• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Top Likely
-Palutena
-Pac-Man
-Dixie Kong
-Bowser Junior
-Mewtwo

Top Wanted
-Tingle. I want a Zelda newcomer and I love quirky characters. Also the tears of every pissed fanboy out there would be delicious.
-Ghirahim. I'm bored with cliched over the top masculine sword users. This one looks great and uses magic, bring it.
-Chorus Kids. Potentially very interesting gameplay mechanics.
-Bandana Dee. I want more Kirby reps and he's pretty cute.
-Pac-man. Not a big fan but his iconic status is undeniable. Seeing him in alongside Mario, Megaman and Sonic would be great.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Five Most Likely:

1. Captain Falcon
2. Wario
3. Ice Climbers

Oh, newcomers only? :p

Well, there are three that are practically confirmed:
1. Palutena
2. Pac-Man
3. Ridley

And then we take a notable drop to people I expect, but am far less certain of:
4. Mewtwo (if he counts, although he is a veteran)
4/5. Bowser Jr.
5. Chrom (If Mewtwo doesn't count, it was hard picking him or Shulk though...)

Most Wanted:

1. Slime!!!!!!
2. Mewtwo (again, if he counts)
2/3. Bowser Jr.
3/4. Banjo & Kazooie
4/5. Isaac
5. Takamaru (if Mewtwo does not count)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most Likely:

5. Shulk
4. Dixie Kong
3. Chrom
2. Pac-Man
1. Palutena

Most Wanted:

5. Zael
4. Classic Ganon
3. Fierce Deity Link
2. Shulk
1. Ghirahim

I try to keep my expectations as realistic as possible.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Most Likely:

-Palutena
-Pac-Man
-Mii
-Shulk
-Mewtwo (If Melee veterans count)
-King K. Rool (If they do not)

Most Wanted:

-Banjo & Kazooie ( :[ )
-Ridley
-King K. Rool
-Isaac
-Bowser Jr.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Top 5 most likely:
1. I'll have to admit that Palutena is the most likely new character because goddamn who else? I'm ambivalent towards her addition, but there's no one else I can see holding the number one spot in likelihood.
2. A retro character isn't something I'd say is a shoe-in, but Takamaru is something I see as a very likely reveal. It seems like it would fit like a jigsaw piece next to Little Mac.
3. This is where things get really sketchy. K. Rool is among the most likely I think, but there's a huge drop in likelihood between him and Takamaru. Hell, even the first two aren't shoe-ins.
4. Ridley. Because a lot of people want him and surely Sakurai knows.
5. No one else is going to say this, but I could definitely see Ganon coming in as a newcomer to replace Ganondorf.

The real most likely thing though is more surprises that we aren't really expecting.

Top 5 most wanted:
1. To avoid filling this list up with Rhythm Heaven characters, I'll just put number one as a Rhythm Heaven character in general.
2. Anyone from Advance Wars would be great, it's always nice to see new series in Smash Bros. By anyone of course this means Andy or Sami, but either would be fine.
3. I just really love the idea of Ganon. If he were in I hope he uses his Oracles design.
4. King K. Rool, although I've never played any DKC games where he's the villain, there's never enough lumbering heavyweights.
5. I'm not too interested in more Mario characters, but Paper Mario would be a really cool addition I think. Lots of moveset potential.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Most Likely:
-Palutena
-Ridley
-King K Rool
-Mewtwo
-Shulk

(I expect Pacman, Mii, and Chrom to not be in this game)

Wanted:
-Micaiah (But any female FE character would be ok)
-Palutena
-Third Party (Phoenix Wright, Layton, Idolmaster, Neku, Crono, Amaterasu, ANY OF THEM)
-Retro Character (Donbe and Hikari, Ayumi, Duck Hunt Dog)
-Mewtwo

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Most likely:
1: Palutena
2: King K Rool
3: Miis
4: Mewtwo
5: anything beyond here is literally unpredictable at this point

Most wanted:
1: Layton
2: phoenix wright
3: King K Rool
4: Quote
5: Isaac

Also yay I finally get to play UMvC3 tomorrow!

Morbi

Scavenger
Most Likely:
1. Ridley
2. Mewtwo
3. Palutena
4. Robin
5. Legend of Zelda Representative

Most Wanted:
1. Robin
2. Hades
3. Ganon
4. Black Shadow
5. Mewtwo

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
My Top Five Most Likely:
1) Palutena: She just has a lot going for her. A fairly popular character, KI's revival, lots of KI Uprising's stuff being in the game already, the Pseudo-scare, plenty of moveset potential...I just find it extremely unlikely that she would end up as anything less than playable.

2) Chrom: I would put a "/Robin" here as if they were equally possible, but lately I've started to feel that we Robin/other FE character supporters are kidding ourselves. When Ike was revealed and I took a look at other sites' reactions, there were very few comments related to Robin. Instead, I saw many posts saying things like "where's Chrom?", "Chrom's gonna be in, right?", "Please put in Chrom", and other such posts. Robin may have a following here on Smashboards, but to the rest of the web, Chrom is the official face of the game that saved FE, and the desired FE newcomer.

3) King K. Rool: My lack of K. Rool expertise made me legitimately confused at first as to why he should be in Smash. Surely he's nothing more than Donkey Kong's Bowser? But having seen more about him since joining these boards I now find him quite possible. I now understand a little better just how zany and memorable he is to those who played DKC back then and from what I understand he is quite highly requested from both East and West. Add that to DK's recent resurgence curtesy of Retro and I could only see Dixie standing in his way.

4) Pac-Man: If Megaman and Sonic and Snake? haven't filled Sakurai's quota for third parties, I'm fairly confident Pac-man will fit the bill. Namco's working on the game, with items from their games to be featured. I personally would find it quite odd that they would ask for the rights to use Namco items but not ask for a character. And that character would almost assuredly be Pac-man. Unless they can't puzzle out a moveset for him, but honestly, they've had less to work with before.

5) Mii: Ironically I'm putting Mii here for the same reason Mii's will probably be in Smash: easily implemented padding. I just honestly can't think of a fifth character right know that I can say "yeah that guy's probably gonna make it." So I'll put Mii here; a character that I can't imagine would be terribly complicated to put in (but hey, I'm no expert so I'm probably wrong about this somehow.)

My Top Five Most Wanted:
1) Andy/Sami: I think it's time that Fire Emblem's sister series got some time to shine in Smash. I've been playing Advance Wars for years and thinking about how either of these two characters could be implemented gets me super excited. Capturing an area to provide boosts of some kind? A unit construction system? CO Powers? This could be so friggen' COOL guys! I'm biased for Andy because my name is Andy but seriously I'll take either of them!

2) Rayman: Ya know guys, if this were 2012 I'd say Rayman's chances were downright decent with how much love Ubisoft seemed to be giving Nintendo. As time has gone on however I now understand its more of a pipe dream now. But I still hold on hope 'cause Rayman is one of my favorite video game characters. He's a completely crazy character from a wacky world that would fit right at home with the other Nintendo icons. Shoot the Origins/Legends games basically gave him a near full set of A moves. Add some cool limbless shenanigans and you've got my second most wanted!

3) Robin: Robin actually isn't my most wanted FE character. I'd just as soon play Hector, Anna, or Ephraim over him/her. But he is the only FE character that isn't Chrom that I think has a decent shot at making it, being the second main character of Awakening. And even then it's more for diversity than anything else; I actually like Chrom and have no doubts that he'll have a fun moveset when he's inevitably announced. But Fire Emblem is so much more than swords. There's axes, lances, magic, bows, mounts, beasts, birds, dragons, killer rabbits, and all sorts of cool things. Okay yeah so Robin uses swords too, but I support him for the differing appearance to "blue haired lord" and magic abilities, if only for a small taste of non-sword FE representation in Smash.

4) Issac: I finally played Golden Sun for the first time on the Wii U VC and I now understand the need for Issac. The Move psynergy alone has a lot of potential without even going into the many other spells the game has to offer. And the Djinn system opens up some interesting possibilities as well, with perhaps some summons or power-switching abilities, although Sakurai said transforming movesets will no longer be a thing. Whatever. Issac's cool.

5) Palutena: I've actually become less interested in the Goddess of Light in Smash as of late, if only because she's so obvious at this point. But I do still see merit in her inclusion. Pit can't show off all the cool KI Uprsing weapons by himself, after all! And even if she doesn't do much weapon-swinging, some light magic would still make for a cool moveset.

Honorable mention: Jimmy T. He's funky, he's cool, I'd totally play him. Dance-battling + sports specials + dat 'fro = yes please.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Likely:
1. Palutena
2. Pac-Man
3. Mii
4. Chrom
5. Shulk

Wanted:
1. Palutena
2. Chorus Kids
3. Lucina
4. Mewtwo
5. Pac-Man

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Most Likely:
1. Pac-Man
2. Mii
3. Shulk
4. Chrom
5. Ridley

Most Wanted:
1. King K. Rool
2. Mewtwo
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Pac-Man
5. Chibi Robo

D

Deleted member

Most Likely
1. Palutena
2. Pac-Man
3. Mii
4. Shulk
5. Ridley

Most Wanted

1. Krystal
2. Isaac
3. Hades
4. Ghirahim
5. Mach Rider

andimidna

Smash Master
Yay lists! :p

Top 5 likely:

1. Palutena 100.1%
2. Pac-Man 93%
3. Chrom 85%
4. Mewtwo 81%
5. Shulk 77%
[collapse=#6-#21]
5.5. King K Rool 72%
6. Ridley 70%
7. Dixie Kong 68%
8. Takamaru 67%
9. Isaac 51%
10. Robin 46%
11. Ghirahim 41%
12. Mii 30%
13. Chorus Men 29%
14. Bowser Jr 25%
15. Krystal 24%
16. Anna $23.00
17. Chibi Robo 22%
18. Sceptile 21%
19. Mach Rider 18%
20. Andy 17%
21. Lucina 15%

Roy[/collapse]

yes pls want:

1. Palutena 100%
2. Ghirahim 100%
3. Anna $100.00
4 Dixie 100
5 Sceptile 100
[collapse=#6-#50]
--------------
4. Shia/Cia 100%
5. Bayonetta 100%
Mewtwo
6. Zant 100%
7. Dixie Kong 100%
8. Savvy Stylist 100%
9. Chrom & Lucina team 100%
10. Ridley 99%
13. Shulk 98%
14. Lip 98%
18. Lucina 97%
15. Vaati 97%
16. Hikari and Donbe 97%
17. Captain Syrup 97%
19. Takamaru 93%
20. Krystal 92%
21. Ayumi 91%
22. Micaiah 90%
23. Ashei 90%
24. Agitha 90%
25. Nah 90%
26. Robin 87%
27. Florina 87%
28. Nowi 86%
29. Captain Rainbow 86%
30. Tharja 86%
31. Lissa 86%
32. Cordelia 85%
33. Impa 85%
34. Diancie 85%
35. Yuga 84%
36. King K Rool 84%
37. Bowser Jr 83%
38. Mach Rider 83%
39. Chibi Robo 82%
40. Andy 82%
41. King Boo 81%
42. Genesect 80%
43. Amazon Pandora 78%
44. Professor Layton 77%
45. Pac-Man 75%
46. Ilia 75%
47. Petey Piranha 75%
48. Blaziken 70%
49. Mona 70%
50. Ganon 65%

lawl i luv so many impossible characters

[/collapse]
Used my phone to edit so it looks crappy

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Groose's Three Favorite Days

3. Day 14: Paper Mario

Ironically enough, I hated this day as it unfolded.
The subtlety. The cleverness. The seeming unintentional-ness.
It's perfect.

The top five most wanted and likely, hmm?
Sounds like fun!
I'll start with my most wanted...
Wait...we're excluding veterans, right?
'Cause, otherwise, this list would be only veterans...I'll just proceed under the assumption that this is only newcomers...

5)
Palutena was higher up one spot, but I had a slight change of heart rather recently, so she's down one now.
Not that is says much though. It's more-so from 4) increasing in want rather than Palutena decreasing.
Anywho, I typed this on Palutena's day, so I'll just copy-pasta:
Want: 96%
I absolutely adore Uprising. But, to be honest, Palutena is far from my favorite character from said game. Granted, for me, Viridi and Hades are extremely difficult to compete with, so it still says quite a bit.
Buuut, on the less personal side, I acknowledge her importance to the franchise and I acknowledge her popularity. I can respect the large amount of fans and I would like to see them happy. And there is no character from Kid Icarus, bar Pit obviously, that should get in over Palutena. If she isn't a "Nintendo All-Star" yet, I think she should be.
But, I must say, I'm startin' to not care what others want so much now.
Nobody else seems to care about seeing others get characters they want. The fact that people sometimes don't want popular characters because they're popular also says a lot, I'll tell yah what. It just gets to me, yah know?
I care about others too much, really. But that's just my philosophy I guess.
I'd still like to see her join the battle though! Bring on the Pale Tuna!

4)

More copy-pasta:

Groose said:
I apologize to those who disagree with me, but no Fire Emblem character excites me at this point in time. Seeing one playable may change my mind, but as of right now I have no desire.
It's funny you should type that because I agree completely...

Weeeell...with one exception...just one...

That was a great introduction, amiright? :awesome:
Ooo~ another one of my most supported characters. I feel a need to give a nice long post, just like Ridley.
Wait, did I just compare Anna to Ridley...?
If I ever do that again, someone virtually smack me.
Aaaanyway.
I'll just get this out of the way.
Chance: 1 G
Fire Emblem universe doesn't use dollars! You're all ruining everying!111!!1! :troll:
I believe the Gematsu leak. I don't think we'll get more than one Fire Emblem newcomer. So, yeah, there. The 1 G is basically the "Sakurai factor," I suppose.

But that isn't what I wanted to waste my time typing! Oh, no, "Want" is always the best part about this game.
I'll start with one my first posts on this forum. It was way back in Summer 2012. In the ol' days when Rate Their Chances was run by Super Smash Bros. Fan and this game used decimals out of five instead of percentages...

shrooby said:
Want: 2.6
I'm pretty indifferent towards Fire Emblem as a whole, so I really don't care who gets added, if anyone, but I like her design, so slightly more than complete indifference. If my research is correct, then she's appeared in all of the Fire Emblem games except one, she's playable in the newest game, but in all of the games except for the one she's playable in, she does not serve much of a role. Not very likely in my opinion because I see Roy as the most likely Fire Emblem rep this time around, assuming that only one is being added, and she hasn't really been requested or really talked about as much as other potential FE reps. 0.5 in likelihood.

And then I knew who Anna was, and I had never even played a Fire Emblem game! A slight appeal since then.
The slight appeal towards Anna and indifference to everyone else as a newcomer would continue even when Chrom, Lucina, and Robin became much more popular choices.
But then everything changed when the fire nation attacked when I played Awakening back...five months ago.
Coming out of it, Anna is now one of my favorite characters. Period. And as I go back and play the past Fire Emblems, it feels really nice to have that one character that joins me along my journey through this franchise. Like having that one Pokemon that you always like to use on your team whenever you play through a game except that Anna isn't actually a unit in any other game
So, yeah, I like Anna a lot. The only character I greatly support that I'll admit much of my want comes from personal attachment.
But it's not all personal attachment! I have my reasons besides that, of course.
Even though her roles have been minor, I think she should still be playable. She's timeless, and has a long legacy with her, even if the legacy consists of small roles. She's the character that every fan of Fire Emblem will recognize, regardless of the games in the series they've actually played. (Except in the case they only played one game and it was Gaiden...) For me personally, it's those kind of characters that should be...to use a word I really don't like, "represented." I like timeless, important characters that many people will recognize. And Fire Emblem doesn't have too many of those. Granted, she isn't that "important" in the traditional sense.
(That's not to say I hate newer characters! Or obscure characters! No offense meant by that!)
With characters like Ridley, Toad, or K. Rool, I still consider them "Nintendo All-Stars," even if they haven't been playable in Smash. I support them more for that reason. But, unique to characters I support, I think Anna is a character that should be a "Nintendo All-Star" but isn't. Smash would give 'er that boost.
There are a total of four newcomers I support more than Anna - ____, ____, ____, and ____, in that order - as such, I type the following...
Groose, mark my want for Anna as 96 G.
Oh, right, conversions...umm, that comes out to about....96%

Slime: Abstain
No offense meant to anyone, sorry.
I really am just here for Anna. :troll:

3)
Damn straight. Haters gonna hate! And it'll hurt my feewings
What's that?
I shouldn't want six Mario characters?
Yeah...I don't really care.
I think Toad is a very iconic character, is important to his franchise, and has many fans! Those fans just aren't vocal Smash Bros. speculators!
Oh, but "Toad" isn't actually a "character."
Just so everyone knows, the whole "Kino" "Kinopio" thing is a whole bunch of hogwash. "Kinopio" is not "character" in the way that Mario, Rosie, or even Yoshi are "characters."
But, you know what, I'm a toobigot and don't care what the original intention was with Toad. I grew up with one distinct character called "Toad." That character, much like the rest of the "core" Mario cast, has been with me since I was a very young.
So eff it. Gimme "a Toad." He'd be "the Toad" to me and always would be. Even if that wasn't the original intention. If "a Toad" is included, it will be "the Toad" to me. And that's exactly what I want.
Captain Toad would be okay too, but I'd rather have, if only slightly, just plain ol' Toad.

2)
Look-y here,
Look-y here,
Look what I've got~!

It's the King himself! I'll make this one more short and sweet.
Would his inclusion make a lot of people happy? You bet ya.
Would he be incredibly unique? Maybe not Rosie-level unique, but I think he could bring more personality with him than any other character. That's where he shines for me in that department.
Important, iconic, popular, and could potentially be one of the most wacky characters; for me, there is only one character that deserves to be included more than King K. Rool.

1)
metroid_v02_ch009_025 copy.png
I'm tempted to type up a whole new thing. But I feel no need.
I don't think I can phrase it any better than how I did when we rated Ridley right after the Smash Direct...
Now, onto the...big one.

I'll be honest, I've never completed a Metroid game. Heck, up until I played (But didn't complete) Super Metroid a year or two ago I had never even played a Metroid game. The series never interested me, bar my recent urge to try out the previously mentioned Super and, more recently, Prime. (Though I've only played about an hour of each.) However, even before I've ever touched a Metroid game, Ridley was my most wanted character for these games.
Up until 2011 I wasn't into speculation. I didn't really care what characters we got, I just kinda rolled with it. Ridley was the first character I legitimately supported and was the character that basically introduced me to this whole community. (Granted, back then it was just one single thread, but once character threads started popping up it really got moving.) So despite not having any attachment to the Metroid franchise as a whole, I do have much attachment to Ridley. And that goes into my first reason for wanting him: the satisfaction of seeing the first character I ever actually supported finally get his time to shine.
Another reason I want Ridley is to see his increasingly large hatebase finally get what-for. I like to see those that have personally insulted my views get what's coming to them when it's as something as arbitrary and, in the grand scheme of things, as insignificant as characters in a video game. This is the lesser of the reasons I will present, but I can't say it's not a reason either, so I still present it.
But now onto the actual reason I began supporting Ridley to begin with.
When I look for character that I want to see playable, the biggest thing I look for is if that character is important enough in their franchise and Nintendo as whole. If they're an "All-Star" if you want to call it that. Smash, the way I see it, is supposed to take these "All-Stars" and pit them against each other. The Smash roster is a list of Nintendo's finest. The greats, representative of big aspects of the world of this company that we all love. The way I see it, there is no character that should be included but hasn't yet more than Ridley.
Ridley, the main antagonist of the critically acclaimed Metroid franchise. A character that's existed since the NES days. A character as important to Metroid as Ganon(dorf) is to Zelda, if not even more-so. A character so ingrained in lore that the main character herself would not even be the character we know without his integral part in the backstory.
This huge franchise sets Ridley up as this incredibly important piece of this picture. Samus' mortal enemy that robbed her of everyone she knew, and set her up for the path that we were introduced to in the original game way back when.
The fact that such an important and long lasting character from such an important and long lasting franchise, an "All-Star" if you will, hasn't been included, at the time of learning all of this, astounded this 'ere new speculator. I read through the other character threads as well, granted. King K. Rool had my support. As did Mega Man, Little Mac, Mewtwo, what have you. But Ridley, was, is, and will always be at the top of my list. That is, until he's finally included.
I will reiterate my thoughts, and I care not if you disagree: of the characters that have not yet been playable in Super Smash Bros, there is no character more worthy of inclusion than Ridley. That alone is what gives my all the confidence I need to type the following...
Groose, mark my Want for Ridley as 100 percent. A rating I never did and never will give to any other possible newcomer for these iterations of Super Smash Bros.

Oh, yeah, there's a whole 'nother half to this...
Well, seeing as I think the Gematsu leak is legit, I'm going to go the more fun route.
I'm going to pretend that the leak doesn't exist when doing this half! So I'm only going to go by the evidence that I think characters have in their favor completely disregarding any leak! That includes ye old Palutena picture leaks.
5) Ridley
Damn it, I've been filled with logic and hope. Not enough to get Rids near the top though. I still think that Sakurai could still be...Sakurai.
4) Takamaru
3) Chrom
2) King K. Rool
1) Palutena
Funny, I still think she's at the top even without the leaks.
Yeah, I'll be honest, I don't find discussing likeliness very fun. :laugh:

Oh, and if we're including Mewtwo as an exception, then he's at the top of both of my lists. Just push everyone down one if that's the case.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Most wanted:

1. Ridley
2. King K Rool
3. Simon Belmont
4. Palutena
5. Isaac

Honorable mentions: Shulk, Banjo-Kazooie (now, if they were eligible...), Dixie Kong, Beast Ganon, Toad

Most likely:

This is most likely for E3, right? Because chances for E3 and chances overall aren't the same.

1. Palutena
She's been teased so much...
2. Pac-Man
Big name 3rd party - if he's in, he's being shown at E3
3. Ridley
He doesn't have the highest chances, but he's been teased so much that if he is in, he has a high likelihood to be shown.
4. Chrom
5. King K Rool

I dunno, just figure these two are among the most likely other candidates. FE is probably just making the obvious choice. Shulk and Mii have a decent chance too.

If we just mean overall, not talking about for E3, then I say

1. Palutena
2. Pac-Man
3. Chrom
4. King K Rool
5. Shulk

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the Hades day sounds awesome. I'll check it out soon.

Top most likely: (Not including Mewtwo in this)

1. Palutena. I think she's a shoe-in, she has nothing against her and everything for her. Kid Icarus is getting tons of promtion with:
  • 2 KI stages
  • 4 KI Smash Run enemies
  • 5 items
  • 5 KI items
  • a few other things (Phosphora trophy, Dark Pit's theme, etc)
It seems especially likely for me because I believe the trophy quiz theory.
2. Pac-Man. With Bandai Namcon developing the game alongside Sakurai, it seems obvious for them to include one of gamings biggest mascots.
3. Dixie Kong. I think it's especially likely we are getting at least one more DK rep. You can argue that K Rool is more likely but, in my opinion, Dixie is the more obvious of the two. She was planned to be in Brawl and was playable in Tropical Freeze.
"But she was meant to be paired up with Diddy and not a standalone character." Nether was Diddy, but he made it by himself didn't he. K Rool may be more popular but Dixie has a fairly ,large fanbase as well, I doubt anyone would be unhappy with her inclusion (apart from a few diehard K Rool supporters).
And then there's the "she would be a clone of Diddy" argument which I really think holds not much water. We've had similar structured characters being plaable in Smash before and not being clones/semi-clones, just look at Kirby and Jiggs. You can argue that Kirby's abilities (hammer, etc) are what separates him from Jiggs but that's exactly how I feel about Dixie's hair. Also, do any of these newcomers look at all like clones, no! Of course not. That is how it is and that is how I think it will stay.
And Lastly the Kremlings appearing in Smash Run. I do think this boosts K Rools chances but not by much. K Rool doesn't have the relevancy or any proof that Sakurai has ever considered him playable, unlike Dixie. Don't get me wrong, I still think he stands a chance, just not nearly as much as Dixie.
4. Chrom. I'll be honest, I'm not too sure about having Chrom over Robin simply because, well, it would mean 3 sword wielding FE characters with blue hair. But then I looked at my argument for Dixie agianst Dixie being a clone and then I chose Chrom. Admittedly, Chrom doesn't have as much to work with like Dixie's hair but regardless I don't think he'd end up clone-ish.
RE Awakening was the series best game. The one that, literally, saved the franchise (it was also my first FE game) so it'd be weird not to have a representative from it. Chrom has a fairly big fanbase as well. Lastly, he sems especially likely if you believe the trophy quiz threory.
5. Ridley. Ridley has been asked for since Melee. He's just very overdue and as someone said a few days ago on the "Ridley and K Rool" RTC, his animation is very choppy and uneventful which is weird if he is a boss.

Top 5 want:

1. Ghirahim. By far my most wanted. He is FABULOUS
2. Dixie Kong. After playing Tropical Freeze she has quickly rose the ranks as being one my most wanted female characters.

3. Sceptile. My favourite Gen 3 starter and grass type. I think he'd be a really cool addition to the roster with all his leaf blade attacks.
4. Pac-Man. Having 4 of the most iconic video game characters would be awesome.
5. Palutena. While I haven't played KI Uprising, I have recently seen a walkthough on it and I love Palutena in it. "My x-ray glasses can see through your ignorance" - literally my favourite line in game.

Honorable Mentions:
Lucina. Without going into spoilers I like Chrom he doesn't compare to Lucina for me andhaving more girl power in Smash would be a bonus. Plus, I love her "I challenge my fate!" line.

Rayman. As a big fan of Ubisoft's Rayman Legends and Origins, having Rayman in would be awesome for me. Rayman just seems to fit in with the Nintendo cast. The only downside is that I'd prefer Dixie who, unfortunately for Rayman, also has helicopter hair.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Most wanted is going to be awfully easy considering my signature. :p

Most Likely
1. Palutena
- Pretty self-explanatory, it would be extremely surprising for her to have not made the cut at this point.
2. Pac-Man - Also fairly self-explanatory; I expect he'll be one of our E3 announcements.
3. Mii - I'm becoming less sure of this over time, but if the first Gematsu leak makes it to 5/6 with Pac-Man, may as well assume it goes all the way.
4. Ridley - After a year of teasing him, my gut tells me he's being set up as a massive surprise E3 announcement, but hard to say for sure.
5. Isaac - It's a big toss-up at this point between characters like K. Rool, Dixie, Shulk, and Chrom, among others. I'm pretty sure of the lot my highest rated is currently Isaac, thus the spot, but it's really pretty difficult to call past those first four, as the next few characters all have good claims in the 30-50% chance range.

Most Wanted
1. Isaac
- Pretty much my dream Smash character, both for repping Golden Sun and for all the cool attributes he can bring to the table.
2. Lucina - My favorite character out of Awakening, and I think she'd prove to be a great change of pace from the existing FE reps.
3. Tetra - She may be a third Zelda, but she's too awesome a character for me to care. Also: pirates!
4. Blaziken - My Pokemon pipe-dream, I doubt it'll ultimately make Smash but hopefully Pokken turns out to actually be a thing...
5. Paper Mario - Could he be a Mario clone? Sure. From what I've seen of the Mario RPGs over the years, though, he has the potential to be the coolest character the Mario franchise could ask for, which is why he sneaks into my top five list.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Most wanted:

1. Ridley
2. King K Rool
3. Simon Belmont
4. Palutena
5. Isaac

Honorable mentions: Shulk, Banjo-Kazooie (now, if they were eligible...), Dixie Kong, Beast Ganon, Toad

Most likely:

This is most likely for E3, right? Because chances for E3 and chances overall aren't the same.

1. Palutena
She's been teased so much...
2. Pac-Man
Big name 3rd party - if he's in, he's being shown at E3
3. Ridley
He doesn't have the highest chances, but he's been teased so much that if he is in, he has a high likelihood to be shown.
4. Chrom
5. King K Rool

I dunno, just figure these two are among the most likely other candidates. FE is probably just making the obvious choice. Shulk and Mii have a decent chance too.

If we just mean overall, not talking about for E3, then I say

1. Palutena
2. Pac-Man
3. Chrom
4. King K Rool
5. Shulk
According to the thread title; I believe it is safe to assume that we are being asked the likelihood of characters pertaining to e3.
(or at least that is what I did).

Wow, the Hades day sounds awesome. I'll check it out soon.

Top most likely: (Not including Mewtwo in this)

1. Palutena. I think she's a shoe-in, she has nothing against her and everything for her. Kid Icarus is getting tons of promtion with:
  • 2 KI stages
  • 4 KI Smash Run enemies
  • 5 items
  • 5 KI items
  • a few other things (Phosphora trophy, Dark Pit's theme, etc)
It seems especially likely for me because I believe the trophy quiz theory.
2. Pac-Man. With Bandai Namcon developing the game alongside Sakurai, it seems obvious for them to include one of gamings biggest mascots.
3. Dixie Kong. I think it's especially likely we are getting at least one more DK rep. You can argue that K Rool is more likely but, in my opinion, Dixie is the more obvious of the two. She was planned to be in Brawl and was playable in Tropical Freeze.
"But she was meant to be paired up with Diddy and not a standalone character." Nether was Diddy, but he made it by himself didn't he. K Rool may be more popular but Dixie has a fairly ,large fanbase as well, I doubt anyone would be unhappy with her inclusion (apart from a few diehard K Rool supporters).
And then there's the "she would be a clone of Diddy" argument which I really think holds not much water. We've had similar structured characters being plaable in Smash before and not being clones/semi-clones, just look at Kirby and Jiggs. You can argue that Kirby's abilities (hammer, etc) are what separates him from Jiggs but that's exactly how I feel about Dixie's hair. Also, do any of these newcomers look at all like clones, no! Of course not. That is how it is and that is how it will stay.
And Lastly the Kremlings appearing in Smash Run. I do think this boosts K Rools chances but not by much. K Rool doesn't have the relevancy or any proof that Sakurai has ever considered him playable, unlike Dixie. Don't get me wrong, I still think he stands a chance, just not nearly as much as Dixie.
4. Chrom. I'll be honest, I'm not too sure about having Chrom over Robin simply because, well, it would mean 4 sword wielding FE characters with blue hair. But then I looked at my argument for Dixie agianst Dixie being a clone and then I chose Chrom. Admittedly, Chrom doesn't have as much to work with like Dixie's hair but regardless I don't think he'd end up clone-ish.
RE Awakening was the series best game. The one that, literally, saved the franchise (it was also my first FE game) so it'd be weird not to have a representative from it. Chrom has a fairly big fanbase as well. Lastly, he sems especially likely if you believe the trophy quiz threory.
5. Ridley. Ridley has been asked for since Melee. He's just very overdue and as someone said a few days ago on the "Ridley and K Rool" RTC, his animation is very choppy and uneventful which is weird if he is a boss.

Top 5 want:

1. Ghirahim. By far my most wanted. He is FABULOUS
2. Dixie Kong. After playing Tropical Freeze she has quickly rose the ranks as being one my most wanted female characters.

3. Sceptile. My favourite Gen 3 starter and grass type. I think he'd be a really cool addition to the roster with all his leaf blade attacks.
4. Pac-Man. Having 4 of the most iconic video game characters would be awesome.
5. Palutena. While I haven't played KI Uprising, I have recently seen a walkthough on it and I love Palutena in it. "My x-ray glasses can see through your ignorance" - literally my favourite line in game.

Honorable Mentions:
Lucina. Without going into spoilers I like Chrom he doesn't compare to Lucina for me andhaving more girl power in Smash would be a bonus. Plus, I love her "I challenge my fate!" line.

Rayman. As a big fan of Ubisoft's Rayman Legends and Origins, having Rayman in would be awesome for me. Rayman just seems to fit in with the Nintendo cast. The only downside is that I'd prefer Dixie who, unfortunately for Rayman, also has helicopter hair.
Just a question, if you believe the trophy quiz theory, would you not also include a Legend of Zelda character? Or do you just believe that those characters are in the game in general (not necessarily at e3).

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Top Most Likely:
1. Palutena: Honestly, if somebody doesn't have Palutena as their #1 most likely, they are wrong. I really don't think I have to explain that.
2. Pac-Man: Namco is helping to make the game, they will almost certainly get a character in the game, and nobody would get in before Pac.
3. Ridley: I think everybody has picked a side at this point, either you agree or you don't :rotfl:
4. Shulk: Promotes a brand new game from a critically acclaimed series.
5. Chrom: We will get a Fire Emblem newcomer, and he is most likely.

Top Most Wanted:
1. Rayman: Rayman is my favorite video game character. Period. Rayman 3 was my childhood, screw Ridley, if Rayman got in I wouldn't care in the slightest what the rest of the roster is. Pity Ubisoft had to take away Legends being exclusive...
2. Ridley: That being said, I feel the same about Ridley. But Rayman is better. And if I get both I will die of happiness.
3. Black Mage: Even less likely then Rayman, but I love Final Fantasy, and the Black Mage is easily the best representative to come from that series.
4. Sceptile: 2nd favorite Pokemon, first ever starter Pokemon. So much nostalgia... Emerald, you were fantastic...
5. Bandana Dee: Because SPEAR!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
TOP 5 OF CHANCE

TOP 5 OF WANT

1. Isaac
Hands down my most wanted newcomer. Golden Sun is a great RPG, and I was introduced to the game from the Isaac thread. I was hooked immediately. The game's graphics and music are really impressive for a GBA game.​
2. King K. Rool
I wasn't that interested in K. Rool until I met the Kutthroat comunity here. Thanks to them, I finally got around to beating the DKC trilogy. Rare really did an impressive job on the DKC series, and its villain is no exception.​
3. Palutena
Funny that most of my top newcomers are what you'd call an acquired taste. I became interested in Palutena only after watching a Let's Play of Uprising. Really a very well written character.​
4. Tingle
I'm the owner of the Tingle Thread. Tingle provides a very different aesthetic compared to other Zelda characters, and I've never one been annoyed by him in-game.​
5. Anna
My pipe-dream Fire Emblem newcomer after Lyn was shot down a 2nd time. She appears only appears in the tutorials in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, but her dialogue will make you want to go through all of them.​

Last edited:

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Most likely:
1) Palutena
2)Ridley
3)Pac-Man
4)Chrom
5)King K. Rool/Dixie

Most wanted:
1)Ridley
2)Banjo & Kazooie
3)Paper Mario
4)Sceptile/Grovyle
5)Rambi

Yeah, good ol' space pirates fate can still be leaped from side to another.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Just a question, if you believe the trophy quiz theory, would you not also include a Legend of Zelda character? Or do you just believe that those characters are in the game in general (not necessarily at e3).
I would think those not all of the characters hinted in the trophy quiz will be revealed at E3 because I believe Pac-Man and Ridley are more likely to be announced at E3 and I don't see many more newcomers being revealed alongside them (something around 3 like last year). I would think if a new Fire Emblem or Zelda character are in then they'd be secret unlockables and not revealed until after the game is released but you never know. With Zelda U being revealed as well it'd be a good decision to reveal another Zelda character.

Top Most Wanted:
1. Rayman: Rayman is my favorite video game character. Period. Rayman 3 was my childhood, screw Ridley, if Rayman got in I wouldn't care in the slightest what the rest of the roster is. Pity Ubisoft had to take away Legends being exclusive...
Gotta say, I'm likin' all the support Rayman is getting. I don't normally hear his name around, well, anywhere. I wonder what it'd be like to have no limbs... Wow. Did I really just say that?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It's the last time before E3 we make a most wanted and most likely list so I'm going to go out as much as possible. The last time I went all out when making a most wanted list was way back in January, and looking back at that document I'm happy to see that pokemon newcomer and little mac both came true. But that was then, time for the pre-E3 one. I'll start with the top chance, then go all the way with top want.

TOP 5 CHANCE
1. Palutena
2. Pac Man
3. Shulk
4. Chrom
5. Ridley

The top four I definitely see happening in Smash, even if there's some doubt we'll get all of them at E3, I still feel pretty confident that they'll all be in the game. Sure, one can hope that I could say the same about Ridley, or that we could get Robin instead of Chrom (more on that later) but overall I think this is a solid list.
Honorable mentions go to Takamaru and K. Rool, but as sure as I am about a DK rep I can't say it'll be K. Rool and over time I've lost confidence in Takamaru's chances. That said, I still see K. Rool and Takamaru as being really high up there, just not at the top.

TOP 5 WANT
Here's where the real essays begin

Robin/MyUnit/Avatar/The Tactician
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bio99hoZVYI

Marth's inclusion in Melee was initially a surprise. With my cousin we had each claimed different characters, and the goal was to get Melee on the release date, get home, and then we'd fight one on one, each of us using the characters we had called dibs on and that way we got to see all characters in play. We finally had our last match in Fountain of Dreams, and were ready to start the single player mode when, BOOM, challenger approaching. Back in the days when it was impossible to know beforehand who it was because we just never figured to look it up. And there it was: Marth, the prince from Fire Emblem, who no one had heard of because he was Japan only.
Naturally, because it's me and me likes swords, I developed an affinity for the character and began using him extensively. Skipping over a bunch more stories, the point of all of this is that thanks to melee and my experience with Marth I grew intensely interested in this Fire Emblem franchise no one had heard of, and was ecstatic to find out, eventually, that one of its installments was receiving localization. I saw videos of that game over and over again, read news, looked at pictures. I had no idea how it was played of what kind of a strategy game it was, but man was I excited. Of course, the game delivered, and from then on Fire Emblem became my favorite Nintendo franchise (ignoring Smash, and eventually dethroned by Kid Icarus) and Intelligent Systems my favorite developer (still is, assuming Sora Ltd. is more a fluid team of people than an actual company.)

Nevertheless, after Radiant Dawn my interest in the series began to wane considerably. Shadow Dragon wasn't as great as I was hoping and I finished it and didn't pick it up again, often deciding to just replay Rekka no Ken again (the first western Fire Emblem.) So when Awakening was taking over Japan I wasn't too hyped, but still picked it up when it came over because the demo was fun and I missed the series. I truly did.
And that's where I have to say it: THANK THE HEAVENS FOR ROBIN. The avatar mechanic made that game a phenomenal experience and saved the series for me (and for everyone, really.) I went all out in making the character my own, gave it my own name and got her heavily involved in the storyline in the best way possible: by marrying Chrom. Not only did that immediately make all of the events in the story constalty related to my own fortune, but it also wound up turning the story later on into a classic tale of tragedy that ... I can't imagine it being as engrossing as it was without my character being in the middle of it.

Now that we're in the Smash speculation phase, I understand Chrom to be the more likely one. It's the one that's simple and makes sense. But Robin adds so much more, and not even just on a personal level. It's a character that can literally represent everything about the series: any weapon, it can use; it represents the tactics aspect of the series; it represents how personal the series has made the games several times by making you an NPC tactician; and (spoiler) it could even, if we wanted, represent the dark side of Fire Emblem due to Robin being one with the dragon Grima and having her faith connected to that evil. Seriously, imagine a Final Smash in which Robin loses control and a dark dragon emerges from the heavens to destroy everything. MY. GOD. (spoilerific stuff over)
So yea, Robin is definitely the more interesting option for Fire Emblem, and I would be sooo exicted about it. Ramp the excitement higher if they somehow do what I want them to do with Villager and make it so you can link your copy of Smash to your other games to get your own avatar. If I were able to play as my own Fire Emblem unit, I would literally lose it. It'd be too awesome, and I'm hoping that when they talk about NFC working across different games that this is part of it.
So yes, that's Robin, and it's only spot 5 on most wanted. OH man, I can't write so much, I need sleep. I think I'll begin making them shorter

Rhythm Heaven Character
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKAFoq0m2CA

To me one of the most beautiful things about Smash is how it introduces me to completely new series. It's thanks to my resolve to play all series represented in Smash that I have developed such a strong love for the worlds of Nintendo, and that's in the end what makes Smash Bros. such a huge deal.
With Rhythm Heaven I find myself in the opposite side of this mentality. I already know of it, and from the moment I got the DS one I loved this series and still frequently enjoy all iterations. The game is as quirky as you'd expect something truly Nintendo to be, and the gameplay is so simple and pure, and yet so challenging, that it's a game that, like many other Nintendo experiences, leaves me wondering about the brilliance of these people to make something so simple so fun and easy to keep playing over and over again. And not just that, also the experience of playing it in front of other and everyone having a fun time. Wth Nintendo.
This is a series that to me deserves representation in the most honorable collection of Nintendo history. And while I'd be happy with a stage or an AT, I think the series is so unique and there's so much world to explore that I feel it should get the works, a character included.
To see that one of the leaks with the highest profile mentioned a Rhythm Heaven character makes me ecstatic, and I can't wait to see more than that, with stages and songs and trophies and everything possible. I want to see this series continue to be treated like a classic Nintendo franchise and even spawn future sequels, because it truly merits that treatment.

And yea, if any character is to happen, I want it to be the freaking Monkey. Cause he's everywhere, and he's extremely adorable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VIyF1e6sWk

Ok, really need to make them shorter ><

King K. Rool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ2OT3FpeBQ

My main draw to this character is the fact that we have yet another type of unique villian. K. Rool is vicious and evil-looking in the same way Bowser and Ganondorf are, but has the same humor and quirks as someone like Dedede. Along with that, he has some of the best fourth-wall breaking humor. It is an iconic moment in gaming from the SNES days to defeat this guy in Donkey Kong Country, and then the credits start to roll … BUT WAIT, he’s actually still very alive and now even faster and more difficult. Brilliant. And that brings up to the other point: this guy is huge and bound to be heavy, but his movement is not clumsy like Bowser or meditated like Ganondorf’s. Instead it’s quick and jerky and definitely packs a punch. Having this croc as a fighter would involve a complete and total uniqueness that no other DK candidate could bring (as I personally feel Dixie would feel like a lighter clone of DK, having replaced him in DKC2), and, to be honest, no other Nintendo character could bring. And then that’s the other thing: there’s no other character like K. Rool. He is truly one of the few all-stars left for us to play as.
And yes, his music themes are all fantastic. I included the theme from DKC2 due to the first one actually making it to Brawl.

Ridley
(no need for a link, the song is probably already playing in your head)

YES!! I get to keep it brief in this one. I've said it all before: Ridley's inclusion is no longer just a boon to Metroid fans and Ridley fans, it's an acknowledgement of one of the biggest (lol) aspects of the speculative Smash community. This character making it in the game, imo, would make the community explode in a sea of hype. Smashboards will be down for a week. Cats and dogs will start hanging out. If it happens it'll definitely be THE event of E3 regardless of w.e. else happens.
Palutena
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6nOPEMaWAw
here, have another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDqJa1RC3q8

Like hinted above, there's a lot of reasons to expect this one. Kid Icarus is currently my favorite Nintendo franchise and Sakurai is currently my favorite developer. Hands down, no doubt. And all of it is because of the magic of Kid Icarus Uprising and the magic of all the character, the heart of it being Pit and Palutena. Of course, beware spoilers.
Now, there's so many angles as to why Palutena is an amazing character that I'll just go list form
- Palutena represents sheer, awesome character development. Sakurai was given this NES game with a blank slate angel rescuing another damsel in distress, and he turned it into a game with more character than 90% of the games of the current generation. No forced story, just a story that goes along with the fun, kind of like how when you go to disney or universal studios and you get into one of those rollercoaster simulators and the story goes along with the fun. That's Kid Icarus uprising, but with chapters so that you keep on going and playing and finding out more and more about this extremely deep world.
- This franchise needs to stand with the greats of Nintendo. Zelda and Mario are masterpieces, Metroid is gold and Pokemon prints quality and money. Now, I know most of it is Sakurai tooting his own horn, but still, with the quality of Uprising this series should now be standing among the giants. The sales perhaps don't compare, but the quality is just tremendous. Having Palutena, the namesake of the series (Palutena's Mirror) would be a tremendous honor given to this series after a title so deserving of recognition.
Seriously, why aren't more people buying and playing Uprising? That game is a freaking masterpiece.
- Strong female character. Yes, I'm going there. At around the time Kid Icarus Uprising took place in my life, my facebook was going through the whole fight between gamers regarding the depiction of women in video games. And in part, that helped me appreciate a lot of what Sakurai did in this game, particularly in making sure that the female cast not only is treated on the same level as the male cast, but also great things like them being at the foundation of the game. Palutena being there as the ultimate foundation and the ultimate source of knowledge was fantastic, and not only that but she also provided that with trolling and good humor and even vulnerability without weakness. Seriously, hats off to Sakurai for the way Palutena was created, I'm so extremely pleased, and it's the reason I have grown to see Palutena as my favorite Nintendo character of all time (non-pokemon.) And since we're talking about it, doing it once wasn't enough and BAM, we start the game as a tussle between Palutena and Medusa, two powerful female figures, and even when Hades (delightful Hades) interrupts and takes over villiany, he has to share the spotlight with none other than Viridi, who proves to be just as fierce and even becomes an ethical compass for the game (one that goes extreme at first.) Oh, and how about strong, independent Dark Pit having been dependent the whole time on Pandora's power? What a boss Sakurai. WHAT A BOSS.
- Design. Yes, because all of that stuff isn't enough, I ****ING LOVE HER DESIGN. I can't wait to see her in HD.

Really, the only sad thing is that only one Kid Icarus character makes sense, because this series truly knocked my socks off. But when it comes to a newcomer, it has to be Palutena. I also can't wait for Nintendo to promote the bejeezus out of her ... they apparently feel ok including Pauline and Toon Zelda in their nintendo starlets, and they're including Rosalina in everything, well, they need to start acknowledging Palutena as one of, if not the, strongest female characters at their disposal. Heck, forget that, one of the overall strongest characters they have, she totally belongs in this game. And I'm ready to destroy scrubs with her left and right as soon as the game comes out.

Ok, I'm pooped. Night y'all!

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Likely: Abstain
Wanted:
5: The Goddess of Darkness, Queen of the Underworld, Medusa! Her Uprising design looks amazingly amazing. Plus, being a bada$$ villain helps, not to mention, I'd love to turn people to stone.
4: The Royal Adviser, Dreamland's Best Spear User, Bandana Dee! Spears, Parasols, Beams, Megaton PAWNCH!, SPEARS SPEARS SPEARS!! Plus, his design is cute. :3
3: The Koopa's Babysitter, Highest Ranked of the Magikoopas, Kamek! There's just SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. Nuff said.
2: The Murderous Reptile, Commander of the Space Pirates, Ridley! I must ask: Why? Why has he gotten the shaft constantly for over 15 years? Why does Samus without her freaking Power Suit matter more than one of Nintendo's biggest (no pun intended) villains? 64 and Melee were understandable, Brawl still surprises me that Ridley wasn't in. But now that Ridley has been confirmed to be a stage hazard I'm just going "What the fu&#?" It's just ridiculous at this point.
Long story short, Ridley is too deserving. And he's a bada$$.
1: The Animal of Many Names, King of the Kremlings, King K. Rool! Like Ridley, he's so deserving. Little bit less so, but still. His amazing potential, awesome themes, great design, just everything about him... fantastic.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Top 5 most likely:

1. Pac Man
2. Mii
3. Shulk
4. Chrom
5. Palutena

I'm only expecting the first three, though. And even I'm a bit iffy on Shulk, but he's the main character of an IP unrepresented that caters to the E3 audience, and it coincides with X. I'm not ruling out Chrom though, Awakening is big.
I'm absolutely confident in Pac-Man.

To 5 most wanted? Whatever. I'm more interested in veterans, Wario and Snake in particular. Snake's inclusion matters more to me than any potential newcomer.
The one newcomer I truly do want to see, is Chorus Kids. But E3? Probably not.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Top 5 most likely:
1. Palutena - Sakurai character bias, trophy quiz/other hints, tons of KI content, female, great character deserving of a spot.
2. Pac-Man - 3rd Party rep from company co developing the game, one of the most recognizable video game icons
3. Shulk - Great promotional material for the upcoming X, new franchise, great potential
4. Ridley - Who doesn't want him? Well anyways, other ppl have explained this a ton
5. Robin or Chrom (can't decide but I'm hoping for Robin) - The past two weeks have set up an inevitable E3 FE reveal. Plus FE always seemed likely to get a newcomer.

Top 5 most wanted:
1. Shulk - Xenoblade is one of my all time favorite games and I love Shulk's character.
2. Palutena - KI:U is my favorite 3DS games, Pit is one of my mains in Brawl, she can easily be different from the rest of the cast.
3. Ridley - Samus needs a real second rep and Ridley is a character that deserves more than a stage hazard or boss fight and hopefully Sakurai finally realized this.
4. Robin - FE Awakening was my first game in the franchise. I loved it. The spot is definitely between Chrom or Robin and Robin just seems like the better pick out of the two. Great design, endless move set potential, no blue hair (had to throw that in), memorable.
5. Isaac - Golden Sun needs a new game and more representation. Not sure what Camelot is doing now after Golf, but here's hoping. Plus Shulk vs. Isaac would be an epic JRPG showdown.

Honorable mention: K Rool - I can almost switch Isaac with him

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Today seems like a fun day!

Top 5 of Chance:
1: Palutena (Lock)

2: Pac-Man(Lock)

3: Lupus Chrom (Very likely)

4: Miis (Very likely)

5. Isaac/Shulk (This is NOT meant to imply they are competing against each other. I just think they both have equal chances of getting in)

Top 5 of Want:
0: Frederick
1: Ray 01
2: Isaac
3: Anna
4: Vaati/Ghirahim
5: Takamaru

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Most Likely:
Palutena
King K. Rool
Chrom
Shulk
Ridley

Most Wanted:
Lucina
Dillon
Ridley
King K. Rool
Tingle

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I need to dish out something first.
Guys saying "this character must be in cuz he/she is hugely popular and Sakurai knows" is a bit baseless :<
Unfortunately as it stands right now, Sakurai can't fit all of the more popular requests (mainly Palutena, Ridley, Mewtwo and K Rool)

ok here it goes

Most likely
1. Palutena
She's already locked. With all the hints and Sakurai being KI Uprising's developer

2. Pacman

3. FE character (Chrom/Lucina)

4. Mii (being playable against friends only)

5. can't predict

Most wanted

1. Palutena
With Pit being my favourite Smash character and her having alot of personality in KI uprising I don't see why not :D

2. Lucina

3-5. Abstain
I don't really have alot of wants other than Palutena

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
@ Groose Groose would melee veterans that were cut in brawl count in our list?
Sounds good to me.

According to the thread title; I believe it is safe to assume that we are being asked the likelihood of characters pertaining to e3.
(or at least that is what I did).
Oops. It was supposed to be in general, but I can definitely see how you'd come to that conclusion; sorry for being unclear. Still, you don't have to change anything--these days aren't really worth much other than a hype-ful celebration.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Top Five of Chance, from Least to Most Likely:

King K. Rool
Chrom
Shulk
Palutena
Pac-Man

Same, but for Want:

Chorus Men
Palutena
Pac-Man
King K. Rool
Chrom

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Chance Top 5

1 - Palutena - How much explanation is necessary? She's been teased, leaked, and wanted for far too long. She's gonna be shown already.

2 - Pac-Man - His best shot at the moment. I'd think it's a "Now or Never" time for third parties.

3 - Ridley - A western-centered place seem like prime time for him. Either he's going to be revealed or discomfirmed.

4 - Mewtwo - Another big crowd-bringer, and mega-popular to boot.

5 - Mii - Due so such a big announcement require time.

Want Top 5

1 - Palutena - Yep, my most wanted, bar none.

2 - Ridley - At this point, I just want to know what his deal is.

3 - Mewtwo - C'mon, get in, get in...

4 - Roy - My dream reveal would be a simultaneous reveal with Mewtwo. That, and it'll blow a number of leaks out of the water.

5 - Anna - If I can't get Roy, I'll settle for her when it comes to Fire Emblem.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Top Likely (1= Most, 5=Least):
1- Pac-Man
2- Shulk
3- Palutena
4- Mewtwo
5- Chrom

Top Wanted (1= Most, 5=Least):
1- Bandana Waddle Dee
2- Mewtwo
3- Shulk
4- Palutena
5- Pac-Man

Honorable Mention goes to the Disconfirmed Viridi. NEXT GAME. :evil:

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Likely (in order)
1. Palutena
2. Mewtwo
3. Pac-man
4. Ghirahim
5. Dixie Kong
Even if I didn't include Mewtwo, I would have no idea who to put in the fifth spot since Sakurai's being so unpredictable... Chrom maybe?

Most wanted (in order)
1. Sceptile
2. Paper Mario
3. Ghirahim
4. Ridley
5. Bandana Dee

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Most likely

1# palutena (the pesudo palutena and the leak is the pie for this.)

2# ridley ( im way commenced now the size is smaller than ridley and from a shadow picture i made mother brain is bigger than ridley theres only 1 other time that happened and thats the very first metroid game ever.)

3# pac-man (namco is co-oping with sakurai on this and its confirmed sakurai had a change of heart of the part of namco recevies no benifits this is from the S flag and the galaga fighters so pac-man may be involved as well but more likely playable.)

4# chrom/robin (robin i do not understand but chrom we have some evidence for him and we do have a trophy hint for him and now we have a 3ds arena from his game) (ps yesterday its not the same one but now we have a wii u version.)

5# mii (theres good evidence the mii can introduce the new custom movesets thing confirmed from the direct the best since they carry a ton of things.) (ps if the mii is not confirmed at E3 i don't think he/she/you are going to be playable.)

With that said mewtwo will replace the miis position if he counts for a newcomer even though hes not.

(To explain mewtwo he got so many premotions ever since x and y sakurai hinted mewtwo because someone asked back in 2013ish and he eliminated some of greninjas stuff to make him look like mewtwo.)

Most wanted

1 ridley
2 mewtwo
3 king k rool
4 pac-man
5 another WTF character

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Top Five Most Likely

1. Palutena
2. Mewtwo
3. Chrom
4. Pac-Man
5. K. Rool

Top Five Most Wanted

1. K. Rool

When I was kid, one of friends had a N64. I only remember a few games. One of them was DK 64. Seeing K. Rool in that game, well he quickly became one of my favorite villains. Unfortunately I do not remember playing the Country Trilogy as a kid. After that, I never really played any other Nintendo games aside from Pokémon and Mario. Then Brawl happened. Got a Wii (Had a Gameboy Advanced and a DS). Found Brawl when it came out and I loved it. In SSE, when you see DK and Diddy trying to get back their bananas, I thought was going to be K. Rool. It was Bowser. That moment encouraged me to get back into not only DK, but other series like Zelda, Kirby and Sonic. Replayed the DKC games, and I loved them aswell

2. Ridley

I'm not a big Metroid fan, and I was never against Ridley's inclusion. However, since becoming active on Smash Boards I have realized how many people want him, and how much crap they put up with just from supporting their favorite character. This made Ridley my second most wanted newcomer, not only because I want him, but because tons of people have wanted him for several years.

3. Palutena

I didn't even know Pit existed before Brawl, and after Brawl I still did not get into Kid Icarus. I bought Kid Icarus Uprising launch day, but the controls were odd so I stopped playing after Chapter 3. Then a famous youtuber did a Let's Play on it, and I decided to play the game again. The controls were odd sure, but I got used to them. Between the fun levels, the amazing music, and the charismatic characters I loved it. My favorite character is either Hades, Pit or Pyyron. Hades and Pyyron do not have much of chance to get into Smash Bros., so that's why I want Palutena. One of friends (Different guy from the N64 owning one) borrowed Uprising from me recently, and he liked it a lot. At first, he disliked it for the same reasons I did. It quickly became one of his favorite games. He really wants to see Palutena, so I can't help support her.

4. Mewtwo

He's always been one of my favorite Pokémon, and after playing Brawl, I got Melee. I liked Melee, and I liked Mewtwo in it. It's a shame he was cut, and I hope he returns.

5. Shulk

I really have not attachment to Shulk, he just seems like a cool character.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Most Likely:
1. Palutena
2. Pac-Man
3. Chrom
4. Shulk