• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
DLC Newcomers: 10%. Gematsu died, and even then they never said anything about newcomers IIRC. Just said there will be DLC, never narrowed it down.
Want: 50%. IDC.
Crash: 0%. Sony says hi.
Want: One of the worst gaming characters. Sweet mother of Koopa no!
TF Repping: 10%. Character? Yeah, not happening over K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, Funky, or Kiddy. Stage? Massive stretch. Music? Very slight chance.
Want: 70%. Music's great, and there is good stage potential.
Kid Icarus from Pit X5 Chef Kawasaki X5

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
D$C Newcomers- 35%
Sakurai seemed adamantly opposed to the idea in Brawl, and it'd seem like overkill in conjunction with Amiibo.
Want - 100%
Key word- newcomers. The only concern I have is DLC veterans, which I don't want at all unless it's a totally revamped Mewtwo.

Crash- 0%
Want- 75%
A gaming icon, but too associated with Sony for me to go full hundo

TF- abstain

Birdo- 1%
Paper Mario- 9%

City Trial Stage x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Updated the top 10 of chance seeing how it was outdated, lemme know if I made any mistakes

Will probably update top 10 of want soon....

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Purchaseable DLC Newcomers: abstain

I just haven't thought about it enough to give an opinion.

Crash Bandicoot:

Chance: 1%

And that's a merciful 1%. Honestly, in terms of playable third party characters, we have Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man. In my eyes, the only way that we see any more third party fighters is if Snake returns. Either Snake or nobody.

Want: 15%

Never been a huge Crash guy. I just don't know him much.

Tropical Freeze representation:

Chance: 85%

I'll bet at least something from the game gets in, even if it's just a trophy.

Want: 85%

It'd be nice to see.

And put my 5 nominations into A 3DS Sonic stage in addition to Green Hill Zone, or whatever phrasing I used last week when I started this nomination.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
-Purchasable DLC Newcomers-

Chance:
15%
Reasoning - Wouldn't be fair for online, and would be hard to work around. Then again MG:WT did get paid DLC, so it's definitely a possibility.

Want: 6%
Reasoning - I know it makes me sound selfish, but I really don't want to pay for DLC. It makes it seem pay-to-win, and that isn't something I want to see.

-Crash Bandicoot-

Chance:
4%
Reasoning - No. Crash has always seemed like more of a Playstation Character despite having a few games on the Wii/DS. He kind of seems like a dead character, and not many of the kids today know much about him...

Want: 18%
[/B]Reasoning - [/B] I just don't really want him. He'd be interesting and all, but he just doesn't seem to fit in with Smash Bros in my mind for some reason.

-Tropical Freeze Rep(s)-

Chance:
67%
Reasoning - It seems really likely, even though I'd prefer K Rool (who wasn't in TF). I see Dixie as very likely, but Cranky, Fredrick, and anyone else as unlikely for lack of potential.

Want: 30%
Reasoning - I'd personally prefer K Rool over any other Donkey Kong rep, but I guess Dixie wouldn't be too horrible.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Purchasable DLC newcomers

Hmmmm... there are a number of ways to go with DLC for Nintendo, I think.

If there's purchasable DLC newcomers, I think it's anything goes. Anything can be DLC in that case. They could be individual or in packs, who knows.

Another way to go is to focus on only veterans that were cut from previous Smash games (Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu, maybe Snake, least chance for Young Link).

And a third way is to focus on clones and/or alternate costumes and such. This is the easiest and would justify them being optional - it would generate the least "bad feelings" for people who don't want to pay for DLC. And of course, clones could be either veterans or newcomers.

Purchasable DLC newcomers chance: 35%
Basically, DLC isn't guaranteed, and it won't necessarily be newcomers.
Purchasable DLC newcomers want: 40%
I do want more newcomers, but I'd rather they not require me to spend more money. I'd be particularly annoyed if they required separate purchases for Wii U and 3DS.

Crash Bandicoot
Is a Playstation all-star, not a Nintendo all-star. He has no business in Smash, IMO.

Crash chances: 0%
Crash want: 0%

Tropical Freeze content

I dunno. It seems like DKC Returns is where most of the DK content will come from. But there's a pretty good chance of it - at least some Smash Run enemy or a trophy or sticker would be easy. Adding some music would be easiest of all since it could be simply copied over wholesale and time is not really an issue at all for that. The return of David Wise as DKC's composer was glorious, so I'd be plenty happy with just that.

Tropical Freeze content chance: 37%
Sakurai has often left out stuff from more recent games, but I think including at least something from Tropical Freeze would be pretty easy. Then again, there was no Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3 in Brawl despite the fact that they could've copied a music track or two with almost no effort.

Tropical Freeze content want: 90%
The music. Just the music alone.

Predictions:
Paper Mario - 9.5%
I don't see this moving much, just a feeling.
Birdo - 1.2%

Nominations:
5x Brash the Bear

I dunno what to nominate anymore... *shrug*

The Smash design is obviously not fully faithful to the original design.

SSB4's Takamaru has blue hair, gray sleeves, has white skin, and is using a ninjato. The original design has black hair, blue sleeves, an asian complection (This restoration is slightly inaccurate. His skin's a bit darker in the actual art.), and an actual katana.

I'm not happy with this, if you can't already tell. If they're going to make him an assist, they should at least be faithful to his original design.
This is part of the reason why I'm skeptical of arguments for a character's uniqueness that hinge on it being hyper-faithful to the source material or finding some unusual way of being both faithful and unique.

While the durability mechanic for Robin might have gotten some skepticism from me, the basic idea of magic spells and possibly a sword was good. Arguing that Takamaru would be very unique on the basis of his sword being incorporated with iaido (staying sheathed most of the time) struck me as a bit too specific in their hopes for what Sakurai would do. None of the newcomers are completely faithful to their games, but Mega Man is the one that most scrupulously sticks to abilities he has in specific games (even so, a couple attacks are from the bosses not from the weapon Mega Man gets). Sakurai has taken too many liberties with characters for me to buy that as a really strong argument.

While such scrupulously faithful move sets are certainly possible and should be kept in mind, I think it is wise to consider them merely a possibility and the more ignorant and "first impression" interpretation of the characters as possibilities as well. So I don't think it is invalid to view "just another sword user" as a point against him - just as "potentially unique iaido and throwing weapon move set" is a point for him. They both count, IMO (but perhaps not equally). Sakurai might dismiss a character on the basis of one or the other no matter how great the character could be, however unfair that strikes us.

I think we all sometimes dismiss some characters that could be amazing when we're not personally fans of them, so it's not unreasonable to think Sakurai might do so as well.
x1 Pink Gold Peach (Mario Kart)
Isn't this already confirmed because of Golden Plains? :troll:

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Updated the top 10 of chance seeing how it was outdated, lemme know if I made any mistakes

The only real problem I have with this list is the choirs men, marshal and in an odd way Andy. With rhythm heaven, we seam to be getting a unknown character in smash 4. NOTHING at all points to these characters In general. similar to Andy which also has Max and Sami having equal chance (maybe more from Sami being the need for female reps and maybe movepooling). Id rather have either one spot taken up by a single rhythm character or a blank slate. If not, your implying that the series has enough momentum to gain it two characters which bugs me

And there is no Mewtwo.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I think RH reps are more wide open than our ratings currently suggest - I also think we're less likely to get one. Gematsu was propping it up and it's not a guarantee. Takamaru's support was all based on the theory that we had to get a "true retro" (and that Little Mac, Mega Man and Pac-Man don't count towards that) and that Takamaru was the most obvious choice. But now who's the Great Retro Hope? I think we've gotta revise some expectations downwards...

I think we've only got 3 or 4 more newcomers in the line up...

loganhogan

Smash Ace
DLC
chance 40%
want 100%

I see a possibility but i'm not betting on it, other than patches. However that would be a great way to bring in former cuts.

Crash
chance 0%
want 50%

I like Crash but I just can't see him happening. Among 3rd party line up there's only three I can see possible for this game (or the next) these being Layton, Bayonetta, and maybe Rayman. *Keyword I

TF content
chance 30%
want 50%

I think it may be too soon, but there's always the sticker content if it returns.

x5 John Raimi

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

The Results tab is now officially updated, so you might want to take a second look. :)

@andimidna, I dunno what happened exactly. I'd slept since I read your message last night so I neglected to look back through the posts and find where you had updated, but it wasn't updated in the actual tab or saved like had been suggested might happen. Thank you so much for your efforts though. It wasn't a big deal to do it all myself, since I had company.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Purchasable DLC Characters:
0.2% chance. I don't see Smash for 3DS being capable of it at all, and there's no precedent for it in the series. Coming up with completely fresh characters would take who knows how much development time, and balancing DLC characters would be absolute hell. On top of that, if Mario Kart 8 hasn't had any worldwide DLC announced after two months on the market, which I think would be considerably easier to pull off and at least as lucrative, I see even less reason to expect Smash to have any sort of DLC.
Want: 90%; That being said, I'd love to be proven wrong. I think that people should stop claiming characters having a chance "as DLC" in the meantime, though.

Crash:
0% chance, let's be real.
Want: Meh.

Tropical Freeze:
30% chance; it's recent enough to be somewhat unlikely to have made the cut for Smash 4, since it's likely been in pretty much testing only since DKC:TF's release. Lump DKC Returns in there, and I think it'd be considerably more likely (80% plus, easily). I don't think that Dixie or K.Rool is particularly likely to be a newcomer, in any case.
Want: 60%. With the current track record, I'm skeptical that they can make a Donkey Kong stage that wouldn't have some annoying gimmick to it. I'd like to see some series representation, though, as the games were pretty enjoyable, and I'm a diehard Donkey Kong Country 1 fan.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
The only real problem I have with this list is the choirs men, marshal and in an odd way Andy. With rhythm heaven, we seam to be getting a unknown character in smash 4. NOTHING at all points to these characters In general. similar to Andy which also has Max and Sami having equal chance (maybe more from Sami being the need for female reps and maybe movepooling). Id rather have either one spot taken up by a single rhythm character or a blank slate. If not, your implying that the series has enough momentum to gain it two characters which bugs me
Like it or not, that's how it happened. People gave them relatively high ratings, though remember that there is a VERY high range between these characters.
And there is no Mewtwo.
Because Mewtwo is counted as a veteran not as a newcomer

D

Deleted member

The Results tab is now officially updated, so you might want to take a second look. :)

@andimidna, I dunno what happened exactly. I'd slept since I read your message last night so I neglected to look back through the posts and find where you had updated, but it wasn't updated in the actual tab or saved like had been suggested might happen. Thank you so much for your efforts though. It wasn't a big deal to do it all myself, since I had company.
Updated again!!

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I just finished catching up on the popularity chart. If you guys are planning to make a top 10 "want" picture, now is the best time to do it.

The current top 10 are:
1. King K. Rool
2. Shulk
3. Ridley
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Isaac
6. Professor Layton
7. Bomber Man
8. Anna
9. Dixie
10. Vaati

DLC characters
Chance: 20% - I feel that if this is going to happen then it would have been confirmed by now.
Want: 100% - Day one purchase.

Tropical Freeze representation
Chance: 70% - This game was announced on the same E3 as SSB4, Sakurai has had lots of time to add content.
Want: 54% - I'm mostly neutral.

Crash: 0% - He didn't even make it into PASBR, do you really think he has a chance here.
Want: 0% - I have no interest whatsoever.

Predictions
Birdo: 1.1%
Paper Mario: 10.4%

Nominations: Rundas x5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
DLC characters
50% chance - This is difficult to gauge, but I don't think not hearing about it yet hurts it; MK8 is getting DLC a few months later, but little has been mentioned
100% want, as long as the game is patched accordingly I wouldn't mind paying $5 for an extra character or five.

TF rep
98% chance - There will be a trophy with a model from it, or some music, if not a stage.
100% want, amazing game.

Crash -
Double Zeroes; your games are fun, but have zero Nintendo relevance.

predict -
Birdo 4%
Paper Mario 16%

nominate -
Porky x5 (overrated!)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Some statistics for the group. Here are our twelve highest rated characters that were deconfirmed, and how they compare to ones that are actually in. Luckily, 10 of the top 12 do have major roles in the game so far, so it's not like like Sakurai didn't acknowledge them. In that regard, we haven't done a bad job at all yet. I would be willing to bet that 9/10ths of all characters with at least 5% at the end of the game will at least get a trophy in the game.

Palutena 95.23%
1. Chrom 88.82% (FS)
Little Mac 88.11%
Pac-Man 81.24%
Mii Fighters 55.70%

2. Takamaru 35.28% (AT)
3. Starfy 30.92% (AT)
4. Toon Zelda/Tetra 30.81% (no transformations; probably have trophies)
5. Saki Amamiya 18.53% (AT)
6. "New" Pokemon Trainer 18.33% (no transformations; maybe some PTs with trophies?)
7. Dillon 17.70% (AT)
8. Tingle 17.23% (AT)

Robin 16.98%
9. Samurai Goroh 16.92% (AT)
Lucina 16.72%
Rosalina 15.77%

10. Tom Nook 13.73% (FS)
11. Waluigi 12.75% (AT)
12. Lip 12.64% (at least an item reference)

Unrated:
Mega Man (pre game)
Villager (pre game)
Wii Fit Trainer (pre game)
Greninja (unrated at reveal, wonder what we would have)

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Purchasable DLC Characters: 30%
Want: 0%

Crash: 0%

Tropical Freeze Representation: 98%
Want: 100%

Paper Mario: 12.34%
Birdo: 3.92%

x5 Moo Moo Meadows Music

Tabuhli

Smash Rookie
DLC Characters:

3%
This is Smash Brothers people. Not gonna happen.

25%
Personally, I wish there were characters that started as Wii U exclusive, and then you could transfer them to the 3DS version if you have both games. This way there would still be hype for the Wii U version even when the 3DS version comes out. I just put 25% because this isn't exactly DLC.

Crash Bandicoot

0%

0%
Crash literally has no moveset potential. None. Calling his attacks too generic is an understatement.

Tropical Freeze

80%
If we're talking getting a stage, then it's difficult to say. However, I'm almost certain there will at least be a trophy.

40%
Look, I love Tropical Freeze to death, but lets be real here people; the Donkey Kong Country series in general has had incredibly poor representation in the Smash Brothers series. The DK stages in all three Smash Bros games have been based solely on a jungle environment, even though jungle levels make up only a fraction of the DKC trilogy. We need an Oil Drum Alley stage or a Gangplank Galleon stage. And for Christ's sake, give us a Fear Factory remix and some DKC2 remixes. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any Tropical Freeze representation at all, but there should really be more representation of the original Donkey Kong Country's first.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
DLC: 95% Chance / 100% Want

Tropical Freeze: 55% Chance / 70% Want

Crash: 0% Chance / 0% Want

Groose

Smash Champion
Guys? Please remind me never to have three characters in a day again. It's such a pain in the neck aligning all the scores properly.

EDIT: @ Groose Groose I remember you said that you had something fun to nominate a couple of days back. Why didn't you nominate it?
I did nominate it, but in the first post of the day. It's "Phoenix Wright Trophy." It's fun because I get to make one final Phoenix Wright post... one post to end them all. I'm going out with a bang, ladies and gentlemen. One heck of a bang.

Wow. I guess voting does matter :p.
It's amazing that these three have fallen so close together in want, nonetheless.
Every vote counts! It may not change much because we do have a lot of posters, but one vote can certainly change things by a percentage or two in the right situation.
Well what are the odds of today's pic of the day with Takamaru.
My favorite coincidence is still how they announced OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire the day after we rated Sceptile. It's even better because I talked about how I doubted Hoenn remakes would happen for a long time, and I was proved wrong within a few hours.

\
Extra nominations!
I've come to the realization that I don't have a lot of time left...
So, I'm going against what I did yesterday to nominate a character.
Originally... my gaze was won over by a certain lady... but now, I've decided to change my nominations! ...Again. So, let's bring in...
Nominations: Heropon Riki (Xenoblade) 10x
Groose will assist the Heropon after he finish with Wright-Wright rating! Groose is fan of legendary Heropon!
Huh? I already did the past month. The only thing left that needs to be done is the past 3 or 4 days and adding in some colors.
Didn't you see my post on the thread and the message?
Edit: rating time
He'll be using your updates as a base and working from there until Lonekonwolf gets back. I was going to offer you the post until I saw that you were going to be absent for a while; as it is, you'll still get a good mention in the special thanks post when I get around to updating it. We're not going to forget your contribution. ;)
Kid Icarus from Pit X5
I'm surprised we never got around to rating Assassin Guy With a Sword. He's deconfirmed now, but he I'm shocked that nobody ever mentioned him.

I love ya, Scar, but you really need to play more games that aren't Smash Bros.

DLC Newcomers: 15% chance and 100% want
I think that if they do go the DLC route, they will do mostly veterans; however, I would expect that at least one newcomer would be included. I'm definitely down for a newcomer, even one I have to pay extra for. Let me put it this way--I hate DLC, but I love new Smash characters far more.

Crash Bandicoot: 0.01% chance and 0% want
Crash is one of the precious few platforming juggernauts that I've never tried out. I am interested in getting my hands on one of his games eventually, but until then I won't be interested in seeing him in Smash. Oh, and it will probably never happen--he's a Playstation mascot.

Tropical Freeze Representation: 30% chance and 100% want
We have enemies from the first four DKC titles, but none from the fifth. It appears we're getting an AT from DK64. Diddy's design is mostly based off of pre-Tropical Freeze (especially his Rocket Barrel). I believe the Cranky Kong trophy we saw was using an older model. Those things combined make it seem pretty unlikely that anything from the game will get in, but I suppose some music or trophies could be added late. I wouldn't be opposed to this; Tropical Freeze music is sick, and I wouldn't mind some more info on the Snowmads.

Phoenix Wright Trophy x5

DAY OVER

CRASHED AND BURNED

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
LAST MINUTE RATING LETS GO

DLC CHARACTERS
CHANCE: 50%
WANT: 95%

CRASH
CHANCE: 0%
WANT: ABSTAIN

TROPICAL FREEZE REPRESENTATION
CHANCE: 70%
WANT: ABSTAIN

...Nailed it.

Groose

Smash Champion
Purchasable DLC Newcomers
42.79% chance
57.94% want

Highly possible, yet not quite likely? Mostly wanted, but not extremely popular? Sorry folks, I'm too tired to make any meaningful comments.

Crash Bandicoot
0.13% chance
17.60% want

Poor Crash. He got no sympathy from us. A terrible chance score and a poor want score are definitely at odds with what he'd receive on a Playstation Allstars board.

Tropical Freeze Representation
58.86% chance
66.91% want

The concept that garner by far the least amount of attention today is easily the one that is the most successful. Seeming both quite likely and quite wanted, Tropical Freeze reputation made out like a bandit compared to the other two concepts.

Today we're going down to two things in a day (yay!) and doing the Mario. First up we have Paper Mario. Will his scores fall flat this time, or will they be well rounded? Birdo is also here. Can he manage to win over the crowd, or will he wind up with egg on his face? Please rate Paper Mario and Birdo in chance and want. Tomorrow we're heading to the movies and discussing final smashes. We may also be seeing the lowest chance score of all time. Please predict how Lucas from The Wizard and a Masked Dedede Final Smash will fare.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I shall abstain from these two entries, since I don't care about either of them.

Edit: It may sound rude, but I think adding a score to these two when I don't care about them in the slightest would not be fair.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Extra Nominations
July 27 Winners

Agitha: Burigu
What?! How did I miss this? Agitha I love you, and another personal achivement on the site, I was starting to thing I will never win!

Now I can push Amazon Pandora to the top! The last female deity in KI to be rated

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I would like to post this just in case they think Groose calling Birdo a he was a mistake (as I forgot he was):

Paper Mario
Chance: 40% - New stage helps him out.
Want: 100% - Paper Mario (N64) is one of my top 5 favorite games ever.

Birdo
Chance: 2% - Yoshi should get the Baby Bros. or bust
Want: 20% - I used to really like Birdo since Yoshi is my favorite Mario character. But in Smash he doesn't fit in.

Predictions:
Lucas: .027% - Since Crash didn't get 0, I don't think this guy will either
Masked Dedede: 35% - Since Waddle Dees/Doos are removed from his regular set of attacks, they may be removed from his Final Smash.

Nominations:
Idolm@ster (Namco) Rep x 5

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Paper Mario and Birdo - Double Zeros in Chance.

I REALLY can't see us getting any more Mario characters at this point, especially not these two.

Paper Mario Want - 65%

There's no doubt in my mind that Sakurai would make a really fun moveset out of Paper Mario.

Birdo Want - 60%

She's always been one of my favorite Mario characters (I consider Birdo female. Let's avoid getting into that) but I just don't know what she would do as a playable character in Smash.

Lucas the Wizard Prediction - 0%

I pray it's a solid zero. I really do. Not just because that's what I'm predicting either.

Masked Dedede Final Smash Prediction - 52%

Not entirely sure on this one.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Paper Mario: 12%
Both Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr. still have a shot in my eyes (but not much of one).
Want: 75%
I like me some Paper Mario.

Birdo: 1%
So many other characters that could and should come first.
Want: 10%
I don't like me some Birdo.

EDIT: putting Paper Mario's chances down to 2% due to PotD.
EDIT 2: Never mind, I'm just going to say abstain on Paper Mario.

Last edited:

CoolEric258

Smash Cadet
Paper Mario
Chance: 12%. I have him slightly up, since Paper Mario could be its own franchise similar to Donkey Kong and Yoshi.
Want: 75%. Out of all the Mario characters that aren't available yet, he has the most potential in my eyes.

Birdo:
Chance: 10%. Slighty up, since Birdo could be considered a part of the Yoshi franchise a la Waluigi.
Want: 34%. I don't care for the gender-confused being.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Paper Mario Chance: 2%
His chances are as thin as he is :troll:

But seriously, if we get another Mario representative, it will either be Bowser Jr. or Toad. I will be shocked if its anybody other then those two. I will especially be shocked if it's just a different design of an existing character. (At least Toon Link and Link are different people. Paper Mario is just Mario. Made of paper.)

Lots of people seem to hate on clones. I hate variations of the same character. Dr. Mario should not have existed as a seperate character, it should have been a costume and left it at that. I don't want that repeated twice. Yes, I know Paper Mario would be unique, however he doesn't stand for much. I would rather have just about any other Mario character then another version of Mario.

Birdo Chance: 2%
Only way Birdo is getting in is if it (Not going into a gender debate...) is A) A 2nd Yoshi representative, or B) an alt for Yoshi. Honestly the only way I could see it being a full fledged character is if it was an alt for Yoshi, but upgraded to character status.

It scares me.

Predictions:
Lucas: 0%
No way they would have 2 Lucas's on the roster XD

Masked Final Smash: 50%

Nominations: Rayman Rerate x5 (It says I have won 20 nominations on the front page? Is that in the time I've been playing or how much I can use? If I can use them, bump this up to Rayman rerate x25)

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Paper Mario
Chance: 2% His chances are the same as the amount of dimensions he has.
Want: 0% All my want for the characters has faded like a soggy piece of paper.

Birdo
Chance: 0% Too many Mario characters already, with many in front of Birdo. EAD Tokyo doesnt really appear to like him.
Want: 0% No want from me for this character.

Predictions:
Lucas: .14 % - Who?
Masked Dedede: 21.47%

noms
Akari Hayami x 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Paper Mario - 22% One more for Mario representation isn't completely out of the question, and he is a popular choice.
Want - 100% but not as much as a TTYD HD remake.

Birdo - 2.5% Not a whole lot to say here.
Want - 0%

nominate
Porky x5

predict:
Lucas from The Wizard... 0%
Masked Dedede - 33%

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Paper Mario
Chance:
-Main Roster: 5% 15%
-As DLC: 20%

Paper Mario's gone pretty damn far as a spinoff series, four games long and counting. I've played the first three, and I'm especially fond of The Thousand-Year Door (I even have its battle music playing right now!). The question is, do Sakurai and the gang think Paper Mario is prominent enough to get representation? With one Mario newcomer already and an ever-decreasing number of (plausible) roster spots, Paper Mario's probably better off folding and waiting for the next hand...er, next Smash.

DLC's a possibility, but he'd probably have to beat out every other prominent Mario character. With the ever-present Bowser Jr. and new face Captain Toad, among others, it'd be a tough fight to win. Better invest in some Power Plus badges, buddy.

EDIT: Recent events (read: stage) bump his chances up a little...but they're still not substantial yet. Remember, Smashville existed a game before the Villager became playable...

Want: 40%

Anyone who says Paper Mario would be a clone of his flesh-and-blood counterpart hasn't played the games. Between his jumping and hammer techniques, the plethora of badges, and his paper transformations in TTYD, there's a load of moveset potential.

The only question is whether he'd steal the spotlight from a different franchise that could use more attention.

Birdo
Chance:
-Main Roster: 0.5%
-As DLC: 2.5%

Birdo's too minor of a character, plain and simple. It wouldn't suit her to be a Yoshi clone, since she has a suction...mouth/nose...thing instead of a tongue, meaning she'd have to be a planned unique character. Does Birdo warrant that over so many other potential newcomers? I don't see Sakurai thinking so.

Want: 5%

And I don't think so either.

Predictions
Lucas (The Wizard): 0.09%
Masked Dedede (as Final Smash): 42.51%

Nominations
Stage Music Not Limited By Franchise x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom