• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Ice Climbers:
+Melee, Sakurai considered MANY retro characters... yet these guys ended up the ones chosen (...and G&W)
+Brawl (no revival? no problem! They were back and better than ever!)
+uniqueness
+Pit is no longer retro and it looks like we're not getting a retro newcomer, so would they seriously have planned to cut one?
+These "difficulties" go all the way back to Pre-E3, so they were trying to add them since then
+And they must have succeeded, because :rosalina:
+Gematsu Leak/Sneaky Spirit gives the possibility of a trio, the Chorus Kids
+Speaking of Smash Run, the Polar Bear is back
+/- Not hated (I mean, they're not extremely popular, but they aren't disliked either)

I only expect the 3 obvious cuts, the rest need to stay.
Chance: 99.99%
2nd most likely vet after Wario who has a 100% chance
Want: 100%
I just don't see why not.

More Miis:
Chance: 65%
I've heard this was hinted at the E3 show floor this year by some developers... I don't really know the story, but I don't hear anyone talking about this. So I am hesitant to believe it.
Anyways, it has it's own merits anyways. Which have already been mentioned.
The only thing that really stands out to mii is how there isn't a Mii Mage.
Brawler... Sword fighter... Gunner... Mage. These are the 4 types of characters I think of when I think of Smash types.
The miis could take moves from Zelda, Robin, Ness, and Lucas... and maybe Palutena?
This is why it may not have been announced yet.
If we saw it doing a move that resembled the mechanic of Fire Emblem's nosferatu, or some beloved Earthbound moves, that'd be a big spoiler, right?
Miis seem to be based off of other characters, and the only real mage when they were confirmed was Zelda.
Then again, we do see the Brawler using Captain Falcon-esque moves, maybe vets don't matter, but the Mii Mage might have a nosferatu-esque move. Yea, that could be it. And honestly, I see no rush to show it off. Just have them be in the game, Miis were already revealed. So it's not a big deal.
Want: 50%
On one side I hate how much development was sucked up by freaking Miis.
On the other side I love Mages.
But then again, we have others and I won't want to play as Miis
But also, I think it's happening so I won't say I don't want it...
I'm in the middle.

Pre:
Outset Toon Link: 71%
As what? The same kind if alt as ss link for link?
Mega Mewtwo y: 4%
As what? His own character?

X5 Cia

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
More Mii Fighter Classes Chance: 0%

If I recall correctly, these ratings are not supposed to take DLC into account. Without DLC, I really see no chance of having additional, unrevealed Mii classes already in the game. If there were more, they would have revealed them by now, and as it is, the trio we have is a pretty good balance.

That being said, I think additional classes are a likely DLC possibility.

More Mii Fighter Classes Want: 50%

On one hand, I'd dislike even more of the original development time of the game being devoted to additional Mii Fighter classes. On the other hand, I would love to see a Wizard Mii. At the very least, I'd be all for DLC classes.

Ice Climbers Chance: 99%

The Polar Bears are back, and characters like Rosalina and Luma show that being "complex" characters won't force a character to be excluded. Not to mention, the fact that the concept of a character like Rosalina and Luma was even considered, and successfully implemented, shows that technical limitations are probably not that big of an issue. I would be utterly shocked if the Ice Climbers did not return.

Ice Climbers Want: 100%

I don't like cuts in general, and the Ice Climbers are pretty popular Smash characters. It would be a shame for them to leave, especially when there is little reason to cut them at this point.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Yea, I'm too tired to go in depth. I'll just keep it extremely simple.

Ice Climbers
Chance and Want 100%
YES

More Mii Fighter classes
Chance 5% and Want 0%
**** NO
enough is enough.

Predictions
Mega Mewtwo Y (as a character) - 1.4%
Outset toon link - 34%

Nominations
x5 Use your own villager or robin

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ice Climbers: Chance: 100%

I really don't see them being cut.

More Mii Fighter Classes: Chance :0.4%

Want: 15%

I would only want a mage type.

Predictions:

Mega Mewtwo Y: 2.65%

Outset Toon Link:39.98%

Nominate Lana x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ice Climbers - 100%

Two-time veteran from Melee, plus the fact that we've seen the Polar Bear before. I don't see them going anywhere.

Want - 100%

I love them, I just don't love their chaingrabbing.

More Mii Classes - 1%

If there were any more Mii classes, I think they would've long been revealed by now.

Want - -100%

Eeyup. A negative 100. In other words a flat zero. A bit of rant incoming here:

The Miis were handled horribly IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love the Miis in their own games, and Mario games and such.The Miis are Nintendo characters, but also ones that themselves can be designed to look like just about anyone, be it yourself, friends or family, a fictional character, a historical figure, a current celebrity, etc. That's not want I want to see in a Nintendo Crossover fighter, especially one that is as unique as Smash Bros.....or rather....it's at least not enough for me to want them playable in it. I will however, be forever thankful that they cannot be used in Online With Anyone.

Still, at some point I did have a little interest in them. I did feel they had enough potential to be unique, but instead Sakurai and the other developers seemed to have either ignored or gave up on any opportunities to make the Miis really stand out from the rest of the cast as fighters, instead just giving them three separate batches of generic abilities and attributes, leaving the Miis with the just the same appeal that they have in any other game: Getting to play as oneself. Moveset-wise I don't see anything that they can do that just about any other character couldn't do far better.

Even with all this being said....I don't absolutely hate these Mii Fighters, but I don't like them either. If they could actually do something with any additional classes that could make the Miis better stand out as fighters among the rest of the cast, then I suppose I wouldn't mind them too much..... but I don't think that would be the case given the direction the others have went. So I'd really, really rather not see any more Mii Fighter classes at this point.

Outset Toon Link - 75.33%

Mega Mewtwo Y - 5.12%

Not entirely sure what to nominate at the moment. I'll edit this later.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
More Mii Fighter Classes
Chance:
-Main Roster: 0%
-As DLC: 20%

If there were more classes, wouldn't they have been announced during the reveal of the Mii Fighters? Wouldn't room have been left in the Mii Fighters' portrait? Wouldn't they show up on the icon for Multi-Man Smash? Everything we know points toward there only being the Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner in the main game. They could decide to make a fourth later to implement as DLC, but...seems we're stuck with the three we have until SSB5.

Want: 60%

Seems like I'm not the only one who would want to see a Mii Spellcaster class...

Ice Climbers
Chance:
-Main Roster: 60%
-As DLC: 25%

Okay, hear me out. Put down the torches and pitchforks. >_>

We know they had trouble implementing the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version at some point, right? Apparently Nana's AI was so complicated that any time there were multiple sets of ICs on the field it overtaxed the CPU and made the game lag? We know they were working on it...but how do we know they fixed it?

In fact, nothing we've seen so far outright confirms they fixed the problem. Rosalina wouldn't cause the same problems becuase Luma's AI is simpler than Nana's; it moves based on Rosalina's movement, attacks only when Rosalina does, and all around doesn't have Nana's level of autonomy. The Polar Bear's appearance in Smash Run doesn't outright confirm anything, either, since how do we know that an enemy in Smash Run = its franchise getting a playable character? Most of the enemies we've seen are from franchises that already had a playable character, and the Sneaky Spirit is still up in the air! As far as we know, they only added the Polar Bear in because it showed up in both Melee and Brawl, and the code was lying around or they wanted to keep it in for old time's sake. We don't know.

We also don't have much going against the Ice Climbers other than said programming issue. It's a judgement call at this point, but the Ice Climbers are anything but guaranteed at this point, especially considering they were starters in the last two games and have yet to show up a month before release.

Being a duo character is still a unique concept, they have minor ice powers no one else has...I'm not sure why I'm not more interested in them, but... /shrug

If they come back, though, then for the love of God get rid of their chaingrab.

Predictions
Outset Toon Link Alternate Costume: 39.5%
Mega Mewtwo Y: 1.85%

Nominations
Krystal Rerate x5

Last edited:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
We know they had trouble implementing the Ice Climbers in the 3DS version at some point, right? Apparently Nana's AI was so complicated that any time there were multiple sets of ICs on the field it overtaxed the CPU and made the game lag? We know they were working on it...but how do we know they fixed it?
Do you have a link to where Sakurai stated this? I've certainly don't remember him going in to that much detail about problems with Nana's AI, I actually don't remember him mentioning any problems with the IC's at all.

Ice Climbers
Chance: 99%

Everyone else has gone over this pretty well.

More Mii's
Chance: 5%
Want: 0%

Possible I guess but I really hope not, I mean come on they're already in and they take up 3 movesets, haven't we suffered enough?

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers chances: 99,8 % and want: 100 %
I removed 0,2 % from the 100 % because there is the possibility that Ice Climbers where cut for the same reasons Mewtwo was in Brawl, but it's highly unlikely IMO. We have polar bears in Smash Run, overall it's pretty safe to say that Ice Climbers will return in SSB4 as playable characters.

More Mii fighter classes chances: 9 % and want: 2 %
An unlikely surprise from Sakurai, who knows, but I'd prefer to see effort put into actual characters instead of generic fighters I don't even want to count on the roster, not because I hate them but because they're meant to be... generic customisable fighters. They don't even have fix appearance or physics - height, speed, power, etc. - and cannot be used online against anyone, I actually count them as bonus characters like they are in Mario Kart Wii, not as actual parts of the roster. I count them as bonus characters much more than Lucina for sure :grin:

Predictions:
Outset Took Link alternate costume: 52.81 %
Mega Mewtwo Y: 2.93 %

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Magikarp x5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
More Mii Classes: 0%
It makes no sense for them to hold off any information about Miis, given how much we know about them, and the way they have been presented.

No... Please, I don't want more effort going into movesets that can't be used online with anymore. ;_;

Ice Climber: Chance and Want: 100%

They're in the game.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!:0.5%

I don't see why it wouldn't have been shown... or why we didn't get a wizard already... But hey, DLC maybe...

I would love to have a wizard, or a soldier (steal that Snake moveseat)... But it wouldn't be as exciting as an actual character and I think there's enough Mii as is...

Ice Climbers: 99%
They're in, I'm certain.
Want:100%
I want them to get a journey or Way like reboot, so.ofcourse I want them back!

Outset Toon: 45%
most likely alt

Y?: 1.2%
FinaL Smash

Dragon Quest*5

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Mii Fighters New Moveset:
Chance: Low. I don't like using percentages. Too ugly... ANYWAYS. After seeing the multi-man melee and no sign of more mii fighters, I am highly doubting their chance.
Want: Absolute - Mii Wizard or like Cheezey Bites said. Mii Soldier. That would be so sweet.

Ice Climbers
Chance: High - Sakurai adores them, the bear at Smash Run, there is so much.
Want: Absolute - It's the Ice Climbers. They're frigging adorable. Just make it that Nana can't grab...

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
:popo:: Chance: 99.99%
They SHOULD return I don't see why not we already have the Polar Bear.
Unless there's that 0.01% that they get cut due to overwhelming the game

More Mii: Chance 40% ehhhh

Mage class?

Predictions:
Outset Toon Link:
60%
looks good

Mewtwo
15%
eh

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yce Climbers:
Chance: 90%
Maybe they're not included for the trouble it might cause on the 3DS, but otherwise they're returning.
They're so cute.

More Miitwo's:
Chance: 0%
Deconfirmed.
Not on the portrait

Want: I like them, but more as a mode than a character, so I feel like I can't "main" them, mainly because they can't be (ab)used online.
The mode now itself is good and aside from mage, I don't know any classes that would make it so much better.
0%

Predictions for the best RTC day ever:
Outset Toon Link: 33.33%
Mega Mewtwo YES!: 16.3%

Nominations: Excitebiker x5

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers chance - 99%
There's no question about it in my mind. The polar bear and they're surviving Melee vets repping their own series. The 1% is because they haven't been confirmed yet.

Want - 100%
I really like them and would be very disappointed if they were cut.

More Mii classes chance - 5%
Extremely doubtful in my mind that there would be hidden extras. Makes no sense.

Want - 20%
I can't say I would mind, but three is enough.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers
Chance: 75%
Want: 75%
More Mii Classes
Want: 25%

Predictions

Mega Mewtwo Y: 25%
Outset Toon Link: 75%

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Additional Mii Fighter Classes

Chance: 35%
Sadly, it's a real possibility. This is the kind of ill-advised move I can see happening. Maybe it's the pessimist in me speaking.

I don't want a generic class, I want a good character. Simple as.

Ice Climbers

Chance: 80%

They're unique and loved. Only question left is how expendable Sakurai feels they are. 3DS owners, I give you porting without anesthetic. The entire idea of matching rosters is an asinine philosophy to me, and you'll see why shortly. If the Ice Climbers are to be cut, the only reason I can fathom is that they created challenges the development team was hard pressed to find a solution to, and that they will also be inexplicably omitted from the Wii U as a consequence - a console which is obviously able to handle the technical demands of the climbers and then some.

It would be a tragedy for these characters to get the axe as I feel they're among the least deserving of Brawl's veterans to be met with such a terrible fate. :younglinkmelee:

Their absence might be the price of a handheld Smash Bros. C'est la vie.

D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers
Chance: 100%
No explanation needed.
More Mii Fighter Classes:
Because Sakurai is going to give us more of the same generic movesets that can't be used online, ruining the fun a lot of the fanbase would have with an already somewhat controversial character, adding in 2 reveals for 1 character, hide the official artwork along with hiding what is the most important aspect of arguably the most important character. Right :rolleyes:

Predictions:
Mega Mewtwo Y: 0% I found out its for a standalone
Outset Toon Link: 80%

Nominations: x5 Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight Costumes

Last edited by a moderator:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
More Mii Classes : 0% If there was more , we should have been told already
Want: 50% Mii Propsmaster plus
Ice Climbers: 95% The only thing going against them is a leak and the technical difficulties that I'm pretty sure they got over.
Want:100%
Abstain on predictions
Nintendo Land Stage x5

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
Ice Climbers... 95% at least, I'd say.
I like the Ice Climbers, and they should be back, I just never really play as them.

More Miis: Not giving it more than 15% chance, even including DLC. Without DLC, maybe 5%?
Want: About 45% I guess.
If it would indeed be the fabled Mage Miis, that doesn't sound too bad, and I'd probably want to use custom Mage characters, but the development time it takes up makes me think it would be better spent on other new stuff.

Nominating:
Nonplayable Character to Playable Via DLC x2
Dragon Quest Representation x3
...Yeah, those seem interesting...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
More Mii Classes: abstain

Ice Climbers:
Chance: 100% - I sincerely doubt a character who's been in at least two Smash installments will suddenly be cut.
Want: 100% - I certainly don't dislike them and would not want them to be cut.

Nominations:
Smash Direct x 3
"Captain Falcon's theme" x 1
Fiora x 1

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Moar Miis
Chance (Main Roster): 1%
Chance (DLC): 50%

I highly doubt that they'd reveal more miis for the game, they revealed 3 of them together, so why hold out on the other ones. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's obvious Miis are unpopular, so revealing them multiple times would only piss off people even more. However for DLC, I think there is a very likely chance that there will be more Mii classes. I could easily some sort of character pack that includes a dropped veteran, a newcomer, and a mii class.

Want: 75%

Miis get way too much hype imo. They allow you to play as that character you requested, even if their chances were zero. People begging for a spear user, spear mii, people begging for a mage, wizard mii. It definitely sucks that they can't be used online, because it makes them feel like half a character, but I still think they serve an awesome purpose of allowing anyone to join smash, and I'd be all for more versions of them

Ice Climbers
Chance: 95%
I want to give it a 100%, but there's always that chance. That being said they are still very likely. I very much believe that any character that has appeared in at least two smash bros games is considered "safe" and Ice Climbers is one of them. The fact that the Polar Bear appears in Smash Run is pretty much a confirmation in itself. I feel like they wouldn't want to reference such a popular character if they ended up dropping them. The only thing that holds them back is 3DS limitations, but I think they can be handled. Even if they achieve 60fps for them, they could make them each 30fps and alternate frames, like they did in Mario Kart 8.

One of my favorite characters in Smash, they are incredibly unique and it'd be an utter shame to lose them. People who say that Rosaluma fills their niche are utterly wrong. I haven't even played the game and it's obvious that they work very differently

Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costumes x4
Balance Patches x1

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ice Climbers
There's really no legitimate reason to believe that the Ice Climbers will get cut.

More Mii Fighter classes?
I think the three classes are just fine, and Sakurai's told us everything about them.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated, but I won both predictions so only check if you haven't seen yesterday's results yet.

Ice Climbers' chances: 99% - They were planned for inclusion, no doubt about it. The Polar Bear and them already being mentioned makes them obvious. Now, did the 3DS issues force them to drop them? I strongly doubt it, but I can't dismiss the possibility, hence the missing 1%.
Want: 100% - The only veterans I like playing as more than the Ice Climbers are Falco and Marth. Their removal would make me a very unhappy man.

More Mii Fighters: 1% - I don't think they'd hold out on these.
Want: 0% - I don't even like the ones we have already.

Mega Mewtwo Y Prediction: 8.29%
Outset Toon Link prediction: 36.58%

Shulk AT x15

D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers
Chance:
60%

The Polar Bears are in Smash Run, but I can see them get cut due to limitations.
Oh-ho boy! Let me tell you something, I absolutely despise the Ice Climbers. I've hated these two since Melee!
When I first saw them in Melee, I hated them immediately. I hated their design, their voices, and their gimmick. As such, their presence annoyed me.
My hatred for me grew even more during Brawl because of their stupid chain grab. Say what you want about how broken Meta Knight is; I find the Ice Climbers to be worse than him because of their chain grab. I mean... it's just evil. I also played their game and I absolutely hate it for what it is.
So, when I heard that Sakurai and his team were having some problems, it gave me hope. False hope perhaps, but still hope that these two would get cut.
And yeah... that's my story. I hate the Ice Climbers with a passion.
MONADO! FLAME SHIELD ME!

More Mii Classes
Chance:
1%

Only if they are keeping well-kept secrets from us. The Multi-Man image tells me that three classes is all we are going to get.
Want: -100%
And good riddance because I would hate to have another slot wasted thanks to them.

Outset Island Link Prediction: 35.53%
It could happen.
Mega Mewtwo Y Prediction: 2.04%
But this will only happen as a Final Smash for Mewtwo.

Nominations: Dr. Mario Alt. Costume 5x

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ice Climbers Chance: 50%
Hear me out, I really used to think Ice Climbers were a shoo-in. Sure, they have all the merits to come back, they are Smash veterans, and the Polar Bear is in Smash Run too, there's still a big wall that can hinder their inclusion in the roster, technical difficulties and 3DS limitations. Since I'm not much a technical guy here, I'll just quote an important part made by @ Delzethin Delzethin :
In fact, nothing we've seen so far outright confirms they fixed the problem. Rosalina wouldn't cause the same problems because Luma's AI is simpler than Nana's; it moves based on Rosalina's movement, attacks only when Rosalina does, and all around doesn't have Nana's level of autonomy.
And for all we know, Polar Bears could be there because Sakurai did want the Ice Climber representation and them back in the game, but (hypothetically) in the middle of development while they were being worked on, they could have decided to cut Popo and Nana due to the technical problems, they would have probably been planned in a future patch later. You can't use the Polar Bear as a supporting argument nor the franchise demoted argument when there's still the technical problem they have (Which I think would be more important than all the supporting arguments for Ice Climbers in terms of the development process).

And even though they could hypothetically give the Ice Climbers the solo Popo treatment, it completely gets rid of a unique concept and defeats the purpose as to why they were added in Melee in the first place, it's something I doubt Sakurai would plan to do.

The Ice Climbers overall don't have much of against other than limitations. I now think it can go either way, no matter how much I want them back. Like Delzethin said, the reality is that they are really anything but guarenteed at this point and the people who rate them at a shoo-in rating don't know of or how technical process works.

Nominations:
x5 Dr. Mario

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh-ho boy! Let me tell you something, I absolutely despise the Ice Climbers. I've hated these two since Melee!
When I first saw them in Melee, I hated them immediately. I hated their design, their voices, and their gimmick. As such, their presence annoyed me.
My hatred for me grew even more during Brawl because of their stupid chain grab. Say what you want about how broken Meta Knight is; I find the Ice Climbers to be worse than him because of their chain grab. I mean... it's just evil. I also played their game and I absolutely hate it for what it is.
So, when I heard that Sakurai and his team were having some problems, it gave me hope. False hope perhaps, but still hope that these two would get cut.
And yeah... that's my story. I hate the Ice Climbers with a passion.
Salty, aren't you?
------------
Ice Climbers;
Chance - 0% or 100%
Yes, I just put 2 ratings. Why? There's a sad chance we might just get Ice Climber instead of Ice Climbers. I know that Rosalina & Luma exist, but Luma's AI is outta whack whenever he gets 5 feet away from Rosalina, randomly jumping, attacking (Yes, I know the attacking is intentional) and even walking in circles for no good reason.
Now take into account of Nana, who's supposed to be 1:1 with Popo. If the two are seperated, Nana's probably just gonna have Luma's crazy AI and take 20 seconds just to find where Popo is. Add that with the 3DS' oh-so-delicate Limitations and we might just get Popo on his own with Nana as an Alt. But I'm hoping this doesn't happen and we get the team.

Want - 100%
I love these guys. Unlike Mr. Salty Spatoon up there, these two are just downright adorable.
I do get flustered with the Chain-Grab every now-and-again when facing them, but they're so fun to play as and a pretty fun challenge when you purposely ditch the partner and see how long you can fight solo.

More Mii Classes;
Chance + Want - 0%
We don't need them. 3 is fine, plus the Multi Mii-n Smash tells us 3 is basically all we're gonna get.

More Predictions;
Lucas (Veteran) 80.5%
Birdo (Assist Trophy) 50%

More Nominations;
One More SSB4 Direct before release x3
Ridley (Playable) x2

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Quick run...

Ice Climbers
Chance: 80%
-Polar Bear in Smash Run
-Rosalina/Luma proves duo characters are possible
-Retro character in a game where there's probably a lack of them

However, RosaLuma seems to have simpler AI than the Icies and the problem with the Icies comes from the fact that on a busy stage, having 8 A.I. plus the stage hazards and animations may cause the framerate to tank.

Want: 80%

More Mii's
Chance: 2%
-There may be Mii Mage, but the Multi-Man logo hints that there's only those three left.
Want: 40%
I can do without it.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Ice Climbers
Chance: 45%
Want: 10%
Unless the chain grab is removed, I really don't want to see them back. They always annoyed me and they've always had too much of an influence on the meta. Sakurai is trying to make Sm4sh balanced. Removing these guys would be a step in the right direction imo.

More Miis....?
Chance: .50%
No thanks. 3 is perfectly fine.

Edit: Mewtwo Y as Final Smash

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ice Climbers
Chance: 85%
That's of returning as they were previously. I'm not ruling out "Ice Climber" just yet with a solo Popo or Nana if the technical issues are too much. Still think we're going to get an Ice Climber at the very least though.

I don't hate the Ice Climbers, but they've always struck me as a character set I wouldn't miss if they were gone. Probably the characters I'm the most neutral on aside from R.O.B. As a result also the characters who see the least playtime as they are the most forgotten by me.

Mii Classes
Chance: 5%
Magic Miis maybe? Although this could easily be a sub class of the Gunner Mii just firing elemental attacks instead of bullets.

Another 50%? I'm incredibly indecisive at the moment. If it's not a lot of work, sure. May help recreate characters who missed out on Smash 4 yet again who specialise in magic.

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
More Mii Classes:

Chances: 1%

I base this on two reasons. One, I feel like it is too late in the game to show off another Mii Class. We're too close to release, and it would have made more sense for them to do it at E3 with the rest of them. But my second (and more important reason) is the menu screen for Multi Man Smash, which depicts the three classes of Mii Fighter wearing their Multi Man uniforms. It would seem odd if there was a fourth Mii Class that wasn't beside the other three in the menu. That's why I'm pretty sure we've seen all the Mii Fighters we are getting.

Sort of indifferent to the whole idea really.

Ice Climbers:

Chances: 99%

If there were ever actually any technical issues surrounding the Ice Climbers, I think Rosalina proves that they are not an issue. Plus, we've already seen the Polar Bear enemy in Smash Run. Now, I know that having an enemy in Smash Run doesn't necessarily guarantee a new playable character (Rhythm Heaven), but it would seem odd if the Polar Bear enemy was in Smash Run, but not bring back the Ice Climbers as a returning playable character.

I personally believe that other than Squirtle, Ivysaur, and potentially Snake, we will not see any cuts from Brawl, and I will stick to that belief until I am given a reason to believe otherwise.

I don't want cuts if we don't have to. Plain and simple.

5 more for Sonic 3DS Stage (Not Green Hill Zone)

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
ICs
Chance: 85%
I like their character, I just want that chain grab to be removed >_>

More Miis
Chance: 10%
If there were more then they should have been revealed with the 3, there's no reason to save them for later unless it's dlc.
Want: 5%
I don't think they should devote so much development time on 48 different special moves on a character that can't even be used online, but Mii Mage would be kinda cool I guess.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ice Climbers
Ice Climber Chance: 80%

And Sakurai specifically said he was developing them and had some trouble, which confirms they were AT LEAST being worked on.
Nuff said.

Ice Climbers Want: 100%
I want all Brawl Veterans to return. And especially these guys, since they were in since Melee. Sakurai chose these guys over all the countless retro characters he had in Melee, so obviously, they are something special.

More Mii Classes
More Mii Classes Chance: 0.1%
The Brawler, Gunner, and Swordfighter all share one page on the site, and their own 19 screenshots. Sakurai can't add another class there.
We also have the main types of fighters in the three we have. A Physical Fighter, a Close-Ranged Weapons Fighter, and a Projectile Fighter. What other fighting style is there? The Miis can't have a completely new fighting style (like Summoner, for example), because they are supposed to be like other fighters, and you choose how they work.
This is one curveball that Sakurai wouldn't throw at us.

More Mii Class's Want: 0%
As I said above, we already have the main types of fighters. Having another would be redundant and unnecessary.

Predictions
Outset Toon Link Costume: 80%
Sakurai gave Link his starting clothes from Skyward Sword, so why wouldn't he give Toon Link his?

Mega Mewtwo Y: 2%
Mewtwo would obviously be represented primarily by his normal form. That's how he was a veteran in Melee, and that's how he will stay.
And if Lucario is his normal form, so will Mewtwo.

Nominations
@ Groose Groose Representation X2
Pig Ganon X3

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ice Climbers:
Chance & Want: 100%.

Why are we rating them?

Additional Mii Fighter Classes:
Chance: 2%.

Want: 0%.

---- Nominations:

- Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf x2
- Jill Valentine x3

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In fact, nothing we've seen so far outright confirms they fixed the problem. Rosalina wouldn't cause the same problems becuase Luma's AI is simpler than Nana's; it moves based on Rosalina's movement, attacks only when Rosalina does, and all around doesn't have Nana's level of autonomy.
I can see what you're trying to say here, but this part confuses me somewhat. Doesn't Nana pretty much copy Popo exactly 90% of the time? The only time Nana acts individually is when the two are separated and she tries to return to Popo. Aside from that, Nana's movements are based on Popo's movements and attacks when Popo does. The Luma actually wanders around on it's own a bit; it will attack when Rosalina does and will come back to her if she tells it to, but a lot of the time it just does its own thing.

I may not have a perfect grasp of the situation, but the Luma seems fairly autonomous in its own right.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
More Mii Classes:
Chance: 0% - Sakurai isn't that dumb. Right?
Want: 0% - One Mii was too many to begin with.

Ice Climbers:
Chance: 99.9%

No cuts, no butts, no coconuts.

Predictions:
Outset Toon Link: 58%
Mega Mewtwo Y : 20% - Since some people thing Mewtwo won't be in at all.

Nominations:
Idolm@ster Character x 5
Micaiah AT x 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom