• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
No problem, so the first outsell 64? well I wasn't aware of that, since most of the people I know talk really great about 64 and the apparent restart for the series with 64, (since to my knowlegde both games have the same story). I had the impresion that 64 was considered the best in the franchise.
I loved SF 64, but I also enjoyed the SNES one just as much. I think when you compare 2 classics and discuss which was better, it becomes a subjective topic. Some fans may prefer 64 over SNES and vice versa. Personally, I'm straddling the fence to this day. For the record, I would kill to see an HD version of the original Star Fox.

On another note I am aware the 1st one was revolutionary for its time, so it's Miyamoto planning a game for so long then that makes sense, for what I know tons of fans don't consider Command canon and I hope Miyamoto continues the story as it ended in Assault, or reboot the series, I think Command messed up with the multiple ending things.
Command has multiple endings, so that may be why most don't consider it canon. To be honest, I actually enjoyed the conflict-filled cutscenes. In my opinion, if you're working with a team in a stressful life or death occupation, it's not always going to be flowers and rainbows. I loved that there were egos and emotions. That said, I do hope Miyamoto decides to pick up where he left off in Assault, but all indications show he's taking the new game in an unexpected direction.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've missed about a week on this. 'Eh, I mainly came in again for a few characters I wanted to rate.

Excitebiker: Double 0's, its not happening.

Krystal:
Chance - 15%, I don't think she's very likely at all. We'll get Falco and Wolf back, but that's about it. I don't think Star Fox is getting a fourth rep at all. The only other franchise I can see getting a fourth rep as this point is Donkey Kong.
Want - 70%, I'd like Krystal, and I do like her as a character. She'd be a great addition, but she's not high on my priority list.

Burigu

Smash Ace
It's from a new leak that just came recently a few hours ago.
http://i.4cdn.org/v/1408482180903.png

Definitely not illustrating at all.
Well I have to ask since Falco and Dark Pit poses and models seems to be extracted from Brawl and Uprising respectively, in which case I would discard this, BUT if the purpose of this images is only to ilustrate the newcomers then I understand.

That said most of the characters were rated not so much time ago and leaks seems so fake right now, for example that leak that claimed Bandana Dee was going to be revealed at comic con along with Meta Knight, the leaker put lots of efforts into making it believeble but ultimetely failed, when Dee didn't showed up. For that point his story went down hill. I give credit to him for preparing such a great play, but if I have learned something is to not believe in leakers no matter how believable the story is.

But I am curious if this leak comes with more than that pic, I would be thankful if you direct a link to it.

I loved SF 64, but I also enjoyed the SNES one just as much. I think when you compare 2 classics and discuss which was better, it becomes a subjective topic. Some fans may prefer 64 over SNES and vice versa. Personally, I'm straddling the fence to this day. For the record, I would kill to see an HD version of the original Star Fox.

Command has multiple endings, so that may be why most don't consider it canon. To be honest, I actually enjoyed the conflict-filled cutscenes. In my opinion, if you're working with a team in a stressful life or death occupation, it's not always going to be flowers and rainbows. I loved that there were egos and emotions. That said, I do hope Miyamoto decides to pick up where he left off in Assault, but all indications show he's taking the new game in an unexpected direction.
Well I don't like the multiple ending thing since some of the endings are bad in my opinion, plus I think the current characters still have things to offer and in some cases, second gen characters aren't sucessful, I can think about Soul Calibur 5 discarting most of the original roster in favor of new characters.

So I hope if Miyamoto is rebooting the series, he stays with the original cast which in my opinion is the logical and best decision

andimidna

Smash Master
It's from a new leak that just came recently a few hours ago.
http://i.4cdn.org/v/1408482180903.png

Definitely not illustrating at all.
I don't hate it, the characters here have grown on me a bit (not because of leaks), but what's going for it?
Is there a reason to believe it?
G&W doesn't look much like he did in Pac-Man's trailer, and is that Dr. Mario artwork even new?
And haven't you talked about a leak with Dr.Mario and Bowser Jr before?
With Dark Pit, Shulk, Bowser Jr, and Duck Hunt Dog as the newcomers... seems suspiciously like you're kind of roster :p
I'm just surprised the Chorus Kids aren't there too. And the lack of Ridley and Ice Climbers... or even a DK or Zelda newcomer... just seems... weird.
You're sure you didn't make this, right? :p

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Speculation is over dudes.
For the love of God, could you stop posting leaks all the time? The way the roster is organized doesn't even match past Smash Bros. Games. But seriously stop. I'm so sick of leaks at this point.

Why is Toon Link with his series, but all the other clones aren't?

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

lol that placement is ridiculous (especially Yoshi's and some clones)
I'm not saying it's fake because of it, but I will never get used to this if it's real. And why should it be? Why is the picture so blurry? 3ds's don't look that crappy lol

Also, it's suspicious that these have colored backgrounds when the demo didn't.

Also, what's with the lack of detail around the roster? Looks like somebody gave up, the development team or a faker. One of the main reasons I hope this is fake is because it just looks.. bad, not even the character selection (which... some of it does), the layout and organization makes me feel so OCD :p

Also, dat black Ganondorf is darker than dark pit.

EDIT: WHERE ARE DA MIIIS!?
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-unknown-renders-leak.364857/page-2
@ Groose Groose , forget Magikarp!
It's time to rate this leak and the top 10!
Apparently I don't have permission to view that thread... what is it? This leak I guess?

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Isn't Bowser Jr art the same as this?

The demo screen is extremely different, the BACK arrow is on the bottom screen not the top

Edit: Yoshi should be after Rosalina and not before her since they are considered different series

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Nah, the one shown has Bowser Jr. in his Clown Car.
You can't be serious, where is the Clown car in that "leak".

On another note I find disturbing how people keep calling these leaks as posible with recicled artworks, haven't learned anything about the past?

andimidna

Smash Master
Nah, the one shown has Bowser Jr. in his Clown Car.
Are we looking at he same picture?
Isn't Bowser Jr art the same as this?

The demo screen is extremely different, the BACK arow is on the bottom screen not the top
Well, that definitely seems like good enough evidence to prove it's fake. Good job.
If not for the Bowser Jr artwork, then the back arrow.

Let's all get back to Excitebiker and Krystal.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

I'm still trying to be open minded to leaks after Brawl's leak turned out to be real but there are a few things that are suspicious about this one. First I find it very convenient that there just happens to be a character marker on Bowser Jr who as some people have pointed out looks like his official artwork, the character marker may just be an attempt to cover up the obvious flaw. Second I have to question what is the point of cutting Lucas and Wolf if Sakurai was just going to add a bunch of new clones anyway. I can understand cutting them if Sakurai was aiming for more unique characters but on a roster that has four clones anyway cutting them seems pointless. Finally how do you select Mii Fighter on this thing?

But regardless thanks for sharing, maybe it will turn out like the Brawl roster leak and be true despite everyone's doubts.

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman

... This isn't fooling anyone. There's way too many things wrong with this for it to be real. ^ like what the person above me said.

Edit: Well actually I don't think G&W's hand is invading Wario's spot it looks weird at first but you gotta zoom in to see it. However Wario's pupil is definitely missing. That's proof.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can we get back to rating now? I'd like to talk about leaks but this day will eventually end tonight

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Speculation isn't over like BluePikmin11 seems to be claiming. As much as I hate her, Krystal still has that 3% chance I gave her and everyone else's ratings shouldn't change as a result of an obviously fake leak. This forum game isn't going anywhere until September 13th.

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe people are immediately taking this "leak" as fact. Not only is the organization completely off, with Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina very far away from their respective series, but Mr. Game & Watch's picture overlaps with Wario. Not to mention the lack of the Mii Fighters. This leak also came with a second picture of stages, which didn't have the newly shown Brinstar, which alone should kill this leak. A leak should NEVER be believed immediately, it took us all a very long time to trust Gematsu, why should we believe this thing right away?

Groose

Smash Champion
This is not the leak discussion thread.

We're currently discussing Excitebiker and Krystal here. That's all I have to say for now. See you in an hour to an hour and a half.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
This is not the leak discussion thread.

We're currently discussing Excitebiker and Krystal here. That's all I have to say for now. See you in an hour to an hour and a half.
Seconded. And I'm a Mod.

Further discussion of the leak will potentially lead to infractions. You have been warned. If you want to discuss this, go the the Leaks Group.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
But if say, Chrom would be deconfirmed before Robin was shown, would people crush Robin and say there's no hope left for a FE rep?
If King K. Rool would be deconfirmed, would people crush Dixie and say DK won't get a newcomer?
No.
While indivindual merits don't change (though Excitebiker's have been slighlty underrated here too), deconfirmed competition would be a good thing.
Except that FE and DK aren't the same thing as "retro", that's the problem.

You can disagree, but I don't see them as analogous situations.

The fact is that Chrom and Robin and Lucina all were viable characters, it was just a matter of which character was more important and more interesting. Sakurai did strongly consider Chrom, but chose Robin instead.

I guess the difference is this: Robin & Lucina were receiving lower scores because of Chrom being competition. I don't think Excitebiker is receiving low scores because of competition, but primarily because he is not very appealing.

Chrom fans never argued that Robin had no move set potential, that she was unimportant and unwanted. The argument was that Chrom was more important and more wanted.

The same thing applies to K Rool and Dixie Kong. Neither is seen as unviable, it's a matter of which would be chosen.

IMO, Excitebiker will not be put in to fulfill a retro quota. If he is seen as being too difficult to make then it doesn't matter how retro he is, he's not getting put in. Takamaru being deconfirmed doesn't solve that problem.
And about the chance of a retro rep: I think it can still happen. Brawl kept R.O.B secret after all, and while it's not a dead set pattern, it IS kind of a Smash tradition.
Two games is no more a tradition than it is a pattern though.

But like I said, the problem is that this "WTF came from nowhere" character like ROB doesn't just work for Excitebiker... it also works for Duck Hunt Dog, Sukapon, Sheriff, various Japanese-only characters, etc.

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
Seconded. And I'm a Mod.

Further discussion of the leak will potentially lead to infractions. You have been warned. If you want to discuss this, go the the Leaks Group.
Thirded. And I'm a God.

Further discussion of the leak will potentially lead to your save files accounts getting deleted. You have been warned. If you want to discuss this, sell your soul to the Underworld and accept Hades as your lord and savior.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Thirded. And I'm a God.

Further discussion of the leak will potentially lead to your save files accounts getting deleted. You have been warned. If you want to discuss this, sell your soul to the Underworld and accept Hades as your lord and savior.
Finally, the voice of reason, oh mighty Hades thank go- YOU, now things will hopefully calm down.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Here I'll get us back on track
Krystal
Chance 10%
Want 5%
According to plenty of people here, Rosilina wasn't important enough to become playable in Smash 4, yet Krystal is talked about a lot. I find that odd. (I just don't see the appeal in her.)

Exicitebike
Chance 10%
Want: 75%
I think it would be fun to play, but I doubt it will happen,

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Krystal
Chance: 50% Krystal was pretty high demand around 2011/12 now people don't much talk about her! Rareware's last game on a Nintendo Platform I'm expecting to see her as a "Secret Character" time around.

Want: 80%

Excitebiker
Chance: 35% His chance's are slim really slim. But the Excitebikers AT from Brawl hasn't been confirmed yet! He's a good candidate to represent the 8bit era along with the Ice Climbers. He was planned for Melee but Sakurai couldn't figure out a way for him to "Beviable Jump Around"

Want: 60%

Nominations
x5 Endless Ocean Stage

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Krystal: 10% chance and 25% want
I feel that Star Fox is more likely to shrink than it is to grow. Still, if it does grow, Krystal will almost definitely be the cause of that; she's a perfectly viable and popular character with solid movepool. I don't think she'll make the cut just like she failed to in Brawl, but there's a small possibility. In terms of want? She's really overhated. I'm not a big fan of her, but I see nothing wrong with her existence like many do. She could be interesting, but I'm not a big enough fan of her to want her specifically, and I don't want to see Star Fox get a disproportional amount of content.

Excitebiker: 1% chance and 0% want
I think Mach Rider is the guy on a bike who would be added next, but I doubt either of them will get in. I'm not really a huge fan of either, though. Muddy Mole or Duck Hunt Dog for the Retro rep, please.

Groose Representation x5

DAY OVER

THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO EAT A CHOCOLATE, BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO EAT A CHOCOLATE BAR.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Krystal
-Chance: Low
Krystal is popular, but not in a good way. She is constantly blamed for the failure of Star Fox and whether it's true or not, I don't care. She honestly isn't a Nintendo All Star to me and it she's not just popular in America, she's very disliked in Japan as well. Exti
-Want: Low
I'd rather have Slippy because he could have an engineer type class, but I wouldn't mind her. She didn't help revolutionize women in gaming and she was a poor example of a strong independent character.

Excitebiker
I don't wanna say "What would he do" but... What would he do?
Assist Trophy was cool, that's it.

Edit: Crap, I'm late.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Krystal
25.81% chance
47.79% want

That was a bit unexpected. Krystal's score seems to fluctuate a lot; sometimes she's a respectable choice and sometimes she's public enemy number one. She scored very well and chance and respectably in want today.

Excitebiker
10.05% chance
34.97% want

With a name like "excite-biker" you expect him to excite a lot of people. Unfortunately, Excitebiker didn't really live up to his name today as people raced right by him and abstained. Pity.

With the events transpiring right now on this board, it seems great that we have a bit of a cool off day here. We're going to discuss Magikarp and a character from the Idolm@ster franchise today; please rate them in chance and want. Tomorrow we're getting more serious about things, as well be having Shulk as an AT and a Bandana Deerate. Please predict away!

Okay, the day's introduction is out of the way, so it's about time we have a little chat. Before I get to the elephant in the room, let me address something concerning the game's immediate future. For at least the next three days (and possibly up to a solid week, but definitely no more than that), I will be unable to update because I'm moving into college and starting my freshman year. I'll be able to visit here, but I won't have enough time to handle updates myself. @Brawler610 will be taking the reigns for a few days as I adjust, and I expect you to treat him with the highest respect. Please don't start too many arguments while he's sacrificing his time to run things, especially on Bandana Dee's day. Also, as Hades so gently warned you, this is not the leaks thread. You can talk about them in your ratings, but not even the slightest argument revolving around leaks will be tolerated.

Speaking of leaks, they're inevitable. They're the main reason the brunt of our game is scheduled to end two weeks before the game launches. Still, that doesn't mean we have to drop everything as soon as one of them comes out; we will continue with our normal schedule in the face of all leaks. If you want to rate something because of a leak, nominate it to the top--there are so many people interested in leaks right now that it shouldn't take long if you team up.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
@ Groose Groose well isn't that something! I'm moving into college too this week as a freshman! In PA in fact!

I was so excited for today, but I think I'll post tomorrow. I'm kind of tired and I plan on finding some cool Idolm@ster stuff to make a huge post out of it.

Keep in mind everyone that Idolm@ster originates from the Namco Arcade games. So they do not originate from Anime.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
@ Groose Groose well isn't that something! I'm moving into college too this week as a freshman! In PA in fact!

I was so excited for today, but I think I'll post tomorrow. I'm kind of tired and I plan on finding some cool Idolm@ster stuff to make a huge post out of it.
Heh. What a coincidence. If you don't mind me asking, which college? I'm heading to Villanova. Not far from Philly. Also, try to get the rating in early tomorrow--the day may end a few hours early.

Krystal
Krystal is popular, but not in a good way. She is constantly blamed for the failure of Star Fox and whether it's true or not, I don't care. She honestly isn't a Nintendo All Star to me and it she's not just popular in America, she's very disliked in Japan as well. Exti
I'd rather have Slippy because he could have an engineer type class, but I wouldn't mind her. She didn't help revolutionize women in gaming and she was a poor example of a strong independent character.

Excitebiker
I don't wanna say "What would he do" but... What would he do?
Assist Trophy was cool, that's it.

Edit: Crap, I'm late.
Could you try to give percentages that I could work into the average next time, please?

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
Krystal
Chance: 40% some people will say that Krystal's popularity has fallen off in recent years and the'd be right however the fact that the roster was finalized way before development on SSB4 even began ( when Krystal's popularity was higher) gives her chances a boost from "unlikely" to "possible"

Want: 90% as a Star fox fan she seems to be the only logical character to use to expand their roster and I really want more Star fox characters ( Star fox anything really) coupled with they unique way in which she can use her staff to fight and decent personality from Assault ( which made me a fan of her) and you have one guy who really wants Krystal in SSB4

Excitebiker
Chance: 20%

Want: 10%

I'm really indifferent to him actualy, I'd rather see the Duck hunt dog as a retro rep the Excitebiker

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Shulk At
Chance: 2% He is looking incredibly likely with the monolift retweets and Sakurai being a fan (and some leaks)
want: 0% No thanks, would rather him playable

Bandana Dee
Chance: 60% Most likely kirby character and the series is definitly big enough to warrant 4 reps
Want: 70% any kirby content is good kirby content (unless its Halberd being the only new kirby stage)

nominate Parabo and Satebo x5

Burigu

Smash Ace
Shulk At
Chance: 2% He is looking incredibly likely with the monolift retweets and Sakurai being a fan (and some leaks)
want: 0% No thanks, would rather him playable

Bandana Dee
Chance: 60% Most likely kirby character and the series is definitly big enough to warrant 4 reps
Want: 70% any kirby content is good kirby content (unless its Halberd being the only new kirby stage)

nominate Parabo and Satebo x5
Today is Magikarp day mate

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Krystal
Chance: 40% some people will say that Krystal's popularity has fallen off in recent years and the'd be right however the fact that the roster was finalized way before development on SSB4 even began ( when Krystal's popularity was higher) gives her chances a boost from "unlikely" to "possible"

Want: 90% as a Star fox fan she seems to be the only logical character to use to expand their roster and I really want more Star fox characters ( Star fox anything really) coupled with they unique way in which she can use her staff to fight and decent personality from Assault ( which made me a fan of her) and you have one guy who really wants Krystal in SSB4

Excitebiker
Chance: 20%

Want: 10%

I'm really indifferent to him actualy, I'd rather see the Duck hunt dog as a retro rep the Excitebiker
You just missed that boat. (And I just got :4greninja:'d)
Anyway, as for today

And not because of the leak, I still have my doubts. But regardless, Magikarp is stupid and I don't see us getting a 2nd Bamco character. Nor do I want another

Shulk AT: 0.2%
Chances will be decimated by the high possibility of him being his own thing
Bandana Dee: 20%
Keeping it around where it was

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom