into Saturday: Top Five Most Likely and Top Five Most Wanted

Saturday into Sunday: 50% of Our Top Ten + Grade Our Predictions!
Sunday into Monday: Overall Satisfaction and E3 Hype Rating
Monday-Tuesday: Predictions and Confessions

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Half of RTC Top Ten and Grade Our Accuracy have been added to the Directory.
Check on previous days to see what scores you've given to our top ten!

Hmm... I'm a bit drowsy. I'll do this tomorrow.

Oh I thought you meant that was your total and you had made a typo (I figured you meant 80 hours). I played that game for over 100 hours, getting all the best weapons, fighting the legendary monsters, etc.

I've definitely played a game for 8 hours in a day on many occasions (especially if I get into an RPG).
My total game time being 8 hours? I don't think that I would support Shulk that much if that was the case! :laugh: 8 hours isn't long in Xenoblade terms!

I didn't fight the super bosses yet... I will once I get everyone to level 99. I'm currently on the New Game Plus play through because I wanted to have something that I can't have unless I beat the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom