• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bayonetta:
Chance: 5%. I think this one could go either way, with Nintendo publishing Bayo 2 and even Kamiya hinting at supporting Bayo in Smash. It's all really up to whether Sakurai thinks she could be a good fit or not, but 3rd party status is what really kills her.

Want: 60%. The only thing that prevents me from wanting her too much is the fact they'll have to tone her moves down a lot given the sexual nature of her fighting style and still fit an E10+ rating (which is confirmed for Smash 3DS). If Sakurai can figure something out, by all means add her in.
Inkling:
Chance: 5%. Splatoon comes out after Smash and we have no idea if Sakurai is even aware of the game. Only real possibility is if Nintendo told Sakurai early about the game and asked him to put Inkling as a promotional character. There's precedent to this because of Roy in Melee, but this isn't the exact same situation as Inkling wouldn't be anyone's clone.

Want: 100%. I would be the happiest person on the planet if Inkling is confirmed. Potential for an AMAZING moveset, great character design, and coming from Nintendo's next big IP, it looks like the character was made to be in Smash.
Wait Kamiya hinted at that? Could I get some info on this?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Wait Kamiya hinted at that? Could I get some info on this?
I think there was a Twitter comment on him responding to someone wanting Bayonetta in Smash with "Maybe" or something. But considering Kamiya LOVES to troll on Twitter I definitely wouldn't look much into it.

At the very least, I don't think he's against the idea, but in the end, it's not up to him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think there was a Twitter comment on him responding to someone wanting Bayonetta in Smash with "Maybe" or something. But considering Kamiya LOVES to troll on Twitter I definitely wouldn't look much into it.

At the very least, I don't think he's against the idea, but in the end, it's not up to him.
I thought Kojima did that with Snake

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
First of all... Inkling and Bayonetta...

Bayonetta chances: 0.1%
She doesn't fit with her boobages flying everywhere, she's not Nintendo-worthy, she's not in the same realm as Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man.

Bayonetta want: 0%
Not into it.

Inkling chances: 0%
Inkling want: 30%
Not that into it, but the game looks cool and will likely be worthy when they come out... better to wait for next time though.

Predictions:
Metal Face boss - 38%
Rundas - 1%

Nominations:
Ice Climbers x5

I have been summoned!
Bayonetta

Chance: 65%

Her rating may seem a bit low
[...]
Inkling

Chance: 45%

I don't think they have a good chance to be honest
...What?

*sees that everyone has already gotten on this*
There is nothing wrong with speculation and different opinions the problem here is everyone is using the same system to analize evidence we individually see or don't see. In this scenario @ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon is using a different method despite being a personal preference
It's more like he's giving a different number altogether. He's giving a "grade" instead of a likelihood.
Nothing wrong with personal opinion. You like getting "accurate scores" according to your opinion and I like giving mine.
It's not an opinion what percentages mean.

45% is almost a coin flip. If I'm flipping a fair coin and say "I don't think I have a good chance of winning this coin flip to be honest"... The normal reaction should be "Do you know how coin flips work?" Because there is a very good chance of winning a coin flip. It is not personal opinion to say that.

If you think the Inklings don't have a good chance, then objectively, 45% is the wrong rating according to your opinion. "They don't have a good chance" is an opinion... the meaning of 45% is not an opinion. I'm not criticizing your opinion of the Inklings, just how you translated that into a number. You even quoted Groose's scale from the beginning:
100% chance--confirmed or an absolute certainty
75% chance---very likely, but a solid chance of it not happening
50% chance--it has a great shot and it could go either way.
25% chance--a very solid shot, but probably not happening.
0% chance---deconfirmed or not a chance.
Where does "not a good chance" fit on that scale? 50% is "a great shot". It sounds more like below 25% since you think it's "probably not happening" but it has some chance, not to the level of a "solid shot", right?

65% means that about 2 out of 3 times, it happens. It's like you're rolling a 6 sided die, and you have to get at least a 3. You can get 3, 4, 5, or 6 to win. That's not "low".

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
How I rate it:

100% - If the game has one more character, it's this guy.
50% - If the game has two more characters, this one is guaranteed as one of them.
25% - If four more characters make it in, this character will be in the game.
12.5% - Eight characters, etcetera.
0% - No chance.

So, on to my scores for these guys.

Bayonetta
Chances: 15% - I think Bayonetta's chances are bolstered by the fact that she could be a clone of Zero Suit Samus, especially with her new heels. The game is a Wii U exclusive, and one Nintendo is going to be pushing to help Wii U sales. I can see it, but there are definitely a few characters who will make it in before her.
Want: 20% - I could see her working fairly well in the game, especially with the similarity to ZSS.

Inkling
Chances: 0% - I just don't think Splatoon was far enough into development in order to have a solid design and move list by the time the roster was developed.
Want: 10% - Would be a solid and very fun addition, but too many characters I want in ahead of them.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated.

Sorry for the lateness, I was far too tired last night and I haven't been able to do it today until just now.

Bayonetta: Double Zeroes - I don't think there will be another third party, if there is I think it will be something that doesn't already have a character, and if Sega did get a second character I think we'd just get a second Sonic character. Also she doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Inkling: Double Zeroes - Too early for the franchise to get representation. I intend to buy Splatoon but I really don't like the idea of representing games in Smash before they're even released.

Metal Face Boss prediction: 26.21%
Rundas prediction: 0.82%

Sami x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Inkling:

Chance: .07%
Too very recent.

Want: 80%
Would be really cool.

Bayonetta:

Chance: 3%
Unlikely, but possibly possible.

Want: 50%
Indifferent.

Predictions:

Metal Face Boss: 40.4%
Rundas: 0.66%

Nominations: Pokemon Center Delivery Pikachu Costume x5

(Could anyone help me out on this idea?)

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
This is mainly used to describe why I put them where they are and how I associate them.

The grading system is mainly for my personal preference.

I did not state I used this method in real life, but how I further explain things, you are looking too deep into this.

What I stated is what I meant. This may not be accurate to others, but it is what stands to be truthful in my own words.
It really doesn't matter what system you use for want, as that is a highly subjective score. For example, I think @jaytalks uses a 0% to represent indifference to a topic while a lot of people use 50%. I'm not going to criticize anything you put for that score.

However, chance scores are a little bit different. Pretty much everyone uses the same system, and that helps keep us all on the same page. The main guideline to follow is that a 50% means something could really go either way; stating that Bayonetta most likely won't happen and giving her a score over a 50% is a bit of a contradiction. I'd really appreciate it if you could move towards a more standardized percentage system for your chance ratings; for example, the description for your Bayonetta score would suggest a score somewhere between 10-30% and your Inkling score would be a little bit lower.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Bayonetta:
Chance - 1% Only because of the upcoming title and even then I don't think she'll get any representtion
Want: 0% - Keep this M-rated nightmare out of Smash.

Inkling:
Chance: 2% - Technically does not exist to the public.
Want: 15% - AFTER MANY OTHERS.

Abstaining from Predictions.

Warrior of Light x5

Groose

Smash Champion
-Nominations: Bandana Dee X5
Yeah, I just said that, the game will be released soon.
What do you think @ Groose Groose ? If you don't like this idea, I will change my nominations.
I have no problems with talking about Bandana Dee. However, I want to make a deal with you for the day we rate him. Whenever I see a non-supporter throw out a barb about him being extremely overrated and irrelevant, I will stop them and remind them to be courteous. Whenever you see a supporter throw out some comment about people being idiots for not thinking he's one of the biggest characters left, you pitch in and remind them to be more respectful. If we can get something like this going, I have no problem rating him again.

@ Groose Groose , I noticed that Four Fire Emblem Characters has x5. I think that can safely be removed from the list since it DID happen... Or are nominations just not removed?
At one point I reverted back to an earlier point of the nominations list, and lost the fact that I had edited some nominations out. This may be the source of the problem; anyway, I'm correcting it now.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It really doesn't matter what system you use for want, as that is a highly subjective score. For example, I think @jaytalks uses a 0% to represent indifference to a topic while a lot of people use 50%. I'm not going to criticize anything you put for that score.

However, chance scores are a little bit different. Pretty much everyone uses the same system, and that helps keep us all on the same page. The main guideline to follow is that a 50% means something could really go either way; stating that Bayonetta most likely won't happen and giving her a score over a 50% is a bit of a contradiction. I'd really appreciate it if you could move towards a more standardized percentage system for your chance ratings; for example, the description for your Bayonetta score would suggest a score somewhere between 10-30% and your Inkling score would be a little bit lower.
Thank you for explaining how you want things done. I may not have worded things that great in my Bayonetta Chance %, but it is more along the lines of how I would accurately, in my own sense, give her chances. For example:

Bayonetta's sequel is solely going to be on Nintendo Platforms; Add 30%.

Nintendo paid for the remake of Bayonetta to be on Wii U, so they may do some marketing; Add 35%.

There may not be enough time or room for another Third Party character; Subtract 35%.

Your regulations of doing things makes sense Groose, I think it is the wording that I use.

Groose

Smash Champion
:kirby:We've reached 200 pages! Thanks again everyone for supporting this thread so that it could get to this point!:kirby:
We're actually at over 500 pages, pal. This is the third thread we've had for this game. The first was run by Super Smash Bros. Fan (now known by some username I have trouble typing), the second was when I had pretty much everything in a single post, and this is the third.

What I find cooler is that we're approaching the 300 Day mark. Considering I used to consider going over 200 days in (and therefore breaking what believed was the record for the longest RTC game) a pipe dream, I'm so happy that we're going to break THREE HUNDRED.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Bayonetta: 0%

Want:0%

Never played the game and I have no interest in it.

Inkling: 0% I doubt this game started development around when the roster was finalized.

Want:25% I don't much about them even when I watched the direct.

Predictions:

Rundas: 1.89%

Metal Face Boss: 33.43%

Nominations:

Dr. Mario Costume x2

Tales Series representation x3

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Inkling - 1%
This is a very situational rating where Sakurai knew of Splatoon early enough in its own development to want to include it and there's actually enough space on the roster for Inklings to be included. Suffice to say, that feels extremely unlikely, but without knowing the inner workings of Nintendo and how much Sakurai knows of what's going on in other studios, I don't want to say it's impossible. Feels like a fine candidate for a future Smash or even DLC should the game see sufficient success, at any rate.
Want - 50% - I think they'd be fine, but I can't say I have a strong opinion on a character(s) from a game announced less than two months ago and that I've never had a chance to actually play.

Bayonetta - 0%
One theory posited by a friend is that Bayonetta was in fact in development at one point, but that she was scrapped early on and was used as inspiration for ZSS's rocket boots. I'm not sure I agree with that, but in terms of whether Bayonetta could be in Smash, I certainly have difficulty seeing it get past the idea phase. Not that she couldn't make for a good Smash character, mind, but rather that she doesn't seem like she should actually be on the roster. She's simply not famous enough compared to other third parties that are/have been in Smash, and the whole M-rated thing is a major obstacle that I doubt she'd have as little trouble with as Snake did. Even if she came up in roster brainstorming, I doubt she'd get approved to actually be in the game.
Want - 50% - Meh? I liked the original, but I'm not really a fan of her being in Smash.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Inkling Chance: 0.5% Way too late to even considering having representation for the game. The concept for the Inkling is cool, but really, they can't avoid the fact they just became a new Nintendo IP to be considered a Nintendo All-Star. The same can be said for for the Project Steam character. If they become a big hit series, Sakurai might consider them for next game, but we will have to see what the future beholds.

Bayonetta Chance: 10% While Bayonetta doesn't have much going for her as her relationship with Nintendo started. She does have one thing, the Sakurai visiting Platinum Games via Twitter, but that's all that's pretty much one of the only benefits helping her chances right now. She has tons of uniqueness and relatively good popularity as a character and for the franchise too, but she's still a third party, and overall hinders her chances down 90%.

Nominations:
x5 Mother 3 Content Without Lucas

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Inkling
Chance: 0%
Want: 5%
They don't have much to go for and the project was apparently secretive so I doubt Sakurai would know about it.

Bayoneta
Want: 25%
The problem with Bayoneta is the intense amount of censorship to her character they would have to do. It would actually ruin the character. Everything she does is made of hair and she is also a third party with a single game. As an assist trophy or normal trophy, I can see her being in. But aside from that... Yeeeahno.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Inkling
Chance: 0% To new of a Character!

Want: 1% Other than Zelda and Yoshi (and Smash of course) Nintendo E3 showing this year hasn't impressed me I've read one article on Splatoon just wasn't impressed.

Bayonetta
Chance: 5% SEGA owns the IP we already have a Certain Blue Hedgehog from that company. Nintendo got the rights to Bayonetta 2 so that's there game so SEGA just can't up and port the game to other consoles think of it like MGS: The Twin Snake's that's Nintendo's game and Konami just can't port it to other console's. However I do see a Bayonetta Trophy being in the Game.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta- 0%
Want- 0%

Inkling- 0%
Want- 10%
Maybe for the next generation of Smash.

Metal Face Boss- 19%
Rundas- 0.54%

Theater Stage x5

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
bayonetta:
chance:1% if she was in, should would have been shown at E3
want: 75%

Inkling;
Chance:0% they just were announced.
want: 75%

Villains trailer x3
non-playable character becoming playable via DLC. x2

Jrodt333

Smash Rookie
Inkling
Chance: 1%
Way too new to be in unless they make it an advertisement like Roy.
Want: 50%
I'm not super interested in Splatoon yet, but there could probably be some interesting moves for the Inkling so I'm pretty neutral.
Bayonetta
Smash Bros for Wii U is rated E for Mild Fantasy Violence (You can see this at the start of the videos of Smash U at Comic Con on Nintendo's YouTube channel). So she has absolutely no chance whatsoever.
Want: 0%
I hate pretty much all the "suggestive themes" type of characters so I hope Bayonetta stays as far away from Smash Bros as possible.

Groose

Smash Champion
Oh, boy. It's time for my two most hated newcomer suggestions. Quite funny that they got paired together in the same day, huh? Well, I'm spreading the salt and getting Cranky for this one! I usually try to remain pretty positive about everything, so forgive me for venting this once.

Inkling: 0.01% chance and 0% want

Splatoon probably didn't go into development until right around when the roster was supposedly finalized, so it seems very unlikely that Sakurai would have included characters from the game in Smash. After all, there probably wasn't a guarantee that Splatoon would become one of Nintendo's major titles; heck, there was probably no guarantee that the game would ever be launched in something similar to its current form. I'm not ruling it out entirely because perhaps Splatoon has been in development for an absurdly long time or there was some inside connection that I can't know about, but I just highly doubt an Inkling was even considered.

Now, let me get this out of the way--I'm really liking what has been shown of Splatoon. It looks like a fun and whimsical game that fits nicely into Nintendo's line of games, and it's looking like a definite by for me when I get a Wii U. I'll also throw this out there--I will probably support an Inkling for Smash 5, especially if the game turns out to be as fun as I think it will be.

That said, I have no desire to see an Inkling in Smash 4, and I actually strongly dislike the idea. You see, if an Inkling is indeed in this iteration of Smash, that means that the development team decided to randomly include a character that the public hadn't even seen yet from a franchise the public hadn't even seen yet in the hopes that it would work out. In other words, they decided to gamble on something that could turn out very unpopular instead of listening to fan requests for the sake of promotion. Ugh.

I suppose you could say that they did the same for Greninja, but I personally feel that situation is a bit different; Pokemon is a popular franchise and there's a lot of precedent in terms of Pokemon popularity. There was little doubt that Greninja would become popular after looking at its design, while Splatoon is something that was far more of a gamble. Additionally, Greninja's game was scheduled to launch months before Smash, while the Inklings' wasn't supposed to launch until long after, which also highlights the difference.

Eh. I'm finding it a bit difficult to clarify the cause of my dislike because of how tired I am, so I'll just proceed. I just don't like the idea on a matter of principle. Nothing against the Inklings themselves, but more the implications that their inclusion would have on the importance of marketing in this game.

Bayonetta: 10% chance and 0% want
Bayonetta's game, however, has been in the works a lot longer than Splatoon, and I'm sure that it was possible for them to plan her inclusion. There are some licensing issues here, but if they overcame them for the upcoming Bayonetta game, I don't see why they would fall at that hurdle in terms of Smash. With the way that they've been touting the new game, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo wanted her in Smash to increase the hype. Additionally, the director of Bayonetta seems open to the idea, and there's always that report of Sakurai visiting Platinum that I can't entirely ignore. The stars are aligning for Bayonetta; while I think her mature nature (Snake on steroids), competition (Snake), and lack of truly legendary status will keep her out, I still think she's the most likely third-party newcomer remaining.

Unfortunately, she's my least-favorite idea for a newcomer. Warning: the upcoming tangent is probably hypocritical, bigoted, and completely unwarranted. My views will probably change in the future, in which case I'll regret how I now feel. However, I don't care, and it's time I spoke. Here we go... it's time to get CRANKY!

AHH! Talking about one of those new-fangled games, are you? I tell you, this industry is going downhill. Back in my day, games were different. They were all about having fun and adventure. Our heroes were monkeys and robots and dinosaurs and stuff straight out of cartoons. We didn't need overly sexualized characters like that Bayonetta witch, and things didn't have to be overly violent. No frequent cursing, no blood, and no marketing scams. Our games were different. Nobody cared about fancy-pants resolution or online co-op, and games were based around things more enjoyable than quick-time events. We had actual consistent challenge and exploration.

Yeah, you whippersnappers don't get many true games anymore. The new games may be halfway decent in their own way, but games don't need to be like that. Why is it that when people grow up, they have to stop enjoying what they used to enjoy? I'm not that way, and I don't need any of these "new" fangled games. And don't lump them into the same category as my childhood favorites.

More Mii Fighter Classes

DAY OVER

THE MONADO WON'T WORK FOR A BUNCH OF LOSERS LIKE YOU!

Groose

Smash Champion
Bayonetta
2.70% chance (was 3.03%)
30.20% want (was 20.70%)

Well, it looks like I jinxed myself. Normally, both scores move in the same direction; it's quite rare to see them diverge. I pointed this out the other day, and since then, we've had a bunch of diverging scores. Dang it. Bayonetta is a bit less likely than before thanks to missing the E3 reveal window, but she's a bit more popular as people have opened up to her game.

Inkling
3.13% chance
39.25% want

I briefly confused the word "inkling" with the word "iota," and I was all excited to make a play off of words. Then I promptly remembered the true definition of inkling, and I lost my lame joke for this suggestion. Oops. Well, I think I need some sleep. Let's move on, shall we?

Today we're discussing Metal Face from the Xenoblade series. I'm aware that only a handful of you have played Xenoblade, so allow me to describe Metal Face as best I can without spoiling too much. You guys know Ridley, right? He's the evil dragon that murdered someone Samus really looked up to. He shows up time and time again to do battle with the warrior he created. He's also pretty darn big, and his defining characteristic is his raw violence. He's not the main villain of the series, but he's Samus' nemesis. Well, Metal Face is the evil robot who murdered someone Shulk really looked up to. He shows up time and time again to do battle with the warrior he created. He's also pretty darn big, and his defining characteristic is his raw violence. He's not the main villain of the game, but he's Shulk's nemesis. Metal Face is debatably the Ridley of Xenoblade There's another character late in the game who fills this role as well, but that's heavy spoilers to discuss. Please rate Metal Face Boss in chance and want.

Since I made all those Ridley analogies, I think it's only ripe that we revisit the Metroid franchise. This time we'll be rating Rundas, a character in Metroid Prime 3. I'm not overly familiar with Rundas myself, but I know he's a bounty hunter some say could be a cool new Metroid character "because Ridley is too big to be playable" Their words, not mine. Don't shoot me, I support Ridley. Please rate Rundas in chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll discuss the Theater from Paper Mario and the possibility of Tag Team battles. Predict away!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My acknowledgement of Metal Face Boss and Rundas would be insufficient since I have no familiarity with either of them.

For that reason I shall refrain from my judging.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Metal Face - 20%

Not sure if I should even be doing this rating since I haven't played Xenoblade....I've heard he's one of the main antagonists of the game, so if Xenoblade was going to get it a stage boss, it makes sense for Metal Face to be said boss. Nonetheless, I find it unlikely Xenoblade will get more than one stage, and I'm not entirely sure if they'll want to put a boss on the only Xenoblade stage. They did put a boss on Willy's Castle though, and I highly doubt that we'll get another Mega Man stage. And there's still the (small) possibility that Shulk won't be playable and thus Xenoblade will most likely get no huge representation at all. So yeah, a lot to consider. I just feel it's unlikely.

I'll abstain from want.

Rundas - 0%

Not like Rundas ever had a good chance in the first place, but at this point for Metroid, it's either going to be Ridley or no one, honestly.

Want - 0%

Him getting in over Ridley would be an insult.

Oh, I won extra nominations and I didn't even notice until earlier today. And....HOLY...WOW I came close....

That aside, I'll use them now.

Outset Toon Link x10

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Metal Face: Abstain both chance and want
So he's one of Shulk's most important enemies, yes? Then it should be perfectly possible for him to be a boss. That is, if Shulk is in the game. And he gets a stage that Metal Face is fought on. And Metal Face actually appears on that stage as a boss. I don't want to look up the info to try and guesstimate these as I want to avoid spoilers for Xenoblade, as I hope to eventually play the game, so I will abstain.

Not-Ridley: Chance: 0%

If we were going to get a Metroid Prime representative, it would have been Dark Samus. It's the main antagonist of the Prime series, obviously wouldn't be a clone based on it's moves as an assist trophy, and is more important then any of the other Prime characters. But Dark Samus is an assist trophy, and I highly, highly doubt we would get one of the less important characters as playable when Dark Samus was an assist. It would be the other way around.

And that's before I bring Ridley into the equation, who I think is playable, and I highly doubt we will get 4 Metroid representatives, and if we did, it would not be Rundas.

Want: 10%

Rundas is a cool (hehe) character, could have an interesting moveset, but I really don't want him in Smash Bros as a playable character.

Predictions:

Tag Team: 12.3%
Theater Stage: 35%

Nominations:
x10 Third Party Assist Trophy [From a series without a playable character]

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Not often we have a round where I've never heard of either character. I've tried to do a bit of research on both and here's what I got out of it:

Metal Face Boss - Abstain
I didn't want to delve too much into this guy since I do hope to eventually play Xenoblade Chronicles, and while I could easily say he's got no chance of being a playable character, as a boss? Too difficult to say without delving far into spoiler land. That thought that making him a boss would constitute a major spoiler was enough to make me consider giving a zero anyway, but if he's just that important to the story, who am I to say if he could be a stage boss or not? Gotta be an abstain.
Want - 0% - Having not yet played the game, I have no attachment to him, and as someone who hopes to play the game eventually, having a major plot boss spoiled doesn't seem like something I'd want from Smash. No thank you!

Rundas - 0%
Unlike Metal Face, Rundas is being rated as a character, and it doesn't take much reading to confirm the obvious: he just doesn't have a chance. Even if we were to assume Ridley was ineligible despite being by far the most popular candidate for a Metroid newcomer and arguably the most important character to the franchise beyond Samus herself, Rundas appears to be too minor a character within the context of the full series to be a realistic pick for Smash.
Want - 0% - Again, didn't know he existed before today, and I can't say after reading up on him that he's more appealing than Ridley.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Abstaining from Metal Face

Rundas

Chance: 2%- He's not Ridley, but he is slightly more notable than some of the other hunters.

Want: 95%- I don't want him as much as Ridley, but Rundas is definitely my second favorite Metroid character. His powers are pretty cool(obligatory ice joke), I like his personality, and his design is pretty creative as well.

Predictions

Tag Team: 10%

Theater Stage: 25%

Nominations

Petey Piranha x5

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Metal Face
Chance - 10%
A fair chance I would say, he's one of the least spoilerific and iconic bosses we could get from Xenoblade. Definitely a possibility.

Want - 100%
Sure! I think this would be pretty awesome.

Rundas
Chance - 1%
Metroid barely gets any luck with playable reps as it is, and the only one that Sakurai knows for a fact that people fervently desire is Ridley. I suppose there IS a chance Rundas could happen, but it's just extremely remote.

Want - 55%
Sure, why not? OK, I think initially the idea of any Metroid rep that's not Ridley would be a punch in the gut to many people, myself included. It'd be pretty sucky.
That said, if we do get another Metroid rep and it's not Ridley, Rundas is one of the best remaining possibilities, particularly in the fact it pays more homage to the excellent Prime series than to the polarizing Other M. Also, it's a pretty cool character and I would definitely enjoy it if the Metroid universe expanded towards the presence of other hunters in the future.
So yea, while the hit would be tough to endure at first, over time I think I'd enjoy his inclusion.

Nominations
x5 Villains Trailer

Predictions
Theater (Paper Mario) - 14%
hard to predict stages
Tag Team Battles - 19%?
I also have no clue what people will predict here

In case there is confusion about the tag team battles, here's a description of what I envision
"At the character select menu, you pick a group of characters (say, for example, 3) in a specific order. Then, once the battle begins, both you and your opponent begin with the first character you picked. Once that character gets KOd, your second stock will be the second character you chose. And so on and so forth. Kind of like the pokemon trainer idea, but without the Down B switch midmatch or stamina."

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Metal Face Boss
80% Chance
100% Want
I don't know. This strikes me as one of those new fangled stage bosses...
Rundas
0% Chance
100% Want
Nominating Mach Rider x 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Results Tab Updated

Our top ten most likely remaining characters had changed;
1. Shulk
2. King K. Rool
3. Ridley
4. Dixie Kong
5. Chorus Men
6. Isaac
7. Paper Mario
8. Ghirahim
9. Dark Pit
10. Bandanna Dee

What will the fates of these characters be? They can't all be playable. I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

Metal Face Boss - 33% There will be a Xenoblade stage, I am certain. I just dunno how big of a role Metal Face will have.
Want - 100% He deserves it. Fantastic boss character.

Rundas - 0.01% chance, but still a better chance than the Hunters from Hunters.
5% want, I love him as a character, but he has no place as playable in Smash.

predict 25% for both concepts.

annnnnd
nominate
Marshal rerate x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Metal Face Boss

33% Chance- Shulk has a very good chance of being playable. I also read this thing was an important antagonist. I would think most of the franchises would get a boss including Xenoblade.

Want: 85% I really like the design.

Rundas

0.01% At most he'll be a trophy(if Sakurai recognizes it and not be like Sakamoto and toss it off).

40% Want: I rented MP3: Corruption. From what I seen of him, he was pretty cool.

Predictions

Theatre(Paper Mario): 9.45%

Tag Team Battles: 16.76%

Nominate Marshal rerate x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Metal Face Boss Likelihood: 3%
Want: 45%

Rundas Likelihood: .1%
Want: 30%

Karate Joe x5

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Metal Face:
Chance: abstain
Uh... I don't know. He's definetely one of the main antagonists in Xenoblade Chronicles but will he actually make an appearance? No clue whatsoever.

Want: abstain
Again, I don't know what to think of this guy.

Rundas:
Double Zeroes.

Just no...

Predictions:
Tag Team Battles -10%
Paper Mario Theatre - 12.6%

Noms:
5 x Villains trailer

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Metal Face... OFF!: 6%
I think Xenoblade getting a boss stage is extremely unlikely. What Xenoblade is known for is the environments, and I think a Xeno stage will tap into that.. and while we could get a boss appear, I personally feel it's unlikely.

Nor do I want it, I want to be able to sit and look at the wondrous Xenoblade world in HD without some metal ******* getting in my way!

Rundas: Double Zeros!
Ridley, that is all.

Tag Team Battles: 8.8%
Could explain the character switching, but we're a conservative lot.

Paper Mario Theatre: 18.8%
People will put it much higher than it should be, we already have a Paper Mario stage and it covers a lot anyway.

Dagon Quest representation*5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Metal Face boss chances and want: abstain for both
Just like Riki, I abstain because I don't want to be spoiler about Xenoblade by my own researches.

Rundas chances: 3 %
Haha, we're rating a Metroid guy who appeared in the only Metroid game I played, even then I didn't go far in the game, I don't think I have encountered Rundas yet. Metroid Prime 3 was probably too recent for SSBB, so maybe Rundas will appear in the game, but most likely as just a trophy. According to Wikitroid he's kinda important in his game, but I'm not sure that it's enough to make him a playable character.

Rundas want: 4 %
An obscure character (for those who didn't played Prime 3, and in my case because I didn't go far enough to encounter him) from only one game, meh. The reason why I don't give a 0 % is because Metroid Prime 3 was the only Metroid game I played.

Predictions:
Theater: 3,93 % - We already have a Paper Mario stage.
Tag team battle: not giving a predicition now, can you clarify about the concept please?

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Magikarp x4
Concept: non-Fire Emblem franchise with exactly four playable reps x1

D

Deleted member

Metal Face

Abstain

Rundas

Nomination

Marshal x5