• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I abstain from both.

Endless Ocean Stage x5

John Raimi: .25%
Legendary Heropon Riki: .34%

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Akira Hayami
Chance:2%
Not very likely at all for a playable spot, however I do see the possibility of her being an Assist.

Want:15%
Only if other, more important characters get in first.

Eternal Darkness Representation
Chance:10%
I don't know much about the franchise, but the only thing I can see from them is a song.

Want:50%
I wouldn't care either way.

Predictions:
John Raimi: .24%

Riki: 2%

Nominations:
Destiny (Awakening) x5

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Akari (1080 Snowboarding) as a Playable Character
Chance: 0% - Villager and WFT can get away with the faux-action movesets because the nature of their series allows for that kind of cartoony nonviolent style. More realistic games can't really fall back on that, especially for a snowboarding game.
Want: 0% - I love the song they got for New Port in Brawl, but a character might push it for me.

Eternal Darkness
Chance: 11% - Ugh, it pains me to give such a low rating, but I agree that even the Chronicle was a major breakthrough for ED being recognized in Smash Bros. That said, Metal Gear getting repped (and ED itself being in the Chronicle) does show that Smash Bros isn't turning a blind eye to M-rated series.
Want: 100% - I try to think of Eternal Darkness as less of a survival horror game and more of an action-adventure that happens to be pretty scary (for it's time). It's one of my favorite GC games, I would LOVE for something to be in the game. As for music, the final boss theme, Gateway to Destiny, would work pretty well for stage music.

Predictions:
John (Geist) as a Playable Character: 12% Chance, 9% Want
Riki (Xenoblade) as a Playable Character: 2% Chance, 8% Want

Nominations:
Phoenix Wright Trophy x3
Andy Rerate x2

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Akari Hayami
Chance: 3.33%
Want: 51% another franchise added and we could get a nice stage from the series.

Eternal Darkness
Chance: 2.22%
Want: 666% I mean 100%, people giving this franchise less than 50% are being stupid and like always never research the topic before giving a score (my main problem with this thread), for the people that don't know, Eternal Darkness was so advanced for it's time that the game did get a patent for its unique and most advanced system of "Sanity", this system is so great that let the developers of the game break the 4th wall without worrying to make the game feel cheesy or out of place, making the game mechanics, cut scenes and gameplay truly scary and put in a situation where the gamer didn't know anymore what was happening to the game, console or even inside his own room , it was so well done that by far the game out rank Resident Evil and Silent Hill as horror games and I believe is better in so many ways that makes those two series that represent the Survival Horror genre look like a child's game.

Is the only game that truly scared me and still even today reminds me (haunting me) of a cut scene in a restroom (seriously what the f...).

The Sanity Mechanic did a lot of things to the player:

-) Turn the volume down slowly until you barely hear anything then go up to normal levels.
-) Mute your television for a few seconds.
-) Make a fly appear in the television screen as making you wonder if there was a real fly.
-) Kill your character in the most cheesy way only to appear at the beginning of the room like nothing happened.
-) Hear strange noises, children's voices, chains, etc.
-) Getting a Blue Screen of error.
-) Getting enemies that were imaginary.
-) Putting difficult decisions to the gamers "If you don´t save now, you will lose all your save data" Choices: A) Continue without Saving, B) Don't Save, after you choose the game continues normally. XD
-) Putting upside down the screen.

And many things more, it seriously made the game a cult classic and the characters were well wrote with a lot of story based in the myths of Lovecraft (Cthulhu, Necronomicon, etc.)

.n_n.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
people giving this franchise less than 50% are being stupid and like always never research the topic before giving a score (my main problem with this thread)
Or maybe some people (Including me) simply don't like the games or franchise
I don't really appreciate being called stupid for my own opinion

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Eternal Darkness representation
chance 29%
want 66%

With so many obscure characters getting representation some way or another it's a good possibility of Eternal Darkness getting something like a trophy or the music.

Akari
chance abstain
want 0%

Starman (Pro-wrestling) x5

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Akari Hayami

Chance - 10%
Want - 25%

I generally do not think the chances for Akari Hayami as a playable character will happen (unless I am wrong), but if she were to be as part of a sticker or collectable trophy then I would give her at least 75%.

I can't rate the Eternal Darkness representation as I have never played the game.

andimidna

Smash Master
Haven't shown up in a day or 2... sort of just waiting for something interesting to be rated.
Oh well, I'll rate anyways.

Akari Hayami:
Chance: 0.1%
Almost Impossible.
Want: 51%
I'm a bit interested, but not really a supporter

ED representation:
Chance: 49%
A sticker or trophy of Alexandra would be simple.
Why not?
Want: 60%
See Above.

Predict:
John something: 0.1%
Riki something: 0.9%
Random numbers below 1

x10 Cia (10 left) (15 left)

Last edited:

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Oh vacation. I love you, but you take the color from my life.

So, I could make up some sort of story about these two things, but I'd rather speak the truth about it.

Until now, I had never heard of either of these franchises. I had never played their games, heard anyone reference them, heard anyone talk about their Smash chances, nothing.

So let me be as fair as I can be, knowing that.

I abstain from both chances.
Both want scores are 0%.

It's the fairest I can be. I know nothing of these franchises, so I have no desire to see them in Smash. Meanwhile, I've also never considered their chances, so abstaining from that makes sense as well. I apologize to fans of these games, but this course of action seems to be the fairest.

5 more onto Sonic 3DS stage (Not Green Hill Zone)

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Akari Hayami
Chance: 0% - She's too realistic even compared to Snake. She wouldn't fit in at all.
Want: 19% - I might warm up to her eventually.

Eternal Darkness interactive representation: 4% - Honestly if we are to get any ED representation it would probably just be a trophy. The series is long forgotten and very obscure. At least for frogs the bell tolls was somewhat well known in Japan and had a sticker in Brawl.
Want: 79% - I'll lend my support regardless.

Predictions
John: 0.9%
Riki: 0.2%

Nominations: Rundas (Super Ridley) x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Akari Hayami: 1% chance and 0% want
I did some pretty substantial research on this topic yesterday, and I feel like I've come up with a pretty apt rating. Akari's primary advantages are that she's one of the most notable characters in two fairly notable franchises and that she got a pair of stickers in Brawl. However, these advantages aren't really all that special. Both franchises have gone very dormant lately, and neither of them place emphasis on a character like most Smash-related franchises do. Additionally, although Akari did have two Brawl stickers, there were also several other stickers from both franchises, and she was not the one selected for the 1080 Snowboarding series trophy in Melee. Overall, I find it unlikely that we'll get a Wave Race or 1080 character, and although I feel it would most likely be her, I can't even say that for certain.

Oh, and I'd rather not have her. I have fond memories of Wave Race 64 from when I was a kid, but I think a playable character from the franchise would be pretty boring; also, she wasn't in the entry I played. Additionally, I'm not a huge 1080 fan even though I own the N64 game, and I don't even remember any of the characters in it from when I played it a few years ago.

Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation: 5% chance and 50% want
This game sounds more and more interesting the more I read about it. I wouldn't mind seeing something from it in Smash, as it might motivate me to play the game. Still, I think it's pretty unlikely that it will happen; it doesn't seem like the franchise that fits best with Smash, and I can't recall it being referenced in the games before. It could definitely happen, but I think a regular trophy is the most likely option.

Phoenix Wright Trophy x5
It's time to bring it to a close.
I present to you the last piece of evidence...
TAKE THAT!

DAY OVER

I AIN'T AFRAID OF NO GEIST

Groose

Smash Champion
Akari Hayami
1.26% chance
19.80% want

As a snowboarder, Akari is used to dealing with frigid conditions. Even so, she wasn't prepared for the icy hearts of our raters; they say she will be left out in the cold. Unless some sort of 1080 happens, she is unlikely and unwanted.

Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation
9.86% chance
46.27% want

It seems that Eternal Darkness will be eternally left in the dark when it comes to interactive representation. Even so, facing the darkness isn't all that unpopular of an opinion. The dark isn't perfect, but support for it exists.

Yesterday we discussed the first M-rated Nintendo franchise. Why should we stop there? Let's discuss Nintendo's second M-rated game, Geist. John Raimi is the titular geist in the Gamecube FPS Geist, and he'd certainly be a unique character because of his ghostly properties. Will that be enough to give help him in despite his game's poor reception (commercially and critically) and the fact that he never made an appearance in Japan? Please rate John Raimi in chance and want.

That aside, let's move on to the other character for today: the Legendary Heropon Riki, one of the seven main playable characters in the title Xenoblade. Instead of giving him a formal introduction myself, I'll leave that honor to Chief Dunga. Just remember one thing--Riki is far more than comic relief, and he participates in a lot of touching scenes. So, watch this video, then rate the Legendary Heropon Riki!

Tomorrow? Who cares what tomorrow holds?

Oh, we all care. Because tomorrow holds a Phoenix Wright Trophy and Andy. Predict away!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Akari Hayami: 1% chance and 0% want
I did some pretty substantial research on this topic yesterday, and I feel like I've come up with a pretty apt rating. Akari's primary advantages are that she's one of the most notable characters in two fairly notable franchises and that she got a pair of stickers in Brawl. However, these advantages aren't really all that special. Both franchises have gone very dormant lately, and neither of them place emphasis on a character like most Smash-related franchises do. Additionally, although Akari did have two Brawl stickers, there were also several other stickers from both franchises, and she was not the one selected for the 1080 Snowboarding series trophy in Melee. Overall, I find it unlikely that we'll get a Wave Race or 1080 character, and although I feel it would most likely be her, I can't even say that for certain.

Oh, and I'd rather not have her. I have fond memories of Wave Race 64 from when I was a kid, but I think a playable character from the franchise would be pretty boring; also, she wasn't in the entry I played. Additionally, I'm not a huge 1080 fan even though I own the N64 game, and I don't even remember any of the characters in it from when I played it a few years ago.

Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation: 5% chance and 50% want
This game sounds more and more interesting the more I read about it. I wouldn't mind seeing something from it in Smash, as it might motivate me to play the game. Still, I think it's pretty unlikely that it will happen; it doesn't seem like the franchise that fits best with Smash, and I can't recall it being referenced in the games before. It could definitely happen, but I think a regular trophy is the most likely option.

Phoenix Wright Trophy x5
It's time to bring it to a close.
I present to you the last piece of evidence...
TAKE THAT!

DAY OVER

I AIN'T AFRAID OF NO GEIST
Anyway on to the ratings:
John Raimi
Chance: 2%
Nintendo never cared for this franchise anyway :(
Want: 70% I actually liked this game, and a ghost character sounds cool.

Riki: Abstain

Nomination: Ghirahim rerate x5 Fabulous time!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
John Raimi Geist

Rating will be with held, I don't know enough about the series.

Riki

Chance: 35%

His chances are not that high, because the likely of getting more than one Xenoblade Chronicles Rep is very slim.

Want: 45%

I would not mind him, but I would rather have someone like Shulk before we get Riki.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
John Raimi:
Abstain. I don't know anything about him.

Riki:
Chance: 10%
There's no way on Bionis he's getting in over Shulk, but on the off chance Xenoblade gets a second representative he's definitely a top contender.

Want: 80%
HEROPON VERY COOL!

x5 Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
John Raimi:
Chance - 0%
Poor reception and not going overseas gives him pretty much no chance of getting in.
Want - 0%
And good thing too, cause I hate that game

Riki the Legendary Heropon: the Heroponest of all Heropon
Chance - 0%
He's not getting in this game at least. If we get a Xenoblade rep it'll be Shulk, and even if we get a 2nd it'll be Seven.
Want - 99%
Oh gosh
Riki is just the best thing
I mean, I'd prefer for Shulk and/or Seven to get in first. BUT COME ON LISTEN TO THIS MUSIC
Basically, if we ever get a 3rd rep from the same game, he'd be it. He's just so lovable
EDIT: I forgot a few things. Namely:

That is all. No context is required. Made by yours truly and fished out from the depths of the Shulk thread.

Phoenix Wight: 0%
Capcom already has Mega Man, it ain't happenin'.

Oh derp I'm dumb
Phoenix Wright Trophy: 45%
Seeing as Capcom has Mega Man, he could be in as a trophy
and nothing else
Andy: 23.43%
Could happen. Would be nice

Metal Face Boss x5

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
John Raimi - 0%
I'd completely forgotten that Geist was a game that exists, and I definitely didn't know Nintendo is responsible for it. In terms of Smash, he just seems to have too many obstacles in his way: unpopular, poorly received, M-rated, and never released in Japan, all of which point to the game remaining at best a footnote in Nintendo's history, never to be seen again. At least Eternal Darkness is a cult classic; I don't think Geist has even that much in its favor, and by extension I can't imagine it's protagonist has any shot at being in Smash.
Want - 0% - No thank you.

Riki - 0%
If we're going to get a Xenoblade Chronicles rep, it's absolutely going to be Shulk, and I think it's fair to say at this point that with the game remaining MIA in Smash just over a month before release, there's no reason to believe they might get two reps. To that end, I don't think Riki has any shot of being in regardless of his individual qualifications, though maybe that might be worth revisiting if Shulk's revealed pre-release.
Want - 0% - He's adorable, I'll give him that much, but I really don't wan to see two Xenoblade characters at this point.

D

Deleted member

Riki and John Raimi have been added to the Directory.

The Legendary Heropon Riki
Chance: Smashingbeast is big and scary!
(3%)

The thing is if we get a Xenoblade rep, I guarantee you that it is going to be Shulk alone and it's Shulk or bust.
Still, Riki is pretty popular in Japan; they really love the little guy! He is also somewhat of the mascot for Monolith Soft since they have a plush of him according to their blog:
http://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/special/staffBlog/top.html
I sense that Monolith might have some favoritism towards Riki and they might request to Sakurai to make him just an Assist Trophy...
Now that the Nopon are in Xenoblade Chronicles: X, it's possible that one Nopon could become a major contender for the next Smash game if there is enough demand.
Want: HEROPON VERY COOL! (100%)
Come on! He's the freaking Heropon! He would be awesome to have in Smash!

John Raimi, who isn't the Legendary Heropon
Chance:
0%

A forgotten game? A game with poor commercial and critical reception? With little to no demand for a sequel? That isn't happening.
Want: 0%
Not interested.

Phoenix Wright Trophy Prediction: 33.77%
Possible since Capcom has content in this game.
Andy Prediction: 12.48%
He's kinda overrated now...

Nominations: Dr. Mario Alt. Costume 5x

D

Deleted member

John Rami

Chance: 0%
Want: 0% - No thanks

Riki

Chance: 0% - No way he will get in over Shulk.

Nomination

Marshal x5

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
John:
Chance: .2%

-Completely unknown character. Doesn't need to be in this game. No connection.

Riki
Chance: 1%
Want: 45%

-Shulk first for this game, then maybe another one in smash 5.

Predictions:
Phoenix Wright: 56%
Andy: 42%

Nominations:
Micaiah AT x 5

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
John something:
Want: Abstain

Hero...pon...Riki...?
Chance: 0.1%
He has credentials, but he's a Xenoblade character that's not Shulk, so while Shulk may be a shoo-in, we have yet to see any Xenoblade content... and 2 reps is almost impossible. I think he'd be a likely 2nd pick though if that were to happen... still in competition with characters like Fiora.
Want: 40%
I guess that would be kind of funny?

Pre:
PWright Trophy: 40%
Professor Layton is in a better spot for this due to being in a similar situation to Rayman, but this isn't all that unlikely
Andy: 13%
Slightly overrated. Characters representing new series are harder to compare when rating and end up becoming more popular and more likely when comparing results that weren't based off each other when rated. Basically, there aren't many unique characters left and there's almost no chance he'll take priority at this point. Yet he has credentials so he'll get a decent score, and Advance Wars is well liked and fully deserving of this happening. Hopefully the "fall of Gematsu" doesn't result in an increase in his score...

That moment when the most interesting thing in a day is a prediction... (well, for me it was anyways)

x10 Ghirahim (10 left)
This seems like a good time to rate him. Right after he was confirmed playable for HW :)
I know I usually nom Cia and she was technically too, but... oh well.

D

Deleted member

John Raimi

Chance: 1%

As far as I know, Geist is even more forgotten than Eternal Darkness. Both are one-off IPs that sold poorly, and people wonder why Nintendo focuses more on "kiddie" content than "MATURE, HARDCORE GAMES FOR ADULTS!" Whether it was poor advertising from Nintendo's marketing department or lack of interest from consumers, money spoke louder than words.

Want: 60%

He would be a unique addition, but I wouldn't be that excited for him.

Heropon Riki

Chancepon: 40%

If Smash 4 is only getting one Xenoblade character, then it will probably be Shulk. If it gets one more, then Heropon Riki might make it in. Maybe he'll be an Assist Trophy.

Wantpon: 70%

I would rather have Melia, Reyn, Dunban, or Seven as a second Xenoblade representative, but Riki is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated.

Quadruple Zeroes. For John, a forgotten, poorly received game will not get a playable character, nor should it. For Riki, Xenoblade is not going to get two characters, and I'm not even that interested in it getting one.

Phoenix Wright Trophy prediction: 40.18%
Andy prediction: 13.89%

Brain Age Stage x10

edit: I can't type.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
John Raimi: 0% across the board.

Riki: 0% for both once again.

Nominations:
I wonder if this will actually work?

Sami x 5. I know people think if we get Advance Wars representation it'll be Andy, but I honestly think that Advance Wars might be the exception, mainly due to Snake.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm going to give my percentages in a bit, but before anyone answers the want portion for Riki do the following two things:

1.) Press play on the YouTube video of Riki's theme that can be found in the post by @ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime

2.) Scroll down and watch the Gif in the post by @ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke while the song plays.

Go ahead. Do it.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
John- 0.05%
Want- abstain

Riki- 0.5%
Want- 5%

Phoenix Wright Trophy- 49.5%
Andy- 11%

Theater Stage x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
John Raimi Chance: 1% I think what kills his chances is that his game isn't even his horrible reception, like with Nester and. Mike Jones, his game never came out in Japan, which could mean that Sakurai could easily avoid getting Geist representation in SSB4.

Nominations:
Mother 3 Content without Lucas x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Don't care about John. Today is all about the Heropon!

Riki: 100% Want
Best character ever. The best form of comic relief is when the comic relief can be serious. There's not a lot I can talk about without spoiling the game, but he's an awesome character that I know a lot of people have fallen in love with.

not giving a chance score because it'll make the heropon sad ;_;

but okay. probably like 3% chance because the second xenoblade character will be fiora

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
John Raimi
Chance: 0% - No way, it's an obscure game that isn't popular anywhere.
Want: 5% - I mean, he could have some interesting gimmicks based on how his game played I suppose.

Riki
Chance: 5% - There is some odd, off the wall chance that he could be chosen to represent Xenoblade the way a Mog could be chosen to represent Final Fantasy.
Want: 80% - This was weird for me, because there are a lot of characters I want before a second Xenoblade rep - but he would be SO MUCH FUN that I had to bump him up to 80%.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
John Raimi
Chance:0%
Who?

Want:0%
Who?

Riki:
Chance:1%
Extremely unlikely. 'Nuff said.

Want:30%
I love the guy, but there are other 2nd Xenoblade characters that I'd rather see.

Nominate:
Destiny (Awakening) x5

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
John Raimi
No need to explain this one.

Riki
Chance: 0.5%- If there is a second Xenoblade Character, it would probably be Dunban or Seven... or even Mumkhar. I highly doubt there will even a second xenoblade character so it doesn't really matter.
Want- 100% I would love to have the heropon

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
John Raimi: Chance 1%
If I don't know this game, its unlikely will pick it

Want: 20%
Don't know, don't care. I'd rather not in the end.

Heropon riki

Chance: 3%
As most say, if anything its shulk, Though I get the feel he is a liked character. He's probably a trophy.
Want: 50% I really don't care. Then again, I Haven't played Xenoblade.

Sami x5
I get the feeling not enough know her. Well, im Shure it'll come up tomorrow at some point,

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
John Rami: 0% Chance, 1% want
Even more obscure than eternal darkness

Hero de pon::
Chance: .5%
I guess Xenoblade could get a 2nd rep...
Want: 00000%
Oh god, please no. I've never played Xenoblade, but this guy seems more like comic relief than anything.

Predictions:
Phoenix wright trophy: 44%
Andy: 9.3%

Nominating galacta Knight x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom