• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord

Wow, have we already been through fifty (non-consecutive) days? Since the start of this topic, we’ve seen the expected, the unexpected, and the just plain old “WTF?!” But, now, it’s time to bring a little life back to this topic. I present to you:

Rate Their Chances (of Returning)

Announcement(s)
There are now no set times for updates, however; once an update is made, you only have 24 hours to get your vote in...otherwise it won't count.

Until further notice, your nominations are restricted to non-confirmed Melee characters. Only nominations for these characters will be counted. Also, yesterday's nominations were not counted as I was gathering nominations for out first contender.

Previous Results:
He is loved by the general public, but do the designers think he's more than a flat entry.

Today's Contender:
Mewtwo

The ultimate lifeform...at least in the first generation he was.

Info and pictures:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mewtwo

My Rating and Nominations: 65%; Luigi (x5)

Mewtwo got screwed in Melee. He was robbed of his chance to show his true power. It's time for the designers to make amends with him...

Current Positions:
Name - Smashboards Score - GameFAQs Score

Top Ten:
1) Donkey Kong - 96.21%
2) Ganondorf - 95.7%
1) Sonic the Hedgehog – 89.7% - 86.3%
2) King DeDeDe - 82.91% - 69.4
3) Marth - 80.21%
3) Diddy Kong - 79.06% - 91.7%
4) Krystal - 76.89% - 72.7%
5) Lucario - 70.62% - 59.1%
6) Ridley - 70.27% - 80.9%
7) Ike – 70.23% - 72.6%
8) Wolf - 69.61% - 67.7%
4) Mr. Game and Watch - 68.41%
9) Solo Midna - 67% - 49.2%
10) Megaman - 66.87% - 64%

11) Deoxys - 65.65% - 51.7%
12) Balloon Fighter - 65.3% - 53.4%
13) Samurai Goroh - 58.63% - 51.2%
14) Bowser Jr. - 57.46% - 56.1%
15) Mii - 56.2% - 28.8%
16) Captain Olimar – 55.58% - 60.4%
17) K. Rool - 55.46% - 54.4%
18) Toad - 55.38% - 59.9%
19) Andy - 53.92% - 21.5%
20) Celda - 53% - 42%
21) Little Mac - 52.88% - 50.9%
22) Mach Rider - 51.3% - N/A
23) Stafy - 50.18% - 32%
24) Geno - 49.28% - 50.5%
25) Bomberman - 44.96% - 29%
26) Isaac - 43.72% - 59.4%
27) Tom Nook - 43.72% - 35.8%
28) Rayman - 42.41% - 32.9%
29) Paper Mario - 41.66% - 29%
30) Mike Jones - 40.87% - 17.3%
31) Skull Kid - 39.43% - 28.4%
32) Pac-Man - 39.4% - 31.6%
33) The Black Knight - 39.1% - 21%
34) Dark Samus - 38.9% - 42.6%
35) Hector - 36.27% - 36.1%
36) Meowth - 35.84% - 41.9%
37) Crono - 35.18% - 22%
38) Ouendan - 35.12% - N/A
39) Takamaru - 34.25% - 31.7%
40) Simon Belmont - 31.76% - 16.1%
5) Roy - 30.19%

Bottom Ten:

41) Wolf Link and Midna Team - 29.9% - 79%
42) Waluigi – 29.76% - 39.1%
43) Diddy/Dixie Team - 28.65% - N/A
44) Captain Syrup - 23.5% - 9.9%
45) Blaziken - 21.25% - 23.3%
46) Gengar - 21% - N/A
47) Dr. Wright - 14.3% - N/A
48) Andross - 9.61% - N/A
49) Gex - 6.53% - N/A
50) Happy Mask Salesman – 4.14% - N/A

Yellow Names = Returning Melee Character. Returning characters are placed in the ranking solely for comparision reasons and will not disrupt the rankings.

Rules:
1) Post a percent based on how likely you think the character is to be playable. At the end of the day everybody’s votes will be averaged and we’ll see how that character stacks up.

2) You may not vote 0%, and you may not vote 100%, because there are no guarantees. You may vote anywhere in between (EX: .0015 and 12.8% are allowed), but be aware of rule 4.

3) You have five nominations to spend on characters that haven't been done. You can only spread your 5 nominations between 3 characters, however.

4) Do not to be biased with your percents. If you don't like the character and you just can't give them an HONEST rating, then don't vote.

5) You can only nominate characters who have been on at least one Nintendo console and originate from videogames. Other than that, there are no limits to whom you can nominate.

6) If you are nominating a new character, that character needs at least 5 nominations by closing time for any of the noms to be counted. This is to make sure people are serious about the character and to make the nomination list less cluttered.

7) A character can be nominated a second time for a re-vote. HOWEVER, a re-nominated character must have thirty (30) nominations by the end of the voting period. Once they make the list, that character must work their way back to the top.

8) Even though I plan to update this on a daily basis, my real life takes priority. There will more than likely be some days that I don't update the topic on time due to my real life. On those days, please bear with me.

If you feel there needs to be a change to the rules or process, PM me.​

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Winner Today:
Mewtwo - 75

Current List of Nominations:

Jigglypuff - 70
Falco - 62
Luigi - 49
Ice Climbers - 37
Yoshi - 37
Ness - 37
Peach - 35
Sheik - 34
Bowser - 30
Captain Falcon - 23
Young Link - 21
Doctor Mario - 1
Pichu - 0
Zelda - 0

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The D, the I, the D, the D, the Y, it's Diddy!

Okay, I were to rate him percent wise, I would have to say that his chances of making into Brawl are 45 percent at best. Lets see.....he has a pretty good fan base & he's Donkey Kong's(who is popular as well) right hand man through thick and thin. Also, he has constantly been in a number of Mario titles like Mario Power Tennis and Mario Kart Double Dash. Furthermore, he has a title coming out for the DS called Diddy Kong Racing 2 which just puts more reasons of why he should be in Brawl on his resume.

Tera253

Smash Ace
about 39.7% (heh, random decimal)
Tera just can't see it happening.

NOTE: this did NOT say Tera doesn't WANT to happen (she could care less though) it said she can't really picture that.

~Tera253~

EDIT: by the way, you should have 4-5 characters in at a time, that'd keep this more amusing.

Assunder

Smash Rookie
I think Diddy Kong had a good 65% chance of being in Brawl.
As far nominations go, I nominate Midna from Twilight Princess.

gamefreak55

Smash Cadet
I would think Diddy Kong would have a 96.3% chance of making it. I mean he is been in almost every mario game so far. Plus we need more characters from the DK series

Wrath`

Smash Master
He's been in alot of games and he's gaining popularity as we speak.

I'll say 60-70% chance of seeing him in brawl.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
89%. I'd say 100%, but the thing is, he's not sorely "needed" as much as a few other characters. He definitely gets first dibs if they add another DKC character, tho, and, frankly, he's one of the top-voted from the Nintendoverse. I'm just not confident how many characters we'll actually see, because if we only end up seeing maybe... 10 new characters, he won't be one of em, because there's already others that people would much rather see, and Sakurai would likely much rather make, such as Dedede, Krystal, Ike, etc. etc. Diddy, as popular as he is and as much as I want him and I know a lot of you do as well, isn't a top priority, sadly. DKC is not that popular in the homeland, and, as a reality check, worldwide. It doesn't have the same pull anymore.

As far as nominations, I'll throw Dedede in there. I KNOW he'll get a lot of votes.

D

Deleted member

78%. Donky Kong has only one representative, and we need more. I guess he could bring a fresh look to Brawl, plus he's popular. Good with me.

Nominates Ike (maybe Ralph tomorrow).

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
50 %

DK has their representative, but who knows :S, he's very popular, and he can have good attacks :Ç)

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
I'm giving him an 85% chance because well, he is in a ton of games, he has a large fanbase, the DK series needs more representitives and he just pwns! The only reason it's 85 and not 90 simething is there are no promises and there are other priorities.

I nominate Earthworm Jim!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'd give him at least 80%, mainly because Sakurai has shown a lot of interest in him. That and the DK series needs another rep and Diddy is incredibly popular. I'm tempted to say he should have 90%, but that seems a bit arrogant though.

Nominate: Midna (with or without wolf)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I give Diddy a 90% change of making it, either solo or tagged with Dixie. The DK franchise is very underrepped in Melee and Sakurai said he wanted to represent underprented franchises more. As far as we could see, he gave the Kirby and Metroid franchises both a new character... Seeing as Donkey Kong is perhaps just as "important" as them, I think that changes are very big we'll see Diddy in Brawl.

Sakurai even added a minor character as Zero Suit Samus in order to represent the underpresented Metroid franchise more, so I say Diddy's changes to appear are huge, and I'll be VERY disapointed if he isn't in Brawl... Even Japan has showed intresst in Diddy, while he didn't made mayor apperances on the GameCube and DKC is hated there for God knows why...

Also, with the port/remake of Diddy Kong Racing DS being one of the most populair DS Wi-Fi games and perhaps the lastest project of Rare and Nintendo as a team I say Diddy's changes have become even bigger... The only thing I fear is that there won't be as many new characters in Brawl as we hope...

Btw, I'd like to nominate Ike for the next thread.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Gamefaqs is more respectable than this place....

99.99%
+He's popular
+He's had 4 of his own games
+He's from an underrepresented series
+He can be unique and different from all other characters.
+He practically can't be a clone.

5 x Ike

DKRDS is a sequal to DKR not a port or remake.

D

Deleted member

You can do up to 5x? Ok, nominate Ralph x2 and Hector x2.

Lol, I can see why you said 99.9 xian.

Sensai

Smash Master
Nice idea for a thread.
xianfeng said:
Have you played the game? 'Cause, it seems to me to be a port with an added feature or two...

And I'm pretty confident we will see Diddy Kong in Brawl, so I'm going to say that there is a 70% chance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gamefaqs is more respectable than this place....

99.99%
+He's popular
+He's had 4 of his own games
+He's from an underrepresented series
+He can be unique and different from all other characters.
+He practically can't be a clone.

5 x Ike

I respect your optimism for Diddy but 99.9% is a bit too high... My only fear is that Sakurai is going too wild with these retro characters, thus forgets or doesn't cares about Diddy...

On another sidenote, yeah DKR DS is a sequel to DKR in story line but I see it more as a remake... From what I've seen it's still an awesome game though.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong gets a 90% chance of making it because he is popular and makes Donkey Kong complete.

Nominations= King Dedede, Lucario, and Bowser Jr.

phate

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say 80% Donkey Kong really goes back to the roots of nintendo and diddy is the right hand man, if they have any donkey kong character, most likely its gonna be diddy.

I nominate Sonic

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
We've been seeing a lot of Diddy in Mario games as well as in DK games. He's well known, popular, and the natural choice for second DK character. I'm going to rate him higher than I'd rate just about anyone else for these reasons.

BTW, this is a great idea. I'm praying this thread isn't abandoned and forgotten any time soon.

Diddy Kong's Chances: 88 %

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Okay, from what I have gathered so far, I have concluded that I need to make a couple things clear.

1) I need solid percents. None of this 70-80% stuff. Give me a number, not a range. Anyone who put a range is allowed to vote again because I'm not counting ranges.

2) You guys have five (5) nomination points per voting peroid. You don't have to use them all, but it is in your favor to do so if you are serious about the character. A character will not be added to the list unless they have FIVE (5) nominations by the end of voting for that day.

Just for the curious... Ike is the only one who has met this requirment so far. Remember, you can spread the nominaitons across three (3) characters.

Here are the only possible combinations for nominations:

None
A x5
A x4, B x1
A x3, B x2
A x3, B x1, C x1
A x2, B x2, C x1

3) There are NO GUARUNTEES. 100% votes and 0% votes are not counted.

4) Remember, at the end of each voting period, the character with the highest total nominations will be the next one to be voted on.

I work tomorrow morning, so I will not be starting the next vote until tomorrow evening. Sometime around 5 or 6PM (Central.)

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
95%. He's one of the few characters I extremely doubt they'd leave out due to both his popularity and the lack of representation from his series, though I still acknowledge the possibility he won't make it in due to time constraints, though he's probably already been implemented in the game as we speak.

Oh, and for the hell of it, I feel the possibility of a Diddy & Dixie team up is around 60%. I wouldn't be too peeved if it made it in, but the logic behind it begs the question as to why Luigi shouldn't be teamed up with Mario, Fox & Falco, etc. The only thing the idea has going for it is that Sakurai really liked it.

Nominations:
Little Mac X 3 A waaaaay overdue character and franchise.
Samurai Goroh X 1 Like the DK series, the F-Zero series needs more rep.
Lucas X 1 Because Mother 3 is awesome.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It's NOT a sequel, and it's hardly like a remake. It's more like a port with one new extra mode and 2 new racers.
It is a sequal, I have proof

Have you played the game? 'Cause, it seems to me to be a port with an added feature or two...
Yes I built a time machine and blasted into the future to purchase Brawl, DKRDS and found out that Paris Hilton will die of one of her many many STDs.

3) There are NO GUARUNTEES. 100% votes and 0% votes are not counted.
Actually "characters" like Missingno are garunteed not to be included because they aren't real characters and Nintendo refuses to accept their exsistance.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
1) I need solid percents. None of this 70-80% stuff. Give me a number, not a range. Anyone who put a range is allowed to vote again because I'm not counting ranges.

2) You guys have five (5) nomination points per voting peroid. You don't have to use them all, but it is in your favor to do so if you are serious about the character. A character will not be added to the list unless they have FIVE (5) nominations by the end of voting for that day.
I guess my vote was a bit vague, so put me down for 80% exactly.

And if it's alright I'd like to nominate Ike(x2) and Krystal (x2) alongside Midna(x1).

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I think Diddy Kong has a 90% chance of making it into Brawl. There HAS to be a new character from the DK franchise and if anyone was selected I'd have to sadly say it would be Diddy Kong, not K.Rool.

Nominations
K.Rool
Gex
Bonk

Nadji

Smash Cadet
Diddy Kong has a high chance so i'd give him a solid 69%

Also i'd like to Nominate: Bomberman!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Since I already rated, I'd just like to add that I'll vote as so:

3x Midna (without Wolf Link)
2x Midna (with Wolf Link)

:)

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay. Seeing as how DK is one of the few franchises to only have a single character in smash, I'd give Diddy a solid 85%.

Also, I nominate:

Little Mac x3
King Dedede x2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why won't we have a Weekly Thread instead of a daily one? It's a lot of work to keep adding information about all the characters, and then people won't have to miss out their favorite characters... I don't want this to be like GameFAQS with their 6000 + characters... O_O;

Anyways...

I would give Ike a 80% of making it. Sure he's the most likely Fire Emblem Lord be be added, but there are alot of other options around. Another thing is that he also has got blue hair, like Marth... Still I say his changes are pretty huge, especially now he may return in Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn for Wii.

EDIT: Oooh forgot nominations!

2x Jill (Drill Dozer)
1x Ridley
1x King DeDeDe
1x: Toad

Top Bottom