• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Cia- 0.05%
Want- 10%

4+ 3rd Parties- 15%, Should be lower but MGS composer
Want- 80%, They're exciting

Groose Representin'- 75%
Want- 100%

Balance Patches- 28.7%
DQ Representation- 17.4%
Sonic 3DS stage- 32.6%

City Trial Stage x5

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Easy first!
Cia: 0% Chance, 0% Want
For obvious reasons

Groose Representation: 100%
Well, duh. 3DS version alone will have more trophies then Brawl. He's gonna be a trophy at the very least. And hey, you never know, he could be playable XD

Want: 100%
Groose is love. Groose is life.

Moar 3rd parties!
Incoming giant post! I nominated this for a reason!

Chance: Need help with maths!

Lets split this up, shall we? But before I do:

This. Means. Absolutely. Nothing.

A) Companies only have to be credited on the boxart if their characters appear on the boxart. Otherwise Ness and Lucas would be disconfirmed here and now.

B) No other 3rd parties with the 3 confirmed also means absolutely nothing. Simply means they won't be announced. Sacrilege, you may cry, but I'd bet cash you were also saying 3rd party trophies could not exist until Rayman was revealed. Sakurai doesn't follow the "patterns" we try to pass off as fact. -_-

Anyways, lets break this down!
Snake: Chance: 75%
I think Snake has a good shot of returning. He's a unique veteran character, and the only thing that really got him into Brawl, Sakurai and Kojima being friends, and Kojima wanting him in, is still around:
“I’m not working on that game, but I don’t think it’s likely. If Mr. Sakurai is watching this, hopefully we see Snake.”
Really. You don't know anything about it, haven't talked to Sakurai even a bit about having Snake return, even though you still want him to return?
:joyful:
Plus there was the whole thing with the Raiden voice actor, who claimed he voiced Raiden in Smash Bros. He backed off claiming he was talking about Playstation AllStars, which I would believe if he had actually voiced him in AllStars. Yes, I know he claimed he did the motion capture work for Raiden, but A) There is conveniently no way of proving that, and B) there is a really big difference between voicing and motion capture, I highly doubt someone could screw that up. 2 crossover fighting games, sure, but not this.

Rayman: Chance: 20%
Yeah, I rated this to the top for an excuse to talk about Rayman. Sue me if you want to, he's my most wanted character.

So, why Rayman? 3 reasons:

1: He has 2 different trophies, plain and simple.

2: A while back, there was an interview with Rayman's creator:

"GZ: This is probably the most important question I have to ask: Can Rayman kick Mario's @$$?

MA: Uh, maybe we'll have the answer very soon. (laughs)"

3. The manager for Communications, Marketing and Partnerships at Nintendo of Canada (I.E. somebody who could have knowledge of this) directly mentions Rayman when talking about other 3rd party characters. Nintendo quickly covered up for him saying that he was referring to Rayman's recent trophy reveal, but mistaking a trophy for a character is about as stupid in my eyes as mistaking voice work for motion capture :p

Other 3rd party characters: 10%

Sakurai has said, in regards to third party characters, that the character must be a "big deal" in order for them to be included. People take that whichever way they want to, but until Sakurai specifies what he means by that and closes the doors to any more 3rd parties, there are still 3rd party characters who could be in the running. A Konami character to replace Snake (Simon, Bomberman), a different Ubisoft character, a second Namco/Sega/Capcom character, a Square Enix character, and more! Most of these aren't terribly likely, but not having much of a chance =/= no chance at all.

So, math help please! I give:
Snake: 75% chance
Rayman: 20% chance
Other: 10% chance

I don't know the math to calculate the chances of getting one or more out of that list based on these percentages.

Oh, and want: 100%

I love 3rd parties. They create situations that people never thought could be done in the gaming world, giant company mascots duking it out in the same game. I love Nintendo, but I like characters from other games to, and I love and would love to see them in Smash Bros:

Also:
/
I would literally start crying tears of joy if this happened

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose Representation: 95% chance and 100% want
He won't get more than a trophy. Still, that trophy is almost guaranteed, and I can't wait for it to be there.

Four or More Third Parties: 55% chance and 50% want
I still believe Snake is in the game. My want depends on the third-party in question, but I feel Snake is by far the most likely, and I'm neutral on his inclusion.

Cia: 0.01% chance and 0% want
Take everything I said about Lana yesterday, and factor in that I actually dislike her design. I have no further comment.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Something of note is that SSB4 has Nobuko Toda (FILM SCORE LLC) credited in the music section of the official site, with "Metal Gear Solid 4" (and "TIME SCOOP HUNTER") under his "Main Compositions".

Some composers for Taito (a subsidiary of Square Enix) are also credited.
Wasn't Nobuo Uematsu part of Brawl's team of composers? I don't think it means anything, to be honest.

Four or More Third Party Characters
Chance: 20%

There's been a lot of heavy promotion about Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man all being in. With this huge focus on the three of them, and on the box art, no less, what are the odds of a fourth character from outside Nintendo getting in without being promoted as such a big deal?

I guess I could kind of see Snake sneaking in at the last minute (complete with obligatory "Kept ya waiting, huh?"), but beyond a gimmick like that, I just don't see it. It'd be a huge surprise, but from a marketing standpoint Nintendo would really be shooting themselves in the foot...which is why I think it's so unlikely.

Want: 25%

A reworked Snake or Simon Belmont or someone unexpected could turn out awesome, but I'm okay with the three we have.

Groose Representation
Chance: 90%

He's a well known character from the latest Zelda who plays a prominent role in some key points of the game. Despite being an ass early on, he goes through some significant character development, to where he's also pretty well liked for the person he grows into being. Because of both reasons, it'd be really surprising to see him not be in SSB4 in some form.

I mean, we're talking any kind of representation whatsoever here. He could easily be a trophy or a background element in the Skyloft stage...or maybe even an AT.

Want: 80%

Hey, I was impressed by how much he changed by the end of Skyward Sword. I'd be pretty shocked and a little disappointed if he didn't show up somehow...but even still, his absence wouldn't leave me feeling like the games were missing something.

Cia
Chance:
-Main Roster: 0.5%
-As DLC: 2%

How fitting that Cia has all the problems her counterpart Lana does. She's an original character from a spinoff game that was developed alongside SSB4. She may not even be considered canon, much less important enough to the Zelda franchise to be in Smash. Add on the fact that, unlike Lana, she's not even playable and doesn't have multiple weapons to draw a moveset from, and it isn't looking good for her.

Want: 10%

...I guess she'd mean another villain was in? I don't care much for her at this point, but it could change whenever I get to play Hyrule Warriors or if she shows up in other Zelda games.

Predictions
Balance Patches: 56.75%
Dragon Quest Representation: 2.13%
3DS Sonic Stage other than Green Hill Zone: 23.25%

Nominations
Sceptile Rerate x5

If any Sceptile supporters are here posting or lurking, lend me your aid.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Groose representation:
Chance: 99%
He's the breakout character of Skyward Sword and a general favorite among Zelda fans. I'd be shocked if he didn't appear in the game in some shape or form.

Cia:
Chance: 0%
Want: 20%
Unlike Lana, whom could be considered the face of Hyrule Warriors, Cia hasn't been nearly as marketed for the title and she shares her villain role with several other characters in the spinoff game. There's a much, much higher chance of seeing Toon Ganondorf, Pig Ganon, any of the currently confirmed Zelda villain ATs getting promoted, or even Vaati as a playable Zelda villain before she ever gets considered for Smash. That said, she does sound like an interesting character from what I've read so far.

4+ 3rd parties:
Chance: 10%
Want 0%
The chance for Snake' s return is still there even if it's looking extremely grim for him. I'm not a fan of 3rd parties in Smash myself though.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Cia:
Chances: 0%
Want: 0%

Groose: 50%
Might be more popular online than at Nintendo. I have no idea though.
If you don't want Groose in the game, you are groosin' for a bruisin'.

More Third Parties: 5%
I thinks its snake or nothing else.
Still some great third parties out there like Square Enix.

Noms:
Use your own robin/villager x 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Groose representation: Chance and Want: 100%
Brawl really had a good number of Twilight Princess trophies, and I expect the same for Skyward Sword this time. That means Groose should be in.

As for want, Groose is a great character and a great user. :p So yes.

Cia: Chance and Want: 0%
Along with this possibly being a Geno situation, not particularly fond of the Black witch.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Groose Representation:
Double 100s. First time I've ever done this, and maybe the list, but the man is getting a trophy.

Cia:
Double Zeroes.

4+ third parties:
10% chance, I have very low hopes for Snake, and abysmal hopes for anyone else.
60% want, but it depends on who it is.

predict:
Balance Patches 50%
Dragon Quest rep 4%
Another 3DS Sonic stage 20%

Nominate:
Tetra and Toon Zelda Rerate x5

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cia
Chance: 0% too new and I only realised yesterday that it was basically Geno all over again
Want: 60% I'm kinda interested in how a Musou charcter could fit in
4+ 3rd party
Chance:0% Sakurai stated he didn't really want any more 3rd parties
DLC 4th 3rd party(Snake) chance: 70% Kojima wants him back and openly requested him in public, Kojima is a good friend of Sakurai
Want: It really depends who it is, so abstain
EDIT: Forgot Groose!
Chance: 100% I'm certain he will at least be a trophy
Want: 90% Groose is loose

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Groose Representation

Chance - 97.5% - At least getting a trophy, most likely.

Want - 75% - Eh. Why not?

Cia - Double Zeros. Way too new.

4+ 3rd parties

Chance - 50% - Entirely dependent on the coin-flip that is Snake.

Want - 80% - I can let Snake go, but man it's going to hurt.

Predictions

Balance Patches - 54.45% - Overall mild optimism.

Dragon Quest Representation - 2.14% - Who can say?

Non-Green Hill Zone Stage - 20.53% - Eh, dunno.

Nominations

"Moonstruck Blossom" X5

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I'm gonna abstain from everything else, including nominations, but at the very least, I wanted to rate this:

Representation for Groose (Zelda)
Chance: 100%
THIS. WILL. HAPPEN. GROOSE ISN'T JUST LOOSE, HE IS THE LOOSEST!

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Groose rep
Chance: 80%
Want: 50%

4+ third parties
Chance: 40%

Cia:
0% - 0%

Predictions
Balance Patches: 11%
A Sonic stage without Green Hills: 57%
Dragon Quest rep: 1%

Nominations: SSB4 outsells Brawl x5

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Cia
Chance: 0%
Groose representation
Chance: 100%
4 or more 3rd parties
Want: 20%
Nomination
Dark Pit as Stage Boss x5

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Groose being loose
chance:95% I doubt he won't get a trophy or his theme.
want: 100% let the groose loose.

4 or more 3rd parties
chance:30% The only hope is for another smash direct.
want:100% It breaks my heart to rate it so low in chance. Snake is probably my favorite addition to the smash series.

Cia
chance: 0.5%
want: 5% Impa, Groose, and a lot of disconfirmed characters deserve a spot more.

non-playable character becoming playable via DLC x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Cia: 0% / 0%
Lana again, but without even the potential for an AT in Sma5h... We already have Samus for boobs, so she doesn't even interest me as a support character like Lana does.

Groose Rep: 80%
I'm actually decently pessimistic about this one. Yes there are going to be lots of trophies, but there are also lots of games to get trophies of in, and given that they seem to have more sideline games with trophies (Wonderful 101, and Rayman of all things) I'm thinking we might have fewer Skyward Sword trophies than some are expecting, especially as we'll probably be keeping a bunch of Twilight Princess trophies given the player character's designs.

That said Groose is way up there in the Skyward Sword trophy department, so he's likely to get in, and I think his Theme even has a good shot too.

I'd be extremely happy when I unlocked him just because of our wonderful games master.

More 3rd parties: 16.5%

1% Snake
There's no reason to believe he's back, and Konami have still not made any ammends.

15% Rayman
I find it odd that the head of collaborations mentioned him when talking about new characters, and the fact that they haven't actually deconfirmed him (yes he said he was talking about the trophy, but he never said he's not playable), but he is a trophy, and he'll likely either stay that way, or at best be an AT like phosphora is.

0.5% other surprise
I don't see it at this point, KT and SE are the only people I'd give any chance to at this stage, but with SE doing their own streaming thing, even the small chance of a Dragon Quest Direct seems to have dissapeared.

Want: 60%
It's all about who. I would be happy about Rayman at this stage, as I think it's a bit of a waste to have him non-playable if he's in, but not extatic... I wouldn't mind Snake coming back, but I'd prefer him gone... And Slime is my number one most wanted character in Smash Bros! In balance I think it's mostly a positive on the characters that have any chance.

Balance Patches: 65.65%
Given how **** Brawl was I think people are very pessimistic about the quality of this game.

Dagon Questing: 8.31%
We don't know what's going on with Rayman at this point, so it's confusing, but that fact that DQ was published by Nintendo here, and not in Japan makes me expect that whatever loophole got Ubisoft into the game won't be there for Square Enix.

Sonic Stages: 16.1%
The Leak and general pessimism.

Anyways time for nominations and I want to try something that I don't think will make it, but I'd like your help trying to get up!

We're still playing SSB4 when SSB5 speculation starts.*5

It didn't happen this time, we all reverted to Melee long ago, and Project M only made things worse. In fact with P:M probably getting better from here on out, and getting it's own new characters (dat Ridley if the leak is true and he's not playable in SSB4) I can see this game having even more competition, and honestly the game being split between consoles makes it look like neither one has enough content to keep people interested all that long... I personally think people will drop it worse than Brawl tbh, but I want to see how others feel.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wasn't Nobuo Uematsu part of Brawl's team of composers? I don't think it means anything, to be honest.
It probably doesn't, but it's still something of note.

Groose Representation:

Chance: 88%
Very likely, but not quite guaranteed since stickers aren't confirmed to be back yet.

Want: 90%
Duh.

4+ Third Parties:

It's still very possible that we're getting Snake...just not terribly likely.

Want: 70%
I do not care about Snake...But others do, so I'd rather see him than not. Plus, Pac-Man vs. Snake would be a once in a lifetime thing.

Cia:

Chance: .02%
Too new, too...mature, too much competition.

No.

Predictions:
Balance Patches: 48.13%
Dragon Quest Representation: 33.12%

Nominations: x5 Impa

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Groose
Chance: 95%
Want: 50%
He's definitely a prime candidate for a trophy due to how they pushed SS. He's also got his unique design and pretty decent fanbase for a one-timer. I wouldn't really be fussed one way or the other, but bet he'll at least get a trophy
Cia
Double zeroes.
See all the arguments for Lana yesterday. They still hold.
Third Parties
Want: 40%
I've got enough first-parites on my want list (Mewtwo, Ridley, K.Rool) to worry about Snake or someone else. Wasn't really a fan of Snake in the first place since his FS in Brawl was way too hard to avoid. But I'm still hoping the leak's not true.
Or I could make the argument that no other 3rd party will get in since they weren't in Kid Icarus Uprising, and thus have no chance.:joyful:
Predictions:
Balance Patches: 63.3%
Dragon Quest: 1.25%
(Are we doing Sonic too? Some people have it, some don't): 12.5%
Nominations:
HW Ganon (awesome new moveset) x3
DLC making NPCs playable x2​

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Extra nominations will come later.

Cia: Double Zeroes - Not going to even explain this one.

Groose Representation: Double 100% - Congrats Groose, you have received my first (and likely only) 100% in chance. Yeah, I think he's guaranteed a trophy and there's no reason for him to not get one.

Four or More Third Parties: 40% - As I've said before, I don't think we're getting one, but it's still possible. Snake's not out yet and Professor Layton, Dragon Quest, Bomberman, and Castlevania all have small shots of getting a character.
Want: 50% - It entirely depends on who it is.

Duck Hunt Dog x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
4+ Third Party Characters: 15% Because Snake.

Groose Representation: 99% At least a trophy (or sticker if those are back).

Cia: 1%
Want: 25%

x5 Duck Hunt Dog

(I can't believe that I had time to post today!)

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
They were already rated. We're currently on Groose Representation (being represented in any way), 4 or more 3rd Parties, and Cia.
Whoops! I guess I was super duper late on that one… Thanks for the heads up. Even if they didn't contribute to the scores, I'm at least glad I got to throw in my two cents.

Anyway

Groose Representation:

Double 100s

It seems almost guaranteed that he'd receive a trophy in this game. But it would also be cool if he could be hanging out in Skyloft somewhere.

Also, on my want score, I haven't even played Skyward Sword, but I love Groose.

Cia:

Double 0s

See all arguments about Hyrule Warriors representation in Smash ever.

Four or More Third Parties:

So… Snake, then?

It's not going to be anyone but Snake. It just isn't. I'd love for it to be, but it won't. Plus, Snake's famous phrase "Kept you waiting, huh?" would make it perfect for him to have a late reveal. I honestly think it's somewhat up in the air at this point, and we'll just have to wait and see.

Chance: 50%
Want: 80%

Yay! My nomination is finally getting rated tomorrow! Now I can try to haphazardly nominate something else as quickly as possible, although at least I'll have help this time around.

5 nominations for Bowser Jr Rerate

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Groose rep
Chance
: 100% guaranted trophy
Want: 100% more trophies why not?

Snake rerate in disguise and other pipe dreams
Chance
: 15%
This is an optimistic score for him or any 3rd parties remaining, Snake is the only realistic option for 3rd parties everything else is just fans pipe dreaming.

Want: 1%
Ok for one I really like Snake IN his series, always found him unfitting for Smash I don't know why all Pacman, Megaman and Sonic somehow merge well with the rest of Nintendo characters, but for Snake he seems out of place. The fact that Konami push brand NEW games in other consoles not Nintendo, I just can't see why Konami neglecting Nintendo would be paid by having Snake back in the game. "Yeah we barely support you Nintendo but Snake is IN right"? We have to deal or conform with second shot remakes.

Some people always use the "Kojima and Sakurai are friends" card to increases the chances of Snake. But last time I heard Sakurai is working for Nintendo here and no matter how much Sakurai wants Snake back in the end it's up to Nintendo to take that decision, if Nintendo don't want to promote Metal Gear, Snake is out no questions.

At this point I see Smash selling really well without the need of Snake in the game so I don't really see Nintendo pushing Snake in only for sales. The fact that Snake is more asociated with Xbox and Playstation means if included Nintendo would be given advertising to a game and franchise that isn't even in their console, and let's be frank here the big sales Metal Gear gather nowdays have more impact in the competence than the few remakes Metal Gear has in Nintendo.

Regarding any other 3rd party, chances are zero, 3rd parties are supossed to be oddities in the roster, no a fan hopping fest, as stated above ONLY Snake still has a decent shot, anything else is beyond the realm of reality. Rayman, Layton, Bayonetta, Shantae none of them stand a chance as playable, maybe trophies but nothing more. Rayman is deconfirmed already and any of these characters can't compare with what Sonic, Megaman and Pacman represent to the videogame industy

I only give them a 1% because I prefer Snake back than crappy Dr. Mario and Dark Pit in the roster.

Cia
Chance
: 0%
Too spin off again

I don't like her design

Predictions
Patches: 97.34% (already confirmed by Sakurai in PotD when he stated that Link's meteor could be patched if ends up overpowered).
Dragon Quest: 0.32%
Sonic stage: 1.54%

Nominations
Unlockeable Taunts x 5

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just a question; if the rating keeps up as it is now then how many items can be expected to be rated before the end, judging by their current places now? I have some things I do want rated but I've only won one prediction so far and at this rate...

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Groose:

Want: 70%
Chance: 60%

4 or more third party characters:

Meh. Abstain

Nominations:

Fiora x 5

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
More 3rd party characters
Want: don't know, depends on the character.
Chance: 20% I suppose Snake could be back, or another 3rd party could show up, but it is unlikely at this point.

Cia
Chance 2%
Want 25%
Basically the same as lana, but I prefer her design over Cia's

Groose rep
Want 100%

Chance 99%
I don't see him not getting a trophy...

Because all playable characters get them.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Lana chances: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, 0 %!!
Every Lana chance rating above 1 % is seriously unreasonable.

Lana want: 0 %
There is absolutely no point to add a such character in Smash, and I don't like her design.
Take "Lana" in mo previous post, replace her by "Cia", and you have the exact same thing about her.
How the heck did Lana an average chance score over 1 %?

Four or more third-party chances: 11 %
Finally I choosen to give a chance rating not as low as I planed to do, but even though the boxart doesn't really prove anything, I don't understand why a third-party should be omitted from the boxart when all others are in. Because it's not announced before the gale release date? That would be a huge surprise, I don't think that third-party characters are likely to be kept secret. Maybe this boxart is just provisional?

Four or more third-party want: 20 %
The only other third-party characters I'd like to see playable in Smash 4 are Snake and Rayman. The former because he was in Brawl with an unique moveset, and the later because he's pretty much the only non-Nintendo character that I really like.

Groose representation chances: 86 %
Skyward Sword, as the last console Zelda game, will probably have a lot of its content in Smash 4 as trophies. Look at Zelda trophies in Brawl, they mainly come from The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Groose representation want: 90 %
Isn't a thing I absolutely want, but it would be cool.

Predictions:
Balance patches: 21.33 %
Dragon Quest representation: 1.05 %
3DS Sonic stage (not Green Hill): 7.08 % (I'm assuming leak bias, there's no other Sonic stage on the "leak" apparently)

Nominating:
Concept: non-Fire Emblem franchise with exactly four playable reps x5

D

Deleted member

Hey @Brawler610 will there be some sort of special day once we've done the final ratings?
I can't say. Hee hee hee...

Yes. Nobuo Uematsu helped compose the main theme for Brawl.

Just a question; if the rating keeps up as it is now then how many items can be expected to be rated before the end, judging by their current places now? I have some things I do want rated but I've only won one prediction so far and at this rate...
We will be rating 24 more items if we keep rating three things in one day. It will get chaotic, I know, but we need to push as many things to the top as possible.

Groose Representation
Chance:
95%

I don't like to be absolute about this like many people are doing, but I do see this as something extremely possible. Skyward Sword is getting content and Groose is an important character in that game and he has the popularity to warrant an appearance as an Assist Trophy. I would be surprised if he didn't make an appearance in this game.
HE'S GROOSE! HE'S LOOSE! HE'S AWESOME!
Why wouldn't you want to see Groose get any representation in Smash? I really hope that he is a reoccurring character in future Zelda games...
Oh, and he so happens to be my most wanted Assist Trophy for this game. Think of how awesome it would be if he came in and summoned Loftwings or used the Groosenator!

Four or More Third Parties
Chance:
5%

Basically, Snake. That's all you need to know and you know how I don't think that he'll be in this game. There are others in the running, but it still is Snake or nothing.
The third party in question that I want the most is Bomberman, but that is a pipe-dream right now.

Cia
Chance & Want:
Double Zeroes

Hyrule Warriors is too new. Nuff said.
As for want, I hate her design as well and she really doesn't mesh well with the worlds of Zelda at all.
[collapse=Xenoblade spoilers]I dunno why, but she is like a Rule 63 version of Zanza to me.[/collapse]

Balance Patches Prediction: 78.95%
Definitely possible. Both systems are capable of having balance patches.
Dragon Quest Prediction: 6.66%
I see this get bumped a little.
3DS Sonic Stage not Green Hill: .91%
I doubt that any third party series will get 2 or more stages on both versions.

"Here's how it's done!"
x5 Use your own Villager/Robin
Noms:
Use your own robin/villager x 5
Now that's strategy!
Nominations: Use Your Own Villager/Robin 5x

DAY OVER!
THE GROOSE ISN'T LOOSE!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Groose Representation

Chance: 90%

Want: 89%
- Any acknowledgement of Groose would be awesome in my book.

Cia

Chance: 2%

Want: 10% - I don't really like her design.

4 or more 3rd Parties

Want:
15% - I think we are good on Third Party characters.

Nominate - Fire Emblem Assist Trophy (I'll use whatever nominations points I have left on this).

D

Deleted member

Groose Representation
Chance: 88.38%
Want: 89.20%

When you have an awesome guy like Groose, you of course want to see him be represented in the game in some form!
Oh, and everyone who rated gave this concept above a 50% in both chance and want. I hope that I'm imploding your mind right now.

Four or More Third Parties
Chance: 23.86%
Want: 52.72%

These scores are nearly identical to Snake's scores. In fact, you could say that he was the main focus yesterday. While you don't think that a concept like this is likely, more than half of you wanted this to happen whether it be Snake or someone else. I guess we'll see what happens soon!

Cia
Chance: .36%
Want: 10.12%

Ouch. She did worse against her rival in terms of her scores...
I'm sorry but I have nothing.

Today, we will be discussing more concepts!
First of all are balance patches. Now, not all fighting games are perfect on release and imbalances are inevitable. The Wii U and 3DS are systems that are capable of having DLC and patches (see MK8's Mercedes Benz DLC on the Wii U and games like Pokemon X and MK7 getting patched on the 3DS). So, what are the chances where we will see patches for Smash 4?
Second, we are not done yet in the world of third parties! Rayman is a trophy in this game, but he isn't a fighter. Dragon Quest is a series that is rather close to Nintendo and has a long history with them. Will Dragon Quest get representation in this game? Be it a fighter, Assist Trophy, song, stage, or trophy?
Lastly, Green Hill Zone was confirmed not too long ago to appear on the 3DS. Who said that was the end of all Sonic stages on the 3DS? What are the chances of us getting another Sonic stage that is not Green Hill Zone on the 3DS?
Please rate Balance Patches, Dragon Quest Representation, and Sonic 3DS Stage (not Green Hill) in chance and want today!

Tomorrow, we will be greeted by a stage and two concepts! Smash Run is returning, but will its birth area, City Trial, be a stage? Will SSB4 outsell Brawl? Finally, will there be any unlockable taunts?
Please predict how City Trial Stages, SSB4 Outsells Brawl, and Unlockable Taunts will fair in tomorrow's game!

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa
@ Gunla Gunla
Can one of you please change the title? I can't.
Nominations:
X97 City Trial Stages
x96 SSB4 Outsells Brawl
x95 Unlockable Taunts
x94 Duck Hunt Dog Rerate
x90 Use Your Own Villager or Robin
x90 Marshal and Chorus Men Day
x81 Impa Rerate
x80 “Destiny” (Awakening)
x74 Parabo and Satebo
x70 Four or More Newcomers
x66 Jill Valentine
x62 M. Bison
x60 Unlockable Costumes
x60 Ditto Pokeball
x60 "Moonstruck Blossom"
x60 Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight Costumes
x60 Fiora
x50 Wreck-It Ralph! (Wreck-It Ralph!)
x50 NonplayableCharacter to Playable Via DLC
x49 Micaiah AT
x46 Franchise Other Than Fire Emblem With Four Characters
x45 Mii Wizard
x44 Star Man (Prowrestling)
x41 Endless Ocean Stage
x40 Petey Piranha(Super Mario Bros)
x37 Porky Rerate
x35 Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf
x32 Kiddy Kong Donkey Kong)
x31 Captain Falcon’s Theme
x30 Tetra and Toon Zelda Day
x30 Bowser Jr. Rerate
x30 Sceptile Rerate
x30 Playable Bosses Rerate
x30 Wii Fit Meter
x28 Nightmare Rerate
x27 Chef Kawasaki Rerate
x27 Protoman (Mega Man)
x27 Six Mario Characters
x27 Kirby Triple Deluxe Stage
x26 Smash Direct
x25 “Punch Bowl"
x25 Hannebow Stage
x25 Nintendo Land Plaza
x23 Ken Masters
x23 Marina (Michief Makers)
x20 Cain and Abel
x20 Ganon Rerate
x20 Gaius (Fire Emblem)
x20 Daroach (Kirby)
x20 Dark Pit
x17 Lief
x17 CPU Uses Alternate Costumes
X15 Dedede Arena
x15 Heracross (Pokemon)
x15 Kid Icarus Dog (Kid Icarus)
x15 All Brawl Veterans / No Brawl Cuts
x15 3D World Representation
x15 Team-Up Attacks in Team Battle
x15 Venusaur (Pokemon)
x15 Chaos 0 (Sonic)
X15 Leif (Fire Emblem)
x15 Inkling Assist Trophy
x15 Villain Newcomer (Mewtwo Counts)
x15 Bidoof
x15 Adeleine
x15 Crocodile Cacophony
x15 Mach Rider Rerate
x14 Zoroark
x14 Mario Party Content
x13 Standalone Pokemon Trainer Rerate
x11 Captain Syrup Rerate
x10 Gyrardos (Pokemon)
x10 Batallion Was Rifle Grunts (Battalion Wars)
x10 Mallow (Super Mario)
x10 Godot (Ace Attorney)
x10 Billy Hatcher (The Giant Egg)
x10 Different Starting Roster Between Versions
x10 King Boo Rerate
x10 Vaati
x10 NFC DLC
x10 Robot Ness Alt Costume
x10 Daisy Rerate
x10 Purchasale DLC Music
x10 Valkyrie Trophy
x10 Dark Pit Stage Boss
x9 N Rerate
x9 Fossil Fighters (Fossil Fighters)
x8 Charlie (Mario Golf)
x7 Ridley
x7 Zant
x6 Japanese Voice Options
x6 Six Pokemon Characte
x6 Kid Icarus Girl (Kid Icarus)
x5 Mario Party Stage
x5 Cooking Mama
x5 Resetti AT
x5 Secret Newcomers
x5 Quote Rerate
x5 Professor Layton Representation
x5 Pokemon Center Delivery Pikachu
x5 Metal Overlord Boss
x5 Beedrill Pokeball Returns
x5 DLC Character
x5 Added Assist Trophy Feature
x5 Lip Rerate
x5 Captain Viridian (VVVVVVV)
x5 Rattle and Roll
x5 Fire Emblem Assist Trophy
x5 Sealed Grounds Stage
x5 Yumetao (Famicom)
x5 Rambi AT
x5 Masterpieces Returns
x5 Medli NPC
x5 Airship Stage
x5 Doctor Mario
x5 General DLC
x5 Konami Character
x5 “Bellumbeck"
x5 We’re Playing SSB4 While Speculating SSB5
x5 “Kanto Legendary Battle”
x5 “The Won-Stopable Wonderful 100”
x5 Dark Matter Rerate
x5 Tropical Resort
x5 Kururin
x5 Lysandre (Pokemon)
x5 Masked Man Rerate
x5 Q Bert (Q*Bert)
X5 Toadsworth (Super Mario)
x5 Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
x5 Kumatora (Mother/Earthbound)
X5 Tony (Earthbound)
x5 Wuhu Island 3DS Stage
x5 Hades Rerate
x5 King K. Rool Rerate
x5 Pursuit~Cornered
x5 Smash 3DS Sells 1Mil in One Month
x5 Hooktail Stage Hazard
x5 Unknown Renders Leak
x5 Micaiah
x5 King Hippo (Punch-Out!)
x5 Little Mac Codec
x5 Pokemon Series Newcomer
x5 WayForward Rep
x5 Geno
x5 Dr. Mario
x5 Isaac
x5 Ogres and Dronkeys Tag Team [NOMINATIONS DISABLED]
x5 Tharja Rerate
x4 Coco Bandicoot
x4 Jigglypuff Rerate
x3 “Adventure’s End”
x3 More Pokeall Pokemon
x3 E. Gadd AT
x2 Isa Rerate
x2 Gray Fox AT
x2 Spinner Item
x2 NiGHTS Trophy
x2 Kat & Aa (Wario)
x2 Birdo AT
x2 Pyrosphere 3DS
x2 Yoshi’s Story [Melee]\ Stage
x2 Pilotwings Character
x2 Kirby Air Ride Stage
x2 Mewtwo
x2 Neku Trophy
x1 Bomberman Rerate
x1 Yuga (Zelda)
x1 Crono Trophy
x1 Ravio (Zelda)
x1 Blaze the Cat
x1 Hilda (Zelda
x1 Ilyana (Fire Emblem)
x1 Idolm@ster Song on Pac-Man Stage
x1 Six Zelda Characters
x1 Giygas (Mother)
x1 Fatal Frame Representation
x1 Newcomers Without a Stage
x1 Customizable Event Matchs
x1 Blaziken Rerate
x1 Non-Final Smash Mega Lucario
x1 Pink Gold Peach (Mario Kart)

Last edited by a moderator:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Balance Patches
20% Chance
0% Want
Dragon Quest representation
80% Chance
100% Want
I feel we have a good chance of getting a Slime Trophy...
Sonic 3DS Stage
50% Chance
100% Want
Nominating Duck Hunt Dog x5
(Got That Out of the Way, Hope for some help on Bowser Jr)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I won't rate or nominate yet until the Extra Nominations post has been updated, but here are my predictions:
City Trial Stages - 25.78%
SSB4 outsells Brawl - 81.02%
Unlockable Taunts - 14.98%

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated.

Sorry for being super late again.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Balance Patches:
Chances: 50%

-Dragon Quest Representation:
Chances: 15%
Want: 5%

-New Sonic 3DS Stage:
Chances: 1%

-Predictions:
City Trial Stages: 15%
SSB4 outsells Brawl: 83%
Unlockable Taunts: 4,5%

-Nominations: King K.Rool X5

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok, here's my ratings/nominations:

Balance Patches:
Chance: 87% - especially if that leak is true with non-Rosaluma multiple units (ICs) not being on the initial roster, I think once the problems are sorted out they can be patched in.
Want: 100% - don't see why not.

DQ rep:
Chance: 40% - at least as a trophy if they decide to like with Rayman.
Want - 0% - I was never much of a DQ fan. If Square Enix is represented somehow, I'd prefer with Neku from TWEWY. But that's a stretch.

New Sonic 3DS stage
Chance - 20% - maybe a Generations 3DS one?
Want: abstain. I'm indifferent really

Nominations:
"Captain Falcon's theme" x 4
Fiora x 1 (she's in the safe region now but if anyone else wants to boost her more that'd be great)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I put NEW in the title, just to clear up confusion.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Balance Patches:
Chance: 99%
No game is perfectly balanced, and both systems can support it. I would be shocked if this didn't happen.
Namco + Balance Patches = No more god tier :4metaknight:

DQ representation:
Chance: Abstain
As I have no knowledge whatsoever of DQ, and am to lazy to look it up right now.
I like seeing things from other companies that have worked with Nintendo.

New Sonic 3DS Stage:
Chance: 10%
I absolutely despise that I think this has such a low chance, but...

I don't think it's very likely we'll get 2 Sonic stages :(

I don't like the Green Hill Zone. There are so many better Sonic stages they could choose from (Casino stage anyone?)

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Balance Patches
Nintendo isn't exactly teh greatest when it comes to this kinda stuff. I'm sure if we get a Meta Knight situation again they'd fix that, but I doubt we'd bet regular, minor patches that other competitive communities receive. Nintendo aren't devoted to one game like some companies, so I feel once Smash is out focus will mostly shift

Want: 90%
It'd be awesome for Smash to get the support that other competitive games get regularly, imagine he game getting regular patches tweaking the game like Project M. It'd be awesome to make really show support for the competitive community, but I feel like it's a pipe dream...

Dragon Quest Representation
Chance: 75%
3rd Party representation is never guaranteed, but if Rayman could get a trophy, Dragon Quest is a pretty good bet for one too

Want: 45%
Indifferent to the series, but I took off 5% because I'm not the biggest fan of non-playable 3rd party representation, but a trophy won't be bothering me that much

Non-Green HIll Zone 3DS Stage
Chance: 5%
I don't see a 3rd party franchise getting two stages, especially not on the 3DS version.

No need for two Sonic stages on the 3DS, I enjoyed Green Hill zone, so I don't have any desire for another Sonic stage

Nominations
Four or More Newcomers x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom