• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What are you trying to imply, Groose?
That @BKupa666 was just joking the whole time?
Brash the Friggin' Bear is no joke, and you will understand that once he's revealed.
Brash the Bear is the character we don't know we want and Sakurai always is good about giving us characters like these! Also, MUH SAAAAAALES of teh DK franchise is teh importance!!!!1!!! Also, MUH REPS! Also, as DK Land 3 was rereleased on May 7, 2014 for the VC, Brash the Bear has MUH RECENCY!!!1!!!

10000% Chance. He is sooooooo a shoe-in!

1000000% Want. No other character can hit you with an entire moveset of banging their fists to topple trees. That is revolutionary!!!

Burigu

Smash Ace
Ok Seriously it's still the usual
Olimar Alternate Costumes (Louie, President, Alph, Brittany, Charlie) x3
Hi! dude don't think I am critizicing your nom. but you could save some letters with Brittany seriously she is not going to be playable Sakurai already said that himself, she is not playable in any way. Other than that feel free to keep nominating good day pal

Brash
Chance and Want: 0%

I am not acussing anyone for using multiple accouts but the among of new people here giving the bear 100% is really suspicious, good way to troll the scores. I don't believe the normal visitor saw we were rating Brash and decided to join out of the blue. :awesome:

Amazon Pandora:
Chance: 0% Not happening in like 10 games and even then not likely
Want: 80% I prefer Hades, Viridi, Phosphora, Medusa but if I have to choice between her or Dark Pit I will take her anyday

Nominations:
Inkling character x 5

Groose

Smash Champion
[Edit: it's so funny to see that it's currently just above Gyarados on the nomination list]
Everything happens for a reason!

If Brash is revealed as a stage element tomorrow I will lmao.
Brash has no chance of appearing in this game in any form other than perhaps a sticker, and he's almost definitely not getting one of those, either. You can beat DKC3 multiple times and forget about his existence--he's that friggin' obscure.
See that speculatory thread? I ruined that in 1:15:00. You couldn't do it in double that time.
I'm afraid that I have no idea what you're talking about. Care to clarify?
(for the record, the explanation was a joke but I'd like the rates to count. Please, oh great and wonderful Groose!)
lolno
Give me Hades or give me death!
Or is that technically the same thing...
Nope. Hades isn't the God of Death; that would be Thanatos. Hades is the ruler of the Underworld and the master of Thanatos, but he isn't death itself.

Quadruple Zeroes
No explanation required.

DAY OVER

THIS IS JUST UN-BEAR-ABLE. NOW PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Last edited:

Scraps69

Smash Rookie
Brash Bear
Want: 100%
Chance: 0%

No bloody hell day isn't over what about us lads that just woke up, Brash Bear. Brash Bear. I can't bear to not have him.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I am not acussing anyone for using multiple accouts but the among of new people here giving the bear 100% is really suspicious, good way to troll the scores. I don't believe the normal visitor saw we were rating Brash and decided to join out of the blue. :awesome:
Well, if a certain someone who just so happens to be a mod wanted to create multiple accounts, who would stop him? Himself? :troll:

Groose

Smash Champion
Brash the Bear
Scores Not Counted

Just a friendly reminder, voting multiple times is not allowed. It got so bad yesterday that I ended things several hours early and decided not to waste my time trying to figure out which scores for Brash were legitimate and which were not. But, hey look, it was Brash the Friggin' Bear- WHO CARES?

Amazon Pandora
1.86% chance
9.29% want

These scores may be a bit off because of the sheer number of votes that I discarded. I think it would be easier to list the votes I counted than the ones I didn't, to be honest. She came out as unwanted and unlikely, and I think that's pretty accurate to the general consensus.

Today we're rating an item for the first time. The Double Cherry is a cloning item that first appeared in the critically acclaimed Super Mario 3D World, and it is one topic of our discussion today. In addition, we're rating an Assist Trophy as well; Frederick is one tough guy in Fire Emblem: Awakening, and though he's obviously not going to be playable, he could still potentially make it in as an assist. Please rate the Double Cherry Item and the Frederick Assist Trophy in chance and want.

Tomorrow will be our second-ever music day! This time we'll be discussing "C-R-O-W-N-E-D" and "Moo Moo Meadows." Please predict how these songs will fare.

Groose

Smash Champion
We counted the scores for Lucas, a movie character, and not Brash, an actual Nintendo character?
We didn't have a dozen troll accounts come into play for Lucas. Would you rather me announce that Brash has something like a 10% chance and is our most wanted character?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Double Cherry Item and Frederick AT have been added to the Directory.

Double Cherry Item
Chance:
1%

Super Mario 3D World is still a pretty new game. I doubt that Sakurai got the details to this game prior towards its reveal at E3.
Even if he did, the Double Cherry is still a very unlikely item. The main killer is the fact that it would be a technical nightmare to implement in a game like this. If they were having trouble with the Ice Climbers, then I don't see how the Double Cherry would be any better. I bet that there will be immense lag and slowdown during fights...
Want: 0%
The Double Cherry was a nifty concept at first and I liked it on my first playthrough. Then, during my second playthrough, I hated it. It's just creates a colossal mess in-game and there will be frustrating moments if one of the clones ends up dying while attempting to get a Green Star; I always dread seeing this item. In terms of Smash, it would make the battlefields all clustered and it would be too chaotic in an already chaotic fighting game.
However, I would LOVE to see Double Cherry Pass be a selectable song in this game.

Here Comes Frederick!... As an Assist Trophy RIP Brawl in the Family :(
Chance:
25%

Looking at the official poll, Frederick is listed as number 14 for the males. Hmm... this suggests that he could potentially be popular enough to warrant an appearance as an Assist Trophy. That, and he is there with you since the beginning, thus he is in the hearts of many Awakening players.
The issue is, what would he do? Maybe he could charge in and use Luna as an attack? If anything, I see other Awakening characters like Tharja and Gaius be more suitable Assist Trophies than him (Tharja could use all sorts of hexes and special attacks while Gaius would probably throw out some sweets to heal the players and perhaps steal an item).
Want: 50%
Indifferent. I stopped using Frederick after a certain point. He's really good early on, but he gets useless afterwards. So, I don't have much of a connection with him as I do with the other characters. I should unlock more of his supports, but I'm a tad bit lazy!
Also, my preferred choice for an Awakening Assist Trophy is Tharja. That would really be awesome!

C-R-O-W-N-E-D Prediction: 40.45%
After the final boss themes from Kirby that we heard in Brawl, I say that this will have a decent chance.
Moo Moo Meadows Prediction: 12.02%
I'm not feeling this one.

ON THE DOT EXTRA NOMINATIONS! BRAWLER HAPPY! BRAWLER REALLY HAPPY!
Nominations: Riki 15x

Last edited by a moderator:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Double Cherry:
Chance - 0%
This just seems like it'd be confusing. If they had trouble implementing multiple characters like the Ice Climbers or Rosalina, I can imagine it'd be hard to implement an item which duplicated the Ice Climbers. And how would Rosalina work with those lumas? And what about KO's? Would they share %? Is one of them the main one, or does one of them disappear when KO'd? Is it temporary, like the super mushroom? And if it isn't, what's to stop it from being overpowered? How do I hold all these Pikmin? I REALLY don't think this will be in because of all the technical problems it brings up from even being suggested. If it is in though...
Want - 100%
If they do get past all of the potential problems I listed above, I can see it being super fun in non-competitive battles. And in competitive battles, it won't be a thing anyway. New items are always great.
Unless it's a guaranteed OHKO. Friggin' beetle...

Frederick AT:
Chance - 20%
Mixed feelings about that one. Probably one of the most well known Awakening characters after Robin, Chrom and Lucina, and would allow people to see the mounted side of FE combat. However, Lyn is already a FE assist trophy and we might not get another. Kind of iffy on his chances tbh.
Want - 100%
This should go without saying, but PICK A GOD AND PRAY

C-R-O-W-N-E-D: 99.99%
Moo Moo Meadows: 22.45%

Dry Bowser Costume x5
EDIT:
Next Available Day:Dry Bowser Costume
SOON.
Guess this means I need something else to nominate huh...
Metal Face Boss x5

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Very happy with the fact that Brash wasn't counted. Yesterday was a very dark day for this thread.
Double Cherry
Chance: 5%
The big thing with this item. I'm not sure if it was confirmed if both the 3DS and Wii U versions have the same item lists. If they do this is NOT happening, there is no way the 3DS could handle that. I could see it as a Wii U exclusive item, but the chances of it aren't great
Want: 5%
Although it's one of my favorite Mario Power-ups in recent memory, I just don't think it'd be good for smash. It'd just make every character an Ice Climber, and I don't know how it'd work on them or Rosalina. Smash is fun when it's crazy, but this would cross the line imo
Fredrick Assist Trophy
Chance 25%
I don't think we have any Awakening Assist Trophies, so I'd put him on the top of the list for an AT to represent the newest game. There's no guarantee we'll get an Awakening AT though. I could see him ride his horse around and spear people with his lance. It'd be pretty cool to see
Want: 50%
Not very far into Awakening, but I do quiet like the character, he'd be interesting to see, but ultimately, I really don't care too much if he's in or not.
Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costume (Louie, President, Alph, Charlie) x3
Balance Patches x2

Burigu

Smash Ace
We didn't have a dozen troll accounts come into play for Lucas. Would you rather me announce that Brash has something like a 10% chance and is our most wanted character?
I am aware that this is a game to have fun, but to be honest I disliked the among of troll accounts today, good you have the intelligence to discard the score all together.

One thing is to nominate an imposible character like Brash or Pandora (uppss) and another thing troll the actual game, to get unrealistic and "hilarious" numbers.

I approve your decision

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Double Cherry
Hey remember all those technical issues with Ice Climbers? Let's multiply that problem. Literally.

Yeah, it's not happening for the same reason Ditto never happened as a Pokeball Pokemon...and goodness knows what it'd do if the four sets of Ice Climbers grabbed one each.

As much fun as this item was in 3D World, I feel this adds a little too much chaos into the already chaotic Smash Bros...and it'd easily be the most overpowered item in the game, essentially doubling the amount of enemies a person has to fight.

Plus I'm kinda concerned about technical issues with it, in case you couldn't tell.

Fredrick the AT
Chance: 40%
Fredrick was pretty prominent in Awakening. More so than many other characters. I can see this being a possibility, but he still has a lot of Awakening competition too for the AT spot; Tharja, Anna, Tiki(possibly; see Phosphora for details), Lissa(the other major secondary character), Gaius or of course the most obvious FE choice in the legendary; Yarne and Owain tag team option.

Want: 20%
I like Fredrick enough, but I don't know what he'd do as an assist. Ride his horse, shout "Pick a God and Prey?" and stab a fella in the face? Sure it's pretty badass I guess. But I'm sure we could get more creative...

Like putting up risque posters of his summoner causing the opponents to be put in a stunned and helpless state.

Hey; it's a possibility. The face on Wario mainers who unleash him would be priceless. 100% want just for that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm stumped. None of the IPs of the supposed troll accounts match. Whoever did it went as far as to use a proxy... Oh boy.

Last edited:

DACSHeyes

Smash Cadet
Nope. Hades isn't the God of Death; that would be Thanatos. Hades is the ruler of the Underworld and the master of Thanatos, but he isn't death itself.
Fairly sure that depends on which version of the myths you read. I swear I've read a version of the Sisyphus myth where it was Hades who got chained up and people stopped dying, and not Thanatos.
Anyway.
Double Cherries:
Want: 5%
Frederick Assist Trophy:
Chance: 20%

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Double Cherry:
Chances: 5%
Want: 100% Wow, I'm surprised, nobody wants the Double Cherry XD

-Fredrick Assist Trophy:
Chances: 30%

-C-R-O-W-N-E-D Prediction: 81%

-Moo Moo Meadows Prediction: 22,7%

-Nominations: I will use my 10 extra nominations!
Hyrule Warriors Alternate Costumes X15

Tomorrow will be our second-ever music day! This time we'll be discussing "C-R-O-W-N-E-D" .
Yay.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post was updated half an hour ago, I just wasn't able to post it.

Groose

Smash Champion

Let this serve as a message. If you tamper with this game, I will look for you. I will find you. And I will Groose you.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Double Cherry
Chance - 0%
I think realistically it would just not work too well in Smash. It'd make things way too messy and I can't imagine how the game would handle the ice climbers picking these items in large quantities. Or Olimar.
Just doesn't seem practical.

Want - 60%
OK, I admit the idea sounds hilarious and that pushes it above indifference.

Frederick Assist Trophy
Chance - 0%
Why him?

Want - 0%
I find it amusing that people make such a huge deal about Frederick, but honestly to me he was just another Jagen character. Nothing really interests me about him, and while he was one of the better Jagen I still don't find enough to set him apart. And I'd prefer more popular characters from Fire Emblem as assists (Nephenee?), cooler Paladin characters (Titania) or characters that could include aspects of Fire Emblem not otherwise possible (Pegasus Knight triangle attack, Mages/Shaman that cast berserk/bolting, Ballistae, Wyverns, etc.)

Nominations
x5 Tag Team Battles

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Double Cherry Item

Too powerful.

Frederick AT

Too powerful.

Nominate: x5 Robot Ness Alternate Costume

D

Deleted member

Double Cherry

Chance: 0% - Lets make the 3DS version of Smash have more technical nightmares!
Want: 0% Not sold on every character becoming an Ice Climber

Abstaining from Frederick

Nomination

Andy x5

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Frederick AT Chance: 5% If there is going to be a FE:A AT it will most likely be one of the more popular characters such as Tharja (Who's most likely to be one) and Anna.

Nominations:
X5 Mother 3 Content without Lucas

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I don't really care about these concepts, or tomorrow's.

Double Cherry item:
I think this could work in one of two basic ways.

The first, more CPU intensive way is to try to make it faithful to how it works in SM3DW. They are duplicates of you that precisely mirror your inputs but have their own trajectory based on the terrain and being attacked, etc.

The second, easier way is this: they have a fixed offset from your character, so they might float in the air or whatever. This would be less CPU intensive even than having an AT.

Either way, it's a quite complicated item and we already have plenty of items, including plenty of Mario items. I think we've probably seen almost all the items, with the only ones we haven't seen likely being kept hidden so as to avoid spoiling unrevealed characters.

Double Cherry chances: 5%
Unfortunately, it's just too complicated for me to see it as likely. It would be cool, but I'd rather effort be spent on other things, especially since we already have an extensive roster of items.
Double Cherry want: 60%
It would be cool, but really, the only items I'd really like to see at this point are items from series that have no items yet... And ATs might be better choices for a lot of those anyway.

Frederick AT chances: 5%
There are a lot of choices for FE, so I'm just going to default to a low score.

Frederick AT want: 50%
Complete indifference.

Predictions:
CROWNED - 50%
What is this?
Moo Moo Meadows - 50%
I feel this is highly dependent on whether there's a Mario Kart stage on Wii U.

Nominations:

I've been saving my extra nominations because I don't know what to nominate... I was only nominating Brash to get it out of the way. I feel like we've rated all the realistic character choices already, and most of them recently. The only ones that could maybe use adjusting are the veterans... There's been a lot of talk about Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas being cut. We rated Lucas recently, however. Likewise, some people think Jigglypuff is in danger, but we rated her somewhat recently (in June). ROB and Falco might warrant a rerate.

Ice Climbers have never been rerated so maybe they're the best choice at the moment.

Anyone want to advocate for me nominating some alternative thing? Maybe there are some modes that are worth talking about... Surely the Wii U will have some modes exclusive to it.

Nominations:
5x Ice Climbers rerate

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Double Cherry:

Frederick
Chance: 1%
- Awakening is a terrible game, and we need some representation of other Fire Emblem games. Frederick was a unit I never used anyway. He was a Jaegan.

Predictions:
Crowned: 55%
Moo Moo: 7%

Nominations:
Idolm@ster Character x 5

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Double Cherry
Chance: 0% So what could happen if Ice Climbers use these in a fight with other Ice Climbers with this item only? mmmm I don't know even if IC aren't in the game, I find this concept really unlikely.

Want: 0% I don't care

Frederick
Chance: 0.1% I don't see him happening and I don't think he is important enough to get special treatment, Fire Emblem already have 4 characters and 1 assist.
Want: 0% I see why he is liked personally Frederick only saw use in the early parts of my Lunatic Classic file. As soon as the females and their daughters got Galeforce, he was quickly "boxed". I only use three males: Chrom, Robin and Gaius.

Nominations:

I've been saving my extra nominations because I don't know what to nominate... I was only nominated Brash to get it out of the way. I feel like we've rated all the realistic character choices already, and most of them recently. The only ones that could maybe use adjusting are the veterans... There's been a lot of talk about Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas being cut. We rated Lucas recently, however. Likewise, some people think Jigglypuff is in danger, but we rated her somewhat recently (in June). ROB and Falco might warrant a rerate.

Ice Climbers have never been rerated so maybe they're the best choice at the moment.

Anyone want to advocate for me nominating some alternative thing? Maybe there are some modes that are worth talking about... Surely the Wii U will have some modes exclusive to it.
Well there is little evidence towards Ice Climbers, Ness, Meta Knight and Wario's return I am confident enough Ice Climbers aren't going anywhere. Basically because of this:

Apparently the inicial issues with the 3ds version are a thing of the past, and we already have Rosalina in both versions.

On the other hand I have no idea as something cool to nominate so go ahead with Ice Climbers if you want.

Predictions:
Kirby song: 30.56%
Moo moo meadows: 9.32%

Nominations:
Inkling x 5

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Double Cherry
Chance: 0% So what could happen if Ice Climbers use these in a fight with other Ice Climbers with this item only? mmmm I don't know even if IC aren't in the game, I find this concept really unlikely.

Want: 0% I don't care

Frederick
Chance: 0.1% I don't see him happening and I don't think he is important enough to get special treatment, Fire Emblem already have 4 characters and 1 assist.
Want: 0% I see why he is liked personally Frederick only saw use in the early parts of my Lunatic Classic file. As soon as the females and their daughters got Galeforce, he was quickly "boxed". I only use three males: Chrom, Robin and Gaius.

We are rating SM3DW Double Cherry not PacMan's cherry

Well there is little evidence towards Ice Climbers, Ness, Meta Knight and Wario's return I am confident enough Ice Climbers aren't going anywhere. Basically because of this:

Apparently the inicial issues with the 3ds version are a thing of the past, and we already have Rosalina in both versions.

On the other I have no idea as something cool to nominate so go ahead with Ice Climbers if you want.

Predictions:
Kirby song: 30.56%
Moo moo meadows: 9.32%

Nominations:
Inkling x 5
Yeah I realized and fixed. My bad.

D

Deleted member

Someone created troll accounts just for Brash? Wow...

Double Zeros for Double Cherry

Frederick:
Chance - 10%: I think there are more likely candidates not just from Fire Emblem as a whole, but from Awakening, to be an assist.
Want - Abstain: I don't care. An assist trophy that rides an animal could be cool though.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Hey, no one made multiple accounts for Brash. Yeah, you got an influx of users from a Donkey Kong fansite who thought it would be funny to support an underdog character that people outside of that fandom barely knew about, but if that's suddenly grounds for throwing the whole thing out, you're taking this way too ****ing seriously.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Hey, no one made multiple accounts for Brash. Yeah, you got an influx of users from a Donkey Kong fansite who thought it would be funny to support an underdog character that people outside of that fandom barely knew about, but if that's suddenly grounds for throwing the whole thing out, you're taking this way too ****ing seriously.
But here's the thing.
Nobody did this when we rated Lucas. Nobody did this when we rated Amazon Pandora. Nobody did this when we did Aran Ryan.
Though tbh I would have liked people to do that for Aran Ryan ;n;

Scraps69

Smash Rookie
Look Groose, yeah Jeff did send us a pm letting us know, but if we are not interested in supporting Brash Bear we would have ignored it. By taking steps to say that we are 'troll' accounts, you also forfeit the legitimacy of this thread.

Morbi

Scavenger
Frederick Assist Trophy Chance: 10%

There are so many potential Awakening characters to choose from. Tharja is arguably the most likely, I would not be entirely surprised to see a more prominent character such as Lissa or Sumia either; however, Frederick stands above most of the candidates.

Frederick Assist Trophy Want: 50%

Frederick was my team on my first play-though... until he abruptly ceased to work in a relevant capacity. I am rather fond of him and I would not be opposed to seeing him over Tharja to be completely and utterly honest. Albeit, Tharja could probably offer a more unique attack. It is 50% as I have my heart set on a different assist trophy. I want Basilio and Flavia to function as Kat and Anna do and pair-up as the coolest assist in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom