• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Olimar Alt Costumes
10% chance
100% want

Mother 3 Content without Lucas
33.33% chance
40% want

predict Krystal 13%
Excitebiker 6%

nominate:
Marshal and Chorus Men x5

#NOMOREFILLERDAYS
#RERATECHARACTERSONLY

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What's this about the front page pic of Lu-.

(seeing page)

Well alrighty. Never mind that, I'll just get to my ratings then:

Olimar Costumes - 5%

The other Captains will probably all be trophies and/or possibly something else. And I don't really see what else they could do for Olimar other than that. I could see the coloration of the other captains' suits being used for palettes though.

Want - 70%

It would be kind of cool to play as the other captains.

Mother 3 Content Without Lucas - 50%

I'm beginning to feel that Lucas is in a 50/50 situation in whether he'll return or not. However, I have no doubt that at least some references to Mother 3 will be included in the game regardless of whether he'll return or not.

Want - 50%

Honestly, I've lost a lot of my interest in Lucas as a returning veteran overtime. I'd still be happy if he returned but I wouldn't care much if he didn't either. I'd still like to see some other Mother 3 content in either case.

Krystal - 11.54%

Excite Biker - 15.36%

Wreck-It Ralph x5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Olimar Costumes:
Chance: 1%. However small of a change this may be, it seems pointless.
None of the other captains are nearly as popular as Olimar, and I can't see resources being made to to turn these very unimpressive character designs into costumes.

Want: 15%. I couldn't really care less. I have never played a Pikmin game and none of these characters are impressive from an outsider's standpoint, and in some cases, I've heard they are rather unpopular.

Mother 3 Content without Lucas:
Chance: 0.1%. Since this is basically "Lucas cut" and I gave that a 0.1% chance last time, this gets the same rating. Nobody likes cut characters, and Lucas has no reason to be cut, especially when characters like Lucina are being included.

Want: 0%.
Not a fan of cut characters. Granted, not really a fan of Lucas, either, but I think he deserves his spot.

---- Nominations:

Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf x2
Jill Valentine x3

D

Deleted member

Mother 3 content without Lucas- Abstain

Olimar Alts-
Chance- 30%
Want- 100%
Lucina was planned to be a Marth alt but Sakurai messed with the damage output. Plus the captains are the same relative build.

Predictions:
Krystal- 10%
Excite Biker- 3%
[still surprised MMY got above 1%]

Nominations: x5 Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight costumes

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Olimar Costumes:
Chances: 2%
Want: 0%

-Mother 3 Content without Lucas:
Abstain.

-Krystal Prediction: 21%

-Excite Biker: 12%

-Nominations: Cia X5

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Olimar Alternate Costumes- 4%, I don't see it happening since they are different characters.
Want- 100%, My only stipulation is that their name is changed on the victory screen and etc. I would find it unsettling if it I won a match with Brittany and Olimar was congratulated at the results screen.

Mother 3 content without Lucas- abstain from chance
Want- 100%, You had me at "without Lucas".

Krystal- 19%
Excite Biker- 10%

City Trial Stage x10

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Olimar Alternate Costumes: 25%
Hey, Lucina was planned to be an alt costume. Alph and Olimar have similar builds, they would also work pretty well.

Want: 100%
Why not?

Most-Roundabout-Way-of-Rating-Lucas-being-cut: 25%
We will get Mother 3 content in this game in some way, whether it be trophies or enemies or stages or what else they can add. So essentially we are rating the chance of Lucas being cut. Which I give a 75%.

I would prefer to have Lucas back thank you very much.

Also, that front page Lucas is hideous.

Krystal: 17%
Excitebiker: 7%

Noms:
x5 4+ 3rd party characters.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Mother 3 content without Lucas chances: 0.2 % and want: 0 %
I think that only Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake have a reasonable chance to be cut, I give 0.2 % if for some reason Lucas happens to be as unlucky as Mewtwo during the Melee-Brawl transition. Also, cuts suck.

Olimar alternate costumes: if Olimar has his models completely replaced by another captain then 0 % chance and want; if Olimar has alternate costumes based on other captains but is still Olimar then 70 % chance and 100 % want
Yes Lucina has been considered as an alternate costume from Marth, but she were eventually separated, because two different characters as alternate costumes of only one is stupid. But Olimar having alternate costumes based on other captains (like Peach having a Daisy-colored dress and hair but being still Peach) seems likely, because it would be cool to see the other captains represented in some way.

Predictions:
Krystal: 12,59 %
Excitebiker: 8,71 %

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Magikarp x5

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Mother 3 Content without Lucas:

Chance: 40% (Its basically the opposite of what you'd rate Lucas's chance of returning)

I’d give Lucas pretty much a 60% chance of returning; if he’s not in, I’m sure Mother 3 is going to have some content in the game, whether that’d be a trophy, stage or music track. It’d be completly ridiculous if there’s no content in either version.

Want: 5% I want Lucas back really, really badly after experiencing Mother 3. It’d just suck to see him not return as a playable character, only thing that could calm that blow down is if we get Kumatoro.

Olimar costumes: Chance: 55% The stuff Sakurai mentioned with Lucina made it seem like there are other characters playable through alt costumes, and she was an exception (though he could have just meant WFT's) . Having another Captain like Alph through Olimar is pretty much one of the most obvious alt costumes to have, and since Sakurai likes Pikmin 3, he may just throw another fan favorite alt like he did Lucina.

Want: 70% I wouldn't say no to other captains, especially Brittany or Alph.

Nomination: ...this will never make it to the top, and this will probably be the only time I'm doing this, but I'm going to nominate Ogres and Dronkeys Tag Team x5 to laugh at it when I scroll down the front page years after this game ends.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Olimar alts:
Chance: 45%

I have always found character alts unlikely, but you never know,lucina was supposed to be a costume for marth so it could happen.

Want: 50%

I don't mind really.

Lucas cut with mother 3 content appearing:
Chance: 26%

I absolutely believe that Lucas is cut, but doubt mother 3 content will appear.

Want: 10%

I've only ever played earthbound so I don't care about mother 3 content, although it would be nice to have new items or something.

Predictions:
Krystal: 68%

Excitement: 32%

Nominations:
Marshal and chorus men day x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Olimar alts
chance - 66%
I think a Louie alt is actually pretty likely. Unsure about Alph/Brittany/Charlie ones.

want - 100%
I'd dig it. I'd be especially pleased if there was a Brittany one since I enjoyed her character considerably in Pikmin 3. Same goes for Louie; while I'd never bother to use it myself, that's the sort of character I want to beat up whenever possible. Still angry at him.

Lucas cut with mother 3 content appearing
Chance - 50%
Well, my prediction was useless I guess. Oh well. Basically, this just winds up being a rating for Lucas. Because even if they make the decision to cut him, Brawl shows how much Sakurai loves Mother 3 in terms of just how much it got. If I remember correctly the only Mother song in the series that comes from Earthbound so far is Fourside, and I don't recall if it's in Brawl at all. The rest of the new songs in Brawl were either in all three games or originated in the first one, or were just in mother 3.
So just thanks to music alone that means that without Lucas I'd still be certain about Mother 3 content.

Want - 0%
I don't want Lucas cut anymore. Because I'm currently playing through Mother 3 and now I have the gift of bias. So this would be just horrible.

Predictions
Krystal - 15%
Excitebike - 8%

Nominations
x5 Use your own villager or robin

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm stressed and I got a lot to to tomor...er, later today. I'll make this quick...hopefully. >_>

Olimar Alternate Costumes
Chance: 35%

Like with Outset Toon Link, this one comes mostly down to whether they decide it's worth making a Louie, Alph, etc costume for Olimar. Lucina proved alternate costumes who are different characters can happen; she only because her own character because Sakurai wanted her to not have Marth's tipper mechanic. Olimar's chances dip slightly because of Brittany having a trophy, and they're lower than Outset Toon Link already because the Pikmin series isn't quite as well known as Wind Waker. Overall, though, it seems decent, if unlikely.

Want: 40%

More alternate costumes are cool, I guess. If it didn't happen, though, no protests here.

Mother 3 Content, sans Lucas
Chance: 60%

Sakurai clearly likes Mother 3, so the game getting some kind of content is practically a no brainer. Because of that, this is basically an inverse Lucas rating.

...And I still think he's likely cut. Sakurai said he doesn't like making cuts, but as we saw with Brawl, he wouldn't let that preference get in the way if push came to shove. Mewtwo and (to a lesser extent) Roy seem to have been cut for time, but with others that weren't carried over from Melee, it seemed to be because it was seen as time for them to leave. Lucas was mainly in Brawl because Mother 3 made him relevant for a little while, and with the game fading more into cult status and Lucas being the half-clone he was...I think it's more likely than not Lucas' time to leave has come.

But maybe he'd still make it in as a Ness alternate costume. Who knows. >_>

Want: 70%

I understand how people like Mother 3, so I still want some stuff from it in...but I don't see the need to keep Lucas around as his own character. *shrug*

Predictions
Krystal: 19.85%
Excitebiker: 7.9%

Nominations
Before I pick one, how many days are left before nominations freeze and we go with whatever's highest until September 13th?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Olimar Costumes:
Chance - 1%: I'm assuming this refers to the captains themselves and not palette swaps based on them. Alph, Britney, Charlie, and Louie are all different characters from Olimar, and if what I understand from Sakurai's Famitsu article about Lucina is correct, the only reason she was ever planned to be a Marth alternate was due to her masquerading as Marth for half the game. None of these characters ever pretended to be Olimar (the crew of the S.S. Drake did mistake Louie for Olimar, though I don't think that counts) so I don't think Olimar would get straight up alternate costumes of these characters. Palette swaps are certainly possible though.
Want - 50%: Indifferent

Mother 3 Content Without Lucas:
Chance - 0%: I gave Lucas a 100% chance. I may be in the minority, but I think he's back. Mother 3 content whether it be music, trophies, or maybe even a stage I think is guaranteed, but I think Lucas is also, hence my absurdly high rating.
Want - 0%: All it would do is tease us with how Lucas isn't playable. It's like if there was Mewtwo's theme from Stadium was in Brawl, or a Pokemon Mansion stage, or Kokiri Forest. Putting "Roy" in the title of that one song on Castle Siege was also rather annoying, when I'm pretty sure that song plays in other Fire Emblem games. Dr. Mario, G/S Battle Theme, and Poke Floats don't count due to being past songs.

D

Deleted member

Olimar Costumes
Chance:
40%

I can see color swaps that resemble the captains, but I don't think that we'll get something as extensive as Olimar suddenly looking like Louie or Alph for example. It might be another Link's Skyloft attire situation.
Indifferent

Mother 3 Content Without Lucas
Chance:
40%

I gave Lucas a 60%. I am confident that we will get Mother 3 content; the Ultimate Chimera was referenced after all. So, I can see us realistically get Mother 3 content, but Lucas gets cut. I mean, we did get a ton of Animal Crossing content without the Villager in Brawl, so something like this wouldn't be strange or out of the ordinary.
I definitely believe that Mother 3 will get content, but I think that it's a bit less likely that we will get it without Lucas.
Want: Abstain
I can't put a number on this.

Krystal Prediction: 19.87%
Perhaps a slight increase now that Gematsu is dead?
Excitebiker Prediction: 3.65%
With the demise of Takamaru, the most likely retro according to these boards, the chances of us getting a retro rep is a bit slim.

Nominations: Dr. Mario Day 5x

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Olimar Costumes
Chance: 25%
Mother 3 Content without Lucas
Chance: 50%
Want: Abstain
Nomination:
Unlockable Costumes x5

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Olimar Costumes: 35%
It seems really obvious, but it also seems obvious to take Link's hat off when he's in his Skyward Sword pyjamas.

I'd be cool with that, I do like the other captains.

Lucas is cut: 3%
There's a chance, but it sure is slim.

PK Ground for custom special... and PK Wall would be nice too, but that could be on Ness fine.

Ammusecyclist: 3.33%
Dem Retros.

Jung Soo Jung: 16%
KPop reference because why not?... that and I really don't know if anyone really thinks Krystal has a chance this late in the game when we still haven't seen Falco or Wolf.

Dragon Quest*15
(Slime goo-d at pre-drip-tions? Goo knew?!)

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Olimar Costumes

Chance - 0.01% - While slightly more reasonable than some character swaps, I don't think it's all that likely.

Want - 50% - Nope. Not a care on costumes.

Mother 3 without Lucas

Chance - 7.5% - About 3/4 of a chance without Lucas. As I gave Lucas a 90% earlier, this is the math.

Want - 0% - Cuts shouldn't happen. At least not from Brawl's.

Nominations

"Moonstruck Blossom" X10

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Mother 3 Without Lucas
Chance: 50%/100%
This one is... difficult to rate. Do I rate this as a whole? Or do I rate it assuming Lucas is gone. If it's former, I'd give it like a 50% chance, if it's the later, I'd give it a 100% chance. There's no way there would be absolutely nothing from Mother 3. I'm sure there will be at the very least be trophies, and if Lucas is cut, I could see him get replaced by another character in the game.

I did enjoy playing Lucas, much moreso than Ness, so I don't want him out of the game. They are just different enough from each other for me to want them both

Olimar Alternate Costume
Chance: 10%
This doesn't look very likely, as so far we haven't seen any alternate costumes of characters posing as different characters. It does pose questions such as the announcer and stuff, but it could work. We know that the idea has at the very least been considered, after Lucina was confirmed to originally be a Marth alt. Olimar seems like a prime character to get this type of alt, because of how similar all the characters in the franchise are to each other

Of course I want this, I nominated it. I am a massive Pikmin fan and an Olimar main, so I'd love to see more representation of the series in the game. Being able to play as Louie, Alph, and maybe even the President would be awesome. But I know for a fact that if any of the captains were added as separate characters there would be no way that they wouldn't be clones, so I've gotta settle for alt costumes instead. If they put the proper amount of effort into them, it could seriously be a fantastic addition

Nominations
Balance Patches x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Olimar Alts
Chance: 10% - A Dark Pit alt may have been hinted at and Lucina was already planned as an alt. I think there's chance this could happen but not a big one.
Want: 100% - I support this idea.

Lucas getting cut while smash retains it's Mother 3 content.
Chance: 30% - Because I think there's a 70% chance of Lucas returning and Mother 3 content is all but guaranteed.

Predictions
Excitebiker: 8%
Krystal: 12%

Nominations: SSB4 outsells Brawl x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mother 3 Content Without Lucas Chance: 85% I gave Lucas a 15% chance in making the cut as a playable character, this might as well be the appropriate percent I put. I still put my bets that the Gematsu leak is still almost valid, which brought out that either Lucas or Ness would be cut, and the Lucas was the likelier one out. Let's be honest do you guys really think Lucas has no reason to get cut, does Lucas has much of an invincible chance as Wario (Who is literally and lock-in and still is an important and relevant Nintendo character in the industry) for example, he does have things against him, as some people have pointed out before. He still has the chance of being very low in the priority list being above newer clones Dark Pit, Dixie Kong and Lucina.

Now with the main topic in mind, there is going to be Mother 3 Content in the game even with Lucas cut. Just because Lucas is cut, does not mean Mother 3 content has to be axed entirely. Look at Dr. Mario for example (Whom I'm nominating and could use some help), he may have been cut from Brawl, but he still has the music in the Pictochat stage with the tracks Chill and Fever. If Lucas is cut, there is probably going to be at least music, stages, and trophies in both versions of Smash Bros. And Sakurai has never forgotten Mother 3 at all, as he did reference the Ultimate Chimera in one pic of the day, so you can bet that content from the game will still be there somewhere.

Olimar Alternate Costumes Chance: 85% Sakurai has already stated that different characters can be an alt. costume in the Lucina interview. Add into the fact that Alph has a pretty low chance at being playable (Whom I gave 15% to) due not being as popular candidate as Dark Pit and Lucina (Which I think is definitely the criteria for semi-clones),and this has a good chance of happening. I really don't have to say much since the Lucina interview is pretty much the biggest benefit to this concept happening.

Also I see something wrong here with the nominations:
x75 Dr. Mario Day
x15 Dr. Mario
What's the difference between these, and could you possibly add those nominations to Dr. Mario Day?
@ Groose Groose

Krystal Prediction: 24.56% People will be biased against Krystal for sure.
Excitebiker Prediction: 7.89% "How can he fight on a bike" will be the general answer here.

Nominations:
x5 Dr. Mario Day

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Olimar Alt costume chance: 40%
I can see an easy costume swap, they all do about the same thing anyway.

Want:60%
I support most alts that don't sound stupid or silly.

Mother 3 content without Lucas: 45%
This was a little bit of a hard one, so here me out.

we are talking like at the minimum stickers and trophies right? Either way I'd expect some sort or something ether way. BUT the grounds for this, so i just used what I think Lucas's chances of coming back are in reverse.

Noms: Bandana dee x5

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Olimar Costumes
Chances: 1%
Lucina is the exception for alternate character costumes, not the standard
having alternate character costumes dilutes the concept of unique character even more than clones.

Mother 3 content without Lucas
Chances: 70%
If Lucas is cut, there will be Mother 3 content without him out. I have no doubt about that. It happens all the time in other generational Nintendo series. There is FE7 content without Eliwood, Hector, or Lyn as playable characters. There will be a generation 5 content of Pokemon without a generation 5 rep, and the same happened to generation 3. Ness will be in the game, so at least there will be a series rep.

And I look at the roster and I think eventually a few of the character from Brawl simply arent going to make it. People keep thinking, well they are a clone so they should be easy to make. But that ease of implementation wont factor into a cut. Look at Roy, a character in similar position as Lucas from Melee. He's a japan only character, a character whose moveset borrows from another, and he doesnt return in the next game. I'm not saying the Lucas will definitely be cut, but there is a lot going against them.

I'd happily be wrong as I preferred his playstyle to Ness.
I don't mind it as it happens all the time with other series. It's the nature of being a generational series. I think Mother 3 getting no content would be worse. With less of an international presence, it would be hard to create a big push for Mother 3's international release. Of course, that would probably be easier with Lucas. But beggars can't be choosers ya know?

noms:
shulk AT x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Extra Nominations post updated.

Congrats @ Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites for getting Mega Mewtwo Y on the dot!

Olimar Costumes: 5% - I don't think they'd go for this.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Mother 3 Content Without Lucas: 40% - I'm certain we're getting something from the game either way, and I think there's a 40% chance of Lucas getting cut, so there you go.
Want: 50% - I don't care what happens to Lucas.

Shulk AT x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Olimar Costumes:
Chance: 10%
Want: 95%

I love Pikmin, so seeing different captains would be great. However, I'm against alternate characters unless they change their name as well. Hearing, "The winner is, Pikmin and Olimar!" and then seeing Louie dancing is a bit weird. Just nit-pick stuff.

Want: 20%

I don't really care honestly. If Lucas is cut but we still see Mother 3 content, I wouldn't lose sleep. I'm actually not the biggest Mother fan out there.

Nominations:
Mario Party Content x4
M. Bison x1

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Olimar Alternate Costume
Olimar Costume Chance: 65%
With Sakurai confirming that characters can have alternate costumes of different characters, and that he planned a Lucina Alt. for Marth, I could easily see Olimar getting a Louie or Alph costume.
Olimar Costume Want: 75%
I'm down for some more Pikmin representation.

@ Groose Groose , I think we need some clarification on what this means. Up to what degree is something considered "content"? Does a simple trophy count as content, or does it have to be something more, like an assist trophy or a stage? For now I'll rate it assuming trophies count.
Mother 3 Content Chance: 100%

Since Sakurai is making original models for trophies like he did in Melee, we have a good chance of finally having some Mother trophies. And if we do have Mother trophies, we will certainly see some Mother 3 ones. A Porky trophy is pretty much a lock,e specially if he returns as a boss.
Mother 3 Content Want: 100%
While I don't want Lucas to be cut, if he is, I'll still gladly take some Mother trophies.

Predictions
Krystal: 20%
The main problem with her is that there are so many characters that will easily get in, and should get in, before here. K. Rool/Dixie, Ghirahim/Impa, Shulk, Chorus Men, and more. There are so many characters who are more important/deserving than her, and more popular than her.

ExciteBiker: 10%
People will dismiss this and say Mach Rider instead.

Nominations:
X5 Pig Ganon

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
FLAT OUT ZERO
Lucas isn't getting cut from the game, even if he was, he'd be mentioned in some way

Olimar Costumes, no idea, idk Pikmin

Predictions
Krystal: 99%
People doubt Krystal for no legitimate reason. They've been working on that new StarFox game for 7 years now, and it was originally planned for the Wii. I read that this morning in Krystal's support thread.

ExciteBiker: 10%
Mmm, nah.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
@ Groose Groose , I think we need some clarification on what this means. Up to what degree is something considered "content"? Does a simple trophy count as content, or does it have to be something more, like an assist trophy or a stage?
Content that's not a playable character, stages, trophies, assists are such examples.

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet

Chance: 100%

Assuming Lucas is cut (which I would give Lucas 95% chance of returning, but I guess that is beside the point), it would seem very unlikely that he wouldn't at least have a trophy in the game. I mean, look at Mewtwo. He had a trophy in Brawl and Sakurai even made it so it was a difficult trophy to get, knowing that it would be sought after and that people would have to get good at the game to get it. I can easily see Sakurai doing the same thing again with any cut characters.

I want Lucas back. If he's gone, I'd at least like a trophy, but I want Lucas back much much more.

Olimar Costumes:

I would guess it would probably be Louie if it is anything, but costumes are hard to predict. There's never been an alternate costume where we could have effectively predicted it using evidence before (except Little Mac's pink sweatshirt, which we probably would have predicted against anyway.)

Never played a Pikmin game. Didn't use Olimar much in Brawl. Total indifference.

5x Sonic 3DS Stage (Not Green Hill Zone)

So I have a nomination question, now that the first thing I've nominated has reached near the top. Right now, there are three things with 85 nominations, one of them being mine. Assuming that each of them receives the same votes (probably 5) a day until they reach the top, what happens then? Do we do 3 in one day or does one of them just wait until the next day?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Chance:15%
I believe that there will be Mother 3 Content either way, but I find Lucas likely to return and if we were just voting for him, I'd give him an 85% chance, so like everyone else, this is an inverted Lucas score.

Want:0%
They better bring back Lucas, he was definitely a lot better than Ness, in my opinion.

Other Pikmin Captain Costumes for Olimar:
Abstain

Nominations:
Destiny (Awakening) x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Yeah, the score for this whole Mother 3 concept was already there for us....

We rated Lucas with a 69.25% chance, so the chances of no playable Lucas, but still having Mother 3 content is...
30.75%

There is almost no way there won't be a Lucas or Porky trophy, regardless of Lucas being playable. Just like if Ridley and King K. Rool aren't playable, there is still a 100% chance that there is a direct cameo/reference to them in the game in some form, be it stage boss or trophy.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Olimar costumes:

Like some have said, Lucina was planned as an alt so I think we could get an Alph alt for Olimar.

I love Pikmin. Olimar is one of my favorite characters in Smash. Nuff said.

Mother 3 content without Lucas:

Chance: Zero, zip, nada.

Mother 3 has lost its significance. The game is almost 10 years old and the only thing it has are fans begging for it to be localized.

I want Lucas back, but I fear he won't return just because of Mother 3 starting to fall into obscurity. I wouldn't mind if an assist trophy or a better stage from Mother 3 is in the game, but I really doubt it would happen.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Olimar Alt Costume: 10% I can see it. Maybe.
Want: 50% I don't care. I have never played a Pikmin game.

Mother 3 Content Without Lucas: 35% Pretty much the reverse of Lucas.
Want: 50% I really don't care if Lucas is in or not.

Krystal: 12%
Excitebiker: 17%

x5 Ditto Pokeball

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Olimar alts:
Chance - 50%. It's all up to Sakurai. I mean, look at the alts Mario, Link, WFT and Villager have.
Want - 10%. I can't think of many good alts for Olimar in particular.

Mother 3 representation without Lucas:
Chance: 50%. I kinda think Lucas may get the axe as playable since M3 wasn't released worldwide, whilst still having trophies and the like since other Japan-only things have had trophies in Melee and Brawl.
Want: 0% - that being said, I don't like cuts.

Predictions:
Krystal: 25%
Excitebiker: 8%

Nominations:
Fiora x 2
"Captain Falcon's theme" x 2
2nd Smash Direct x 1

Also, when the 3DS release date gets closer, do you think more things may be rated to clear the queue faster, and also prevent new nomimations (at least of playable characters)? Nominating new music/stages for the Wii U version would be ok I guess.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Olimar alts:
Chance: 1%
It is very clear to me we won't get a Louie or Charlie costume, Brittany is already deconfirmed as a trophy. Some of you claim that if Lucina was originally considered a Marth costume then, Olimar can have different character costumes, which is tecnically right, BUT something as a difference is height and weight could mean these characters if planned would turn out being OLIMAR CLONES and NOT COSTUMES. Even if the difference is almost nonexistant, most of the characters in question have different body atributes to Olimar and therefore being alt costumes is really unlikely. They stand a better chance as clones or getting represented as palletes for Olimar.

Just think about the hitboxes, that alone is enough, to discard them.

The (maybe) only exception is Alph (the guy with blue hair) since he has really similar characteristics with Olimar, but again they are so similar that a simple pallete would be enough. The others are simply way to different to be alts.

Ok I don't hate this idea, simply these characters are way to different from Olimar and if Lucina got clone treatment because of different hitboxes and different sword sweetspot, these guys as alts seems really unfitting.

There is always the chance they get "adapted" to Olimar's body type but thay would look plain creepy, and won't make these characters any justice.

Mother 3 content without Lucas.
What a strange concept, for this we work on the premise Lucas is cut, but his game is still represented. This is basically another more strange why to predict Lucas being cut or not.
SO
Mother 3 content with Lucas in: 75% very likely since 3ds alone has more trophies than Brawl semiclones are back so.
Chance: Mother 3 content without Lucas : 24% (this is my rating) really unlikely to happen but if Lucas is cut there is still a chance for the game to get represented.
No Mother 3 content at all: 1% I don't see this happening
For all of this I am not counting as Mother 3 content: Mr Saturn or Frankling Badge since I consider them Mother content otherwise this rating isn't even needed.

Want: 10%
Mmmmm since I don't like the idea of cutting Lucas then I can't like the idea of content without him. That said Lucas is of the remaining veterans the one I care less about, so if the unlikely happens and Lucas is cut. It would be cool to at least have a few trophies from his game.

Predictions
Krystal: 18.79%
Exibiker: 3.23%

Nominations
Unlockeable Taunts x 5

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Olimar's alts:
Chance: 35%
I could see an Alph alt or something.

Indifferent.

Mother 3 con- OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT PICTURE ON THE OP

Krystal: 10.57%

Excitebiker: 6.2%

Groose representation x5

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Olimar Alts: 20%
Mother 3 Content: 35% (If Lucas is playable, bump it to 50%)

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Costumes for Olimar
Chance: 3% - I don't think characters are getting costumes that mask them as different characters, the sole exception being Dark Pit for Pit since he already was just a recolor for Pit in Brawl before Uprising made him separate. Now, I know Lucina was meant to be a costume for Marth, but then she turned into a clone, so she isn't just a costume anymore.
Want: 0% - Ehh, I'd like to keep Olimar as Olimar. Besides, even aside Louie, the Pikmin 3 characters wouldn't necessarily match his hitboxes as costumes, especially Charlie.

Mother 3 Representation sans-Lucas
<If you just wanted us to rate the chance of Lucas being cut, you could've just said so. :p>
Chance: 21% - I don't think he would just cut Lucas just like that, especially when tht would leave Ness the only Mother/EarthBound character if no other newcomer takes his place.
Want: 0% - This goes even without my "don't cut characters ever" stance, Lucas shares the key moveset of my all-purpose main Ness, and I'd like the option of different stats without resorting to the custom specials.

Predictions:
Krystal (Star Fox) as a Playable Character: 28% Chance, 20% Want
Excitebiker (Excitebike) as a Playable Character: 10% Chance, 32% Want

Nominations:
Representation for Groose (Zelda) x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Olimar Alts
Chance: 20%
Only Alph is likely imo. Louie may be more recurring, but he's shaped differently, so I'm not too sure. An Alph alt I could see happening, but it doesn't have a 50%+ chance.
Want: 60%
I don't play Olimar much. But this would be cool.

Mother 3 Lucas blah:
Still the most recent Mother game, I could see a trophy or something, yea.
Not that Lucas will be gone anyways.
Want: abstain
Haven't played Mother 3, so all I really know about it is Lucas.

Pre:
Krystal: 21%
A boost for some reason
Excitebiker: 9%
I... don't know. Retros usually get a lot of hate, or at least they have in the past. Even Takamaru.

x6 Lana
x1 Cia
(9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom