• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Excitebiker:
Chance: 0.0001% - He wasn't in Melee for a reason.
Want: 0% - Stay an Assist pls.

Krystal:
Chance: 5% - I'm pretty sure Wolf is getting cut at this point. He wouldn't be replaced by her.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Abstaining from Predictions

Noms:
Kirby Triple Deluxe Stage x5
Why would wolf be cut?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Low man on the totem pole. Falco's a Melee vet. Lucas has the advantage of bringing his series up to 2 playables. Bandana Dee is possible. Mewtwo's probably back and Jiggs isn't going nowhere. Palutena exists. I'm pretty sure Star Fox, DK, Metroid, Earthbound, and KI will all get the same number of reps.
I don't see a reason to cut Star Fox down to 2 reps especially when that character is a villain and plays uniquely, Sakurai isn't going to cut a character with a unique playstyle, except for maybe snake but that's cause of legal reasons

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I don't see a reason to cut Star Fox down to 2 reps especially when that character is a villain and plays uniquely, Sakurai isn't going to cut a character with a unique playstyle, except for maybe snake but that's cause of legal reasons
Wolf isn't really that unique. Lucas is more unique. When it comes down to it; Wolf or R.O.B. is getting cut, I believe. Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are out.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wolf isn't really that unique. Lucas is more unique. When it comes down to it; Wolf or R.O.B. is getting cut, I believe. Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are out.
There's no reason to cut them though especially R.O.B. who is entirely unqiue, I've said it before and I'll say it again if Game & Watch wasn't dropped in brawl, R.OB. isn't getting cut now plus he's an important part of Nintendo's history

Wolf is unique though and if you think he's a clone you need to learn how to use the A button, I already said it before, wolf is a villain and with people complaining about the lack of them cutting him would be a terrible decision

Also whether Falco is a melee vet or not, he deserves the axe more plus wolf was supposed to be in melee anyway

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There's no reason to cut them though especially R.O.B. who is entirely unqiue, I've said it before and I'll say it again if Game & Watch wasn't dropped in brawl, R.OB. isn't getting cut now plus he's an important part of Nintendo's history

Wolf is unique though and if you think he's a clone you need to learn how to use the A button, I already said it before, wolf is a villain and with people complaining about the lack of them cutting him would be a terrible decision

Also whether Falco is a melee vet or not, he deserves the axe more plus wolf was supposed to be in melee anyway
Firstly, stop being so defensive. Secondly, 'ermahgawdhe'sssavillainsohedeservestheslotmorethanatrueveteran" is an awful argument. Villains =/= guaranteed in. Look at Ridley Everyone wanted him in Brawl; et we got a second Samus. A SECOND ONE. Falco got in because he was important to the series; moreseo than Wolf ever will be. HE'S FALCO for God sakes. He's been in every game.

Thirdly; I'm gonna need some proof on that "wolf in melee" part. Not to mention he was a VERY LAST MINUTE ADDITION to brawl.

and fourth; these are merely my views. If you don't like them then don't read them.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Firstly, stop being so defensive. Secondly, 'ermahgawdhe'sssavillainsohedeservestheslotmorethanatrueveteran" is an awful argument. Villains =/= guaranteed in. Look at Ridley Everyone wanted him in Brawl; et we got a second Samus. A SECOND ONE. Falco got in because he was important to the series; moreseo than Wolf ever will be. HE'S FALCO for God sakes. He's been in every game.

Thirdly; I'm gonna need some proof on that "wolf in melee" part. Not to mention he was a VERY LAST MINUTE ADDITION to brawl.

and fourth; these are merely my views. If you don't like them then don't read them.
The difference is that wolf is already in smash bros though while ridley is not and with the whole wolf in melee thing, Wolf was originally considered but due to looking too much like fox they added falco instead.
Also Wolf is just as important to the series as falco

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The difference is that wolf is already in smash bros though while ridley is not and with the whole wolf in melee thing, Wolf was originally considered but due to looking too much like fox they added falco instead.
Also Wolf is just as important to the series as falco
No. No he isn't. Firstly; who got chose in Melee? Secondly? Again; I NEED PROOF. You can say it all you want but until you show some verification than your argument it moot.
Thirdly - Falco's been in EVERY STAR FOX GAME. Wolf has not.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I see no reason to cut Wolf. Popular character and one of the very few villains. It would be a bit silly to get rid of him, but you never know...

Excitebike:

Chance - 1% - Probably returning as an AT, which is a good role for this kind of game.
Want - 10% - I don't see anything interesting being done here. But if Sakurai finds a way to make it work I might reconsider.

Krystal:

Chance - 20% - I don't see her 'replacing' anyone and with what we know so far, Falco and Wolf will be secrets if they return. She has a sizeable fanbase and Sakurai is trying to add females, and she would definitely be an unique character out of the Star Fox series....but I just don't see her being playable. Star Fox pretty much has its perfect trifecta of reps as it is. I could see her being an assist trophy, however.

Want - 50% - Indifferent. The hate for her is excessive though. She wouldn't be a bad choice.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No. No he isn't. Firstly; who got chose in Melee? Secondly? Again; I NEED PROOF. You can say it all you want but until you show some verification than your argument it moot.
Thirdly - Falco's been in EVERY STAR FOX GAME. Wolf has not.
But in the games he's appeared in Wolf's role is just as if not more important than Falco.
Also I can't find the article but I remember reading it somewhere, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Wow. What a day. Here we go.

Excitebiker:

Let's get the easier of the two out of the way first. We're so close to release at this point, that whatever characters are revealed need to be huge characters that will give us intense hype right before launch. And I personally believe that we won't get that level of reaction from the Excitebiker (or any retro character).
With every reveal so far, you could feel the ground shake when those characters were announced. Excitebiker (while cool) would not garner the same reaction. With that said…

Chance: 7%
Want: 15%

Krystal:

Oh boy. Here we go.
Part of my argument for Excitebiker would apply here, but not entirely. This would still be a big reveal, but there are bigger ones out there.
That said, I like Krystal. She seems cool and she would have a very fun and interesting move set. That said, I don't think Star Fox is getting four characters. It's just not a series with the amount of games and success that having four characters would require. Look at who has four characters or more in the game right now, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda and Fire Emblem. All franchises with tons of games and tons of success. Star Fox hasn't had a game in a while, and a lot of their games haven't sold as much as a lot of other franchises. Four feels like it would be too much.
So now we need to look at the three we do have and see if Krystal can replace them. Fox is confirmed, so that leaves Falco and Wolf. And, honestly, both of those characters are more important than Krystal. Falco is Fox's right hand man and is super duper popular (in Star Fox and in Smash Bros). And Wolf is Fox's main rival/enemy, another character who is super popular. Krystal just isn't as important as them, and it would feel wrong if she replaced either of them.
So, with that said…

Chance: 15%
Want: 35%

5 more for Sonic 3DS Stage (Not Green Hill Zone).
Thanks for answering my question @ Groose Groose , although I guess it doesn't matter now since it's now tied only with Shulk AT, which wasn't either of the two it was with before, but was actually higher on the list than mine and got brought down because of those reasons you said and now my brain hurts just thinking about it.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Excitebiker

I don't really see anything going for this guy that Mach Rider doesn't have and more since the gun adds some obvious moves. But Sakurai did consider him at one point, so I guess it's possible. But if you thought Little Mac was limited by being a boxer, Excitebiker would seem to have that problem even more. I think the problems for him are much larger than Villager's move set problems.

@ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever I think maybe some of the people you're criticizing have changed their thoughts about the "retro rep" thing after seeing Lip, Takamaru and Prince of Sable all deconfirmed. Maybe some of them thought we were sure to get a retro because they thought there were some great retro possibilities - but those are gone now. It seems like you think people must stick to the same theories for the whole speculation period and therefore Excitebiker must be crowned "Most likely retro" and inherit Takamaru's scores. Even then, there's certainly room for argument on the question of who is the most likely retro at this point (Mach Rider and Sukapon could make a decent argument as well).

Just for the record, if you respond to this: I was never of the opinion that another retro rep was inevitable. So I'm being plenty consistent. I gave Takamaru higher ratings mainly for other reasons (better move set potential, more fan demand, more references and cameos in recent games, etc.).

Excitebiker chances: 2%
Excitebiker want: 30%
Meh.

Krystal

The only thing I see going for her right now is that maybe Falco and/or Wolf are being held back to appear in her trailer. Yes, Star Fox U is coming. But we don't know whether she's in it and in any case, Star Fox already has 3 reps. Of course, if FE can have 4, so can Star Fox. Then again, FE's 4th is the cloniest of clones.

One of the things she had going for her was being a female magical staff wielder, well...

Now we have that already. :4palutena:

She does add more female representation but she doesn't strike me as that likely honestly. Although if they cut Falco or Wolf her chances would be a bit better, since they're both semi-clones and a more original Star Fox character would be appealing.

All in all, she has a decent chance, but definitely not anywhere near 50% IMO

Krystal chances: 10%
Krystal want: 35%
Meh. She's no longer as necessary as she was back in the Brawl days. We have a lot more female characters (still lagging behind, but it's hard given Nintendo's history) and that was one of the main non-furry reasons to want her.

Predictions:
Magikarp - 0.01%
I'm doing the Price Is Right thing.
Idolm@ster character - 0.2%
If this means a playable character, then yeah, no chance. Some form of representation, maybe I guess. Seems too Japanese.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OH DAMN I MISSED A FEW DAYS!
Excitebike
Chance: 30% Sakurai might have found a way to do aerials this time
Want; 70% I want a good laugh, and the bikers looked quite nice, now for a 3D model!
Krystal:
Chance: 65% Sakurai is taking fan favourites this time, so I think it may happen
Want:5% Don't care about Star Fox, unless it's Wolf returning, the 5% is because I would be happy for the fans

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Excitebiker
Chance: 5%
Really well known retro, would be really unique...just can't see it happening due to past Sakurai's worry about needing ramps for all stages. I know Past Sakurai also said Villager was too peaceful, but I can't see this one happening.

Want: 10%

Not my first choice of retro...or even in my top 5 retro picks, but he is well known and I can respect that.

Krystal
Chance: 25%
There's been a Starfox newcomer every game, so Sakurai's clearly a fan of the series. We got four Fire Emblem characters which is another series he's a fan of so I'd say she has an outside chance. But due to how close we are I'm not convinced she's close to a shoo-in.

Want: 70%
Not exactly a fan of Starfox, but even I know of Krystal(both the good and bad things) thanks to her being quite the talking point since her debut in Adventures.

Maybe I'm just a fan of individuals who get a lot of hate(Toad, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt Dog, Bandana Dee, Impa, Dixie(compared to K. Rool anyway) and Meowth, as well as liking Slippy) but I'd be fine with Krystal getting in. She's certainly well known and seems to offer something that seperates her from the other spacies.

She's not exactly on my wishlist, but she's one I'd be completely fine with getting in and would probably even enjoy playing as.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
@ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever I think maybe some of the people you're criticizing have changed their thoughts about the "retro rep" thing after seeing Lip, Takamaru and Prince of Sable all deconfirmed. Maybe some of them thought we were sure to get a retro because they thought there were some great retro possibilities - but those are gone now. It seems like you think people must stick to the same theories for the whole speculation period and therefore Excitebiker must be crowned "Most likely retro" and inherit Takamaru's scores. Even then, there's certainly room for argument on the question of who is the most likely retro at this point (Mach Rider and Sukapon could make a decent argument as well).

Just for the record, if you respond to this: I was never of the opinion that another retro rep was inevitable. So I'm being plenty consistent. I gave Takamaru higher ratings mainly for other reasons (better move set potential, more fan demand, more references and cameos in recent games, etc.).
It just strikes me as odd that after Takamaru everybody gives up hope in a retro rep, as if Takamaru had no competition. While if other newcomers are disconfirmed, everybody would be jumping to the train of the competitors.
And while Takamaru was some miles ahead of the other retro rep (although I question if the same "rules" apply to them) for the reasons you listed, he was no way the only retro rep viable.
And so does Excitebiker. He does have the same competition Takamaru has.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Krystal: 17%
Want: 0%

Excitebiker: 21% I was going to write a long post about this, but time is flying too fast.
Want: 100% In my top 10. That's all.

Magicarp: 0.78%
Idolm@ster Character: 0% What?

x5 Ditto Pokeball Pokemon

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just pointing it out, try not to get carried away with discussion not related to today's topic, like the Wolf one above.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
It just strikes me as odd that after Takamaru everybody gives up hope in a retro rep, as if Takamaru had no competition. While if other newcomers are disconfirmed, everybody would be jumping to the train of the competitors.
But if people never considered Excitebiker or whoever else to be much competition, then this would make sense to do.

You're basically complaining that they don't think that Excitebiker was much competition, which really has nothing to do with them being hypocritical in applying that reasoning to, say, the Fire Emblem franchise. It just means they have a different opinion, not that there's some flaw in logic.
he was no way the only retro rep viable.
IMO he and Lip were the most viable retros and the others are/were marginal. Takamaru being taken out doesn't make Excitebiker any more appealing.
And so does Excitebiker. He does have the same competition Takamaru has.
I don't know what this is supposed to mean. He has the same competition, therefore I should give a higher score?

I mean, it boils down to most people don't think Excitebiker is likely, especially coming this close to launch without being revealed, because of a lack of demand/hype factor, difficulty of design, lack of personality, etc. etc. Yeah, he could pull a ROB on us, but that doesn't make him likely. And in any case, he could pull a ROB with several other characters as well. Takamaru being deconfirmed doesn't change the basic calculation.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't know what this is supposed to mean. He has the same competition, therefore I should give a higher score?
I think he wants to say that Exceite biker has a higher chance as his biggest competitor Takamaru is out of the running.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
But if people never considered Excitebiker or whoever else to be much competition, then this would make sense to do.

You're basically complaining that they don't think that Excitebiker was much competition, which really has nothing to do with them being hypocritical in applying that reasoning to, say, the Fire Emblem franchise.
IMO he and Lip were the most viable retros and the others are/were marginal. Takamaru being taken out doesn't make Excitebiker any more appealing.
But if say, Chrom would be deconfirmed before Robin was shown, would people crush Robin and say there's no hope left for a FE rep?
If King K. Rool would be deconfirmed, would people crush Dixie and say DK won't get a newcomer?
No.
While indivindual merits don't change (though Excitebiker's have been slighlty underrated here too), deconfirmed competition would be a good thing.

And no, you should not give him a higher score because of his competition, I'm just stating Excitebiker has it.

EDIT: Speaking about individual merits, I think EB IS close to the retro Dixie.
He has his own game released everywhere (which was enough for both IC's and Pit), a spiritual N64 successor and a WiiWare successor and an handful of WarioWare cameos.

His first game became a 3DClassic, was supposed to be in Nintendo Land (prototype of DK Crash Course) and was in NES Remix.

This is why I think he has some more chance than a marginal one. (what js that anyway when it comes to retro's. Why did fans decide a Japan only character was suddenly the "most likely" retro?)

And about the chance of a retro rep: I think it can still happen. Brawl kept R.O.B secret after all, and while it's not a dead set pattern, it IS kind of a Smash tradition.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Wow. What a day. Here we go.

Excitebiker:

Let's get the easier of the two out of the way first. We're so close to release at this point, that whatever characters are revealed need to be huge characters that will give us intense hype right before launch. And I personally believe that we won't get that level of reaction from the Excitebiker (or any retro character).
With every reveal so far, you could feel the ground shake when those characters were announced. Excitebiker (while cool) would not garner the same reaction. With that said…

Chance: 7%
Want: 15%

Krystal:

Oh boy. Here we go.
Part of my argument for Excitebiker would apply here, but not entirely. This would still be a big reveal, but there are bigger ones out there.
That said, I like Krystal. She seems cool and she would have a very fun and interesting move set. That said, I don't think Star Fox is getting four characters. It's just not a series with the amount of games and success that having four characters would require. Look at who has four characters or more in the game right now, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda and Fire Emblem. All franchises with tons of games and tons of success. Star Fox hasn't had a game in a while, and a lot of their games haven't sold as much as a lot of other franchises. Four feels like it would be too much.
So now we need to look at the three we do have and see if Krystal can replace them. Fox is confirmed, so that leaves Falco and Wolf. And, honestly, both of those characters are more important than Krystal. Falco is Fox's right hand man and is super duper popular (in Star Fox and in Smash Bros). And Wolf is Fox's main rival/enemy, another character who is super popular. Krystal just isn't as important as them, and it would feel wrong if she replaced either of them.
So, with that said…

Chance: 15%
Want: 35%

5 more for Sonic 3DS Stage (Not Green Hill Zone).
Thanks for answering my question @ Groose Groose , although I guess it doesn't matter now since it's now tied only with Shulk AT, which wasn't either of the two it was with before, but was actually higher on the list than mine and got brought down because of those reasons you said and now my brain hurts just thinking about it.
I respect this, but I want to point something out.

Star Fox is a far bigger franchise than Fire Emblem. While Fire Emblem does indeed have a money bag game out right now, that's the first dose of mainstream success that franchise has seen. Even with the amount of games under the series' belt, it doesn't have the same mainstream success and recognizability that Star Fox has. Look up the numbers if you're interested.

Now with that being said, since FE is a smaller franchise than the likes of Mario, SF, Metroid, and others, it still got 4 reps. Who's to say that Star Fox can't achieve that amount based on it's success. And before the argument of Star Fox being, "dormant," comes into play, take a look at my RTC post a page back for a better explanation on the matter.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Krystal:
Chance: 50%:
With secret newcomers and/or DLC, Krystal is actually pretty plausible. As many others have pointed out, she's actually pretty prominent in her own series, at least in the few games she's in. Krystal has some apparent moveset potential, whether it be using her staff from Starfox Adventures, or original moves derived from her character archetype. Krystal is actually pretty popular for Smash Bros. as well, and Krystal being furry bait is not a good argument against her, because news flash: There is porn of each and every character in Smash Bros.

Want: 60%. Sort of indifferent, however, I do enjoy her design, especially in Assault, and I think a moveset derived from her staff, perhaps using an original one designed to look hi-tech like the rest of the team's gear, would be pretty cool.

Excitebiker:
Chance: 2%:
I'm amazed this guy isn't disconfirmed yet. Anyway, he's got an incredibly slim chance. In Melee's time, he was one of, if not, the most prominent and popular of the potential retro characters, yet he was passed over for Pit and the Ice Climbers. Even Mach Rider was considered before the Excitebiker, which is saying a lot because Mach Rider is much more obscure than Excitebike. The prime candidate for a retro character from Nintendo was Takamaru, and considering he is now out of the picture, I don't see anyone else happening.

Want: 30%: I would be pretty upset if what is, for all intents and purposes, Mach Rider with even less moveset potential, got in over Takamaru or Mach Rider, so I'm not too fond of them. Plus, unlike those two characters, Excitebiker doesn't have a cool theme song. Excitebike was a fun game, though.

---- Nominations:

Secret newcomers x5

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Excitebiker

Chance- 0% Ok, maybe the chance is a bit higher than zero, but I seriously don't see this happening.

Want- 10%: I know Sakurai can make anything work, but I think their roll as an assist trophy is pretty good already and I would rather see a lot of characters get in before Excite Bike.

Krystal

Chance- 25%: She has a lot of fan demand and is a female. I still don't think this means much since there's not many newcomers left and a lot of newcomers that I think Sakurai would add before her

Want- 0%: Don't care for the character. Don't like her design. Don't think Star Fox needs a fourth character. Didn't like the games she appeared in. Don't see why so many people want her. Would rather have Slippy.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I respect this, but I want to point something out.

Star Fox is a far bigger franchise than Fire Emblem.
Just wondering here but Star Fox as a whole with 6 games outsell Fire Emblem with 14? For me the total number of games is pretty significant, why a low franchise would have more games than a bigger franchise like Star Fox?

If Star Fox is such a milking money bag I don't see reason for not pushing more games for it, Adventures, Assault and Command weren't heavy hitters in sales. I am aware FE has its own issue regarding sales but Fire Emblem has been pushed more than Star Fox and that is undeniable, that is why I am asking what exactly makes Star Fox bigger than Fire Emblem?

Now welcome Krystal fans I expected a bunch of you to come to this thread today you are welcome, that said my rating might not be that favorable to Krystal, if you want please about the rest of this post.

Krystal
Chance
: 0.1%
Well I have to say Star Fox is pretty unlikely to get 4 reps. I know I know Fire Emblem got 2, but the general lack of revealed character baring Fox tell me that Falco and Wolf are both in the wings, if Krystal were to be planned at this point, I would except either Falco or Wolf already being revealed.

Star Fox is not that big of a franchise with only 5 games and 1 remake, and is already really well represented with what it has, I don't see or thing it is necesary for the franchise to get a forth rep.

Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid and Kirby are the represented and "big" series of the roster of these 2 of them got a Newcomer already and Zelda seems to fit better for a newcomer than Star Fox. Kirby? well I am unsure about it, Kirby got a whole 2 new characters last game so I am unsure. Star Fox has got a new character every new game so I don't see it getting a new one this time around.

Realistically speaking it is odd how franchises like Metroid and Fire Emblem with a lot more games that Star Fox got only 2 reps (if you count ZSS) in Brawl.

If there are franchises way more prominent that need new reps I would put my money first on Metroid and then in Zelda, Star Fox can't simply compete with these 2.

I don't like to think franchises can get "overrepresented" but there are bigger franchises or even smaller ones that deserve a newcomer way more than Star Fox, that series is pretty well represented already.

I have to say I never ever have liked Krystal, her design I don't like it at all, don't see the appeal for Smash ( I am aware she can be unique etc) that is not the problem, but WHY her WHY bring another character for Star Fox when the franchises sits at a really good number already.

I prefer to have Snake back (which I don't really like) than having Krystal

I have lurked in the Krystal thread sometimes and I am aware there are tons of legit fans out there and you guys have my respect but there are always the fellows who want Krystal in for other really creepy reasons, I can understand felling attracted to a fictional human character, but getting attracted to an anthropomorphic animal? I find that really really creepy. (please legit fans don't explote over this, I am aware most of the people here like her for legit reasons don't think I am implying all of Krystal fans want her for creepy reasons :))

Exibiker:
Chance: 0% dumped once no reason to bring him back
Want: 0% Duck Hunt Dog is more interesting

Nominations
Unlockeable Taunts x 5

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Excitebiker:
Chance - 1%
Because Sakurai mentioned not being able to come up with a good jab on a bike... that being said, he could change his mind.
And include Mach Rider instead.
Want - 50%
Could be cool.

Krystal:
Chance - 3%
+1% for fan demand, +2% for being female. Other than that... it really was a miracle for Star Fox to get 3 characters in the first place.
Want - 0%
I hated assault enough to not like the Star Fox stage being based off it. just being a part of it makes me despise Krystal.

Magikarp: 3.45%
There will be trolls.
Idolm@ster: 0%
who?

EDIT: Fiora x5
ABSOLUTELY DID NOT MEAN KRYSTAL

On another note,
Excitebike Racer
Chance: -100%
Want: -200
Somebody making an account to give ratings with no reasonings seems a little suspicious, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Krystal

Chance - 17% - Eh, just a few points off my last score due to closeness to release.

Want - 37% - Eh. Not really caring, but there are many others I would prefer over her.

Excitebiker

Chance - 5% - I think we got our retro already, so half points.

Want - 40% - Would prefer Mach Rider.

Predictions

Magikarp - 0.92% - Who nominated this?

Idolm@aster - 0.01% - We got Pac-Man, we don't need more Namco.

Nominations

"Moonstruck Blossom" X5

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Just wondering here but Star Fox as a whole with 6 games outsell Fire Emblem with 14? For me the total number of games is pretty significant, why a low franchise would have more games than a bigger franchise like Star Fox?

If Star Fox is such a milking money bag I don't see reason for not pushing more games for it, Adventures, Assault and Command weren't heavy hitters in sales. I am aware FE has its own issue regarding sales but Fire Emblem has been pushed more than Star Fox and that is undeniable, that is why I am asking what exactly makes Star Fox bigger than Fire Emblem?

Now welcome Krystal fans I expected a bunch of you to come to this thread today you are welcome, that said my rating might not be that favorable to Krystal, if you want please about the rest of this post.

Krystal
Chance
: 0.1%
Well I have to say Star Fox is pretty unlikely to get 4 reps. I know I know Fire Emblem got 2, but the general lack of revealed character baring Fox tell me that Falco and Wolf are both in the wings, if Krystal were to be planned at this point, I would except either Falco or Wolf already being revealed.

Star Fox is not that big of a franchise with only 5 games and 1 remake, and is already really well represented with what it has, I don't see or thing it is necesary for the franchise to get a forth rep.

Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid and Kirby are the represented and "big" series of the roster of these 2 of them got a Newcomer already and Zelda seems to fit better for a newcomer than Star Fox. Kirby? well I am unsure about it, Kirby got a whole 2 new characters last game so I am unsure. Star Fox has got a new character every new game so I don't see it getting a new one this time around.

Realistically speaking it is odd how franchises like Metroid and Fire Emblem with a lot more games that Star Fox got only 2 reps (if you count ZSS) in Brawl.

If there are franchises way more prominent that need new reps I would put my money first on Metroid and then in Zelda, Star Fox can't simply compete with these 2.

I don't like to think franchises can get "overrepresented" but there are bigger franchises or even smaller ones that deserve a newcomer way more than Star Fox, that series is pretty well represented already.

I have to say I never ever have liked Krystal, her design I don't like it at all, don't see the appeal for Smash ( I am aware she can be unique etc) that is not the problem, but WHY her WHY bring another character for Star Fox when the franchises sits at a really good number already.

I prefer to have Snake back (which I don't really like) than having Krystal

I have lurked in the Krystal thread sometimes and I am aware there are tons of legit fans out there and you guys have my respect but there are always the fellows who want Krystal in for other really creepy reasons, I can understand felling attracted to a fictional human character, but getting attracted to an anthropomorphic animal? I find that really really creepy. (please legit fans don't explote over this, I am aware most of the people here like her for legit reasons don't think I am implying all of Krystal fans want her for creepy reasons :))

Exibiker:
Chance: 0% dumped once no reason to bring him back
Want: 0% Duck Hunt Dog is more interesting

Nominations
Unlockeable Taunts x 5
I say Star Fox is bigger because it has outsold Fire Emblem, and it has received more mainstream success.

Seriously, up until awakening, I had never heard of someone saying that they had never heard of Star Fox, but I had frequently heard that they never knew what Fire Emblem was, until they realized that it was in Smash.

That's at least what I've done inpersonal experience, but I can assure you that Star Fox is the bigger franchise. Smash Bros is all about marketing and promotion, and while FE has more games, SF has more financial success, which gives it the edge over FE.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I say Star Fox is bigger because it has outsold Fire Emblem, and it has received more mainstream success.

Seriously, up until awakening, I had never heard of someone saying that they had never heard of Star Fox, but I had frequently heard that they never knew what Fire Emblem was, until they realized that it was in Smash.

That's at least what I've done inpersonal experience, but I can assure you that Star Fox is the bigger franchise. Smash Bros is all about marketing and promotion, and while FE has more games, SF has more financial success, which gives it the edge over FE.
Do you have any source comparing the two series sales as a whole? I am not doubting you I just have no clue why if Star Fox outsell Fire Emblem Nintendo isn't pushing Star Fox more. The last 3 (original) games althrough not bad, got really questionable scores and not that great sales, Fire Emblem too has got a lot of crappy sales, but with tons of more games, I only see Star Fox 64 as the franchise savior in terms of sales since the original came too late in the SNES life cicle.

So if you have any article with numbers I will be thankful, since in my mind the more games a franchise have the more successful it is in monetary terms. (Just look at Mario and Pokemon Nintendo isn't shy releasing more games to those and they generate tons of money).

In my circles people know both franchises.

Not related coment: I hope Command isn't considered canon

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Do you have any source comparing the two series sales as a whole? I am not doubting you I just have no clue why if Star Fox outsell Fire Emblem Nintendo isn't pushing Star Fox more. The last 3 (original) games althrough not bad, got really questionable scores and not that great sales, Fire Emblem too has got a lot of crappy sales, but with tons of more games, I only see Star Fox 64 as the franchise savior in terms of sales since the original came too late in the SNES life cicle.

So if you have any article with numbers I will be thankful, since in my mind the more games a franchise have the more successful it is in monetary terms. (Just look at Mario and Pokemon Nintendo isn't shy releasing more games to those and they generate tons of money).

I'm using my phone which is dying atm, and I'm unfortunately not home to use my Mac, but you could easily wiki it.

I know my word is good because someone put a comparison in a thread I was on a while ago, displaying the two franchise's sales numbers.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

I'm sorry to eavesdrop on your conversation, but as a patient fan of the Star Fox series, I can tell you they haven't been pushing more games through because Miyamoto has been somewhat indecisive in deciding which direction he wants the series to go in next. Perhaps you've heard the reports that he's been planning a new game for 7 years. I would also like to clear up a common misconception. The first SNES Star Fox was actually the pinnacle of the franchise. The 64, while graphically impressive and innovative (for which it has the cancelled Star Fox 2 to thank), was not as revolutionary and commercially successful as the first game. There's no shame in that either. There have been a lot of great Mario games since the first SMB, but all of them have yet to attain the same success as the first.

rmw6190

Smash Rookie
excite biker

Chance 0%

Want 0%

I dont see why excite bike would get a rep over games like advance wars or the wonderful 101

Kyrstal

Chance: 50% Star fox wii u is coming out soon, and honestly her moveset could be really unique. Plus she is a female character and a staff users. As far as I am aware only palentuna is a staff user. And brawl was really criticized for adding 0 females(besides zero suit samus)

Want: 25%

Shes not on my top ten most wanted list, but given she could easily be a standout star fox rep, I dont think she would be a bad addition to the roster

Burigu

Smash Ace
I'm sorry to eavesdrop on your conversation, but as a patient fan of the Star Fox series, I can tell you they haven't been pushing more games through because Miyamoto has been somewhat indecisive in deciding which direction he wants the series to go in next. Perhaps you've heard the reports that he's been planning a new game for 7 years. I would also like to clear up a common misconception. The first SNES Star Fox was actually the pinnacle of the franchise. The 64, while graphically impressive and innovative (for which it has the cancelled Star Fox 2 to thank), was not as revolutionary and commercially successful as the first game. There's no shame in that either. There have been a lot of great Mario games since the first SMB, but all of them have yet to attain the same success as the first.
No problem, so the first outsell 64? well I wasn't aware of that, since most of the people I know talk really great about 64 and the apparent restart for the series with 64, (since to my knowlegde both games have the same story). I had the impresion that 64 was considered the best in the franchise.

On another note I am aware the 1st one was revolutionary for its time, so it's Miyamoto planning a game for so long then that makes sense, for what I know tons of fans don't consider Command canon and I hope Miyamoto continues the story as it ended in Assault, or reboot the series, I think Command messed up with the multiple ending things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom