• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Looks like this day will be funny with chance ratings lol.

Everything chances: 100 %
The leak is real. Nuff said. I personally consider those characters as 100 % confirmed, so I'll use the word "satisfaction" instead of "want".

Shulk satisfaction: 70 %
Seing Shulk in the playable roster will probably make me want to play Xenoblade more than he was an Assist Trophy for sure, and with the huge notoriety this game has his playable role seems deserved. On the other hand, gameplay-wise he looks like a Fire Emblem swordsman lord disguised with blonde hair asides from a stat-changing gimmick. I hope that he will use more special powers when we will see more of his moveset, because I thought that Shulk was able of much more than slashing.

Bowser Jr. satisfaction: 55 %
Bowser Jr. is the perfect archetype of the character I thought unable to join the playable roster because of being completely overshadowed by another character already in the playable roster. I mean, in every Mario game where Bowser Jr. appears as an important antagonist, Bowser himself appears as the main antagonist (okay maybe there are exceptions but I played Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and NSMB DS & Wii, and Bowser Jr. is nothing more than Bowser's sidekick in those games). I feel that Bowser Jr's place in the playable roster is somewhat undeserved, but at least he's very iconic, almost as well-known as his father, so I can live with him. The Clown Car idea is fun and unexpected, and the screen K.O. is hilarious with the Clown Car that makes a sad face.

Duck Hunt satisfaction: 80 %
I hated the idea of playable Duck Hunt dog at first but he's growing on me. He's really unexpected because we already have R.O.B. who represents retro Nintendo accessories, but he's iconic and his inclusion means that we will finally able to shoot this dog on an official Nintendo game, and that's hilariously awesome! Also it looks like he will use ducks as weapons, and that's hilarious as well :joyful:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Screw it. I'm abstaining on Chances for today.

DHD Want - 90%

I guess he could be kind of neat. Plus, that laugh taunt.

Bowser Jr. Want - 100%

Junior has been a favorite character of mine since Double Dash (the first Mario game I played that had him in it) and Sunshine and Galaxy made me like him even more. He's also always been my preferred choice for a Mario newcomer.

Shulk Want - 65%

I still haven't played Xenoblade, but I'm going to see if I can get it soon (preferably this coming month as my Birthday happens to be in September) so I don't know much about Shulk nor do I have any connection to him. I'd be happy for his supporters though, as he has some of the most strong, vocal and supportive fans of any character here. He's got quite a huge following, one that I'd be happy to see get their wish.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
On a totally different topic, I'm psyched for that Mario Kart DLC. 50% more tracks for only $12? Yes please.

Shulk & Bowser Jr chances: 99.99%
That leak is very very good if it's fake. Video and bunches of screens. NOA made them take it down. Nintendo employees tweeted about it (obliquely).

Duck Hunt Dog chances: 99%
However, I'm less convinced of the roster screen. Not that much less, but there's been enough jerking people around that there's a little bit of a chance that stuff from the screens only is fake, especially if it only appeared in one or two pictures. Using real info to troll people is possible. But probably that's not the case, so it's not that big of a difference.

Shulk want: 75%
That's what it was before. My satisfaction may or may not be that high though. What I saw wasn't exciting, but it was also a low level CPU player and not meant to showcase his abilities.

Bowser Jr want: 64%
This would've been lower had I not seen the Koopa Clown Car. I'm very glad that's what we're getting and not paintbrush or... even worse... Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr. He uses the Clown Car quite frequently (he uses some variation on it every time you see him in NSMBU for example), so it's fitting, gets the Koopalings in and makes for a more interesting move set, IMO.

Duck Hunt want: 55%
I'm mostly indifferent. But comparing him to other retros... I like the idea better than Ice Climbers, Takamaru, Lip and some of the others. I'm the youngest child in my family so we had the NES for my older brother. Even so, I guess I'm still a bit older than most here, so I actually played that game on an NES back in the day, and yeah, you wanted to choke that dog. But he's got personality at least and offers something different.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. and Shulk:
Chance: 100%
I'm convinced.

Duck Hunt Dog:
Chance: 99%

Highly likely, but since we lack video footage at the moment...

WANTS:

Bowser Jr.
95%

Okay, Jr. is far from my favourite character...that's an understatement, I can't stand the little jerk, but an interesting situation has reared it's head; I love the play style.

It's very interesting to me to see how some of Jr's fans are viewing the Koopa Clown Car; some seem against the idea, whilst me; a self proclaimed Jr. hater, loves the playstyle. A little weird how that turns out!

Plus ya know...I can always play as Ludwig Von Koopa instead of Jr. if the Koopaling alts turn out to be true.

Shulk
50%

Having never played Xenoblade, I've always been totally neutral on Shulk; his fanbase haven't irritated me, but they also haven't got me excited for him. He's honestly the character I'm most neutral on. The gameplay footage we saw was limited, and unlike Jr. he barely stood out to me. Time will tell whether I warm upto him or not.

Duck Hunt Dog
100%

You know how excited I was for Pac-Man? Well Duck Hunt Dog is that squared. I never thought he had a chance(especially due to all the Takamaru deservedness talk) but here we are! The most famous retro! My joint main on Super Smash Bros. Crusade is making it in!

How does he play? What's his style? I have no idea, but I couldn't be more excited to find out! Duck Hunt Dog just became my absolute favourite SSB4 newcomer, knocking even gaming's most famous star in Pac-Man.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Shulk and Bowser Jr. - 100% chance. I'm convinced at least on the videos.

and they give me no serious reason not to believe in

Duck Hunt Dog - 99% chance.

If it is all an elaborate hoax, I won't be ashamed, it was a very good one.

Shulk - Want 100%, as you can tell by my sig.
Bowser Jr. - Want 65%, because of my love for Super Mario Sunshine.
Duck Hunt Dog - Want 60%, because I think he would be very unique and deserving, but I have no attachment to Duck Hunt.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
All Chance:
ALL THE 100%'s
*Ahem* Yeah. Leak is legit.

Bowser Jr Want: 100%
I never really wanted him before the leak happened but now, I like him. I guess that has to do with the fact that he uses the clown copter to fight.

Duck Hunt Dog Want: abstain

I wasn't against him but I also wasn't for him before the leak surfaced. I'll make my full judgement when I see him in action.

Shulk Want: 100%

I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles but it looks awesome and Shulk is an awesome character.

Predictions:
all 100%'s

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog & Shulk chance: 100%

Bowser Jr want: 90% - He looks incredibly fun, I love the concept.

Duck Hunt Dog want: 50% - A bit hard to say, I'm indifferent.

Shulk want: 30% - I was indifferent before, but his moveset doesn't look very exciting at all.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Shulk

Chance - 100%
Video and pics are too convincing
Want - 50%
Meh

Bowser Jr

Chance - 100%
Same with Shulk
Want - 90%

Duck Hunt Dog

Chance - 99%
Though we didn't see gameplay footage of him, the render looks convincing enough (plus the roster leak was correct when they had indicated Bowser Jr. and Shulk being in)
Want - 100%
I've given him a 100% want when we first rated him, and it still holds true today.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Chances - 0%

Never ever ever ever going to happen. You all must be going delirious from toxic fumes, I'd get somebody out to look at your pipes.

Seriously though I'm 100% on Shulk and Bowser Jr., then about 97% on the other newcomers.

Shulk want - 100%
Bowser Jr. want - 15% (I might be a little biased from seeing some gameplay footage, otherwise it probably would have been 0%)
Duck Hunt Dog want - 50% (Seems like a fun novelty)

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Abstaining on Chance for Bowser Jr., because his is the only one that I can't be unbiased and objective about.

Shulk (Xenoblade) as a Playable Newcomer

Chance: 100% - Shulk never even needed a leak for people to know that he's getting in. I mean, it's good evidence that he's in regardless, but Xenoblade being one of the biggest games on the Wii post-Brawl, and with a whole movement just to double check that it was being localized, it wasn't necessary.
Want: 100% - Never mind liking what I saw of his gameplay, I really wanted him for being a sword user that doesn't just use it to hit people, as seen from the mode change and the other powers he has.

Bowser Jr. (Mario) as a Playable Newcomer
Want: 96% - My only complaint is it seemed kinda weird to have both Rosalina AND Bowser Jr. for Mario newcomers, especially when it took spur-of-the-moment thinking just to get Lucina as a character instead of only a costume. Beyond that, his moveset is the one I always thought he should have; Not a Bowser clone, not restricted to the paintbrush as if Sunshine was the only game he was ever in, and instead using the Clown Car as a trap and mayhem character. Always sitting in the Car instead of just bringing it out for certain moves is weird though, never expected Bowser Jr. of all characters to be the first to use a mounted playstyle.

The Dog (Duck Hunt) as a Playable Newcomer
Chance: 84% - There is still the faintest chance that the pics are fake, considering that the videos only showed Shulk and Bowser Jr. Still, the Duck Hunt Animals seem like the perfect candidate for this game's choice of quirky retro character, like Ice Climbers, Pit and ROB before them. It helps that the ducks themselves were apparently considered for ATs back when that was still on the table for Melee.
Want: 100% - Duck Hunt is something i've wanted repped in Smash for a while, and though the Famicom Medley in Brawl having a Duck Hunt jingle in it was good enough for me on that front at the time, the idea of this leak saying that the Animals have a good chance of actually getting a place on the character roster kicked it into overdrive.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Shulk & Bowser Jr chances: 100%
NOA strikes prove these guys are real.

Duck Hunt Dog chances: 98%
Could still be fake, but doubt it.

Shulk want: Abstain
While I've seen some of his moves, I'd like to see his moveset in full. From what's been shown, his moveset seems kinda bland for the times being.

Bowser Jr want: 100%
I wasn't too excited for the more likely Paintbrush & Shadow Mario ideas, but seeing him in his Koopa Car has me all giddy and excited. Such an original idea.

Duck Hunt want: 80%
I'm a massive fan of the retro reps that get put into Smash. Pac-Man and Mega Man are mostly retro, R.O.B. was probably my favorite character to play as in Brawl and the Ice Climbers/Mr Game & Watch were just awesome and unique (although I always found Pit to be a bit boring). So I'm very excited to see how they can take the blank slate that is Duck Hunt and, like they did with R.O.B., make him a very interesting, original character. The missing 20% comes from the possibility that he could just have a sucky moveset.

(Although how about the Nintendo Mini Games Kangaroo next time)

zon770

Smash Rookie
Shulk
Want: 50%
Never played/watched Xenoblade: Chronicles, so I don't know how he would play.

Bowser Jr.
Chance: 95%
Want: 100%
Ever since I played Mario Sunshine I adored him and his paintbrush. Sadly, he is in the Koopa Car this time around.

DHD
Chance: 80%
Want: abstain

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
All 100s for chance.

Want:
Bowser JR: 100%
He looks really fun to play as. Also, tongue down attack.

Shulk: 95%
Even if so that I can spam the daylights out of that down smash.:troll:

DHD: 10%
I've never liked him, and there's no footage to judge their playstyle.

SmashHypeTrain

Smash Rookie
All of them are pretty much already confirmed, the leak is real.

Duck Hunt Dog 100%, I really want to just play as that Dog though.
Sakurai said Wii Fit trainer wasn't the joke character in this smash, and I believe Duck Hunt Dog is the one now.

Bowser Jr. 100%, I said he was going to come in when I made my predictions, though I did give up hope for a while until the leak.
I originaly thought they would have given him the Paint Brush, but the Koopa Car is more creative and gives us something different.

Shulk 100%, Really this was no surprise with Xenoblade doing so good. It's good to see him in, I think they could have made a better moveset for him, (From what I've seen in the videos.) but he looks pretty good.

I don't believe this leaked roster had unlockable characters, so I'm also expecting to get some unnanouced characters to fill in the roster gaps. Like what one of the side leakers who is not official yet said Dixie, Mew-two, Choir Boys, and lastly Ridley.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Shulk

Chance - 100% - Yeah, taking down the video is pretty much a confirmation.

Want - 50% - Still don't care for him.

Bowser Jr.

Chance - 100% - See Shulk.

Want - 50% - On one hand, he looks fun to play as, on the other I'm feeling Mario saturation.

Duck Hunt Dog

Chance - 95% - I'm somewhat skeptical of all parts of the leak that don't have footage, but otherwise it looks solid.

Want - 40% - Would have been better as an Assist Trophy, to be honest.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr
Footage

Satisfaction/Want: 98%
At first I wasn't his biggest fan, and I still don't like the idea of so many Mario characters, but the fighting in the Clown Car gimmick is really awesome, and seeing him in action has got me really excited for him. And with so many characters from Mario, that opens the door to more Pokemon characters (Mewtwo pls)

Shulk
Footage

Satisfaction/Want: 60%
I know he's got a lot of supporters, and I'm very happy for them, but as someone who has never played the game, I'm not too excited for him. He didn't really look all that special in the video of him we saw, but we didn't get as good of a look as him as we did for Bowser Jr

Duck Hunt Dog
1% off only because there's no footage of him

Satisfaction/Want: 100%
I can't WAIT to see how he'll work. I'm sure he'll be an awesome addition who's unique. Duck Hunt honestly deserves to be in this game, the Duck Hunt + Super Mario Bros Cartridge on the NES is one of the most sold games of all time.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. and Shulk
Chance: 99.9%

These vids ain't fake.

DHD:
Could be messing with information.

Want/Satisfaction
B Jr.: 100%
I love the guy.
My first DS game was NSMB and I played it till it turned purple and almost every other game I played after featured him.
My most wanted since speculation began.

I did want him like in NSMB though, running around on his own with normals reminiscent of Bowser.
At least it's better than the paint brush (I would've given that part to a Shadow Mario transformation until these were deconfirmed.)
And it's better than Rosalina, who only uses Galaxy Kicks.

But still, the selfsih Koopa Prince is in and he brings his buddies. (Which is great too, now I have 7 more mains)

Shulk: 25%
A playstyle even Sakurai can't make exciting slapped on a character that feels as filler as much as Dark Pit to me.
But he gets the benefit of doubt, since his trailer/moveset isn't shown yet.

DHD: Abstain
We have no idea of his moveset or appearance in the slightest, so I can't give him a want rating when we don't even know if he's a regular cute dog who does cute dog things, like pawing, or it's the LOL'ing jerk we all wanted to shoot down?
(This reminds me of the Duck Hunt microgame I made in WarioWare DIY)

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
All of these characters today would be AWESOME, especially Duck Hunt Dog.

Chance- 99.99999999999999999999999999% for pretty much all three
Want: 100%
This game is gonna RAWK

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
First off, I believe there is a small chance that the leak is fake.

Bowser Jr:
Chance: 95% Brawl hack?
Want: 15% Ugh, I don't like him in the Clown Car or by himself. Why did he get in?

Shulk:
Chance: 95% Brawl hack?
Want: 65% I'm happy for his fans, but I don't have any attachment to him.

Duck Hunt:
Chance: 85% The roster could be fake, but the pictures are real.
Want: 95% He seems unique and hilarious. He's not my favorite, but I like his inclusion.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
That video is not faked. Period. The only one not shown is DHD, but it fits with the rest of the leak so I have no doubts.

Want:
DHD: 75% Seems really interesting. Smash has always had a history of pulling out weird characters who end up being fun. I'm in
Bowser Jr.: 75% I like theclown car thing. Looks a bit odd - it looks like they're fighting a giant egg - but I could get used to it. Also, I hope the rumor aboutthe Koopalingsas alts is also true
Shulk: 50% Meh, don't really know him, but don't dislike him.​

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Duck Hunt Dog & Ducks:
Chance: 100% - at this point the leak is irrefutably real.
Want: 45% - I used to strongly oppose DHD, but he's kinda grown on me. Now Mach Rider is a different story and I hope he (she?) doesn't make it in....

Shulk: Double 100s - hell yes.

Bowser Jr.
Want: ehhh 50%.

It seems a character I wanted rated (Fiora) won't be able to be, as well as a song ("Captain Falcon's theme"). I'm kinda hoping the latter can still be put in the Music Section as an I guess honorable mention once the game ends.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Duck Hunt Dog Chance and Bowser Jr. Chance: 100% Before the Ninka_Kiwi leak had spread throughout the public, hardly anyone was considering Duck Hunt Dog as the main competitor for the retro spot. He extremely iconic in the Nintendo company, weirdly known for his game being packaged with Super Mario Bros., and remembered for his evil quirky laugh. Despite those good points benefiting DHD, he was pretty much ignored in Smash 4 speculation, stepped over by the feets of Takamaru, (arguably) Little Mac, and Lip. Soon after Little Mac was revealed, everyone pretty much came to an unreasonable conclusion that Little Mac was the only retro in the roster, and everyone (in my point of view) was removing Takamaru and Lip from their rosters, many people began to lose hope.

Similar problems came to Bowser Jr., many started to lose hope after Rosalina's reveal. Very few thought that a 6th Mario character was happening, and bias against him was still pretty high. The paintbrush move-set concept only made some people fade away from him. Generally, the majority ignored Bowser Jr.'s importance to the Mario Bros. series, as he is an important character in the currently running NSMB series.

That wasn't until the Ninka leak first popped up June 21, 2014:
So I got more info...
Unless my friend is pulling my leg, there's some pretty crazy crap left to be revealed.

-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut
-Doctor Mario is back as a clone
-Dark Pit is a newcomer as a clone
-Each character gets 8 alternate costumes, whether they be pallet swaps or new costumes.
-Alph appears as 4 of Olimar's costumes, while the other 4 are Olimar's.
-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts.
-Duck Hunt is in... from what I've been told it's the duck hunt dog fighting with ducks on his back who assist for certain attacks...

*Edit more info
-Shulk has like 5 different mode swaps
-Bowser Jr rides in a koopa kart that attacks with cannon balls and boxing gloves and stuff that eject from the clowns mouth.

note* The kart sounds more like the koopa clown car to me as I read it.

Now I'm not even sure from this stuff so take it with a grain of salt, but my friend recently quit as a tester due to family reasons, so if he decided he no longer cares what leaks, I could see why he'd tell me.
He was also unclear to me as to if that is the rest of the roster so also be wary.
Nobody believed it at first, but as a whole month went by, a very convincing album of photos popped up containing Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog in the roster leak. The models were arguably the most clean, sharpest models of them yet, which many people began to believe. And 6 days after the leak popped up, there was actual footage of Bowser Jr. and Shulk popping up on YouTube. Everyone immediately believed that every newcomer that was in the leak was in the final build of the game. I'm really glad that Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog are now being like by some of the members here in Smashboards, and I'm happy to say they are shoo-ins.

Shulk Chance: 100% The leak officially makes this an automatic 100%. I've said my dues about Shulk before plenty of times in this thread. So I feel that another room of paragraphs about him isn't that necessary.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shulk Want - 100%
Shulk rose to my most wanted easily in these past few months, and watching let's plays and seeing Brawler's gigantic posts each month or so helped. And that music, my god. No brainer.
Aww! I'm glad that I contributed to your want for Shulk! I'm flattered! Thank you!

Onto the ratings... well, first a duel rating.
Shulk AND Bowser Jr.
Chance AND Want: 100%

Let's start with Chance.
I believe that the leaks are real. I have never seen anything so elaborate before with Shulk and Bowser Jr. and I highly doubt that these are Brawl mods. The mods that I know of for Shulk have him over Ike and have him use the Monado at all times while mods for Bowser Jr. merely make him a clone or a simple texture without even taking into account the Koopa Clown Car. I don't think that anyone got this creative with their movesets. Heck, not a single moveset for Shulk prior to the leaks have even had the Monado modes.
The physics also look pretty different, Ganondorf's animations look more fluid than in Brawl, and if this was a Brawl hack, then I can't imagine the coding that went into creating Shulk's victory pose, re-creating the victory screen, and having Smash 4's screen KOs for when Bowser Jr. got screen KO'd. Also, the video cuts straight to Yoshi in Home Run Contest, showing even further that this is indeed a video shown to the ESRB.
Now... I want to focus on the more minor details that I feel help the leak. It might also contain some spoilers if you aren't following the images here.
This is a leaked image of Spectator Mode:

Now here is the Pic of the Day of it:

They look pretty similar... don't they?

This is a leaked image of the Challenges:

Which today's Pic of the Day looks very similar to...

The leaker must have also went out of his way if he really wanted to fake everybody.

This leaked image of the Devil Car from the Mother series in Smash Run doesn't have a model at all, just 2D sprites.
What also seals the deal for me are the trophies.

This model of Tharja doesn't exist anywhere to my knowledge and there are plenty of details that the leak covers. If this was truly a Brawl hack made to mess with anyone, then someone must have went all the way just to screw with us.

Finally, Wario.
The original image from the leak:

Wario's model from the leak:

This image of Wario goes hand in hand with the image shown in the character select screen. There are no contradictions here.

So yes, I believe the leaks for Shulk and Bowser Jr. are real; the accompanying videos and images support its validity.

As for want...
Shulk: My most wanted newcomer. My third favorite video game character of all-time. He's in. He's finally playable! It's a dream come true! I am in the minority when I say that I do like his moveset and I am intrigued by the Monado modes. I can't say that it's fair to judge Shulk on what we've seen thus far. The CPU was doing an absolutely terrible job in battle and we haven't seen his whole moveset yet! Don't call him a Marth clone because Air Slash is similar to Dolphin Slash or their Up Smashes look somewhat similar! Give it some time! If I have to nitpick, it would be that Shulk doesn't use the Monado at all times. But, again, that's a nitpick. Overall, this was a major victory for Shulk. This was practically his only chance of getting in Smash since Xenoblade will have different protagonists... and here he is in Smash. This was just an incredible day for me and I can't wait to play as him. I can't thank you enough for what you did, Sakurai!
Bowser Jr.: Oh Jr., I lost all hope for you after when Rosalina was shown. When I saw him in the leak, I didn't believe it. The Koopa Clown Car? How will that work? And isn't this considered overkill for the Mario characters? (not that I care really) Seeing him in action as well as the Koopa Clown Car was amazing and he is by far one of the most interesting newcomers. It is like another dream come true, a dream that I held onto since Brawl (he was my most wanted newcomer then; I was upset when he didn't make it in). I just hope that the Koopalings thing isn't real; sure, it's convenient for the people who don't like Jr., but now it's like you are controlling the Koopa Clown Car rather than Bowser Jr. I can't wait to play as him too and I am absolutely glad that he made it in. Thank you, Sakurai!

Duck Hunt Dog
Chance:
100%

I think that he's in purely on the basis of the leak.
I really don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Bowser Jr.:
Chance: 65% - Alright I'm gonna say it; I still don't know if the leak is true. Even a video as cool as that could still be faked. That said the leak improves his chances drastically.
Want: 100% - He looks pretty awesome in that vid. Gimme Ice Climbers and Mewtwo as well and you'll give me 100% roster satisfaction (aside from lack of Takamaru...)

Shulk:
Chance: 100% - He already had a big chance and the leak boosts it up to shoe-in status.
Want: 100% - He looks awesome.

Duck Hunt Dog:
Chance: 45% - The lowest of the three. I don't consider him a shoe-in; but the leak boosts him pretty high. Still, he's the most controversial and hard-to-believe of them all. (Aside from Dark Pit - I didn't get the chance to see his part of the vid.)
Want: 100% - Again, awesome. Add in those characters I listed above and I'll be happy.

I'd like to take a moment to also say I believe there are 4 characters not unlocked yet from the leak f it's real: Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, and 2 of these 4: RH Rep/Lucas/Wolf/Dixie Kong.

@ Groose Groose - Are there no more nominations? Is this the games Final Day?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Duck Hunt Dog:
Want: 30%

Bowser Jr.:
Want: 90%

Shulk:
Want: 0%

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
All chances 99%

Duck Hunt Dog
Want: 75%
At first I was like WTH
Then he looked like your typical G&W and ROB :3

Shulk
Want: 90%
Heck yeah

Bowser Jr.
80%
Interesting moveset
First one that actually involves mainly a vehicle (other than Wario's bike)

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Duck Hunt Dog
Chance:100% (obvs)
I much rather would've seen the return of snake, wolf, lucas, or icies than him, but he isn't the worst in the world.

Bowser Jr.
Want: 30%
I always hated his character in sunshine and all concurrent games, he isn't looking too bad here, but he's certain to be a punching bag when the game comes out.

Shulk
Chance 100%
Want 100%
Absolutely love the guy, it seems so unreal seeing him in smash, after all this time...

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Shulk
Want: 75%
Bowser Jr
DHD
Chance: 90% (The footage is pretty much confirmed but there is still a small chance that the leak is not 100% true)

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Chance for all three: 95%
need I say more?

Shulk
94% want
I've really wanted this guy in. I love Xenoblade and he'll make a fantastic addition to the roster.

Bowser Jr.
90% want
I wanted Shulk slightly more, but I do quite like Jr. He deserved the slot more than Rosalina, so I'm glad they're both in, not just her. Though I like her too.

Duck Hunt Dog
27% want
Eh. I used to have more of a problem with him, but joke characters can be cool. Still don't care about him.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Can I just take a moment to say...

I told you guys Duck Hunt Dog would be playable!

Shulk
Want: 10% - He looks like he's probably a mix of Marth, Link and Roy. *Snore* I'm mad everyone said he'd be original.

Bowser Jr.
Want: 60% - Yeah I love Bowser Jr. But they way he will probably play looks terrible and the idea of the Koopalings in Smash makes me want to puke

Duck Hunt Dog
Chance: 80%
Want- 90% - I knew he'd get it and I'm glad that he's probably playable.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well it would be cool if the chances noms aren't really taken into account since we aren't predicting anymore all those characters are defenitely and without doubt in the game.

Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk and Bowser Jr 100% chance

Individual wants:
Duck Hunt Dog: 80% one of the few things in the leak that actually is cool
Shulk: 100% the real saving factor in the remaing characters
Bowser Jr. 30% seems cool and original so at least he has that of the original characters revealed he is my least favorite. I am still doubting the Koopalings part since their height and weight (and crazy hair) could alter the properties or not.

Nominations
Isabelle DLC in Mario Kart 8 x 5 yes please!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
This Round - Abstain
Tomorrow's Round - Also Abstain

I really don't see why we're bothering. I could give 100%s all around but that's colored by the fact that we already know they're in the game and doesn't really reflect their true chances to have made the roster. Seems to miss the whole point of rating, y'know? I guess I'll see y'all in a couple rounds when we rate some characters/concepts that aren't already locked in.
Want For Everyone - Even More Abstain - My want ratings would be absurdly biased right now, based on minimal gameplay footage, excluded characters, and so on. I'll be happy to give satisfaction ratings once we get official reveals/the game releases, but now's a bad time.

(Apologies, the salt is really sinking in today.)

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Das confirmed, fool.
If you don't get a joke you are the fool, we aren't even familiar with each other so don't take the liberty to use words like that like if we were friends. I know I am overreacting but since I don't refer to people with such words I expect the same from everyone else to me, for you it might be intended to be a funny response, other people might not take it in the same way remember writting in a forum isn't the same as talking face to face so your intentions might not be that clear. So in the future abstain for using such adjetives at least if you are writting to me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Everyone Chance: 99.9%
The leak is pretty much confirmed to be real. The guy is getting sued. Nintendo wouldn't sue someone for making a fake leak.

Everyone Want: 100%
Coincidentally, these were all some of my most wanted characters. I really wanted these guys, and I'm glad all of them got in.

EDIT: I'll add nominations and predictions later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom