• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Oh no... What if Crash Bandicoot is revealed on Monday, and we didn't rate him because we were too busy jumping on the Hype Train?!?

It'll be Greninja all over again :facepalm:
Except, we would have been going to rate him, unlike Greninja who we didn't even consider.
But that won't happen. If Crash wasn't able to get into All-Stars because reasons, why would he get into a 3rd party game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Agitha
Chance:
0%

It is really too late for her in my eyes. Dynasty Warriors isn't really that big of a franchise and they tend to have overly large rosters. So, I can't say that Hyrule Warriors really helps her in the chance department.
Want: 0%
I didn't even bother to do all of her side quest in Twilight Princess. I also find her to be creepy.

Non-Chorus Men Rhythm Rep
Chance:
5%

The leftover 5% that I gave to the Chorus Men. I think that there is a shot of us getting a different character, but I strongly believe that what we see with the Gematsu leak is what we will get in terms of Rhythm Heaven reps.
Want: 50%
I'm pretty indifferent as a whole. Though, I prefer the Chorus Men since that guarantees Shulk... eh...

Crash Bandicoot Prediction: .58%
It isn't happening.
DLC Characters Prediction: 95.85%
Gematsu leak says that we'll get it, so...

Nominations: Tharja 5x

I'm not going to subject to you guys for a rerate. I just have... nothing on the mind right now.

DAY OVER!
ALL ABOARD THE SMASH BROS. HYPE TRAIN!

D

Deleted member

Agitha
Chance:
1.98%
Want: 21.74%

Her chances were really bugged out. It takes a true warrior to withstand and receive higher scores here... Agitha is not one of them. Still, some of you weren't buzzed out by her and would still like to see her.

Non-Chorus Men Rhythm Rep
Chance:
15.13%
Want: 45.10%

The Gematsu leak states that we will get the Chorus Men and we've previously stated that the leak is most likely real. Regardless, you all believe that there is a good chance that we might get someone else. The want is also reflective of how some people are attached to certain Rhythm Heaven characters.

Everyone, a new challenger is upon us! Who can it be?! We won't know until this fated Monday.
For now, the game is on lock-down! No nominations, no predictions, none of that! Over the weekend, we will be covering the most overrated and underrated newcomers, our most hyping and deflating moments, and our final predictions.
Today, we shall be discussing our most overrated and most underrated newcomers. While we have rated a lot of characters during E3, we may have botched a few. Who is the character that you deem overrated? Who is the character that you deem underrated?
After Monday, we will be rating our most overrated and most underrated! (I think)

For now, ZOOOOOOOM! TIME TO GO AT WARP SPEED ON THIS NONSTOP HYPE TRAIN!

EDIT: Oh yeah! The current nominations list!
x55 Purchasable DLC Newcomers
x55 Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
x55 Tropical Freeze Representation
x53 Birdo (Super Mario)
x52 Amazon Pandora
x48 Jill Valentine
x48 Bayonetta Rerate
x48 Paper Mario Rerate
x45 C-R-O-W-N-E-D
x44 Chibi Robo Rerate
x43 Frederick AT (Fire Emblem)
x42 Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
x41 Masked Dedede Final Smash
x40 Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation
x39 Double Cherry Item
x37 John Raimi (Geist)
x35 Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy)
x35 Akari Hayami (Wave Race)
X35 Dry Bowser Costume
X32 Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
X31 Lucas (The Wizard)
x30 Petey Piranha (Super Mario Bros
x30 Mii Wizard
x30 Olimar Alternate Costume
x30 Ditto Pokeball
x30 Four or More Third Parties
x28 Nightmare Rerate
X27 Porky Rerate
X27 Protoman (Mega Man)
x27 Six Mario Characters
x26 Krystal Rerate
x26 Excitebiker Rerate
x25 Stage Music Not Limited By Franchise
x25 “Punch Bowl"
x23 Marina (Mischief Makers)
x22 Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
X22 Three Fire Emblem Characters
x22 Chef Kawasaki Rerate
x20 Cain and Abel
x20 Gaius (Fire Embelm)
x20 Daroach (Kirby)
x20 Metal Face Boss
x20 “Moo Moo Meadows”
X18 Chrom [Stance-Based Moveset]
x18 Third Party Assist Trophy [From a series without a playable character]
x15 Brash the Friggin’ Bear
X15 Dedede Arena
x15 Heracross (Pokemon)
x15 Kid Icarus Dog (Kid Icarus)
x15 All Brawl Veterans / No Brawl Cuts
X15 Galacta Knight (Kirby)
x15 Team-Up Attacks in Team Battle
x15 Venusaur (Pokemon)
x15 Chaos 0 (Sonic)
x15 Villain Newcomer (Mewtwo Counts)
x15 King K. Rool
x15 Bidoof
x15 City Trial Stage
x15 Mother 3 Content Without Lucas
x15 Tag Team Battles
x14 Cia (Hyrule Warriors)
x12 IdolM@ster Character
X10 Leif (Fire Emblem)
x10 Gyrardos (Pokemon)
x10 Batallion Was Rifle Grunts (Battalion Wars)
x10 Mallow (Super Mario)
x10 Godot (Ace Attorney
x10 Endless Ocean Stage
x10 Billy Hatcher (The Giant Egg)
X10 King Boo Rerate
x10 NFC DLC
x10 Ghirahim Rerate
x10 Captain Syrup Rerat
x10 Andy Rerate
x10 Mega Mewtwo Y
x10 Purchasable DLC Music
x10 Brain Age Stage
x8 Charlie (Mario Golf)
x8 Standalone Pokemon Trainer Rerate
x8 Takamaru Rerate
x7 “In the Space-Pirate Ship”
x6 Japanese Voice Options
x6 Six Pokemon Character
x6 CPU Uses Alternate Costumes
x6 More Mii Fighter Classes
x6 Kid Icarus Girl (Kid Icarus)
x5 Fire Emblem Newcomer (Not Chrom)
x5 Metal Overlord Boss
x5 Inkling Assist Trophy
x5 DLC Character
x5 Sealed Grounds Stage
x5 Masterpieces Returns
X5 Medli NPC
x5 Airship Stage
x5 General DLC
x5 Konami Character
x5 “Bellumbeck”
x5 “The Won-Stopable Wonderful 100”
X5 Dark Matter Rerate
x5 Mach Rider Rerate
x5 Tropical Resort
x5 Kururin
x5 Lysandre (Pokemon)
x5 Masked Man Rerate
x5 Q Bert (Q*Bert)
X5 Toadsworth (Super Mario)
x5 Post-Release Patches
x5 Shadow Alternate Costume
x5 Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
x5 Kumatora (Mother/Earthbond)
X5 Tony (Earthbound)
x5 Wuhu Island 3DS Stage
x5 Hades Rerate
x5 Hooktail Stage Hazard
x5 Star Man (Prowrestling)
x5 Four Fire Emblem Characters
x5 King Hippo (Punch-Out!)
x5 Little Mac Codecs
x5 Ganon Rerate
x5 Pokemon Series Newcomer
x5 Wreck-It Ralph! (Wreck-It Ralph!)
x5 WayForward Rep
x5 Shiny Pikachu Leak
x5 Tharja Rerate
x3 “Adventure’s End”
x2 Isa Rerate
x2 Kat & Ana (Wario)
x2 Birdo AT
x2 Lucas (Mother)
x2 Pilotwings Character
x2 Post Release Balance Patches
x2 Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
x1 Bomberman Rerate
x1 Yuga (Zelda)
x1 Ravio (Zelda)
x1 Hilda (Zelda)
x1 Ilyana (Fire Emblem)
x1 Six Zelda Characters
x1 Giygas (Mother)
x1 Daisy Rerate
x1 Fossil Fighters (Fossil Fighters)
x1 Newcomers Without a Stage
x1 Customizable Event Matches
x1 Pink Gold Peach (Mario Kart)

Last edited by a moderator:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
@Brawler610 is it possible for you to change the title of the thread? I think it will confuse a lot of people if we are rating something that isn't titled.
Anyway,
Most Overated: Chibi-robo

I REALLY overated him on his day. I need to make revisions.

Most Underated: Lucas

Not even gematsu could admit that he isn't playable. He just got caught on an anti-hype bandwagon.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Although I'm a supporter of both, I think the two most overrated are K Rool and Ridley. At this point, it's looking like just Gematsu is more and more likely. Sakurai's comment about having few newcomer videos left seals it. Given that there are 9 so far, you have to think that there can't be as many as 6 or 7 left. Of course, it could be that Lucas and/or Snake are not cut, or Mewtwo is in, which would make a larger roster with fewer newcomers possible.

Ridley has a good chance of being just a boss. But at least there are some good reasons to think maybe Sakurai is just teasing him. K Rool doesn't have much besides Kremlings - he might not end up getting anything but a trophy for all we know.

Proportionately, Chibi-Robo is probably more overrated. I think his score should be close to zero. But I'm thinking more in absolute terms now.

So I'm going to say K Rool is the most overrated.

Most underrated? Nobody. I think practically every character except the Gematsu 3 is overrated. So I guess maybe I should say Chorus Men are the most underrated.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
btw...
Except, we would have been going to rate him, unlike Greninja who we didn't even consider.
But that won't happen. If Crash wasn't able to get into All-Stars because reasons, why would he get into a 3rd party game?
I was being sarcastic ;)

Weeman

Smash Crusader
0% chance for Agitha.
10% chance of a second Rhythm Heaven rep if the Chorus Kids make it in.
Their day is over, now we are rating most overrated and most underrated newcomers, but since Groose (the owner) is not here the title of the thread has not been updated. Check Brawler's post above to avoid confusion :)

Last edited:

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
Their day is over, now we are rating most overrated and most underrrated newcomers, but since Groose (the owner) is not here the title of the thread has not been updated.
Oh, if that's the case then my votes are as follows...

Overrated: Ridley from Metroid.

Underrated: 9-Volt from Wario Ware.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Most Overrated: Dixie Kong

Most Underrated: Takamaru
I feel like people completely forgot about Sakurai's promise to try and revive a character through Smash (like Pit) over time...mainly because of people growing tired of him. However, I fully expect his score to go down next time we rate him, since we're likely getting a Gematsu newcomer this Monday, and since people apparently have no faith in secret newcomers.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Most overrated: Chibi-Robo
Who?
Most Underrated: Chrom
Chrom, Chrom, Chrom. You poor man. He's aether a Marth clone or an Ike clone according to this forum. He actually has a distinctive fighting style, using his sword in alternating hands. He's the most often referred to as a "hype killer," especially when that damn Sal Leak made him literally Hitler apparently.
I'll always love you though.

EDIT: I just spent an hour making this image what is my life and why. It's not even that good
EDIT 2: DISREGARD THIS POST WHEN COLLECTING RATINGS!!!
I have another one that is actually actual down below, I just want to keep this Chrom stuff here.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
-Most overrated: Ridley

-Most underrated: Ridley

Now let me explain, i feel as if both Ridley detractors and some avid Ridley supporters both go to the extreme sides of the spectrum when it comes to speculation.
Most common people just downright deconfirm it without taking into account the amount of teasing Sakurai has made about him without ever actually showing him. But some others get overconfident with his chances saying that they are sure he's in the game and that the teasing can only mean he's playable, so yes i think Ridley is both the most underrated and overrated newcomer discussed.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Most Underrated: Chrom-the fact that he isn't getting around the same percentage of chance as Shulk even though they should have been both considered equally likely at the time the ratings were done is troubling.

Most overrated:Dragon Ball's Goku-the fact that he didn't have an overall chance score of absolute 0% is puzzling.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Most Underrated: SNAKE
Nothing really against him, he is a popular veteran, and he is important to Nintendo as much as since Brawl...
Honorable Mention:Captain Toad, Ridley
I feel that C. Toad was kind of seen as a more off beat chance, even with Treasure Tracker. I just see him as quite likely, since I believe in 6 Mario Characters
Overrated: Chibi Robo
Why is he that high? He is not that important...
Take a shot everytime someone mentions Ridly to become as messed up as me.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Most overrated: Hades. He deserves a -9000 percent in chance. Nobody likes him, even potato beats him importance to KI, and nobody likes him. Wait, I said that already. Oh well, who cares? Come at me, @Hades the Magnificent!
:troll:
In all seriousness though, most Ridley is the most overrated. He's deconfirmed, that's all there is to it. Dixie and Takamaru are pretty overrated as well.
Most underrated: Isaac. Honestly, after K. Rool, he's the most likely non-Sal newcomer.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Hype weekend begin!
Most Overrated: King K. Rool
The only reason people are considering him is because of the Kritters in Smash Run. I think it's being very optimistic to say that it means much. They are literally the most obvious choice as a DK enemy for Smash Run. They are DK's goomba. The most generic Kremling enemy.

Honorable Mention: Takamaru

Most Underrated: Ridley
Recently, I've been getting more optimistic about Ridley's chances. His situation is a lot similar to how Palutena was. Never was she directly but was teased multiple times. Teasing is an outright bad decision. He could have just revealed him and be over with it. Why on earth would Sakurai go into all this trouble if Ridley was a mere boss again?

Honorable Mention: Ghirahim

Um...verification?Does "Most overated/underated" mean what we think in chance score? Or popularity score? and I can say anybody from anytime, correct?
We decide our most overrated/underrated by the most recent chance scores for a certain character/concept.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Most Overrated- K. Rool
Smashboards love.

Most Underrated- Chrom
Smashboards hate.
I don't really think any characters are underrated, but I feel he should be at the same level of Shulk until Shulk gets revealed on Monday

On a random side note, just realized that Crono was rated while I was gone (yes... just. :facepalm:) . It's truly a shame that I couldn't have been there to give a nice 100% want... forgive me fellow supporters for my failure, I would have gone with you to the end. :sadeyes:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Most Overrated Character - "The Chorus Men"

As much as the Gematsu Leak may be true, I'm not certain if it's exactly the chorus men who get in. It the series nature to have some division over them, and these guys seem a little too out there.

Most Underrated Charater - Lucas

Lucas should not have been so low, I think. He should be closer to 50-50, maybe 60-40.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Most underrated - Chorus Kids
I'm of the idea the gematsu leak is definitely true and those three characters are the only ones left. So I consider them the most underrated as they have the lowest rating of the three gematsu newcomers left.

Most overrated - Micaiah
Not a recurring character in FE, not in awakening. 8% is too high.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Most Overrated: Chibi-Robo. How on earth he is up that high is beyond me.

Most Underrated: Chrom. He got a lower chance than the gematsu leak. I can see the Chorus Men because they might have been confused for Marshal, but there is no reason for Chrom to be below the gematsu leak.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Most overrated:
King K. Rool.
Tiki's are still Smash Run enemies. The overuse of Kremlings in Smash Run is probably because Sakurai is normal and knows the Tiki's were incredibly boring villains that are not interesting whatsoever.

Honorable mention: Mewtwo.
Perhaps so many fake leaks mentioning "Mewtwo will return" made me start doubting he'll return.

Most underrated:
Snake.
"He's not relevant on Nintendo" is an annoying point that hurts him everytime, despite how MGS3D comes out 4 months before SSB4 development starts, unless people really think they'd cut him midway for having a new game not on Wii U. The non-existent "3 3rd party character's limit" also hurt him way, way too much last time, considering Pac-Man and Sonic were pretty obvious choices. 50% average? Maybe. But 20% average? That's way too low since he doesn't have a proper thing against him, unlike "Gematsu-hates-me Lucas".

Honorable mention to my man Isaac. Still not deconfirmed.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Inb4 Ridley is both most underrated and overrated :rotfl:
Views of him are so split that it's actually a very real possibility.

Though I'm starting to notice that the pool of possible newcomers is so small at this point that there really isn't that many notable characters left to deem overrated or underrated.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'll give it a go.

Overrated: King K. Rool
Underrated: Mewtwo

EDIT: With an honorable mention in under rating to Ridley. Seriously, I think people are being too hard on him, to the point that I think they outright despise him. I don't think I can change my rating at this point, but I cannot abide the callous dismissal of his fans who are being treated as "delusional nitwits", when other characters who have next-to-no chance are considered to be fair game. If you have issues with the purple space dragon, go and take them to the support thread where they will be promptly chewed up and spit out of the forum. Don't just sit there like a coward and act like you know everything.

There. I don't know if I can stand coming to this thread anymore.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Most Overrated: Chibi-Robo
Most Underrated: Mewtwo

No explanations today.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Going to have another go, ignore my previous rating because I didn't realize it was just chance. (I would edit the previous one, but I'm too proud of that ****ty Chrom image.)
Overrated: Chibi-Robo. Stayin the same.
Underrated: Mewtwo
Was planned for every game so far, and has much much more relevancy now? Plus the delay? Why is this not more than 80%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom