• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloriousDay

Smash Rookie
Dark Pit:
Chances: 100% (As a Special Alt for Pit)
Want: 0%

While Dark Pit could just take up Pit's old moveset from Brawl, I don't think he particularly needs to get in over another Kid Icarus character. He would look much too similar to Pit as well, especially when you consider that he would need alternate costumes like Pit. He would be a poor addition as his own character, but a fantastic idea for an alternate costume.

Roy:
Chances: 0%
Want: 50%

Well, most of my want comes from him hopefully being de-cloned. Not that that will happen, though. Fire Emblem has plenty of reps as is. We don't need another Fire Emblem character who's already been killed off once. I love Roy, but he isn't coming back.

Predictions:
Dixie Kong (25%):
Don't think she'll happen. If she does then she doesn't really deserve a spot over King K. Rool. She doesn't really have anything new to bring to the table, in my opinion.

Lucas (75%):
With the death of Gematsu Lucas's chances have skyrocketed. I don't think Sakurai would reduce the number of Mother reps, and there may be more of an emphasis on de-cloning Lucas this time around. Even if Lucas isn't de-cloned, his chances aren't hurt due to the inclusion of Lucina.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I tell you all what; Roy better get a freaking trophy at least this time. I feel like anyone who's been cut from the roster should at least get that as a reward for being part of Smash Bros. history.

andimidna

Smash Master
Dixie Kong (25%):
Don't think she'll happen. If she does then she doesn't really deserve a spot over King K. Rool. She doesn't really have anything new to bring to the table, in my opinion.
Yes, use all of the arguments that are no longer valid against her to determine your prediction.
[collapse=I think I'll just put this here]:4robinm::4lucina:[/collapse]
...see where I'm getting at?

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Dark Pit

Want: 50% Meh.
Chance: 30%

Roy

Want: 5% He wouldn't bring anything new to the table.
Chance: 0%

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Dark Pit
Chance:70%
I am almost convinced that he's in the game at this point.

Want:75%
I found him interesting as a character in Uprising, and he could both be his own character and a semi-clone, both of which I'm fine with.

Roy:5%
If we get any other FE character, it's Roy. However, the odds of getting a 5th Fire Emblem character is extremely low. Now, if we were talking about DLC, that's a complete different story.

Want:75%
Roy's definitely my boy.
But I will always love Lucina more.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Roy
1% chance
10% want

Dark Pit (character)
5% chance
0% want

Lucina's inclusion doesn't mean Sakurai likes clones. Rather, I think her inclusion into Smash 4 has to do more with Nintendo's push for gender equality in their games, like Zelda Warriors. This would explain why Sakurai applies the 'generic swordsman' argument to Chrom but not to Lucina in his interview, when in FE Awakening they use almost exactly the same moves. Well, I suppose the 'generic swordsman' argument is applied to her, which is why she's a clone and not a newcomer.

I see Dark Pit's inclusion in the trailer as 'For the luls, let's just insert Dark Pit in the end of the trailer and see how it stirs up the pot.' Sakurai is aware of our Smash 4 speculation and seems to find enjoyment from messing with us. Lol, if I was in his position I would probably do the same thing.

As for the want of things, I don't really get the want for Dark Pit. Isn't he supposed to be the same as Pit, kind of like Dark Link? If so, I think he would make a cool alt and event mode match – like Link vs Dark Link – but a new character is just meh.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Dark Pit
Chance: As an alt for Pit, 80%. As a separate character, 15%. (Edited to make sure it didn't break the laws of math).
Well, since he was in the trailer for Palutena, I think he's in the game. HOWEVER, since Dark Pit was essentially based on Pit's final recoloring (the Black coloring), I THINK they are going to just add him as a voice and costume alt to Pit. I mean, isn't Dark Pit the dark reflection of Pit that emerged from Pandora's Mirror of Truth? So, barring the fact that Dark Pit had that unlimited power of flight power thanks to his absorption of Pandora (does he still have it even though Amazon Pandora was slain? I'm not sure), don't Pit and Pittoo have the same abilities?

Want: As an alt for Pit, 100%. As a separate character, 0%.
I personally want him in as one of Pit's alts. It would be interesting for Pit to have a costume and voice alt, but I don't want him being a separate character. It would KINDA seem a tad redundant to have Pit and Pittoo in the game to me.

Roy:
Chance: 5%
At this point, I don't see Roy getting in UNLESS if he is a DLC character. And even then, I don't see Fire Emblem getting 5 characters (though I am EXTREMELY pleased that there are more than 2 FE characters in a single Smash Bros. game [besides Brawl mods]) unless if the 5th character is EXTREMELY different like Ephraim or Hector (who are both extremely unlikely as well).

Want: Eh, 30%.
I pretty much preferred using Marth over Roy in all of my matches. I didn't think his power made up for the fact that his recovery was worse than Marth's (I mean, he fell faster than Marth and his Blazer didn't go as high as Marth's Dolphin Slash [though it did go farther forward than Marth's move did]). Well, that and I prefer using the tip over the base (talking about the Falchion and Sword of Seals here). It gave me more power from afar. However, if he was included as DLC, I wouldn't mind 1 bit. :)

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Dark Pit
Chance 0% - he's disconfirmed.
Want 0% - there's not a clone that I dislike more than this guy. He's fine for an Alt nothing more.

-Roy
Chance 0% - four FE reps for this game was a travesty but 5 would be ridiculous.
Want 0% - annoyed of Fire Emblem already and its clones.

Habimaru

Smash Rookie
-Dark Pit
Chance (as an independent character) - .1%: He's pretty bound to an alt-slot. Lucina is THE exception, according to Sakurai. But I do hope for a alternative voiceset.
Want - 0%

-Roy
Chance & Want - 0%. Too much Fire Emblem. Three was already stretching it, four is borderline harmful. Five is plainly ridiculous. If they put anything else from Intelligent Systems, please be Advance Wars.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Lets go grafical shall we?

Every newcomer have these? so why Dark Pit hasn't?
"Dark Pit can recieve Lucina's treatment now that Clones are a thing" sorry my friend Lucina hurts him because:

She got the normal treatment of all newcomers while Dark Pit didn't the trailers and Lucina's inclusion were probably a thing since Palutena's trailer because the roster was decided a long time ago, even Sakurai HIMSELF said LUCINA IS A LUCKY ADDITION. If he wanted Dark Pit to be playable he should have had confirmed him IN PALUTENA'S TRAILER.

Dark Pit's supporters claim of teasing:

A fully shown character, called by name when no newcomer is mentioned by name previous to its announcement with no actual introduction at a time Lucina was a thing.

Actual teasing by Sakurai note how the characters in question are never mentioned by name

Even the debatible "teased" Ridley never mentioned by name or showed

REALLY I ASK WHY with all this evidence against Dark Pit people are giving him such great scores. There is tons of evidence againts him.
I find hard to believe that Sakurai introduced Lucina to the roster after Palutena's trailer, it is safe to say trailers where made sometime ago, so Dark Pit's lack of intro is INEXCUSABLE. Even now with Lucina's reveal it is made clear Sakurai doesn't care introducing 2 NEWCOMERS, this hurts Dark Pit and the theorised "teasing" supporters claim lack everything that people considered a teaser with other characters.

MONOLITH reTWEET IS ALSO CONSIDERED A SHULK TEASER IN MANY EYES, where Shulk showed or mentioned?

Chance: 0% Still in the same club with TOM NOOK, ISABELLE and the rest of previously "TEASED" characters
Want: 0% sorry but if we are rating Dark Pit as a posibility again, based on Lucina clone reveal then Dark Pit would be an even worse addition a clone of Pit with literally the same model and only a recolor, unlike Lucina who at least has her own model. So the theory about Dark Pit not being a clone contradics with his rerate purpose.

In the end if by some miracle Dark Pit is a clone character, this is going to set a precedent, we don't have evidence right now about a NEWCOMER being fully showed in another trailer and not getting properly introduced, I will accept I was wrong but not based on supporters "evidence" because all evidence in his favor works on the premise Sakurai has a master plan: a conspirancy to treat Dark Pit in a different way than EVERY OTHER NEWCOMER so far. Sorry I stick with facts.

Roy
Chance: 0% poor Roy
Want: 30% already missing in a game no big deal

Sorry if this is too long but when people pretend to not see words maybe images will do the trick

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Dark Pit
Chance: 8% - He could get in the same way Lucina got in.
Want: 0% - Just another lazy designed ant-character in the same class as Shadow Mario, Shadow the hedgehog, Dark Samus, Dark Link, and Blood Falcon. The formula for creating anti-characters is simple, take a pre-existing major character then give it darker colours then throw in a negative brooding personality.

Roy
Chance: 1% - Because we've pretty much ran out of room for Fire Emblem characters.
Want: 0% - He gets no support from me.

Predictions:
Lucas - 59%
Dixie - 66%

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dark Pit: Abstain, because he's going to be a character swap for Pit, and I'm not sure how to rate that. (Why is that not honestly as good? All he has is a different voice. And longer name. And I like Dark Pit.)

Roy: Chance: 0% - I'm sorry Roy, if Chrom couldn't get in as a Fire Emblem clone-semi-clone, and we already have 4 reps, there's no way you're getting in unless Sakurai has gone completely insane.

Want: 0% - I never liked Roy's mechanics in Melee, and never liked how wimpy his aerials were. And then I played Sword of Seals/Binding Blade, and my opinion of him shot even lower because of how godawful he was/bland the character was. I couldn't even tell you what his characterization was aside from generic hero, because I was so uninspired.

Sorry, Roy fans, I can't get on your train, but I do hope you get something!

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Dark Pit: Abstain, because he's going to be a character swap for Pit, and I'm not sure how to rate that. (Why is that not honestly as good? All he has is a different voice. And longer name. And I like Dark Pit.)

Roy: Chance: 0% - I'm sorry Roy, if Chrom couldn't get in as a Fire Emblem clone-semi-clone, and we already have 4 reps, there's no way you're getting in unless Sakurai has gone completely insane.

Want: 0% - I never liked Roy's mechanics in Brawl, and never liked how wimpy his aerials were. And then I played Sword of Seals/Binding Blade, and my opinion of him shot even lower because of how godawful he was/bland the character was. I couldn't even tell you what his characterization was aside from generic hero, because I was so uninspired.

Sorry, Roy fans, I can't get on your train, but I do hope you get something!
We rate on the premise the character is going to be playable as his own, not as a palette, if you are certain Dark Pit is a palette then rate him low as a character, or if you think he is a character rate him high :colorful:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We rate on the premise the character is going to be playable as his own, not as a palette, if you are certain Dark Pit is a palette then rate him low as a character, or if you think he is a character rate him high :colorful:
See, I would, but I really can't say for sure which one that means he is! (Since honestly I'd like to consider alt characters their own characters if they happen. But at the same time...I dunno, the issue's tricky. I'd like to keep my "Abstain" if I may.)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Okay, so while an amount of people I do not know the exact number of have started looking forward to my super long essay posts, the sheer length of them along with everything else on my plate means I need to do some cutting down. There'll be less style, but the same amount of substance.

Dark Pit
Chance:
-As Character: 10%
-As Alternate Costume: 90%

Lucina's clone-ness helps Pittoo's chances...barely. He didn't get the character splash image Lucina did, and it sounds like Lucina was a fluke alternate costume they decided to upgrade to clone. Lucina makes some sense as a clone or half-clone since she's still distinct from Marth, whereas Dark Pit is physically identical to Pit and has the same physical abilities. His only differences from Pit (aside from the black hair, wings, and tunic) are in personality, which doesn't lend well toward being his own character.

That said, maybe he'll still end up as a "bonus clone" like Lucina if the developers get the extra time. The odds still heavily favor him being an alternate costume.

Want:
-As Character: 5%
-As Alternate Costume: 95%

I don't see what good he'd do as his own character. If they have the time to make bonus clones, why not go with other characters who'd be distinct enough?

Roy
Chance:
-Initial Roster: 0%
-Via DLC: 10%

Sorry, guys, it's not gonna happen. We already got an unexpected four Fire Emblem characters, and the much more popular and relevant Lucina was almost just a Marth alt. Roy's chance of being DLC is all but shot to pieces as well, since Sakurai outright said in this month's Famitsu that he didn't want to bend over backwards to make a character distinct. What relatively obvious traits does Roy even have that aren't already covered by Marth, Ike, and Lucina?

The Young Lion's time has passed. It's best that we move on.

Besides, he's not even well-liked by fans of his own game. >_>

Predictions
Dixie Kong: 43.9%
Lucas: 60.4%

Last edited:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit
As a Character 5%
As a Alt 95% (It technically already happened in SSBB)
I don't want this to happen, Kid Icarus could have some much better characters than a black colored Pit as a character for Smash. As a Alt though is a good idea; we already had a Black Pit color (Which is basically Dark Pit just without the eyes) in SSBB, but what they could do to make that black colored pit better is give him the red eyes, and the angry smile.

Roy
As a Character 0%
As a Alt 0%
Never gonna happen, sorry just won't happen now that Lucina is basically EXACTLY what Roy was in SSBM; they both use the entire sword (Unlike Marth that uses the tip), and are both Clones of Marth. The only difference is Roy has fire basically. Sorry I think Roy is dead.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Dark Pit:
Chance: 15%
I don't really see why he would receive a spot in Smash 4. He'd fit much better as an ALT for Pit rather than a new fighter.

I'd rather have a new Kid Icarus character (Hades & Medusa) maybe? Sakurai pls

Roy:
Chance: 10%
With 4 Fire Emblem characters announced as playable his chances aren't looking too bright...

Want: 75%
He's a cool guy that I'd like to have in for nostalgic purposes. I've played with him a lot in Melee since I first got a Gamecube and I think it would be cozy (is that the right word?) to include him.

Roy is probably dead though :(

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
Heck; that Super Bash Sisters 'gag' made me want to brutally kick Palutena to death
Welcome to my (Under)world, YoshiandToad.

Confession time; I don't like Kid Icarus Uprising. Like at all.
How dare you diss my favorite game of all time? This is more than mere sacrilege! I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to tell you to leave. Goodbye. See you when you die! Which, based on the number of zealots you just pissed off, may be pretty soon...

Except Hades. He can be a alternate costume.
If I hadn't detected sarcasm in that statement, I would have closed your account for you. Anyone who actually believes this is a good idea will be receiving "special treatment" after they die.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I'm just gonna skim through todays ratings so don't expect a lot of explanation for my ratings.

Roy:
Chance: 1%
Veteran but two clones of Marth? Um, no.
Two clones of Marth? Um, no.

Dark Pit:
Chance: 5%
Could go the way of Lucina and have been planned as an alt but end up playable but could also go the way as Tom Nook, Doc Luis or all the pokemon in the Greninja trailer.
It's like saying Dark Link should end up playable.

Predictions:
Dixie - 48.94%
Lucas - 56.87%

Groose

Smash Champion

Well someone seems to have anger issues ...

Whatever makes you think you'll be the one doing the beating? I'm not holding back on anyone!

(you can consider that a challenge ;D)
Challenge accepted! When... the game eventually comes out (and providing the online isn't as bad as Brawl's).
It does make me glad to see this banter going back and forth. I know how passionate the both of you were about getting you character of choice, and it's funny to think of you two duking it out. When you two have your showdown, Pac-Man to Palutena, I'll be watching.

...and my Villager's axe will be waiting for the winner. It'd be even better if it were Toad to Palutena, but...

Mah Boi Roy: 0.01% chance and 0% want
We already have one clone of Marth. Why on Earth would the development team consider it a priority to add a second? I'd say we're far more likely to get clones of other characters than another of Marth. Additionally, I find it unlikely the team decided to flesh Roy out into his own character; they put a lot of effort into Robin, and I strongly doubt that they'd put so much work into another Fire Emblem character. As for want? I've had my share of Fire Emblem and my share of clones.

Pittooey: 51% chance and 0% want
Talking about Dark Pit reminds me of talking about Ridley--they've both been teased, but they both could merely be resuming the roles that they held in Brawl. Dark Pit is clearly going to at least get to be an alternate costume of Pit, and that could very well be his role. Sakurai did state that having a different voice and name wasn't enough to earn a spot on the roster; he stated that one needed different properties as well. I feel like Dark Pit can go either way, but I feel the odds of Sakurai will give him a few new specials based on different weapons and calling it a day are slightly higher than of just leaving Pittoo as a simple color option.

In the want category, it's really Hades or bust for me when it comes to Kid Icarus characters. Well, Medusa wouldn't be so bad. However, I'm not a huge Dark Pit fan in general, and I certainly don't want a clone. A palate swap with a voice change sounds perfect to me.

x5 I Figured Out Something Fun To Nominate, But I Can't Do It Yet

DAY OVER

THEY GOT NO SYMPATHY FROM US!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I want to state something we just actually discovered after the Palutena trailer, I thank @Spinosaurus for pointing this out:
In Palutena's Japanese trailer, Palutena does not actually name Dark Pit in the end of the trailer:
In the end of the trailer:
Yeah, I think she says something like "Oh my, you came back?". No mention of Dark Pit, or "Kuroi Pitto". (Black Pit) Definitely did not mention Dark Pit.
No mention of Pittoo at all. This game being developed by Japanese studio, I think Sakurai was trying to hint at him without revealing his name, and I could see that they made a mistake when translating the script of the trailer. So yeah even if this name theory holds merit, Dark Pit is not mentioned in name at all, so his chances still remain good.
I just wanted to clear things up to those who think him being referred by name outside of Japan's deconfirms him. :p

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Our Boy
1.44% chance
19.70% want

Unfortunately, the trailer we saw last monday has taken the wind out of both of the red head's sales. Still, the last time we dismissed a Fire Emblem character, it turned out to be a pretty fatal mistake... perhaps history will repeat itself?

Pittoo
21.17% chance
20.12% want

All votes that were casted assuming we we were rating his odds of being an alternate costume were excluded from the average. Even so, the violent version of Pit still managed a decent score in chance. His want score? It was pretty bad.

You thought the Attack of the Clones was over? Well, that's a matter of perspective; some will consider today's characters semi-clones or potential clones while others consider them unique characters. First up today is Dixie Kong. She needs no introduction, but I'll give you a quick (and not-so-biased) one anyway--she was Diddy's sidekick in the greatest 2D platformed ever made before rising to the role of the main character in the final installment of Rare's DKC trilogy. She disappeared from the franchise briefly, but has resurfaced as a sidekick in the newest installment of the series. The other character we're rating is Lucas, who was the main character in Mother 3 and debatably in the Subspace Emissary as well. Please rate Lucas and Dixie in chance and want.

All hail the King! K. Rool is returning tomorrow, and he's angry that Shulk just stole his crown of Most Wanted Newcomer. Mewtwo is also striking back tomorrow, so that should make things interesting; please predict how K. Rool and Mewtwo will do.

Schedule:
Day 279: Shulk, Chorus Kids, and Gematsu
Day 280: Dark Pit and Roy

Day 281: Dixie Kong and Lucas
Day 282: K. Rool and Mewtwo
Day 283: Snake and Isaac
Day 284: Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr.
Day 285: Takamaru and Pichu

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Dixie Kong:
Chance: 43% almost the same I'd give K.Rool.
Want: 100% my favorite DK character =3
Lucas:
Chance: 57% He hasn't appeared in anything not represented in Brawl..since Brawl. He's definitely first on the axe list, but I think there's a good chance that list won't exist for this game. They'd probably know not to drop Mother back to one character too.
Want: 90% No Brawl vets deserve the axe. Especially when that means they'll only have one playable character from their series.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Lucas Chance: 35% Just a bit up in chances now now that the Gematsu Leak has been smashed into smithereens, I still think the cut for Lucas is still planned and that he is still likely to get cut for Ness and for other relevant newcomer semi-clones to get in. I would yell in celebration if he did indeed come back!

Dixie Kong Chance: 75% Up 10% due to semi-clones being confirmed for the game, I feel really confident that she's getting due to her playable appearance in Tropical Freeze. I see her as the only viable DK newcomer along with Cranky Kong (But his moveset potential is lacking though). I'll be pretty shocked if K. Rool gets in over her or if there is no DK newcomer at all.

King K. Rool: 54.56% His chances will never be below 50% I can guarantee you that.
Mewtwo: 83.45%

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Dixie Kong: Abstain
I know I'm just going to blurt out some biased statement that makes it seem like she burns puppies, so I'm going to abstain so as to not infect the ratings.
Lucas:
Chance - 75%
Sakurai has stated that he's been trying to make sure as few characters as possible get cut. If he was on the chopping block, that convenient delay of the 3DS version should solidify his place. I just don't think he'd be cut. Though there is that chance
Want - 100%
Cuts are never nice. :(

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Dixie Kong: Abstain
I know I'm just going to blurt out some biased statement that makes it seem like she burns puppies, so I'm going to abstain so as to not infect the ratings.
Lucas:
Chance - 100%
Sakurai has stated that he's been trying to make sure as few characters as possible get cut. If he was on the chopping block, that convenient delay of the 3DS version should solidify his place. I just don't think he'd be cut.
Want - 100%
Cuts are never nice. :(
The delay would help Lucas' chances, if it weren't for the fact they are delaying it for debugging.

andimidna

Smash Master
Dixie Kong:
Past arguments against her-
1. Kompetition
2. TF is too new
3. Not unique enough

But then...:4lucina::4lucina::4lucina:
Fire emblem was able to get 2 unique veterans, a unique newcomer, and a clone.
Now, DK in general is much bigger than fire emblem. DK is bigger than Marth, Diddy is bigger than Ike, k Rool is bigger than robin, Dixie is bigger than Lucina. It only makes sense that the series would get the same treatment.
Now there's even still a chance that she could be her own unique character, but I doubt that at this point. A semi clone of Diddy seems very likely. And a clone, she would:
1. Not be competing with k Rool
2. Be added late in development, where her TF appearance would not be too new to take into consideration
3. Not have to be unique or bring new moves
Perfect. Everything that used to be against her is gone now.
I refuse to believe there will be multiple clones in this game and the developers won't think of the most obvious choice. The iconic, not unique, but still loved, Dixie Kang.

Dixie chance: 89%
Dixie want: 100%

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Lucas
Want 20%
Chance 35%
I do think Gematsu is a legit source, definitely outdated information, but that does not mean it is not true and I do think Lucas could be cut since most of his specials could be edited moves for Ness, and Earthbound deserves a character that stays true to the game which Lucas does not. If he does end up being in the game I would not be really surprised though.

Dixie Kong
Want 50%
Chance 60%
I think Dixie could be a cool character to add as a 3rd Dk Rep. They definitely deserve one too. I could see it not happening too, but it could happen.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Dixie: 50%
Could go either way honestly. Donkey Kong is big enough to deserve three reps and she's the most probable candidate (more probable than K. Roll, sadly, because she's a main and playable character in two (three? not sure) games while K. Roll, although the main villain in the first games, has been left aside for other villains in the most recent games.
Want: 60%

Lucas: 70%
I thought he was gonna get cut for sure, but seeing as how Gemtasu certainly had some outadted information, he still has a good chance of coming back. Also, the confirmarion of semi-clones gives him a slight boost in chance
Want: 100%

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dixie Kong - 55%

Well, Lucina completely destroyed the "no new clones" thing. But at the same time I don't really feel like we'll get many more clones, if any more at all, if only to have as much variety as possible. The Kritters returning for the first time since 2008 is still a huge deal too, she's got some big competition.

Want - 60%

Would much rather have K. Rool get in first, but I wouldn't mind her otherwise either.

Lucas - 50%

I hardly know what to believe in regards to the leak anymore....I think things could go either way for Lucas here.

Want - 60%

Generally I don't like cuts, but I have no personal connection or attachment to Lucas, and I didn't care for him much in Brawl. So I honestly wouldn't hate to see him go that badly.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Dixie Kong:

Chance: 33.33%
Possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

Want: 30%
Eh.

Lucas:

Chance: 66.66%
More likely than not, but not even close to a guarantee. I think the delay really helped him.

For the sake of others.

Predictions:
King K. Rool: 66%
Mewtwo: 67.89%

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong
Chance: 30%
Want: 15%
I like the character, Donkey Kong Country 2 is one of my favorite games ever, and I really loved her inclusion in Tropical Freeze (despite her being so op). However, I don't want her in Smash for two reasons. One is that she'd probably end up a clone of Diddy Kong, the second being that she could displace my number one most wanted character, King K Rool, who has tons more moveset potential and is more important to the franchise. I wouldn't mind getting her, but only if she doesn't come at the expense of K. Rool. I'm not saying we can't get them both (we got two Fire Emblem newcomers), but there is no doubt that her inclusion would hurt the Kremling King's chances.

Lucas
Chance: 75%
He's probably one of the most likely veterans to get cut outside of the obvious Squrtle, Ivysaur, and Snake. His chance would have been lower, but Gematsu's hit in credibility has helped him. I'm sure Sakurai doesn't want to cut characters, unless it's necessary, and you'd think that if they DID cut him, they'd replace him with another character from the series, but his series hasn't had another game in way too long. I personally want to see him back, as I enjoy playing as him, more-so than Ness, but I can live without him.

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Dixie - 45% Chance | 48% Want
Little less than half, it would be hard for her not to be a clone.

Lucas - 75% Chance | 95% Want
He's really only one of the only characters Mother Series can represent besides Ness.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
I'd say 25% for Dixie Kong, because I don't see her getting in, but I also wouldn't be surprised at all if he did.
I don't really care for whether or not she makes it tbh, but if she does, good for her and I'd probably try her out.

For Lucas though, I think he has a good 75% chance of making it in and I really want him to come back because he was my Brawl main and he looks/plays sick in Project M.
But yeah. I think both are very viable to make it in (or back in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom