• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
There's an argument to be made that Riki might edge out Shulk. Hear me out.

Look at what happened with our prediction of the next FE rep. RTC so clearly found that Chrom's standing as the lead protagonist of FE13 made him the most likely choice. But when Sakurai saw Chrom, he saw just another swordfighter. Now I'm not saying this is how he should look at Shulk. That's not the way I look at Shulk. But he could easily look at Shulk and come to a similar conclusion as Chrom. I hope he doesn't but he could.

In that case, he would go to the next character that could add to Smash. I would argue that would be Sharla, but that's my own bias. Really, other than the phrase Reyn time, Riki is the character that stands out most in my mind. And the Nopon race is making a return in Xenoblade Chronicles X. There is a reason why a Nopon ended the E3 trailer.

While I can see it, I don't find it too compelling.
Chance: 15%
Want: 80%
A fun character, but I didn't really use him in Xenoblade.

John Raimi:
Chance: 0%
I don't think his design really stands out. And his game doesnt fit Smash's aesthetic.
Want: 0%
Never compelled to buy the game. Not compelled to want the character.

Predictions:
17.29% Phoenix Wright Trophy
Andy: 5.31

Nominations:
Shulk Assist Trophy x5aaaa
Akari Hayami
1.26% chance
19.80% want

As a snowboarder, Akari is used to dealing with frigid conditions. Even so, she wasn't prepared for the icy hearts of our raters; they say she will be left out in the cold. Unless some sort of 1080 happens, she is unlikely and unwanted.​
In my opinion, Akari beat the spread by getting over 1%. Thanks to everyone who abstained! If you had voted zero we'd be looking at a lower number.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
John Raimi - 1% Geist is a fantastically underrated game, with a great premise, and Raimi would have great gameplay mechanics. Unfortunately, it is a cult hit or miss in the eyes of many.

Riki - 1% One of my favorite supporting characters ever, but until we get Shulk, he has a minor chance.

predict PW trophy - 15%
Andy - 8%

nominate Unlockable Costumes x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Quad Zeros!!!!

I'd love Riki as an AT though.

Phoenix Wright: 7.3%
People be crazy

Andy: 24.3%
Now it's been revealed that Pac-Man isn't a summoner the slot is open for our boy wonder once more... and his franchise needs much representation.

Woo Fit Meter*5

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
John Raimi
Chance and Want - 0%
I actually played this game and consider it one of the greatest wastes of time in my entire life. There's a reason that franchise was never considered again and the game did so poorly.

Riki
Chance - 0%
We won't be getting more than Shulk, and if we did there's a lot of characters who'd make it before Riki

Want - 0%
Not a fan of the character nor the race, at least from what I've seen of Xenoblade so far.
Also, while I don't dislike the character enough for a 0%, there's another factor at work: I think Riki should be one of Xenoblade's Assist Trophies. I think he'd fit that a lot better while the more iconic characters get playable spots.

Predictions
Phoenix Wright Trophy - 11%
Andy - 7%

Nominations
x5 Tag Team Battles

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Eternal Dark Representation
Chance: .5%
One-off 2nd party title from over 10 years ago getting some sort of representation? Probably not happening. The company who made the game isn't even affiliated with Nintendo any more, and it's a pretty obscure title. If it was ever going to get representation, it was going to be in Brawl, which didn't happen.
A game named "Eternal Darkness" is always going to be obscure anyway *laugh*
Anyway it looks like my 0,00 % prediction for Akary Hayami was exaggerated lol.

John Raimi chances: 0 % and want: abstain
Okay, I didn't know the game Geist before seing this character high in the nomination list. For my reasoning I'll just use arguments used by other people: it's a very obscure pre-Brawl title with no sequel, never released in Japan, and apparently badly sold and received by critics. The only thing he has that Akari Hayami doesn't have is being the clear protagonist of his game, so I hesitated about giving him slightly more than 0 %, but... that's not really worth it.

John Raimi gets a lot of 0 % chances, it looks like the prediction scores I gave for Akari Hayami and for him should be swapped :laugh:
Again, we're rating someone I have absolutely no connection with. Abstain for want.

Riki chances and want: abstain for both
I haven't played Xenoblade, but I could do some researches to know if he has any chance to join the battle with Shulk as a second Xenoblade rep (Fire Emblem got two reps in Melee after being completely absent from SSB64 after all). But doing so would probably give me too much spoilers about this game, given that I plan to play Xenoblade Chronicles sooner or later. Anyway I think that his chances wouldn't be very high anyway, but I don't want to give an arbitrary chance rating.

Predictions:
Andy: 26.52 %
Phoenix Wright trophy: 12.93 %

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Magikarp x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Geist dude:
Chance: 0.1%

The HeroNO Riki
Chance: 0,5%

Predictions:
The Semi-Decent Lawyer trophy: 44.5%
Da Engineer: 11.4%

Nominations:
Mega Mewtwo Y x5

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Geist Guy: Chance: 0% He'd be lucky to get a trophy.
Want: Abstain.

Riki: Chance 15%. The chance of getting a second Xenoblade character are sadly low...but he'd most likely be next in line if it happens. He was the star of the Puzzle Swap Panel after all. There's also the chance Sakurai would go crazy and have him before Shulk.

Want: 100%. Yes, yes, yes. His final Smash will consist of summoning Littlepons and Sidekicks.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Dang, missed yesterdays ratings. Oh well.

Hero-pon Riki:
Sorry Riki fans but if there is a Xenoblade character, it's Shulk and getting another is very unlikely.
Want: 30%
Okay, let me just say that I love Riki but I fear Smash is too big for him.

The other guy:
Double zeroes. Next please.

Predictions:
PW trophy - 5%
Andy - 3%

Noms:
Ghirahim rerate x 5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Someone well-versed in Xenoblade should attempt to explain heropons or whatever, because even going through let's plays of the game I don't quite get the point of the creatures and I know not everyone has had the chance to go through Xenoblade.

Basically, are they the Moogles/Chocobos/Cid of the Xenoblade world?

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
@ Glaciacott Glaciacott pretty much. The Nopon are a child-like race of jungle furballs, and probably the Moogles of Xenoblade.

Anyway:

John Raimi: abstain

Riki
Chance: 3%. Shulk will get in before any other Xenoblade rep. In the sadly unlikely event that they do get a second rep, Fiora would probably be next in line.
Want: 30%. I'd prefer Fiora as a second Xenoblade rep. Honestly, Riki is probably one of my least favorite party members from the game. But I wouldn't complain if he came in as a second rep. He could get an Assist Trophy spot though.

D

Deleted member

Phoenix Wright trophy rating tomorrow? YES!!

Abstaining from John Raimi. I have no idea who he is.

Riki:
Chance - 0.2%: It's not entirely out of the question, but unlike Chrom you don't have a lot of people supporting other Xenoblade characters due to Shulk being "another blue haired swordsman who brings nothing new to the table."

Want - 100%: I just got to the part of the game where you meet him yesterday (I'm at the city now) and he'd be a hilarious character. I hope I'm not the only person who is reminded of Tingle in terms of how he sounds.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
John Raimi: 0%

Riki: 0% I'm sorry little guy, but it's not happening.
Want: 100% But I can still boost your want score!

Pheonix Wright Trophy: 3.72%
Andy: 13.48%

x5 Excitebiker

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What? Just... what? I... I don't even know anymore...

Anyways
John Raimi: 0%

Riki: 0% I'm sorry little guy, but it's not happening. And not for the reason in the quote above.
Want: 100% But I can still boost your want score!

Pheonix Wright Trophy: 3.72%
Andy: 13.48%

x5 Excitebiker
1.) Fixed the spelling.
2.) Giest really wasn't popular anywhere.... I mean, it did okay in North America I guess.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Raimi:
Chance: 0.2% - All Nintendo characters have at least a small shot.
Want: 0% No. Well, maybe- no. He kinda looks like Tabuu...

Riki:
Chance: 0.1% - Shulk or nada.
Want: 0% - Shulk or nada

Predicitons:
15% Phoenix Trophy
Andy: 5.66%

Noms:
Warrior of Light x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
1.) Fixed the spelling.
2.) Giest really wasn't popular anywhere.... I mean, it did okay in North America I guess.
Ooooooooh... I have no idea why my brain registered that as Riki. I was thinking that something must be wrong. Now to edit my post!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ooooooooh... I have no idea why my brain registered that as Riki. I was thinking that something must be wrong. Now to edit my post!
It's cool, it's pretty early. Or late (or neither).... depending on where you are.

Another reason for Riki - he is a responsible 40 year old daddypon. Older gamers need characters to relate to!

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
John Raimi
Pretty much the same boat as Eternal Darkness. Doing some research showed it never really got a lot of praise, and the developer of the game really hasn't done a whole lot with Nintendo.
Who?
Heropon Riki​
Chance: .5%
His only chance is if Xenoblade gets two reps, which is incredibly unlikely and unnecessary. Shulk stands above everyone
Want: 2%
He'd be funny, but that's about it
Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costumes (Louie, President, Alph, Charlie) x3
Balance Patches x2

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's an argument to be made that Riki might edge out Shulk. Hear me out.

Look at what happened with our prediction of the next FE rep. RTC so clearly found that Chrom's standing as the lead protagonist of FE13 made him the most likely choice. But when Sakurai saw Chrom, he saw just another swordfighter. Now I'm not saying this is how he should look at Shulk. That's not the way I look at Shulk. But he could easily look at Shulk and come to a similar conclusion as Chrom. I hope he doesn't but he could.

In that case, he would go to the next character that could add to Smash. I would argue that would be Sharla, but that's my own bias. Really, other than the phrase Reyn time, Riki is the character that stands out most in my mind. And the Nopon race is making a return in Xenoblade Chronicles X. There is a reason why a Nopon ended the E3 trailer.

While I can see it, I don't find it too compelling.
Chance: 15%
Want: 80%
A fun character, but I didn't really use him in Xenoblade.

John Raimi:
I don't think his design really stands out. And his game doesnt fit Smash's aesthetic.
Never compelled to buy the game. Not compelled to want the character.

Predictions:
17.29% Phoenix Wright Trophy
Andy: 5.31

Nominations:
Shulk Assist Trophy x5aaaa

In my opinion, Akari beat the spread by getting over 1%. Thanks to everyone who abstained! If you had voted zero we'd be looking at a lower number.
The argument doesn't hold up because Fire Emblem is an already established franchise. There's no other characters from Xenoblade, so Xenoblade mechanics will fit right in without competing with other characters. Unless all Shulk does is literally things other characters do already anyway, which I kinda doubt.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
The argument doesn't hold up because Fire Emblem is an already established franchise. There's no other characters from Xenoblade, so Xenoblade mechanics will fit right in without competing with other characters. Unless all Shulk does is literally things other characters do already anyway, which I kinda doubt.
You missed the part where I said I don't find it too compelling.

And this all about Sakuai's perception about what Shulk could offer. Xenoblade's "mechanics" are just sword fighting in the case of Shulk, on a base level. Sure, there is room for including elements of the game's style, but that won't necessarily happen regardless of the character. Robin doesn't have Fire Emblem "mechanics" in the same way that Marth has Fire Emblem "mechanics." Robin doesnt have counter. And Marth a total of two attacks for Sakurai to pick animations from. Most of Fire Emblem's "mechanics" in previous entries were made up.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
John Rami

Chance - 0% - Ha. No strong connection to the company, terrible move set potential, and otherwise a weird choice.

Want - 30% - Eh. Kinda a waste to put this guy as playable.

Riki

Chance - 2% - Okay, he might get in as a mascot-like character, but I'd think he'd be more likely as the AT rather than playable.

Want - 45% - Eh... I'd rather have Shulk.

Predictions

Phoenix Wright Trophy - 14.45% - Maybe, but allot of pessimism.

Andy - 5.65% - Okay, but mostly crushed.

Nominaitons
"In the Space Pirate Ship" X5

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
You missed the part where I said I don't find it too compelling.

And this all about Sakuai's perception about what Shulk could offer. Xenoblade's "mechanics" are just sword fighting in the case of Shulk, on a base level. Sure, there is room for including elements of the game's style, but that won't necessarily happen regardless of the character. Robin doesn't have Fire Emblem "mechanics" in the same way that Marth has Fire Emblem "mechanics." Robin doesnt have counter. And Marth a total of two attacks for Sakurai to pick animations from. Most of Fire Emblem's "mechanics" in previous entries were made up.
Actually, before you continue I want to point out three things and never mention it again here because this is an off topic thing.

1) Robin is the main protagonist
The story follows him. There is not ONE SCENE which the story stops and follows chrom for a while. On the flip side if you wander off the camp to do something, the story follows you robin. Its common logic man.

2) The only reason chrom was taken in over robin was gematsu
Chrom got his following due to a luck set of coincediances. You can argue that it had a following before but it was never so big.

3) The fans of ssb begged not to have another blue hair swordsman, and Sakurai delivered.
For as long as I remember, someone has complained about swordsmen. So what does sakurai do? he gives us a primary magic user. You got what you asked for. obviously you're not happy.

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
John Raimi:

... Another franchise I know absolutely nothing about.

Chance: abstain

Riki:

Once we get Shulk, then maybe. But we need the main character first.
Also, you can't really put Riki and Robin in the same category, since we already have the main face of Fire Emblem (being Marth), as well as the fact that Chrom wasn't chosen because Sakurai thought he had no ideas for how to make him work in a unique way, while Shulk has much more potential to be interesting.

I know the absolute very basics of what Xenoblade is and who Shulk is because I was interested in the character that everyone was predicting for Smash Bros. But beyond that, I basically know nothing about it. I just don't know enough about Riki to want him more than Shulk, and since (even with my very small knowledge of Xenoblade) he is my second most wanted character (most wanted if we discount characters who have no chance anymore) I honestly don't care who Riki is if he even has a chance of ousting Shulk. Sorry Riki fans, but that's just how I feel.

5 nominations towards Sonic 3DS stage (Not Green Hill Zone)

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Before I start, can I just say i'm really happy i was so off on my Eternal Darkness prediction. :p
@ Groose Groose It unfortunately was the only acknowledgement in the game, but Brawl DID reference it in the GC Chronicle, so that's something. Incidentally, back on the topic of Metal Gear from my rating from yesterday, ED was one of the games Psycho Mantis could read a save off of in Twin Snakes, the MGS remake for GC.

John (Geist) as a Playable Newcomer
Chance: 1% - Considering Geist was never released in Japan, there is a chance Sakurai might literally not even know about the game. That said, it's such an obscure title even in the US, I highly doubt it would get repped at all beyond the Chronicle.
Want: 53% - I'm not sold on John using guns, but the idea of a character whose gameplay quirk is doing ghost-y stuff like possession DOES sound very interesting, but not enough to top anyone I already wanted.

As an aside, I could've sworn Geist was actually a Wii game and not GC, but whatever. :p

Riki (Xenoblade) as a Playable Newcomer
Chance: 0% - While Shulk is a near shoo-in for Smash 3DU, Riki would probably have trouble getting in as a second or even third rep come future Smash Bros. games.
Want: 0% - I'm good with just Shulk, thank you.

Predictions:
Collectible Trophy of Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): 34% Chance, 86% Want
Andy (Advance Wars) as a Playable Character: 45% Chance, 66% Want

Nominations:
3rd Party Assist Trophy W/O Playable character x4
Brain Age Stage x1

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
John Raimi
chance 2%
want 55%

I've actually know his game from a long long time ago when I heard some very good things about it from some friends, but I never bought the game. It was one of those games where I tell myself to add it to my to-buy list but I ended up forgetting to add it there. Oops. I'm also the one who bumped him up for rating because he was stagnant, but as a protagonist of a forgotten ip I thought he was worth rating. However as a fighter for smash bros I can't see him working, he posseses objects or people to fight. He might work as an assist I guess where he could appear in ghost form and then posses one of the enemy players. He's more likely to get a trophy/sticker if anything.

Riki 0% chance and want

x5 Starman (Pro-wrestling)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Abstaining from John.

Riki - 0%

If we're going to get a Xenoblade character, there's no doubt in my mind that Shulk would be said character, and he would also be the only Xenoblade character.

Want - 0%

I haven't played Xenoblade and Shulk is the only character from it that I know anything about. Can't want something I have no knowledge of.

Phoenix Wright trophy - 40%

Andy - 12%

Outset Toon Link x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
There is not ONE SCENE which the story stops and follows chrom for a while. On the flip side if you wander off the camp to do something, the story follows you robin.
Aren't most if not all cutscenes of the game moments in which the story stops and follows Chrom/Lucina?

I mean, I agree with your point Robin is a main character, I just didn't understand what you meant here.

Burigu

Smash Ace
John nobody knows me
A bunch of obscure characters, right after another, obscure and irrelevant.

Riki
Chance: 0% Shulk is the more likely choice from Xenoblade
Want: 30% he fits assist trophy better he is funny

Predictions
Phoenix Wright trophy: 13.43%
Andy: 2.74% this one in top ten? seems like overrated but who knows

Nominations:
Unlockeable taunts x 5 Well this basically translate to the same as custom special but in this scenario you get to unlock additional taunts for the characters yeah a really good idea I know I know took my days to came up with this concept @ Groose Groose I changed my nom here hope you didn't input the previous one thank you!

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'll abstain from chance, and 0% want for both characters.

Nominations:
M. Bison x4
Ken Masters x1

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
John
Chance: 0% - He doesn't stand a ghost of a chance.
Want: 88% - I still think he would make a great character.

Riki
Chance: 0% - Most of the rosters already been revealed and we don't even have Shulk yet.
Want: 0% - No thanks, I'm good.

Predictions
Phoenix Wright trophy: 28%
Andy: 11%

Nominations: Rundas x5

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
:bee: Yay! I was waiting for Raimi to be on here!

Chance: 7%
I know that's generous. As someone stated, there's a chance Sakurai doesn't even know who John Raimi is. Without a sticker or trophy in Brawl, the only mention that Geist existed was that it was in the list of Nintendo published games. The reasons why I'm ranking it so high is:
1. I really want it to happen.
2. I think Sakurai could see the merit in having Raimi as a playable character (splitting a spirit from a fighter's physical body could open up a world of possibilities).
3. It could be so far out of left field, he might want to surprise everyone.

Want: 100%
As you can see from my signature, I created a support thread and have petitioned for Raimi for years.

I think the Geist franchise has an incredible amount of potential, and in many ways Raimi represents the strong, silent character that so often typifies Nintendo archetypes. Next to Sonic returning, he was the character I most wanted. Following the N64 days, I always wanted Nintendo to create a unique, exclusive FPS series again. I thought Geist could have fit that bill, and I guess I still do.

I know at best, the most I can hope for is an Assist Trophy, but a man can dream though.... A man can dream...:(

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Hey @ Groose Groose can you make sure we rate the Idolm@ster character when I get back from Otakon? So like Monday?
I'll put it on hold once it gets to the top.

Someone well-versed in Xenoblade should attempt to explain heropons or whatever, because even going through let's plays of the game I don't quite get the point of the creatures and I know not everyone has had the chance to go through Xenoblade.

Basically, are they the Moogles/Chocobos/Cid of the Xenoblade world?
I'm a bit late to respond, but basically the Nopon are indeed the Moogles of Xenoblade. Members of their race are all over the place and are usually traders and minor NPCs. However, when the party visits the Nopon village, their warrior and "legendary heropon" Riki joins the team. He's the jack-of-all trades of the party, and serves as the comic relief for the majority of the game. Despite his status as comic relief, he's much smarter than he appears and partakes in a lot of the games more emotional scenes.

@ Groose Groose It unfortunately was the only acknowledgement in the game, but Brawl DID reference it in the GC Chronicle, so that's something.
Ah, really? To be honest, I don't think I've opened up the Chronicle since back in 2008. It was so boring compared to reading through the information provided by the trophies.

John Raimi: 0.01% chance and 0% want
I can't find a single point in this guy's favor. He was created by an American development team that is best known for making ports and licensed movie games. He never saw a release in Japan, and his title sold pretty poorly in the regions where it did launch. To make matter even worse, it was panned critically; Game Informer named it one of the worst horror games of all time. Furthermore, Raimi failed to acquire even a sticker in Brawl and has not done a single thing since then. The only reason to include Raimi is his very strong uniqueness, but there are dozens of more popular and equally unique characters out there from more prominent series; it's almost an impossibility that Raimi would be selected before them.

Riki the Heropon: 1% chance and 50% want
If we get a Xenoblade character that isn't Shulk, it would be Riki. The Nopon are set to become a recurring species within the Xenoblade franchise, and the future of Shulk and the Monado is less certain. Still, I'm very confident that if a Xenoblade character is chosen, it will be Shulk; I'm also very confident that we won't get more than one character and perhaps a clone from the franchise. So, yeah--1% chance that Sakurai had insider knowledge of the series and went with a middle-of-the-road choice.

Oh, and I don't believe that they would choose Riki over Shulk for fear of Shulk not being unique. The Monado's properties can bring far more to the table than Chrom's Falchion, and Riki is far less important to Xenoblade that Robin is to Awakening. I mean, there was always debate over who the main character of Awakening truly was; there can be no debate that Shulk is the main character of Xenoblade.

As for want? I love Riki, but Shulk is the Xenoblade character I want. I wouldn't be upset with Riki, but I wouldn't be overly thrilled.

x5 More Mii Fighter Classes
Yeah, I think this seriously needs to get rated. I'm not convinced we're out of the woods just yet.

DAY OVER

RIKI JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
John Raimi
0.43% chance
14.18% want

The ruling is unanimous: he doesn't have a Geist of a chance. Get it? Because Geist is German for ghost, and I love the phrase "not a ghost of a chance"? Remember my "ghost of a chance" usage back on King Boo's day? What? Not a ghost of a chance of you remembering something as lame as those? Well, guess what? There's not a ghost of a chance of me stopping.

Riki
3.25% chance
30.27% want

Riki happy happy that Hom-Hom friends take day to rate the Heropon. Riki share his day with all his littlepon. It make littlepon very happy! Riki say farewell to friends. Riki go to fight big purple Dinobeast in hot hot land. Wish Riki luck!

Tomorrow is set aside for Demon Lord Ghirahim and a Brain Age stage. I suggest that you predict them. Yes, I'm talking about tomorrow before I talk about today. Why is that, you ask? Well, let's leave the rest of the talking to Udgey, shall we?

COURT IS NOW IN SESSION FOR THE TRIAL OF A PHOENIX WRIGHT TROPHY.

Oh, and Andy, too. I suspect more of you will care about that.
Anyway, please rate those two things in chance and want.

andimidna

Smash Master
Andy:
Chance: 5% (previously 20%)
I think he's hit a huge blow in his chances. Nothing is pointing too him, just like Isaac. We will have very few more unique newcomers and we still don't know Ridley's fate, have a DK newcomer, and there are higher priorities for new series reps-
First comes a Xenoblade character.
Then a RH character.
Then a Golden Sun character
Then an Advance Wars character.
And Sami does have a bit of a chance as well.
Want: 75%
Pretty much everything above, but I still want him.

Phoenix Trophy:
Chance: 25%
Well, Rayman might be an exception. But even then, I'd think this would affect a character like Professor Layton more, he's in a similar situation. Phoenix Wright... maybe. But it seems like they went through a lot of trouble for Rayman, and I don't expect everybody deserving to get this treatment.
Want: 75%
I don't care much, but I don't see why not.

Pre:
Ghirahim: 20%
I think he deserves this score, even if HW doesn't increase him much...
I still think it will pop up a lot tomorrow.
Brain Age Stage: 20%
idk

x3 Bayonetta... alright, let's get this over with.
x1 Lana... I'm waiting till the game releases in Japan, then I'm gonna try to get Lana and Cia rated on the same day :)
x1 Zant... does anyone else want to rate him?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Andy:
Chance: 10%, I don't think he's that likely. I honestly believe the only way we're getting an Advance Wars rep is if they are to replace Snake's moveset, who is most likely gone... but Andy wouldn't really fit that moveset very well based on what he does and uses, primarily just a wrench. He'd be more of a comedic character, not really fitting of Snake's moveset.
Want: 60%, I think that Advance Wars SHOULD get a playable representative. I just don't care for Andy's design very much and his personality doesn't strike me as being all that interesting either.

Phoenix Wright Trophy:
Chance: 80%, I think its extremely likely. I'd be surprised if Phoenix Wright didn't get a trophy in this game, honestly.
Want: 60%, I don't really care either way, but I'm leaning more towards want. Because I think Phoenix Wright is significant enough to get represented as a trophy.

Nominations:
Sami x5

I'm really hoping to push Sami up enough to get us to rate her. Personally, I think she's more likely than Andy because she'd be easier to make into a clone moveset of Snake, not to mention the fact that she is a lot more popular, too. And she's about as important as Andy overall in the grand scheme of things, considering the fact that Andy isn't in the story of Dual Strike at all.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Can't say I'm surprised.
I still like you, Raimi.

Ahh! :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom