• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't wish to argue mate, but there is no evidence that Grass types don't matter to Sakurai, and Sceptile is easily a very popular pokemon in his own right. You can say Sceptile was not in the Greninja trailer to hide ORAS remakes and to not make people feel that an oversaturation of pokemon could occur.
Well, aside from the fact that Greninja was chosen based off of concept art designs and not for being a Water type.

They also could have saved the reveal trailer of Greninja for later to include a reveal of Sceptile as well. And there is still the matter of whether or not the remakes actually impact Smash at all. And, correct me if I'm wrong, we haven't exactly seen any new Hoenn pokemon in the game, have we? Any Hoenn pokeball summon is just returning from Brawl, while we're instead getting new pokemon from Kanto, Unova, and Kalos. I would think that if the remakes had any impact, we would have at least seen some more Hoenn pokemon.

D

Deleted member

I don't wish to argue mate, but there is no evidence that Grass types don't matter to Sakurai, and Sceptile is easily a very popular pokemon in his own right. You can say Sceptile was not in the Greninja trailer to hide ORAS remakes and to not make people feel that an oversaturation of pokemon could occur.
Sure, but you have failed to refute the biggest argument against Sceptile, and the most likely reason it won't be included;

:jigglypuff: & :mewtwopm:

Jigglypuff has been in every game in the series to date, and while Mewtwo is a more popular Pokemon, it is notable that she got the bump up and made it into Brawl based on her seniority alone. Mewtwo is a different case. He's been making a ton of reappearances, has not one, but two Mega Evolutions, (As in, one more than Sceptile does) and got the biggest outcry of any character when he was cut in Brawl, mainly due to his unique moveset. Sure, he may not have been the best character, but that can't be used as an argument against him when Sakurai is focusing on balance.
I'm pretty sure these two would get in first, and do you really think 7 Pokemon characters will happen?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sure, but you have failed to refute the biggest argument against Sceptile, and the most likely reason it won't be included;

:jigglypuff: & :mewtwopm:

Jigglypuff has been in every game in the series to date, and while Mewtwo is a more popular Pokemon, it is notable that she got the bump up and made it into Brawl based on her seniority alone. Mewtwo is a different case. He's been making a ton of reappearances, has not one, but two Mega Evolutions, (As in, one more than Sceptile does) and got the biggest outcry of any character when he was cut in Brawl, mainly due to his unique moveset. Sure, he may not have been the best character, but that can't be used as an argument against him when Sakurai is focusing on balance.
I'm pretty sure these two would get in first, and do you really think 7 Pokemon characters will happen?
...I literally just edited in that.
This universe be funky.

Here it is just to show again. lol.
"Do I want Mewtwo? Yes. Am I willing to sacrifice Jiggs in order to get him back? That is what I am conflicted on. The fact that Gematsu has Ness being questioned does not bode well for Jiggs, who only really is in at this point for tradition and nothing more. She made sense for 64 and Melee, but for Brawl? Not really, save for tradition (Though to be honest, Mewtwo did not make too much sense either, or par Jiggs for repping Legendaries and being uber popular) Now, Mewtwo makes so much sense, and with Sceptile being so likely in my eyes, who is more expendable? Mewtwo, the most wanted character for SSB4 who can easily promote XY with his two megas, or Jiggs, who has tradition of the original 12 and a fairy type to her name? In my opinion, after thinking really hard (And I mean really hard), here is what I think our pokemon lineup will be...
Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile, Lucario, Mewtwo
I may be wrong, but I don't care, I just see this as happening. It would be the best case for Nintendo, pulling in many pokemon fans, and only alienating a few long time smash fans, who will buy the game anyway"

D

Deleted member

This universe be funky.

"Do I want Mewtwo? Yes. Am I willing to sacrifice Jiggs in order to get him back? That is what I am conflicted on. The fact that Gematsu has Ness being questioned does not bode well for Jiggs, who only really is in at this point for tradition and nothing more. She made sense for 64 and Melee, but for Brawl? Not really, save for tradition (Though to be honest, Mewtwo did not make too much sense either, or par Jiggs for repping Legendaries and being uber popular) Now, Mewtwo makes so much sense, and with Sceptile being so likely in my eyes, who is more expendable? Mewtwo, the most wanted character for SSB4 who can easily promote XY with his two megas, or Jiggs, who has tradition of the original 12 and a fairy type to her name? In my opinion, after thinking really hard (And I mean really hard), here is what I think our pokemon lineup will be...
I may be wrong, but I don't care, I just see this as happening. It would be the best case for Nintendo, pulling in many pokemon fans, and only alienating a few long time smash fans, who will buy the game anyway"
But what about Sceptile makes it more likely than Jigglypuff or Mewtwo? Only two arguments I've seen are "It's a grass type" which may be a useless argument as Sakurai might not care enough to put in a grass type. ("Well, aside from the fact that Greninja was chosen based off of concept art designs and not for being a Water type." - False Sense) as well as the remakes. We have yet to see any Gen 3 content that isn't returning. Giratina didn't make any appearances in Brawl, and one can assume that Pokemon Platinum was in development at the time Brawl was being worked on.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
This universe be funky.

Unless Sakurai knew a gen 3 remake is coming before he chose the characters, Sceptile really has no chance.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Well, I already have seen Ridley as a lock, but now I guess its time to reason Sceptile.

Sceptile is an odd case. Everything that could possibly hint towards smash bros has gone in its favor. Ill just cut my response from the Sceptile thread...

It just seems so likely Sceptile will be in. Especially given how easy it would be to simply have Ash have him again to advertise ORAS...
Do I want Mewtwo? Yes. Am I willing to sacrifice Jiggs in order to get him back? That is what I am conflicted on. The fact that Gematsu has Ness being questioned does not bode well for Jiggs, who only really is in at this point for tradition and nothing more. She made sense for 64 and Melee, but for Brawl? Not really, save for tradition (Though to be honest, Mewtwo did not make too much sense either, or par Jiggs for repping Legendaries and being uber popular) Now, Mewtwo makes so much sense, and with Sceptile being so likely in my eyes, who is more expendable? Mewtwo, the most wanted character for SSB4 who can easily promote XY with his two megas, or Jiggs, who has tradition of the original 12 and a fairy type to her name? In my opinion, after thinking really hard (And I mean really hard), here is what I think our pokemon lineup will be...
I may be wrong, but I don't care, I just see this as happening. It would be the best case for Nintendo, pulling in many pokemon fans, and only alienating a few long time smash fans, who will buy the game anyway.

And Ridley just seems like Sakurai's troll move this time, akin to something like R.O.B enemies in Subspace and having R.O.B playable.

Call me crazy, because I just said Jiggs can be cut, Sceptile is the most likely 5th Pokémon, and Ridley is a shoo in.
Wow, those are some bold predictions. I may not be sold on Sceptile but I can see your reasoning. Personally, I'm not too sure about Mewtwo still (likely but not sold on it), however I'm positive on Jiggs making it back. Still, it's nice to see a different opinion now and again, and I respect that.
upload_2014-6-16_0-51-41.jpeg

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Ridley
Chance : 75%

I don't think that I need to explain why Ridley deserve to be playable, we all heard those reasons hundreds of time so I'm going to skip to what we learned since the last time we rerate Ridley.

Absolutely nothing......

E3 didn't gave us any answer, leaving Ridley's fate hidden for even more time, no playable character or NPC have been teased for so long (10 months already), so either Sakurai think that we are REALLY hyped for that boss fight or Ridley is playable as an unlockable character along with other hinted but not confirmed character such as :
-Wario (Ashley and Waluigi AT),
-Ice Climbers (Polar Bear in smash run),
-Game & Watch (Pacman's reveal),
-Meta Knight (Halberd),
-Captain Falcon (Goroh AT),
-Chorus Men (Ghost in smash Run)

And maybe other like :
-King K Rool (Kremlings in smash run),
-Dark Pit (Palutena's reveal).

Also if Master hand wasn't confirmed as a boss, like the Yellow Devil, he was shown right off the bat, why can't Ridley have a simmilar treatment if they have the same kind of role ?
Sakurai don't even need to show Ridley, look what happened with Kamek he was revealed to appear on that new mario stage and his function was given before he was even shown.

I don't think that the Pyrosphere being absent from the demo help or hurt his chance:
-If Ridley is a boss, maybe Sakurai didn't want two stages with bosses for diversity sake,
-If Ridley is playable, the absence of Ridley on the Pyrosphere or the presence of a possible stage hazard, would have revealed that Ridley is a playable character or at least give serious doubts that Ridley is a boss to smash fans.

I would have given Ridley a better score if it wasn't for the Gematsu leak looking to be legit, possibly sealing the fate of any character not on the leak if this happen to be the final newcommers (except for DLC of course, but we are not taking this into account right now), but it wasn't confimed, so I'm not really worried about it for now.

In short, I'm getting my hopes for a Playable Ridley back overtime.

Want : 100%
My only wanted character being playable happen to be the one thing that will make me buy those games or not, no matter how good they are.

Sceptile
Chance : ABSTAIN
After Greninja, I'm not sure what to think when it comes to Pokemon representation.

Want : 30%
Not really interrested, I give him 30% just for Grovyle in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ridley's chances: 20% - Double what I gave him last time, but I'm still very doubtful.
Want: 100% - At this point I would be ok with him not being playable, I just want an answer. That said I would still be extremely thrilled if he was indeed playable after everything that's happened.

Sceptile's chances: 5% - Back down to my original score. I still don't see a second Pokemon newcomer happening, even with the remakes.
Want: 0% - No thanks. I don't like Gen III and we don't need a grass type.

Gematsu leak: 80.43%
Shulk: 92.29%
Chrom: 84.56%
Chrous Men: 60.88%

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
Character Satisfaction:
Greninja - 100% He recently took the spot as my favorite pokemon ever when i first got him in X and Y. He is an amazing choice and I'm thankful, and very surprised that he is going to be included.

Megaman - 100% although some may think that he is being overshadowed by pacman i have not forgotten about the blue bomber.

Pacman - 99% The greatest video game icon. Im so pumped. But i Am more pumped for megaman

Little Mac - 85% I am beyond thankful to have him included and i think hes long overdue... But i am personallly an air fighter... So his inability to fight in the air is a turnoff

Palutena - 80% I am not too overjoyed for Palutena but i love kid icarus an i like what sakurais done with her.

Villager - 80% He looks very fun and im sure he will be great to play as

Wii fit Trainer - 70% At first i didnt like her at all, but she is starting to look better and better in my eyes. I'm not as dissappointed

Mii Fighter - 44% Much better than i expected but i still dont like the idea of mii. I like what sakurais doing but i couldve went without them.

Predictions -

Sceptile - 17% Not likely at all, but i do see reasoning on why he should be included... nut we dont need another fast ninja like pokemon

Ridley - 85% I still believe he will be included... but his chancs start to look worse every day. but i still think hes gonna be included.... i dont know how he will make him work tho

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, might as well actually rate these two.

Ridley Chance: 45%
If I remember correctly, last time we rated Ridley I gave him a 10% chance. Before that, I think I gave him an 80% chance. So I guess this is a good balance.

With Ridley, the obvious thing that makes him unlikely (at least, to some) is the fact that he was teased as a boss. However, nothing definite has been stated on the matter. Ridley was never mentioned by name, nor was he ever specified to be a boss. It was heavily implied, but not absolute. This sort of teasing is rather similar to the teasing Little Mac and Palutena both received. With Little Mac, a boxing ring stage was shown off without any apparent relation to Punch Out. It looked like a generic Smash stage. A number of people interpreted this as being a point against Little Mac, as the presence of a non Punch Out boxing ring would suggest that Punch Out would not receive content in the game. However, it turned out this was all a ruse, and that the stage was actually a Punch Out stage that had been completely re-skinned to hide its true nature. Tricky. Then of course there was Palutena, who was teased quite a bit prior to her official reveal. With the reveal of Palutena's Temple, Sakurai made a comment stating how the Goddess of Light was "watching over the arena," while showing a statue of Palutena. Interestingly, Palutena was never mentioned by name. Then, in the Smash Direct, one of the Trophy Quizzes was that of Pseudo Palutena, although unlike every other trophy shown, this one was angled in such a way that concealed its identity until the answer was given. This scene gave numerous Palutena supporters a scare due to the fact that it looked like Palutena was about to be de-confirmed. Obviously, this was not the case, and after all the teasing, Palutena was revealed to be playable at E3.

Basically, Ridley's situation is similar to those two. He's been teased in a way that makes it look like he's not playable, without ever actually being referred to by name or having his role in the game be clearly specified. Of course, Sakurai did heavily imply that Ridley is a boss, which is still a very real possibility. However, it's been ages since we were teased about Ridley being a boss, and Ridley has still not been seen. Based on everything we've seen so far, I'd say Ridley still has a very real chance of being playable.

Ridley Want: 95%

You know, if Ridley really is playable, then what Sakurai is doing makes complete sense. By making it look like Ridley is a boss, he's lowering our hopes for having Ridley be playable. Now think about it, which is more satisfying: having a character you wanted and completely expected be revealed, or having a character you really wanted but thought had no chance be revealed? I think most of us would agree that the later would be far more satisfying, so Ridley being revealed at this point would be incredible. I think Ridley is one of those characters who has every reason to be in Smash, one of those missing pieces necessary to complete the roster. As such, I very much want to see him included. Although since I have no real personal attachment to the character, I can't say I want him as much as a few other characters.

Sceptile Chance: 5%

I still think this guy is overrated. Yes, he's a Grass type and completes the type triangle with Charizard and Greninja, and yes, he has a remake coming up. But do those things even matter? For one, there isn't much indication that Sakurai actually cares about completing the type triangle. He cut Squirtle and Ivysaur, after all, and Greninja was added because of how he looked and how he would be a good fit for Smash, not because he was a Water type. On top of that, there is nothing to suggest that the remakes (which will only be released AFTER one version of Smash is released) will have any influence on Smash and its roster. We haven't even seen a single new Hoenn Pokemon added to the collection of Pokeball summons, and instead we're seeing Pokemon from Kanto, Unova, and Kalos being added, which makes sense, really. Do we really think that a remake this late in development will have an impact on Smash, while we still haven't seen content from games like 3D World and Tropical Freeze?

And then there's also the fact that Sceptile is not the most popular Hoenn starter. Why were Charizard and Greninja added to the roster instead of Blastoise, Venusaur, Delphox, and Chesnaught? Because they were the most popular of their respective trios. Sceptile is not. That honor goes to Blaziken, who's become much more prominent in recent times than either Sceptile or Swampert. Sceptile is popular, sure, but he's outdone by Blaziken, and the remakes don't do a whole lot to distinguish him. Sure, he got a Mega Evolution like Blaziken did, but so did Swampert, and Blaziken (being the most popular of the three) got one far earlier than Sceptile and Swampert did. Really, the only reason Sceptile is even being considered as a Smash candidate is due to his typing, but really, is that enough? With everything going against him, is completing some pattern enough to get him on the roster? I'm going to say no.

Sceptile Want: 30%

I do like Sceptile, I'll admit, and it would be pretty cool to have him on the roster. But I don't think he should get in over either Jigglypuff (the classic veteran) or Mewtwo (the most popular idea for a Smash newcomer). But having him as DLC later on would be cool.

Edit: Looking back, I wrote a lot more than I intended...

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Character Satisfaction:
Greninja - 100% He recently took the spot as my favorite pokemon ever when i first got him in X and Y. He is an amazing choice and I'm thankful, and very surprised that he is going to be included.

Megaman - 100% although some may think that he is being overshadowed by pacman i have not forgotten about the blue bomber.

Pacman - 99% The greatest video game icon. Im so pumped. But i Am more pumped for megaman

Little Mac - 85% I am beyond thankful to have him included and i think hes long overdue... But i am personallly an air fighter... So his inability to fight in the air is a turnoff

Palutena - 80% I am not too overjoyed for Palutena but i love kid icarus an i like what sakurais done with her.

Villager - 80% He looks very fun and im sure he will be great to play as

Wii fit Trainer - 70% At first i didnt like her at all, but she is starting to look better and better in my eyes. I'm not as dissappointed

Mii Fighter - 44% Much better than i expected but i still dont like the idea of mii. I like what sakurais doing but i couldve went without them.

Predictions -

Sceptile - 17% Not likely at all, but i do see reasoning on why he should be included... nut we dont need another fast ninja like pokemon

Ridley - 85% I still believe he will be included... but his chancs start to look worse every day. but i still think hes gonna be included.... i dont know how he will make him work tho
Character Satisfaction was rated yesterday, Ridley and Sceptile are being rated today ;)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ridley Chance: 40%
I really think people are overestimating him. Not only that, but I think we just need to face the facts. Sure, if I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised and excited. But as far as I'm concerned, I don't think he has that much of a shot.

Ridley Want: 50%
Meh.

Sceptile Chance: 5%
Now, really. This reasoning of "Sceptile having to get in cuz he's a grass starter" is fallacious. He will not get in over Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, or even Blaziken from his own generation. He's a grass starter, which clearly does not matter. Sakurai just picked two popular starters. That's all. And plus, ORAS comes out AFTER Smash 3DS hits the shelves. Seriously?

Sceptile Want: 70%
As much as I don't think he's likely, I like him! I'd love to play as him!

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ridley

Chance - 50% - I just give up trying to analizse Ridley's chances. To me, he's in a permaninte 50-50 deadlock untill the reveal. We're getting into a "You know I know you know" situation with specualtion here.

Want - 100% - With Palutena out of the way, he's taken No. 1 on my want chart. Go team go!

Sceptile

Chance - 5.5% - Eh, think my old score may have been a bit much. Now that I think about it, I'm not shure if the remakes were in development for long enough to affect the roster.

Want - 55% - Same as the last go.

Predictions

Gemastu leak - 88.25% - Hard to deny it now.

Shulk - 90.75% - Better due to the leak.

Chrom - 92.75% - Maybe slightly better thanks to the Leak?

Chorous Men - 75.95% - Some might point out the fact it might not be referring to them. Who knows?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Ridley
Chance - 50%
I'm extremely split about Ridley's chances. I was expecting him to be revealed at the invitational, and I was particularly expecting something when they kept saying there'd be surprises and when Sakurai pointed out that no one picked DK or Samus. Lots of teases, but nothing.
To me, that does hurt Ridley in the sense that was probably the best environment to reveal him. However, I'm still hopeful in the sense that nothing was revealed that disconfirms him. Additionally, I'm a bit interested in the fact that they're holding back on every villain except Bowser (since arguably Dedede doesn't really count as a villain anymore.) Makes me hope that eventually they plan on revealing them all at the same time, or they'll share a trailer of some sort.
There's really not much else to say about Ridley that hasn't been said. I wish I could believe he's disconfirmed and move on, but the teases are certainly too much. Meanwhile, it also seems the gematsu crew might be the last three newcomers ... hmm, who knows what will happen.

Want - 100%
As always

Sceptile
Chance - 5%
People here are waaaaaay too optimistic about Sceptile. Extremely so. There's nothing indicating that he could be in the game except for fan desire. All things that apply to him also apply to Swampert, Diancie and now Sableye, but because of the grass type desire people are suddenly shooting him up to 40-90% range and I'm sorry but that's absurd. Especially now where the gematsu leak is more and more accurate and there's little indication there's more newcomers, and it's really just us hoping for more Rosaluma cases.

Want - 100%
I'd be extremely happy if this happened. Sceptile, Greninja and Typhlosion are my favorite starters, and Greninja is in and awesome. Sceptile would be a huge extra.

Predictions
Gematsu - 82%
I think it's way too accurate to ignore now. And I see everyone is getting used to it from the sudden appearance of Rhythm Heaven reps in every roster I see.

Shulk - 93%
Between Gematsu, Palutena getting in and X becoming Xenoblade Chronicle X (meaning he represents a series now, not just a single game), his chances should shoot up to most likely.

Chrom - 81%
Boost from Gematsu, but still probably lower than Shulk due to Fire Emblem competition and Robin/Lucina/Anna fans.

Chorus Kids - 54%
Like I mentioned, I see chorus kids and/or a rhythm heaven rep in most rosters now. Also, their thread gets more and more support each day. I think their ratings will reflect that paradigm shift of people here.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Ridley: 95%, Why would Sakurai hype a boss hazard? Look wha happened at E3 and Best Buy demo, no one gave a **** about YD and some even said that he ruined the match, Ridley would be a small and slow hazard, so either Sakurai is incompetent or Ridley is playable, if Sakurai thinks that a character sized pinata is going to hype us, then he is dead wrong
Want:10000000%
Sceptile 7%: Blaziken is far more likely than him
Want:5%

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ridley

Chance 90%

From all the teases from before and now not shown at E3 and that was the best time to unmask ridley, and if you were listening to the intermission music of the tournament, the brinstar song from the melee stage was one of them, and a DK one and a couple of smash ones NOTHING ELSE thats another hint for Ridley and king k rool.

And if you look at the roster most likely roster number is 51 for the math.

And i think august direct is when we will be doing this:colorful: And this to the detractors:laugh: In your face haters lol.

Want :its off the charts

No explanation neccessary.

Sceptile

Likely 3%

Its low chance smash bros 3ds comes out before the remake of ruby and sapphire.

Want 75%

It would be cool.

STARRRaptor

Smash Rookie
:o guyz this just in!!!!

[Image removed]

oh my god can you believe it!?!?! I CAN'T WAIT!

Chance: 0%
Want: 0%

--------------------------------------------

when it comes to Sceptile I think it'd be cool if they ended up having a starter poke from each gen but if that's not happening theres no point to add sceppy either.
Chance: 10%
Want: 10%

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

when it comes to Sceptile I think it'd be cool if they ended up having a starter poke from each gen but if that's not happening theres no point to add sceppy either.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Do Toobigot scores even count on RTC?

EDIT: Also,
image.jpg

EDIT: and also,

Pic of the Day, Feb. 12 2014
"This dog is huge... Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

ahaha what
I believe you just quoted the most overused yet most idiotic argument against Ridley, it's already been proven a lot that Ridley in smash 4 is distinctly not TOO BIG.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Ridley

Chance: 52%
2% Increase from before just because they did not show the Pyrosphere.

Want: 80%
I'm not a big Metroid fan, but tons of people want him and some of them have wanted him since Melee. Not to mention they put up with a lot of hate. Also, Ridley would have a unique playstyle and moveset.

Sceptile

Chance: 8%
I could see Sakurai doing this, but it has to compete with the likes of Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and other Pokémon reps.

Want: 20%
It would be cool. (Prefer Mewtwo though)

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
Character Satisfaction was rated yesterday, Ridley and Sceptile are being rated today ;)
I did rate ridley and sceptile at the bottom... the reason i posted this was because i typed my character satisfaction last night and nver posted it so i ended up mixing them togther

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Ridley:

Want: 100% most wanted newcomer not yet confirmed.
Chances: 90%. Kid Icarus and Metroid are sister series with who originally made them and Sakurai kept them adjacent in Brawl's roster. Palutena was teased before her full role was revealed, in a PotD with a stage relating to her, and almost a direct reference in the Direct. Ridley is being teased before his full role is revealed, in a PotD with a stage relating to him and almost a direct reference in the Direct. I wonder what exactly Sakurai just might be trying to do.

Sceptile:

Want: 5% the only decent reason to add him is to have a fully-evolved Grass starter in the game, and that's a terrible reason.

Chance: 0%, Sakurai decided on Greninja based on his concept art while Pokemon X and Y was in the works, presumably months before ORAS was even thought about and Sceptile's importance supposedly went up enough to have given him a ghost of a chance,

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I did rate ridley and sceptile at the bottom... the reason i posted this was because i typed my character satisfaction last night and nver posted it so i ended up mixing them togther
I thought that you meant prediction as in "I predict what percentage will Ridley and Sceptile get tommorow" with the lack of percentage for want and yesterday subject being touched upon, nevermind then, sorry ^^'

D

Deleted member

Oh boy.
I know that Ridley is a controversial character, but keep things civil between each other! We're not even rating the Gematsu leak yet!

I agree with your conclusion, I just don't like how you call her insignificant :p

Bandana Dee is in Rainbow Curse? Is that confirmed?
(sorry if it was very obvious in the trailer, I was too hyped to pay attention)
1. Well, if you want an insignificant FE character, wait until the nominations are back up because I am going to revive the dark lord... we must rate him again before this game ends.

2. Yes. There are multiple of him, in fact.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ridley Chance: 20% I think he's being developed as DLC due the complications of programming in my honest opinion now. I think we're getting disappointment as soon as we get Ridley's role as a boss.

Sceptile Chance: 10%

Groose

Smash Champion
Stupid question, but...

Which one?
We haven't rated any of those guys before, and he said "rate again." I think that leaves only one option:

Do Toobigot scores even count on RTC?
Unless if I can tell that they're just jesting, they do. Unfortunately. Very unfortunately. You and I may not agree with their beliefs, but if they are earnest, I can not take action.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ridley
Want - 55% - Don't care too much about him like I used to
Chance - 45% - I was surprised he didn't show up last week.

Sceptile
Want - 25% - I want Swampert if its a Hoenn starter
Chance - 5% - I don't see him happening with Jiggs and Mewtwo in his way.

Predictions:
Gematsu: 85%
Shulk: 75%
Chrom: 65%
Chrous Men: 54%

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
If we could all stop needlessly posting large images that could be accomplished with words, that'd be great. ;)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Ridley

Cahnce: 75%

Why else would they keep teasing about it? They outrigth stated when other characters were deconfirmed. Waluigi, Ashley, Skull Kid, Dillon, Toad, Meowth, Samurai Goroh, Lyn, Saki, Tingle, Shadow, Deoxys, Tom Nook, they poutright showed the character and said "This character is not playable. They are an Assist Trophy/Pokeball/Somebody's Moveset"

Want: 100%

No explanation needed.

Sceptile

Chance: 7.5%
Might be being too generous, but Roy debuted in Smash Bros.

Wanmt: 50%
Would prefer Grovyle

andimidna

Smash Master
Agghh... I just tried to edit a long part into my post of various more arguments I thought of in Sceptiles favor. But I was on my phone and I got logged out and it's gone...
Well, if I get home and the day isn't over, expect a post, I just don't want to see any "lol the only reason his supporters think he's likely is muh grass type 0%" ... After looking into things, there's much more than that. I wish I had The time to do that post right now :/

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Predictions:

Gematsu leak: 80%
Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash Run. The only thing that's changed. Mii was always a highly possible candidate and Pac-Man and Palutena were the closest things to shoo-ins based on who was making the games. Still, their inclusion has made people believe it to be 100% legit.
Miis and Pac-Man are indeed pretty obvious choices. We also got confirmation from Sakurai that they decided on Pokemon from X&Y before they decided on Greninja, meaning it was reasonable for that to be his info. I would be a lot more skeptical if not for the fact that he leaked the name "Mii Fighter" right before E3.

And you have to give credit to that. Being lucky and guessing WFT would be one thing (Villager and Mega Man were good choices too, and he guessed 6 at first). But now all of his original 6 have been confirmed. And Palutena and Greninja help a little bit too.

I do, however, consider it likely that his information is outdated, most likely predating E3 2013. And he doesn't really seem to know much about when reveals will happen. And I also consider it very possible that we'll get Marshal rather than Chorus Men, because that's an easy mistake to make. It's possible that he only had sure info about the original 6 + "Pokemon from X & Y", so there's a little bit of doubt about Shulk, Chorus Men and to a lesser extent Chrom (who had a feeling of inevitability going for him before Gematsu anyway).
[picture of multiple Bandana Dees]
I take it the Bandana Dee crowd will drop the "He's not just another Waddle Dee like Toad is just another Toad, he's uniiiiiique, guys!" argument, right?

Right...?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I do, however, consider it likely that his information is outdated, most likely predating E3 2013. And he doesn't really seem to know much about when reveals will happen. And I also consider it very possible that we'll get Marshal rather than Chorus Men, because that's an easy mistake to make. It's possible that he only had sure info about the original 6 + "Pokemon from X & Y", so there's a little bit of doubt about Shulk, Chorus Men and to a lesser extent Chrom (who had a feeling of inevitability going for him before Gematsu anyway).
Actually, if that part of the leak wasn't accurate or was just incorrect, I wouldn't find Chrom to be anywhere near as likely as he seems to be now.

andimidna

Smash Master
I take it the Bandana Dee crowd will drop the "He's not just another Waddle Dee like Toad is just another Toad, he's uniiiiiique, guys!" argument, right?

Right...?
That ship should have sailed a long time ago.
And I'm not talking about when he used to be actually called "waddle dee". I'm talking about the argument "he's so unique because he has a spear!"
There were a bunch of generic waddle dees with spears in the opening cutscene for triple deluxe. He's called bandana dee and not spear dee because the bandana is the only thing he had that separated him from other dees. Well, looks like that's over now too :laugh:

Also, once again this may have been obvious and I just wasn't paying attention, but was a bandana dee seen in-game for rainbow curse? Being on the cover doesn't always mean a significant role. An example would actually be the chorus men (great transition, right?)
I don't believe it would be possible to mix up Marshall with the chorus men. Marshall actually has a name to his character, and is more well-known. I don't think he could possibly mix that up with 3 little guys from 1 minigame. Sure, Marshall makes way more sense considering what I just said. But the fact that the name is plural also makes me think that basically the chance of the chorus kids/men = the chance of the Gematsu leak being real. I don't see and proof of the Marshall theory being true, and the chorus kids are dependent on the leak. But that's just my opinion, rate how you want I guess.

Hooray I edited my post in time:
Ridley:
Chance: 50%
I refuse to take a side anymore. I'm torn. I was so sure he'd be at E3...
And then, well, he wasn't. Not even "bossley"
I'm going to start setting myself up for disappointment so I don't end up too hurt. I... I... I'm sick of Ridley debates.
There's so much evidence on both sides. Ugh... why would you not put him in Sakurai? Why? Just do it already!

No, of course I have to pick a side. And I choose playable. The evidence still adds up more in favor of Ridley than out of his favor. He just makes logical sense given what we know.
Chance: 57%
-Shadow--> model size
This is the biggest piece of evidence. His size is closer to Rosalina's than Mother Brain's apparently.
And teasing for nothing in the end, and not having it in the demo...
If Pyrosphere was playable and he wasn't there, people would be calling him confirmed.
If he's a stage boss, Sakurai clearly hasn't been too worried to talk about it and basically reveal it before, so there'd be no reason to hide the stage. Well, I guess there weren't that many stages in the demo... but I still like my score.
Want: 95%
I ridley want him in.
He ridley deserves it, his fanbase is too big to ignore.

Sceptile:
Chance: 27%
I was too hyped to give him a fair rating last time, and I eventually decided he only had a 22% chance (after rating him at around 35%)
However, new info has come into his favor.
Obviously, the mega evolution. I raised what I thought his chances were by 2% after finding that out.
However... a comment made by Sakurai about Greninja made a larger increase.
1. Sakurai said that they reserved a spot for an X and Y Pokemon ahead of time
-sure, this could happen with Hoenn, but it's the next part that got me interested
2. Sakurai said that they didn't actually wait until X and Y came out to see who became the most popular, they guessed far ahead of time based of design/concept art...
-Wow, this must have been a pretty hard task to accomplish. Now why does this apply to Sceptile?
I've stated before that any smart developer could have easily guessed a large increase in Sceptile's popularity after the events that occurred
-dual reveal of water and fire starter
-is the most popular grass starter
-hoenn confirmed
-mega evolution confirmed
If somebody asked you "Which Pokemon will become very popular after all 3 of these things happen?"
The answer would be obvious-- Sceptile.
If the Smash team could guess who the popular gen 6 pokemon was going to be based off of his design, do you seriously doubt that they couldn't have seen this coming?
Now, I will not give a 50+ score, despite me being sure they could have seen this coming.
Because it is not definite that Game Freak asked Sakurai to add a Pokemon to promote/advertise Hoenn. Because it is so new, I'm going to stay on the less likely side, by a good amount, however, I have no doubts that Sakurai knew about the game before it was revealed, and Pokemon reps work a bit differently than other series. Still, doubting it. However, some people should be considering it more than they are.
Edit: Okay, I'll add what I wanted to add before.
Let's see...
I think the first thing I had said was about how DLC is starting to become likely. And what would you find more likely, veteran DLC or newcomer DLC? Easily veteran DLC, correct? Well with Jigglypuff being low priority, insignificant, but a staple of the series, I think she's easily the #1 candidate for DLC that's not a clone.
Seems like a perfect fit, and honestly, I can see this happening to Squirtle and Ivysaur too. Greninja isn't all that similar to Squirtle, people still like these 2. Makes sense too me, same with Snake. He's still popular, Kojima basically said he wanted him back in, but it was pretty late in development, so DLC could be an easy way to add Snake. I could even see Falco and Lucas being excluded from the main roster just so it stays smaller and has more variety, this would take off some pressure of the developers and would lead to a game that is not rushed. If beloved veterans such as Falco and Lucas were to be part of the DLC line-up, surely it would be more desired to buy (if it costed anything). And finally, I think this is a perfect way to bring back all 5 veterans cut from Melee to Brawl. Yes, even Pichu and Young Link. I could easily see the main Pokemon roster be Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Sceptile, and Greninja-- and half of the DLC options would be the Pokemon of the past. Maybe DLC newcomers could happen, if there are major characters that aren't assist trophies or stage bosses... but I have no idea how likely that is. I don't think it's really all that likely atm...
Well, this way, Sceptile would not be in any sort of competition with those characters, but wait... he still has competition (nailed the transition again)
Blaziken. In the 2nd part of my old edit I talked about Blaziken.
So now that Genesect is done, these are really the only 2 viable Pokemon newcomers left (diancie pls)
And I do think he's up there, pretty close to Sceptile's likelihood. However, not close enough to get on my list of who I think are the top 10 most likely characters (I rank him at #13). I already mentioned in my original post how easy it would have been to assume or guess Sceptile's spike in popularity. And this spike in popularity has Blaziken fading away from significance. What I mean is, in these remakes, there's nothing they can do with Blaziken anymore, they already gave him a mega evolution in X and Y. Sceptile's is new and he's only gaining significance and popularity. As the forest master rises, the flaming chicken falls :troll:. At this point, and this could easiy not be true, but Sceptile might have surpassed his popularity, but if he hasn't, I think he will eventually. Especially if he got announced for Smash Bros, that would ensure a constant popularity for Sceptile for years (but he'd need to be popular before that happens, so that doesn't help his or anybody's chances at all). I've not only been seeing Sceptile pop up all of the time in Smash speculation here, but in the posts I've made about a Pokemon newcomer on Miiverse, it appears Sceptile has become the most popular pick. Now they're mostly kids are probably supporting him for all of the wrong reasons, but it still proves he doesn't just have a cult fanbase here on SmashBoards like Bandana Dee. I see him also not just popping up in Youtube videos about Smash speculation, but now it appears his gaining more popularity throughout the Pokemon community, and is getting far more noticed than he has ever been before. I'm seeing most people saying he was their starter choice now, or that he will be possibly because they want to try a new mega (and Mega Swampert has the body of a quadruped Wario with 10x the upper body strength... bleh).
Also, I still have yet to see a roster with Blaziken. And I think he took a significant hit at E3 because Pokken fighters, a game that appeared to use Fighting Pokemon such as Lucario and Blaziken, wasn't revealed and may never happen. But if it doesn't get revealed before October, it probably won't get content. Sure, Sakurai may already know it exists, but we don't so I have a hard time considering it as helping Blaziken's chances. I really thought it would be revealed at E3.

So there you go. It's not just "muh grass type 100%"
There's a lot more to it. And I think I hit all of the points in this post. And considering everything, 27% just sounds right to me.

Want: 99.5%
He's surprisingly become one of my most wanted. In fact, I might even call him my #4 most wanted, after my top major 3. Wait... Palutena was confirmed, that's a top 2 now!
Anyways, 7 Pokemon would be ****ing awesome!

Predictions:
Gematsu Leak: 85%
Chrom: 90%
Shulk: 90%
Chorus Men: 75%

Nominations:
x0 Inkling

Yea, I thought her score was a bit too low last time, but now I agree with it.
I definitely wouldn't mind skipping an Anna re-rate seeing as we just had one, and most people don't think 4 FE characters are happening, so people usually rank the 3rd character as Chrom or Robin, meaning Chrom's boost would mean Robin's decrease, and Anna would probably stay the same. Chrom and Anna's scores aren't as related as his are to Robin and Lucina. I don't think Lucina's score will change much, but they're basically representing the same thing, so they definitely affect each other.
I agree with your conclusion, I just don't like how you call her insignificant :p
I agree Chrom and Lucina team is worth the re-rate too now that we have gotten more newcomers that were expected to be boring and generic yet were implemented interestingly- and now that we are considering what may be a trio character, I think less people will give 0s.
Although, any of these could just be nominated regularly if Groose doesn't want them to be a part of the non-Chrom Fire Emblem day.

Bandana Dee is in Rainbow Curse? Is that confirmed?
(sorry if it was very obvious in the trailer, I was too hyped to pay attention)
But I'd like to add that that Sceptile would not need both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo to be DLC to get in. I'm not talking about 7 Pokemon, even though I find that to be a possibility, but I just mean a Pokemon roster with 6, and having one or the other as DLC. I didn't add that in my post, and it might have sounded like I thought there was a 5-character limit. I was just trying to say that not only could I see either one be DLC easily, but both also is a viable option.
I'd also like to add I may be talking a lot about DLC, but I am not adding the chances of Sceptile DLC to my score, I know that's not what we're rating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom