• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Music in stages not from the origional franchise

Chance - 5% - Stuff like Frozen Hillside on Halburd makes me think they might have to think this one over, but my gut says they'll stay.

Want - 50% - On one hand, having stage music fit the stage allows for more sense, but on the other hand I'm afraid that it might cause some other tracks to miss out. Honestly, I'm just waiting for the track list.

Dry Browser Alt

Chance - 20% - Reasonable, but I think he will remain just a diffferent colour.

Want -50% - I don't care about many alt-costumes.

Predictions

Wave Race Person - 0.21% - I don't see it.

Eternal Darkness Interactive Representation - 1.05% - Not alltogetter confident.

Nominations

"In the Space Pirate Ship" X5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Music Not Limited by Franchise Likelihood: abstain
Want: 15%

Dry Bowser Likelihood: 15%
Want: 50%

Karate Joe x5

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Stage music not limited: 5% I have doubts on it happening.
Second thought...15% because Namco once had something called "Tekken Tunes". Stuff like other characters via alt costumes is sort of a thing they did in Tekken, so its possible they're influencing some of this stuff. Of course it'd fall down to Sakurai in the end, but maybe they'd make him like the idea.

Want: 20% I feel it'd be too overwhelming to have so much music to mess with on every stage. Would love it on the Smash Bros focused stages and main menu, and in the multiple stages of a franchise (ex: Music in between all the Mario stages), but not really elsewhere unless they organize it decently.

Dry Bowser costume: Chance abstain.
Want: 5% I never liked Dry Bowser, and for some reason I don't like even looking at him.

Nom: Bayonetta rerate x5

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Stage Music:
Chance: 5%
Want: 70%

It would really depend on the stage. Like I would love to hear Radiant Dawn Music on any neutral stage.

Dry Bowser
Chance: 65%

It seems like Dry is the ideal costume for Bowser. I have no connection though.

Predictions:
Ayami : 3%
Eternal Darkeness: 14%

Nominations:
Idolm@ster character x 5 (ALMOST THERE!!)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Music not limited by ... that thing
Abstain

I'm still not quite clear on the expectation here.

Dry Bowser
Chance - 20%
Good costume, I suppose it could happen

Want - 50%
Meh.

Predictions
Ayami - 2.54
Eternal Darkness - 7.43

Nominations
x5 Tag Team Battles

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Stage Music Uninhibited by Home Series:

Chance: 5%

It just feels unlikely in the sense we seem to be talking about it. There isn't much to say on this subject.

Want: 75%

I want to see this implemented in some ways and not others. If we're talking about putting Mario music in the Mega Man stage, or whatever, I could do without that. But, what I really want to see is a more diverse song selection on Final Destination and Battlefield.
Let's go back to C-R-O-W-N-E-D for an example, since we just talked about it. Some people were unsure of its chances because they thought we would be seeing a Green Greens-type happy Kirby stage, instead of a Halberd-type action Kirby stage. If that's the case, I would love to see C-R-O-W-N-E-D be a selectable song on Final Destination, since that stage definitely has the epic feel a song like C-R-O-W-N-E-D deserves to accompany. And this could go for other franchises as well. Final Destination could use Vs World Champion from Pokemon X/Y, Battle for the Grand Star from Mario Galaxy, songs that have that sort of epic feel to them (note: those are examples I just looked up to try to prove my point, there may be way better candidates than those). Plus, Final Destination has thus far just been the generic Smash Bros music, and while I'm not asking to eliminate those, I think that it could do with some more diversification in ways that keep it as epic as it's always been and represent what Smash Bros is, a gathering of Nintendo franchises for one epic fight.

Dry Bowser:

Chances: 50%

If Bowser's getting an alt, it's probably gonna be this. But there's the question, is Bowser getting an alt? Only time can really tell. Other than things like Dark Pit's tease, there's nothing we can really say to predict alts, we just have to wait and see who the lucky characters with alts are.

Want: 20%

@Kalimdori said it best, we can do this in Project M. It'd be cool to see it in an official Smash Bros game, but I'd also like to see something else, something we're not expecting, something that'll instantly catch our hearts and make it the goto Bowser costume. …Or we could stick with Super Saiyan Bowser as the one with yellow hair has been nicknamed by the internet.

5 more nominations to 3DS Sonic stage (Not Green Hill Zone).

And y'know what? I'm gonna try to make a prediction for once.
2.75% for Akari Hayami (Wave Race)
.75% for Interactive Element from Eternal Darkness (does that just mean anything that's not just a trophy?)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Stage music not limited by franchise- 7.5%, It goes against a long-standing tradition, although it is possible given that we have been given greater control over music selection with each iteration of Smash.
Want- 100%, I grow weary of hearing only Smash themes on Battlefield & Final Destination.

Dry Bowser- 20%, Alternate costumes seem to be a thing in this Smash, and I do not have ideas of what other costume Bowser would get if not this.
Want- 100%, It looks wicked kewl.

Akari Hayami- 0.6%
Eternal Darkness Representation- 38%

Theater Stage (Paper Mario: TTYD) x5

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Music from other games in non-related stages that already have a stage (if not it, then ignore)
100% chance, 90% want

I hate to burst your bubble, but this has already happened. on several stages (halberd for example) there has bean cross game music. Why not again?

Dry bowser costume
60% chance 50% want

Its a popular idea and as far as I know, not a hard one. it is really unpredictable though.

Sami x 5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Music from different franchises playing on different stages:
Chance: 80% We had Golden Sun music on Norfair and I think music from other races on Mario Circuit, it has happened before, just not from franchises that have playable characters. I think Mario Bros. has a fair few as well.
Want: 60% I only want to do this if it doesn't fit on a stage from the series its on. For Example, I would rather have Rainbow Road play on Fountain of Dreams instead of Mario Circuit (I know Fountain of Dreams wasn't in Brawl)

Dry Bowser costume
Chance: 50% Its possible, but I think a simple colour change could happen as well.
Want: 60% There are others I probably would prefer but sure, I'd take it.

nominate Parabo & Satebo x5.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Music not limited by franchise.
chance:50%
want:75%

Dry Bowser costume:
chance: 60% It is the only alt I can see for bowser.
want:90% pls bass smash potato samurai.

nominations.
N re-rate x2
Nonplayble character becoming character DLC x3

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I still can't believe my idea actually got to be discussed. Hopefully I can clarify anyone's confusion.

Stage Music Not Limited by Franchise
Chance: 30%

I was worried people would get confused by the title, and I've already seen a few saying "Wait, we already had out-of-franchise music on stages in Brawl!" Well...that's not what I meant, and I blame my inability to find a clearer title. What I mean is the ability for franchises that have a stage to have music on other, out-of-franchise stages if said music fits those stages better.

So for example, you know how in Brawl, the music for Frozen Hillside from Kirby Air Ride was thrown onto the Halberd stage, where it didn't fit at all? Wouldn't the ice-and-snow feel of the theme have fit better on The Summit? But it couldn't, because the Kirby music was limited to the Kirby stages. What I nominated is the idea that we could see Bowser's Castle music on the Pyrosphere, King Dedede's theme in the Boxing Ring, and any number of others. How about a Final Destination tracklist full of final boss music?

As far as chance goes, we've seen nothing that confirms or denies it so far, and there's little evidence we can really pull from what we know, since the demo only had one track available per stage and all of them were fairly predictable (even Id (Purpose) on Arena Ferox, despite it possibly having doubled as a Robin tease). It seems so far that we're getting music pigeonholed into stages by franchise like in Brawl...but who knows, Sakurai might see this as the next evolutionary step for the soundtrack to take.

Want: 100%

I'm a musician by trade...or at least I was in college. Soundtracks are a bigger deal for me than they are for a lot of people. I'm also huge on thematics and especially on thematic music--the reason I like video game music so much is how it's designed to fit in with its situation in-game and add to the atmosphere, the emotions of a scene, and/or the level of immersion overall.

So if Sakurai and the gang were to make one little adjustment to how they handled the stage music...they could really bring out the thematic potential it has even more, and do so in a way that also fit right in with the nature of the game as a crossover!

So yeah. That's why this was a big enough deal for me to where I singlehandedly pushed it to the top of the nomination list in order to see how everyone else felt. >_>

Dry Bowser (as Alternate Costume)
Chance: 35%

So as you know, Lucina was originally planned to be Marth's alternate costume...meaning that complex alternate costumes are definitely a thing. The big question is about how many there are...and it's too early to say that when we only know of one confirmed one (Hoodie Mac) and one that became her own character. If there are enough to where Bowser got considered for one, though, Dry Bowser is the only real option. Giga Bowser is still his FS, and Dark Bowser (from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story) would work better as a unique alternate color a la Light Suit Samus or Uncle Mario.

I don't play as Bowser, so it's no skin off my bones (heh) if he has no alternate costume. It's a cool design, though, and if Bowser ends up as competent competitively as he looked in the Comicon tournament, we could see a decent amount of players drop-kicking their way up the brackets playing as giant undead turtle dragons.

Predictions
Akari Hayami: 0.89%
Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation: 5.11% 1.79%

What did the nominator mean by "interactive"? A trophy? A sanity meter-style psych? I'm assuming any content you can look at...so the former, I guess.

EDIT: Thanks for clarifying, Tech. Unfortunately, it doesn't help its chances...

Nominations
...****, what do I nominate now? :ohwell:

...Actually, hold on a minute. What's the exact nature of the Rundas (Super Ridley) nomination?

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Music Not Limited By Franchise:
Chance: 90%

If a song fits a stage, then why would I not want it to play there? For example, Rainbow Route, for some strange reason, plays on the Halberd stage. I love the song but it doesn't match at all. That song would sound much better on the Green Greens stage.

Dry Bowser Alt:
Chance: 20%

Dry Bowser and Rookie alt please.

Nominations:
Ken Masters x3
M. Bison x2

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Tomorrow we'll be visiting the Wave Race franchise for the first time, and we'll also be talking about Eternal Darkness (I believe for the second time).
Please predict how Akari Hayami and Interactive Eternal Darkness representation will do.
Keep in the mind that while Akari Hayami has appeared in the Wave Race franchise, her origin is the excellent snowboarding game 1080 for the N64.

Different Music in Different Stages:
Chance: 10%
The music's connection to the Stage is the reason why the music is so enjoyable.
Want: 0%
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Dry Bowser:
Chances: 5%
I don't think Sakurai is looking to give every character an alternate costume.
I thought it was really creepy when that happen in New Super Mario Bros I believe.

Predictions:
Akari Hayami from 1080: .65%
Eternal Representation: 7.19%

Nominations:
Phoenix Wright Trophy x 5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Stage musics not limited by franchise chances: 4 %
Okay, it already happened in previous Smash games, with a Fire Emblem music on a Zelda stage (Melee) or a Golden Sun music on a Metroid stage (Brawl), but it was because those universes were not represented by playable stages. Now something like the Lysandre battle theme from Pokémon X and Y on a potential Bowser's Castle stage just because it matches the atmosphere? I don't believe it, except maybe for Battlefield or Final Destination due to being stages created for Smash Bros.

Stage musics not limited by franchise want: 10 %
Unless the music comes from a universe not represented by any stage, I'm against because I feel than it makes little sense even for a crossover. At best I'm okay with things like epic boss battle musics featured on the Final Destination stage.

Dry Bowser alternate costume chances: 19 %
Sakurai considering Lucina as an alternate costume for Marth means that he's considering complex alternate costumes for characters. Contrary to Lucina, Dry Bowser as just an alternate costume makes sense because both Bowser and Dry Bowser are canonically the same being: in New Super Mario Bros, Bowser falls in lava and becomes Dry Bowser, then later in the game Bowser Jr. puts the skeleton into a cauldron to revert Bowser to his original form. Though I don't know Dry Bowser's status in Super Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros. 2, if he's a different being or if the situation is similar to New Super Mario Bros, but for sure he's a different character in Mario Kart / Mario Party / Mario and Sonic games.

Anyway I think than the New Super Mario Bros. situation makes Dry Bowser legitimate as a Bowser alternate costume, but using a skeleton of another character feels... weird, because if he's an alternate costume he will obviously have the same physics, meaning that his weight would be the same as regular Bowser. And really, a skeleton with the same physics and weight as the regular character feels wrong.

Dry Bowser alternate costume want: 35 %
I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. on the DS as well as using him in Mario Kart Wii, but as I explained a skeleton with the same physics as the original character would feel really awkward.

Predictions:
Akari Hayami: 0,00 % - I expect a LOT of 0 % for this one and that she will end up with the same chance rating as Lucas the Wizard.
Eternal Darkness representation: 4,73 %

Nominating:
Playable newcommer: Magikarp x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Stage Music not tied to franchise
Chance: 7%

Dry Bowser:
Chance: 37%
Played NSMB till it blacked out.

Predictions:
Akari Hayami: 0.1%
Eternal Darkness reps: 14.3%

Noms: Mega Mewtwo Y x5

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Stage Music and stuff
Chance: abstain

Dry Bowser
Chance: 80%
Considering how costumes stopped being mere palette swaps and could simply be different models too, I can totally see Dry Bowser making it in.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Stage Music:
Chance: Abstain
Want: 90%

Dry Bowser:
Chance: 40%
I feel like they won't want to copy Project M.

Want: 25%
I think they could do better.

Predictins:
Both: 2%

I actually won two predictions within a week of each other? Sweet.
Nominating Galactaca Knight x10

P.S. @ Groose Groose A long time ago I nominated "post release patches". Can you merge that with @ Pureownege75 Pureownege75 's nominations for balance patches?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Abstain on the Stage Music

Dry Bowser;
Chance: 47%
Want: 103%
MARIO KART WIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (And NSMB)

MoreNomsBecauseICan;
E. Gadd (Assist Trophy) x3
Yoshi's Story [Melee] (Returning Stage) x2

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Abstaining on the music part.

Dry Bowser Alt. - 75%

It just seems like the PERFECT costume for Bowser.

Want - 100%

YES! I'd love this. I own Dry Bowser's thread as a separate character here, but I'd still love to see him as an alt.

Akari Hayami Prediction - 0.6%

Eternal Darkness Representation - 16.58%

Outset Toon Link x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Music thing: 5% - I don't think they'll do this.
Want: 50% - Don't care.

Dry Bowser Alt: 40% - If Bowser got a costume, this would be a likely choice.
Want: 20% - I don't care for Dry Bowser.

Akari Hayami prediction: 0.73%
Eternal Darkness prediction: 10.93%

Brain Age Stage x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Results Tab Updated and Given a Brand New List (Music)!

Speaking of music, my rating for that thing:
99% I don't see why not. There are going to be some franchises that don't get a stage but do have some worthwhile music tracks that could be applied elsewhere, at least on the Wii U version where there isn't a limit.
Want - 100%, as long as we get all of the essentials and B tracks from the franchise of origin first.

Dry Bowser Alt - 65%
Want - 100%, not because I'm a big Bowser fan, but because a lot of other people want this.

Akari Hayami predict - 0.5%
ED prediction - 2.5%

Nominations
...****, what do I nominate now? :ohwell:
:D Same as me,
Unlockable Costumes x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Keep in the mind that while Akari Hayami has appeared in the Wave Race franchise, her origin is the excellent snowboarding game 1080 for the N64.
I hadn't done my research yet, so I didn't actually know that. Thanks for pointing it out; I feel like I have the facts straight for her introduction now.

One thing is kind of sad--I own 1080 Snowboarding, and I had no idea she was in it. Granted, I haven't played the game in a few years, but I'm usually better at that.
P.S. @ Groose Groose A long time ago I nominated "post release patches". Can you merge that with @ Pureownege75 Pureownege75 's nominations for balance patches?
Will do!

I still can't believe my idea actually got to be discussed. Hopefully I can clarify anyone's confusion.

...Actually, hold on a minute. What's the exact nature of the Rundas (Super Ridley) nomination?
1. Oh, yeah--that feeling when you push your first nomination singlehandedly all the way to the top... I remember about a year ago when I got Tingle there. Good times!

2. Rundas is a bounty hunter from Metroid Prime 3. I just called his series "Super Ridley" because every single post on Rundas' day will mention Ridle
Noooooooooo! Since when did you do sunday updates! I missed my daaaay! :c I'm now really sad.
Aw man, I'm sorry about that. We've been doing Sunday updates on and off for most of the summer now, so I didn't think it would be a surprise. However, I can say this--I don't intend for us to have another day off until the game ends. I want to cram in as much as humanly possible.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I imagine this is going to happen a lot from here on out, but Dragon Quest news so I gotta be quick!

Music stuff: 3%
Music is the lifeblood of a franchise, and transfusions are kinda icky... though un-staged series will still get tracks on other stages.

Dry Bowser: 50%
He seems the most obvious and best Bowser Alt, but we already have him in P:M, so it doesn't really excite me to see him here.

Japanese Name: 1.1%
Why haven't we gotten a snowboarding game with the balance board anyway...?

Eternal Disinterest: 2.2%
Still stuck with the mud of paedophilia and funding theft...

Any Dragon Quest reprentation*4
(I'm looking at you conspicuous Rayman trophy that could still be more)

Any Fatal Frame representation*1
(I'm looking at you upcoming release with movies, manga, probable Direct and every other possible marketing tool)

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Music Thingy: 5%. Assuming it means franchises with playable characters only, I really doubt it. Only time this happened was in Melee with Temple having the Fire Emblem theme, and that was mostly because FE never got a stage, despite the fact one was planned.
Want: 0%. Eww, no. I'd rather have CROWNED on Green Greens than Final Destination.
Dry Bowser is too dry for Smash: 0%. It's just a pallet swap people.
Want: 0%.
Lief X2, Zoroark X3
1080 Girl whose name I can't remember: 12.7%.
I.E.D.R: 7.23%.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Music not limited by stage: 0%
I don't think they'll do it. We already saw Skyloft's list of songs in the Direct, and it contained Zelda music. While it doesn't really disconfirm it, it strongly suggests that the past trend will not change.

I don't care that much. It is possible for songs from different franchises to fit a stage's atmosphere, but it can feel jarring.

Dry Bowser alt: 10% chance and 100% want
Doesn't seem particularly likely, but it would be awesome.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Music Not Limited By Franchise: 10%
Want: 15% Eh.

Dry Bowser Costume: 50%

I don't feel like doing predictions today.

x5 Riki

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
What did the nominator mean by "interactive"? A trophy? A sanity meter-style psych? I'm assuming any content you can look at...so the former, I guess.
As the nominator, i'll clarify: By "interactive" This means anything you can interact with, be it a character, stage, music, Assist Trophy, whatever, anything that can affect the actual fights. Basically, anything of a bigger magnitude of representation than just trophies/stickers or being listed in the Chronicle.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Music breaking the franchise barriers

Dry Bowser
Chance: 20%
Want: 60%

Predictions
Akari Hayami: 0.8%
Fatal Frame: 13%

Nominations: Rundas x5

Burigu

Smash Ace
Missing yesterday not big deal:
Music:
Here we have to variants
1.- Music present in a stage that is not from that stage franchise like Tetris music in Luigi's Mansion stage but limited only to that stage
2.- Music from any stage playable at others stages, like Ocarina of time medley playable at Skyworld, Final destination, Delfino's Plaza etc basically put the music you want where you want with no restricition

I will take the idea of this nomination on the second scenario otherwise this rate deserve a 100% and we wouldn't need to rate this idea because some songs are present on stages that aren't from the same franchise at least in Brawl so I would say
Chance
: 0%
Want: 0% I can see why people would like to play any song at any stage but, this take to much of the scent of the franchise, I am ok with the diversity normally in any stage all songs are related to the stage, there are few instaces where this isn't true. Better let the stages have their music respected.

Dry Bowser costume:
Hitboxes, hitboxes everywhere all depends on the hitboxes, I can see this costume happening, but if hitboxes are different then all I can see for Bowser is an alt resembling Dry Bowser.
Want: 20%
Don't care, some characters are good with just alts, others on the other hand have much more material to draw from and in some of these cases the clothes wouldn't change the hitboxes or make them visually wrong. Most characters in the "animal kigdom" are fine with just alts.

Nominations
Tag team battles x 5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Stage Music
Chance: Abstain

Smash Bros. is about mixing everything Nintendo into one big game right? Why not have Metroid music on a Kirby level as an option then...other crossover fighting games certainly let you do that and it works fine; See J Stars Victory Vs. for details. Seems a bit arbitrary to stop at the music being crossed over with.

Dry Bowser Costume
Chance: 50%
If Bowser is getting a costume...it's this. It's all dependent if he gets one or not though.

Want: 10%
I prefer my King of Koopa with a little meat on him honestly.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
2. Rundas is a bounty hunter from Metroid Prime 3. I just called his series "Super Ridley" because every single post on Rundas' day will mention Ridle
Oh, okay, it's just for Rundas himself. I thought it might've been some kind of joke suggestion that involved Ridley somehow. With that in mind...

Nominations
Rundas x5

I'll save my bonus ones for now.

-y? >_>

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Stage Music not limited by blahblahblah
Chance: 0.01%
Want:10%

Dry Bowser alt
Chance: 50%
Want: 100000000000% (roughly translates to 100% btw)
Not because I get to play as Dry Bowser, but because I finally get to play as A SKELETON!!

I've decided to start nominating again btw lol
Crocodile Cacophony X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Sorry for the late update. Hyrule Warriors hype, y'know? Ganondorf looks amazing in that game.
As the nominator, i'll clarify: By "interactive" This means anything you can interact with, be it a character, stage, music, Assist Trophy, whatever, anything that can affect the actual fights. Basically, anything of a bigger magnitude of representation than just trophies/stickers or being listed in the Chronicle.
Ack, thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten that music counted.

I've decided to start nominating again btw lol
Crocodile Cacophony X5
Good, as this will likely be your final chance. I doubt anyone will have time to push more than one or two things to the top now.

Stage Music Not Limited By Franchise: 5% Chance and 0% Want
There are two main strikes against this concept. The first is precedent. In the older games (including Brawl, which seems to have a very similar music system to this game), this was not fulfilled. Additionally, we've seen a glimpse of the Skyloft music select screen, and none of the tracks we saw originated in other franchises. I view this as really unlikely, but still viable; I think the 5% I saw a lot of people giving it is apt. In terms of want? I like how stages serve as a sort of "home field" for the characters of their franchise, and giving the stages music from another franchise just clouds that perception for me.

Dry Bowser Alt: 20% chance and 100% want
I want this. I really want this. Not only do I support characters getting fleshed out alternate costumes, I also think Dry Bowser is awesome. That said, it has a solid chance, but I just don't think it's going to happen. I think a costume like this could take some serious work, and I'm not sure they'll go for it. The developers may also have some sort of issue with it in terms of conceptualization ("Dr. Mario can't throw fireballs").

Phoenix Wright Trophy x5

DAY OVER

GROOSE ISN'T LOOSE IN HYRULE WARRIORS, BUT HE IS HERE!

Groose

Smash Champion
Music Not Limited By Franchise
10.87% chance
38.83% want

Just tossing out a bit of note here--I did have to exclude five or six scores today because the reasoning given showed a lack of understanding about the concept. Keep in mind--for the more ambiguous concepts, I will clarify in my daily introductory post. You know... right here. Where I always have a lot of awful puns. Where you probably aren't reading.

Dry Bowser Costume
39.82% chance
59.49% want

Support for this costume dried up a bit because of the existence of Project M; however, Dy Bowser remained over the 50% margin in want and performed well in chance as well. Looks like he's not just a pile of bones like a lot of the characters we've dug graves for lately...

First up today is Akari Hayami. A quick Google search brings up a Japanese model of the same name, but digging a little bit deeper shows that Akari has some things going for her. She's one of the main characters of the 1080 Snowboarding series which had installments on the N64 and Gamecube. In addition, she was included as a character in the third installment of the Wave Race franchise, and she shares her last name with a longtime racer of that franchise, Ryota Hayami. I unfortunately have no idea if they're actually related. Anyway, Akari had two stickers in Brawl (one from both franchises she's been in), but hasn't been seen lately as both series have gone the way of fellow racer F-Zero. (Seriously, what is with the death of these N64/GCN racing franchises?) Anyway, please rate Akari Hayami in chance and want.

She's not the only one up to bat today; we're also revisiting the Eternal Darkness franchise (remember out Alexandra Roivas day?). This time, we're discussing whether or not the franchise will get content that can be interacted with in a match, such as a character, AT, stage, or even music. A trophy does not count. Please rate Interactive Eternal Darkness Representation in chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll be visiting the Geist and Xenoblade franchises. Please predict how John Raimi and the Legendary Heropon Riki will do.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Akari:
Chance and Want: 2%
There's no real reason for her to be included over other potential candidates.

ED representation:
Chance: .01%
This really, REALLY doesn't seem like some thing they would do in smash bros.
Want: 75%
Yet I think they could pull it off quite nicely.

Predictions:
Geist guy: 0%
He'll get destroyed.

I don't even know: 1.7%
Never played Xenoblade.

Nominating Galacta Knight x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom