• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I think you're overthinking this.
We're rating the chance for the character to get in as a unique playable character, as their own slot on the CSS if you will. So Lucina did "get in," but if say Roy were actually a skin for Marth then he'd be just a skin.
I know, and I agree :p I only brought it up just for sure clarification (and because people's posts in the past have had some disparity on the classification of a "character"), and only expounded because Groose's post made it sound like I was referring to DLC.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
But what would be the point of hyping an alternate costume? Why isn't Sakurai officially deconfirming like he did with the rest of the characters like Chrom, Wonder red, etc?
Well, alternate costumes can provide players with a way of playing as certain characters that look like pre-existing characters without the need of actually putting those characters in. It's possible that they may even go a step further with a Dark Pit costume and give it unique voice acting. That's actually quite a real possibility considering that they were planning on making Lucina into an alternate costume for Marth. That would be something interesting that could be worth hyping.

Also, if Dark Pit is an alternate costume (and perhaps a special one at that), wouldn't officially de-confirming Dark Pit be giving it away? Unlike Chrom, who's role in the game was clear when he was revealed, Dark Pit's role is still ambiguous. Making an official statement on it could possibly give away what Sakurai may want to save for a pic of the day reveal.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Dark Pit HADES:
Chance: 90%
He was already confirmed for Super Bash Sisters, so what would make smash 4 any different?

Want: 100%
Anyone who doesn't give him an 100% is clearly going to be a part of ol' chomper's lunch!

Some other guy:
Hey look, who cares?
I'm sorry, I just can't take KI days seriously...

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Roy chance:55%
Great DLC candidate

Want: 99
Roy's our boy

Dark Pit chance: 100%(as an alt)
Already a recolor in brawl
Want:0%(as a character)
Ehhhh, I'd rather not have 2 characters who look exactly the same coloration aside.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Lucina is allegedly a special case. I expect her to be the end of it. Roy and Dark Pit get quadruple zeroes. I've given Dark Pit his chance score based on the likelihood of him managing to secure his own roster spot. He's a different story as an alternate. As for Roy, we're at 4 Fire Emblem characters. Who in their right mind would think a 5th were possible? 4 is already pushing it, and this is from someone who was in favor of Lucina. Even if the unthinkable happened and Sakurai decided that enough wasn't enough, why would he choose yet another swordsman?

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
DARK PIT
Chance - 0.01%
If Dark Pit was a newcomer, I'm pretty sure he would have been confirmed in Palutena's trailer exactly how Lucina was revealed in Robin's trailer. I mean, does a palette swap really deserve his own trailer? Also, his so called ''teasing'' makes me think he will just be an alt. Simple as that.

Want - 0%
I don't mind clones, but Dark Pit would just be a stupid inclusion.

ROY

Chance - 0%
We already have four FE reps.

Want - 0%
I used to like him, but he really should stay in the graveyard.

my english is funny

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Dark Pit
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

Roy
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

Reasoning
- Dark Pit: already deconfirmed. Appeared in a trailer by name, without a tag or a spot on the site, DEAD. If the Lucina stuff changed anything, is his chances of being an alt costume since now we know Sakurai actually is considering alts that are a different character.

- Roy: HAHAHA, right, because I want ANOTHER Marth clone to raise Fire Emblem's characters to five. No thanks.

D

Deleted member

Dark Pit

Chance: 0% - Probably going to be a palette swap for Pit again
Want: 0% - No thanks.

Roy

Chance: 0% - Lucina has stolen his thunder, I can't see more Fire Emblem characters joining in...and if even if there were more coming, I can't see another Marth clone.
Want: 0% - Never cared for him & to be honest, I don't want him back.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Let's keep this short and sweet, fellows...
EVERYONE GETS ZERO.

Roy is an extremely overrated Marth clone that people from Japan and even in the U.S. completely fangasm over and I just don't get it. Lucina completely obliterated Roy not only for this game but possibly even all of the sequels. Roy is dead and you're going to have to get used to it.
Dark Pit is, well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a dark and edgy version of Pit, who's already in the game. Tell me, what good would come out of having two Pits on the roster. At least Lucina has a different enough design from Marth at least. Now that Miis are in and Chrom isn't, Pittoo is now my least wanted character for the entire series. A bold statement, yes, but that's just how I feel.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Roy - 0%
Maybe I should hesitate a bit more before throwing a 0% at a famous Fire Emblem character knowing what happened last time, but really, getting a second Marth clone to bring a fairly small franchise to a whopping five slots? Even for a roster that's looking to be quite large, I find it difficult to believe that could possibly happen.
Want - 0% - I've got my dream Fire Emblem character and I think four slots should be the max for the franchise at this point, so I can't say I need nor want any more FE in SSB4. Let's focus on other deserving franchises now!

Dark Pit - 25%
Lucina means I have to give this idea considerably more credit than before. It still feels far more likely that the tease from the Palutena trailer is for an alternate costume, perhaps even one with an alternate voiceover, but there's now a real possibility he could get his own slot with some altered move properties or other inherent differences in control. After all, Lucina apparently became a character after evolving from an alternate costume to a mildly different clone, and considering Dark Pit was given trailer treatment, who's to say he couldn't follow in her footsteps? I'll consider it unlikely for now, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up as a surprise secret character.
Want - 0% - While I have massive personal attachment to Lucina, I have no such love for Pittoo, so while I'm easily willing to forgive Lucina for being an almost carbon copy of Marth, I would be far less impressed if lightning struck twice and we got two Pits. Just make him an alternate costume and leave Lucina as the oddball clone newcomer please.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Dark Pit - 0.1%
Explicitly deconfirmed by being explicitly shown and named and not being essentially labeled as a veteran (Mr. Game & Watch). He is therefore an alternate costume.

Roy - 0%
Another Fire Emblem character seems like a near-impossibility.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Dark Pit
chance 66.66% want 6.66%
I take his amiibo figure from last year and his appearance in Palutena's trailer as a tease. He is someone easy to make in spare time, or someone to sell as dlc/amiibo especially because he shares the same model as Pit and same voice actor. Whatever it is I can realistically see him included in smash bros as a clone or alternate character. I don't want him, I'd prefer Medusa but I wouldn't complain if he were included.

Roy
chance 5.55% want 55.55%
I think odds are not in his favor, I think somewhere Sakurai mentioned that not everybody would return. However we know that Lucina was originally planned as an alternate for Marth but she was separated into her own slot. If Lucina works like Roy in Melee I can almost see Roy happening as her alternate or him returning as dlc. However I think chances of that happening are very slim. I think it's more realistic for him to return as a trophy or assist.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Pittoo: 0.1%
I don't see how he'd play differently to Pitty-Pat, and assuming he'd play the same he'd be an alt, not a seperate character... I think he will get different voice clips though, rather than just a palette swap.

Want: 5%
I think the different voice clips is enough, but I'd be very happy with that! If a clone character would get that I guess I wouldn't hate it, but the difference would have to be reasonably noticeable.

Roy: 3%
Why no love for Elibe Sakurai?! Seriously though, with Lucina taking his place I don't see what he could bring, even though I was an advocate of his decloning upon return (why he no have a ranged fire attack?!), 5 FE reps just seems too much. DLC maybe, but even then it seems unlikely with Lucina taking his Marth-semi-clone slot.

Want: 60%
If they decloned him and gave him a ranged fire explosion attack this would be 100%, but I think that's fairly unlikely at this stage.

EDIT: Oh yeah, predictions, that's a thing, it's been a while alright?!

Dixie: 44%
Lucas: 80%

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Roy: Chance: 2%

Roy is dead. Ike stole his fire sword, Lucina stole his position as a Marth clone. The only way I could see Roy appearing in this iteration of Smash Bros in a playable fashion is either DLC or as an alt costume of Marth's. But unless we are getting 60+ characters there is no way we will be seeing Roy on the initial, playable roster.

Want: 10%

Roy's inclusion as his own spot on the roster is utterly pointless, and I really couldn't care less if he appears or not.

Dark Pit Chance: 60%
(Excellent! I've been wanting to go on this rant for ages!)

Dark Pit was shown in Palutena's trailer without a character splash, therefore, he can't be playable, as Sakurai would never show a character before their official reveal. Sakurai said that characters were shown on the website if they were playable, therefore he can't be playable, right? Riiiiiiiight?

WRONG!

Not only is this a foolish belief, it's downright false! By the logic behind this:

:4tlink:=Spirit Tracks Cameo
:4palutena:=Statue on Hyrule Temple 2.0
:4mii:=Find Mii Stage Cameo
:gw:=Disconfirmed to be playable\

Even in past games, Marth and Ness were shown before release for Brawl, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and Pichu were in the Melee trailer, and Marth was shown during Captain Falcons mini trailer.

Announcing a character before an initial release, without specifying their role, is something that not only sounds like Sakurai would do, but it's something he has already done! It's why I'm so confident Ridley is playable, why I think several of our "deconfirmed" characters should not be listed as such, (Lip, Zoroark, Wonder Red, Isa), and why I'm going to start nominating a Rayman rerate the second nominations are started again (He has 2 different trophies!). There just isn't enough to warrant them being called "Deconfirmed"!

We have never seen a Zoroark Pokeball to date, not even from the demo. (Which showed several Pokeballs that hadn't been confirmed, as well as all those in the Greninja trailer other then Zoroark) There has been no word if Lip is disconfirmed (Villager has boxing gloves, Little Mac disconfirmed). Characters have trophies too, and Isa... no, just no. A sin and punishment icon would immediately point to more representation from that franchise (Which is very unlikely, but not disconfirmed), of course they wouldn't show one of a character was coming from that franchise. I could make arguments for more, but those are the 4 that really bug me.

Now why would Dark Pit have a spot on the roster?

Simple. Easy clone is easy.

Lucina already shows that this can happen, and Dark Pit is the next easiest way this could happen again. Dark Pit will definitely be in the game in some form, we've seen him in trailers, and he's an obvious, 100% costume change if he isn't his own slot. Seperating a costume change into a seperate spot on the roster as a clone, especially if they already have the model and animations from said character being an alt costume, is stupidly easy. Tweak the stats, change the logic connections of how said character is selected in the game, add a picture on the character roster, and bam, separate character.

Want: 80%

Dark Pit is a really cool character, but alot of this want is simply to show people to stop making precedents for deconfirmed characters when said precedents don't exist (Ike has to be replaced cause he replaced Roy, obviously a pattern that we have that has happened once), or are just outright false.

Rant over. I'll probably come back and reorganize and word it better, but I'm really tired right now

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Roy: 0%
Roy's not Sakurai's boy apparently. He chose to do the other Marth clone instead.
Want: 0%
Eh I'm okay with him not being in the game.

Dark Pit: 50%
Sakurai likes to allude to things before he reveals them. Example being the Pseudo-Palutena, before us getting the real deal. There's quite the big hint the Palutena trailer, and Lucina's inclusion means that a closely related clone is ok with Sakurai. If the end of Palutena's trailer isnt a hint towards Dark Pit, what is it? I doubt a character trailer would be advertising an Assist Trophy.
Want: 100%
Dark Pit is awesome and if he's a Lucina like clone, then he won't cost the developers that much time anyway.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Dark Pit
chance 66.66% want 6.66%
I take his amiibo figure from last year and his appearance in Palutena's trailer as a tease.
For reference, that's not an amiibo figure, that's a Figma figure. When it comes to Kid Icarus Uprising, there's only two Figma figures: Pit and Dark Pit. Being a developer, Sakurai naturally has both.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dark Pit: 0% chance and 0% want
I still remain highly skeptical that he will get his own slot. Considering the way he was shown - only at the end of Palutena's trailer, no gameplay, no introduction tagline - I'm pretty sure he'll not have a separate slot. And note that Sakurai initially planned to make Lucina a palette swap of Marth, so it's very possible that it is the case here.

Roy: 0% chance and 50% want
There will be no more Fire Emblem characters. There is absolutely no reason to doubt that. Lucina also ate of half of the want score, as don't want two Marth clones on the roster.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Roy - 0%

We aren't getting five Fire Emblem characters. Period. Let alone the fact that Roy didn't have much going for him to return in the first place.

Want - 5%

I like him in Melee, he's actually one of my mains. But at this point I couldn't see him being anything more than a Marth clone again, and two Marth clones would just be a complete waste to me.

Dark Pit - 1%

I'm banking on him being disconfirmed. He was shown directly at the end of Palutena's trailer with no information regarding his role in the game being revealed. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think Sakurai would tease a character so upfront and directly like that.

Want - 0%

Of all characters that could have clones, I really, really don't want Pit to have one. This is coming from someone who likes most clones, mind you.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Dark Pit: 40% Chance
The line between alt and slot is incredibly small now, only needing a single small change to the attacks.
It's not hard to imagine Sakurai thinking: "Dark Pit is obviously more powerfull in my developer headcanon and why not put in the Dark versions of the weapons"
And thus giving Dark Pit his own slot.

This is only given a ''mere" 40% because I think Sakurai might have given him a bigger role than alt and thus ruining the possibility of changing the mind so quickly.

Want: 0% Ew Sakurai bias and clones.

Roy: 0% for both
Sakurai has gone over the FE characters already and included Luc and Rob.
The clone also has no chance of the whole "Started as a Marth alt and now he's here" thing, because he's too different.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Roy
Chance: 3%
Only because he wouldn't take an awful lot of development time as a semi clone, and he was amongst Japan's most wanted. Roy's best damage was done at the base of the sword, Marth at the tip and Lucina is all over...it's somewhat of a trio I guess?

DLC though if it's a thing, could see him skyrocket upto as much as 70%.

Want: 70%
I'll be honest here. I never liked Marth. Roy was the character who got me interested in the series. However, Robin was who I was rooting for this time round, so Roy takes a bit of a hit for that and that we don't really need three versions of Marth(presuming he is still a Marth clone).
Still...we had Fox, Falco and Wolf for similar (semi)clone characters in Brawl, and we survived that.

Dark Pit
Chance: 75%
Too much in his favour; no, I don't believe he's going to be a simple alt either, nor do I believe him to be a stage boss. Sakurai, from what I can tell, likes Dark Pit a lot, and thus I am preparing myself for his inclusion.

Want: 60%
Confession time; I don't like Kid Icarus Uprising. Like at all. Yes I'm aware this is sacrilege on Smashboards, but I feel it's a decent game (although again, it doesn't appeal to me, I can see why it'd appeal to others) that is heavily overrated amongst the Smash community.

I played the original Kid Icarus games as a kid, and this is just too different for me personally. The referential humour in Uprising doesn't appeal to me at all. Heck; that Super Bash Sisters 'gag' made me want to brutally kick Palutena to death, a feat which ironically due to her being Sakurai's special princess, is now an option I can actively perform in Smash 4.
Thanks Sakurai! :4pacman:

Whilst Pit's inclusion originally excited me back in Brawl(again I loved the first KI as a kid), I can't say I feel the same way about either him or Palutena now they're nothing but video game reference spouters...

...thus Dark Pit; a character who isn't always cracking wise and leaning on the fourth wall like it's a safety crutch, is probably the KI character who annoys me least(although Medusa is acceptable too mostly because of her reoccurring role).

If I HAVE to have a third Kid Icarus character, and it's becoming painfully obvious this is a possibility, I'd rather it be the one that takes the least time to make.

andimidna

Smash Master
For the first time ever... I am giving QUADRUPLE ZEROES! Hooray!

Just a few days ago, I had been discussing Dark Pit's unique situation and how he has a decent shot. But no. I was wrong. And I'm glad to admit that as Medusa is a far superior option for a ki clone. Anyways, I've been convinced he's done. Dark Pit doesn't have the same quality thatLucina has to make her different. CLONES HAVE COLOR SWAPS. I don't even know how that would work. And there's no point in saying "more or less" instead of "Dark Pit ____s in!"
Hint in a trailer? It's Tom Nook all over again.
Hint in artwork? It's Isabelle all over again.
I think he might end up a stage hazard, but an alt and an assist are also somewhat likely too. All we know is that: Dark Pit is 100% definitely receiving some sort of representation.

Roy being a 0 is just a no-brainer at this point.

My want for both is 0. They are both on my top 10 least liked characters list. The only ones I rank as 0 want.

Actually... I could see Sakurai making a special situation for Dark Pit and him being an exception to what were used to.

I'll give some room to be wrong.
Dark Pit Chance: 2%
There. Now I feel safe enough :p
The other 3 scores are all still 0s though...
Well...
I liked Pit a lot in Brawl, and Lucina seems to have taken some of Brawl Marth's qualities that he didn't bring to smash 4...
Dark Pit Want: 10%
Only if he's added the exact way I want him to be >:)

Man, I really wanted to give quadruple zeroes... Oh well... Maybe another day

Predictions
Dixie: 60%
Please rise a lot. Please!
The most obvious clone choice ever :0
Everything that used to hurt her is gone! GONE!
Lucas: 65%
The only thing hurting him was Gematsu.
So he'll definitely be 50+ but idk if hell hit 70

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Heck; that Super Bash Sisters 'gag' made me want to brutally kick Palutena to death,

Well someone seems to have anger issues ...

a feat which ironically due to her being Sakurai's special princess, is now an option I can actively perform in Smash 4.

Whatever makes you think you'll be the one doing the beating? I'm not holding back on anyone!

(you can consider that a challenge ;D)

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
@ Glaciacott Glaciacott , your second picture of Palutena killed me haha.

Dark Pit:
Chance: 60% I think after Palutena's reveal vid, that he stands a chance.

Want: 20% Personally I'd prefer him to be an alt outfit for Pit, but then again I also supported Lucina being a Marth alt with her voice replacing Marth's and I was wrong about that.

Roy's our boy...
Chance: 5% except not anymore. I think his time has passed and I'll just have to wait for his game to be rereleased (if that rumour is indeed true, or I've not missed it)

Want: 20% As much as I like Roy since he was part the reason I even picked up a FE game, I don't think I can ask for another FE rep when there are other characters waiting to get in (Dixie, Shulk, Isaac, Ridley, etc). DLC? Perhaps.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Dark Pit's chances: 1% - I still think he's just an alternate costume.
Want: 0% - No thanks.

Roy's chances: 1% - Only because he's a veteran. I do not see why we'd get two Marth clones, nor do I see five Fire Emblem characters happening.
Want: 0% - Lucina is a better choice for a Marth clone in my opinion, and I certainly don't want a second one.

Dixie Kong prediction: 65.28% - She'll receive a large boost.
Lucas prediction: 67.23% - So will he.

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Roy
Chance: 0%
Roy's chances are dead, I already think that 4 Fire Emblem characters is too much, but 5 is flat out ridiculous. Not to mention that Lucina works exactly the way Roy worked in Melee, so she's filled his place. If were going to get him, it would have been in the Fire Emblem centric trailer. I know he's got his fans, but you have to be REALLY delusional to think he still has a shot at making it in. He was a long-shot before, but now it's just impossible

Dark Pit
Chance: 5%
If we get Dark Pit, he's guaranteed to be a clone, and I already established why I hate clone characters. I don't think we'll get him as a character though, I think the tease in Palutena's trailer was for him being an alternate costume for Pit. He'll probably not be just a pallet swap, but rather have different voice clips and such. That's why he wasn't at E3. If we get him he'd make it to the bottom of my satisfaction list INCREDIBLY fast. Kid Icarus is already pushing it with two reps, a third rep is flat out ridiculous for a game that had two unremarkable games for the NES and Gameboy, and a recent third game that was good. We already have tons of Kid Icarus stuff with items and Smash Run Enemies, but I think Sakurai is smart enough to know that people won't be happy to see a third rep from the series.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Roy: chance: 3%.
Nope.
Want: 15%
Overglorified. Wouldn’t mind if he returns through dlc, but mostly because he’s a vet. Aside from that, these non-blue-haired FE swordsmen who don’t use magic (except for Gregor) should stay away from my game :troll:

Dark Pit: Chance: 55% my opinion has slightly changed on the more positive side. He doesn’t have different height properties from Pit, so Sakurai would probably be fine with him as an alt costume, but I think he’s not out of the picture to have him as a semi-clone.

Want: 100% I still believe Kid Icarus is heavily underrepresented. We need Pittoo, Angel Face, Pretty Palutena, Viridi, Magnus, Phosphora…basically everyone as separate characters.

Except Hades. He can be a Master Hand alternate costume. As in: NPC boss.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Roy, our boy
Chance & Want - 0%, Lucina stole his gimmick, Fire Emblem has 4 reps, He hasn't made a canon appearance in own series in 11 years (and he's not not even playable! He's in an after credits scene), and we really don't need a 3rd Marth clone.

Dark Pit, Pit's... Dark Side
Chance - 0.5%, The way Sakurai described Lucina in Famitsu ("You could say she was very lucky to join the fray!") makes it sound like Lucina was the exception, not the rule. Sakurai separates alternate costumes and clones by whether or not the character plays slightly differently, if they don't, they're an alternate costume, voice and names don't matter, and that's when things get rough for Dark Pit, he's literally a clone of Pit, meaning his physical abilities are literally identical to Pit. Yes, he could be given some weapons not in Pit's moveset but really I doubt they're going to go that far when they could just as easily make him an alternate costume.

Want - 0%, Confession time, I didn't enjoy Uprising. Yes, It was well written, but the controls made it nearly unplayable, and I never really felt connected to of its characters. However I'm extremely
against a 3rd Kid Icarus character as it would actually out-number the number of games Kid Icarus games (Myths and Monsters was never released in Japan, essentially making it non-canon). Not to mention the mountains of franchises with 2 reps that deserve a 3rd rep way more.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Roy: 0.5% :4lucina: Lucina.
Want: 100% Mainly with his new design. I'd enjoy he coming back.

Dark Pit: 50% :4lucina: Lucina.
Want: 80% He's better than Pit and I'd like to see a different Pit. But as a Third KI rep, I'd prefer Medusa.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Abstain from Dark Pit

Roy:
Chance: 0% (As a trophy, 50%) Yeah, there's no way he's playable. I get the feeling that if any Fire Emblem character would be DLC, it would be Chrom, but Idunno. Roy basically has no chance at this point with Lucina already being a Marth clone, but to begin with, his chances were kind of slim. He will be missed. by some of us

Want: 50% - Heavily mixed. I'm pretty sure he'd play mostly intact from his Melee counterpart, and he'd still be voiced by Jun Fukuyama, but I get the feeling that if he were to come back, he'd suffer from Luigification, which while it is technically a good thing, I liked Roy the way he was. I'd honestly be fine with him just getting aesthetic decloning, but that is frankly, too unrealistic a thing to think.

D

Deleted member

Dark Pit - The Pit that's no Pawn
Chance:
5%

5% higher than before.
It's better to not be so absolute on Dark Pit. I see us getting a third Kid Icarus character to be particular low in terms of chance. You have to consider the pros and cons here:
+Sakurai worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising. He may feel biased here.
+Easy clone material. Would take no time at all like Lucina.

-Isn't different enough from Pit like Lucina is from Marth to be considered a character.
-Easily convertible as a palette swap. Just re-skin Pit and give him Dark Pit's voice.
-Popular KI:U character, but he isn't as important as Hades or Medusa. He would have to compete against those two.
-Was teased at the end of Palutena's trailer. However, he didn't get an introductory screen like Lucina did. Is Dark Pit big enough to warrant his own trailer for?

Honestly, I think that the last point just obliterates most of his chances. He could be the third Kid Icarus character, but I doubt that we will get one.
Dark Pit is kinda like Lucina to me. What I mean is, I enjoyed Lucina in Awakening but I wouldn't want to see her in Smash because she would be clone material and I don't like having clones.
Dark Pit isn't a character that I entirely enjoyed in Uprising. I'm not a big fan of having him be tougher and cooler than Pit. I'm not a big fan of that contrast to the bright, cheerful, bubbly Pit. He is a good character yes, but I'm just heavily indifferent on him.
I don't like Dark Pit enough to see him and I don't like to see more clones. Also, I much, much rather have Hades drill through the rind and remove Pitty Pat and Pretty Palutena!

Roy - Some People's Boy
Chance:
5%

Looking back at my FE chart, I held Roy at a higher regard than Robin and Lucina.
The reason for this is because I believed in the Gematsu leak and I felt as though Chrom being the main lord would get in over them. I gave Roy a 20% on the basis that he was a popular Melee veteran and a highly demanded one at that (heck, I gave him more than Robin and Lucina combined!!). If we were to get another FE character with a 4th one possibly happening, I thought that that outcome would have been Chrom and Roy respectively.
Now that Lucina is in the battlefields of Smash with her sword and a world full of troubles and Robin has come to tip the scales, Roy's chances have dramatically decreased. He is now the most likely FE character at this point, but what good does that make when Lucina is a Marth clone and the fact that there are 4 Fire Emblem characters? Having a 5th would be overkill. He's definitely a contender for DLC, though.
Just for the record, every other FE character would get a zero with three rare exceptions, with two of them having popularity thanks to Awakening and one with re-occurance; they will get 1%, they aren't going to happen but they at least have something redeemable here.
He's not my boy, plain and simple. It was weird not having 3 FE characters in Brawl due to Roy's absence, but that has been obliterated by the scale tipper.
I'm thrilled with what we have in terms of FE representation, especially with Robin in particular. If I want another FE character, then I rather have the pipe dreams that have been linked in "three" and "rare." I much rather have them than both Roy and Chrom since they're my favorite characters in Awakening.

Dixie Kong Prediction: 45.33%
Should be helped by Lucina.
Lucas Prediction: 51.79%
Now that Gematsu is dead, Lucas should receive a boost. Then again, there are still some believers...

Wow... this was longer than intended.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Roy:
Chance: 2% - He and Gannondorf might be hidden and have completely different move sets.
Want: 100% - Roy until recently was my main in Melee, he has importance to me as a smasher.

Dark Pit:
Chance: 0% - As playable on his own right? He's clearly not his own slot, he's going to be an alt, or something else. Not playable.
Want: 5% - I love Uprising. I hate Pit. So I don't want Dark Pit either. Medusa, Hades, and even Viridi should/should've gotten in before him.

Predictions:
Dixie: 62% - She'll be overrated thanks to Lucina.
Lucas: 68% - He's coming back. But some people think Gematsu's 2nd leak has to still be real.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Pittoo

Chance - 0% - I still say that his appearance in the Palutena trailer was a disconfirmation. He'll be an alternate costume, at best.

Want - 50% - Eh. Could go either way. Mostly dependent on how he is implemented.

Roy

Chance - 0.5% - Well, that pretty much killed any chance of anyone coming in. He's a prime DLC character but getting on the roster is mostly a pipe dream at this point.

Want - 50% - Don't know what to think here. On one hand, I still want him in, on the other I think Fire Emblem already has enough characters.

Predicitons

Dixie Kong - 56.43% - A bit of a boost due to the confirmation of clones.

Lucas - 64.34% - Should be going up due to Gemastu being disconfirmed.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit:
Chance: 50% I think this could go either way. The major downside is palate swaps though.
Want: 35% I really don't want a third KI rep.

Roy:
Chance: 5% There's a chance he'll be the Wolf to Lucina's Falco, but I doubt it. He's a good candidate for DLC though...
Want: 40% He was fun in Melee, and I liked him in PM, but I worry about redundancy.

Dixie Kong: 65.3%
Lucas: 40%

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Dark Pit:

Chances: 0%. Dark Pit has been shown multiple times in Sakurai's tweets, and has been referred to by name, and yet hasn't been unveiled as a newcomer in Palutena's reveal trailer. Most likely is foreshadowing for Medusa for a potential villains trailer.
Want: 0%. A ton of people are accusing Sakurai of favoritism, and Dark Pit would be a huge case for that. Medusa and Hades are already pushing it, but a literal Pit clone is unwanted, unneeded, and poorly represents Nintendo's history.

Roy:

Chances: 1%. Unlike Dr. Mario and Pichu, Roy is a clone character that has his own character and personality, like Lucas. Sadly, Roy is a poor representative of Nintendo's history, only appearing in Melee to promote his upcoming game. And as I've said in the past, Melee's roster kinda sucks.
Want: 40%. Yes, I mained him due to his fire and Neutral B, and he is the only character I can see as DLC in some shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom