• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
Dr. Mario
Chance: 5%
Best bet is as costume swap for Mario.

Want: 10%
I don't believe he deserves a spot as a separate character but as a costume would be nice.

Bowser Jr.
Chance: 35%
I think it really comes down to if the Mario universe is getting another newcomer. I believe Bowser Jr. is ahead of Toad & Waluigi in getting added due to his importance and Sakurai could more easily think of a moveset for him with a paintbrush vs. someone like Toad who doesn't even fight. Although being shown as a fighter doesn't guarantee you a spot, some have made it in without being shown with fighting abilities. I'm also somewhat doubting we would have every Mario universe character revealed so early on, he could be the secret character for that series.
Want: 100%
He stands at the very top of my wishlist! He is a villain which our current roster is lacking in and could easily be a very unique character assuming he uses his paintbrush as his main weapon. He even has many potential final smashes: Clown Car, summon Polluted Piranha Plant or even transforming to Shadow Mario.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Dr. Mario: 1% - As a unique fighter, no. As Mario's Alternate Costume, he's pretty much guaranteed in my eyes.
Want: 2% coming from a Melee Doc Main. Just.... Toad, Jr, or no more pls.

Jr: 10% - Anything is possible, don't see it though.
Want: 100% - Yespls

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dr. Mario:

Chance: 40%. Let me explain my absurdly high rating. Everyone is saying that Dr. Mario has no chance as a character by himself, but say he's practically guaranteed as an alternate costume.
Well, Lucina was planned as an alternate (grrrr) costume as well. Now, normally I wouldn't say that Lucina justifies random clone characters, but the only reason she was added as an actual character is because her sword properties were changed. Wouldn't an alternate costume of Dr. Mario be weird without Pills? And would having Pills be different than Fireballs? It's a small, but significant change.
Additionally, perhaps Dr. Mario as a franchise is worth a character representing it. It is Nintendo's most recognizable puzzle series, after all.

All this adds up to a proportionately high rating.

Want: 50%. I would obviously rather a different character like Captain Toad rather than a second Mario, but I enjoyed Dr. Mario in Melee so I wouldn't mind all that much.

Bowser Jr.:

Chance: 20%. This rating factors in DLC. That being said, of the potential Mario characters, I find him to be the least likely. His only really important role was Super Mario Sunshine, and after that he had a minor antagonistic role in Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. However, after that, he's been completely overshadowed, and flat out replaced, with the return of the Koopalings and Boom Boom.
Aside from the Magic paintbrush, everything he does is sort of something any one of Bowser's goons could do, honestly. I see him definitely as an Assist Trophy, but I don't think he's quite worth a whole character. Even if there's definitely a sixth Mario character.

Want: 50%. I used to like him, but I always wanted Rosalina more. Well, I got Rosalina already, so...sort of neutral...

--- Predictions:

Takamaru: 44%.
Black Shadow: 6%.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario
Chance- 5%
Should be an alt costume. But Sakurai suggested he rejected that idea for Brawl, so maybe not. Not that it counts, anyways. I feel like he'll probably be either an alt costume, DLC, or his own character... but I'm giving a rather small percentage on the last of these possibilities.
Want- 0%
Alt costume, please.

Bowser Jr.
Chance- 9%
Same reasoning as whatever I put last time. I don't think anything has really changed that much for him.
Want- 20%
If he had a good moveset. Give me Toad or nobody when it comes to another Mario character.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario
chance 1%
want 0%

As a separate clone character? It makes more sense to fit him as a costume, we're in 2014 if Sakurai can easily give different costumes to one character like in Little Mac's case then it should be easy enough to give Mario a Dr. costume with masked pills instead of fireballs. If they had to add a clone i'd rather they have a separate character like Daisy as a Peach clone or Bowser Jr. as a Bowser clone.

Bowser Jr.
chance 25%
want 15%

I can see this guy becoming an emergency villain, if they want to size up the villain roster he's easy clone material. I'm not very interested in more Mario characters but I think he's possible though unlikely.

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Ok, still playing the role of a new guy, I'm gonna ask a question.

Do we just get 5 nominations a day? I know they're disabled right now, but wanna know for the future when they aren't.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Ok, still playing the role of a new guy, I'm gonna ask a question.

Do we just get 5 nominations a day? I know they're disabled right now, but wanna know for the future when they aren't.
Yes they are only 5 a day unless you win the prediction of the previous day

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Dr. Mario
Chance - 25% More than some characters, is a vet and clones are def. back this time around
Want - 0% Unnecessary

Bowser Jr.
Chance - 65% The most likely Mario rep
Want - 80% I think he deserves it more than 95% of other characters that are suggested

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Bowser Jr:
Chance: 1%
He may be a bit popular but he hasn't been seen for a while (or at least not as much as Rosalina). I doubt Sakurai would be willing to make a moveset for him when we already have one superb Mario newcomer. There is really no one you can clone him to. Plus, he's got a bit of competition with captain Toad (though neither would probably get in).
Want: 50%
Look, I like him but, eh, I don'y really care if he gets in or not at this point.

I'm just mad the the Koopalings got in Mario Kart 8 instead of the one people actually like (Bowser Jr).
Bowser Jr:
Chance: 1%
He may be a bit popular but he hasn't been seen for a while (or at least not as much as Rosalina). I doubt Sakurai would be willing to make a moveset for him when we already have one superb Mario newcomer. There is really no one you can clone him to. Plus, he's got a bit of competition with captain Toad (though neither would probably get in).
I doubt Sakurai would be willing to make a moveset for him when we already have one superb Mario newcomer. There is really no one you can clone him to. Plus, he's got a bit of competition with captain Toad (though neither would probably get in).
There is really no one you can clone him to.

Nope. I don't see anyone ether.

GloriousDay

Smash Rookie
Dr. Mario (Separate Fighter):
Chances (.5%): He would just be a Mario clone (minus fludd, I assume). Not worthwhile.
Want (0%):
Would much rather see him as an alternate costume.

Dr. Mario (Alternate Costume):
Chances (90%): Sakurai has shown how far he's willing to take alternate costumes this time around. I'd be more surprised if he WASN'T an alternate.
Want (100%): Dr. Mario can finally return to the fray with the representation he deserves, and without taking a character slot.

Bowser Jr:
Chances (5%): Considering the amount of Mario representation we're getting this time around, I'd be surprised if we got 6 characters. Rosalina seems to have taken the spot for "Mario Newcomer" this time around.
Want (50%): Having Bowser Jr. would be a pleasant addition to the roster, as he could play uniquely using his paintbrush as a weapon. I don't think he'd be a clone of Bowser in the slightest, and he'd be a very unique fighter. Admittedly though, I'd much rather see Paper Mario.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario
Chance: 0%
Want: 0% (100% as costume)
He won't be playable. Mario has enough reps, and Dr. Mario would be a waste of our time. He was cut for a reason, I doubt we'll get him back

Bowser Jr.
Want 15%
He seemed like a likely choice... until we got Rosalina. Now his chances are tiny, and the best he can hope for is to be in Smash 5 or MAYBE DLC way down the line. I like the character, but I don't want to see overrepresentation, so I'll pass on getting them

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dr. Mario:
Hmmm, if he was planned as a costume maybe he will sneak back in .I highly doubt he'll be back but it IS possible.

Want: 80%
Returning veteran that I used quite a lot in Melee. Dr. Mario is Nintendo's most popular puzzle-genre series so it's not like he is irrelevant. An alternate costume would be demoting him. Character demotion should not happen. He's either in as a playable character or he's nothing at all. Either way, better than being a costume with moves that doesn't make sense for him to be using.

Bowser Jr - abstaining

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Dr Mario
Chance: 5% - Easy clone who would take very little production time to make. I'd say he has a shot, but will probably just end up as an alt.
Want: 0% - We don't need a medic in SSB4. I mean seriously, does an extremely violent sport that involves characters trying to launch each other off screen using guns, swords, claws, hammers, and bombs while avoiding hazards like magma and the Yellow Devil really require a medic?
Okay I guess it might, but that's not the point.

Bowser Jr
Chance: 8% - The consensus here is that we're getting six pokemon reps, so having six Mario reps shouldn't be too much of a stretch.
Want: 0% - I'm really not a fan.

Predictions:
Takamaru - 41%
Black Shadow - 5%

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Whoa man! Calm down. I still stand by what I said. I don't agree with you that he could be a clone of squirtle or Bowser. I just don't see it. So... Sorry? I guess...
I guess that came out wrong. I wasn't upset or freaking out or anything, I just thought it was strange that you didn't think he could be cloned off of anyone. I think that it is 95% likely that he would get in as a semi-clone of bowser.
(also, I wanted to put a troll face on the end of my post, but I can't do that on a mobile, so... Yeah.)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Dr. Mario:

Chance: 40%. Let me explain my absurdly high rating. Everyone is saying that Dr. Mario has no chance as a character by himself, but say he's practically guaranteed as an alternate costume.
Well, Lucina was planned as an alternate (grrrr) costume as well. Now, normally I wouldn't say that Lucina justifies random clone characters, but the only reason she was added as an actual character is because her sword properties were changed. Wouldn't an alternate costume of Dr. Mario be weird without Pills? And would having Pills be different than Fireballs? It's a small, but significant change.
Additionally, perhaps Dr. Mario as a franchise is worth a character representing it. It is Nintendo's most recognizable puzzle series, after all.

All this adds up to a proportionately high rating.

Want: 50%. I would obviously rather a different character like Captain Toad rather than a second Mario, but I enjoyed Dr. Mario in Melee so I wouldn't mind all that much.
Everything in this I agree with. It's not like Dr. Mario can't have some minor changes of his own. I would like to see him fight with one of these and have a bit more emphisis on his standard attacks being electric:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
This round's still going? Okay then.

Dr. Mario - 0%
I considered giving this a chance as a Lucina-style situation, but there's a core difference here IMO: Lucina's her own highly requested character apart from Marth, while Dr. Mario is just another version of Mario. Adding Lucina stands to make lots of Fire Emblem fans happy; Dr. Mario's appeal is much smaller. He's certainly got a chance as a costume, but I don't think Sakurai would go all-out with clones given how he described Lucina's inclusion (which sure sounded like an exception, not the rule).
Want - 0% - He's a clone I have no attachment to.

Bowser Jr. - 10%
He's been in a bad spot ever since Rosalina appeared to take a Mario newcomer slot, and with so much time passing without any sign that another Mario newcomer may be on the way, I think his situation continues to get worse. Lucina could be seen as helping him both in potentially signalling a clone resurgence and that multiple newcomers from a franchise is possible, but I think the chance of him being even a semi-clone is very minor (he's just too unique from Bowser nor does he fit Squirtle's moveset) and Lucina not being a planned character signals that it's unlikely any franchise had two newcomers planned. Junior still feels like a solid pick, just not one I can foresee making the disc at this point.
Want - 50% - I'm feeling supremely neutral here.

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm back!

@ Groose Groose @lonekonwolf I think Bowser Jr with Shadow Mario is deconfirmed, due to no transformation characters. I suppose Shadow Mario could be a Final Smash, but I don't think that was the intent of that concept...
I had completely forgotten about that. Didn't we rate that like a week after we rated regular Jr.? Heh, good times.

^Welcome!

This might as well be my first post too with my fancy, newfangled username! @ Groose Groose , hopefully you recongize who I am. I can finally feel comfortable getting more involved with everything, so if I can assist you in anyway, please tell me how.
How's it going? Of course I know who you are, Paulkagebein. It's good to find out that you were able to get your name changed to match your GameFAQs one. I remember you saying that you weren't very active on here because of that.

Hello. This is my first post on this thread (just learned of it's existence), so wish me luck.

And since I'm still new and don't exactly know how the predictions/nominations system works, I'll opt out this round until I know more.
Many cheerful welcomes! You did the ratings perfectly, and I'm here to answer your questions about predictions and nominations. Every day, you're allowed to use five nominations. You can split them up or use all five on one thing. Whatever two things are at the top of the nominations list (the third post of the thread) are what we rate the next day. Every day, we rate two characters, but I also tell you what characters we'll rate the following day; you can predict the average score these characters will receive. The ones who make the most accurate predictions get five extra nominations.

Doctor Mario: 15% chance and 0% want
One of my most wanted alternate costumes, I once thought that he didn't have to good of a shot of making it in. Now, it seems possible, but I think it's far from probable. I'm not sure how far clones will extend, and I don't think he's one of the ones highest in priority. I don't want him as a clone; I want him as an alternate costume.

Bowser Jr.: 20% chance and 100% want
If we're getting another unique Mario character, I'm pretty sure it would be Bowser Jr. Toad is almost definitely out, Geno is Geno, Captain Toad is a bit too recent, and I'm just not feeling the Paper Mario for reasons I don't want to get into right now. Bowser Jr. is a pretty recognizable character, so it wouldn't be a shock that Nintendo would go for him. Still, I would be a bit surprised.

As for want? I like him. I can see why people find him annoying, but I don't personally feel that way. Also, a harmony of Bowser and Squirtle's play styles sounds great to me, and he'd interact well with a bunch of the other characters.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Dr. Mario
6.96% chance (was 7.10% chance)
13.69% want (was 18.01% want)

Doctor Mario's scores failed to increase after the unveiling of the first clone character, and his want score actually decreased by a notable margin. He can now be branded unlikely and unpopular.

Bowser Jr.
13.81% chance (was 26.63%)
46.65% want (was 52.60%)

Junior's chance score almost halved over the last month. His want score almost decreased, and he's now below the 50% margin. Oh, how the mighty fall--I remember when he was in both of our top ten lists!

Today? It's time to finish our post-reveal schedule; this time, we'll be discussing Takamaru and Black Shadow. Can the Samurai prove that he is no ordinary swordsman? Will Black Shadow fall victim to the Falcon Punch? Please rate Takamaru and Black Shadow in chance and want.

Today is the last day nominations are barred. They'll return tomorrow, which will be the day when we cover our most overrated and most underrated. Please predict how our Most Overrated Chibi Robo and Most Underrated Ridley will do.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Black Shadow:
Chance: 30% CF was revealed kind of early, so it'd make sense to have him unlockable...but I doubt it. It'd be a dream if they overhauled Ganondorf and gave his old moveset to Black Shadow, but I doubt it'll happen.

Want: 70% The guy is like, the lamest villain ever. Just look at his costume!
However, I want him in primarily to recreate Falcon Punch. So 70%

Takamaru: Chance: 40% I don't really picture it, but there is that thing Sakurai said about him long ago, so I guess his chances aren't that bad.

Want: If his hair is blue: around 60%, I don't care for him, but someone needs to fill the blue-haired swordsman role.
if his hair isn't blue: around 15%
...so I'll just give him 35%.

*Heads back to watching BIll loose in Smash live*

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Takamaru:
Chance - 50%
He either happens or he doesn't. While he could be good as a retro character and Sakurai has added one of those in Melee and in Brawl, plus with him gaining more and more attention from Nintendo and even getting a minigame in Nintendo Land... He seems relatively likely for not having any solid hints towards his inclusion.

Chance - 70%
Woah, plot twist! His game just got announced for the 3DS eshop in the US. This makes him quite a bit more likely in my opinion. I feel like a hypocrite now, according to me the eu release didn't happen and yet I'm always so fussy when people forget or mistreat ($ =/= £) the eu >.>
Want - 50%
Not really a supporter, not really a hater. Don't care either way
Black Shadow:
Chance - 20%
I don't see it happening. However, he is very popular in Japan especially mostly to do with his appearance in the anime and we do have a lack of villains currently. Plus, his main competition in Samurai Goroh is out of the question...
Want - 80%
He'd be a pretty awesome addition in my opinion. Even if he's just a "bonus clone" and inherits Ganondorf's old moveset, I'd like him.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Black Shadow
Chances: 24% - The clone that has the best chance imo.
Want: 40% - It means Gdorf gets a new move set hopefully, and that F-Zero gets another spot on the roster. But he's not my fave.

Takamaru:
Chances: 10% - The retro spot is very crowded and he is mainly known in Japan (I think he's in Europe now too). I don't see how he somehow has a huge chance in people's opinion though. Especially since Sakurai liked both Takamaru and Lip, and it looks like Lip won't be joining once again.
Want: 5% - Not my least wanted, but I have 4 or 5 retro characters I want in before him.

Predictions:
Chibi-Robo - 43% SSF2 hype
Ridley - 55%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Black Shadow and Takamaru have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated these two check to see what you've said on their days!

Black Shadow
Chance:
10%

He has a lot of popularity in Japan and he is easily semi-cloneable. However, F-Zero is still a very dormant series that will most likely not get another rep.
Seeing the other newcomers as of late, I doubt that F-Zero will get another rep.
Want: 90%
I want F-Zero to have another rep and I wanna re-enact the Falcon Punch video! That and if he is a way to declone Ganondorf, then so be it!

Takamaru
Chance:
20%

The more that I think about it... the more unlikely I think he is. Debatably, our retro character is most likely Little Mac with how he represents his series and how he himself is represented.
I also lowered his score because of Robin. I imagined that Takamaru would use some fire projectiles as one of his specials and the way Robin preforms Thunder is exactly how I imagined it to be like (minus the usage of more powerful Thunder moves like Elthunder, Arcthunder, and Thoron). Thus, I think that a part of Takamaru's uniqueness was taken away from him.
Want: 70%
I would like to see him and I do support him, but my support is draining away.

Chibi-Robo Prediction: 13.59%
I think that his score will lower.
Ridley Prediction: 59.44%
I'm not looking forward to the bloodbath tomorrow.

Sorry for the brief post! Time to watch the tournament!
COME ON LUIGI!

Last edited by a moderator:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
What a great idea, Groose! Black Shadow and Takamaru! Okay, here I go!

Black Shadow: Chance: I'm guessing around 25%. I've looked at Black Shadow's support thread here, and the two ideas I've seen look nice; such as making him a clone of Ganondorf or applying the strengths and weaknesses of his F-Zero machine into his character. Plus, he'd be a good way to show that Captain Falcon's not the only character in F-Zero, not to mention he's the antagonist, so I'd say he should earn a spot.

Want: 87%. It be great to see Captain Falcon and Black Shadow fight it out in Smash! I'll support him!

Takamaru: Chance: 59%. I'd say he'd fit in well with Smash Bros, not to mention he's been having a resurgence, such as the Nintendo Land stage, "Takamaru's Ninja Castle", not to mention Nazo no Murasame Jō is on the 3DS Eshop. Not to mention appearing as a cameo in one Samurai Warriors 3.

Want: 84%. If Ice Climbers were revived in Melee, Pit revived in Brawl, then who can say that Takamaru can't join in Super Smash Bros 4? I'm in full support of him, not to mention he needs the attention!! :D

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Black Shadow:

Chance: .5% (as an original character) 2% (as a clone) Total: 2.5%
I imagine they would put in Ghirahim before de-cloning Ganondwarf. And even if Ganondwarf was de-cloned, I feel like his clone moveset would simply be Falcon's customization.

Want: 0%
One of my friends mains Falcondwarf. And I demand to know how Marthcina vs. Falcondwarf would go.

Takamaru:
Chance: 29%
He's still the only retro that gets above a 1% In my book, but a retro is seeming less and less necessary to me.

He's also one of the only two retros that I'd love to see, besides Lip who is deconfirmed :(

Chibi-robo: 16.72%

Overated character is overated.

Ridley: 48.41%

I don't see his score changing.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Takamaru: 25% Most likely retro.
Want: 85%

Black Shadow: 1% Most likely F-Zero rep... but that means nothing.
Want: 15% Meh, I'd rather not have him in.

Chibi-Robo: 13.27%
Ridley: 67.24%

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Black Shadow Chance: 35%
Not only is he a very easy clone/semi clone, his existence would actually serve a purpose. We are hopefully getting a Ganondorf with a unique moveset this time around, and Black Shadow could take his moveset. Black Shadow being a clone of Falcon makes so much more sense then Ganondorf being a clone of Falcon.

Because it would mean that Ganondorf would be decloned. Which needs to happen. Badly.

Takamaru Chance and Want: Abstain

I literally don't care enough to logically consider what his chances are. I have no attachment or interest in the character whatsoever.

andimidna

Smash Master
Dr. Mario
6.96% chance (was 7.10% chance)
13.69% want (was 18.01% want)

Doctor Mario's scores failed to increase after the unveiling of the first clone character, and his want score actually decreased by a notable margin. He can now be branded unlikely and unpopular.

Bowser Jr.
13.81% chance (was 26.63%)
46.65% want (was 52.60%)

Junior's chance score almost halved over the last month. His want score almost decreased, and he's now below the 50% margin. Oh, how the mighty fall--I remember when he was in both of our top ten lists!

Today? It's time to finish our post-reveal schedule; this time, we'll be discussing Takamaru and Black Shadow. Can the Samurai prove that he is no ordinary swordsman? Will Black Shadow fall victim to the Falcon Punch? Please rate Takamaru and Black Shadow in chance and want.

Today is the last day nominations are barred. They'll return tomorrow, which will be the day when we cover our most overrated and most underrated. Please predict how our Most Overrated Chibi Robo and Most Underrated Ridley will do.
Actually, Bowser Jr's scores increased in both chance and want since his last rating. You compared his new scores to his scores from 2 rates ago :)

I'll edit in some rates eventually.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow
Want: 10%
I don't think he has the best chances. F-zero flat out doesn't deserve more than one rep, and from what I understand, Black Shadow isn't the ultimate antagonist (He works for him?). The only reason I'd want him, is to declone Ganondorf. If you are in my roster just to remove a clone, you know my want is low. There really aren't a whole lot of characters left to reveal, and there are only so many I can see make it in. He's not one of them

Takamaru
Chance 25% --> 50% (after recent events)
Want 5%
Their are very few characters that I deem have a very good chance at making it in. There's probably 4-5 newcomers lots left, and 7-8 characters with a shot. I always thought Takamaru was a dark horse, but after today's news of him getting a first ever US release, I've doubled my chance rating. It just makes alot of sense. At this point, he is the definitive Retro Rep, and although I still don't think we NEED a Retro character, it's still likely. There are characters I want over him, it's not that I DON'T want him, it's just that there are only so many newcomer spots left.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru- 45%
Want - 0%
This is not an idea that interests me at all.

BS- 2%
Want - 0%
I remain flaccid.

Ridley - 60%
Chibi- 8.5%

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Black Shadow:
Chance: 10%
Want: 20%
Eh, I don't care for the F-Zero series. I don't even care for Captain Falcon as I find his character very boring. Black Shadow looks cool, but he doesn't have anything that really grabs my attention. If F-Zero receives another character, it should totally be Black Shadow.

Takamaru:
Chance: 40%
Want: 4%
I'm not interested in this character. First, I'd like to say that I rarely support region exclusive characters so that is a strike against him. Second, there are many other "retro" characters I'd like to see before him. Anyway, I find him a bit overrated, but I have nothing against his supporters.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Takamaru:

Chance: 70%
I feel like people are underrating him because they just don't want him.

My most wanted newcomer at this point.

Black Shadow:

Chance: 22%
Possible, but not likely.

It would probably mean a decloned Ganondorf. So I would love it.

Predictions:
Chibi Robo: 19.75%
Ridley: 66.6%

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Black Shadow

Chances: 30% - As much as I hate to say it, this guy is probably going to be a nice addition via cloning. While I do hate his personality, I do love his design of all the F-Zero villains. Who wouldn't want to hear some more of Wakamoto's manly voice acting.

Want: 20% - While he is a great villain, the heroic characters regularly stole the show in GX for me. Not to mention I'd rather have Goroh (who was disconfirmed) over the likes of him.

Takamaru:

Chances: 40% - The more the game itself nears the release, the more I'm very uneasy about the idea of any retro addition being added as a hidden unlockable. A few things he got going for him is that he at least had been pushed within the last few years unlike a select few like Excitebiker and Mach Rider (Though I like those guys to be included in the future). But only time will tell on whether Sakurai feels like having non-modern additions or not.

Want: 100% - The Nintendo Network account and my new ownership status says it all. Nuff said.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Apparently people think Smash 4 is now going to be filled with clones, and that people that are similar to other people are inherently more likely for that reason. However, Lucina is the only known clone and has a good chance of being the only clone. In other words, people are seeing a pattern when there is none.

We're on Smash 4, and at this point, Captain Falcon is more or less in the game because of his involvement in previous Smash games, not because of the F-Zero series. Therefore, I don't think a character is made very much more likely because of his involvement in the F-Zero series.

Black Shadow chance: 3%
Black Shadow want: 0%

Takamaru isn't very popular... generic swordsman (yes, with magic capabilities but hello Robin]... what's really going for him? Is it just the random chance that this would be the retro game Sakurai would pick, assuming there even will be another ancient character added to Smash? We already have plenty.

Takamaru chance: 5%
Takamaru want: 0%

Tomorrow should be interesting though, with Chibi-Robo and Ridley

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Black shadow chance: 10%
He may be popular in japan, which does give him some credit. Unfortunately, his game series has not seen the light of day in a while so I would not get my hopes up.

Black shadow want: 49%
Whatever. I don't really care all that much.

Takamaru Chance: 11%
I really doubt it. I mean another sword Fighter? People would get pissed. I mean he is a samurai but.. he's nothing special. And he's super obscure (outside of japan).

Takumau Want: 40%
The swordfighter amount really never bothered me. No really. I know I mentioned Him above but that doesn't stop me fro not caring. Its just... im not feeling it this time. Maybe I'll Warm up come DLC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom